Pollen Jacques Tom Rivest  - Jacques Tom Rivest   album cover

Buy POLLEN Music
from partners
Studio Album, released in 1979

1. Dimanche (2:21)
2. La Langue De Son Pays (4:23)
3. Voyage Au Tibet (7:30)
4. Clown d' Un Soir (3:34)
5. Messager Du Temps (3:11)
6. Toujours Plus Haut (3:51)
7. La Nuit (4:41)
8. Trouver Ma libertÚ (4:10)
9. Laisse Toi Donc Aller (3:07)

Bonus track on ProgQuebec release MPM16
10. Prendre Son Temps (3:33)

Search POLLEN Jacques Tom Rivest - Jacques Tom Rivest lyrics

- Serge Courchesne / drums, percussions and winds
- Daniel Mathieu / bass

ProgQuebec release MPM16

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

POLLEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy POLLEN Jacques Tom Rivest - Jacques Tom Rivest Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
WEA/Fueled by Ramen 2012
Peach TreePeach Tree
Grass Records 1997
Ais 2005
Grass Records (Dead) 1995
Grass Records (Dead) 1994
Peach Tree by PollenPeach Tree by Pollen
Grass Records
Bluette by Pollen (1994-05-26)Bluette by Pollen (1994-05-26)
Grass Records (Dead)

More places to buy POLLEN music online Buy POLLEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

POLLEN Jacques Tom Rivest - Jacques Tom Rivest ratings distribution

POLLEN Jacques Tom Rivest - Jacques Tom Rivest reviews

Review by Sean Trane
3 stars For some reason, Pollen never managed to release a second album, but the story goes that some songs were already written for it. These tracks eventually found a release through Rivest's first solo album (there is second in the early 80's) and it is very worthy of Pollen fans. Clearly the tracks on this album are reminiscent of the group, even if they have been arranged by Rivest for his own use. But I would not call this album a normal Chanson Franšaise album with its cast iof guest and session musicians. The musos playing for Rivest act much more as group than just merely accompanying him in a showcase for the singer.

Don't get me wrong, as the album's ugly sleeve indicates, Rivest is the star of the album, but tat cover is also a bit misleading: the Dimanche single artwork sleeve (printed in the ProgQuebec reissue) was much nicer and reflected better the general trippy feeling of the record's A-side. The first side is definitely the better one with some thoughtful songwriting (the poignant Langue De Son Pays) and an invitation to triply rendezvous (the almost 8-min Voyage Au Tibet with its Buddhist music in intro and outro).

The second side is a bit less interesting but is also wider in spectrum with some cool lead guitar on the outro of Messager Du Temps. The ProgQuebec re-issue comes with the B-side of the afore-mentioned track as a bonus and if not warned, you'd never guess it was a non-album track before as it blends with the album beautifully.

Although not quite as good as pollen's album, this solo album is definitely worth a spin for all those Pollen fans even if it is not essential and it will not cure your ache for a second album from the quartet.

Review by Todd
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano!
4 stars What a wonderful surprise!

I love Pollen's album, so why did I wait so long before trying this one? I don't have a good answer--I'll have to chalk it up to the cover!

Tom Rivest, the vocalist/guitarist/main songwriter for Pollen, released this album a few years after the Pollen album was released. I think many of the elements of Pollen which I love--wonderful melody, thick textures, interesting harmonies--are present on this album, in a stripped down form. This album to my ears brings much of what I love about Pollen, but is more subtle and accessible. The flashy instrumentation, more complex arrangements, and complex time signatures are also downplayed. In fact in many respects this album reminds me of some of the other solo type projects that I love (Pierpaolo Bibbo, Enzo Capuano, and Anthony Phillips come immediately to mind).

Some of the highlights are La Langue De Son Pays, Voyage Au Tibet, and Messager Du Temps. If you love Pollen (or any of the artists I mentioned above), don't hesitate to give this album a try. I think you'll agree that it brings many many rewards.

4 stars Wow!! Where'd this album come from? I dug out my Pollen cd the other day that I have had for years. For some reason, I never gave it the chance it deserved. It sounded great. Especially the accoustical ballads by Jacques Tom Rivest. Then I came here and saw that he had a solo album. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1166902) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, April 29, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of POLLEN "Jacques Tom Rivest - Jacques Tom Rivest "