02 PANIC ROOM

Buy RIVERSIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2007

1. 02 Panic Room (4:00)
2. Lucid Dream IV (5:00)
3. Back to the River (5:00)
4. 02 Panic Room Remix (4:00)

Search RIVERSIDE 02 Panic Room lyrics

Search RIVERSIDE 02 Panic Room tabs

- Mariusz Duda / vocals, bass
- Piotr Grudzinski / guitars
- Michal Lapaj / keyboards
- Piotr Kozieradzki / drums

This first single from the Rapid Eye Movement album (Sept. '07) features 02 Panic Room and its remix as well as two songs that will not be included on the album, Lucid Dream IV and Back to the River.

Thanks to Wrathi for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

RIVERSIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RIVERSIDE 02 Panic Room Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Shrine of New Generation SlavesShrine of New Generation Slaves
EP
Laser's Edge 2011
OneOne
Warner Bros / Wea 1992

More places to buy RIVERSIDE music online Buy RIVERSIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RIVERSIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RIVERSIDE 02 Panic Room ratings distribution

RIVERSIDE 02 Panic Room reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars Riverside is a band that I discovered thanks to Prog Archives, I had read so many positive reviews about their first album Out Of Myself that I decided to check it out. From the very first moment I listened to their Heavy Prog I turned into a fan, I love that compelling and dynamic sound with the emotional vocals, heavy guitar riffs, propulsive rhythm-section, sumptuous keyboard layers and lots of tension. For me the successor Second Life Syndrome is one of the best progrock albums released in the last ten years so I was very curious about this EP, especially after reading the mixed opinions. Well, here is my musical vision about this EP.

1. 02 Panic Room (4:00) : This is the typical Riverside sound as I described in the intro featuring great dynamics and tension. The vocals sound quiet melancholic as if there is a lot of anger and despair under the surface. The final part delivers wonderful orchestral keyboard arrangements. 2. Lucid Dream IV (5:00) : A swinging rhythm with powerful bass runs, then a bombastic climate featuring lush organ waves and strong drumming, culminating in propulsive guitar riffs and sensational work on synthesizers, gradually becoming more fiery, very exciting! 3. Back to the River (5:00) : After a SF-like intro, we can enjoy sensitive electric guitarplay, supported by mellow organ, the atmosphere becomes more lush and suddenly ... there is the legendary guitarwork from Shine On Your Crazy Diamond, followed by a wonderful final part with howling guitar and a bombastic organ sound. 4. 02 Panic Room Remix (4:00) : This final piece contains a slow rhythm with melancholical vocals in a mellow climate, blended with lots of strange sounds, in the end we can enjoy warm acoustic guitar play.

It's not easy to return after making a brilliant album but I am very positive about Riverside after listening to this EP and I am looking forward to see this great Polish band on the Dutch Symforce Festival in Tilburg on September 15th! My rating 3,5 stars.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#137298) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 08, 2007

4 stars It's great to get some new RIVERSIDE material, specifically three new songs with the fourth song being a re-mix of the title track.This is enough to keep me satisfied until their new album ("Rapid Eye Movement") is released in October. Travis Smith as usual did an incredible job with the art work.

"02 Panic Room" opens with a good beat as the guitar comes in followed by heavy riffs. The vocals here are a highlight on this Ep as Mr.Duda's warm vocals are in fine form. The other two songs are instrumentals so I savour his singing here and on the re-mix later.There is a nice calm before 2 1/2 minutes followed a minute later by a beautiful guitar solo. Riffs to end the song. This song is classic RIVERSIDE, with the warm guitar tone and vocals to match with some heaviness thrown in. Thankfully this will be on "Rapid Eye Movement". The two other songs will not be on that album though. "Lucid Dream IV" is an uptempo instrumental that reminds me of Satriani until it gets heavy.The organ is a nice touch as well. Some nice heaviness 3 minutes in.

"Back To The River" is spacey with lots of atmosphere to open as the instruments then come in subtley. This is such a laid back,dreamy tune. The guitar is inviting after 2 minutes as the sound slowly builds. The organ is very Wright-like which is a clue to what's coming as they play a section from "Shine On You Crazy Diamond-Part 1" 4 1/2 minutes in. That is so cool ! Even if this PINK FLOYD tribute wasn't there this would be my favourite song on this Ep. "02 Panic Room (Remix)" is quite good but I prefer the original. This one doesn't have the riffs or heaviness, plus there are vocals speaking words on and off throughout.

I recommend this highly just for "Back To The River" alone.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#138726) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 17, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars This "Riverside" EP is a tasty "hors d'oeuvre" for the fans. The recipe won't change of course. The metal beat combined with these inspired vocals will always be a winner.

"02 Panic Room" is a powerful but melodic song. Fully in-line with their best work. These strong and heavy riffs definitively remind me of "DT". Actually, "Riverside" did open a few of their concerts in June and I was hoping they also would do so when "DT" will come and play in Belgium in October, but unfortunately it won't be the case.

"Lucid Dream IV" has nothing to do with a dreamy song. It is a devastating instrumental one. On of their more aggressive side. Totally hypnotic, wild. Fantastic beat.

The opening of "Back To The River" on the contrary sounds almost as a "Porcupine Tree" song. Spacey atmosphere, quiet mood. Piotr will again be very effective on the guitar. The song turns into "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" at 4'37". At the begining, you think : hey, it sounds as "SOYCD", but after a few seconds, no doubt. It IS "SOYCD" (not for long, but still). Rather unexpected.

Even if I am not really into remixes, I have to admit that this "02Panic Room" one works fine. It is more polished, sweeter than the original. Well "converted".

I will rate this EP with three stars since it is a bit short to go higher.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#140172) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 23, 2007

Review by UMUR
4 stars 02 Panic Room is the first single from Riversideīs 2007 album Rapid Eye Movement. Rapid Eye Movement is a really good progressive metal/ rock album and 02 Panic Room is one of the most prolific songs on the album. The original has a main part that reminds me of Depeche Mode while the beautiful ending of the song reminds me a bit about Marillion ( at least the guitar has a very Steve Rothery approach to it).

The single consists of four songs. The first song is the edited single version of 02 Panic Room which is similar to the original just without the Marillion like ending. Itīs still a good song without the ending but I do prefer the original. Lucid Dream IV is a continuation of the instrumental saga which began on the debut from Riverside. Itīs a pretty heavy and nicely structured song. Back to the River is basically a Vehicle for a Piotr Grudzinski guitar solo. Towards the end the guitar riff from Pink Floydīs Shine on You Crazy Diamond is played. I suppose itīs as an ode to one of Riversideīs biggets sources of inspiration. Itīs a very well conceived track. The last song here is a remix version of the edited single version of 02 Panic Room. I know many prog heads hate the word remix but in this case itīs a very succesful version that differs in a good way from the original.

The musicianship is as usual of high quality and likewise with the production.

I very seldom find singles worth purchasing but the two singles released from Rapid Eye Movement have both proved to be very worthy additions to my collection. 02 Panic Room deserves 4 stars IMO, and I will definitely use this one to introduce hostile friends ( and enemies) to Riverside.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#173679) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 12, 2008

Review by Any Colour You Like
4 stars I really do enjoy this little EP, for me, O2 Panic Room represents all that I love about Riverside and the Riverside 'sound'. Consisting of only four tracks, the EP should be a mandatory purchase for any Riverside fan, and even for those who may not have heard this band before.

'O2 Panic Room' begins with an interesting bass line, before an extremely Gilmour-esqe guitar and floaty keyboards carry the song forward. This is a typical Duda composition, featuring philosophical lyrics, melodic vocals and a tangible Floydian aura. 'Lucid Dream IV' is a little heavier, and reminds me of a DT composition. The nice mix of the spacey Riverside sound and interesting technicality ensures that the track doesn't feel too derivative or boring. However, the highlight of the EP for me is the amazing 'Back to the River'. The track begins in a very slow tempo ambient move, before a jam-like section slowly evolves into a Floydian space-out session. Just in case you haven't picked up on the PF connection yet, Riverside breaks into a short cover section of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Finishing off is a remix of 'O2 Panic Room', which contains some nice vocal harmonies, but never really feels as well composed as the original parent track.

This should be an essential purchase for all Riverside and Floyd fans, acting as a succinct guide to the softer side of prog metal.

Send comments to Any Colour You Like (BETA) | Report this review (#269597) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 04, 2010

Review by snobb
4 stars This Riverside EP was released as pre-third band's studio album's teaser. From four songs one only (02 Panic Room) is presented on studio album. You will find there another version of it plus two more songs, possible only as part of this EP.

It's interesting, that worst song on this release is title song, 02 Panic Room. Bombastic, with heavy keyboards, melancholic and almost radio-friendly melody, this song is catchy, but too straightforward and simplistic to be tagged as prog rock. Its different version finishes release, and it is even more polished and electronics-influenced. Almost heavy version of Depeche Mode.

Happily, there are two more songs on this release." Lucid Dream IV" contains heavier drums and real metal guitars. Sound is quite complex and multilayered. Really strong Riverside composition.

"Back To The River" is release's highest point. Even if openly Pink Floyd-influenced, this song is one of great band's moment. Excellent guitar soloing and very PF-ish atmosphere. And the section of Shine On You Crazy Diamond is included in full!

I believe, that band's brightest moment is still on the way (best their album for me is ADHD, 2009), but without doubt on this EP Riverside shows their potential in full.

I think every Riverside fan must have this EP just because of two strong songs you can't find on any album. Alternatively, there exists Limited Edition of 2007 studio album with all this EP's songs as bonuses on separate CD.

My rating is 3,5, rounded to4.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#299267) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 stars (6/10) This pairs the lead single from "Rapid Eye Movement" with a couple of neat extras. There are two versions of "02 Panic Room" available here. The first is what appears with the music video that was made for the song, so it is missing the coda at the end you can hear on the album ("I've trie ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025532) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Friday, August 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars "Army of Me" of prog metal I'm sorry if to some of you this comparison sounds ridiculous. I've been a great Björk fan since my childhood (thanks mommy), so this pounding, simple drum pattern immediately reminded me of her pink album. While "02 Panic Room" is a very good song, this short record ha ... (read more)

Report this review (#314316) | Posted by bartosso | Thursday, November 11, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars SEEMS THAT SOMETHING REAL GOOD IS COMING This is the first single of the forthcoming album RAPID EYE MOVEMENT to be released next month, and contains 4 tracks, being the title song the only one to be included in the full CD. To be honest, the 1st time i listened to "02 Panic Room" (the track ... (read more)

Report this review (#132980) | Posted by FranMuzak | Monday, August 13, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RIVERSIDE "02 Panic Room"