NEVER A TIME

Genesis Never a Time album cover

Buy GENESIS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1993

1. Never a Time (3:52)
2. Dreaming While You Sleep (Live) (7:56)
3. Turn It On Again (1992 Live) (5:19)
4. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (Full Version Live) (9:34)

Search GENESIS Never a Time lyrics

Search GENESIS Never a Time tabs

- Tony Banks / keyboards vocals
- Phil Collins / drums, lead vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitars, basses, vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitars, basses, vocals (live tracks only)
- Chester Thompson / drums (live tracks only)

CD: Virgin Records, GENE 11

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Never a Time Music

Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Selling England By The PoundSelling England By The Pound
Atlantic 1995
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
TrespassTrespass
Fontana Mca 1993
GENESIS ABACAB WHO DUNNIT 45 RPM 7" SLSE 464 ZG US $0.99 [0 bids]
30m 56s
Live at Knebworth 2 Discs Pink Floyd Clapton Robert Plant Genesis Elton John US $10.24 [0 bids]
31m 36s
GENESIS "NM DISC" Hi - Def Live 42LS2008 LD AE5435 US $19.99 [0 bids]
32m
GENESIS "NM DISC" Genesis A History VALP-3211 LD AE7399 US $19.99 [0 bids]
32m
GENESIS "NM DISC" Genesis Live The Mama Tour SM068-3095 LD AE7406 US $19.99 [0 bids]
32m 1s
Genesis Live Japan Promo White Label Vinyl LP Gabriel US $79.99 Buy It Now 32m 10s
GENESIS LIVE - PETER GABRIEL FRANCE IMPORT 1973 CHARISMA 6369 304 NM LP NICE! US $39.99 [0 bids]
32m 34s
GENESIS - FOXTROT PETER GABRIEL GERMAN IMPORT RARE FAMOUS CHARISMA PROG LP NM+ US $39.99 [0 bids]
32m 34s
GENESIS "NM DISC" Three Sides Live BVLP-54 OBI LD AE3279 US $14.99 [0 bids]
34m 50s
GENESIS "NM DISC" A History VALP-3211 LD AE3276 US $14.99 [0 bids]
34m 50s
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
35m 55s
Tony Banks For A While/From the Undertow Famous Charisma Genesis Germany 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 2s
GENESIS A Trick Of The Tail VERY GOOD PLUS ORIGINAL 1976 Yellow ATCO G/F LP US $2.96 [0 bids]
55m 13s
GENESIS LIVE "72 LP ~ AUSTRALIAN ONLY Prog Psych ROCK Gabriel Banks Rutherford US $44.88 [0 bids]
57m 39s
PETER GABRIEL PASSION LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST GENESIS DMM PRECISION 2 LP NM US $59.99 [0 bids]
1h
GENESIS AND THEN THERE WERE THREE PHIL COLLINS 1978 SD 19173 GATEFOLD PROG LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
GENESIS Invisible Touch on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS Self Titled on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS Abacab B on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS We Can't Dance on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS ...And Then There Were Three... on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS Duke on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS Self Titled c on Cassette Tape US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS Invisible Touch d on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS Abacab on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS We Can't Dance b on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENESIS Self Titled b on Cassette Tape US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
GENESIS Invisible Touch c on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Turn It on Again: The Hits by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Mar-2007, Atlantic/WEA) US $9.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS TRICK OF THE TAIL EXCEPTIONAL 1978 ATCO REISSUE LP US $2.96 [0 bids]
Live at Knebworth 1990 - New 2 CD Set Paul McCartney Pink Floyd Genesis Elton + US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Delaney & Bonnie - Genesis - '71 Record Club LP - RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Russian Lp SNC Rec. IRON MAIDEN BLACK SABBATH GENESIS WHITESNAKE DEEP PURPLE US $29.90 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Genesis - Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) 1992 Cassette Rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
1970's SOUL R&B CD: THE SOUL CHILDREN - SOUL CHILDREN & GENESIS (1972) RARE US $10.00 [0 bids]
De las Cuevas al Solis MATEO DELFINES MOONLIGHTS GENESIS RARE PSYCH PROG URUGUAY US $120.00 Buy It Now 1h 48m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (Cassette, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Genesis - Invisible Touch Vinyl Record Album US $19.00 Buy It Now 1h 55m
GENESIS Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Invisible Touch by Genesis (U.K. Band) (Cassette, Oct-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.25 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Genesis by Genesis (U.K. Band) (Cassette, Jan-1983, Atco (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Genesis LIVE * Charisma CAS 1666 , stereo US $10.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS - PLATINUM COLLECTION [GENESIS] [CD] [1 DISC] [724386373427] - NEW CD US $29.05 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Peter Gabriel Security So Genesis The Lamb Lies Down Mike Mechanics Cassettes US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
U.K. NIGHT AFTER NIGHT 2012 TOUR CONCERT T SHIRT LARGE MENS yes tull genesis US $9.95 [0 bids]
Genesis ex pink hatter LP Nursery Cryme US $9.75 [0 bids]
TALISMAN genesis JAPAN CD jeff Scott Soto/Axel Rudi Pell/Takara XRCN-1039 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
GENESIS WAY OF THE WORLD 7" 45 RPM SLSF 302 ZG US $1.49 [0 bids]
PHIL COLLINS GROOVY LOVE NO JACKET REQUIRED GENESIS LP+ US $2.77 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Genesis Duke 12" Record LP NM US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Blast Off 38 Special Genesis Van Halen Kansas John Cougar 12" Record LP VG+ US $14.98 Buy It Now 2h 34m
CD GENESIS The Way We Walk Vol 2 (II) MINT US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Steve Hackett CD Guitar Noir mint Brian May Genesis Queen rare 13 tracks US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Genesis" 12" LP Vinyl Record - Original Print US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Abacab" 12" LP Vinyl Record - Original Raised Print Artwork US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pop Rock Vinyl PHIL COLLINS "Buster" 12" LP Soundtrack Vinyl Record - GENESIS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Invisible Touch (Single)" 12" LP Vinyl Record, Collin US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "And Then There Were Three"" 12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Land Of Confusion (Single)" 12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Mama" 12" LP Vinyl Record Single US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Duke"12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Spot The Pigeon"12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pop Rock Vinyl PHIL COLLINS "Hello, I Must Be Going" 12" LP Vinyl Record-GENESIS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - Three Sides Live Definitive Edition Remaster 2CDs SEALED Atlantic US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h
Genesis picture sleeve w/promo record (NEW LOWER PRICE) US $2.95 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Album record vinyl lot. Billy Joel Piano man, molly hatchet, genesis, outlaws. US $14.00 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Connect with Yoga for Life (CD, Genesis Entertainment) US $2.95 Buy It Now 3h 19m
CD GENESIS Invisible Touch ORIGINAL PRESSING JAPAN MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
GENESIS - SECONDS OUT 2 LP SET - LIVE - UK PROG ROCK - VINYL RECORD US $13.43 Buy It Now 3h 38m
We Can't Dance, Genesis, Very Good US $3.50 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Turn It On Again: The Hits, Genesis, Very Good US $3.50 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Genesis-Duke (CD 1980) Phil Collins~Mike Rutherford~Misunderstanding US $5.00 [8 bids]
GENESIS - RARE!!! 1983 NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE TAPE - VERTIGO US $11.63 Buy It Now 4h 7m
We Can't Dance - Genesis CD 1991 US $1.50 [0 bids]
GENESIS - Turn It on Again US $5.50 [0 bids]
GENESIS Three Sides Live SD 2-2000 2LP Vinyl Record NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 49m
16 Cassettes Box- Jean-Luc Ponty,Supertramp, Bob Seger System,Genesis,Roxy Music US $40.99 [0 bids]
16 Cassettes Box - Genesis,Bruce Hornsby,Andy Summers,Bryan Ferry,Robin Trower US $39.99 [0 bids]
Genesis And Then There Were Three Canadian vinyl LP album record KSD19173 US $38.19 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Genesis The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) POR US $45.38 Buy It Now 5h 11m
GENESIS - Turn It on Again US $5.50 Buy It Now 5h 11m
GENESIS - A TRICK OF THE TAIL - CASSETTE - 1976 - ATLANTIC - FREE SHIPPING US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Genesis Live Over Europe 2007 SEALED 2007 USA 2CD Phil Collins King Crimson Prog US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 12m
King Crimson Absent Lovers Live in Montreal 1984 SEALED '98 2CD Genesis Marillon US $21.95 Buy It Now 5h 12m
3 x 3 EP Genesis UK 7" vinyl picture disc single GEN1 CHARISMA 1982 US $27.63 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Genesis The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway GER 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) US $65.66 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Genesis We Can't Dance - EX UK 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) GENLP3 VIRGIN US $74.11 Buy It Now 5h 21m
GTR - "Self Titled" LP 1986 1st US PROMO + 12" SINGLE w/DISCOG. (Yes / Genesis) US $25.88 Buy It Now 5h 31m
GENESIS Live LP Vinyl JAPAN CHARISMA RJ-5132 - PROMO WHITE LABEL US $69.99 Buy It Now 6h 2m
Steve Hackett - Cured 1981 vinyl USA LP EX+/EX Genesis US $6.50 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Genesis, Turn it on Again, The Hits US $4.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - "Jesus He Knows Me" CD Single Mix + 2 Tracks - 1992 ORIG UK - DIGIPAK US $19.88 Buy It Now 6h 3m
GENESIS Trespass LP Vinyl GF ABC Original no barcode NM Peter Gabriel US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
GENESIS Live LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG++ Charisma US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
GENESIS - THE ITALIAN JOB - 3 CD US $82.99 Buy It Now 7h
GENESIS ABACAB / ANOTHER RECORD VINYL 7" SINGLE US $2.28 Buy It Now 7h 4m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Never a Time ratings distribution

GENESIS Never a Time reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars I bought this CD single (or CD EP?) in mid 1994, after buying in 1992 and in 1993 the "The Way We Walk" CDs (Vols. 1 & 2, respectively) and two months before buying the "The Way We Walk - In Concert" Laser Disc of the same tour. At that time, I wanted to complete the songs of the set list that Genesis played on that tour but were not released in those two live CDs from the "We Can`t Dance" tour (but were included in the Laser disc: "Dreaming While Your Sleep" and "Turn It On Again"), and this release was the "Marketing Trick" that completed the set list. Maybe Genesis and their label knew that some Fans like me wanted to have ALL the songs that they played on that tour released on official CDS (years later I knew thanks to the Web that they also played "Carpet Crawlers" once or twice during that tour, so the only way to have this song in my collection was to buy bootlegs, a thing I never did).

So, I think that this CD was released to really promote three albums at the same time, releasing another song from the "We Can`t Dance" as a single ("Never a Time") and two previously unreleased live tracks from the "We Can`t Dance" tour ("Driving While You Sleep" and "Turn It On Again") which were not released in the "The Way We Walk" live CDs, PLUS a previously unreleased on CD Full Live Version of "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight", recorded live during the "Invisible Touch" tour in 1987.

I think that the song "Never a Time" was a good choice for a single then, being another Rock Pop ballad, but with some quality. In fact, it is one of my favourite songs from the "We Can`t Dance" album, with good vocals by Collins and good lyrics too.

The live version of "Driving While You Sleep" is very similar to the studio version, being a good live version which maybe is the same version which was released in the "The Way We Way- In Concert" Laser Disc. It is really hard to listen to differences between both live versions. I know that in the "Archives 1976-92" Box Set there is another live version of this song, but as I still don`t have this Box Set, I can`t say if it is the same live version which was released in this "Never a Time" CD single.

The live version of "Turn It On Again" is somewhat different to the live version which was released in the "Three Sides Live" album in 1982. First, the sound of the piano is different, with a more "digitally updated" sound. Also Collins`vocals sound different due to the passing of time. It is also hard to say how different is this live version from the live version which was released in the Laser Disc. They sound very similar, but the main difference is that Collins, during that song in the Laser disc version, introduced all the members of the band by the middle of the song. The live version released in this CD maybe was edited, because the presentation of the members of the band is not included.

In 1989 I recorded from the Radio in a cassette excerpts from a a concert recorded during the "Invisible Touch" Tour ( in October 1986 at the Forum, in Los Angeles, as I read years later on the Web). Being this 1986 live version of "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" very good, I wanted to have an official live recording of the Full Version recorded during that tour released on CD. So, another "hook" to buy this CD was this 1987 live version. The live version released in the Vol. 1 of the "The Way We Walk" CD is shorter and played in a lower tone to help Collins sing this song. Maybe the real reason to release this live version recorded in 1987 was to "explain in sound" why Genesis played the song in a lower tone and in a shorter lenght in their 1992 tour: Collins couldn`t reach anymore the very high notes which this song has in several parts. This 1987 version is not as good as the live version which I have from The Forum, because Collins, while singing without problems all the verses of the song in 1986, by the end of the tour, in mid 1987, he couldn`t reach the high notes (maybe by that time his voice was tired, because the "Invisible Touch" tour had many concert dates). This live version sounds very similar to the live version which was released in the "Invisible Touch Tour" video (filmed at Wembley Stadium in July 1987), so maybe it is the same version. Chester Thompson shines playing very good drums in this song, but his playing is also better in the version which was recorded at The Forum.

This "Never a Time" CD single was released in different versions in several countries. The U.S. version, which I also saw in the record shop didn`t have the Full Live Version of "Tonight...". So I bought the version which I review here, with my CD copy saying "Made in Holland" in the Disc`s label.

This CD is mainly for Collectors. It is a good CD, but not essential for the Fans who don`t like the music that Genesis composed as a Trio.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#98444) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 12, 2006

2 stars A friend of mine loaned me this and I managed to listen to it 3 times through so I could give a legitimate review. This release contains about 25 minutes of music, both studio and live. All is from the 80-90's poppier Genesis trio. "Never a Time" is the first track here and it is a typical Phi ... (read more)

Report this review (#280841) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, May 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Never a Time"