THE BEST OF THE DOORS

rock music collection

Buy THE DOORS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1985

Disc: 1
1. Break On Through (2.25)
2. Light My Fire (7.05)
3. The Crystal Ship (2.31)
4. People Are Strange (2.09)
5. Strange Days (3.06)
6. Love Me Two Times (3.13)
7. Alabama Song (3.16)
8. Five To One (4.25)
9. Waiting For The Sun (3.57)
10. Spanish Caravan (2.57)
11. When The Music's Over (10.55)

Disc: 2
1. Hello, I Love You (2.14)
2. Roadhouse Blues (4.02)
3. L.A. Woman (7.48)
4. Riders On The Storm (7.14)
5. Touch Me (3.10)
6. Love Her Madly (3.17)
7. The Unknown Soldier (3.22)
8. The End (11.41)

Search THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors lyrics

Search THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors tabs

Jim Morrison /Vocals
Ray Manzarek / Organ, vocals and keyboards
John Densmore / Drums
Robby Krieger / Guitar

CD Elektra/WEA International Inc. 960345-2

Thanks to erik neuteboom for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors Music

Wea Int'l 2000
Very Best of the DoorsVery Best of the Doors
Remastered
Rhino 2003

Doors, Best of the Doors, Excellent Enhanced, Import, Original recor USD $9.39 Buy It Now
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra) USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Pink Floyd-The Best of Pink Floyd - A Foot In The Door November 8, 2011 USD $4.99 Buy It Now
"The Best of The Doors" 2 CD Fatpack *EXCELLENT-* USD $14.34 Buy It Now
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra) USD $6.87 Buy It Now
A Foot in the Door The Best of Pink Floyd by Pink Floyd (CD 2011) - Brand New ! USD $15.99 Buy It Now 59m 14s
DOORS Very Best Of 2-CD [2007, 34tk] w/OBI RARE OOP HTF SEALED Jim Morrison USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Best of, Doors, Good USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
DEEP PURPLE - KNOCKING AT YOUR BACK DOOR CD THE BEST OF POLYDOR 511 438 2 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
THE DOORS Best Of The Doors 2CD - 1985 Release - Made In Germany USD $7.49 Buy It Now 5h 6m
the Doors - "the Best of" - 2 CD SET - inc. bonus material USD $10.87 Buy It Now 5h 8m
THE BEST OF THE DOORS VINYL 2-LP 1985 ELEKTRA EKT 21 LP EX Hebrew Label USD $45.90 Buy It Now 5h 9m
The Best Of The Doors CD, Complete! USD $8.49 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Deep Purple - Knocking at Your Back Door (Best Of/In The 80's Polydor CD 1992) USD $6.54 Buy It Now 6h 49m
2 CD - The Best of The Doors - FAT BOY BOX/ Elektra 1985 USD $5.95 Buy It Now 6h 56m
The Best of the Doors by The Doors (CD, 2000, 2 Discs) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
SILVERCHAIR best of HITS cd TOMORROW freak CEMETERY madman THE DOOR israel's son USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 32m
DOORS *VG+* "BEST OF" 1985 US ELEKTRA CLUB EDITION 2-CD USD $10.15 Buy It Now 8h 53m
DOORS *VG+* 1986 MPO FRANCE PRESS ELEKTRA 2CD "BEST OF THE DOORS" USD $16.79 Buy It Now 9h
NEW Knocking At Your Back Door: The Best Of Deep Purple In The 80's CD (CD) USD $13.43 Buy It Now 9h 26m
There Stands The Door - The Best Of, We Five, 0029667428620 * NEW * USD $20.20 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Music CD - The Best of the Doors by The Doors (2 CDs, 1985, Elektra) USD $5.95 Buy It Now 11h 5m
WE FIVE - THERE STANDS THE DOOR - THE BEST OF WE FIVE - CDWIK286 USD $13.01 Buy It Now 11h 24m
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2CD SET GERMAN 7599-60345-2 EAN075996034524 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
THE BEST OF THE DOORS CANADA CASSETTE TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! USD $2.24 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Pink Floyd - A Foot In The Door...Best Of...Greatest Hits (CD 2011) USD $13.06 Buy It Now 13h 54m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra) USD $6.89 Buy It Now 14h
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (Cassette, Nov-1985, Elektra) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 14h 12m
The Best Of The Doors LP Elektra Records EQ-5035 Quadradisc '80s Red Black Label USD $10.50 Buy It Now 14h 38m
The Doors CD Album (Greatest Hits) The Very Best of Jim Morrison (Riders Storm) USD $0.13 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Rare Quad Vinyl Lp BEST OF THE DOORS Elektra Label USD $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 7m
The Very Best Of The Doors USD $16.31 Buy It Now 16h 34m
The Best Of The Doors Doors vinyl LP album record UK K42143 ELEKTRA 1976 USD $31.31 Buy It Now 16h 50m
The Doors "The Best Of" FATBOX "Greatest Hit's D-270407 Elektra (2 CD Set) USD $3.49 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors by The Doors 2 CD Set Elektra Label USD $9.77 Buy It Now 18h 56m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $10.95 Buy It Now 19h 21m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors Canadian cd Columbia House release USD $4.00 Buy It Now 19h 42m
The Very Best of the Doors [2001] by The Doors (CD, 2001) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [2-CD's] by The Doors USD $4.00 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $2.99 Buy It Now 23h 55m
NEW The Very Best of the Doors [Import Version] (Audio CD) USD $21.15 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Best of the Doors [1985] (1985) USD $1.11 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd - A Foot in the Door: The Best Of Pink Floyd EAN5099902896625 USD $12.96 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Doors Quadradisc Elektra 1973, 33RPM, Compilation Rock, 12" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The BEST OF THE DOORS_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $9.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Smokie Best Of CD NEW SEALED Living Next Door To Alice/Needles And Pins/Oh Carol USD $6.52 Buy It Now 1 day
SMOKIE THE BEST OF CD 18 Hits The Orginial Recordings Living Next Door to Alice USD $5.81 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Best of the Doors [1985] (1985) USD $1.31 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 'The Best Of' Orig Frence Elektra Double CD NM 1985 Blues Rock USD $11.35 Buy It Now 1 day
WE FIVE - THERE STANDS THE DOOR-THE BEST OF WE FIVE CD NEW+ USD $24.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEST OF THE DOORS Vinyl 4xLP Set Best Of Limited Edition Set (2000) USD $215.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Pink Floyd: A Foot in the Door 2011 CD New Sealed USD $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Very Best of the Doors [2001] (2000) USD $0.01 [1 bids]
The Best Of The Doors, Jim Morrison Rock 2 CD Box 1985 by Electra Records USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS best of ( rock ) - quad - TOP COPY - USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of The Doors Double Vinyl Record USD $12.50 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors by The Doors (CD, 1985, 2 Discs, Elektra) Free Ship #JC27 USD $6.94 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Best of the Doors [2000] (2000) USD $3.27 [0 bids]
* DOORS - The Very Best Of - 2 CD SET USD $0.99 [1 bids]
The Doors - The Best of The Doors 2CD Fat Box USD $6.54 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF THE DOORS ELEKTRA 7559-62468-2 USD $6.54 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD A FOOT IN THE DOOR BEST OF PINK FLOYD 2011 BRAND NEW USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS ( THE BEST OF THE DOORS ) LP USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 13 hits VINYL LP record 1st Ed.1970 album VG+Elektra EKS-74079 best of USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - The Best of The Doors - CD Album + Bonus Remix CD *Limited Edition* USD $5.23 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of the Doors CD 2 Discs 1985 60345-2 Rock Blues D-270407. No Barcode USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra... USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of the Doors Cassette, Elektra Label Tape Like New USD $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS THE THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS CD X 2 NEW USD $7.74 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS THE THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS (40TH ANNIVERSARY) CD NEW USD $9.02 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors "Very Best Of" - 40th Anniversary Mixes On One CD USD $3.27 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF THE DOORS DOUBLE CD USD $9.83 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF THE DOORS DOUBLE CD USD $11.34 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Jim Morrison The Best Of QUADRAPHONIC RECORDING on 4 CHANNELS-ELEKTRA USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS---THE BEST OF THE DOORS---ORIGINAL CD USD $3.26 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Best Of [Australian Import] - The Doors CD LUVG USD $5.96 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS BEST OF THE DOORS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! USD $117.66 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW The Very Best of the Doors (Audio CD) USD $18.12 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra... USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Stage Door Players Best of Broadway CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DEEP PURPLE KNOCKING AT YOUR BACK DOOR CD 14 TRACK BEST OF EC USD $11.11 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best Of The Doors Incl. Riders On The Storm Vinyl Record K 42143 USD $26.14 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - The Best Of, Elektra 60345, 1985 Stereo Promo Pressing LP NM USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra...161 USD $4.79 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors ?- The Best Of The Doors (REF BOX 34) USD $11.73 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by Doors (The) (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF THE DOORS - '73 ELEKTRA QUAD DISC ROCK LP USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best Of The Doors LP Double elektra R-270407 ~ Made in Germany VG++ USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Alternative rock CD LOTof 6 - Offspring 3 Doors Down Sublime Best of Splinter .. USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
A Foot in the Door: The Best of Pink Floyd by Pink Floyd (CD, Nov-2011, Capitol) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 6E 5035 RED LABEL NM+ VINYL REALLY NICE! USD $23.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors Best Of.. Quadra Disk! 1973 EXC.CON.(211) Record LP Album Very Clean! USD $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Best of the Doors Elektra 5035 quad vg++. USD $15.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(46%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(37%)

THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
5 stars And now for something completely different ...... The Doors! For me they are one of the most interesting bands that emerged in the exciting second half of The Sixties. The music of The Doors is a captivating encounter of four creative and adventurous musicians with a totally different musical background. They challenged each other to the limit during the frequent rehearsals and many gigs. Soon their sound turned into a varied, dynamic and 'groovy' blend of raw Mississippi blues, straight-forward rock, catchy pop tunes and Sixties USA West Coast psychedelia along elements from folk, jazz and avant-garde. Jim his unique voice and poetic lyrics give The Doors an extra, often very emotional dimension but I would like to emphasize that all band members contributed each in their unique way to the captivating, often compelling sound of The Doors. This comprehensive 2-CD compilation contains all the legendary compositions and many good songs from their six studio albums. In fact I only miss the track Peace Frog with its excellent guitar riff.

About Jim Morrison are written dozens of books featuring many chapters pointing at his extreme lust for drugs, alcohol and sex and his agressive behaviour towards his friends. But he remains a very fascinating frontman with an unique voice: tender and warm in the romantic ballad The Crystal Ship, bluesy in Roadhouse Blues and Five To One, cheerful in Hello I Love You and Touch Me and expressive in the compelling When The Music's Over (catchy organ riff and distorted guitarwork) and the splendid build-up The End (a psychedelic atmosphere with sensitive guitar and dynamic drums). The colouring by Ray Manzarek his keyboards (often the Vox Continental organ sound) and Robbie Krieger his guitar is outstanding, so tasteful and subtle. They succeed to upgrade almost every track like the harpsichord solo in Love Me Two Times, the slide guitar in Waiting For The Sun, the flamenco guitar intro in Spanish Caravan, the Honky Tonk piano in the funny Alabama Song, the swinging guitar riff in Love Her Madly, the Fender Rhodes electric piano play in the 'classic' Riders On The Storm and the church organ sound in The End. And last but not least I would like to point at John Densmore his often intense drumming, from soft touches on the hi-hats to heavy beats on his drum kits, very well timed and so dynamic.

THE DOORS ARE OPEN, YOU ARE INVITED TO ENTER THEIR CAPTIVATING WORLD!

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars What a nice new year's present from Progarchives to have added The Doors to the list of bands we can review. I've read a lot of comments (some very rude ones) about their inclusion or not, but since they are there, let's review their GREAT work. As I have mentioned in my review of "The Doors" (their first opus), I entered their catalogue quite lately : in 1979 thanks to the Coppola's "Apocalypse Now" movie (as part of the soundtrack, the song "The End" is included).

The first CD I purchased from the Doors was this compilation. It is a WONDERFUL one. None of their hits are forgotten. This is extremely rare in compilations (if you compare with some ELO, Heep, Tull, Camel or Yes ones for instance). If you do not know "The Doors" this is an excellent entry and could (should) lead you to investigate more of their work (like I did). This one turned me into a die-hard fan. I own now their whole offical catalogue and some thirteen bootlegs or so. I am also thrilled to go and see "The Riders Of The Storms" in Antwerp pretty soon (I know this is only half The Doors, but still...). One can always argue of course of the tracklist of a compilation effort. OK, "Soul Kitchen " and "The Soft Parade" are missing (they could have include them since the double CD format would have allowed this with no problem). I also could have happilly lived without "Alabama Song - Wiskey Bar" (a song based on Bertolt Brecht's novel "Baal" which will be released by David Bowie later on as well). What is not there and should be ? Well, frankly "Back Door Man" (even if it is only a cover, it is a great rendition).

The absolute masterpiece of the band is included in its entire 11'44". About the two most contravertial sentences of the song, Jim will say, I quote "about kill the father: means destroying everything hierarchical, controlling and restrictive in one's pysche". I quote again : "about f... the mother" : means embracing everything that is expansive, flowing and alive in the psyche". The lyrics are incredible and very dark / bizarre. They are mostly spoken rather than sung. Maybe premonitory of Jim's death in 1971 ? The last lines of the song are quite explicit, I quote : "It hurts to set you free, But you'll never follow me, The end of laughter and soft lies, The end of nights we tried to die" This is the end". This song is quite hypnotic and is a great digest of their whole psychedelia.

If you are concerned by the money side, I would like to mention that there is a downsided version of this compilation fitting on one CD only (and cheaper). It lacks "When The Music Over" (and another three songs) but includes "Back door Man". So, it's up to you.

I also believe that "The Doors Boxset" (a four CD collection) should be available for review : it is a FABULOUS anthology of live and demo tracks (disc one and three), a selection of the band's favourite (disc four) and a whole CD from their concert at the Madison Square Garden in 1970. Another ESSENTIAL document is their DVD "30 Years Commemorative Edition" which is made of three sections : 1. Their last appearence on a TV show (in 1969 just after the scandal concert during which Jim will be arrested) ! 2. Some rare documents (like the clip for "The Unknown soldier" which will be censored in the US), and the mythical concert from The Hollywood Bowl (in its integrality - according to the liner notes). Hopefully it will be soon possible to review them. Five stars for this fantastic compilation of such an influent band.

Review by clarke2001
4 stars Probably the best THE DOORS compilation around. This one is a good ratio between artistic quality and commercial profit. "The Best of the" was my introduction in the world of the Doors, and after this one, I started to appreciate different, "thinking" music.

In my early teen, I used to think that all the tracks are brilliant here, but now I'm a bit more picky, and I will admit that "Roadhouse Blues", "People Are Strange", "Love Me Two Times", "L. A. Woman", "Touch Me" and "Love Her Madly" are not so appealing to me anymore, in fact the first and the last mentioned are plain awful.

I'm very glad that both the lengthiest band's studio tracks are included here, "The End" and "When The Music's Over", because they are both masterpieces in it's own realm. They are both included at the ends of the disc 1 and 2, and it's nice to see a little bit of common sense from the compilation editors.

What can I say? All other tracks are great, and I don't think I have to explain why are they great, because most of them are known to a wider rock audience.

It worked well for me, so I think this is a perfect starter for a newbie.

Review by memowakeman
4 stars Wonderful compilation!

(Rating Edited august 2008: i lefft the review as i first wrote it, but i changed from 5 to 4 stars, since being a proto-prog album, it's not a masterpiece of progressive rock)

The ratings and previous reviews won`t let me lie, being The Doors a Giant in the history of rock, it`s obvious that they had to release an album where followers and general public could enjoy their best moments and songs, through the years Elektra decided to make a special compilation (1985) with all their classic moments. There are other compilations which are pretty good, but i particularly think this is the one, the best, you may say that it is full of hits and singles, and it could be but actually that`s not bad, i prefer some songs not listed here than some listed here but that doesn`t matter when an album or compilation can please someone like this works with me.

I consider myself a fan of this band, first of all because this is the only musical "influence" (besides Alan Parsons) that my father left to me, i remember when i was a kid i listened to The Doors so often, and i still do it nowadays, my love for them grew more and more, so if it were for me, i would give to this album 5 stars without a problem, because i love it, but remembering that this is a PROG site, i think i shoulnd`t give to it the five stars, however here we can find their proggiest moments with "Riders on the Storm", "Light my Fire", "When the music`s Over", "L.A. Woman" and "The End" (don`t think of The Celebration of the Lizard, it is not here) only with that 5 epics they could have released a 45 minute album which would be totally prog and mind blowing and which would fit in the realm of prog and 5 stars for sure.

But besides those wonderful songs, here we will find all their hits, songs that you might like or not, but songs that you know for sure, "Break on Through", "People are Strange", "Love me Two Times", "Roadhouse Blues" and "Touch Me" , sounds familiar, no?. This is a 2CD compilation, which can please any fan (and non-fan) since the very first song, their excellent music, magnific Manzarek`s keyboards (Light my Fire), the always constant Densmore drums playing (When the Music`s Over), the brilliant acoustic and electric guitars played by Krieger (Spanish Caravan and Break on Through) and the leadership by the Lizard King, Jim`s unique vocals and particular style will make you having a great moment with this album.

Excellent compillation, worth checking out and recommendable to anyone!

Hope you enjoy it!!

Review by Chris S
4 stars This has to be The Doors compilation at their utmost best. A double album of all their best hits, releases and generally good sounds. There are no other ' Best Of' albums in The Doors reportoire to come close to this and it does justify a solid four star rating just by selction tracks alone. Highly recommended to all those Doors enthusiasts who still enjoy the Doors sound for what it is worth, who still enjoy lighting the fire and last but not least enjoy being plain decadent. That is what this 85 compilation is- pure decadence of great music ' rolled ' into one.
Review by T.Rox
3 stars A great 'Best Of' that is largely surpassed by it's 2003 counterpart.

When I first started buying CD's, "The Best Of The Doors" was in my first half dozen CD purchases. This compilation remains a fabulous walk through The Doors music although it is now dated due to the 2003 release of "Legacy: The Absolute Best", which sees the same tracks re-mastered and includes a handful of additional tracks.

The "The Best Of The Doors" compilation is still chock full of essential Doors music, it is just no longer the boss compilation of The Doors work. I will give this 2CD set 3/5 because of its reduced standing the The Doors compilation arena, not because of any suggestion that there is any lack of quality in the music.

5 stars 5 stars=Wonderful...A wonderful collection certaintly the best The Doors compilation...We can to listen the real sound of this giant band of rock..the keyboards of Manzarek and the voice and the presence of Jim Morrison are the importants columns of The Doors...the sound is a mix between Rock Blu ... (read more)

Report this review (#124088) | Posted by Lophophora | Thursday, May 31, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE DOORS "The Best Of The Doors"