THE FORGOTTEN TALES

Buy BLIND GUARDIAN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1996

1. Mr. Sandman (2:12)
2. Surfin' USA (2:27)
3. Bright Eyes (acoustic version) (4:24)
4. Lord of the Rings (orchestral version) (3:58)
5. The Wizard (3:18)
6. Spread Your Wings (4:15)
7. Mordred's Song (acoustic version) (5:18)
8. Black Chamber (orchestral version) (1:17)
9. The Bard's Song (live) (4:13)
10. Barbara Ann / Long Tall Sally (1:47)
11. A Past and Future Secret (3:49)
12. To France (4:44)
13. Theatre of Pain (orchestral version) (4:15)

Search BLIND GUARDIAN The Forgotten Tales lyrics

Search BLIND GUARDIAN The Forgotten Tales tabs

- Hansi Kürsch / vocals, bass
- André Olbrich / guitars, vocals
- "Magnus" Armin Siepen / guitars, vocals
- Thomen "The Omen" Stauch / drums

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

BLIND GUARDIAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLIND GUARDIAN The Forgotten Tales Music

Forgotten TalesForgotten Tales
Remastered · Extra tracks
Century Media 2009
(DR6) CD Blind Guardian The Forgotten Tales 8416262 13 Tracks USD $14.07 Buy It Now 9h 3m
The Forgotten Tales - Blind Guardian (CD 1996) metal USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Blind Guardian,SEALED CD,Forgotten Tales,3 Bonus Tracks,Reissue,Forgotten Tales USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blind Guardian The forgotten tales - 1996 Victor / JAPAN + OBI USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - THE FORGOTTEN TALES 13tracks, 1996 JAPAN CD W/OBI OOP VICP-5717 USD $17.49 Buy It Now 5 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - THE FORGOTTEN TALES (724384162627) - NEW CD USD $21.72 Buy It Now 6 days
727701825625 Forgotten Tales Us Import by Blind Guardian (2005 MINT FAST POST CD USD $14.06 Buy It Now 6 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - THE FORGOTTEN TALES [GERMAN BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD USD $31.77 Buy It Now 7 days
Blind Guardian - The Forgotten Tales CD - Near Mint USD $11.08 Buy It Now 8 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - THE FORGOTTEN TALES - RMST U.K. IMPORT CD+3 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - THE FORGOTTEN TALES - REMASTERED JAPAN IMPORT CD+5 USD $52.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Blind Guardian - The Forgotten Tales / And then There Was Silence (Agat Rec) Rus USD $23.00 Buy It Now 12 days
BLIND GUARDIAN The Forgotten Tales (CD,1996, Russian pressing) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 15 days
BLIND GUARDIAN / THE FORGOTTEN TALES /JAPAN LTD CD OBI USD $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Blind Guardian - The Forgotten Tales / TH Cassette USD $14.99 Buy It Now 20 days
BLIND GUARDIAN FORGOTTEN TALES +3 BONUS TRACKS NEW RARE OOP (CD, May-2009, CMR) USD $11.00 Buy It Now 21 days
Blind Guardian: The Forgotten Tales CD 2007 Remaster Bonus Tracks CM 8558-2 NEW USD $9.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Blind Guardian : Forgotten Tales [Us Import] CD (2005) USD $12.90 Buy It Now 21 days
BLIND GUARDIAN FORGOTTEN TALES+2 tra JAPAN OBI 2500yen USD $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - THE FORGOTTEN TALES USD $11.00 Buy It Now 26 days
The Forgotten Tales [Bonus Track] by Blind Guardian (CD, Feb-2005, Century... USD $16.99 Buy It Now 27 days
BLIND GUARDIAN THE FORGOTTEN TALES + BONUS TRACKS CD USD $11.50 Buy It Now 30 days

More places to buy BLIND GUARDIAN music online Buy BLIND GUARDIAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLIND GUARDIAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLIND GUARDIAN The Forgotten Tales ratings distribution

BLIND GUARDIAN The Forgotten Tales reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Am very happy to have Blind Guardian featured at this site because as far as I know, some of their albums were truly "prog" albums. My first attempt with the band was through a "provocation" by metal friend, Hengky, who consistently insisted me to give a try with the band's "A Night at The Opera" album. But I found "Nightfall in Middle Earth" album first in the format of cassette produced by PT Aquarius Musikindo (Indonesian label). Yeah! I fully agree with Hengky my friend because this band has something unique with their music and the album has become one of my all-time favorites. It's not because of the "Lord of The Rings" thing but it's more on the unique music these gentlemen in Blind Guardian deliver their music.

"Forgotten Tales" comprises tracks which previously unreleased and it also features cover version of Uriah Heep's "The Wizard" and Queen's "Spread Your Wings". Even though this is not the best album from the band but I do enjoy this one for couple of reasons. First, because I like the music delivered by Blind Guardian. The vocal line by Hansi Kürsch is quite unique - he sings in an operatic style with deep and sometime high register notes backed with a stream of choirs which sometimes remind me to Gentle Giant's choir. Second, it contains excellent interpretation of legend's song like "The Wizard" and "Spread Your Wings" and other cover version. Third, I like the cover artwork of faceless human being (?) which reminds me to the figure of Naszgul from the Lord of The Rings movie.

Overall, this is a very good compilation of good songs that I believe will not dissatisfy you especially if you like power metal music. My best recommendation is for you to start with "Nightfall in Middle Earth" album first because it's a concept album and it's a masterpiece. Just in case you see this CD at local store, grab it! Anyway ... keep on proggin' ..!

Of course .. I will review their albums .... all ....

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#128001) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 09, 2007

Review by UMUR
3 stars The Forgotten Tales is a compilation album by German power metal/ symphonic metal ( often refered to as Teutonic metal) act Blind Guardian. The album was released on the 18th of April 1996. The original release had 13 tracks but the album was Remastered and re-released on the 15th of June 2007 with 3 bonus tracks and 2 bonus videos.

The songs come from different recording sessions and therefore the sound on the different songs vary a bit. You have songs produced by three different producers ( Flemming Rasmussen, Kalle Trapp and Piet Sielck) in addition to the songs the band have produced themselves. The difference in sound is very limited though and certainly not a problem. There are both cover songs of The Beach Boys, The Chordettes, Uriah Heep, Queen, The Regents, Little Richard and Mike Oldfield in addition to re-recorded acoustic and orchestral versions of Blind Guardian tracks. It should be noted that there´s not much metal on this album even though it´s still obvious that Blind Guardian is a metal band. The songs are taken from different single releases and some have appeared as bonus tracks on CD re-releases of the early albums by the band. I´m not sure how many that are exclusive to this compilation but my guess is not many.

The re-arranged/ re-recorded versions of songs like Bright Eyes, Black Chamber, A Past and Future Secret and the instrumental orchestral version of Theatre of Pain are all very succesful to my ears and the live version of Mordred´s Song is also very enjoyable with the audience singing with Hansi Kürsch. The cover songs are all very enjoyable too and it always bring a smile to my face to hear the ending of Surfin´ USA played in speed metal/ power metal mode. It´s actually quite tasteless but sooo enjoyable anyway. The Mike Oldfield song To France also brings joy IMO.

I´m usually a bit indiffent towards cover songs but in this case I actually found lots to enjoy and it´s more evidence of how talented Blind Guardian really is. Their re-arrangements of their own songs are also quite clever and deserves recognition. The Forgotten Tales is of course mostly an album for the fans but a 3.5 star rating is well deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#225624) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 10, 2009

5 stars A GREAT EXAMPLE OF PROGRESSIVE METAL: In my opinion, "The Forgotten Tales" is a compilation that features 13 songs of which 5 are new versions, 1 is live recording, 2 were from singles, 3 are new songs (they are covers). But this does not mean anything. What is important is the fact that "The F ... (read more)

Report this review (#786426) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Wednesday, July 11, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLIND GUARDIAN "The Forgotten Tales"