END OF AN ERA

progressive rock music

Buy NIGHTWISH Music
Live, released in 2006

Disc One:
1. Dark Chest Of Wonders (5:08)
2. Planet Hell (4:44)
3. Ever Dream (5:27)
4. Kinslayer (4:08)
5. Phantom Of The Opera (5:11)
6. The Siren (4:52)
7. Sleeping Sun (4:55)
8. High Hopes (6:54)
9. Bless The Child (6:24)
10. Wishmaster (4:43)

Disc Two:
1. Slaying The Dreamer (5:04)
2. Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan (4:13)
3. Nemo (4:46)
4. Ghost Love Score (10:29)
5. Stone People (4:08)
6. Creek Mary´s Blood (8:13)
7. Over The Hills and Far Away (5:26)
8. Wish I Had an Angel (7:52)

Search NIGHTWISH End Of An Era lyrics

Search NIGHTWISH End Of An Era tabs

- Marco Hietala / bass
- Tuomas Holopainen / keyboards
- Jukka Nevalainen / drums
- Tarja Turunen / vocal
- Emppu Vuorinen / guitar

Nuclear Blast

Thanks to gatot for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

NIGHTWISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTWISH End Of An Era Music

End of an Era [Blu-ray]End of an Era [Blu-ray]
Nuclear Blast Int'l 2013
Blu-ray$24.35
LP over the hills and far away ~ USD $27.92

More places to buy NIGHTWISH music online Buy NIGHTWISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTWISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTWISH End Of An Era ratings distribution

NIGHTWISH End Of An Era reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars WOW! This is great live concert!

I don't know exactly why I love Nightwish. It's probably I have grown up with symphonic kind of music like Genesis, ELP, Triumvirat, Yes, Symphonic Slam as well as straight forward rock music like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad. And I think the music of Nightwish blends together all elements of symphonic music and heavier part of rock music which lately people call it as metal. I have no single complaint to the music of Nightwish. They are just perfect to my ears, really.

When I'm referring back to my basic philosophy that music is emotion this live set does its job brilliantly. Why? I got totally energized with the streams of music these guys and gal in the band have delivered wonderfully. The music has successfully exploded my adrenaline; completely elevate my emotion to the top of the hill with ultimate satisfaction. There is no such things like extreme nice melodies, nor complex arrangement, nor long solos (either guitar or keyboard) - it's just perfect and it does move me man! From the blast of opening track "Dark Chest Of Wonders" with its heavy riffs and energetic beats, the band brings to another dynamic style of "Planet Hell" and "Ever Dream". Well sometimes I feel that Nightwish music is a heavier version of the music of Royal Hunt which I also love the music.

What I originally only heard at compilation CD "Highest Hopes", now I can hear excellently the legendary song by Pink Floyd "High Hopes" which was performed excellently by Nightwish. The grass is greener .. "Wishmaster" concludes the Disc One wonderfully.

Disc Two starts beautifully with "Slaying The Dreamer" using heavy guitar riffs in energetic mood. The music calms down with the entrance of second track of Disc Two: "Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan". Oh man . this is a music with great and touchy melodies especially when it is augmented with violin. Another track which touches me is "Creek Mary's Blood" from "Once" album. The album concludes with the band's hit "Wish I Had an Angel".

Thislive set was recorded at the final concert of "Once World Tour" on 21 October 2005 for 11,500 people in Hartwall-Arena in Helsinki. After the concert, Tuomas, Emppu, Marco and Jukka fired Tarja Turunen. The reason for this was because during the Once Tour her attitude and actions had turned out to be against almost all that Nightwish members. By the end of 2005, "Once" has sold approx. 1,000 000 copies worldwide and received triple platinum in Finland, platinum in Germany, and gold in Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Greece, and Austria. The "Highest Hopes" collection has sold double platinum in Finland and gold in Norway by the end of the year 2005.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#95055) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 19, 2006

3 stars This is a good enough double live album from the Finnish operatic power metallers. It is a run through of their (at the time) later material, and earlier classics. The version of 'Wishmaster' is good and contains a surprise riff at the end (Iron Maiden's Trooper). Also th cover of Floyd's 'High ... (read more)

Report this review (#164096) | Posted by burtonrulez | Sunday, March 16, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTWISH "End Of An Era"