THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION

The Who The Ultimate Collection album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2002

DISC ONE:
1. I Can't Explain (2:05)
2. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2:41)
3. My Generation (3:19)
4. The Kids Are Alright (2:46)
5. A Legal Matter (2:48)
6. Substitute (3:48)
7. I'm A Boy (2:37)
8. Boris The Spider (2:28)
9. Happy Jack (2:11)
10. Pictures of Lily (2:45)
11. I Can See For Miles (4:07)
12. Call Me Lightning (2:21)
13. Magic Bus (3:22)
14. Pinball Wizard (3:01)
15. I'm Free (2:40)
16. See Me Feel Me (3:26)
17. The Seeker (3:12)
18. Summertime Blues [Live] (3:25)
19. My Wife (3:35)
20. Baba O'Riley (5:00)
21. Bargain (5:35)

DISC TWO:
1. Behind Blue Eyes (3:43)
2. Won't Get Fooled Again (8:22)
3. Let's See Action (3:59)
4. Pure And Easy (5:22)
5. Join Together (4:22)
6. Long Live Rock (3:54)
7. The Real Me [Single Version] (3:34)
8. 5'15 [Single Version] (4:50)
9. Love Reign O'er Me (5:51)
10. Squeeze Box (2:42)
11. Who Are You (6:21)
12. Sister Disco (4:21)
13. You Better You Bet (5:37)
14. Eminence Front (5:37)

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection lyrics

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection tabs

- Roger Daltrey / Vocals and harmonica
- John Entwistle / Bass guitar and vocals
- Keith Moon / Drums
- Pete Townshend / Guitar, keyboards and vocals
- Kenney Jones / Drums on "You Better You Bet" and "Eminence Front"

MCA / UTV Records

Thanks to ClassicRocker for the addition

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO The Ultimate Collection Music

(BZ611) The Coral, Who's Gonna Find Me - DJ CD US $3.74 Buy It Now 30m 12s
THE WHO - THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT - VINYL 2X LP ALBUM W/ BOOK VG+ US $8.09 Buy It Now 30m 49s
The Who-See Me, Feel Me (PS) VG+ US $6.00 Buy It Now 32m 2s
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me by Original So... US $0.99 Buy It Now 32m 18s
PETER CASE Who's Gonna Go Your Crooked Mile CD Advance US $4.54 Buy It Now 32m 33s
I3-10 Vinyl Record SEALED Barry Manilow Barry Who Arista AL 9537 RARE! US $29.95 Buy It Now 32m 39s
GROUPER - The Man Who Died In His Boat LP w/ Sticker UNPLAYED NM US $10.99 [1 bids]
33m 4s
Lot of 4 LP vinyl records The Who(3)albums (1)daltry US $16.99 [0 bids]
35m 12s
The WHO 1987?US AMERICA Brand New SEALED MFSL1-115 LP FACE DANCE Ship from JAPAN US $149.99 Buy It Now 35m 34s
"AUSTIN POWERS THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME" MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE US $2.00 Buy It Now 35m 51s
Barsha-Who's The Master?-12"-Bum Rush-DMD1532-VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
37m 4s
LINCOLN ST.EXIT:Paper Place-Who's Been Driving-US 7"Lance Records NO. 109 US $248.98 Buy It Now 38m 4s
THE GUESS WHO "The Best Of The Guess Who" W/Bonus Tracks NEW (CD, 2006) US $10.99 Buy It Now 40m 8s
TREE FORT-Donny Who Loved Bowling-CHICAGO IL.Noise-Cd's US $8.49 Buy It Now 41m 14s
Van Der Graaf Generator-H to He Who Am the Only One Japanese mini lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 44m 58s
To Make Me Who I Am, Aaron Neville, New US $5.99 Buy It Now 45m 7s
60s Classics 3CD Lot Rock Pop YOUNGBLOODS ISLEY BROTHERS GUESS WHO Greatest US $29.99 Buy It Now 46m 55s
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of The Who MCA US $4.88 Buy It Now 47m 13s
MONK HIGGINS ~ WHO-DUN-IT? ~ NORTHERN SOUL POPCORN ~ RARE HEAR IT! US $29.77 Buy It Now 48m 39s
DAVID BOWIE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD REMASTERED CD NEW US $11.17 Buy It Now 49m 32s
Roger Daltrey: McVicar The Who LP VG+/NM Canada US $4.99 Buy It Now 51m 28s
GUESS WHO - "THE GREATEST OF THE GUESS WHO" - BEST BUY LP HTF US $9.00 Buy It Now 53m 30s
VG++ MARY HOPKIN KNOCK KNOCK WHO'S THERE/INTERNATIONAL 1972 45 RPM APPLE 1855 US $5.98 Buy It Now 54m 21s
Nick Gilder "You Know Who You Are" Original LP Still Sealed US $14.99 Buy It Now 55m 34s
Wilton Place Street Band (I Love Lucy Theme) You Don't Even Know Who We Are US $9.00 Buy It Now 56m 35s
LILLO THOMAS-WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE**LISTEN US $6.99 Buy It Now 57m 26s
PRIORITEE-WHO IS HE~ALEGRO HOUSE 12" US $4.99 Buy It Now 57m 26s
Bobby Powell - I'm Not Going to Cry / Who is Your Lover 45 rpm vinyl Whit 6900 US $11.99 [0 bids]
57m 59s
Dion - Runaround Sue/Lovers Who Wander - German 45 rpm Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $6.99 [0 bids]
59m 17s
Who The Hell Are You?, Madison Avenue, Acceptable Single US $4.52 Buy It Now 59m 41s
The Who - Endless Wire (2006) 2 CD DIGIPAK - FREE FASTPOST US $13.28 Buy It Now 59m 57s
Isley Brothers "Take Some Time Out For Love/Who Could Ever Doubt My Love" 45 RPM US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE WHO-LIVE IN TORONTO- 2 CD SET-IMPORT DIGIPAK FOLDOUT SET-WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
(CA963) The Bees, Who Cares What the Question Is? - 2007 DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Tommy - London Symphony Orchestra 2 LP record box set w/ booklet - The Who US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Rockin Flavours - Who Guess New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.23 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Wheatfield Soul Artifical Paradise - Who Guess New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.78 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The WHO, PICTURES OF LILY b/w DOCTOR DOCTOR, 1967 ORIGINAL 45rpm record, MINT-! US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Who: 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of The Who US $0.99 [0 bids]
60 LP ROCK LOT Classic Pop Blues Garage Surf BEATLES STONES WHO HENDRIX QUEEN US $86.00 [2 bids]
GROUNDHOGS - WHO WILL SAVE THE WORLD? [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $9.36 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Odds & Sods - Who New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $32.71 Buy It Now 1h 8m
India-The Lover Who Rocks You-12"-Reprise-021524-VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
WHO/trick of the light/ 1978 promo 45 US $35.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Urban Heros: Who Said LP VG++/NM Canada Handshake US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Who Is She . . . - Madelaine New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $26.47 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Who WHO'S NEXT, US Original Label LP, Decca DL 79182, Super Nice Cover! US $8.98 [0 bids]
The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane CD SCORE By Christan Gaubert SUPER RARE US $199.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Guess Who 39 Greatest Hits 1969-1974 2 CD set US $20.88 [0 bids]
JOHNNY ADAMS: Who's Gonna Love You (soul vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
The king Of Who I Am-Marlin, Maranda and Madison McCloud US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
TOM JONES 7" PS Japan I WHO HAVE NOTHING r5614 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Pete Townshend Who Came First German Import LP Excellent Near Mint Condition US $6.95 [0 bids]
Tom Jones Stop Breaking My Heart / I Who Have Nothing Parrot 40051 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Who's Greatest Hits- The Who (CD,1988, MCA (USA))oldies-vg US $0.99 [2 bids]
The Who - 4-Track Collector's Bonus Disc US $8.59 Buy It Now 1h 22m
PETE TOWNSHEND (THE WHO) The Genius Of RARE BOOTLEG Studio Outtakes LP! US $29.99 [0 bids]
Magnetophone Man Who Ate The Man -Ltd- CD (UK Import) NEW US $21.56 Buy It Now 1h 23m
BRENDA & HERB: I Who Have Nothing DRIVE 6275 PROMO 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE SUNSHINE BOYS ~ WHO'S BEEN TENDIN' TO MY BUSINESS ~ OKEH 6338 US $9.99 [0 bids]
MEGADETH: Peace Sells but Who's Buying? LP Capitol ST-12526 NM- vinyl US $29.99 [0 bids]
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses [Maxi Single] by U2 (CD, Nov-1992, Polydor) US $0.16 [2 bids]
(AZ756) Sebastien Grainger, Who Do We Care For? - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Pearl Jam 45 rpm record "Who You Are / Habit " Epic 78389, Near Mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Four Lads 45 "He Who Has Love/I Wonder,I Wonder. US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Guess Who - The Best Of The Guess Who, Vol. II (1973 RCA) Used 8-Track Tape US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
HEAR Sapphires 45 Who Do You Love/Oh So Soon SWAN 4162 soul girl group R US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
GAMMA RAY - who do you think you are JAPAN CD vicp-15004 Primal Fear/Scheepers US $11.69 Buy It Now 1h 34m
THE WHO "FACE DANCES" MUSIC CASSETTE TAPE ROCK EX! US $3.69 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Who'll Rock the Cradle by The Prairie Acre (CD, Jan-2009, CD Baby (distributor)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
COLOSSEUM Those Who Are About To Die We Salute You LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
ARETHA FRANKLIN,BEST OF+30 G. HITS+WHOS ZOOMIN WHO++#20 US $10.50 Buy It Now 1h 37m
HEAR Rare Soul 45: Sly Johnson ~ They Who Love & Teardrops on Federal 12358 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Hear Rare Modern Soul 45: Janice Miller Isaac ~He Who Cares ~ San-Son 2465 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Soul Girl Group 45: Lorie Burton on Roulette - Yeh, Yeh, Yeh & Who Are You? US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Rare Private Press Pop Rock LP : Brewster ~ Who? ~ Michael Foster US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
(AZ893) Sebastien Grainger, Who Do We Care For? - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 41m
(AZ918) Rachel Barton, Who Knows - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Ready for the World-I'm the One Who Loves You-12"Single-MCA-MCA23541-VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Rock Pop cD Stunt by Barenaked Ladies One Week,That Girl,Some Fantastic,Who need US $0.75 [0 bids]
Psychic TV - Those Who Do Not - Orig. 1997 Limited Edition UK CD - VERY RARE!!!! US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me Movie - Used CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Rough Trade-For Those Who Think Young-LP-Vinyl-Boardwalk-NB332611-VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Fabulous Fryers 45 Who's Gonna Turn Out the Lights US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 48m
This Is Who I Am by Heather Headley New Sealed CD, Oct-2002 RCA - R US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Beatles - McCartney, Who, Clash, Queen, Costello - Concert for Kampuchea US $5.99 [0 bids]
TOMMY The Movie Original Soundtrack~THE WHO~Gatefold Polydor ViNYL LP 1975 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
(#754) PETULA CLARK LP / Color My World - Who Am I US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Girl Who Came To Supper-OG Broadway Cast-LP-GFold-Vinyl-Columbia-KOL6020-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
(#768) DEEP PURPLE / Who Do We Think We Are! - gatefold cover US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Style Council 45 rpm Philippines 7" boy who cried wolf US $75.00 Buy It Now 2h 7m
The Rolling Stones-Exile on Main Street Vinyl G+/VG & The Who- Who Are You VG+ US $31.00 [12 bids]
BENNY BARNES ~ Poor Man's Riches / Those Who Know ~ STARDAY excellent condition US $12.50 Buy It Now 2h 10m
JANACEK: The Diary of One Who Disappeared-NM1979LP CZECH IMPORT w/ LIBRETTO US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
WHO CAN SMELL BULLSHIT IMPORT 2 Lp RECORD Various HARD CORE PUNK LTD US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 11m
RARE 8 Track SAM COOKE The Man Who Invented Soul RCA Victor Stereo US $20.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Bernie Taupin TRIBE RCA LP from 1987 Poet who Wrote many Lrics for ELTON JOHN US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Yankee B. / Live By The Gun & Who You Are 12" single NEAR MINT nm Promo Morales US $6.99 [0 bids]
CC CD SINGLE.+ FREE BONUS CD.MADISON AVENUE..WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PLUS BABY US $9.27 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Look Who's Perfect Now [CD 1], Transistor, Excellent724389496123 US $1.65 Buy It Now 2h 18m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(48%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(22%)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars A SUBLIME OVERVIEW

If I am correct, this is only the third compilation that I have rated with five stars. The other two being "Remasters" from the mighty Led Zep and the wonderful "Catch The Spirit" from Mostly Autumn.

So : why the hell should I rate a Who compilation with five stars ? Well, for the following reasons.

Since The Who are not a progressive band for an inch, I pretty much understand that few of you are aware of their music (unless you are as old as I unfortunately am). To put things into perspective, let's imagine the following scenario...

A triple "Best Of" CD from Genesis whith the following tracklist : "Looking For Someone", "The Knife", "The Musical Box", "Hogweed", "Seven Stones", "Salmacis", "Watcher", "Can-Utility", "Supper's", "Dancing Out', "Firth Of Fifth", "The Battle", "Cinema Show", half of "The Lamb', "Dance on a Volcano", "Mad Man Moon", "Ripples", "Los Endos", "Eleventh Earl of Mar", "One For The vine", "All in a Mouse's Night" and "Afterglow". This is just an example but I could have done the same exercise with several other true prog bands.

And that's the reason of this comparison. Who would ever doubt about rating with five stars such an impossible Genesis "Best Of" ? What I mean is that for an unprepared audience of progheads, I can only bloody recommend this Who compilation.

Maybe few of you are really aware of The Who repertoire (which is normal on a prog site). So, this compilation is a PHENOMENAL introduction to one of the greatest rock band all times. Most of their anthems (if not all) are present here. Their major singles like "I Can't Explain", "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere", "My Generation" of course, "The Kids Are Alright", "Substitute", "Pictures Of Lily", "I Can See For Miles" and so on, and so on ... They are all included here.

The best of "Who's Next" as well with "Baba O'Riley", "Bargain" and one of my Who's fave all time : "Won't Get Fooled Again".

A very small bit of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" (which were concept albums and difficult to compile) are just there as an invitation to discover more of their giant work. At least, this is all the best I wish to you. I have reviewed all the possible albums of The Who available on PA, although some great live ("Whight"), videos ("Tommy", "Quadrophenia") or compils ("Who's Better Who's Best", "30 Years of Maximum R&B") are not YET available for reviews.

I guess that 90% of you, readers of PROG archives, would be interested in this compil. Once having discovered part of the work of one of the most influent ROCK band in the history, you might want to explore a bit further and discover "Tommy", "Who's Next" and "Quadrophenia". I would also add (but I am a convinced fan as you might have noticed) "Live At Leeds" for your experience.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#130461) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 27, 2007

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'The Ultimate Collection' - The Who (Compilation)

From a band with so many best-of compilations, even something as casual as picking up what is considered by most music fans to be a budget alternative becomes a decision that favours an informed consumer. With 'The Ultimate Collection', The Who may have their best best-of, although it is given the automatic advantage of being a two disc set, over the majority of the others, which tend to cram all of the material onto a single disc. The first of these discs entails the bands earlier career, up to the point of 'Who's Next', but it primarily focuses on the band's period as a 60's pop rock group. The second disc here is noticeably weaker, but still has some recognizable, strong tunes such as 'Eminence Front' and 'Who Are You'. 'The Ultimate Collection' makes the right decision of expanding the best-of compilation onto a two disc venture rather than curbing itself with a single. Although it may cost a little more than others, it is certainly a more effective album, although the studio full-lengths still hold infinitely more sway than this.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#469577) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 25, 2011

4 stars ok.... my first official album review on here, and i was on here a few months ago on the forums, but i guess this is gonna be more of a review/rating gig only, so hello again. anyway, I have known of the Who since i was a fan of GHIII (with The Seeker on that game), and it got even futher with ... (read more)

Report this review (#1157072) | Posted by Michael678 | Thursday, April 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WHO "The Ultimate Collection"