THE GROUP

Buy THE GROUP Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Thai (5:19)
2. Ripple Marks (10:07)
3. Berenice's Hair (5:24)
4. Gado-Gado (6:53)

- Seppo Tyni / guitars
- Vesa Aaltonen / drums

Finnlevy DIGLP 1
Warner 8573-87580-2, 2001

Thanks to Jimbo for the addition

THE GROUP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Thai The Group, 1978

Buy THE GROUP The Group Music

ROSS MUSIC GROUP: SOULFUL C...-ROSS MUSIC GROUP: SOULFUL CHRISTMAS / VARI CD NEW USD $18.93 Buy It Now
Dog Day-Night Group CD NEW USD $15.73 Buy It Now
Patti Smith Group "Because The Night" - U.K. Old Gold 45rpm Springsteen USD $0.99 Buy It Now
NEW YORK CONNECTION Harris Simon Group Made In ENGLAND LP Boogie Jazz 1984 Issue USD $9.50 Buy It Now
FIVE CLASSICS: My Imagination / Come On Baby 45 Vocal Groups USD $35.00 Buy It Now
Neon Group Reo Yokomizo&Neon Group CD USD $33.37 Buy It Now
International Jazz Group - Andre Persiany In New York [CD New] USD $15.56 Buy It Now
KRIPP JOHNSON & GROUP: Willette / Woke Up This Morning 45 (tol) Vocal Groups USD $20.00 Buy It Now
JIMMY & CRESTONES: Angel Maureen / New Girl On My Block 45 Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
TEHACHAPI Sing-Out LP RCA VICTOR 1971 Prison Group USD $4.00 Buy It Now
VITO & ELEGANTS: Belinda / Lazy Love 45 Vocal Groups USD $12.00 Buy It Now
Earlier 40s BEACON lb.78/5 RED CAPS-Vocal Group USD $8.50 [7 bids]
FLAMINGOS: A Kiss From Your Lips / I'll Be Home 45 (re) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Love Is A Four Letter Word (2LP) BY Jason Mraz (Atlantic Group/Rock) [Vinyl] BAM USD $34.36 Buy It Now
PRETENDERS: Close Your Eyes / Part Time Sweetheart 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
DUBS: Connie / Home Under My Hat 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
LEADERS: Stormy Weather / A Lover Of The Time 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
MYSTICS: Teenage Sweetheart / Rockin' Yodel 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
G-CLEFS: Ka-ding-dong / Cause You're Mine 45 (re, red wax) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
ROYALS: I Know I Love You So / Starting From Tonight 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $15.00 Buy It Now
FOUR DEANS: Mr. Echo / So Very Wrong 45 (maroon wax) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
GAYTUNES - PLEA IN THE MOONLIGHT - GROUP HARMONY - ON JOYCE USD $12.95 Buy It Now
PELICANS: White Cliffs Of Dover / Aurelia 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
VELONS: Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart / Hearts Desiree 45 Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
FLAMINGOS: Golden Teardrops / Carried Away 45 (re) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
CHANNELS: My Love Will Never Die / Bye Bye Baby 45 (re) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
MOONGLOWS: Secret Love / Real Gone Mama 45 (re) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Miroslav Vitous Group (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.37 Buy It Now
SKYLINERS: Pennies From Heaven / It Happened Today 45 (re) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
FIVE KEYS: White Cliffs Of Dover / When You're Gone 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
JUMPIN' JACKS: Embraceable You / Pa-pa-ya Baby 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $18.00 Buy It Now
PARAKEETS: Yvonne / My Heart Tells Me 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
DEL-VIKINGS: String Along With Me + 3 45 (re, red wax, dj) Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
MIRACLES / STUDENTS: Bad Girl / I'm So Young 45 (re) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
JOHNNY STATON & FEATHERS: At The Altar / A Girl Like You 45 Vocal Groups USD $5.00 Buy It Now
AVONS: Our Love Will Never End / I'm Sending S.o.s. 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
COBRAS: Sindy / I Will Return 45 (repro, red wax) Vocal Groups USD $15.00 Buy It Now
The Small Groups by Benny Goodman (CD, Dec-1994, ASV/Living Era) USD $5.99 Buy It Now
JAGUARS: Thinking Of You 45 Vocal Groups USD $45.00 Buy It Now
Soliloque Francois Group Theberge CD USD $46.68 Buy It Now
group sounds mushpit CD USD $41.18 Buy It Now
Transcriptions Le Groupe Baroque De Montreal~VG++ Vinyl~Handel~Purcell~FAST SHIP USD $10.16 Buy It Now
DINO & HEARTSPINNERS: That's My Girl / Cry Like I Cried 45 Vocal Groups USD $8.00 Buy It Now
STORYTELLERS: Heaven's For Real / This Is Goodbye 45 Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
In Perpetuity [Hybrid SACD] Haftor Medboe Group Audio CD USD $12.65 Buy It Now
Cabinet of Curiosities Pop Group Audio CD USD $93.12 Buy It Now
Citizen Zombie Pop Group Audio CD USD $89.64 Buy It Now
The You Know Who Group - Roses Are Red My Love 1965 Australia 7" 45 Kapp K-4051 USD $29.78 Buy It Now
Super Group Audio CD USD $23.98 Buy It Now
Confessions of a Pop Group Audio CD USD $104.77 Buy It Now
JESSE BELVIN & GROUP / DOC STARKES & NITE RIDE: Heartless / Apple Cider 45 (re, USD $6.00 Buy It Now
R&B/SOUL FEMALE VOCAL GROUP LOT: Five 45s by THE ORLONS on CAMEO USD $13.99 Buy It Now
OASIS BRITISH ROCK GROUP STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS USD $4.96 Buy It Now
THE BANGLES 80s ROCK GROUP STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 4 USD $4.96 Buy It Now
Best of Spencer Davis Group Spencer Group Davis Audio CD USD $67.16 Buy It Now
(GA107) Xscape, Off The Hook - 1995 CD R'n'B Style Music Early 90's Group USD $4.89 Buy It Now
PETE MARTINI & group R&R 45 WOULD YOU CARE on VG condition ART-FLOW label e8696 USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Super Group - Shonen Knife 692863153223 (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.57 Buy It Now
THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP They Only Come Out Of My Night LP Epic US 1972 VG++ USD $17.99 Buy It Now
DYNETTES 45 New Guy / Witness To A Heartbreak VG++ Northern GIRL GROUP e8768 USD $18.00 Buy It Now
Michael Schenker Group - Heavy Hitters CD 2005 Deadline Music USD $20.18 Buy It Now
Bill Champlin - Burn Down the Night (CD, Turnip The Music Group, US Indie) USD $19.99 Buy It Now
THE BANGLES 80s ROCK GROUP STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 1 USD $4.96 Buy It Now
THE BANGLES 80s ROCK GROUP STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 3 USD $4.96 Buy It Now
TOM ALLEN & SAINTS: Never / Lone, Lonely One 45 Vocal Groups USD $50.00 Buy It Now
BIKINI ATOLL (80'S GROUP) Tribal Radio 7" VINYL B/w Splinter (ego3) Fold Over USD $10.52 Buy It Now
CAROUSELS: Just For Your Love / Goodbye 45 (red wax) Vocal Groups USD $20.00 Buy It Now
THE BANGLES 80s ROCK GROUP STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 5 USD $4.96 Buy It Now
HENRY TORGUE Piano Musique Du Groups Emile Dubois Volume 1 VINYL LP RARE NM/NM USD $71.00 Buy It Now
Pat Metheny Group Pat Metheny Audio CD USD $32.03 Buy It Now
ROSTROPOWITSCH/OP/GROUPE VOCAL D - IOLANTA 2 CD NEW+ USD $18.16 Buy It Now
Barbershop vocal group album~THE HARRINGTON BROS. School Days LP brothers chorus USD $8.99 Buy It Now
MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP / MSG - 1983 Tour Programme with Ticket Stub USD $18.79 Buy It Now
NEW Michael Schenker Group - Live In Tokyo: 30th Anniversary Japan Tour (DVD) USD $15.23 Buy It Now
THE FRANK WILSON GROUP-SELF TITLED-CD-INSCRIBED-DEGRAND USD $7.99 Buy It Now
LITTLE PETE & YOUNGSTERS: You Told Another Lie 45 (repro) Vocal Groups USD $6.00 Buy It Now
La Drivers Union Group - Por Por: Honk Horn Music Of Ghana [CD New] USD $15.05 Buy It Now
The Edgar Winter Group - Someone Take My Heart Away 45 Promo Epic 8-50060 VG+ USD $3.49 Buy It Now
LIONEL HAMPTON-ALL STAR GROUPS & ORCHESTRA - THREE...-IMPORT 2 CD WITH OBI D73 USD $18.50 Buy It Now
The Anti Group - ShT (Mini Album) USD $18.80 [0 bids]
NEW Charge Group-Vinyl Lp USD $89.31 Buy It Now
Andre Persiany In New York - International Jazz Group (2016, CD New) USD $13.82 Buy It Now
THE BANGLES 80s ROCK GROUP STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 2 USD $4.96 Buy It Now
Confessions of a Pop Group Style Council Audio CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Power by Group 1 Crew. USD $16.26 Buy It Now
Where U at & Fun The Supa Group 'US' MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now
GROUPE FOLKLORIQUE MARTINIQUAIS, LOULOU BOISLAVILLE - BIGUINE LP - CELINI USD $16.80 Buy It Now
The Michael Schenker Group ? One Night At Budokan ? Chrysalis ? 1981 ? Import ? USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Koltai-Papp Group Vidam saxofon-Csing-Csing 7" 1963 Hungarian Dance-Jazz USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Ur-Klang Search Dylan Group Audio CD USD $74.52 Buy It Now
Sangue Latino: Classic Brasilian Jazz Funk Groups Audio CD USD $89.73 Buy It Now
Stereolab - Cobra & Phases Group Play Voltage In The... - Gold Stamp Promo CD USD $5.95 Buy It Now
Lloyd And Cecil Sir D's Group Come Over Here-Ba Ba Black Sheep USD $22.22 Buy It Now
BOB MARLEY 15 Track Colection Fox Music new & original packaging San Juan Group USD $11.17 Buy It Now
Girl Groups of the Motorcity Vinyl USD $19.83 Buy It Now
MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP ( MSG ) - ONE NIGHT AT BUDOKAN 2LP JAPAN w/ obi, insert USD $25.50 Buy It Now
CAL RAYE: You're My Lovin' Baby / My Tears Start To Fall 45 Vocal Groups USD $25.00 Buy It Now
The Complete Transatlantic Recordings Ian Campbell Folk Group Audio CD USD $34.68 Buy It Now
VOCAL GROUP promo 45 RICK & THE KEENS: Your Turn to Cry/Tender Years JAMIE 1219 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
CHANTEERS: I Waited / Just A Little Boy 45 (dj) Vocal Groups USD $40.00 Buy It Now

More places to buy THE GROUP music online Buy THE GROUP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE GROUP The Group ratings distribution

THE GROUP The Group reviews

Review by Matti
3 stars This is the only album by The Group, a Finnish jazz-rock/fusion quartet with established members. Bassist-composer Pekka Pohjola (formerly of WIGWAM) and drummer Vesa Aaltonen (TASAVALLAN PRESIDENTTI) had played in MADE IN SWEDEN just before this formation. Keyboardist-composer Olli Ahvenlahti had a history in jazz scene, and the guitarist Seppo Tyni was the youngest of them.

The music is closer to jazz than rock. But it's not so lively in a jazzy way; the longish compositions have a lot of repetitiveness and the melodies are not very good ones. I could almost say it's a bit boring album, as "professional" and well-done as it is. Pekka Pohjola definitely composes better music by himself than together with Ahvenlahti. After two listenings I don't remember much of anything of this music; it didn't touch my feelings really. Not that there were any bad, irritating things, maybe it just was too surpriseless and safe. For example guitar playing is more or less in the same style throughout the album, and on the keyboards there aren't much variety either. Anyway I wish someone here have enjoyed this more than I did and writes a more favourable and detailed review.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars The Group was an obscure finish progressive/jazz rock band from late '70s, but with established musicians in this field. The band released only one album in 1978 self titled and then gone into oblivion under this name, because the musicians involved here minus Olli Ahvenlahti will go to Pekka Pohjola Group. As I said some very solid and skilful musicians here like ex Wigwam, Made In Sweden - Pekka Pohjola who was at the time an already proeminet bass player both under his name or with those bands, drumer Vesa Aaltonen ex-Tasavallan Presidentti another great band from Finland from early 70, guitarist Seppo Tyni from prog/psych Elonkorjuu and keybordist Olli Ahvenlahti from Uni Sono and solo aswell, so in the end a super group. The music featured here, I can't say is groundbreaking but is pleasent, well made. The jazz elements are well combned with the progressive ones, it sounds like a cross between Return To Forever and solo work of Pohjola, even his tradmark elements are not so present here, this is a group efford indeed as the name of the band suggested. The shorter pieces are the most intresting here with maybe Annapurna the longest one, because Ripple marks has some good but in same time some boring moments aswell, the piece to much time going nowhere in musical terms. All in all a decent album, nothing over the top, but fans of the genre might take some spins. 3 stars, maybe in places 3.5.

4 stars The finish music scene was a melting pot of highly talented musicians that performed in each other bands of were member of many of the bands that made an impact in the music scene during the 70's The group was no exception, members from Uni Sono, Wigwam, TP, Made in Sweden. Jazz rock and Fus ... (read more)

Report this review (#1619530) | Posted by begnagrad | Friday, October 7, 2016 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I have always perceived this album as another one by Pekka Pohjola, the legendary Finnish musician. The reality is that it is indeed a group effort by some of Finland's finest of that era. Sure, Pohjola contributes, but not in a dominant way. The album is a somewhat lighter approach than what ... (read more)

Report this review (#1201513) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Tuesday, July 1, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE GROUP "The Group"