CHASE

Buy CHASE Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Open Up Wide (3:48)
2. Livin' In Heat (2:54)
3. Hello Groceries (2:56)
4. Handbags and Gladrags (3:23)
5. Get It On (2:59)
6. Boys and Girls Together (2:56)
7. Invitation to a River (14:13)
a) Two Minds Meet

Total time - 33:09

Search CHASE Chase lyrics

Search CHASE Chase tabs

Bill Chase - trumpet
Ted Piercefield - trumpet, lead vocal on "Handbags and Gladrags" and "Boys and Girls Together"
Alan Ware - trumpet
Jerry Van Blair - trumpet, lead vocal on "Hello Groceries"
Phil Porter - keyboards
Dennis Johnson - bass guitar, vocals
Angel South - guitar, vocals
Jay Burrid - percussion
Terry Richards - lead vocals

LP - Epic 30472

Thanks to easy livin for the addition

CHASE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CHASE Chase Music

Epic Japan 2003
SONY JAPAN 2016

PLANETFUNK - CHASE THE SUN - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $5.26 Buy It Now
NEW Chasing the New Moon (Audio CD) USD $27.32 Buy It Now
CHASE WEBSTER~ MOODY RIVER~ THE DREAMER~ SOUTHERN SOUND ~POPCORN~ R USD $19.99 Buy It Now
JIMMY EAT WORLD Chase This Light UICS-9088/9 CD JAPAN 2008 NEW USD $162.07 Buy It Now
Ancara - Chasing Shadows (2009) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $6.42 Buy It Now
Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds Chasing Yesterday Japan LTD 2CD SICP-4395 OBI USD $36.26 Buy It Now
Chasing Furies : With Abandon CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now
GENE NORMAN PRESENTS THE CHASE AND THE STEEPLECHASE-ST Rare Japan LP w/OBI USD $24.99 Buy It Now
Always Chasing Rainbows [ASV/Living Era] by Judy Garland (CD, Jul-1992,... USD $15.00 Buy It Now
DEXTER GORDON & WARDELL GRAY The Chase Parts 1 & 2 Dial 10" 78 rpm VG++ USD $40.00 Buy It Now
Chase Bliss Audio FAVES Presets MIDI Controller USD $79.00 Buy It Now
AI JING Chasing The Moon SRCS-8068 CD JAPAN 1996 NEW USD $150.14 Buy It Now
LOT OF TWO STEEPLE CHASE JAZZ ALBUMS USD $14.99 Buy It Now
MODERN SOUL DISCO 45/ FUNKHOUSE EXPRESS "CHASE YOUR BLUES AWAY" NEAR MINT HEAR USD $20.00 Buy It Now 13s
Lindsey Dukes - Chasing the Moon [New CD] Professionally Duplicated CD USD $10.03 Buy It Now 5m 42s
Tommy Chase - Hard [New CD] UK - Import USD $8.86 Buy It Now 6m 58s
Chasing Lights, The Saturdays, Very Good CD USD $2.49 Buy It Now 16m 57s
Mike Coykendall-Chasing Away The Dots CD NEW USD $16.31 Buy It Now 21m 49s
Chris Thayer - Chasing Venus [New CD] USD $13.87 Buy It Now 27m 13s
Chase & Status ?- Ghost Town USD $7.90 Buy It Now 28m 30s
MIKE AND THE JOKERS 45 RPM ON CHASE RECORDS 6000 SOUL POPCORN USD $2.40 [3 bids]
28m 48s
Chase & Status ?- Time (Promo CD) USD $6.58 Buy It Now 29m 23s
Chase, The by Garth Brooks (CD, Sep-1992, Capitol Nashville) USD $4.75 Buy It Now 36m 23s
NICOLAS COURTIN ASTEROIDES E MAILLOVE II / ASTEROIDES / MANY PEOPLE / THE CHASE USD $6.58 [0 bids]
38m 32s
Wiley - Chasing The Art - UK 2 Track Acetate Promo 2015 USD $2.74 Buy It Now 56m 17s
New: Red Tail Chasing Hawks: Brother Hawk Audio CD USD $7.75 Buy It Now 58m 58s
45rpm HAGGARD,Merle You Nearly Lose Your Mind/Let's Chase Eachother Vinyl Record USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Gemma Hayes ?- Chasing - UK 2 Track Promo 2014 USD $2.62 Buy It Now 1h 6m
50'S Decca Nos 45 Evelyn Knight - I Am Loved / Nobody'S Chasing Me On Decca USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
New: Brooks, Garth: The Chase Audio Cassette USD $7.26 Buy It Now 1h 19m
batta Chase JAPAN CD JoJo Diamond USD $11.50 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Judy Garland : I'm always chasing rainbows CD USD $1.32 [0 bids]
The Paper Chase ?- Now You Are One Of Us (Very rare promo CD, 2006) USD $2.62 [0 bids]
Chasing Lights, The Saturdays, Very Good CD USD $2.49 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Brisa Roche - Chase [New CD] USD $14.79 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Saturday Night Live -Ackroyd/Belushi/Chase/Curtin etc...US Press -Free UK Post USD $13.98 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Chase self titled lp album Epic ,33rpm Jazz Rock USD $2.75 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
Ostinato Chasing The Form (CD, Exile On Mainstream Records) New Unsealed USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
SHED SEVEN CD SINGLE - CHASING RAINBOWS USD $1.31 Buy It Now 2h 33m
[REGGAE]~[VARIOUS ARTISTS]~SEALED LP~NATTY CHASE THE BARBER~Al Campbell~Sluggy~R USD $8.97 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Jon Hicks Chasing the Bear CD Celtic Tall Tree Records USD $8.74 Buy It Now 2h 37m
The Saturdays - Chasing Lights and Headlines (2 cds) USD $1.31 [0 bids]
Craig Douglas - Go Chase A Moonbeam 7" Single 1958 USD $13.85 Buy It Now 2h 42m
CHUCK MANGIONE / CHASE THE CLOUDS AWAY, SP-4518, 1975 A&M, VG+/VG+ USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Kelly Bell Band : Chasing The Sun CD USD $5.01 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Shadows Chasing Ghosts - Never Get A Wolfs Attention CD Very Rare EP USD $13.18 Buy It Now 3h 2m
ADELE - CHASING PAVEMENTS / THAT'S IT, I QUIT I'M MOVING ON 2008 XLS321CD ADKINS USD $13.18 Buy It Now 3h 29m
IS THIS ART? - CHASING DAYS NEW CD USD $14.25 Buy It Now 3h 30m
IS THIS ART? - CHASING DAYS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $12.69 Buy It Now 3h 37m
THE AMITY AFFLICTION - CHASING GHOSTS [PA] NEW CD USD $11.78 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Dylan, Bob - Knockin' On Heaven's Door/Turkey Chase (45,1973) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Carol Chase LP "Sexy Songs" USD $6.58 [0 bids]
Vertavo String Quart - Broken Line / Navigo / Nicht / Chase [New CD] USD $14.12 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Audio CD Chasing My Dream - Grandaddy Souf - Free Shipping USD $5.94 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Chasing Victory, I Call This Abandonment Sticker USD $2.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Hawkwind - Space Chase 1980-1985 [New CD] USD $24.90 Buy It Now 4h 16m
After the Chase - You Are My Child [New CD] USD $28.26 Buy It Now 4h 16m
CHASE WEBSTER SWEETHEARTS IN HEAVEN/SAME DOT 16270 M- USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Chasing Layne - Sin & Regret [New CD] USD $23.79 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Sam Chase - Every Time I'm Home [New CD] USD $19.32 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Aside From A Day - Chasing Shadows [New CD] USD $6.82 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Jeffrey Milarsky, Op - Chases Cattle Calls & Charts [New CD] USD $17.65 Buy It Now 4h 30m
The Saturdays - Chasing Lights CD USD $0.26 [0 bids]
Chasing Butterflies - Eddie & Frank Thomas (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.35 Buy It Now 4h 45m
AREA CODE 615: Stone Fox Chase / Mono 45 (dj, clean VG, Ultimate Beats USD $45.00 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Don Cox-All Over Town- Chase The Moon Unplayed 45rpm USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
1966 THE CHASE MOVIE RADIO SPOT RECORD MARLON BRANDO USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 56m
(FQ187) Colour Shop, Chasing Life - 2014 DJ CD USD $2.62 Buy It Now 5h
BONNELL,MEGAN-HUNT AND CHASE CD NEW USD $12.80 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Chase the Clouds by Keedy (CD, 1991) Sealed LONGBOX USD $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Jiles Band - Chasing Demons [New CD] USD $11.98 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Chase Sanford-Honky Tonk Reject CD NEW USD $16.76 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Shadows Chasing Ghosts - Lessons (2012) CD - New & Sealed USD $7.77 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Audio CD Chase The Sun - Shannon Lawson - Free Shipping USD $4.48 Buy It Now 6h
Con Funk Shun - Chase Me / I Think I Found The Answer 7" VG+ 74059 Funk 45 1979 USD $4.80 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Brisa Roche - Chase [New CD] USD $13.01 Buy It Now 6h 7m
ROCKABILLY REPRO: THE FABULIERS - The Night Belongs To You CHASE - FANTASTIC! USD $10.95 Buy It Now 6h 11m
(CH973) Clare Teal, Chasing Cars - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.36 Buy It Now 6h 17m
(EK765) Steve larkman, Chasing Rainbows - 2006 DJ CD USD $3.36 Buy It Now 6h 22m
(271S) The Law, The Chase - DJ CD USD $2.62 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Underoath Chasing Safety/Define the Great Line Vinyl Sealed Mint USD $81.50 [7 bids]
Bryant Chase - Better Off to Be Me [New CD] USD $6.75 Buy It Now 7h 6m
SNOOZE Chase EP 12" VINYL Belgian Ssr 1995 5 Track Featuring Before Sunrise USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 14m
ROGER DAVIES & HIS BAND Chasing The Sun CD UK Roger Davies 2017 1 Track CD USD $4.73 Buy It Now 7h 16m
ANIMALHOUSE Ready To Receive CD UK Boiler House 2000 3 Track Part 1 B/W Chase USD $8.57 Buy It Now 7h 17m
ALEX PARKS Cry CD European Polydor 2004 2 Track B/W Chasing The Blue (9816985) USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 17m
CINEMATICS Chase CD UK Tvt 2005 1 Track Edit Version Promo In Card Sleeve USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 17m
HOOCH Shake Your Backside In My Face CD UK Chase 1996 6 Track Metro 7" Clean USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 17m
(BW599) Finlay Morton, Chasing The American Dream - DJ CD USD $3.36 Buy It Now 7h 18m
NEW - Chasing Daylight by Sister Hazel (CD, Feb-2003, Sixthman Records) SEALED USD $7.49 Buy It Now 7h 19m
TED MARTIN Honey b/w I'm Always Chasing Rainbows 78 rpm Vinyl VG De Luxe 1006 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 7h 34m
SOS ALL STARS New York Rendezvous LP VINYL US Chase 1987 7 Track But Sleeve Has USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 40m
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) Chase The Dragon LP VINYL UK Jet 1982 8 Track Small USD $14.49 Buy It Now 7h 40m
CHARLIE ROUSE AND PAUL QUINCHETTE Chase Is On LP VINYL UK Affinity 1986 8 Track USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 40m
Chase ?- Pure Music CD WITH OBI JEWEL CASE USD $14.95 Buy It Now 7h 45m
HEYDAY (GARAGE ROCK) Cry To The Moon 7" VINYL UK Heyday 1988 B/W Chase The Fire USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 48m
HOWARD JONES No One Is To Blame 7" VINYL UK Wea 1986 B/W Chase (How9) Pic Sleeve USD $2.76 Buy It Now 7h 49m
LORRAINE CHASE It's Nice 'ere Innit 7" VINYL UK Emi 1979 Demo B/W Is It Right USD $6.58 Buy It Now 7h 49m
JAZZ DEVILS Out Of The Dark 7" VINYL UK Virgin 1989 B/W Chase The Blues USD $4.14 Buy It Now 7h 49m
(CD) Garth Brooks - The Chase (1992) USD $6.47 Buy It Now 7h 53m

More places to buy CHASE music online Buy CHASE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CHASE Chase ratings distribution

CHASE Chase reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's better than anyone else in BRASS ROCK!

WOW! Many many thanks to colleague collaborator Easy Livin who has added this wonderful band to this site. This band really deserves to be included here even more than Blood Sweat & Tears. Why? It's a very simple reason: take this LP or CD with you and go straight to last track "Invitation toa River" which comprises four parts - it's basically an epic. I'm making the statement not because of there is an epic being featured here, rater, I look at from an angle where the music of this epic is purely prog to the bone! What subject you wanna discuss? Changes in styles? There is a lot of segments in this song that feature changes in style from basic upbeat music with acrobatic trumpet shots played by four brilliant musicians, including Bill Chase (RIP). Complex composition? Oh yes, you can find many complex arrangements right here especially with the stream of four trumpet players blowing very very HIGH register notes augmented beautifully with guitar solo and bass. You will also find that this song is quite unique in terms of instruments used. I rarely find any prog music which elaborates trumpet to deliver the composition. And .. this is NOT just a trumpet but FOUR trumpets working togeter, combining some series of notes intertwined dynamically with trumpet solo. The vocal line is also wonderful.

What coincidence that before I knew that CHASE is already included here, I discussed this band through an interactive discussions with friends in Indonesia through blogging. It was basically trigerred by the time when I was teens, there was cassette format of this album, distributed by recording company in Bandung (Yess). It's a precious cassette for me because I had never heard trumpet being played with VERY HIGH register notes which no one else did before! Bill Chase is great!

Overall, if you enjoy brass rock with prog approach, don't waste your time .. purchase this album!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars This is how to use a trumpet! It's been almost three years since the last Chase review which might suggest that they have been forgotten and so, if nothing else, I hope that this review will serve as a friendly remainder of this classic band.

Chase was a band assembled around the talented trumpet player Bill Chase. The band consisted of nine members among which were four trumpeters and at least as many vocalists. This formation might be considered similar to that of Chicago but with a definite emphasis on the trumpet sound that each and every one of these compositions feature prominently. The music on the band-titled debut album is just as experimental as that of the early Chicago but in a condensed form of a 33 minute album, meaning that you'll never get the chance to get tired of this release!

The album starts off with an instrumental introduction piece titled Open Up Wide followed by a side filled with 3 minute songs. Among these tracks we find an excellent cover of Mike d'Abo's (Manfred Mann) Handbags And Gladrags and a minor U.S. hit titled Get It On which ends with a quite surprising twist! Still it's the slightly more experimental lengthy piece called Invitation To A River that just might hit it off even with listeners that generally doesn't enjoy pure Jazz Rock/Fusion music.

I realize that my comparisons to Chicago might seem as criticism which in fact isn't so at all. These bands probably did compete for the same audience back in the day, but just like the golden age of prog where a lot of power trio lineups tried to simulate the magic of ELP, today I can only smile whenever I hear similarities between artists from that era. Incidentally, this album was recorded in Chicago, Illinois which makes it all even more fun!

The main flaw of this album has to do with the great variety of vocalists featured in the lineup. Unlike Chicago where the main composer Robert Lamm sang the majority of the songs, the great differences between the vocal styles here makes it sometimes difficult to get a feel for the band. Luckily we have the trumpets to remind us of just that. This is an excellent piece of the early '70s U.S. Jazz Rock/Fusion scene well worth digging into!

***** star songs: Handbags And Gladrags (3:24) Get It On (2:59)

**** star songs: Open Up Wide (3:48) Livin' In Heat (2:54) Boys And Girls Together (2:51) Invitation To A River (14:12)

*** star songs: Hello Groceries (2:57)

3 stars FOUR TRUMPETS ARE ENOUGH, DARLING!* Firstly: I like jazz rock and fusion. Bands or artists like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Blood Sweat & Tears, Billy Cobham, Colosseum or Flamengo (Czech super group) makes me quite hot. I like jazz combos - quartets, quintets etc. I like big bands too, but this mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#281138) | Posted by Gandalff | Sunday, May 9, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Hello Groceries! It's a crying shame that I only own this album as a hand-me-down from my father in Audio-Cassette form. Even in its inconvenient to listen to form, I find a certain magic each time I listen. (Perhaps I fear the tape breaking, and only being left with memories of one of the gre ... (read more)

Report this review (#135807) | Posted by Inverted | Saturday, September 1, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CHASE "Chase"