THE BEST OF THE DOORS

rock music collection

Buy THE DOORS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1985

Disc: 1
1. Break On Through (2.25)
2. Light My Fire (7.05)
3. The Crystal Ship (2.31)
4. People Are Strange (2.09)
5. Strange Days (3.06)
6. Love Me Two Times (3.13)
7. Alabama Song (3.16)
8. Five To One (4.25)
9. Waiting For The Sun (3.57)
10. Spanish Caravan (2.57)
11. When The Music's Over (10.55)

Disc: 2
1. Hello, I Love You (2.14)
2. Roadhouse Blues (4.02)
3. L.A. Woman (7.48)
4. Riders On The Storm (7.14)
5. Touch Me (3.10)
6. Love Her Madly (3.17)
7. The Unknown Soldier (3.22)
8. The End (11.41)

Search THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors lyrics

Search THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors tabs

Jim Morrison /Vocals
Ray Manzarek / Organ, vocals and keyboards
John Densmore / Drums
Robby Krieger / Guitar

CD Elektra/WEA International Inc. 960345-2

Thanks to erik neuteboom for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
DoorsDoors
Strange DaysStrange Days
Waiting for the SunWaiting for the Sun
Rhino 2007
Ripp Off No. 1 8 Track Compolation McCartney Lennon Doors Cat Stevens US $7.99 [0 bids]
39m 10s
Original 1983 DOORS Alive, She Cried LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" 96-0269-1 US $7.70 Buy It Now 43m 19s
The Doors Self Titled LP Record Album US $30.00 Buy It Now 52m 5s
THE DOORS - THEIR DEBUT LP-FEATURING THE 6:50 MINUTE LONG "LIGHT MY FIRE"-1967" US $20.00 [0 bids]
1h
1969 45 THE DOORS Wishful Sinful/ Who Scared You VG++ US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
3 Doors Down - Time of My Life (2011) SIGNED/AUTOGRAPHED CD US $40.96 Buy It Now 1h 5m
DOORS ABSOLUTELY LIVE ORIGINAL US 1ST PRESS ELEKTRA 2LP LIVE US $54.99 [0 bids]
3 Doors Down - Seventeen Days (2005) SIGNED/AUTOGRAPHED CD US $40.96 Buy It Now 1h 34m
3 Doors Down - Away from the Sun (2003) SIGNED/AUTOGRAPHED CD US $40.96 Buy It Now 1h 35m
THE DOORS "Absolutely Live" (2) LP Classic Rock 1970`s Album Vinyl VG+ Condition US $13.49 Buy It Now 1h 38m
The Doors : Best of the Doors (2CDs) US $14.72 Buy It Now 1h 38m
AMI STEWART RED VINYL 12" SINGLE LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS B/W AM I LOSING YOU US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
2 ORG LPs"CHARLIE RICH"GREATEST HITS-BEHIND CLOSED DOORS-THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL US $3.99 [0 bids]
the doors absolutely live original 8 track tape US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS---CD SOUNDRACK+ SPECIAL EDITION DVD---OLIVER STONE'S THE DOORS!! US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
THE DOORS, HELLO I LOVE YOU, ORIG 1968 SINGLE US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 58m
CHARLIE RICH BEHIND CLOSED DOORS LP QUADRAPHONIC NM SHRINK MEMPHIS COUNTRY POP US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
? THE DOORS ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $34.33 Buy It Now 2h 10m
? THE DOORS ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $27.78 Buy It Now 2h 10m
? THE DOORS ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $19.58 Buy It Now 2h 10m
? THE DOORS ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $14.67 Buy It Now 2h 10m
? THE DOORS ? typography poster art print - A3 A2 A1 A4 US $22.86 Buy It Now 2h 10m
JIM MORRISON/DOORS~'THE GHOST SONG'~Rare German I TRACK PROMO ONLY CD~NEW US $16.37 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Doors -The Best Of The Doors- (EQ 5035) Elektra VG++ -Quadradisc- Orig. Plastic US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
The Doors [Original Soundtrack] (CD, Mar-1991, Elektra) US $1.99 [0 bids]
DOORS LP ABSOLUTELY LIVE ! US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
the doors 7" wishful sinner- ek-45656 nr mint US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON BUTTON US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
The Doors OTHER VOICES EKS-75017 ELEKTRA RECORDS Vinyl LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Doors ABSOLUTELY LIVE EKS-9002 ELEKTRA RECORDS Vinyl LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Doors EKS-74007 ELEKTRA RECORDS Vinyl LP US $12.49 [5 bids]
Charlie Rich - Vinyl 45 Record - A Sunday Kind of Woman / Behind Closed Doors US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
The Doors 1970 Electra lp US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Another 700 Miles [EP] [EP] by 3 Doors Down (CD) US $6.98 Buy It Now 2h 54m
ROBBY KRIEGER (THE DOORS) - NO HABLA LP EX VINYL RARE UK 1ST PRESS Brian Auger US $16.37 Buy It Now 2h 55m
The Doors- Greatest Hits 2CD set in digipak -brand new US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
DOORS-13-ELEKTRA EKS-74079 NO BARCODES VG+/VG+ LP US $14.98 Buy It Now 3h 8m
3 DOORS DOWN 6 Pack Of Hits CD Brad Arnold JOSH FREESE Matt Roberts Todd Harrell US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
THE DOORS "THE BEST OF THE DOORS" 2 X CD PLUS BOOKLET US $9.83 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Charlie Rich "Behind Closed Doors" Great Oz 7" US $7.19 Buy It Now 3h 14m
The Doors by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $1.99 [2 bids]
ELP / Doors / Shocking Blue / Styx / Bob Marley - RARE Israeli Israel Only 3xLP US $17.49 Buy It Now 3h 18m
THE DOORS "Absolutely Live" 1st USA (Butterfly Label) Vinyl 2LP JIM MORRISON US $10.50 [8 bids]
3 DOORS DOWN - THE GREATEST HITS: CD ALBUM (2012) US $18.01 Buy It Now 3h 24m
The Doors Waiting For the Sun EKS-74024 LP Stereo Elektra Red Label Jim Morrison US $11.99 [0 bids]
Va - Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 2 CD set sealed NEW OOP Doors Dylan Hendrix US $38.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
PHILIPPINES THE DOORS - THE SOFT PARADE LP 1ST EDITION MARECO RARE EKS 75005 US $999.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
2000 THE DOORS MUSIC THE BEST OF THE DOORS CD FULL ALBUM HARD ROCK PROGRESSIVE US $14.95 [0 bids]
DOORS - PEOPLE ARE STRANGE- 7"- W/ INSERT - U.S. P/S ONLY--- NO RECORD ! -K @@ L US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Bolt the Doors, The Ronelles, New Single US $6.23 Buy It Now 3h 36m
The Doors Greatest Hits - LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors s/t LP SEALED No Barcode US $125.00 Buy It Now 3h 41m
THE DOORS Morrison Hotel 1970 Elektra GF LP EKS-75007 EXC-/EXC US $9.75 [0 bids]
THE CHARLIE RICH COLLECTION-VINYL-NM-MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL-BEHIND CLOSED DOORS US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors Disc 1 & 2 US $6.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun DCC Gold CD US $159.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
3 Doors Down: Seventeen Days ~ EXCELLENT CD (Feb-2005, Universal/Republic (USA)) US $3.16 Buy It Now 3h 54m
THE DOORS ORIG GATEFOLD COVER Soft Parade RED ELEKTRA LABEL With TRACK STICKER US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
THE DOORS DOUBLE LP ELEKTRA SET NEAR MINT Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine US $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 57m
3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun [Dual Disc New] US $14.84 Buy It Now 4h
THE DOORS-L.A. WOMAN-JAPAN CD C45 US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 3m
DOORS-LOVE HER MADLY/DON'T GO NO FURTHER rock 45 US $8.98 Buy It Now 4h 4m
The Doors Box Set [Box] by The Doors (CD, Oct-1997, 4 Discs, Elektra NO BOX US $12.00 [0 bids]
DAVE PIKE the doors of perception LP VG+ VORTEX 2007 Vinyl 1970 Record US $67.20 Buy It Now 4h 6m
CHARLIE RICH - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS (KE32247) Best album of the year! US $7.00 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Greatest Hits [#1] by The Doors (CD, Oct-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
The Doors by Doors (The) (CD, May-1988, Elektra) US $2.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 13 - Vinyl LP - Elektra EKS 74079 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Charlie Rich ?- Behind Closed Doors US $3.74 Buy It Now 4h 15m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by Doors (The) (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra) US $12.99 [0 bids]
jim morrison/the doors/an american prayer lp--germany release/mint/1995 US $15.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 75 Classic Rock/Rock/Alternative CDs - Tom Petty, Aerosmith, The Doors US $42.00 [5 bids]
The Doors 'Strange Days' CD Album Elektra Records US $3.26 [0 bids]
The Doors, L.A. Woman The Workshop Sessions. 180 Gram Sealed Vinyl 2LP Set US $64.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
EDIE ADAMS behind those swingin doors LP Mint- DL 74488 Stereo Decca 1962 USA US $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Charlie Rich - Behind Closed Doors 1973 country US $0.99 [0 bids]
Soundgarden - Before The Doors: Live On I-5 Soundchecks [Vinyl New] US $17.25 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Soundtrack - Doors [Original ] (Original , 1991) US $8.18 Buy It Now 4h 54m
DOORS:Tell All The People-Easy Ride-Italy 7"Vedette DJ Label Special Juke Box SL US $74.98 Buy It Now 4h 58m
SWELLERS-LIGHT UNDER CLOSED DOORS VINYL LP NEW US $19.24 Buy It Now 4h 58m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON PLECTRUM PICK BADGE WITH FREE PLECTRUM NEW US $6.21 Buy It Now 5h
Doors - Morrison Hotel [CD New] US $5.25 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Classic Rock Tapes Van Halen, Queen, Doors, Rainbow, Loverboy B-52's Very Good US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS RARE COLLECTION EUROPEAN LP'S BEST OF STRANGE FULL CIRCLE LA WOMAN US $399.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
THE DOORS The Best Of LP VG+ QUAD US $13.88 [0 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Stoned Immaculate The Music of The Doors Various Artists Electra Jim Morrison US $1.00 [0 bids]
DOORS AND BEATLES 12 lp Lot VG+ US $100.00 [0 bids]
The Doors The Soft Parade Vinyl Record LP EKS75005 Red Label US $16.99 Buy It Now 5h 38m
3 CDs - The Stones Hot Rocks,The Doors The Best,The Grateful Dead Filmore East US $18.99 [0 bids]
70S & 80S CLASSIC ROCK KARAOKE CD - DOORS *CLEARANCE* US $27.85 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Dominic Frontiere 1977 TV Soundtrack LP Washington Behind Closed Doors SEALED US $20.00 Buy It Now 5h 45m
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
THE DOORS 45 Elektra-45646 "Touch Me" & "Wild Child" VG++! US $2.50 [2 bids]
The Doors The Soft Parade sealed CD Longbox US $49.99 [0 bids]
The Doors L.A. Woman sealed CD Longbox US $49.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Strange Days sealed CD Longbox US $59.99 [0 bids]
Away From The Sun, 3 Doors Down, 2 disc cd/dvd US $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS WEIRD SCENES INSIDE THE GOLD MINE SEALED 2 CD SET NEW US $7.14 Buy It Now 6h 12m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(42%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(37%)

THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
5 stars And now for something completely different ...... The Doors! For me they are one of the most interesting bands that emerged in the exciting second half of The Sixties. The music of The Doors is a captivating encounter of four creative and adventurous musicians with a totally different musical background. They challenged each other to the limit during the frequent rehearsals and many gigs. Soon their sound turned into a varied, dynamic and 'groovy' blend of raw Mississippi blues, straight-forward rock, catchy pop tunes and Sixties USA West Coast psychedelia along elements from folk, jazz and avant-garde. Jim his unique voice and poetic lyrics give The Doors an extra, often very emotional dimension but I would like to emphasize that all band members contributed each in their unique way to the captivating, often compelling sound of The Doors. This comprehensive 2-CD compilation contains all the legendary compositions and many good songs from their six studio albums. In fact I only miss the track Peace Frog with its excellent guitar riff.

About Jim Morrison are written dozens of books featuring many chapters pointing at his extreme lust for drugs, alcohol and sex and his agressive behaviour towards his friends. But he remains a very fascinating frontman with an unique voice: tender and warm in the romantic ballad The Crystal Ship, bluesy in Roadhouse Blues and Five To One, cheerful in Hello I Love You and Touch Me and expressive in the compelling When The Music's Over (catchy organ riff and distorted guitarwork) and the splendid build-up The End (a psychedelic atmosphere with sensitive guitar and dynamic drums). The colouring by Ray Manzarek his keyboards (often the Vox Continental organ sound) and Robbie Krieger his guitar is outstanding, so tasteful and subtle. They succeed to upgrade almost every track like the harpsichord solo in Love Me Two Times, the slide guitar in Waiting For The Sun, the flamenco guitar intro in Spanish Caravan, the Honky Tonk piano in the funny Alabama Song, the swinging guitar riff in Love Her Madly, the Fender Rhodes electric piano play in the 'classic' Riders On The Storm and the church organ sound in The End. And last but not least I would like to point at John Densmore his often intense drumming, from soft touches on the hi-hats to heavy beats on his drum kits, very well timed and so dynamic.

THE DOORS ARE OPEN, YOU ARE INVITED TO ENTER THEIR CAPTIVATING WORLD!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#105167) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 01, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars What a nice new year's present from Progarchives to have added The Doors to the list of bands we can review. I've read a lot of comments (some very rude ones) about their inclusion or not, but since they are there, let's review their GREAT work. As I have mentioned in my review of "The Doors" (their first opus), I entered their catalogue quite lately : in 1979 thanks to the Coppola's "Apocalypse Now" movie (as part of the soundtrack, the song "The End" is included).

The first CD I purchased from the Doors was this compilation. It is a WONDERFUL one. None of their hits are forgotten. This is extremely rare in compilations (if you compare with some ELO, Heep, Tull, Camel or Yes ones for instance). If you do not know "The Doors" this is an excellent entry and could (should) lead you to investigate more of their work (like I did). This one turned me into a die-hard fan. I own now their whole offical catalogue and some thirteen bootlegs or so. I am also thrilled to go and see "The Riders Of The Storms" in Antwerp pretty soon (I know this is only half The Doors, but still...). One can always argue of course of the tracklist of a compilation effort. OK, "Soul Kitchen " and "The Soft Parade" are missing (they could have include them since the double CD format would have allowed this with no problem). I also could have happilly lived without "Alabama Song - Wiskey Bar" (a song based on Bertolt Brecht's novel "Baal" which will be released by David Bowie later on as well). What is not there and should be ? Well, frankly "Back Door Man" (even if it is only a cover, it is a great rendition).

The absolute masterpiece of the band is included in its entire 11'44". About the two most contravertial sentences of the song, Jim will say, I quote "about kill the father: means destroying everything hierarchical, controlling and restrictive in one's pysche". I quote again : "about f... the mother" : means embracing everything that is expansive, flowing and alive in the psyche". The lyrics are incredible and very dark / bizarre. They are mostly spoken rather than sung. Maybe premonitory of Jim's death in 1971 ? The last lines of the song are quite explicit, I quote : "It hurts to set you free, But you'll never follow me, The end of laughter and soft lies, The end of nights we tried to die" This is the end". This song is quite hypnotic and is a great digest of their whole psychedelia.

If you are concerned by the money side, I would like to mention that there is a downsided version of this compilation fitting on one CD only (and cheaper). It lacks "When The Music Over" (and another three songs) but includes "Back door Man". So, it's up to you.

I also believe that "The Doors Boxset" (a four CD collection) should be available for review : it is a FABULOUS anthology of live and demo tracks (disc one and three), a selection of the band's favourite (disc four) and a whole CD from their concert at the Madison Square Garden in 1970. Another ESSENTIAL document is their DVD "30 Years Commemorative Edition" which is made of three sections : 1. Their last appearence on a TV show (in 1969 just after the scandal concert during which Jim will be arrested) ! 2. Some rare documents (like the clip for "The Unknown soldier" which will be censored in the US), and the mythical concert from The Hollywood Bowl (in its integrality - according to the liner notes). Hopefully it will be soon possible to review them. Five stars for this fantastic compilation of such an influent band.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#105303) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Review by clarke2001
4 stars Probably the best THE DOORS compilation around. This one is a good ratio between artistic quality and commercial profit. "The Best of the" was my introduction in the world of the Doors, and after this one, I started to appreciate different, "thinking" music.

In my early teen, I used to think that all the tracks are brilliant here, but now I'm a bit more picky, and I will admit that "Roadhouse Blues", "People Are Strange", "Love Me Two Times", "L. A. Woman", "Touch Me" and "Love Her Madly" are not so appealing to me anymore, in fact the first and the last mentioned are plain awful.

I'm very glad that both the lengthiest band's studio tracks are included here, "The End" and "When The Music's Over", because they are both masterpieces in it's own realm. They are both included at the ends of the disc 1 and 2, and it's nice to see a little bit of common sense from the compilation editors.

What can I say? All other tracks are great, and I don't think I have to explain why are they great, because most of them are known to a wider rock audience.

It worked well for me, so I think this is a perfect starter for a newbie.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#106514) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 08, 2007

Review by memowakeman
4 stars Wonderful compilation!

(Rating Edited august 2008: i lefft the review as i first wrote it, but i changed from 5 to 4 stars, since being a proto-prog album, it's not a masterpiece of progressive rock)

The ratings and previous reviews won`t let me lie, being The Doors a Giant in the history of rock, it`s obvious that they had to release an album where followers and general public could enjoy their best moments and songs, through the years Elektra decided to make a special compilation (1985) with all their classic moments. There are other compilations which are pretty good, but i particularly think this is the one, the best, you may say that it is full of hits and singles, and it could be but actually that`s not bad, i prefer some songs not listed here than some listed here but that doesn`t matter when an album or compilation can please someone like this works with me.

I consider myself a fan of this band, first of all because this is the only musical "influence" (besides Alan Parsons) that my father left to me, i remember when i was a kid i listened to The Doors so often, and i still do it nowadays, my love for them grew more and more, so if it were for me, i would give to this album 5 stars without a problem, because i love it, but remembering that this is a PROG site, i think i shoulnd`t give to it the five stars, however here we can find their proggiest moments with "Riders on the Storm", "Light my Fire", "When the music`s Over", "L.A. Woman" and "The End" (don`t think of The Celebration of the Lizard, it is not here) only with that 5 epics they could have released a 45 minute album which would be totally prog and mind blowing and which would fit in the realm of prog and 5 stars for sure.

But besides those wonderful songs, here we will find all their hits, songs that you might like or not, but songs that you know for sure, "Break on Through", "People are Strange", "Love me Two Times", "Roadhouse Blues" and "Touch Me" , sounds familiar, no?. This is a 2CD compilation, which can please any fan (and non-fan) since the very first song, their excellent music, magnific Manzarek`s keyboards (Light my Fire), the always constant Densmore drums playing (When the Music`s Over), the brilliant acoustic and electric guitars played by Krieger (Spanish Caravan and Break on Through) and the leadership by the Lizard King, Jim`s unique vocals and particular style will make you having a great moment with this album.

Excellent compillation, worth checking out and recommendable to anyone!

Hope you enjoy it!!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#108256) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 21, 2007

Review by Chris S
4 stars This has to be The Doors compilation at their utmost best. A double album of all their best hits, releases and generally good sounds. There are no other ' Best Of' albums in The Doors reportoire to come close to this and it does justify a solid four star rating just by selction tracks alone. Highly recommended to all those Doors enthusiasts who still enjoy the Doors sound for what it is worth, who still enjoy lighting the fire and last but not least enjoy being plain decadent. That is what this 85 compilation is- pure decadence of great music ' rolled ' into one.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#108777) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 25, 2007

Review by T.Rox
3 stars A great 'Best Of' that is largely surpassed by it's 2003 counterpart.

When I first started buying CD's, "The Best Of The Doors" was in my first half dozen CD purchases. This compilation remains a fabulous walk through The Doors music although it is now dated due to the 2003 release of "Legacy: The Absolute Best", which sees the same tracks re-mastered and includes a handful of additional tracks.

The "The Best Of The Doors" compilation is still chock full of essential Doors music, it is just no longer the boss compilation of The Doors work. I will give this 2CD set 3/5 because of its reduced standing the The Doors compilation arena, not because of any suggestion that there is any lack of quality in the music.

Send comments to T.Rox (BETA) | Report this review (#126120) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 17, 2007

5 stars 5 stars=Wonderful...A wonderful collection certaintly the best The Doors compilation...We can to listen the real sound of this giant band of rock..the keyboards of Manzarek and the voice and the presence of Jim Morrison are the importants columns of The Doors...the sound is a mix between Rock Blu ... (read more)

Report this review (#124088) | Posted by Lophophora | Thursday, May 31, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE DOORS "The Best Of The Doors"