WHAT WE DO

6. Icarus (2:55)
7. Naima (6:50)
8. Invitation (4:02)
9. Nefertiti (3:32)
10. Bessie's Blues (1:41)
11. Maiden Voyage (7:08)
12. Oleo (3:58)
*13. Conflict Resolution (4:00)
*14. The Ripe One (11:02)
*15. Pools (8:59)
*16. Improv I (13:57)
*17. Voyage of St. Brendan (3:52)
*18. Improv 2/Drum Solo/In-A-Gadda-Davinci (15:37)
*19. Bad Hair Day (3:51)
*20. Addition by Subtraction (8:47)

Search MCGILL MANRING STEVENS What We Do lyrics

Search MCGILL MANRING STEVENS What We Do tabs

- Scott McGill / electric & acoustic guitars, Fretless guitar
- Michael Manring / Fretless electric & acoustic basses
- Vic Stevens / drums, percussion

Label: Free Electric Sound

Limited edition released with bonus disc "What We Do Too"

Thanks to Windhawk for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MCGILL MANRING STEVENS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MCGILL MANRING STEVENS What We Do Music

More places to buy MCGILL MANRING STEVENS music online Buy MCGILL MANRING STEVENS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MCGILL MANRING STEVENS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MCGILL MANRING STEVENS What We Do ratings distribution

MCGILL MANRING STEVENS What We Do reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars McGill, Manring and Stevens are all accomplished musicians, who have been active musicians for quite a while.

This is their third release as a band, and as on their previous outings the music offered is fusion.

What sets this release apart, is that on this release, they take 12 quite well known jazz standards, and drag these tunes through their own custom made fusion filter.

What comes out sounds like jazz with an edge, not quite jazz and not quite fusion - but something inbetween; spiced with energetic performance and the odd moment of rock and metal. Jamming, improvisation and exploring themes through repetitions and slight change of playing is a general description of the structure of the individual songs.

On a more or less limited edition of this release, you'll also get a bonus CD, containing a live performance from 2001 where the band play their own tunes. More rock and straight fusion is on offer here, and much more improvisation.

Not quite my cup of tea, but fusion afficinados and jazz fans with a liberal attitude should check this one out.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#105651) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007

Post a review of MCGILL MANRING STEVENS "What We Do"