SONG OF TIMES

1. Red Season (5:28)
2. Babylon (9:24)
3. Song of Times (6:04)
4. Islands (4:59)
5. Faces of Change (4:56)
6. Love Is The Only Place (4:27)
7. Master Machine (4:24)
8. All For The Thunder (6:06)
9. Children Believe (6:21)

Search STARCASTLE Song Of Times lyrics

Search STARCASTLE Song Of Times tabs

- Gary Strater / electric & acoustic bass and bass pedals (all except 3), background vocals (1, 2, 5, 6, 7 & 8), keyboards (3)
- Matt Stewart / Sustainiac/electric sitar/acoustic and electric guitars (all songs), background vocals (1, 6, 7 & 8)
- Bruce Botts / guitar (1, 2, 4, 5, 7 & 9), background vocals (5)
- Steve Tassler / drums (6 & 8) percussion (1, 4 & 5), synthesizers (4), vocals (1, 2, 6 & 8)
- Al Lewis / lead vocals (all except 8), background vocals (all except 8), drums (9) and percussion (all songs except 8), MemoryMoog (9)
- Herb Schildt / keyboards (1, 2, 6, 7 & 8)
- John O'Hara / keyboards (3, 4 & 9)
- Neal Robinson / keyboards (5, 6 & 8)
- Steve Hagler / guitar (6), background vocals (1, 4 & 7)
- Terry Luttrell / lead vocals (8), background vocals (7)
- Mark McGee / guitar (1, 4 & 7)
- Jeff Koehnke / drums (2 & 5)
- Scott McKenzie / drums (1, 4 & 7)

CD Prog Rock Records (2007)

STARCASTLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STARCASTLE Song Of Times Music

Reel To RealReel To Real
RENAISSANCE 2009
Alive in AmericaAlive in America
RENAISSANCE 2006
Citadel (Japanese Papersleeve)Citadel (Japanese Papersleeve)
Air Mail Recordings
Citadel LP (Vinyl Album) UK Epic 1977Citadel LP (Vinyl Album) UK Epic 1977
Epic
Vinyl$15.77 (used)
Could This Be Love - Mono / Could This Be Love - StereoCould This Be Love - Mono / Could This Be Love - Stereo
Epic Records
Vinyl$4.50 (used)
STARCASTLE Real To Reel LP Epic JE-35441 (1975) VG+ original album US $5.79 Buy It Now 4h 55m
STARCASTLE Citadel LP 1977 Epic PE-34935 1A/1D EX+ Progressive Rock REO US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 40m
STARCASTLE FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT RARE OOP JAPAN CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 23h 33m
STARCASTLE CITADEL RARE OOP JAPAN CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 23h 33m
STARCASTLE ST RARE OOP JAPAN CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 23h 33m
STARCASTLE-FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT 1977 EPIC RECORDS LP PE 34375 VG-VG+ PROG ROCK US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Starcastle: Real To Reel LP VG++/NM Canada Epic PE 35441 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
StarCastle - Real To Reel 1978 PROG ROCK LP w/ inner lyric NM vinyl, VG+ cover US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STARCASTLE Real To Reel LP nMINT UK 1st Press A1/B1 1978 Epic US $19.21 Buy It Now 1 day
StarCastle Citadel 1B Sterling 1977 1st Press EXC ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $15.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Starcastle Fountains of Light Compared to the band Yes Over 400 Fair Priced LP's US $3.95 [0 bids]
Starcastle (Lim.Collector's Edit.) - Starcastle New & Sealed Compact Disc Free S US $53.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Starcastle Self-Titled Debut Vinyl LP 1976 Epic Records Progressive Rock US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RICK WAKEMAN Revisited '04 CD PROG (Yes, Keith Emerson, Tony Banks, Starcastle) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Starcastle Fountains of Light Vinyl Record Album 1977 Used US $0.99 [0 bids]
Starcastle- Real to Reel White label USA Promo timing strip and gold stamp US $1.59 [0 bids]
Starcastle When The Sun Shines At Midnight / Half A Mind To Leave 12 Inch Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE [Real To Reel] 78 EX+/EX+/EX US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE JUST THE CASE NO TAPE INSIDE US $1.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE - "CITADEL" RECORD (SHINE ON BRIGHTLY, WINGS OF WHITE, EVENING WIND) US $0.79 [0 bids]
Starcastle sealed original no cuts LP Citadel US $24.99 [0 bids]
STARCASTLE - Real To Reel White Label PROMO US Excellent Vinyl LP! US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE Real To Reel LP 9 Track With Inner Sleeve But Has Small Deletion Hole US $13.46 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE Fountains Of Light LP 6 Track (epc81665) UK Epic 1977 US $16.82 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE Citadel LP 8 Track (sepc82232) UK Epic 1977 US $16.82 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE Citadel LP 8 Tracke (sepc82232) UK Epic 1977 US $12.15 Buy It Now 2 days
STARCASTLE - SHINE ON BRIGHTLY * - NEW CD US $13.66 Buy It Now 3 days
STARCASTLE NEW CD US $9.91 Buy It Now 4 days
STARCASTLE ~ ALBUM ~ 12" VINYL LP ~ 7 GREAT HITS! US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
STARCASTLE ~ CITADEL ~ 12" VINYL LP ~ 8 GREAT HITS! US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Starcastle - Fountains of Light (VG+/NM-) US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
StarCastle Star Castle PE 33914 Vintage Vinyl Record Album LP Lady Of The Lake US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Citadel (Lim.Collector's Edit.) - Starcastle New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Ship US $25.14 Buy It Now 4 days
STARCASTLE Real To Reel LP 9 Track With Inner Sleeve Has Light Wear And Sticker US $8.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Starcastle - Real To Reel - LP Record NM VG US $2.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Starcastle CITADEL Epic PE-34935 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
STARCASTLE REAL TO REEL LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 5 days
STARCASTLE**CITADEL (RM)**CD US $17.95 Buy It Now 5 days
STARCASTLE could this be love / same 45 on EPIC --- prog promo -- US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
STARCASTLE [Citadel] 77 M/M/M w/Archive Xtras Still Sealed US $27.99 Buy It Now 5 days
STARCASTLE 1977 Citadel 12" Vinyl 33 LP EPIC Could This Be Love HARD ROCK VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
STARCASTLE could this be love / mono NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $24.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Starcastle US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Starcastle - Epic Records PE 33914 Vinyl Lp 1976 US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STARCASTLE Fountains of Light vinyl LP NM 1977 US $6.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Starcastle / Half A Mind To Leave Ya 45 rpm Epic Promo Record 1978 Vinyl Jukebox US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
STARCASTLE * 45 * 1977 * Could This Be Love * Ster/Mo DJ Promo USA ORIGINAL EPIC US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
EPIC-35441- STARCASTLE Real To Reel OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
EPIC-33914- STARCASTLE Starcastle OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STARCASTLE FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT PE34375 VINYL LP '77 ORIG PRESS GREAT COND! VG+!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STARCASTLE Fountains Of Light 1977 VINYL LP Epic 34375 PROG w Lyric Inner US $3.00 Buy It Now 6 days
STARCASTLE self titled debut LP Record Prog 1976 Terry Luttrell Lady of the Lake US $9.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Starcastle sealed LP Real to Reel US $9.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Starcastle white label LP fountains of Light US $5.49 Buy It Now 7 days
CD-Starcastle-Real to Reel 70's prog hard rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE-FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP CD Fi83 US $35.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Shine on Brightly Concert Classics 5 - Starcastle (CD, Apr-1999) US $9.88 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE Fountains Of Light LP Record 1977 US $12.50 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE CITADEL INC CANT THINK TWICE AND SHINE ON BRIGHTLY VINYL LP US $19.21 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE DEMONSTRATION/PROMO LP VINYL 1976 EPIC PE33914 US $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE CITADEL JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.00 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.00 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE STARCASTLE (1976) JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.00 Buy It Now 7 days
STARCASTLE diamond song 7" mono/stereo promo (850348) us epic 1977 US $8.40 Buy It Now 7 days
Starcastle - Fountains Of Light - CANDY090CD US $19.39 Buy It Now 7 days
Starcastle by Starcastle (CD, Epic (USA)) US $10.02 Buy It Now 8 days
STAR CASTLE: CITADEL RARE VINYL "PICTURE DISC" LP STARCASTLE RARE US $39.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Starcastle - Starcastle New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $12.68 Buy It Now 8 days
STARCASTLE Fountains of Light RARE Whie Label PROMO ROCK LP EPIC Banded RADIO US $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
STARCASTLE. "CITADEL" PICTURE DISC US $99.99 Buy It Now 8 days
StarCastle - Fountains Of Light 1977 1st press LP Promo Stamp PROG ROCK EX+/VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
STARCASTLE - STARCASTLE CD F/S EK33914 US $9.98 Buy It Now 8 days
STARCASTLE - Real to Reel - LP EPIC Promo DJ - 1978 - Prog Rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
STARCASTLE 8 TRACK TAPE Reel To Reel TESTED nw splice ~ Whatcha Gonna Do US $5.49 Buy It Now 8 days
STARCASTLE LP - Fountains of Light (1977) US $10.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Starcastle Fountains of Light LP 1977 Epic BL-34375 Vinyl Record US $4.74 Buy It Now 9 days
STARCASTLE s/t LP OOP mid-70's prog-rock US $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
STARCASTLE - FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT - NEW CD US $13.18 Buy It Now 9 days
Fountains of Light by Starcastle (CD, Jan-1997, Renaissance Records (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
STARCASTLE-FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT US $12.80 Buy It Now 9 days
STARCASTLE-CITADEL-REMASTERED-24 BIT WITH BOOKLET US $11.20 Buy It Now 9 days
STARCASTLE: Fountains Of Light LP Rock & Pop US $20.00 Buy It Now 10 days
STARCASTLE - FOUNTAINS OF LIGHT NEW CD US $24.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Starcastle - Real To Reel - LP Record NM VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Starcastle - Fountains Of Light [CD New] US $16.19 Buy It Now 10 days
CD Starcastle - Citadel AOR PROG POMP / RENAISSANCE RECORDS 2007 US $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
STARCASTLE: Citadel LP (very slight corner bend) Rock & Pop US $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Starcastle by Starcastle (CD, Epic (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 11 days
STARCASTLE [Selftitled] 76 NM-/NM+/EX US $16.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Starcastle by Starcastle (CD, Jan-2011, Rock Candy) US $15.43 Buy It Now 11 days
Starcastle - self titled [07464339142] Original CD EPIC, EK 33914 / DIDP 077308 US $23.79 Buy It Now 11 days
STARCASTLE "HALF A MIND TO LEAVE YOU" 7" WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 PROG ROCK US $2.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Starcastle [CD New] US $18.39 Buy It Now 12 days
Starcastle [CD New] US $6.96 Buy It Now 12 days
STARCASTLE CITADEL LP YES-LIKE REO US $8.00 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy STARCASTLE music online Buy STARCASTLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STARCASTLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STARCASTLE Song Of Times ratings distribution

STARCASTLE Song Of Times reviews

Review by NJprogfan
3 stars Ah, Starcastle. Is there a more bastardized band around? I think not. When I read that their new album was available for purchase I jumped on it. Now, I'm not this crazy Starcastle ultimate fan, but something inside me told me to buy it post haste. I don't know why and I didn't know what to expect. The only thing I knew was that original bassist Gary Strater had passed away during the making of this album and I remembered how Chris Squire-like his bass playing was. Right off the bat the first thing you hear is Starter's wonderful thump thumping bass. But, unfortunately it only pops up here and there throughout the album. His playing is my favorite parts of the album. Sure, the singing harmonies are back but again they are here and there. What I hear most is a mix between their "Citadel" album and some more modern prog ala prog metal. Don't get me wrong, it's not a shredfest, not even close. But Al Lewis's vocals don't compare to Terry Luttrell's Jon Anderson sounding vocals. Lewis's voice is more rocking, not angelic. There are songs such as "All For The Thunder" where the old vocal harmonies pop up, sounding almost Crosby, Stills and Nash-like, but alas it's one of the few. "Babylon" has the proggiest moment about half way through and boy I wish there were more moments like it. Keyboards and guitars are done by committee, I mean look at the list of people playing instruments! Jeez! The title track is a sweet ballad about Gary Strater but again it's nothing to write home about. All in all, it's a decent comeback, but it won't conjer up memories of their best days back in the mid to late 70's. To me it sounds like an older band trying really hard to sound more modern prog-wise but falling flat. There are some moments that remind me of the good ole days but not many. Some may say that the original band plagarized the sounds of YES. Okay, I'll give you that. But boy oh boy, they did it better than anyone. I'll take old Starcastle anyday over latter day YES. I'll take latter day YES over latter day Starcastle. I do hope they take another stab at it. Keep the multi-harmonies but stay away from the lite- metal. 2.5 stars!

Send comments to NJprogfan (BETA) | Report this review (#110978) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Review by Windhawk
4 stars A prerequisite for being able to enjoy this release, is to be fond of music from the 70's.

Because this album sounds like it was recorded in the late 70's, production as well as utilization of instruments and song structures just have that immense feel of yesteryear.

Musically, this is light prog with heavy spicing of AOR, light guitars, a bass guitar that on some tracks thumps along, simple and effective drumming and synth that is used sparingly and subtle when not used for soloing.

Some vocal harmonies are used, making the group sound somewhat alike to Yes in those tracks, and the vocalist do sound like Jon Anderson - but with balls and hair on his chest.

Personally I found this one intriguing and interesting, although it did take time and concentrated listening getting into this release.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#113082) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 22, 2007

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars Yes, they are back: Starcastle, (in)famous as the ultimate Yes clone in this Progrock Galaxy! So what about those Jon Anderson-like vocals, the Rickenbacker bass guitar sound mighty close to Chris Squire, the flashy Minimoog runs in the vein of Rick Wakeman and those vocal harmonies with strong echoes from ... Yes?

Well, from the very first second these elements are still present in the sound of the reborn Starcastle. But new Starcastle also sounds more polished featuring pleasant work on keyboards and guitar, especially the howling guitar runs delighted me. Although the focus is on the guitar work, the keyboards sound tasteful like in Red Season and Babylon (fluent synthesizer flights), the titletrack (wonderful dreamy climate with soaring keyboards) and Children Believe (lush organ sound).

This new Starcastle sounds very professional but I wonder how many progheads are pleased with the very polished 'progressive pop' on this album. I have to choose between 3 stars (good) and 2 stars (fans only), I go for 2,5 stars, where should I click on is my almost rethorical question?

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#116588) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Strange destiny for this band. They were performing "Yes" music in 1976, almost disbanded in 1979, reformed in 2001 thanks to their bass player Gary Strater. Their "clone" image was also glued to them thanks to their music of course but above all due the similarities on the lead vocals (although only to be noticed on the the low tone notes) of Terry Luttrell.

Gary (RIP) died in September 2004 but had finished all his parts for this album, so I guess that it can be considered as a tribute to his memory. Each original member is featured on this album, but bizarrely, Terry Luttrell ("the voice" on their seventies albums) is only holding the lead vocals on one track ("All For The Thunder"). I really wonder why. Or maybe that "Starcastle" was willing to sound a bit less "Yes" ? Because, Al Lewis is far to get this special tone of voice.

Anyway, the outstanding sound of the bass is still here; and that's the best we'll get from this album. Because in terms of compositions, I'm afraid that we aren't going to break any record. Unfortunately. "Love Is The Only Place" is the best example. A sub-par Crosby, Stills & Nash song. Poor to say the least. And a song like "Master Machine" is as difficult to digest.

Most of the songs are quite boring. The opener, trying to sound as "Parallels" is particularly annoying. "Babylon" has only a short great keys break, but for most of it it is pretty unbearable. At times it turns out melodic ("Song Of Times", "Faces Of Change").

We'll get the &Y&I-like one with "Islands" and a bombastic but average "All For The Thunder". Still, my fave here : good rhythm and nice guitar breaks. Vocals as we know them thanks to Terry. Again, great bass playing, but even Chris Squire will mention how much he liked it : so there is no wonder if even the master say so. The closing number hesitates with nice vocal harmonies (the best part) and heavy sounds (best to be avoided).

I really wouldn't recommend this work. Stick to "Fountains" or to their "Chronos I" compilation. Two stars for this one.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#134054) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars The first experience with Starcastle happened when they released their debut in 1977. Once I realised their clone of Yes, I never played the CD anymore and never paid attention to the later development of the band until couple of days ago when I accidentally spun this 'Song of Times' album and struck by its opening track 'Red Season' (5:28) which is not bad at all. In fact, I was impressed especially having known that the new Yes album 'Fly From Here' sounds to mellow for me. And then I started to compare: How come this track is much better than any of songs in 'Fly From Here' album? How come the clone is better than the original? I was so curius and started to enjoy this album in its entirety.

I have to admit that 'Song of Times' by Starcastle is better than Yes 'Fly From Here' and Yes 'Open Your Eyes'. musically. Yes, Starcastle music is totally emulating the style of Yes. But it's now OK for me to enjoy this album as I find that the new Yes album is not that so excellent - may be just good in itself. But when it's compared with other prog albums, I do not put 'Fly From Here' in the top list at all. In this 'Song of Times' album you can hear the 'almost' exact voice of Jon Anderson as first predictor of Starcastle music's similarity with Yes. The second thing you would find is the bassplaying of Rickenbaker that sounds very similar with Chris Squire. The rest is actually not quite the same. Well, you might say keyboard work is similar even though still far from what Rick Wakeman can do.

Overall, this is a good album. You can listen to tracks like 'Babylon' (9:24), 'Song of Times' (6:04) that are no bad at all. In fact in 'Master Machine' (4:24) you can find the opening choirs that explore Anderson-like voices. If you never knew a band called YES before listening to this album by Starcastle, I am sure you would rate this album as a good one. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#528163) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 stars Just a YES clone ? This US band was back in the seventies a good YES inspired band and one of the leaders of the US prog rock scene. They released some good albums back then. I have a live album with Starcastle which is very good. So I had some hopes for this album. The opening track kill ... (read more)

Report this review (#188151) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, November 06, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars As a Starcastle fan, news of a new album after so many years gave me great expectations. Now, after having listened to the new album Song Of Times for a couple of weeks I must say that I'm a little bit disappointed. Sure, the band was never the most original (often accused to be Yes-clones), but ... (read more)

Report this review (#133648) | Posted by bigredmachine | Saturday, August 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars When I saw the new Starcastle was available I jump on it (30 years before they produce new music).But it is not a masterpiece that's for sure (it would be great if it was a new band with their debut album).I'm a bit desapointed,the music is good but it could be a lot better.First of all I prefer ... (read more)

Report this review (#112216) | Posted by pots | Thursday, February 15, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I have had this CD for a little while and probably played it about ten times, so I have given myself ample time to digest it, the one thing that comes to mind is it is a little bland. Apart from the second song Babylon that has a fantastic middle section I couldn`t find much to sink my progre ... (read more)

Report this review (#110979) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STARCASTLE "Song Of Times"