NEVER A TIME

Genesis Never a Time album cover

Buy GENESIS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1993

1. Never a Time (3:52)
2. Dreaming While You Sleep (Live) (7:56)
3. Turn It On Again (1992 Live) (5:19)
4. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (Full Version Live) (9:34)

Search GENESIS Never a Time lyrics

Search GENESIS Never a Time tabs

- Tony Banks / keyboards vocals
- Phil Collins / drums, lead vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitars, basses, vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitars, basses, vocals (live tracks only)
- Chester Thompson / drums (live tracks only)

CD: Virgin Records, GENE 11

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Never a Time Music

Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Selling England By The PoundSelling England By The Pound
Atlantic 1995
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Fontana Mca 1993
AbacabAbacab
Remastered
Atlantic 1994
MIKE RUTHERFORD (of Genesis) x 2 Solo Lps Acting Very (promo) / Smallcreep's Day US $7.99 Buy It Now 33m 2s
GENESIS - PHIL COLLINS NO JACKET REQUIRED TURQUOISE FRANCE TARGET CD AUDIOPHILE US $26.00 Buy It Now 34m 11s
Peter Gabriel 2: Scratch Japan Limited Mini-LP CD Genesis TOCP-66078 W/Obi US $10.50 [2 bids]
38m 4s
Genesis + Phil Collins Backing Track Double Cd US $8.43 Buy It Now 43m 54s
Genesis - From Genesis To Revelation [CD New] US $11.76 Buy It Now 50m 24s
GENESIS Psych Rock 45 on Buddah #132 Journey To The Moon pt.1 b/w pt.2 US $7.99 Buy It Now 56m 57s
GENESIS A TRICK OF THE TAIL 7" SINGLE CHEAP US $6.74 Buy It Now 1h 4m
GENESIS US $7.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - AND THEN THERE WERE THREE - CD - LIKE NEW CONDITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Genesis - Abacab LP Netherlands Vertigo 6302 162 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
genesis lp and then there were three sd 19173 vg+/m- US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
"Genesis" JOB FOR A COWBOY - BRODEQUIN, DEPRECATED, PROPHECY, SUFFOCATION, NILE US $4.00 [0 bids]
genesis - genesis 1983 first pressing cd rare US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Genesis "Behind The Lines/Minsunderstanding" 45 in Stereo US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 45m
POLAND import AD OMBRA Rites Of Genesis CD Stoa ELEND Chaostar NEW sealed US $19.98 Buy It Now 1h 49m
GENESIS - TURN IT ON AGAIN - THE HITS VIRGIN REC./ SBA/GALA REC.INC 1999 S US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
GENESIS - S/T 74 COLOMBIA FOLK ROCK PSYCH ANDEAN ex SPEAKERS GUITARIST CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 57m
GENESIS - YAKTA MAMA 75 COLOMBIA ETHNIC FOLK PSYCH ROCK ex SPEAKERS GTRST SLD CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Genesis "Same" Mint US $5.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS "THROWING IT ALL AWAY" ATLANTIC Records Vinyl 45 Rpm US $6.49 Buy It Now 2h 6m
GENESIS " I CAN'T DANCE" ATLANTIC Records Vinyl 45 Rpm Free S/H USA! US $6.49 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Genesis "And Then There Were Three" - Book Cover - Near Mint US $5.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS & VARIOUS ARTISTS A COLLECTION OF 18 SINGLES FROM THE 1980'S US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 9m
GENESIS TONIGHT, TONIGHT, TONIGHT PAPERLATE 12" 1986 NEW FACTORY SEALED US $15.29 Buy It Now 2h 20m
GENESIS - ABACAB NEW CD US $31.11 Buy It Now 2h 20m
GENESIS - FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION NEW CD US $19.25 Buy It Now 2h 23m
GENESIS Selling England By The Pound 180 Gr NEW EU 2013 LP Vinyl free shipping US $39.90 Buy It Now 2h 24m
GENESIS Genesis Collection Volume One FAMOUS CHARISMA UK box set NEAR MINT US $75.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Genesis (Clean Version) CD US $4.34 Buy It Now 2h 34m
ITALY PROMO BOX 2LP GENESIS "EVIL JAM" NAZARETH\ORME FRANCIS DAY 75 + BOOKLET US $149.00 [0 bids]
Lot (10) Cassette Tapes- Rock, Funk, Country- U2, Beatles, Rare Essence, Genesis US $4.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS AND THEN THERE WERE THREE 12" VINYL RECORD LP 1978 US $8.43 Buy It Now 2h 43m
MIKE & THE MECHANICS (GENESIS) - NOBODY KNOWS - DJ PROMO MINT UNPLAYED 45 WPS US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Genesis - The Way We Walk Vol.1 cd ex+ condition. US $10.14 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Genesis - Three Sides Live - Vinyl Record Album US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Mike Rutherford Small Creep's Day 2007 CD Smallcreeps Genesis & The Mechanics US $25.34 Buy It Now 2h 54m
GENESIS FOXTROT DEFINITIVE EDITION REMASTER - JAPAN (VJCP-3209) US $20.00 [0 bids]
Busta Rhymes : Genesis CD (2001) US $3.96 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Genesis - Rock Theatre - LP on Fontana - EXCELLENT US $1.67 [0 bids]
3h
Rock 45 GENESIS It's Gonna Get Better on Atlantic US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 3m
70s Prog Rock GENESIS Duke Original 1980 Vinyl LP NEAR MINT ATLANTIC 12" US $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 3m
GENESIS ABACAB UK PRESS EMBOSSED SLEEVE LYRIC INNER CBR 102 EX/EX 1981 US $10.12 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Genesis, Turn It on Again: Tour Edition Audio CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
GENESIS: Spot The Pigeon LP (Canada, black vinyl, PC v. sl cw) Rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Abacab by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, 1981) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Genesis PHIL COLLINS Both Sides of the Story w/ RARE EDIT USA PROMO DJ CD Single US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Genesis PHIL COLLINS True Colors RARE TRK PROMO DJ CD single Sheila E Babyface US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
GENESIS - DUKE 12" UK PRESS 12" VINYL RECORD LP 1980 US $6.74 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Genesis ROCK THEATRE German CD issue of this early Genesis compilation on VIRGIN US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Genesis Calling All Stations Cd ATLANTIC 1997 New! Sealed!! US $9.49 Buy It Now 3h 25m
CAMEL the single factor JAPAN mini lp SHM CD PETER BARDENS GENESIS CURVED AIR SS US $27.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - Selling England By The Pound - LP 180g Vinyl Sealed - (2013 re-issue) US $28.72 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Busta Rhymes Genesis CD NEW 2001 What It Is/As I Come Back/Break Ya Neck+ US $8.43 Buy It Now 3h 37m
GENESIS live the way we walk volume one & two JAPAN MINI LP 2 CD PHIL COLLINS US $35.99 [0 bids]
GTR s/t JAPAN MINI LP CD YES GENESIS Steve Hackett Howe SEALED US $32.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS NURSERY CRYME VJCR 68092 Japan Vinyl replica GATEFOLD CD EX 70s prog ! US $11.00 [3 bids]
PHIL COLLINS - FACE VALUE CASSETTE MINT COND / GENESIS / THE WHO / THE SUPREMES US $13.84 [0 bids]
GENESIS-Calling All Stations-PROGRESSIVE-Soft-ROCK-Ray Wilson(vocals)CLASSIC-Cd US $8.49 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Genesis Three Sides Live Double LP Atlantic SD 2-2000 Stereo 1982 GF VG+/Str VG US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 45m
GENESIS FOXTROT VJCP-68093 vinyl replica GATEFOLD CD Japan 70s PROG GABRIEL EX ! US $10.97 [3 bids]
PETER GABRIEL II EU mini lp CD GENESIS SEALED US $6.99 [0 bids]
Genesis "Best Of Genesis" US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Genesis "Profile" US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
STEVE HACKETT please don't touch! +3 JAPAN MINI LP CD GENESIS SEALED US $27.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND VJCP-68095 vinyl replica CD JAPAN PROG EX US $11.00 [3 bids]
JOB FOR A COWBOY - Genesis - CD **L!KE NEW** US $7.25 Buy It Now 4h 10m
CD KNEBWORTH The Album 2CDs CANADA Pink Floyd GENESIS Robert Plant DIRE STRAITS US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Ray Wilson - Genesis Vs. Stiltskin - 20 Years And More NEW 3 x CD US $25.84 Buy It Now 4h 16m
GENESIS A Trick of the Tail VJCP-68098 vinyl replica GATEFOLD CD JAPAN PROG EX ! US $17.75 [4 bids]
Genesis - Trespass [ 33 rpm vinyl ] US $9.99 [0 bids]
Steel Prophet - Genesis - '00 cd Jag Panzer Iron Maiden Fates Warning OOP US $4.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Lp And Then There Were Three 1978 Atlantic records US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Kurtis Blow Presents the History of Rap, Vol. 1: The Genesis by Various... US $19.49 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Genesis Lp In The Beginning 1977 London records US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Genesis Lp Wind & Wuthering 1976 Atco records SD 36144 US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Genesis Lp Genesis 1983 Atlantic records US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Genesis double Lp Three Sides Live 1982 Atlantic records US $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Genesis Lp Abacab 1981 Atlantic records US $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Genesis Lp Duke 1980 Atlantic records US $17.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Genesis Lp Selling England by the Pound 1973 Charisma records US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Genesis Lp Live in France 1972 Charisma records US $17.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Genesis Lp Trespass 1970 MCA records US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Genesis double Lp Seconds Out 1977 Atlantic records US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Genesis Lp Foxtrot 1972 Charisma records US $37.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Genesis Lp A Trick of the Tail 1976 Atco records US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Genesis : A Trick Of The Tail CD (1994) US $8.97 Buy It Now 4h 35m
DON McLEAN ~ Crying / Genesis ~ 7" Single US $5.05 Buy It Now 4h 35m
PHIL COLLINS Serious Hits...Live! Music CD Rock Pop (Nov-1990, Atlantic) Genesis US $5.50 Buy It Now 4h 42m
GENESIS Journey To The Moon VG 45 RPM US $0.99 [1 bids]
GENESIS Wind & Wuthering Ex Charisma 1976 UK LP US $10.12 Buy It Now 4h 56m
GENESIS Selling England By The Pound Limited Original Recording Remastered LP US $42.24 Buy It Now 5h
JOY WILLIAMS-Genesis-Devotional-GOSPEL-Civil Wars-CONTEMPORARY-Country-VOCALS-Cd US $7.49 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Genesis ~ Three Sides Live ~ 2 LP's US $1.99 [0 bids]
We Can't Dance by Genesis (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic) GR8 SHAPE!! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Steve Hackett (Genesis) - Please Don't Touch 1978 vinyl LP US $13.52 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Genesis rare CD US $13.52 Buy It Now 5h 12m
GENESIS LIVE CASSETTE US $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band)... US $1.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS/abacab/45 & picture sleeve/ 1981 US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
GENESIS Tonight Tonight Tonight 1987 UK 4-track 12'' vinyl single EXCELLENT COND US $13.51 Buy It Now 5h 35m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Never a Time ratings distribution

GENESIS Never a Time reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars I bought this CD single (or CD EP?) in mid 1994, after buying in 1992 and in 1993 the "The Way We Walk" CDs (Vols. 1 & 2, respectively) and two months before buying the "The Way We Walk - In Concert" Laser Disc of the same tour. At that time, I wanted to complete the songs of the set list that Genesis played on that tour but were not released in those two live CDs from the "We Can`t Dance" tour (but were included in the Laser disc: "Dreaming While Your Sleep" and "Turn It On Again"), and this release was the "Marketing Trick" that completed the set list. Maybe Genesis and their label knew that some Fans like me wanted to have ALL the songs that they played on that tour released on official CDS (years later I knew thanks to the Web that they also played "Carpet Crawlers" once or twice during that tour, so the only way to have this song in my collection was to buy bootlegs, a thing I never did).

So, I think that this CD was released to really promote three albums at the same time, releasing another song from the "We Can`t Dance" as a single ("Never a Time") and two previously unreleased live tracks from the "We Can`t Dance" tour ("Driving While You Sleep" and "Turn It On Again") which were not released in the "The Way We Walk" live CDs, PLUS a previously unreleased on CD Full Live Version of "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight", recorded live during the "Invisible Touch" tour in 1987.

I think that the song "Never a Time" was a good choice for a single then, being another Rock Pop ballad, but with some quality. In fact, it is one of my favourite songs from the "We Can`t Dance" album, with good vocals by Collins and good lyrics too.

The live version of "Driving While You Sleep" is very similar to the studio version, being a good live version which maybe is the same version which was released in the "The Way We Way- In Concert" Laser Disc. It is really hard to listen to differences between both live versions. I know that in the "Archives 1976-92" Box Set there is another live version of this song, but as I still don`t have this Box Set, I can`t say if it is the same live version which was released in this "Never a Time" CD single.

The live version of "Turn It On Again" is somewhat different to the live version which was released in the "Three Sides Live" album in 1982. First, the sound of the piano is different, with a more "digitally updated" sound. Also Collins`vocals sound different due to the passing of time. It is also hard to say how different is this live version from the live version which was released in the Laser Disc. They sound very similar, but the main difference is that Collins, during that song in the Laser disc version, introduced all the members of the band by the middle of the song. The live version released in this CD maybe was edited, because the presentation of the members of the band is not included.

In 1989 I recorded from the Radio in a cassette excerpts from a a concert recorded during the "Invisible Touch" Tour ( in October 1986 at the Forum, in Los Angeles, as I read years later on the Web). Being this 1986 live version of "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" very good, I wanted to have an official live recording of the Full Version recorded during that tour released on CD. So, another "hook" to buy this CD was this 1987 live version. The live version released in the Vol. 1 of the "The Way We Walk" CD is shorter and played in a lower tone to help Collins sing this song. Maybe the real reason to release this live version recorded in 1987 was to "explain in sound" why Genesis played the song in a lower tone and in a shorter lenght in their 1992 tour: Collins couldn`t reach anymore the very high notes which this song has in several parts. This 1987 version is not as good as the live version which I have from The Forum, because Collins, while singing without problems all the verses of the song in 1986, by the end of the tour, in mid 1987, he couldn`t reach the high notes (maybe by that time his voice was tired, because the "Invisible Touch" tour had many concert dates). This live version sounds very similar to the live version which was released in the "Invisible Touch Tour" video (filmed at Wembley Stadium in July 1987), so maybe it is the same version. Chester Thompson shines playing very good drums in this song, but his playing is also better in the version which was recorded at The Forum.

This "Never a Time" CD single was released in different versions in several countries. The U.S. version, which I also saw in the record shop didn`t have the Full Live Version of "Tonight...". So I bought the version which I review here, with my CD copy saying "Made in Holland" in the Disc`s label.

This CD is mainly for Collectors. It is a good CD, but not essential for the Fans who don`t like the music that Genesis composed as a Trio.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#98444) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 12, 2006

2 stars A friend of mine loaned me this and I managed to listen to it 3 times through so I could give a legitimate review. This release contains about 25 minutes of music, both studio and live. All is from the 80-90's poppier Genesis trio. "Never a Time" is the first track here and it is a typical Phi ... (read more)

Report this review (#280841) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, May 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Never a Time"