EARLY DAYS: THE BEST OF LED ZEPPELIN VOLUME ONE

Led Zeppelin Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume One album cover

rock music collection

Buy LED ZEPPELIN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1999

1. Good Times, Bad Times (2:48)
2. Babe, I'm Gonna Leave (6:28)
3. Dazed And Confused (6:27)
4. Communication Breakdown (2:29)
5. Whole Lotta Love (5:34)
6. What is and What Should Never Be (4:44)
7. Immigrant Song (2:25)
8. Since I've Been Loving you (7:24)
9. Black Dog (4:54)
10. Rock and Roll (3:41)
11. The Battle Of Evermore (5:52)
12. When The Levee Breaks (7:08)
13. Stairway To Heaven (8:02)

Total time: 68:09

- John Paul Jones / bass guitar, keyboards, mandolin
- john Bonham / drums and percussion
- Sandy Denny / vocals on 11

Atlantic Records.

Thanks to tuxon for the addition

LED ZEPPELIN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LED ZEPPELIN Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume One Music

Led Zeppelin IV (Deluxe CD Edition)Led Zeppelin IV (Deluxe CD Edition)
Remastered
Atlantic 2014
Houses Of The Holy (Deluxe CD Edition)Houses Of The Holy (Deluxe CD Edition)
Remastered
Atlantic 2014
Led Zeppelin I (Deluxe CD Edition)Led Zeppelin I (Deluxe CD Edition)
Atlantic 2014
Led Zeppelin II (Deluxe CD Edition)Led Zeppelin II (Deluxe CD Edition)
Atlantic 2014
Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe CD Edition)Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe CD Edition)
Physical GraffitiPhysical Graffiti
Swan Song 1994
MothershipMothership
Atlantic 2007
Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak)Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak)
Atlantic 2012
PresencePresence
Atlantic 1994
BBC SessionsBBC Sessions
Atlantic 1997
Led Zeppelin - IV - Picture CD, polish press US $14.00 Buy It Now 31m 40s
Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day (Blu-Ray/2cd) Bluray Digi Packaging New Sealed US $16.49 Buy It Now 31m 45s
Led Zeppelin Detroyer III Entire Show US $129.99 [0 bids]
31m 54s
Led Zeppelin Presence 1976 Swan Song VG Jimmy Page Atlantic Records SS8416 US $13.99 [0 bids]
38m 37s
Led Zeppelin - Where The Zeppelin Roam RARE Import 2CD Set Buffalo July 15, 1973 US $59.99 [0 bids]
43m 51s
Led Zeppelin I 3lp Deluxe Edition Remastered Vinyl new US $59.99 Buy It Now 47m 6s
LED ZEPPELIN MISSING SIDES LIMITED EDITION BOX #89 OF 300 10 TAPES ISRAEL ONLY US $637.50 Buy It Now 48m 19s
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song [New] US $8.96 Buy It Now 1h
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II 8-Track Cartridge 1969 M 88236 US $4.75 [8 bids]
Led Zeppelin-Presence (CD 1987)Swan Song ?- SS 8416-2 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Led Zeppelin III 1970 Gatefold Sleeve with wheel US $8.06 [4 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN I Mini LP CD With OBI US $16.95 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti vinyl double LP 1975 Atlantic Swan Song Ex cond US $12.50 [12 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN - THE FINAL REHEARSAL 2007 - 2 LP US $79.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin Presence Gatefold Sleeve Swan Song US $3.81 [2 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN NO QUARTER 5 CD BOX SET TARANTURA NEW and SEALED Yes Who Genesis US $439.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 3 Led Zeppelin Rock N Roll Music Cds II, III and IV US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
New The Mothership Led Zeppelin Poster US $10.34 Buy It Now 1h 14m
New The Mothership Led Zeppelin Poster US $20.28 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Led Zeppelin Physical Grafitti Cutout Sleeve Swan Song US $9.06 [4 bids]
Lot of 5 classic rock Reel to Reel Tapes Led Zeppelin II Sabbath Paranoid MORE US $49.00 [6 bids]
ZOSO Led Zeppelin 1971 Atlantic SD7208 Pecko Duck US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
led zeppelin one more for the road msg 1970 US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
LED ZEPPELIN S/T Joker International #SM 3721 Italian (Rare+Out of Print) MINT US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Led Zeppelin-The Girl I Love-1997 U.S. Promo cd-Mint-Clear disc-Cool! US $39.99 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN IV ZOSO LP US PRESSING SD 7208 CLUB EDITION NM US $24.99 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN II LP VINYL RECORD US PRESSING SD 19127 CLUB EDITION REMASTERED NM US $29.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin,The Song Remains The Same, Swan song 2SS 201, SS2-201 1198, VG+ US $19.95 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN 1988 Winterland Prodictions - Made in USA - T-SHIRT US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
ARMS Ronnie Lane Appeal 1983 Small Faces Led Zeppelin Rolling Stones US SHIRT US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
LP LED ZEPPELIN II, EU, MINT- US $13.26 [6 bids]
Led Zeppelin, In Through The Out Door, Swan Song SS 16002 Org. 1979 release NM- US $19.95 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN - RARE FIRST ALBUM, "ATLANTIC", NEAR MINT US $19.02 [12 bids]
Mothership - Led Zeppelin 2 CD & DVD Set Sealed ! New ! US $19.88 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Led Zeppelin - Coda [CD New] US $5.26 Buy It Now 1h 50m
LED ZEPPELIN CD X 2 - PHYSICAL GRAFFITI - NEAR MINT US $16.55 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day [CD New] US $22.98 Buy It Now 1h 50m
LED ZEPPELIN - BOXED SET 2 - Mega-Rare 2CD Box Set - New & Sealed US $182.26 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Coverdale Page CD Jimmy Page & David Coverdale Post Led Zeppelin US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 54m
PAGE + PLANT world tour 1995 RARE tour programme 28 pages B/N Led Zeppelin US $11.52 Buy It Now 1h 57m
45 ROCK Led Zeppelin/D'yer ma'ker/The crunge/Atlantic/Canada/VG+ HEAR US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
LED ZEPPELIN - III (1970 Vinyl LP) SD-19128 pinwheel US $45.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Led Zeppelin I 1841 Broadway 1968 Original Press, VG++, ULTRASONIC US $76.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
LED ZEPPELIN - IV ; Rare Japanese Ltd SHM-CD - New & Sealed / Stairway To Heaven US $182.26 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Lot of 4 Led Zeppelin LP's. II, III, IV and Physical Graffiti US $36.00 [3 bids]
Led Zeppelin Iii - Zeppelin Led New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $24.17 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Led Zeppelin, Song Remains the Same vinyl mint LPs 1976 US $39.95 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Led Zeppelin In Through Out Door, Rare Cover Mint LP w/ outer sleeve US $59.95 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Led Zeppelin I Self Titled Vinyl LP 1969 SD 19126 US $44.95 Buy It Now 2h 17m
ROCKABYE BABY! Lullabye Renditions of LED ZEPPELIN Audio CD - FREE SHIPPING USA US $7.00 [1 bids]
Led Zeppelin Immigrant Song SEALED 7" vinyl 45 rpm Sinlge Japan Import Plant LP US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Led Zeppelin Song Remains the Same Box Set SEALED 4x LP 12" vinyl booklet photo US $76.00 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Robert Plant Pictures at Eleven 12" vinyl LP & Little by " EP rock Led Zeppelin US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Led Zeppelin II & Led Zeppelin IV Records Atlantic US $6.00 [1 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN 2 CD LOT from LZ The Boxset DISCS 3 & 4, no cases US $3.99 [0 bids]
Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 1 (CD) US $5.59 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Led Zeppelin BOOTLEG "Stairway to Moon" Vinyl Record Great Condition RARE US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
LED ZEPPELIN - Led Zeppelin III - 1970 - CD - A2-19128 - 0 7567 81527 2 6 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin III, Gatefold LP, Korea LP Record 12" 33 RPM Rock US $5.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe CD Edition) : NEW SEALED US $15.95 Buy It Now 2h 44m
LED ZEPPELIN QUEEN double cassette tape album REMASTERS US $18.21 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy (Gatefold LP), Korea LP Record (VG/NM) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - NM WAX Deepest Purple The Very Best LP #PRK3486 Led Zeppelin Who US $14.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin Remasters 1990 Australia 2 CD set US $6.75 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Led Zeppelin CODA cassette Swan Song 1982 Jimmy Page Plant Wearing And Tearing US $0.99 [0 bids]
#83 Lot 4 CDs-Led Zeppelin II-Blue Oyster Cult Best-AC/DC Black Ice-Airbourne US $12.95 Buy It Now 3h
LED ZEPPELIN 4 CD Hebrew ISRAEL SPECIAL PROMO-MEGA RARE US $9.99 [1 bids]
Led Zeppelin IV [Remaster] by Led Zeppelin (CD, Jul-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD Led Zeppelin Boxed Set Disc I US $1.04 [2 bids]
Led Zeppelin-Thunder Downunder: 7 CD Set - Equinox US $175.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Led Zeppelin Mothership 4xLP Box Set sealed 180 gm vinyl Greatest Hits US $69.98 Buy It Now 3h 23m
LED ZEPPELIN - Presence, ORIGINAL 1976 LP / inner..... DECENT COPY US $6.61 [1 bids]
Mothership - Led Zeppelin 2 CD Set Remaster Very Best US $8.47 Buy It Now 3h 24m
LED ZEPPELIN I / VG CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN II / VG CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin 2x LP Lyceum London 1969 German Grant Musik press NEAR MINT US $34.80 [2 bids]
Led Zeppelin Live - Studio Daze Remastered US $100.00 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN III / VG CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN ALBUM 1969 US $1.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin LP Count me out when its hot Limited edition numbered 200 copies US $170.68 [18 bids]
Detective by Detective (CD, Mar-2010, Rock Candy) Led Zeppelin Yes 70s Hard Rock US $10.15 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin 10" LP The making of friends rehearsels 1987 press NEAR MINT US $33.12 [1 bids]
Led Zeppelin 3 III (2 CD's) [Deluxe Edition] [6/3] (CD, Jun-2014, Atlantic) NEW US $18.98 Buy It Now 3h 37m
LED ZEPPELIN Self Titled CD Remastered US $3.25 [6 bids]
ROBERT PLANT LP SHAKEN N STIRRED MINT VINYL LED ZEPPELIN US $16.55 Buy It Now 3h 39m
LED ZEPPELIN EARLY DAYS CD GOLD DISC LP FREE P+P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 40m
LED ZEPPELIN HOUSE CD GOLD DISC RECORD DISPLAY FREE P&P US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 40m
LED ZEPPELIN LATTER DAYS CD GOLD DISC LP FREE P+P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Led Zeppelin 2x LP Detroit Cobo Hall 73 Ltd ed numbered 500 copies US $256.84 [8 bids]
Led Zeppelin Three Disc Boxless box Set - Missing one case US $5.00 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin 3x LP Bonzos last ever gig Berlin 80 NEAR MINT Amazing stork record US $111.02 [7 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN LATTER DAYS The Best Of Led Zeppelin Volume 2 *BRAND NEW* CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin -"Coda" Japan mini lp cd US $19.00 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin I & II CDs Remastered 1994 by Jimmy Page, (Robert Plant Vocals) US $12.97 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Led Zeppelin Collection - The Complete Tapes (1970/71 - Vol 2) 3 CDs US $10.00 [0 bids]
4h
LED ZEPPELIN III CD PLATINUM DISC LP FREE P+P! US $165.69 Buy It Now 4h 9m
LED ZEPPELIN IV CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Led Zeppelin [Box set] by Led Zeppelin US $28.00 [0 bids]
COVERDALE PAGE self-titled CD * Led Zeppelin * Whitesnake * OUTSTANDING!!! * s/t US $0.99 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN - HIGH QUALITY 1969 VINTAGE CONCERT POSTER - LOOKS AWESOME FRAMED US $15.55 Buy It Now 4h 19m

More places to buy LED ZEPPELIN music online Buy LED ZEPPELIN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LED ZEPPELIN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LED ZEPPELIN Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume One ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

LED ZEPPELIN Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume One reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars For the young generation who really want to explore the roots of classic rock music, this compilation serves the purpose of introducing rock music in the 70s. It contains tracks that represent the early days of one of legendary heavy metal bands Led Zeppelin. It starts with first album in 1969 and ends with masterpiece fourth album. Many people reckon that Led Zeppelin IV is the peak of Led Zeppelin in their rock music career even though I disagree with this. As far as "hit" oh yeah . every one knows that "Stairway to Heaven" has been the most favorite song of all time. People don't even bother that this is basically rock music.

The young would see the power of blues-influenced track like "Good Time, Bad Time", "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave" and of course one of the best blues songs "Since I've Been Loving You" to a full-blown heavy metal tunes like "Whole Lotta Love", "Black Dog" and "Rock and Roll". For those who were there in the 70s would see these tracks as so memorable tracks that would last forever. Actually, this compilation has missed one excellent track from second album "The Lemon Song". I don't know why this powerful song which has become my true favorite of all time has never been captured in any "the best of" kind of thing. Do I have weird taste? Well, I don't think so! Lemme tell you . "The Lemon Song" is a song with tight composition which demonstrates how powerful John Paul Jones as bass player - it's like a walking bass, I think. He provides great bass lines throughout this track. Nevermind it's not here, but I would advise all of you to have Led Zeppelin II and come taste this track!

Back to this compilation, once you are okay with this one, I would advise you to purchase each individual album starting from Led Zeppelin II, and then IV, III and I is the latest one to purchase. Keep on rockin' .!

"To admit you don't know is to demonstrate your intelligence."

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#100333) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 25, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars A GOOD OVERVIEW OF PART ONE

The only reason why I can imagine Led Zep releasing such a compilation, is that they were probably targeting the old fan database who had not yet switched their vinyl catalogue into CD or / and introduce new fans to their most glorious era : from their debut album to the untitled one (their fourth one). This is by far the one I prefer. During this period of time, Led Zep will write almost all of their legendary tracks. One might of course argue (rightly IMO) that tracks like "The Battle..." or "The Levee" are featured here and that they do not belong to the best repertoire of Led Zep. But, Mr. Jimmy Page personnaly selected the songs here, so ...

One has also to remember that the wonderful "Remasters" featured most of them and therefore this one must be considered as a second choice compilation. Still several monster tracks are here (six of them) and some great tracks as well (five).

This album can almost not be purchased separatley today. It comes together with its little brother "The Latter Days". In this packaged version, disc one (the early days) features a video of a live performance of "Communication Breakdown". This two CD set can be purchased for approx. 17 US $ (12 ?) but my recommendation is to stick to "Remasters" for the tracklist.

Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#115193) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Review by The Pessimist
4 stars Personally, I think this is fantastic as a compilation. It serves as quite literally, Led Zep's best work, from Good Times Bad Times, to my favourite ever Zep song When The Levee Breaks to the progressive classic Stairway To Heaven, I cannot find anything wrong with this compilation. OK, it has missed out some of their best work, i.e. Moby Dick, but most compilations do that, and so I will give this a 4star rating, for the awesome songs and for the great remastered sound quality. This will et you into Zeppelin for sure.

Send comments to The Pessimist (BETA) | Report this review (#165864) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 06, 2008

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Would you like to spend an hour with some of the best known Led Zep tracks? Then get this!

Lately i have listened to some albums that i had hidden somewhere in my collection, music that i dont really listen that often but when i do it i can enjoy it's content. This morning i took my Early and Latter days albums from Zeppelin and now i am listening to the second one, but to be honest with you, i didn't remember the band was here in PA, that is why i had never reviewed any Led Zep before.

And as usual, reviewing a compillation is much easier than an studio or even a live album, so my apollogies to the readers for starting with this instead with the studio and epic albums.

This compillation is about the early years, that means the 70s mainly the very first albums the band released, and here we can listen to the probably better known tunes of the band, those songs that every rock fan must recognize when te first notes appear, what you will find here are songs like Dazed and Confused, Whole Lotta Love, Immigrant Song, Black Dog or Stairway to heaven among others, all of them are songs immortalized by the band that we can enjoy anytime.

Nice compillation is this, for both the starters and the people who like the band, if you have a party or something when you want to play the know stuff, this is good. But it is always better a studio album.

3 stars, enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#183544) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 25, 2008

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Unless the sound is altered in some big way or major liner notes are offered, compilations such as this one are essentially judged based on what was deemed to be the cream of the crop; in other words, if the songs listed are largely in agreement with what I feel are some of a band's best work, then it's likely to get a good grade. Led Zeppelin pretty much hit the nail on the head with volume one, which contains songs from the first four albums. There's a few I could do without, such as "Since I've Been Loving You," but I suppose a standard blues number is called for. Five of the eight tracks from IV are present, which I suppose says something regarding which album is band's most popular (as if it were a mystery). Essentially, what that says to me is, unless someone is a compulsive completionist, wants the booklet, or is new to Led Zeppelin, the person should bypass this compilation and just grab the fourth album. I was surprised to see "The Battle of Evermore" there instead of "Misty Mountain Hop" or "Going to California," two tracks that still get significant airplay, but I'm not complaining by any means!

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#221589) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Early Days: Volume One' - Led Zeppelin (Compilation)

This is a very good compilation of the band's earlier works (encompassing the first to fourth Zeppelin's work.) However, this compilation really can't be complete without it's companion, the latter days half. On the 'Latter Days' compilation, there are classics like 'Kashmir' and 'The Song Remains The Same' that for chronological reasons cannot be put on here.

Constraints of the compilation aside, this is a pretty good choice of songs for the band up to that point in their career. The only song that could have possibly been left out was the droney 'Dazed and Confused' which although being a popular song could have made way for so many other classics such as 'Heartbreaker' or 'Ramble On.'

Good compilation of early material, but really shines with it's companion.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#227615) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 20, 2009

3 stars Compilation albums serve one purpose: to let record companies cash in on a band's music. But sometimes they also serve as a great introduction to a band you are not familiar with. This compilation does just that. This set is divided into two parts (the "early" and "latter" days) because Led Zeppe ... (read more)

Report this review (#127066) | Posted by Arsillus | Thursday, June 28, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I remember when I first got into Led Zeppelin I first bought their anonymous or "IV" album. I just got amazed by it until today. And then I bought this. Well, it served me as an introduction to their early work, being all of the songs on this compilation are the most known ones and maybe the high ... (read more)

Report this review (#101100) | Posted by Barla | Thursday, November 30, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LED ZEPPELIN "Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume One"