CHASE

Buy CHASE Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Open Up Wide (3:48)
2. Livin' In Heat (2:54)
3. Hello Groceries (2:56)
4. Handbags and Gladrags (3:23)
5. Get It On (2:59)
6. Boys and Girls Together (2:56)
7. Invitation to a River (14:13)
a) Two Minds Meet

Total time - 33:09

Search CHASE Chase lyrics

Search CHASE Chase tabs

Bill Chase - trumpet
Ted Piercefield - trumpet, lead vocal on "Handbags and Gladrags" and "Boys and Girls Together"
Alan Ware - trumpet
Jerry Van Blair - trumpet, lead vocal on "Hello Groceries"
Phil Porter - keyboards
Dennis Johnson - bass guitar, vocals
Angel South - guitar, vocals
Jay Burrid - percussion
Terry Richards - lead vocals

LP - Epic 30472

Thanks to easy livin for the addition

CHASE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CHASE Chase Music

Vinyl$256.80
Chase / Ennea / Pure MusicChase / Ennea / Pure Music
Wounded Bird Records 2008
SONY JAPAN 2016

JANE OLIVOR Chasing Rainbows COLUMBIA LP '77 OG Pop Music Hall Ballad USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Frank, Chase Midnight Manor CD 2008 VG USD $3.30 Buy It Now
SHEB WOOLEY-MGM 12704 ROCKABILLY 45RPM MONKEY JIVE B/W THE CHASE USD $9.95 Buy It Now
Billy Grammer on Monument-Gotta Travel On/Chasing A Dream USD $1.99 Buy It Now
(EK457) Highfields, The Chase (Oh Lord!) - CD USD $3.88 Buy It Now
Chasing Blue - Low Valley [New CD] USD $15.53 Buy It Now
MAGNUM chase the dragon WKFMLP 112 german fm 1988 LP PS VG/EX USD $11.67 Buy It Now
THE CAMELOTS THE CHASE/PARTS 1 & 2 COMET 2150 M- USD $14.99 Buy It Now
After the Chase USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Aaron Chase - Let It Love 12" Mint- DM002 House 2006 Vinyl Record USD $10.00 Buy It Now
VALENTINA LISITSA - CHASING PIANOS-THE PIANO MUSIC OF MICHAEL NYMAN CD NEW+ USD $24.44 Buy It Now
Rock 45 The Buddy Brennan Quartet - Big River / The Chase On Warwick USD $3.00 Buy It Now
With Abandon by Chasing Furies CD USD $3.92 Buy It Now
CHASE WEBSTER " LIFE CAN HAVE MEANING " RARE 7" HICKORY PROMO EXCELLENT USD $9.07 Buy It Now
Chase Rice - Ignite The Night [CD New SEALED BUT CASE CRACKED A9 USD $10.12 Buy It Now
1971 STEREO ROCK LP - CHASE - EPIC 30472 - "CHASE" USD $10.00 Buy It Now
THE CHASE by Garth Brooks (CD, Sep-1992, Capitol Nashville) PROMO USD $2.99 Buy It Now 14m 42s
Delta Rae- Chasing Twisters- CD Single USD $6.99 Buy It Now 40m 52s
JAMES BLUNT - Chasing Time: The Bedlam Sessions - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $11.49 Buy It Now 1h 32m
JAMES BLUNT - Chasing Time: The Bedlam Sessions - CD ** Brand New ** USD $35.95 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Jojo'S Bizarre Adventure Diamond Is Not Broken New Opening Theme Chase USD $18.15 Buy It Now 1h 40m
BILLCUNNINGHAM *I'M ALWAYS CHASING RAINBOWS * 1962 * RARE USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Columbia A2557 I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - I Wonder What They're Doing Tonight USD $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 51m
BRAND NEW Chase the Sun by The O.C. Supertones Orange County (CD, Feb-1999) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Chasing the Sun by Safe Haven (CD, Sep-2014, Jeff Jackson) Brand New! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
RICHARD DIMPLES FIELDS "DON'T EVER STOP CHASING YOUR DREAMS / PART 2" 45 MINT USD $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Pusherman-Chase It CD Single New USD $11.29 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Skull Fist - Chasing the Dream + 2 bonus tracks JAPAN Edition USD $26.09 Buy It Now 2h 48m
You Deserve An Island - Chase Huglin Compact Disc USD $15.65 Buy It Now 3h 19m
FAT JOE & HUEY DUNBAR Chasing Papi RARE Radio Edit DJ PROMO CD 2003 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
X-MOB - Paper Chasing - CD ** Brand New ** USD $45.75 Buy It Now 3h 24m
X-MOB - Paper Chasing - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $42.49 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Chase Martin, Mother Maybelle - Mono/Stereo, Granite Records G-501 Promo USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
ASSOCIATES - Glamour Chase / Perhaps - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $86.95 Buy It Now 3h 37m
PARENTAL ADVISORY - Straight No Chase - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $26.49 Buy It Now 3h 37m
PARENTAL ADVISORY - Straight No Chase - CD ** Brand New ** USD $58.49 Buy It Now 3h 37m
INDIGENOUS - Chasing The Sun - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $14.75 Buy It Now 3h 56m
INDIGENOUS - Chasing The Sun - CD ** Brand New ** USD $15.75 Buy It Now 4h
David White, David White Jazz Or, The Chase, Very Good USD $4.92 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Garth Brooks - The Chase - [1992] [full artwork] USD $3.25 Buy It Now 4h 19m
KQV - Pittsburgh - Radio Show w/ Todd Chase 8/16/1968 USD $9.50 Buy It Now 4h 33m
CD PRESENTING KEN DODD I'M ALWAYS CHASING RAINBOWS GREEN LEAVES OF SUMMER ETC USD $5.18 Buy It Now 4h 42m
CD JUDY GARLAND CHASING RAINBOWS YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU USD $6.48 Buy It Now 4h 42m
JOHN WETTON - Live: Chasing the Dragon - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $18.95 Buy It Now 4h 45m
JOHN WETTON - Live: Chasing the Dragon - CD ** Brand New ** USD $29.75 Buy It Now 4h 45m
CHASING VICTORY "I Call This Abandonment" CD USD $0.73 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Lydia Sylvia - Chasing the Ghost [New CD] USD $12.83 Buy It Now 4h 58m
PAPER CHASE - Now You Are One of Us - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $15.75 Buy It Now 5h 2m
CHASE & RU - Switched on Beatles: Synthesizer Realizations of The Beatles Greate USD $17.75 Buy It Now 5h 7m
CHASE & RU - Switched on Beatles: Synthesizer Realizations of The Beatles Greate USD $11.49 Buy It Now 5h 8m
"Chasing My Tail" Geoff Achison *SIGNED, LIKE NEW* CD USD $21.69 Buy It Now 5h 11m
CHASE & STATUS - BRAND NEW MACHINE * NEW CD USD $5.47 Buy It Now 5h 16m
SNOW PATROL - Chasing Cars - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $44.95 Buy It Now 5h 37m
SNOW PATROL - Chasing Cars - CD ** Brand New ** USD $107.95 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Carol Chase LP "Sexy Songs" USD $6.48 [0 bids]
The Midnight Chase * by Crucified Barbara (CD, Jul-2012, Nuclear Blast (USA)) USD $18.74 Buy It Now 5h 45m
GARTH BROOKS - The Chase (CD, Sep-1992, Capitol Nashville) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Chasing February Plastic Lollipop & The Fictitious Delici CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
De bos- chase ep, excellent condition 12" vinyl USD $4.54 Buy It Now 5h 52m
VARIOUS ARTISTS - Chasing Papi - CD ** Brand New ** USD $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 58m
SHED SEVEN - GOING FOR GOLD - GREATEST HITS CD - CHASING RAINBOWS / DISCO DOWN + USD $1.93 [0 bids]
JEREMIAH - Chasing Forever - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $14.75 Buy It Now 6h 25m
SNOW PATROL - Chasing Cars - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $45.75 Buy It Now 6h 26m
SNOW PATROL - Chasing Cars - CD ** Brand New ** USD $61.75 Buy It Now 6h 26m
JEREMIAH - Chasing Forever - CD ** Brand New ** USD $15.95 Buy It Now 6h 26m
GARTH BROOKS - The Chase - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $9.49 Buy It Now 6h 43m
GARTH BROOKS - The Chase - CD ** Brand New ** USD $9.75 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Lot Of 3 Garth Brooks New / Used Cassettes The Hits - No Fences - The Chase USD $20.58 Buy It Now 6h 44m
PAN AMERICAN - FOR WAITING,FOR CHASING CD NEW+ USD $25.11 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Smokie ?- Chasing Shadows 1992 USD $299.00 Buy It Now 7h 19m
BUBBLEGUM CRISIS 8SCOOP CHASE Japanese ANIME CD USD $33.60 Buy It Now 7h 27m
NEW RIVER LINE - Chasing My Dreams - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $11.49 Buy It Now 7h 39m
NEW RIVER LINE - Chasing My Dreams - CD ** Brand New ** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 7h 39m
JOHN WETTON Chasing The Dragon VQCB-70012 CD JAPAN 2010 NEW USD $74.06 Buy It Now 7h 53m
Chase & Status - Time (Universal Promo Remixes) USD $16.86 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Fozzy - Chasing The Grail USD $7.79 Buy It Now 8h 28m
GENERATION DUBSTEP - 2 X UNMIXED CDS CD CDJ DJ PRODIGY CHASE & STATUS LA ROUX USD $6.15 Buy It Now 8h 34m
NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS - CHASING YESTERDAY (BRAND NEW CD) USD $9.98 Buy It Now 8h 48m
Gemma Hayes ?- Chasing - UK 2 Track Promo 2014 USD $2.58 Buy It Now 8h 58m
RAFAEL TORAL - Chasing Sonic Booms - CD ** Brand New ** USD $90.75 Buy It Now 9h 19m
RAFAEL TORAL - Chasing Sonic Booms - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $22.95 Buy It Now 9h 19m
TAKAMI Taito Chase H.Q. / Special Criminal Investigation TOCT-6113 CD JAPAN 1991 USD $108.46 Buy It Now 9h 20m
ADELE Chasing Pavements LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY USD $64.84 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Barry Manilow Goldie Hawn Chevy Chase (si) Sweden 1975 VG++/VG++ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 9h 34m
CHASE RICE IGNITE THE NIGHT (2014) BRAND NEW SEALED COUNTRY MUSIC CD USD $18.73 Buy It Now 9h 59m
Freya - Chasing My Tale - Japan CD - 11Tracks USD $11.90 Buy It Now 10h 21m
DOROTHY SHAY CD Vintage Vocal Jazz / Broadway Ditties , Nobody's Chasing Me .... USD $11.99 Buy It Now 10h 30m
HOWARD JONES 7" record picture sleeve NO ONE IS TO BLAME/THE CHASE jukebox ready USD $4.67 Buy It Now 10h 38m
DERILL, Myk - Chasing EP - Vinyl (marbled vinyl 12") USD $15.30 Buy It Now 11h 8m
SHANNON LAWSON Chase The Sun CD USD $0.99 Buy It Now 11h 31m
Ellison Chase Let's Rock 7" Big Tree BT16072 EX 1976 US pressing, demo, Let's R USD $8.42 Buy It Now 11h 33m
Ellison Chase Let's Rock 7" Philips 6078850 EX 1978 there is punch hole in labe USD $13.63 Buy It Now 11h 33m
Susan Chase I Didn't Really Think It Mattered 7" Polydor 2058 122 EX 1971 I Did USD $27.26 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Jewel - Chasing Down the Dawn - Jewel CD OPVG USD $7.64 Buy It Now 11h 49m
HONDO MACLEAN 2 EXCELLENT CDS PLANS FOR A BETTER DAY CHASING ANGELS EP USD $5.18 [0 bids]
Hamblin, Chase - A Fine Time CD EP - Hamblin, Chase CD Z8VG USD $6.04 Buy It Now 12h 11m
CHASE 7" PS Japan GET IT ON x9623 USD $5.80 Buy It Now 12h 28m
CHASE AND STATUS - rare UK live music show tour concert / gig poster - oct 2011 USD $6.48 [0 bids]
ADELE - CHASING PAVEMENTS / THAT'S IT, I QUIT I'M MOVING ON 2008 XLS321CD ADKINS USD $12.97 Buy It Now 12h 50m
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday (NEW 12" VINYL LP) USD $27.25 Buy It Now 12h 54m

More places to buy CHASE music online Buy CHASE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CHASE Chase ratings distribution

CHASE Chase reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's better than anyone else in BRASS ROCK!

WOW! Many many thanks to colleague collaborator Easy Livin who has added this wonderful band to this site. This band really deserves to be included here even more than Blood Sweat & Tears. Why? It's a very simple reason: take this LP or CD with you and go straight to last track "Invitation toa River" which comprises four parts - it's basically an epic. I'm making the statement not because of there is an epic being featured here, rater, I look at from an angle where the music of this epic is purely prog to the bone! What subject you wanna discuss? Changes in styles? There is a lot of segments in this song that feature changes in style from basic upbeat music with acrobatic trumpet shots played by four brilliant musicians, including Bill Chase (RIP). Complex composition? Oh yes, you can find many complex arrangements right here especially with the stream of four trumpet players blowing very very HIGH register notes augmented beautifully with guitar solo and bass. You will also find that this song is quite unique in terms of instruments used. I rarely find any prog music which elaborates trumpet to deliver the composition. And .. this is NOT just a trumpet but FOUR trumpets working togeter, combining some series of notes intertwined dynamically with trumpet solo. The vocal line is also wonderful.

What coincidence that before I knew that CHASE is already included here, I discussed this band through an interactive discussions with friends in Indonesia through blogging. It was basically trigerred by the time when I was teens, there was cassette format of this album, distributed by recording company in Bandung (Yess). It's a precious cassette for me because I had never heard trumpet being played with VERY HIGH register notes which no one else did before! Bill Chase is great!

Overall, if you enjoy brass rock with prog approach, don't waste your time .. purchase this album!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This is how to use a trumpet! It's been almost three years since the last Chase review which might suggest that they have been forgotten and so, if nothing else, I hope that this review will serve as a friendly remainder of this classic band.

Chase was a band assembled around the talented trumpet player Bill Chase. The band consisted of nine members among which were four trumpeters and at least as many vocalists. This formation might be considered similar to that of Chicago but with a definite emphasis on the trumpet sound that each and every one of these compositions feature prominently. The music on the band-titled debut album is just as experimental as that of the early Chicago but in a condensed form of a 33 minute album, meaning that you'll never get the chance to get tired of this release!

The album starts off with an instrumental introduction piece titled Open Up Wide followed by a side filled with 3 minute songs. Among these tracks we find an excellent cover of Mike d'Abo's (Manfred Mann) Handbags And Gladrags and a minor U.S. hit titled Get It On which ends with a quite surprising twist! Still it's the slightly more experimental lengthy piece called Invitation To A River that just might hit it off even with listeners that generally doesn't enjoy pure Jazz Rock/Fusion music.

I realize that my comparisons to Chicago might seem as criticism which in fact isn't so at all. These bands probably did compete for the same audience back in the day, but just like the golden age of prog where a lot of power trio lineups tried to simulate the magic of ELP, today I can only smile whenever I hear similarities between artists from that era. Incidentally, this album was recorded in Chicago, Illinois which makes it all even more fun!

The main flaw of this album has to do with the great variety of vocalists featured in the lineup. Unlike Chicago where the main composer Robert Lamm sang the majority of the songs, the great differences between the vocal styles here makes it sometimes difficult to get a feel for the band. Luckily we have the trumpets to remind us of just that. This is an excellent piece of the early '70s U.S. Jazz Rock/Fusion scene well worth digging into!

***** star songs: Handbags And Gladrags (3:24) Get It On (2:59)

**** star songs: Open Up Wide (3:48) Livin' In Heat (2:54) Boys And Girls Together (2:51) Invitation To A River (14:12)

*** star songs: Hello Groceries (2:57)

3 stars FOUR TRUMPETS ARE ENOUGH, DARLING!* Firstly: I like jazz rock and fusion. Bands or artists like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Blood Sweat & Tears, Billy Cobham, Colosseum or Flamengo (Czech super group) makes me quite hot. I like jazz combos - quartets, quintets etc. I like big bands too, but this mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#281138) | Posted by Gandalff | Sunday, May 9, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Hello Groceries! It's a crying shame that I only own this album as a hand-me-down from my father in Audio-Cassette form. Even in its inconvenient to listen to form, I find a certain magic each time I listen. (Perhaps I fear the tape breaking, and only being left with memories of one of the gre ... (read more)

Report this review (#135807) | Posted by Inverted | Saturday, September 1, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CHASE "Chase"