CHASE

Buy CHASE Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Open Up Wide (3:48)
2. Livin' In Heat (2:54)
3. Hello Groceries (2:56)
4. Handbags and Gladrags (3:23)
5. Get It On (2:59)
6. Boys and Girls Together (2:56)
7. Invitation to a River (14:13)
a) Two Minds Meet

Total time - 33:09

Search CHASE Chase lyrics

Search CHASE Chase tabs

Bill Chase - trumpet
Ted Piercefield - trumpet, lead vocal on "Handbags and Gladrags" and "Boys and Girls Together"
Alan Ware - trumpet
Jerry Van Blair - trumpet, lead vocal on "Hello Groceries"
Phil Porter - keyboards
Dennis Johnson - bass guitar, vocals
Angel South - guitar, vocals
Jay Burrid - percussion
Terry Richards - lead vocals

LP - Epic 30472

Thanks to easy livin for the addition

CHASE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CHASE Chase Music

Vinyl$5.00 (used)
Epic
Vinyl$5.89 (used)
SONY JAPAN 2016

Paul Shortino / Chasing My Dream JAPAN+1 Mad Max Rough Cutt Badd Boyz OOP!!! *T USD $69.99 Buy It Now
Wardell Gray with Dexter Gordon- The Chase CD (1990) Howard McGhee/Art Farmer... USD $4.42 Buy It Now
Randy Sandke - The Chase CD (1995 Jazz, Trumpet) Ray Anderson/Michael Brecker USD $9.41 Buy It Now
SHED SEVEN - CHASING RAINBOWS - 3 TRACK 1996 CD SINGLE USD $2.58 Buy It Now
Chasing Yesterday Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds 2 CD Limited Edition USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Johnny Adams - Chasing Rainbows - The Tan Canary (2-CD) - New Orleans Blues /... USD $12.90 Buy It Now
Various Artists-Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings CD NEW USD $21.17 Buy It Now
yeah yeah yeahs (karen o/nick zinner/brian chase) bang 4 track cd USD $3.88 [0 bids]
NEW Taiwan CD w/OBI MARIT LARSEN (M2M) The Chase 2009 USD $24.49 Buy It Now
NEW Taiwan 2-CD w/BOX+sticker+bonus 10 Track Expanded ADELE 19-Chasing Pavements USD $19.49 Buy It Now
Chase And Status - Brand New Machine - CD Album Damaged Case USD $6.47 Buy It Now
MAGNUM - Chase The Dragon LP Vinyl USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Jane Oliver Chasing Rainbows LP Columbia USD $4.99 Buy It Now
ELLISON CHASE"DO YOU WANT TO MAKE LOVE" 1982 PROMO-HEAR USD $4.00 Buy It Now
BOB DYLAN "KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S DOOR / TURKEY CHASE" 45 USD $3.00 Buy It Now
NEW Taiwan CD+DVD+Live w/BOX JAMES BLUNT Chasing Time Bedlam Sessions USD $26.99 Buy It Now
Garth Brooks - The Chase CD USD $0.99 Buy It Now
NEW After the Chase (Audio CD) USD $32.76 Buy It Now
The Saturdays - Chasing Lights (CD 2009) USD $3.23 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - CHASING SHADOW MEGA RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO SINGLE JAPAN LP NM USD $189.99 Buy It Now
the buddy brennan quartet the chase / big river 7" vinyl single USD $1.28 [0 bids]
ADELE Chasing Pavements LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY USD $64.74 Buy It Now
SNOW PATROL Eyes Open CLASSIC CD Album CHASING-FRAMED!! USD $51.78 Buy It Now
CHASING FURIES : With Abandon : privately owned, pet & smoke free USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Angels & Airwaves Chasing Shadows Vinyl Record AUTOGRAPHED RARE! USD $69.99 Buy It Now
Skull Fist - Chasing The Dream 2014 Music For Nations New/Sealed Heavy Metal USD $10.99 Buy It Now
BLOODHOUND GANG The Ballad of Chase Lain CD USD $3.30 Buy It Now
CHASE MANHATTAN Where I Wanna Be 12" vinyl USD $6.61 Buy It Now
JUDY GARLAND Chasing Rainbows cassette USD $7.71 Buy It Now
KEN DODD I'm Always Chasing Rainbows vinyl LP USD $5.51 Buy It Now
Magnum Chase the Dragon CD UK 1999 Castle ESMCD750 Like New USD $8.00 Buy It Now
MIDI EXPRESS Chase 5 Mix CD USD $6.61 Buy It Now
Eddie Fisher Wedding Bells/A Man Chases a Girl. RCA Victor 20-6015. 78 RPM. USD $9.99 Buy It Now
CINEMATICS Chase CD USD $5.51 Buy It Now
VERY RARE LIMITED ED. 2009 KARMA TO BURN 2CD LIVE IN LONDON & CHASING THE DRAGON USD $84.24 [0 bids]
LOUIS VOSS & HIS ORCHESTRA Paper Chase / Blonde 10" 78 BOSWORTH RECORD BC1295 USD $16.84 Buy It Now
HARRY JAMES & His Orchestra I'm always chasing rainbows 78 PARLOPHONE R3015 USD $16.84 Buy It Now
2 CHEVY CHASE Stickers Cut Vinyl Decal Three Amigos Steve Martin Short USD $8.99 Buy It Now
"RARE" REGGAE.BLUE MOUNTAIN.WILD GOOSE CHASE.U.S.? ORIG 7".EX USD $24.30 Buy It Now
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer-Gary Chase (CD,2000) USD $3.95 Buy It Now
Saturday Night Live Lp Chevy Chase John Belushi Exc USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE LAW The Chase Promo CD USD $4.41 Buy It Now
THE SATURDAYS Chasing Lights CD USD $3.30 Buy It Now
TRANCE ATLANTIC AIR WAVES Chase UK 12" USD $5.51 Buy It Now
MIKE & JOKERS There's Got to Be a Girl / To Tease 45rpm Chase 1963 northern USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Bob Berg~Short Stories~1982 Chase Music Group CML 8004~Don Grolnick~FAST SHIP USD $13.45 Buy It Now
NEW The Chase (Audio CD) USD $22.84 Buy It Now
CHASE RICE CD - IGNITE THE NIGHT (2014) - NEW UNOPENED - COUNTRY USD $14.99 Buy It Now
Chase the Clouds by Keedy (CD, Mar-1991, Arista) USD $4.99 Buy It Now
Horn Rock Funk 45~CHASE~Get It On / River~Epic CLEAN VINYL 7" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9m 16s
Zzah by Zzah (CD, Chase Music Group) USD $8.80 Buy It Now 11m 48s
CHASE BY CHASE SELF TITLED S/T ONEW WAY RECORDS CD MINT USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
13m 47s
NOEL GALLAGHERS High FB's Chasing Yesterday + BONUS OASIS JAPAN CD x2 SICP-4395 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 25m 33s
CHASE AND STATUS Brand New Machine UK 14-tk numbered/watermarked promo test CD USD $7.78 Buy It Now 28m 9s
chevy chase blyth power vinyl USD $1.28 [1 bids]
31m 43s
Grieg: Chasing the Butterfly Audio CD USD $31.67 Buy It Now 43m 27s
BRAD CHASE / FATHER OF LIGHT / SONGS OF LIFE AND WORSHIP / 1998 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 46m 40s
THE ESCAPE FALL - LET'S HOPE THEY HEAR THIS CD You Chase Girls, I Chase Dragons USD $11.66 Buy It Now 47m 38s
DARK BY DESIGN & MCBUNN - CHASING ANGELS - TRANZLATION RECORDS TRANZLATION005 USD $3.88 [0 bids]
SCOTT BEARD don't go chasing rainbows 7" CS EX/EX promo usa USD $9.06 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Paper Chase - Now You Are One Of Us [CD New] USD $14.66 Buy It Now 1h 15m
LYNN CAMERON chasing the moon 7" CS EX/EX demo usa USD $9.06 Buy It Now 1h 15m
MERLE HAGGARD let's chase each other around the room 7" USD $9.06 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Dinah Shore 78 RPM Record "Nobodys Chasing me/My heart cries for you" USD $3.60 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Chase 45 So Many People / Paint It Sad USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Chasing Chimera Audio CD USD $31.13 Buy It Now 1h 40m
LINCOLN CHASE WATCH MY SMOKE/IF I WERE A COUNTRYSIDE DAWN 217 JIM DANDY M- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
BILLY GRAMMER GOTTA TRAVEL ON/CHASING A DREAM MONUMENT 400 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Garth Brooks : The Chase CD (1992) USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Mitch Mcvicker : Chasing the Horizon CD (2001) USD $5.03 Buy It Now 2h 4m
JACKSON BROWNE World in Motion NM Elektra LP Chasing You Into the Light HOW LONG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Chasing The Grail - Fozzy (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.27 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Chase on Vinyl - 33 RPM Epic Records USD $2.00 [0 bids]
More Than A Lot: Deluxe Edition - Chase & Status (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.75 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Jimmy Eat World Chase This Light CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Chase And Status - No More Idols CD Album USD $0.65 [1 bids]
Greg Holden Chase The Sun CD '15 (SEALED) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h
Chasing Shadows - Comsat Angels (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $20.08 Buy It Now 3h 3m
New2xCD (+Adele Chasing Pavements) "Radio 1's Live Lounge Vol.3" +Rihanna/R.E.M. USD $6.48 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Chase the Sun Ep Audio CD USD $16.14 Buy It Now 3h 12m
The Choir - Chase The Kangaroo - CD Album - 1988 - RARE OOP - Shades of Gray USD $36.28 Buy It Now 3h 14m
GAME MUSIC Rockman Battle & Chase VICL-60065/6 CD JAPAN USD $195.86 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Heavy Chase - Spinning In Circles Ep [CD New] USD $9.10 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Swing Kittens - Chasing Winter [CD New] USD $16.53 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Adele ?- Chasing Pavements CD SINGLE VERY RARE STILL SEALED USD $15.51 Buy It Now 4h
Comsat Angels - Chasing Shadows [Vinyl New] USD $22.08 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Breathless Chasing Promises CD USD $9.58 Buy It Now 4h 16m
WLP HAROLD FALTERMEYER FLETCH OST THEME SONG 45 CHEVY CHASE 1985 W/PS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Band Of HM Royal Marines The Chase Post Horn Solo 78 Rpm Gramophone Record USD $9.07 Buy It Now 4h 29m
SHEB WOOLEY THE CHASE 45 RPM MGM LABEL # K12704 IN MINT CONDITION USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Andrew Peterson-Carried Along (CD 2000) The Chasing Song~Matt Rollings USD $0.99 [0 bids]
JUDY WELDEN, CHASING A DREAM COUNTRY POP 17 SONGS, 7 WNT TO USD $11.04 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Bull Riders: Chasing the Dream by Original Soundtrack (CD, Aug-1998, Cold... USD $7.53 Buy It Now 5h 14m
CHASE LP "Chase" 1971 Jazz Rock ORIGINAL EPIC YELLOW LABEL Epic E 30472 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Chase And Status - Brand New Machine - CD Album Damaged Case USD $7.64 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Colossal Club Classix Various CD Lee Marrow Joe Smooth Bass Bumpers Jinny Chase USD $12.20 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds Chasing Yesterday 180gm vinyl LP + CD NEW/SEAL USD $45.73 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Chasing Shadows (CD - Brand New) Grey, Tony USD $28.29 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Est 1970 - Chase - Epic Records - Plays VG+ - VG++ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Chuck Mangione Chase The Clouds Away Shrink VG+ LP USD $3.96 Buy It Now 6h 48m

More places to buy CHASE music online Buy CHASE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CHASE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CHASE Chase ratings distribution

CHASE Chase reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's better than anyone else in BRASS ROCK!

WOW! Many many thanks to colleague collaborator Easy Livin who has added this wonderful band to this site. This band really deserves to be included here even more than Blood Sweat & Tears. Why? It's a very simple reason: take this LP or CD with you and go straight to last track "Invitation toa River" which comprises four parts - it's basically an epic. I'm making the statement not because of there is an epic being featured here, rater, I look at from an angle where the music of this epic is purely prog to the bone! What subject you wanna discuss? Changes in styles? There is a lot of segments in this song that feature changes in style from basic upbeat music with acrobatic trumpet shots played by four brilliant musicians, including Bill Chase (RIP). Complex composition? Oh yes, you can find many complex arrangements right here especially with the stream of four trumpet players blowing very very HIGH register notes augmented beautifully with guitar solo and bass. You will also find that this song is quite unique in terms of instruments used. I rarely find any prog music which elaborates trumpet to deliver the composition. And .. this is NOT just a trumpet but FOUR trumpets working togeter, combining some series of notes intertwined dynamically with trumpet solo. The vocal line is also wonderful.

What coincidence that before I knew that CHASE is already included here, I discussed this band through an interactive discussions with friends in Indonesia through blogging. It was basically trigerred by the time when I was teens, there was cassette format of this album, distributed by recording company in Bandung (Yess). It's a precious cassette for me because I had never heard trumpet being played with VERY HIGH register notes which no one else did before! Bill Chase is great!

Overall, if you enjoy brass rock with prog approach, don't waste your time .. purchase this album!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This is how to use a trumpet! It's been almost three years since the last Chase review which might suggest that they have been forgotten and so, if nothing else, I hope that this review will serve as a friendly remainder of this classic band.

Chase was a band assembled around the talented trumpet player Bill Chase. The band consisted of nine members among which were four trumpeters and at least as many vocalists. This formation might be considered similar to that of Chicago but with a definite emphasis on the trumpet sound that each and every one of these compositions feature prominently. The music on the band-titled debut album is just as experimental as that of the early Chicago but in a condensed form of a 33 minute album, meaning that you'll never get the chance to get tired of this release!

The album starts off with an instrumental introduction piece titled Open Up Wide followed by a side filled with 3 minute songs. Among these tracks we find an excellent cover of Mike d'Abo's (Manfred Mann) Handbags And Gladrags and a minor U.S. hit titled Get It On which ends with a quite surprising twist! Still it's the slightly more experimental lengthy piece called Invitation To A River that just might hit it off even with listeners that generally doesn't enjoy pure Jazz Rock/Fusion music.

I realize that my comparisons to Chicago might seem as criticism which in fact isn't so at all. These bands probably did compete for the same audience back in the day, but just like the golden age of prog where a lot of power trio lineups tried to simulate the magic of ELP, today I can only smile whenever I hear similarities between artists from that era. Incidentally, this album was recorded in Chicago, Illinois which makes it all even more fun!

The main flaw of this album has to do with the great variety of vocalists featured in the lineup. Unlike Chicago where the main composer Robert Lamm sang the majority of the songs, the great differences between the vocal styles here makes it sometimes difficult to get a feel for the band. Luckily we have the trumpets to remind us of just that. This is an excellent piece of the early '70s U.S. Jazz Rock/Fusion scene well worth digging into!

***** star songs: Handbags And Gladrags (3:24) Get It On (2:59)

**** star songs: Open Up Wide (3:48) Livin' In Heat (2:54) Boys And Girls Together (2:51) Invitation To A River (14:12)

*** star songs: Hello Groceries (2:57)

3 stars FOUR TRUMPETS ARE ENOUGH, DARLING!* Firstly: I like jazz rock and fusion. Bands or artists like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Blood Sweat & Tears, Billy Cobham, Colosseum or Flamengo (Czech super group) makes me quite hot. I like jazz combos - quartets, quintets etc. I like big bands too, but this mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#281138) | Posted by Gandalff | Sunday, May 9, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Hello Groceries! It's a crying shame that I only own this album as a hand-me-down from my father in Audio-Cassette form. Even in its inconvenient to listen to form, I find a certain magic each time I listen. (Perhaps I fear the tape breaking, and only being left with memories of one of the gre ... (read more)

Report this review (#135807) | Posted by Inverted | Saturday, September 1, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CHASE "Chase"