GIVEN TO THE RISING

4. At the End of the Road
5. Shadow
6. Hidden Faces
7. Water is Not Enough
8. Distill (Watching the Swarm)
9. Nine

- Steve Von Till / guitars,vocals
- Dave Edwardson / bass
- Noah Landis / keyboards,samples
- Jason Roeder / drums

CD Neurot Recordings (2007)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

NEUROSIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Purify Through Silver In Blood, 1996

MRI 2001
Pain of MindPain of Mind
Extra tracks
Neurot Recordings 2000
Blood And Time Latitudes Clear Vinyl Neurosis Scott Kelly & US $19.99 Buy It Now 48m 7s
MASTODON; RARE US 3 track RADIO SAMPLER PROMO EP; guest Scott Kelly (NEUROSIS) US $6.99 [0 bids]
GOJIRA From Mars To Sirius 2 LP RED VINYL /200 meshuggah neurosis morbid angel US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
GOJIRA From Mars To Sirius 2 LP BLUE VINYL /200 meshuggah neurosis morbid angel US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
RWAKE rest 2xLP SEALED 180G melvins neurosis thou mastodon salome om uncle acid US $21.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis - Live At Stockholm CD US $20.54 Buy It Now 8h 54m
MERZBOW 13 Japanese Birds Part Four CD Neurosis Swans Boredoms / Important 2009 US $21.23 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Hymns by Godflesh (Pitchshifter Neurosis Fear factory Ministry Prong Isis) US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Yard Apes Neurosis 1994 Kansas City Alt-Rock 7" Y-Tel Records US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Times of Grace - Neurosis New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.29 Buy It Now 14h 11m
Through Silver in Blood - Neurosis New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.29 Buy It Now 14h 14m
NEUROSIS PAIN OF MIND CASSETTE Alternative Tentacles Godflesh Pain Of Luna US $9.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis & Jarboe by Neurosis (CD, Oct-2003, Neurot Recordings) NR028 US $21.59 Buy It Now 17h 56m
Neurosis The Eye of Every Storm CD, 2004 Neurot Recordings Used US $7.99 [0 bids]
NEUROSIS**LIVE AT ROADBURN 2007**CD US $16.09 Buy It Now 20h 33m
NEUROSIS**GIVEN TO THE RISING**CD US $16.09 Buy It Now 20h 48m
Mouth Of The Architect Kenoma CD Lot Time & Withering Split Rosetta Neurosis US $9.00 [0 bids]
Red Sparowes "At the Soundless Dawn" 2x LP OOP /500 Swamp Isis Neurosis Pelican US $54.99 Buy It Now 22h
CHRIST ON PARADE - Sounds of Nature CD 2007 Neurot NEUROSIS hardcore skate rock US $2.99 [0 bids]
RED SPAROWES / GREGOR SAMSA split CD instrumental rock ISIS OM neurosis VSS new US $6.00 [0 bids]
Neurosis A Sun That Never Sets lp vinyl RARE! RR 6496-1 RELAPSE OOP 2LP US $70.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Given to the Rising [Slipcase] by Neurosis (CD, May-2007, Neurot Recordings) US $13.55 Buy It Now 1 day
STATE OF THE UNION - To the bitter end...a discography CD Dystopia Neurosis US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magdalena - Righteousness Is Immortal CD ltd #39/100 project SOULSEARCH NEUROSIS US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MOTH GATHERER A Bright Celestial Light CULT OF LUNA NEUROSIS BREACH ISIS US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEUROSIS ~'TIMES OF GRACE'~ Rare PROMO Only CD 1999~HARDCORE DOOM METAL US $24.48 Buy It Now 1 day
RELAPSE RECORDS SAMPLER SPRING Promo CD 1999 Nasum Amorphis Mortician Neurosis US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVING DEATH World Neurosis 1. PRESS CD 1988 Aaarrg Rec Destruction Hallows Eve US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neurosis The Eye Of Every Storm CD 2004 used NM / NM Relapse Records [RR6599-2] US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Keen Of The Crow - Hyborea morgion evoken baroness neurosis my dying bride US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STENY LDA 2010 Steny Lda CD Post Metal Sludge Isis Pelican Walls Of Ice Neurosis US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Cthonic Rites Moss neurosis funeral orchestra evoken worship disembowelment US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
HORSEBACK A Plague Of Knowing 3CD Neil Young Neurosis Relapse Folk Metal OEM US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEUROSIS - LOGO Embroidered PATCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEUROSIS - LOGO Embroidered PATCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PELICAN HAZE LP HYDRA HEAD BOTCH NEUROSIS MELVINS RARE RSD Record Store Day US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Shameful - descend A5 digi evoken my dying bride neurosis swallow the sun US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Times of Grace by Neurosis (CD, Jan-2006, Relapse Records (USA)) US $8.35 Buy It Now 1 day
A Sun That Never Sets by Neurosis (CD, Oct-2005, Relapse Records (USA)) US $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Enemy Of The Sun - Neurosis New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $24.91 Buy It Now 1 day
MASTODON remission 2xLP PURPLE VINYL 1/500 baroness neurosis isis uncle acid yob US $39.99 [0 bids]
Sovereign by Neurosis (CD, Aug-2011, Neurot) US $12.81 Buy It Now 1 day
NEUROSIS - GIVEN TO THE RISING NEW CD US $23.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Yeono - Neurosis [CD New] US $19.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ENDNAME - DREAMS OF A CYCLOPS CD SPACE SLUDGE neurosis aidan isis boris US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAGANUS - Paganus CD The Ocean Sunn O))) High on Fire Neurosis US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets CD Irond 2005 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yob - The Unreal Never Lived (Ufomammut Sleep Electric Wizard Kongh Neurosis) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis - Given to the Rising [Slipcase] (Yob Isis Pelican Mastodon Minsk) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Includes Shipping New Sealed Neurosis Honor found in Decay Deluxe ed lmtd cd US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Enemy of the Sun [Remaster] by Neurosis (CD, Aug-1999, Neurot Recordings) US $7.15 Buy It Now 1 day
CROW TONGUE Ghost Eye Seeker CD doomed psychedelic folkdrone OM Pelt neurosis US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neurosis Times Of Grace promo CD Relapse US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kicker Not You Vinyl LP Record, Poster & MP3 NEUROSIS & DYSTOPIA crust punk NEW! US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Party Boys "No Aggro" LP RARE MINT OOP Throbbing Gristle SWANS Oxbow Neurosis US $14.99 [0 bids]
Isis Remixes Reinterpretations 2 x CD Oceanic Neurosis Yob Mastodon Converge US $5.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis A Sun That Never Sets CD Relapse Isis Converge Mastodon US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Golem HobGoblin Soundtrack 2 CD set Sacrilege BC Neurosis Skinlab Testament US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NEUROSIS - THROUGH SILVER IN BLOOD NEW CD US $17.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis - Given To The Rising CD US $20.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay CD US $19.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay CD NEUROT US $20.02 Buy It Now 2 days
A Storm Of Light - Nations To Flames [ 2XLP, Southern Lord, NEW ] Neurosis Nails US $22.49 Buy It Now 2 days
SACRILEGE BC - PARTY WITH GOD LP PUNK THRASH NEUROSIS MELVINS ALCHEMY RECORDS US $7.99 [0 bids]
Kylesa -Ultraviolet LP Gatefold Black Vinyl New Mastodon Baroness Neurosis US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Isis "Temporal" 3xLP +DVD '12 Mono Neurosis Ocean Pelican Godflesh Red Sparowes US $24.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WRAITH Wraith 7" NEW Cursed Rise And Fall Converge Neurosis / Reflections '08 US $8.16 Buy It Now 2 days
NEUROSIS - SOVEREIGN (CDMFNM258) CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NEUROSIS Given To The Rising CD LIMITED EDITION SEALED US $11.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis Honor Found In Decay LP Gatefold Double Vinyl YELLOW Limited Edition US $38.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Esoteric - Paragon Of Dissonance 2CD w/ bonus Black Sheep Wall CD Neurosis Doom US $16.00 Buy It Now 2 days
5IVE - CD Tortuga pelican isis melvins keelhaul neurosis converge 16 gore US $3.00 [0 bids]
OM CURRENT 93 LP Neurosis Sleep Blood Axis Death In June Swans S US $9.99 [0 bids]
WORMWOOD Starvation TEST LP Neurosis Dystopia Corrupted Fall Bastards Sunn Sleep US $9.99 [0 bids]
CONTAMINATED 3.0 RELAPSE RECORDS 2CD 51 TRACKS NEUROSIS AMORPHIS EXHUMED SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHRIST ON PARADE / DIE SCHLACHT Split LP poster sleeve Neurosis Rudimentary Peni US $29.99 [0 bids]
SUBLIMINAL NEUROSIS-END/STOP NEUROTIC BELIEFS THOUGHTS-BRAINWAVE MIND TECHNOLOGY US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Tribe Of Resistance ?- In Defense Of The Voiceless NOS 1996 US 7" Neurosis Prank US $11.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Neurosis Honor Found In Decay Poster cd/lp rare promo item! neurot metal! NEW!!! US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MARASME - Mirroir CD - MINT post metal sludge Neurosis US $7.35 [0 bids]
KELLY, Scott (NEUROSIS) The Wake CD neurot relapse tribes of neurot wino US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Neurosis-2007 magazine advert US $8.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Neurosis-2007 magazine advert US $8.15 Buy It Now 3 days
The Ocean - Precambrian 3xLP 180g Color MINT Vinyl Limited Neurosis Isis US $30.00 [1 bids]
LIKE NEW Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets ( 2xLP, Grey Splatter) US $89.00 Buy It Now 3 days
KARP - I'M DONE 7" KRS Melvins Big Business Black Sabbath Mudhoney Neurosis Om US $8.16 [0 bids]
Neurosis - Given To The Rising (2007) US $1.63 [0 bids]
MASTODON - WOLF IS LOOSE - Pic Disc neurosis Torche Isis metal RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CANDIRU UNLOVED AND WEEDED OUT GODFLESH PITCHSHIFTER NEUROSIS DEAD WORDL PELICAN US $3.99 [0 bids]
UNEARTHLY TRANCE Electrocution LP colored vinyl oop neurosis eyehategod melvins US $9.99 [0 bids]
Across Tundras Lark's Tongue Split LP Vinyl Sealed Isis Neurosis Pelican Earth US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ozzfest: Second Stage Live 2 CD SET KITTIE soulfly DISTURBED neurosis SEPULTURA US $0.99 [0 bids]
RONCSIPAR Antimonumentum CD Neurosis, God Flesh US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NEUROSIS - ENEMY OF THE SUN [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
INTER ARMA Sky Burial 2xLP Pre Order Black Mastodon Baroness Neurosis OEM US $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Red Harvest 'Harvest Bloody Harvest' Steel DVD box. Myrkskog,Meshuggah,Neurosis US $3.55 [1 bids]
NEUROSIS ABERRATION EP 1989 VERY RARE FIRST PRESSING ON LOO OUT RECORDS HTF OOP US $50.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Isis 'The Red Sea' Black LP.Neurosis,Godflesh,Converge US $4.43 [1 bids]
Various Artists - Contaminated 4.0 Relapse Promo CD Neurosis Amorphis Deceased US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Locrian & Christopher Heeman LP.Neurosis,Salome,Isis US $4.43 [1 bids]

More places to buy NEUROSIS music online Buy NEUROSIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NEUROSIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NEUROSIS Given to the Rising ratings distribution

NEUROSIS Given to the Rising reviews

3 stars As much as I love heavy, dark music I found this one a tough one to get into. This is one creepy, atmospheric and intense record.The vocals really reminded me of the way Eddie Vedder screams on some of the songs on the "Vs." record. This guys vocals are deeper though.

"Given To The Rising" opens with a dark, heavy and doom-like soundscape.The vocalist screams out the words. 1 1/2 minutes in the sound mellows out with reserved vocals, but it doesn't last for long. This contrast continues.The tempo speeds up 7 minutes in with some good guitar. Great section. "Fear And Sickness" takes a minute to get going and the direction we're going is sludgey, heavy and slow. The drums pound steadily. "To The Wind" has a fantastic 2 minute intro, as the guitar is picked slowly in the Post-Rock style. It comes back later. We get some creepy spoken words 4 1/2 minutes that eventually sound like a death rattle as he gurgles "To the wind". "At The End Of The Road" has little going on for 3 minutes as we get a creepy, atmospheric mood. Then the vocalist moans out the words. The song finally kicks in at the 5 minute mark as he spits out the words in anger. "Shadow" starts again slowly for a minute and a minute after that we are kicking !

"Hidden Faces" is my favourite. It opens with guitar feedback and sounds and then drums come in. It gets heavy 2 minutes in, as this is one of the best sections instrumentally. By the time "Water Is Not Enough" comes along the vocals are getting a little tiresome. There is a welcomed instrumental interlude with lots of atmosphere.The drums and bass sound great 5 minutes in. It has a spooky ending. "Distill (Watching The Swarm)" has a slower pace until 1 1/2 minutes in we have a real rocker on our hands.3 1/2 mintes in we're crawling along. Not anymore ! We get a long calm passage until he cries out "Distill !". "Nine" has a similar beginning (lots of atmosphere and no melody) as a lot of the songs, but this time it continues through the whole tune. "Origin" features slowly pounding drums that are joined by spoken words 3 minutes in.Guitar comes in about a minute later. Drums stop 8 minutes in as we can only hear guitar until 9 minutes in he screams "I shatter !" as the whole band joins in.

I can see why some would give this a five star rating, but for me 3.5 stars is just right.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#135009) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 26, 2007

Review by Dim
2 stars Well, now that I have another Neurosis album to compare this one to, I think it's time I reviewed this one. I was pretty excited to pop it in 4 months ago, ready for my first encounter with post metal behind City of echoes. I was disappointed. I thought the recording quality sucked, the drumming sucked, and the line after line of barely eeking out a syllable sucked. Now that I have become very well rounded and am very knowledgeable in the field of post metal... I still don't like it. I like the recording quality now, I like the primitive yet completely filling drum beats, but the vocals, all the songs are the same 4 line grunts that still lack appeal.

The experimental quality in through silver in blood is gone, though the same bombastic Tool-Esq power chords are to climax the song, there is no more feel of rage, or a sense of doom among the album. More poetic that TSIB, it concentrates heavily on the lyrics, and less on creating a mood, or setting a tone. If the lyrics weren't line after line grunted the way they are that would be fine, bu t I just cant stand it. Whats more, along with the increase of vocals, there is shorter songs, and the few longer songs are still JUST dominated by singing, except the opener, which I do enjoy much. After a few unsatisfied listens, I began to pick out the music underneath the singing, it melts together quite nice. Neurosis, the post metal band well known for there hardcore traits disguised them very nicely in the music of the album, mostly just drop D, muddy power chords and lots of crazy experimental drum beats, and it works.

Even after picking out some of the more listenable parts, getting all the way through this album is a chore for me. I'm not the biggest Neurosis fan, but apparently I'm not getting something that a lot of people are, and that's okay, it's just a matter of tolerance. I for one have very little for lots of grunting and little music. I will continue to invest time and money in this band for my liking in TSIB, and what I've been told, Given to the rising is a huge change from any other neurosis album. 2 stars.

Send comments to Dim (BETA) | Report this review (#157198) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Review by The T
4 stars Finally, my first satisfactory post-metal experience has arrived.

NEUROSIS' Given to the Rising is the first album in this genre that I can say I truly enjoy. I've had past experience with repetitive releases by ISIS, AGALLOCH, PELICAN, and even that post-like "avant-garde" thing that was KAYO DOT, and not one of them really got into me. With this disc, that has changed.

NEUROSIS' music is dark, very dark, ultra-dark, like a barren wasteland in the middle of nowhere (probably in the outskirts of hell) with little or no light and just dead creatures and vultures flying around. Such a heavy, gloomy atmosphere as this album conveys is hard to forget.

Much has been said about the recording. The drums are in-your-face and barely produced at all (they sound big, empty. Many people dislike the sound but I think it adds to the atmosphere; ultra- produced-slick drums a la DREAM THEATER or PORCUPINE TREE would've hurt the effect the music is trying to provoke: that of desolation, fatality, death. This is music meant to be under-produced. The rest of the instruments sound equally raw, but it's the drums that really stand out for their "boxiness".

The drum-playing has also been criticized. This is another case where I happen to disagree. Yes, it's no jazzy playing, it's not full of finesse or ghost notes or syncopations or anything. But it's very, very effective. The big, troll-like fills actually manage to do that, they fill the space and add to the depressive atmosphere.

I've read comments about the lack of experimentation in this album. I have to confess that I haven't heard more NEUROSIS, so maybe I'm missing on a lot. But if I compare this to other post-metal discs I've listened to, yes, there IS less experimentation, but there's also more song-writing, more coherent structures, more discernable patterns, more music. I much rather hear the simpler songs in this album that the "complex" noises in KAYO DOT, to name an example (I know, it's "avant-garde"... even worse in that case). I don't see in this album the same love for mind-numbing repetition that plagues most post-metal albums. I hear balance, equilibrium. I like it.

A very good album, I almost felt inclined to give it a 5. But I think this music can still grow and be better. Maybe NEUROSIS has already done that. So now it's a good time for me to check on their prior releases.

Recommended for: Post-metal fans, fans of dark, obscure, atmospheric, slow metal.

Send comments to The T (BETA) | Report this review (#158362) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008

Review by UMUR
3 stars Given to the Rising is the 10th full-length studio album by US, California based experimental/ post metal act Neurosis. Iīve been reviewing Neurosis albums from an end over the last couple of years and as a consequence become quite the fan of their dark heavy post metal style. The last three releases by the band A Sun That Never Sets (2001), Neurosis & Jarboe (2003) and The Eye Of Every Storm (2004) have seen the band flirting more and more with post rock elements and clean vocals and allthough all three albums are greatly enjoyable in their own right I have to admit that I miss the relentless aggression of the bandīs mid- to late nineties albums. Especially the caustic vocal delivery on Through Silver in Blood (1996) and Times of Grace (1999). Well...times change.

Given to the Rising isnīt a further move into softer post rock territories and a big hell yeah for that. Rather itīs somewhat a return to more aggressive styled raw vocals and heavy riffs. Take it with a grain of salt though as Given to the Rising doesnīt reach the hights of neither Through Silver in Blood nor Times of Grace when it comes to aggression or heavy delivery. The style on Given to the Rising is more a mix of the older aggressive side of the bandīs sound and the more recent softer side too. Make no mistake though a Neurosis album is always an extremely heavy and bleak affair. Crushingly heavy guitar riffs, Scott Kellyīs angry vocals, the atmosphere creating sounds by Noah Landis and the excellent rythm section of drummer Jason Roeder and bassist Dave Edwardson. All the parts are there for another great album by Neurosis. As it turns out not all is well but most of the tracks on the album are of high quality. I could have done without the first 4 minutes of ambience in At the End of the Road and Origin also seems to go on forever without much going on but tracks like the title track that opens the album and To the Wind are prime examples of how great Neurosis are when they pull out their best cards.

The production is dark and organic. Very well produced.

Given to the Rising is a good release by Neurosis but I canīt help to notice that the band seem to have run out of creativity and new ideas and while I could listen to many albums yet that sounds like this one without getting tired of Neurosis, I still think itīs time for them to seriously re-think how they want their music to sound on the next release. Given to the Rising lack the creative and innovative spirit of earlier releases and thatīs a real shame. Stagnation is sometimes worse than taking chances that might turn out bad. Taking chances at least means that youīre still a creative force to be reckoned with and not a sleeping dinosaur. Still a 3.5 star rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#268319) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review by EatThatPhonebook
3 stars 6/10

"Given To The Rising" is the table of contents of Neurosis's career.

Finally we reach to the end to Neurosis's career so far, "Given To The Rising", the final chapter of the final trilogy. I had pretty high expectations for this, even though I was noticing it didn't get such great feedback. I gave it a few spins, and I was unfortunately a little disappointed by it, it did not have the good qualities I expected it to have.

Post Metal is a label I never liked, I always found good alternatives. But with "The Eye Of Every Storm" and even more with this one, this choice is harder to maintain. It's, sure, the usual Atmospheric Sludge Metal, but it's hard to not fall also into Post-Rock territory in some of these songs. While in the last couple of albums the band has got much more experimental and open towards Post-Rock textures, "Given To The Rising" is much heavier than those releases, more aggressive, more distorted. It has many beastly moments that are gigantic sounding. The building is much more frequent than in "The Eye Of Every Storm", which leads to one word; nostalgia. I'm guessing that Neurosis wanted to make with this album the "Through Silver In Blood" of the 00's, but the result is not at all as good. The experimentation here is brave, the sounds the band uses to fill in the music is very fascinating and cool, and that's one of the best elements this album has going for. It's obviously a pretty ambitious album, even more than the previous effort, but everything here feels so tired and forced, it's like Neurosis are using the same exact formulas they usually use on every album before this.

Maybe this is the time when Neurosis is the past, and the bands that feel influenced by them are the future. It would be kind of nice for this to be their last album, I feel like it's a sort of summary of everything the band has done: ambience, heavy distortion, raging vocals, repetition, build ups, strange samples, Post-rock, Sludge Metal, Progressive. Imagine the band's career as a book; the previous albums are chapters, "Given To The Rising" is the table of contents.

But enough of the bad talk: there are many moments here that are truly worth the time, like "Hidden Faces", great hook and good structure, "Water Is Not Enough", a heavy, strange song. Good moments are present also in the title track, another heavy song, the more experimental "Distill", and the final epic "Origin", eleven towering minutes that are very well put together.

A decent album overall, even though it does lack of a few essential elements such as originality. But it has enjoyable moments that a Neurosis fan like me would gladly listen to.

Send comments to EatThatPhonebook (BETA) | Report this review (#550187) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 14, 2011

4 stars Neurosis are the perfect example of, "if you're gonna do a genre which means noise and drone are concerned, do it right." And they did it right. To be honest, there are some arty farty metalheads who can't play instruments and decide that, "Oh, I'll make noise, that's kind of like music." But Neu ... (read more)

Report this review (#259641) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Wednesday, January 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A return to form for the Godfathers of Post-Metal. I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but Neurosis move on from 2004's disappointing 'The Eye of Every Storm'. The guitar is heavy, the bass is pounding, the drums are crushing, and the vocals range from clean to tortured. Neurosi ... (read more)

Report this review (#135133) | Posted by jikai55 | Monday, August 27, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Absolute Masterpiece. Neurosis have returned from 2004's disappointing The Eye of Every Storm, with an undeniably epic and absolutely flooring release. Surpassing even Through Silver In Blood, Given to the Rising is a startling amalgam of everything Neurosis has become famous for over the y ... (read more)

Report this review (#116740) | Posted by lightbulb_son | Thursday, March 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NEUROSIS "Given to the Rising"