BILLY LIAR

The Decemberists Billy Liar album cover

Buy THE DECEMBERISTS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2004

1. Billy Liar (4:08)
2. Los Angeles, I'm Yours (4:17)
3. Everything I Try To Do, Nothing Seems To Turn Out Right (4:03)
4. Sunshine (2:23)

Search THE DECEMBERISTS Billy Liar lyrics

Search THE DECEMBERISTS Billy Liar tabs

- Rachel Blumberg / percussion, drums, vibraphone, glockenspiel, backing vocals
- Chris Funk / synthesizer, electric guitar, dobro, lap steel guitar, pedal steel, percussion
- Colin Meloy / acoustic guitar, design assistant, illustrations, vocals, percussion, electric guitar
- Jenny Conlee / percussion, backing vocals, Hammond organ, accordion, Fender Rhodes, upright piano, Wurlitzer
- Jesse Emerson / percussion, upright bass, electric bass

CD Kill Rock Stars KRS419 (2004 USA)

Thanks to ClemofNazareth for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

THE DECEMBERISTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DECEMBERISTS Billy Liar Music

The Crane Wife [Vinyl]The Crane Wife [Vinyl]
Capitol 2006
Vinyl$15.49
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead NEW CD US $14.73 Buy It Now 41m 42s
The Decemberists "January Hymn" 7" Vinyl Picture Sleeve ~Listen~ 2010 US $2.65 [1 bids]
DECEMBERISTS LONG LIVE THE KING 10" VINYL LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
DECEMBERISTS**WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR (LIVE 2011)**2 CD SET US $17.84 Buy It Now 8h 15m
The Decemberists January Hymn Ltd Ed Record Store Day 7" Vinyl Sealed New OOP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Decemberists : The King Is Dead (2CDs) (2011) US $13.25 Buy It Now 15h 7m
DECEMBERISTS - HAZARDS OF LOVE NEW CD US $22.86 Buy It Now 17h 32m
Decemberists - Long Live The King CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Decemberists - Picaresque CD US $18.28 Buy It Now 18h 7m
Decemberists - Castaways & Cutout CD US $16.72 Buy It Now 18h 7m
DECEMBERISTS - PICARESQUE NEW CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 18h 13m
Korn Army Of Anyone Decemberists Saosin Amos Lee Meat Loaf Lily Allen PROMO CD! US $2.00 Buy It Now 18h 24m
Music For A New Year 2011 Uncut Magazine CD Iron & Wine Low Anthem Decemberists US $1.93 Buy It Now 19h
WAKE UP CD from UNCUT Magazine The Shins, TV On The Radio, Decemberists, Dears US $2.01 Buy It Now 19h 2m
DECEMBERISTS**PICARESQUE (GATEFOLD/DOWNLOAD)**2 VINYL SET US $27.54 Buy It Now 22h 41m
Decemberists "Sixteen Military Wives" vinyl 45 RPM 7" EU UK Rough Trade US $19.99 [0 bids]
Castaways and Cutouts by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $4.00 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists SEALED 2009 ALBUM US $0.25 [3 bids]
The Decemberists Long Live The King 10" vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Hazards of Love, The Decemberists, Good US $2.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Her Majesty the Decemberists, The Decemberists, Excellent US $6.52 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists Long Live The King 6 Song Vinyl EP 2011 Capital Records US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS 'Picaresque' Gatefold Double Vinyl LP + Download NEW US $33.42 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists We All Raise Our Voices to the Air (Live CD US $14.97 Buy It Now 1 day
The Crane Wife by The Decemberists CD 2006 Capitol/EMI Alternative / Indie Rock US $3.80 [0 bids]
The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love - U.S. PROMO cd 082714 US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Castaways and Cutouts by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $0.99 [1 bids]
RARE OOP Studio C KBCO Vol. 19 CD Modest Mouse THE SHINS Ryan Adams Decemberists US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists Crane Wife Promotional Poster US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Decemberists - Down By the Water 1-track Promo CD Single US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
2 NEW SEALED Decemberists vinyl lps The King Is Dead The Hazards of Love US $35.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists The Hazards Of Love 17 Trk Double Vinyl LP SEALED US $56.27 Buy It Now 1 day
DECEMBERISTS Sixteen Military Wives 7" B/w From My Own True Love Demo (rtrads271 US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists Dharma Bums Givin In Brand New 7" John Moen Flamin Groovies Shake US $7.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices To The Air The Decemberist [Vinyl New] US $29.58 Buy It Now 1 day
DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices To The Air 3x LP VINYL NEW COLIN MELOY US $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS - KING IS DEAD NEW VINYL US $27.73 Buy It Now 2 days
The Hazards Of Love - Decemberists The CD Sealed New ! US $7.02 Buy It Now 2 days
The Decemberists - Long Live The King EP NEW 10" Sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Picaresque by The Decemberists (CD, Mar-2005, Kill Rock Stars) Like New! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists- We All Raise Our Voices To The.. 3 LP SET/ SEALED US $35.10 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS - WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR: LIVE SONGS NEW VINYL US $41.86 Buy It Now 2 days
Fancipantz "Dispossession" 7" RARE Nada Surf / Decemberists Side Project Ltd 1k! US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DECEMBERISTS Always A Bridesmaid Vol.1 Valerie Plame SEALED Vinyl US $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Long Live the King - Decemberists New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $11.02 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS - WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR: LIVE SONGS NEW CD US $31.13 Buy It Now 2 days
We All Raise Our Voices to the Air Live Songs 04.11.08 by The Decemberists NEW US $14.98 Buy It Now 2 days
V/A - 97.3 KBCO Studio C Vol. 19 CD Modest Mouse Shins Decemberists Ryan Adams US $6.99 [1 bids]
Black Prairie "Fortune" NEW Sealed LP *RSD 2014* Decemberists, Dolorean US $15.00 [0 bids]
Colin Meloy Sings Live! CD by Colin Meloy (The Decemberists) Kill Rock Stars Hip US $6.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Her Majesty by The Decemberists (CD, Sep-2003, Kill Rock Stars) US $11.69 Buy It Now 2 days
The Crane Wife by The Decemberists (CD, Oct-2006, Capitol/EMI Records) US $11.69 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS, The - Her Majesty (reissue) - LP US $29.11 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - THE KING IS DEAD [DIGIPAK] [CD BOXSET] [2 - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.82 Buy It Now 2 days
The DECEMBERISTS: Long Live the King US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DECEMBERISTS + We All Raise Our Voices ti the Air +3 LP SET+NEW+2012+ US $19.98 [0 bids]
DECEMBERISTS RARE Always Bridesmaid 2 Days Elaine 7" NM VINYL Meloy Rough Trade US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - The Crane Wife NEW CD US $14.73 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - PICARESQUE 11 TRK CD ALBUM PROMO US $4.81 [0 bids]
Picaresque by The Decemberists US $4.98 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists Record Store Day 2009 The Rake's Song b/w East India Lanes US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists PRESENT PICARESQUE +MP3 Download NEW SEALED Vinyl 2 LP US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(EP47) The Decemberists, Don't Carry It All - 2011 DJ CD US $3.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Decemberists Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + Free Bonuses US $8.46 Buy It Now 3 days
DECEMBERISTS - LONG LIVE THE KING NEW VINYL US $19.66 Buy It Now 3 days
Billy Liar [Single] by The Decemberists (CD, Sep-2004, Kill Rock Stars) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Decemberists - Long Live The King [CD New] US $8.20 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists Rsd 7" January Hymn 2010 Sealed US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The King Is Dead by The Decemberists (CD, Jan-2011, Rough Trade) US $2.99 [0 bids]
DECEMBERISTS - LONG LIVE THE KING NEW CD US $12.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Picaresque by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) Free Ship #EV15 US $6.96 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists - This Is Why We Fight 1-track Promo CD Single US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists lot of 6 albums CDs Like New US $0.99 [1 bids]
Picaresque by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $4.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DECEMBERISTS CD LOT CRANE ARCADE FIRE COLIN VAMPIRE TV LOVE US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead - Gatefold LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists - The Crane Wife - 2006 SEALED Gatefold Double USA LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Long Live the King by The Decemberists *New CD* US $5.23 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DECEMBERISTS_The Hazards Of Love_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_K2 US $8.80 Buy It Now 3 days
We All Raise Our Voices To The Air (Live Songs 04.11-08.11) - Decemberists US $19.39 Buy It Now 3 days
DECEMBERISTS - WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR THE DECEMBERIST [CD NEW] US $19.17 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead - RTRADCD656 US $16.98 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACK PRAIRIE FORTUNE LP NEW SEALED RSD '14 indie-rock w/download Decemberists US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists Vinyl LP The Crane Wife US $20.00 [0 bids]
The Decemberists AMELIA Jigsaw PROMO Dj CD Single 2003 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DECEMBERISTS January Hymn 2010 UK vinyl 7" UNPLAYED US $16.07 Buy It Now 4 days
COLIN MELOY New Rare CD SINGS THE KINKS of the Decemberists US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
COLIN MELOY New Rare CD SINGS SAM COOKE of the Decemberists US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Billy Liar [Single] by The Decemberists (CD, Sep-2004, Kill Rock Stars) US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists Her Majesty Vinyl LP Record! indie folk rock! colin meloy! NEW! US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Colin Meloy Sings Live! Cd The Decemberists US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DECEMBERISTS Castaways and Cutouts - VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! US $18.98 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS Sixteen Military Wives CD 3 Track With Info Stickered Case B/w Cd R US $8.68 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists - The Tain - NOIS038CD US $10.89 Buy It Now 4 days
CD 'Alternative Rock Xmas' BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE Decemberists + Alarm ++ SEALED US $0.99 [0 bids]
We All Raise Our Voices to the Air: Live Songs 04.11.08 * by The Decemberists... US $32.20 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at Bull Moose [EP] by The Decemberists (CD, Capitol) US $31.06 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead (NEW CD) US $16.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Shins Live at Third Man Records LP vinyl record broken bells decemberists US $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DECEMBERISTS : SIXTEEN MILITARY WIVES 7 Inch Vinyl Single [2005, RTRADS 271] US $16.05 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy THE DECEMBERISTS music online Buy THE DECEMBERISTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DECEMBERISTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DECEMBERISTS Billy Liar ratings distribution

THE DECEMBERISTS Billy Liar reviews

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
2 stars This is basically a little promo CD single that includes “Billy Liar” and “Los Angeles, I’m Yours” from the “Her Majesty” album along with a couple of rather forgettable b-sides – “Everything I Try To Do, Nothing Seems To Turn Out Right” and “Sunshine”, The Jealous Butcher vinyl version leaves off “Los Angeles, I’m Yours”.

“Sunshine” appears to be a little ditty about staring at someone’s ass. Typical Decemberists bawdy humor, but not much musically really. The subject matter fits well with “Billy Liar” though, since that one is also a coarse tale about a peeping Tom who seems to be pleasuring himself while peering in some young lass’s window, mostly because his life sucks so much that he doesn’t have much else to do.

“Los Angeles, I’m Yours” is a strange choice since it is probably the weakest track on the “Her Majesty” album, and is little more than a decent pop tune.

In all this is a little bit of a weird collection for a single. I would have thought “Shanty For The Arethusa”, “The Soldiering Life”, “I Was Meant for the Stage”, or even “Red Right Ankle” would have made for much stronger promo singles. All told this is just an interesting curio for collectors, so don’t expect any more of it than that. Two stars.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#122656) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2007

Review by Chris H
2 stars This is one of those releases that makes you wonder. Two of the best tracks off of the Her Majesty album are balanced out with two of The Decemberists' weaker efforts. This is one of those cases where I think the band was eager to release the promo and slacked off on the B-side selections.

Billy Liar is a great tune, like I mentioned before as one of the best off of Her Majesty with touching melodies and realistic lyrics. Los Angeles, I'm Yours has often been referred to as a weaker track on the album, and musically I can't disagree with that statement. There isn't much there for substance, but what is there really gets me thinking. It is quite a good catchy song, and the simple rhythms get addicting after a while.

I don't recommend looking for this, but if you come across it and don't own the Her Majesty album yet it might something worth your time to check out. But for those of you that own the album already, save your cash for the next studio release!

2 stars.

Send comments to Chris H (BETA) | Report this review (#158756) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Review by The Whistler
2 stars It seems that, yes, The Decemberists are incapable thus far of making bad product. But, you ask, can they make USELESS product? Well, as it turns out, yes. Yes they can.

We kick off with the bouncy, beautiful baroque popper “Billy Liar,” and follow it up with the built ballad “Los Angeles I’m Yours.” Both are great songs, to be sure, some of the best off Her Majesty...but why? They’re easy enough to find on Her Majesty. I don’t need them here particularly. Why just slap them onto the EP, without even...you know, changing the order from the original album? (Seriously, I half expected “Gymnast High Above the Stage” to start up next.)

So the new material is represented by “Everything I Do, Nothing Seem to Turn Out Right” and “Sunshine.” “Everything” is a fairly standard indie pop rocker, only notable for the slide guitar peeking out of background. “Sunshine” is probably the better of the two; it might be even more standard by indie rocker standards, but it’s somewhat catchier, and certainly much more amusing. It’s also shorter, but hey, who’s keeping track of that?

All in all, you COULD obtain this...but why would you want to? The first two tracks are great, but why not get them on the Her Majesty record, so you can enjoy some decent music? The second two tracks are tolerable, but not really that good. They sound like outtakes from the first album...not very good outtakes either. If you pop “Sunshine” onto a rarities collection somewhere down the line, it might make an inoffensive surprise with its stab at Beach Boys charm. But making it the center of attention? Not a good idea. So, yes, the Decemberists CAN make useless material. Like this EP for instance.

Send comments to The Whistler (BETA) | Report this review (#208465) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Post a review of THE DECEMBERISTS "Billy Liar"