FAUST VS. DALEK - DERBE RESPECT, ALDER

Krautrock

Faust Faust vs. Dalek - Derbe Respect, Alder album cover

Buy FAUST Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Imagine What We Started (7:04)
2. Hungry for You (3:03)
3. Remnants (4:00)
4. Dead Lies (8:27)
5. Erratic Thoughts (0:56)
6. Bullets Need Violence (8:15)
7. Collected Twilight (6:21)
8. T-Electronique (6:36)

- Will "Dälek" Brooks / MC, lyrics
- Alap "The Oktopus" Mopin / producer

Klangbad & Staubgold, 2004

Thanks to victor77 for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

FAUST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAUST Faust vs. Dalek - Derbe Respect, Alder Music

CD so far ~ USD $21.32
CD so far ~ USD $17.03
LP so far ~ USD $26.36
LP the faust tapes ~ USD $20.97

More places to buy FAUST music online Buy FAUST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAUST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAUST Faust vs. Dalek - Derbe Respect, Alder ratings distribution

FAUST Faust vs. Dalek - Derbe Respect, Alder reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
4 stars Street life

I am just about the biggest fan of German Krautrock legends Faust, but as I have previously stated, I think a lot of the stuff they've been churning out the past 10 years - have been stuck in the worming industrial palette as the one you encounter, when you pop on IV. I love the sound myself, but if they're aiming for a higher rating than a 3 - then advance, turn tricks or just plain change direction...

Then I bumped into this record. Watch me eat my own words - with pleasure and sea salt. I've come across a fair deal of collaborations in my life, but this one has got to be one of the most strange and yet most fulfilling that I can think of. Damn this is some good faeces!!! Though, if we rewind things a bit, we can actually spot what seems to be the perfect combination musically. Faust were of course one of the main instigators of the industrial genre - pioneering the metallic and desolate expression before any other bands were even thinking of combining such madness within a musical barrier. Dälek on the other hand took a lot of their inspiration from the same industrial wave as Faust fathered - using beats, bits and somewhat atypical noisiness and dark misanthropic moods - intelligently weaving these cryptic ingredients into the rhymes of the main man. Yet hip hop was always that. A Frankenstein of different parts - historical pieces spanning from Mo-town to Sergio Leone flicks glued together in a weird, bouncy and flavourful concoction that made your head bump and feet stomp.

On this album - the different angles of the industrial music age converge into something quite unique and expressive. Sure it is dark and noisy, but it works like a saw in a tree.

While I gather most of the mature people out there would hate this stuff with a vengeance - I can see many of the new comers to the world of experimental music go absolutely crazy to this mind-numbingly creation. There is a lot to like here - like the laser beam electronics mixed with a slightly corrosive coating that quite simply sounds like sonic acid tunnelling its way down into your brain. Coupled up together with staccato turntable flickers and the mad dog beats of hip hop, you here face something extraordinary and urban - like a towering sonic stature of cement and gravel throwing fiery darts in your general direction.

This one is atmospheric, creepy, echoing, uncouth, bad mouthed, ill tempered, beautiful and ugly, jarring, full of beats, rhymes and an urban pulse-taking device that seems to go beyond what you'll ever read about in a magazine like The Wire. This is streets, fuel and crowbars handed over in a dirty and rough musical gift basket.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#777268) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012

4 stars Rating: B+ As far as collaborations go, it would be hard to find one that sounds more appealing than Faust teaming with Dälek. Faust, of course, is a legendary Krautrock band with a string of great 1970s releases that revolutionized music, and at least one great "comeback" release (Ravvivando) ... (read more)

Report this review (#164110) | Posted by Pnoom! | Sunday, March 16, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars 3.5 stars. It really pains me to give this fine album 3 star rating here, but I have to say that for the majority of people here it wouldn't be worth much in a collection. The album is far more on the experimental side. Sometimes it is fantastic, while many other moments just seem rather disap ... (read more)

Report this review (#122276) | Posted by Speesh | Tuesday, May 15, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FAUST "Faust vs. Dalek - Derbe Respect, Alder"