THE BEST OF THE DOORS

rock music collection

Buy THE DOORS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1985

Disc: 1
1. Break On Through (2.25)
2. Light My Fire (7.05)
3. The Crystal Ship (2.31)
4. People Are Strange (2.09)
5. Strange Days (3.06)
6. Love Me Two Times (3.13)
7. Alabama Song (3.16)
8. Five To One (4.25)
9. Waiting For The Sun (3.57)
10. Spanish Caravan (2.57)
11. When The Music's Over (10.55)

Disc: 2
1. Hello, I Love You (2.14)
2. Roadhouse Blues (4.02)
3. L.A. Woman (7.48)
4. Riders On The Storm (7.14)
5. Touch Me (3.10)
6. Love Her Madly (3.17)
7. The Unknown Soldier (3.22)
8. The End (11.41)

Search THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors lyrics

Search THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors tabs

Jim Morrison /Vocals
Ray Manzarek / Organ, vocals and keyboards
John Densmore / Drums
Robby Krieger / Guitar

CD Elektra/WEA International Inc. 960345-2

Thanks to erik neuteboom for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors Music

Elektra / Wea 1996
Very Best of the DoorsVery Best of the Doors
Remastered
Rhino 2003
The Very Best of the Doors [Import Version]The Very Best of the Doors [Import Version]
Rhino/Wea UK 2007
Import · Remastered
Wea International 2000
THE DOORS The Very Best Of 2CD BRAND NEW Slipcase USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
THE DOORS The Very Best Of CD BRAND NEW USD $9.37 Buy It Now 4h 39m
THE DOORS ( NEW CD ) VERY BEST OF / GREATEST HITS COLLECTION (40TH ANNIVERSARY) USD $7.79 Buy It Now 6h 18m
The Doors - The Best Of The Doors CD FREE UK P&P ! USD $6.19 Buy It Now 7h
The Best of the Doors QUAD 1973 Elektra EQ-5035 Press VG+ Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $16.50 Buy It Now 7h 35m
DOORS THE BEST OF UNIQUE COVER 1991 LP LYRIC W/INSERT USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 30m
The Best of the Doors by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra) USD $3.19 Buy It Now 10h 14m
PINK FLOYD - A FOOT IN THE DOOR: THE BEST OF PINK FLOYD CD ALBUM (2011) USD $16.38 Buy It Now 10h 23m
THE DOORS. The Best Of.. .(1985 Double Vinyl LP) Excellent USD $10.92 [5 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Knocking at Your Back Door The Best of In 80's & When We Rock 2 CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Pink Floyd - Foot In The Door:Best Of Pink Floyd CD/Brand New/FAST FREE SHIPPING USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Living Next Door To Alice: The Best Of Smokie - 2 DISC SET - Smok (2007, CD New) USD $9.59 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Best Of: Knocking At Your Back Door - Deep Purple (1992, CD New) USD $7.37 Buy It Now 14h 28m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 14m
The Best of Doors QUAD PRESSING LP ELEKTRA EQ 5025ORIGINAL 1973 USD $14.25 [0 bids]
USD $19.25 Buy It Now
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors 2 CD FAT BOX SET USD $10.44 Buy It Now 18h 18m
Smokie - Living Next Door To Alice: The Best Of Smokie [CD New] USD $10.43 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Deep Purple - Best Of: Knocking At Your Back Door [CD New] USD $6.51 Buy It Now 23h 10m
DEEP PURPLE - KNOCKING AT YOUR BACK DOOR- (BEST OF DEEP PURPLE IN THE 80'S) USD $4.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Very rare Doors (Best of) Quadradisc 4-Channel Discrete LP Elektra-EQ-5035 1973 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
We Five - There Stands The Door: The Best Of We Five (CDWIKD 286) USD $15.52 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best Of THE DOORS Double Promo LP NM WLP Elektra 60345 Audiophile USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD (NEW SEALED CD) A FOOT IN THE DOOR : THE VERY BEST OF / GREATEST HITS USD $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of the Doors (2 Disc CD) 1985. 19 tracks total. excellent condition USD $5.45 [0 bids]
Knocking at Your Back Door:Best of Deep Purple in the 80's BRaND NEW Ship:$9.90 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors - Very Best Of (2009) - New - Compact Disc USD $15.52 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS VINYL the best of LP Quadradisc RED label 1973 pre-butterfly copy Vg+ USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors ( Best of ) Double LP . USD $1.87 [2 bids]
the best of the doors USD $9.35 [0 bids]
3 By The Doors-Strange Days-Alive She Cried-The Best Of-All Clean USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS - 2CD ELECTRA LABEL - 2007 - JIM MORRISON USD $7.02 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors ** THE BEST OF THE DOORS ** Elektra LP Double Gatefold 1985 USD $6.23 [1 bids]
A Foot in the Door: The Best of Pink Floyd by Pink Floyd CD, Nov-2011 USD $5.80 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra... USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_E1 USD $7.52 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Best of the Doors [2000] 1 disc 17 track USD $6.23 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF THE DOORS - G/FOLD DOUBLE LP EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $6.16 [0 bids]
Doors Best Of.. Quadra Disk! 1973 EXC.CON.(207) Record LP Album Very Clean! USD $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SILVERCHAIR best of HITS cd TOMORROW freak CEMETERY madman THE DOOR israel's son USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra... USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VG+/VG++ Best Of The Doors LP Elektra Red Label Columbia House Press Strange Sun USD $3.25 [4 bids]
VG++/NM- Best Of The Doors LP Elektra Quadradisc Press In Shrink! Strange Woman USD $10.50 [2 bids]
"The Best of The Doors" 2 CD Fatpack *EXCELLENT-* USD $12.82 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - Best Of ~ GATEFOLD 2 x VINYL LP USD $43.67 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - The Very Best Of / Greatest Hits - Special Edition (2CD) NEW/SEALED USD $15.57 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF - 17 TRACK COMPILATION USD $5.98 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF - 2 CD SET - inc.BONUS MATERIAL USD $13.49 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Best of the Doors [2000] (2000) USD $4.67 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - The Best of the Doors 2CD 1985 ELEKTRA 960345-2 USD $6.74 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 6E 5035 RED LABEL SMALL "E" NICE Record ! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 DISC SET USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Deep Purple Knocking At Your Back Door The Best Of Deep Purple [SHM-CD] JAPAN USD $24.48 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS. The Best Of.. .(1985 Double MINT Vinyl LP) USD $15.59 [0 bids]
The Doors. Album The best of Doors. USD $31.19 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - The Best of the Doors 2CD 1985 ELEKTRA 960345-2 USD $5.84 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS , 2 CD SET , ( WEA , CANADA ) USD $9.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Deep Purple Knocking At Your Back Door Best Of In The 80s CD NEW SEALED USD $7.79 Buy It Now 3 days
The Very Best of The Doors USD $19.64 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM MORRISON "BEST OF THE DOORS" 2-CD SET - LIGHT MY FIRE / FIVE TO ONE + USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Very Best of the Doors [US Version] USD $14.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Astral Doors - Testament Of Rock-The Best Of CD USD $18.89 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF - 2CD FAT BOX - 1985 USD $9.40 Buy It Now 4 days
The BEST OF THE DOORS_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $9.02 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Best of the Doors [1985] (1985) 2CD - UK FREE POST USD $7.40 Buy It Now 4 days
WE FIVE - THERE STANDS THE DOOR-THE BEST OF WE FIVE CD NEW+ USD $22.33 Buy It Now 4 days
Original 1973 LP: The Best of The Doors - 4 channel Quadradisk - Terrific Cond USD $10.00 [1 bids]
Doors - Best Of - Elekrta 1985 - 2LP - UK - NM - R-270407 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors " The Very Best Of Doors " 40th ann (Like New 2 CD Set) Bonus DVD USD $21.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Best Of The Doors, Jim Morrison Rock 2 CD Box 1985 by Electra Records USD $4.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LA LEGENDE DES DOORS CASSETTE DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST OF USD $12.48 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS CD..GREATEST HITS..ORIGINAL..BEST OF USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Best of The Doors Canada Import 1985 First Pressing CD Box Set USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Very Best Of The Doors, 0081227999582, The Doors USD $12.93 Buy It Now 4 days
The Very Best of The Doors, 0081227999599, The Doors USD $11.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Knocking At Your Back Door - The Best Of Deep Purple In 80s, 0731451143823, Dee. USD $8.82 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - The Best of The Doors - CD Album + Bonus Remix CD *Limited Edition* USD $11.31 Buy It Now 4 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra... USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LP The Best Of The Doors 1967_1971 Elektra jim morrison psych USD $7.00 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-1985, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label USD $1.50 [3 bids]
The Best of the Doors 1985 Double Stereo Import LP VG++ PSYCH USD $26.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors 1973 Quad LP VG++ PSYCH USD $13.99 [0 bids]
Smokie - Living Next Door To Alice: The Best Of Smokie CD USD $15.69 Buy It Now 5 days
Best Of The Doors Cassette 1980 Elektra TC-55035 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Deep Purple - Knocking At Your Back Door - Best Of Deep Purple in The 80's NEW USD $10.89 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors - Very Best Of The Doors (2007) - New - Compact Disc USD $15.62 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF THE DOORS LP RARE COLUMBIA HOUSE N.MINT WAX IN SHRINK USD $23.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS [2007] [CD BOXSET] [2 - NEW CD BOXSET USD $15.87 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best Of The Doors LP USD $12.47 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD 1985 Double Album Booklet 19 Songs USD $13.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Very Best of by Doors USD $7.92 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS US ELEKTRA QUADROPHONIC BEST OF LP USD $23.97 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS LP QUADROPHONIC / QUAD IN SHRINK ELEKTRA RECORDS EQ-5035 USD $26.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - The Best Of The Doors 1985 Elektra 960345-2 - 2 Discs 19 Tracks Rock USD $3.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Pink Floyd The Best Of: A Foot In The Door CD '11 (NEW) USD $13.80 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of the Doors 2 Disc CD USD $4.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS: THE VERY BEST OF 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION CD 20 GREATEST HITS / NEW USD $7.79 Buy It Now 6 days
USD $1.96 Buy It Now
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.66

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(45%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(35%)

THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
5 stars And now for something completely different ...... The Doors! For me they are one of the most interesting bands that emerged in the exciting second half of The Sixties. The music of The Doors is a captivating encounter of four creative and adventurous musicians with a totally different musical background. They challenged each other to the limit during the frequent rehearsals and many gigs. Soon their sound turned into a varied, dynamic and 'groovy' blend of raw Mississippi blues, straight-forward rock, catchy pop tunes and Sixties USA West Coast psychedelia along elements from folk, jazz and avant-garde. Jim his unique voice and poetic lyrics give The Doors an extra, often very emotional dimension but I would like to emphasize that all band members contributed each in their unique way to the captivating, often compelling sound of The Doors. This comprehensive 2-CD compilation contains all the legendary compositions and many good songs from their six studio albums. In fact I only miss the track Peace Frog with its excellent guitar riff.

About Jim Morrison are written dozens of books featuring many chapters pointing at his extreme lust for drugs, alcohol and sex and his agressive behaviour towards his friends. But he remains a very fascinating frontman with an unique voice: tender and warm in the romantic ballad The Crystal Ship, bluesy in Roadhouse Blues and Five To One, cheerful in Hello I Love You and Touch Me and expressive in the compelling When The Music's Over (catchy organ riff and distorted guitarwork) and the splendid build-up The End (a psychedelic atmosphere with sensitive guitar and dynamic drums). The colouring by Ray Manzarek his keyboards (often the Vox Continental organ sound) and Robbie Krieger his guitar is outstanding, so tasteful and subtle. They succeed to upgrade almost every track like the harpsichord solo in Love Me Two Times, the slide guitar in Waiting For The Sun, the flamenco guitar intro in Spanish Caravan, the Honky Tonk piano in the funny Alabama Song, the swinging guitar riff in Love Her Madly, the Fender Rhodes electric piano play in the 'classic' Riders On The Storm and the church organ sound in The End. And last but not least I would like to point at John Densmore his often intense drumming, from soft touches on the hi-hats to heavy beats on his drum kits, very well timed and so dynamic.

THE DOORS ARE OPEN, YOU ARE INVITED TO ENTER THEIR CAPTIVATING WORLD!

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars What a nice new year's present from Progarchives to have added The Doors to the list of bands we can review. I've read a lot of comments (some very rude ones) about their inclusion or not, but since they are there, let's review their GREAT work. As I have mentioned in my review of "The Doors" (their first opus), I entered their catalogue quite lately : in 1979 thanks to the Coppola's "Apocalypse Now" movie (as part of the soundtrack, the song "The End" is included).

The first CD I purchased from the Doors was this compilation. It is a WONDERFUL one. None of their hits are forgotten. This is extremely rare in compilations (if you compare with some ELO, Heep, Tull, Camel or Yes ones for instance). If you do not know "The Doors" this is an excellent entry and could (should) lead you to investigate more of their work (like I did). This one turned me into a die-hard fan. I own now their whole offical catalogue and some thirteen bootlegs or so. I am also thrilled to go and see "The Riders Of The Storms" in Antwerp pretty soon (I know this is only half The Doors, but still...). One can always argue of course of the tracklist of a compilation effort. OK, "Soul Kitchen " and "The Soft Parade" are missing (they could have include them since the double CD format would have allowed this with no problem). I also could have happilly lived without "Alabama Song - Wiskey Bar" (a song based on Bertolt Brecht's novel "Baal" which will be released by David Bowie later on as well). What is not there and should be ? Well, frankly "Back Door Man" (even if it is only a cover, it is a great rendition).

The absolute masterpiece of the band is included in its entire 11'44". About the two most contravertial sentences of the song, Jim will say, I quote "about kill the father: means destroying everything hierarchical, controlling and restrictive in one's pysche". I quote again : "about f... the mother" : means embracing everything that is expansive, flowing and alive in the psyche". The lyrics are incredible and very dark / bizarre. They are mostly spoken rather than sung. Maybe premonitory of Jim's death in 1971 ? The last lines of the song are quite explicit, I quote : "It hurts to set you free, But you'll never follow me, The end of laughter and soft lies, The end of nights we tried to die" This is the end". This song is quite hypnotic and is a great digest of their whole psychedelia.

If you are concerned by the money side, I would like to mention that there is a downsided version of this compilation fitting on one CD only (and cheaper). It lacks "When The Music Over" (and another three songs) but includes "Back door Man". So, it's up to you.

I also believe that "The Doors Boxset" (a four CD collection) should be available for review : it is a FABULOUS anthology of live and demo tracks (disc one and three), a selection of the band's favourite (disc four) and a whole CD from their concert at the Madison Square Garden in 1970. Another ESSENTIAL document is their DVD "30 Years Commemorative Edition" which is made of three sections : 1. Their last appearence on a TV show (in 1969 just after the scandal concert during which Jim will be arrested) ! 2. Some rare documents (like the clip for "The Unknown soldier" which will be censored in the US), and the mythical concert from The Hollywood Bowl (in its integrality - according to the liner notes). Hopefully it will be soon possible to review them. Five stars for this fantastic compilation of such an influent band.

Review by clarke2001
4 stars Probably the best THE DOORS compilation around. This one is a good ratio between artistic quality and commercial profit. "The Best of the" was my introduction in the world of the Doors, and after this one, I started to appreciate different, "thinking" music.

In my early teen, I used to think that all the tracks are brilliant here, but now I'm a bit more picky, and I will admit that "Roadhouse Blues", "People Are Strange", "Love Me Two Times", "L. A. Woman", "Touch Me" and "Love Her Madly" are not so appealing to me anymore, in fact the first and the last mentioned are plain awful.

I'm very glad that both the lengthiest band's studio tracks are included here, "The End" and "When The Music's Over", because they are both masterpieces in it's own realm. They are both included at the ends of the disc 1 and 2, and it's nice to see a little bit of common sense from the compilation editors.

What can I say? All other tracks are great, and I don't think I have to explain why are they great, because most of them are known to a wider rock audience.

It worked well for me, so I think this is a perfect starter for a newbie.

Review by memowakeman
4 stars Wonderful compilation!

(Rating Edited august 2008: i lefft the review as i first wrote it, but i changed from 5 to 4 stars, since being a proto-prog album, it's not a masterpiece of progressive rock)

The ratings and previous reviews won`t let me lie, being The Doors a Giant in the history of rock, it`s obvious that they had to release an album where followers and general public could enjoy their best moments and songs, through the years Elektra decided to make a special compilation (1985) with all their classic moments. There are other compilations which are pretty good, but i particularly think this is the one, the best, you may say that it is full of hits and singles, and it could be but actually that`s not bad, i prefer some songs not listed here than some listed here but that doesn`t matter when an album or compilation can please someone like this works with me.

I consider myself a fan of this band, first of all because this is the only musical "influence" (besides Alan Parsons) that my father left to me, i remember when i was a kid i listened to The Doors so often, and i still do it nowadays, my love for them grew more and more, so if it were for me, i would give to this album 5 stars without a problem, because i love it, but remembering that this is a PROG site, i think i shoulnd`t give to it the five stars, however here we can find their proggiest moments with "Riders on the Storm", "Light my Fire", "When the music`s Over", "L.A. Woman" and "The End" (don`t think of The Celebration of the Lizard, it is not here) only with that 5 epics they could have released a 45 minute album which would be totally prog and mind blowing and which would fit in the realm of prog and 5 stars for sure.

But besides those wonderful songs, here we will find all their hits, songs that you might like or not, but songs that you know for sure, "Break on Through", "People are Strange", "Love me Two Times", "Roadhouse Blues" and "Touch Me" , sounds familiar, no?. This is a 2CD compilation, which can please any fan (and non-fan) since the very first song, their excellent music, magnific Manzarek`s keyboards (Light my Fire), the always constant Densmore drums playing (When the Music`s Over), the brilliant acoustic and electric guitars played by Krieger (Spanish Caravan and Break on Through) and the leadership by the Lizard King, Jim`s unique vocals and particular style will make you having a great moment with this album.

Excellent compillation, worth checking out and recommendable to anyone!

Hope you enjoy it!!

Review by Chris S
4 stars This has to be The Doors compilation at their utmost best. A double album of all their best hits, releases and generally good sounds. There are no other ' Best Of' albums in The Doors reportoire to come close to this and it does justify a solid four star rating just by selction tracks alone. Highly recommended to all those Doors enthusiasts who still enjoy the Doors sound for what it is worth, who still enjoy lighting the fire and last but not least enjoy being plain decadent. That is what this 85 compilation is- pure decadence of great music ' rolled ' into one.

Review by T.Rox
3 stars A great 'Best Of' that is largely surpassed by it's 2003 counterpart.

When I first started buying CD's, "The Best Of The Doors" was in my first half dozen CD purchases. This compilation remains a fabulous walk through The Doors music although it is now dated due to the 2003 release of "Legacy: The Absolute Best", which sees the same tracks re-mastered and includes a handful of additional tracks.

The "The Best Of The Doors" compilation is still chock full of essential Doors music, it is just no longer the boss compilation of The Doors work. I will give this 2CD set 3/5 because of its reduced standing the The Doors compilation arena, not because of any suggestion that there is any lack of quality in the music.

5 stars 5 stars=Wonderful...A wonderful collection certaintly the best The Doors compilation...We can to listen the real sound of this giant band of rock..the keyboards of Manzarek and the voice and the presence of Jim Morrison are the importants columns of The Doors...the sound is a mix between Rock Blu ... (read more)

Report this review (#124088) | Posted by Lophophora | Thursday, May 31, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE DOORS "The Best Of The Doors"