STAR COLLECTION (VOL. 1)

The Doors Star Collection (Vol. 1) album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1973

Side 1:

1. Waiting for the Sun (3:58)
2. Roadhouse Blues (4:04)
3. My Wild Love (2:50)

- Jim Morrison / vocals
- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Robby Krieger / guitars
- John Densmore / drums

L.P.: Midi Records, MID 22 001 (a product of WEA, Germany)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Star Collection (Vol. 1) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
Strange DaysStrange Days
Waiting for the SunWaiting for the Sun
Rhino 2007

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Star Collection (Vol. 1) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(33%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE DOORS Star Collection (Vol. 1) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars One of my brothers bought the first copy of this album, released in Mexico in 1975. In 1982, when I saw the German import copies from The Doors`"Other Voices" and "Full Circle" albums, I also saw the German import copy of this album, and I also bought it that day (including the English import stereo L.P. of The Beatles` "Sgt. Pepper`s... album).

It seems that this compilation is well- known now, thanks to be announced in used L.P.`s websites. I know that there is a Vol. 2 of this "Star Collection" compilation, and even a 2 record set which includes Vols. 1 and 2 in the same package. But I only have this Vol. 1.

It seems that the Midi Records label was (or maybe still is) a mid-price label created by WEA in Germany in the early seventies. Curiously, the back cover of this L.P. has miniatures of the covers from other albums by The Doors, but released by Elektra Records! (including "Full Circle", "Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine", "13", "L.A. Woman" and "Other Voices"). The release date of this album is a bit confusing, because the back cover says "1973", but the label says "1972" !

But, it is a good compilation, despite including five of the songs from the "Morrison Hotel" album ("Waiting for the Sun", "Roadhouse Blues", "Maggy M`Gill", "Land Ho" and "Peace Frog"). "Peace Frog" is included in this album without being segued into "Blue Sunday", and it is cut after the six first notes of the bass guitar of "Blue Sunday", but it sounds good anyway.

The album also includes songs from the "Waiting for the Sun" album ( "My Wild Love"), the "Strange Days" album ("Unhappy Girl"), "The Doors" album ("Light My Fire", "Back Door Man"), and "The Soft Parade" album ("Wishful Sinful").

The cover design and printing is good, and the quality of the sound of the L.P. is very good, more than can be expected being released by a mid-price label.

This compilation is more for the greatest fans of the Doors who want to have anything released by the band. It is a vey good colectors`item.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#114784) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 10, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This is a rahter poor Doors compilation. Only two great numbers of the band are featured : "Light My Fire" and "Back Door Man". Some other tracks are valuable as well as "Waiting For The Sun", "Land Ho!" and "Maggie M'Gill".

But let's face the truth, the majority of the songs are sub-par Doors ones. I do not posses this compilation as such (I doubt that it had been released on the CD format actually). It is made only for completionists. If you are one of them and pass in front of it you might grab it.

If you are a casual fan or just interested in the band, just pass your way or buy "The Best Of The Doors" which is to date the best compilation of this great band.

Even die-hard fans (like I am) can not find it interesting. What's the point in grouping five weak Doors numbers on a compilation ?

One star for the idea and still two stars for the music (but I am generous with my Doors review, I admit).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#119185) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 21, 2007

Post a review of THE DOORS "Star Collection (Vol. 1)"