GIVEN TO THE RISING

4. At the End of the Road
5. Shadow
6. Hidden Faces
7. Water is Not Enough
8. Distill (Watching the Swarm)
9. Nine

- Steve Von Till / guitars,vocals
- Dave Edwardson / bass
- Noah Landis / keyboards,samples
- Jason Roeder / drums

CD Neurot Recordings (2007)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

NEUROSIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Purify Through Silver In Blood, 1996

Multiple Formats
Relapse 2002
DVD$12.05
NEUROSIS - SOVEREIGN (CDMFNM258) CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
NEUROSIS Given To The Rising CD LIMITED EDITION SEALED US $13.49 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Mountain Man "Two" 12" WHITE /200 NO SLEEP SUBSCRIPTION SEALED swans neurosis LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Isis A3 Poster, full colour, Red Fang, Neurosis,Russian Circles,Palms,Baroness US $4.24 [0 bids]
Neurosis - & Jarboe (2003) US 8 TRACKS COMPLETE WITH ALL ARTWORK/BOOKLET US $3.82 [2 bids]
Esoteric - Paragon Of Dissonance 2CD w/ bonus Black Sheep Wall CD Neurosis Doom US $16.00 Buy It Now 3h 49m
OLD MAN GLOOM Zozobra CD LOT - Cave In Converge ISIS METAL Neurosis US $56.48 [0 bids]
RED SPAROWES / GREGOR SAMSA split CD instrumental rock ISIS OM neurosis VSS new US $6.00 [0 bids]
CONTAMINATED 3.0 RELAPSE RECORDS 2CD 51 TRACKS NEUROSIS AMORPHIS EXHUMED SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
The YardApes YARD APES - Neurosis Ghost Town 7" 45 RARE C86 Grunge Punk Nirvana US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
MASTODON THE HUNTER CONCERT SHIRT WORLD TOUR 2012 MINT ISIS NEUROSIS OFFICIAL US $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Neurosis Honor Found In Decay Poster cd/lp rare promo item! neurot metal! NEW!!! US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
GOJIRA From Mars To Sirius 2 LP RED VINYL /200 meshuggah neurosis morbid angel US $19.99 [1 bids]
Motive - I vs. the beckoning of darkness CD lihc nyhc neurosis US $2.00 [0 bids]
AMEBIX Arise! + 2 CD crust punk metal doom disrupt neurosis US $0.99 [1 bids]
AMEBIX Monolith CD Heavy Metal Records crust punk metal doom disrupt neurosis US $5.00 [1 bids]
POSTER - SCOTT KELLY & THE ROAD HOME (USA - Neurosis) and JARBOE (USA - Swans) US $9.40 [0 bids]
Through Silver in Blood by Neurosis (CD, Jan-2006, Relapse Records (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis-2007 magazine advert US $8.47 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Neurosis-2007 magazine advert US $8.47 Buy It Now 22h 17m
RWAKE rest 2xLP SEALED melvins neurosis earth thou mastodon salome om uncle acid US $21.99 [0 bids]
THOU baton rouge EP RED VINYL 1/800 neurosis yob isis melvins boris salome karp US $26.66 [0 bids]
Mouth Of The Architect Kenoma CD Lot Time & Withering Split Rosetta Neurosis US $9.00 [0 bids]
Across Tundras Lark's Tongue Split LP Vinyl Sealed Isis Neurosis Pelican Earth US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RONCSIPAR Antimonumentum CD Neurosis, God Flesh US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Storm Of Light - Nations To Flames 2xLP Still Sealed Neurosis Soundgarden US $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEUROSIS - ENEMY OF THE SUN [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $13.34 Buy It Now 1 day
INTER ARMA Sky Burial 2xLP Pre Order Black Mastodon Baroness Neurosis OEM US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neurosis Through Silver In Blood 2 X LP 1st Press RARE VG US $99.99 [0 bids]
PELICAN australasia 2xLP RSD SEALED mastodon neurosis isis uncle acid yob boris US $29.99 [0 bids]
KTL 2 SEALED 2xLP 1500 MADE khanate sunn thou shellac neurosis melvins isis yob US $29.99 [0 bids]
ISIS NEUROSIS DYSTOPIA MELVINS EYEHATEGOD SHIRT US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tribes of Neurot - Rebegin dbl 7" Test Pressing Neurosis US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neurosis Enemy Of The Sun CD 1993 ALTERNATIVE TENTACLES Original Release US $10.00 [0 bids]
MASTODON remission 2xLP PURPLE VINYL baroness neurosis isis uncle acid yob boris US $39.99 [0 bids]
Ghost Brigade-Guided By Fire cd Neurosis Isis Pelican Kylesa Mastodon Opeth US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DISCHARGED from home front to war front 7" nausea neurosis ent US $4.00 [0 bids]
Generation of Vipers Vinyl LP Heavy Metal, Sludge, Neurosis, Isis 12" LTD 500 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis *GUITAR TABS* Lesson Software CD - ( 8 Songs ) US $6.95 Buy It Now 2 days
GRAHAM CROFT-SMITH PROGNOSIS NEUROSIS DELETED CD (1999) US $5.08 Buy It Now 2 days
KNUT Terraformer CD Swiss avant-metal neurosis keelhaul old man gloom coalesce US $13.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis - Times Of Grace US $77.00 [6 bids]
Given to the Rising [Limited Edition] DIGIPAK NEUROSIS CD POST SLUDGE METAL US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets US $56.00 [4 bids]
Neurosis - Souls At Zero US $20.00 [0 bids]
ISIS The Red Sea CD atmopsheric sludge metal godflesh neurosis old man gloom NEW US $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis The Eye Of Every Storm 2 X LP Grey Colored Vinyl VG++ US $79.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis A Sun That Never Sets LP 1st press VG+ US $65.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis Enemy Of The Sun LP 1st Press VG+ US $49.99 [0 bids]
Neurosis The Word As Law LP 1st Press VG US $49.99 [0 bids]
New Sealed Times of Grace by Neurosis CD, Relapse Records US $9.49 Buy It Now 2 days
APEFACE 12" punk Hardcore Neurosis Econochrist San Jose US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Bat Is Back Alternative Tentacles Sampler CD Lard, Neurosis, Les Thugs, Nome US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANODYNE The Outer Dark CD metallic noise rock / sludge TOMBS godflesh neurosis US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
B. ABUSE Misery Is The Rhythm Of The World CD doom/sludge isis envy neurosis NEW US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Hellchild / Gomorrha 7" Converge botch brutal truth neurosis US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VA Discharged, Neurosis, Nausea, Extreme Noise Terror, etc. Dischage covers 7" US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Neurosis Aberration Ep 7" 1st Press Isis Pelican Sleep Melvins US $19.99 [0 bids]
Rare Metal CD NEUROSIS Short Wave Warfare ORG US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEUROSIS Official bootleg 01 Lyon, France 11.02.99 - CD - sealed neurot US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kylesa - Spiral Shadow LP Clear Vinyl Baroness Mastodon Melvins Neurosis US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
RELAPSE RECORDS SAMPLER SPRING Promo CD 1999 Nasum Amorphis Mortician Neurosis US $39.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NEUROSIS - Times Of Grace 2LP 1999 ORIG DOOM STONER BORIS KYUSS TOOL w/ insert US $235.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Various Artists - CONTAMINATED 4.0 Relapse Promo CD Neurosis Amorphis Deceased US $2.99 [0 bids]
Morne 'Shadows' LP NEW/Sealed VINYL grief disrupt neurosis amebix crust metal US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
YOB The Great Cessation VINYL 2 x LP SOUTHERN LORD unplayed new Doom Neurosis US $25.00 [0 bids]
A Sun That Never Sets by Neurosis (CD, Oct-2005, Relapse Records (USA)) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Bloodlet Embrace 7" Green Vinyl Integrity Converge Neurosis Godflesh Nails Botch US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spirit- Neurosis / Clockwork (Revamped) 12" US $10.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Blood & Time Latitudes clear vinyl /300 Steve Von Till Neurosis Scott Kelly Isis US $38.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood RARE 1996 Relapse PROMOTIONAL CD super rare US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Discharged, From Home Front to War Front, Discharge tribute Neurosis Nausea 411 US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Hard + The Heavy 2 CD QOTSA Fu Manchu Ministry Neurosis Sepultura sealed new US $2.99 [0 bids]
BOOK OF THE BLACK OWL Light the Fires! CD doom metal psych neurosis thergothon US $3.00 [1 bids]
NEUROSIS - HONOR FOUND IN DECA NEW VINYL US $52.97 Buy It Now 3 days
HORSEBACK / LOCRIAN Split 7" Wolvserpent Neil Young Ambient Neurosis UD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Trinacria - Travel Now Journey Infinitely CD New Enslaved Isis Neurosis Ministry US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
NUX VOMICA S/T NEW LP Grey YOB Neurosis Crust Punk Sludge High on Fire Sleep US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RELAPSE/RYKOMUSIC PROMO CD-MORTICIAN-CONVERGE-AMORPHIS-NEUROSIS-TODAY IS THE DAY US $3.00 [0 bids]
Neurosis & Jarboe (Oct-2003, Neurot Recordings) CD US $7.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Neurosis - Honor Found in Decay (2012) CD - NEW -FREE FASTPOST US $12.20 Buy It Now 4 days
CELESTE Misanthrope(s) CD blackened French sludge overmars amenra neurosis NEW US $14.98 Buy It Now 4 days
NEUROSIS Given To The Rising CD 2007 Neurot Records Tribes Of A Storm Of Light US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KATIE LEE/RAY MARTIN Life Is Just A Bed Of Neurosis RCA NM/NM- US $10.74 Buy It Now 4 days
SLEEP 2XLP DOPESMOKER PURPLE VINYL SEALED RARE PUNK KBD MELVINS NEUROSIS OM DOOM US $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Word as Law by Neurosis (CD, Aug-2000, Lookout) Rare US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
5IVE - 5ive s/t 2001 Tortuga pelican isis russian circles neurosis old man gloom US $3.00 [0 bids]
5IVE - Telestic Disfracture 2001 Tortuga isis old man gloom pelican neurosis US $3.00 [0 bids]
5IVE - Versus 2006 Tortuga isis old man gloom pelican neurosis justin broadrick US $1.00 [0 bids]
Neurosis Roadburn Festival Tilburg Holland 2007 Silkscreen Poster Art Malleus US $75.31 Buy It Now 4 days
SUBLIMINAL NEUROSIS-END/STOP NEUROTIC BELIEFS THOUGHTS-BRAINWAVE MIND TECHNOLOGY US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
YOB - The Illusion of Motion - Heavy Doom Metal Neurosis Isis US $4.71 [0 bids]
5IVE - Hesperus 2008 Tortuga isis old man gloom pelican neurosis old man gloom US $3.00 [0 bids]
Times of Grace by Neurosis (CD, Jan-2006, Relapse Records (USA)) US $8.76 Buy It Now 4 days
5IVE'S CONTINUUM RESEARCH PROJECT - Hemophiliac Dream 2002 Tortuga isis neurosis US $3.00 [0 bids]
Corrections House - Last City Zero Purple/Black Vinyl, neurosis eyehategod down US $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Nate Hall/Scott Kelly 7" Split Vinyl Red 250 made, Neurosis Shrinebuilder Yob US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
VIRUS 100 DEAD KENNEDYS CD-FAITH NO MORE-NAPALM DEATH-NEUROSIS-SEPULTURA L7-RARE US $7.99 [0 bids]
JESU BATTLE OF MICE Codeine Neurosis Godflesh Isis SPLIT CD NOT VINYL LP RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy NEUROSIS music online Buy NEUROSIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NEUROSIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NEUROSIS Given to the Rising ratings distribution

NEUROSIS Given to the Rising reviews

3 stars As much as I love heavy, dark music I found this one a tough one to get into. This is one creepy, atmospheric and intense record.The vocals really reminded me of the way Eddie Vedder screams on some of the songs on the "Vs." record. This guys vocals are deeper though.

"Given To The Rising" opens with a dark, heavy and doom-like soundscape.The vocalist screams out the words. 1 1/2 minutes in the sound mellows out with reserved vocals, but it doesn't last for long. This contrast continues.The tempo speeds up 7 minutes in with some good guitar. Great section. "Fear And Sickness" takes a minute to get going and the direction we're going is sludgey, heavy and slow. The drums pound steadily. "To The Wind" has a fantastic 2 minute intro, as the guitar is picked slowly in the Post-Rock style. It comes back later. We get some creepy spoken words 4 1/2 minutes that eventually sound like a death rattle as he gurgles "To the wind". "At The End Of The Road" has little going on for 3 minutes as we get a creepy, atmospheric mood. Then the vocalist moans out the words. The song finally kicks in at the 5 minute mark as he spits out the words in anger. "Shadow" starts again slowly for a minute and a minute after that we are kicking !

"Hidden Faces" is my favourite. It opens with guitar feedback and sounds and then drums come in. It gets heavy 2 minutes in, as this is one of the best sections instrumentally. By the time "Water Is Not Enough" comes along the vocals are getting a little tiresome. There is a welcomed instrumental interlude with lots of atmosphere.The drums and bass sound great 5 minutes in. It has a spooky ending. "Distill (Watching The Swarm)" has a slower pace until 1 1/2 minutes in we have a real rocker on our hands.3 1/2 mintes in we're crawling along. Not anymore ! We get a long calm passage until he cries out "Distill !". "Nine" has a similar beginning (lots of atmosphere and no melody) as a lot of the songs, but this time it continues through the whole tune. "Origin" features slowly pounding drums that are joined by spoken words 3 minutes in.Guitar comes in about a minute later. Drums stop 8 minutes in as we can only hear guitar until 9 minutes in he screams "I shatter !" as the whole band joins in.

I can see why some would give this a five star rating, but for me 3.5 stars is just right.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#135009) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 26, 2007

Review by Dim
2 stars Well, now that I have another Neurosis album to compare this one to, I think it's time I reviewed this one. I was pretty excited to pop it in 4 months ago, ready for my first encounter with post metal behind City of echoes. I was disappointed. I thought the recording quality sucked, the drumming sucked, and the line after line of barely eeking out a syllable sucked. Now that I have become very well rounded and am very knowledgeable in the field of post metal... I still don't like it. I like the recording quality now, I like the primitive yet completely filling drum beats, but the vocals, all the songs are the same 4 line grunts that still lack appeal.

The experimental quality in through silver in blood is gone, though the same bombastic Tool-Esq power chords are to climax the song, there is no more feel of rage, or a sense of doom among the album. More poetic that TSIB, it concentrates heavily on the lyrics, and less on creating a mood, or setting a tone. If the lyrics weren't line after line grunted the way they are that would be fine, bu t I just cant stand it. Whats more, along with the increase of vocals, there is shorter songs, and the few longer songs are still JUST dominated by singing, except the opener, which I do enjoy much. After a few unsatisfied listens, I began to pick out the music underneath the singing, it melts together quite nice. Neurosis, the post metal band well known for there hardcore traits disguised them very nicely in the music of the album, mostly just drop D, muddy power chords and lots of crazy experimental drum beats, and it works.

Even after picking out some of the more listenable parts, getting all the way through this album is a chore for me. I'm not the biggest Neurosis fan, but apparently I'm not getting something that a lot of people are, and that's okay, it's just a matter of tolerance. I for one have very little for lots of grunting and little music. I will continue to invest time and money in this band for my liking in TSIB, and what I've been told, Given to the rising is a huge change from any other neurosis album. 2 stars.

Send comments to Dim (BETA) | Report this review (#157198) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Review by The T
4 stars Finally, my first satisfactory post-metal experience has arrived.

NEUROSIS' Given to the Rising is the first album in this genre that I can say I truly enjoy. I've had past experience with repetitive releases by ISIS, AGALLOCH, PELICAN, and even that post-like "avant-garde" thing that was KAYO DOT, and not one of them really got into me. With this disc, that has changed.

NEUROSIS' music is dark, very dark, ultra-dark, like a barren wasteland in the middle of nowhere (probably in the outskirts of hell) with little or no light and just dead creatures and vultures flying around. Such a heavy, gloomy atmosphere as this album conveys is hard to forget.

Much has been said about the recording. The drums are in-your-face and barely produced at all (they sound big, empty. Many people dislike the sound but I think it adds to the atmosphere; ultra- produced-slick drums a la DREAM THEATER or PORCUPINE TREE would've hurt the effect the music is trying to provoke: that of desolation, fatality, death. This is music meant to be under-produced. The rest of the instruments sound equally raw, but it's the drums that really stand out for their "boxiness".

The drum-playing has also been criticized. This is another case where I happen to disagree. Yes, it's no jazzy playing, it's not full of finesse or ghost notes or syncopations or anything. But it's very, very effective. The big, troll-like fills actually manage to do that, they fill the space and add to the depressive atmosphere.

I've read comments about the lack of experimentation in this album. I have to confess that I haven't heard more NEUROSIS, so maybe I'm missing on a lot. But if I compare this to other post-metal discs I've listened to, yes, there IS less experimentation, but there's also more song-writing, more coherent structures, more discernable patterns, more music. I much rather hear the simpler songs in this album that the "complex" noises in KAYO DOT, to name an example (I know, it's "avant-garde"... even worse in that case). I don't see in this album the same love for mind-numbing repetition that plagues most post-metal albums. I hear balance, equilibrium. I like it.

A very good album, I almost felt inclined to give it a 5. But I think this music can still grow and be better. Maybe NEUROSIS has already done that. So now it's a good time for me to check on their prior releases.

Recommended for: Post-metal fans, fans of dark, obscure, atmospheric, slow metal.

Send comments to The T (BETA) | Report this review (#158362) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008

Review by UMUR
3 stars Given to the Rising is the 10th full-length studio album by US, California based experimental/ post metal act Neurosis. Iīve been reviewing Neurosis albums from an end over the last couple of years and as a consequence become quite the fan of their dark heavy post metal style. The last three releases by the band A Sun That Never Sets (2001), Neurosis & Jarboe (2003) and The Eye Of Every Storm (2004) have seen the band flirting more and more with post rock elements and clean vocals and allthough all three albums are greatly enjoyable in their own right I have to admit that I miss the relentless aggression of the bandīs mid- to late nineties albums. Especially the caustic vocal delivery on Through Silver in Blood (1996) and Times of Grace (1999). Well...times change.

Given to the Rising isnīt a further move into softer post rock territories and a big hell yeah for that. Rather itīs somewhat a return to more aggressive styled raw vocals and heavy riffs. Take it with a grain of salt though as Given to the Rising doesnīt reach the hights of neither Through Silver in Blood nor Times of Grace when it comes to aggression or heavy delivery. The style on Given to the Rising is more a mix of the older aggressive side of the bandīs sound and the more recent softer side too. Make no mistake though a Neurosis album is always an extremely heavy and bleak affair. Crushingly heavy guitar riffs, Scott Kellyīs angry vocals, the atmosphere creating sounds by Noah Landis and the excellent rythm section of drummer Jason Roeder and bassist Dave Edwardson. All the parts are there for another great album by Neurosis. As it turns out not all is well but most of the tracks on the album are of high quality. I could have done without the first 4 minutes of ambience in At the End of the Road and Origin also seems to go on forever without much going on but tracks like the title track that opens the album and To the Wind are prime examples of how great Neurosis are when they pull out their best cards.

The production is dark and organic. Very well produced.

Given to the Rising is a good release by Neurosis but I canīt help to notice that the band seem to have run out of creativity and new ideas and while I could listen to many albums yet that sounds like this one without getting tired of Neurosis, I still think itīs time for them to seriously re-think how they want their music to sound on the next release. Given to the Rising lack the creative and innovative spirit of earlier releases and thatīs a real shame. Stagnation is sometimes worse than taking chances that might turn out bad. Taking chances at least means that youīre still a creative force to be reckoned with and not a sleeping dinosaur. Still a 3.5 star rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#268319) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review by EatThatPhonebook
3 stars 6/10

"Given To The Rising" is the table of contents of Neurosis's career.

Finally we reach to the end to Neurosis's career so far, "Given To The Rising", the final chapter of the final trilogy. I had pretty high expectations for this, even though I was noticing it didn't get such great feedback. I gave it a few spins, and I was unfortunately a little disappointed by it, it did not have the good qualities I expected it to have.

Post Metal is a label I never liked, I always found good alternatives. But with "The Eye Of Every Storm" and even more with this one, this choice is harder to maintain. It's, sure, the usual Atmospheric Sludge Metal, but it's hard to not fall also into Post-Rock territory in some of these songs. While in the last couple of albums the band has got much more experimental and open towards Post-Rock textures, "Given To The Rising" is much heavier than those releases, more aggressive, more distorted. It has many beastly moments that are gigantic sounding. The building is much more frequent than in "The Eye Of Every Storm", which leads to one word; nostalgia. I'm guessing that Neurosis wanted to make with this album the "Through Silver In Blood" of the 00's, but the result is not at all as good. The experimentation here is brave, the sounds the band uses to fill in the music is very fascinating and cool, and that's one of the best elements this album has going for. It's obviously a pretty ambitious album, even more than the previous effort, but everything here feels so tired and forced, it's like Neurosis are using the same exact formulas they usually use on every album before this.

Maybe this is the time when Neurosis is the past, and the bands that feel influenced by them are the future. It would be kind of nice for this to be their last album, I feel like it's a sort of summary of everything the band has done: ambience, heavy distortion, raging vocals, repetition, build ups, strange samples, Post-rock, Sludge Metal, Progressive. Imagine the band's career as a book; the previous albums are chapters, "Given To The Rising" is the table of contents.

But enough of the bad talk: there are many moments here that are truly worth the time, like "Hidden Faces", great hook and good structure, "Water Is Not Enough", a heavy, strange song. Good moments are present also in the title track, another heavy song, the more experimental "Distill", and the final epic "Origin", eleven towering minutes that are very well put together.

A decent album overall, even though it does lack of a few essential elements such as originality. But it has enjoyable moments that a Neurosis fan like me would gladly listen to.

Send comments to EatThatPhonebook (BETA) | Report this review (#550187) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 14, 2011

4 stars Neurosis are the perfect example of, "if you're gonna do a genre which means noise and drone are concerned, do it right." And they did it right. To be honest, there are some arty farty metalheads who can't play instruments and decide that, "Oh, I'll make noise, that's kind of like music." But Neu ... (read more)

Report this review (#259641) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Wednesday, January 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A return to form for the Godfathers of Post-Metal. I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but Neurosis move on from 2004's disappointing 'The Eye of Every Storm'. The guitar is heavy, the bass is pounding, the drums are crushing, and the vocals range from clean to tortured. Neurosi ... (read more)

Report this review (#135133) | Posted by jikai55 | Monday, August 27, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Absolute Masterpiece. Neurosis have returned from 2004's disappointing The Eye of Every Storm, with an undeniably epic and absolutely flooring release. Surpassing even Through Silver In Blood, Given to the Rising is a startling amalgam of everything Neurosis has become famous for over the y ... (read more)

Report this review (#116740) | Posted by lightbulb_son | Thursday, March 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NEUROSIS "Given to the Rising"