THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION

The Who The Ultimate Collection album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2002

DISC ONE:
1. I Can't Explain (2:05)
2. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2:41)
3. My Generation (3:19)
4. The Kids Are Alright (2:46)
5. A Legal Matter (2:48)
6. Substitute (3:48)
7. I'm A Boy (2:37)
8. Boris The Spider (2:28)
9. Happy Jack (2:11)
10. Pictures of Lily (2:45)
11. I Can See For Miles (4:07)
12. Call Me Lightning (2:21)
13. Magic Bus (3:22)
14. Pinball Wizard (3:01)
15. I'm Free (2:40)
16. See Me Feel Me (3:26)
17. The Seeker (3:12)
18. Summertime Blues [Live] (3:25)
19. My Wife (3:35)
20. Baba O'Riley (5:00)
21. Bargain (5:35)

DISC TWO:
1. Behind Blue Eyes (3:43)
2. Won't Get Fooled Again (8:22)
3. Let's See Action (3:59)
4. Pure And Easy (5:22)
5. Join Together (4:22)
6. Long Live Rock (3:54)
7. The Real Me [Single Version] (3:34)
8. 5'15 [Single Version] (4:50)
9. Love Reign O'er Me (5:51)
10. Squeeze Box (2:42)
11. Who Are You (6:21)
12. Sister Disco (4:21)
13. You Better You Bet (5:37)
14. Eminence Front (5:37)

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection lyrics

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection tabs

- Roger Daltrey / Vocals and harmonica
- John Entwistle / Bass guitar and vocals
- Keith Moon / Drums
- Pete Townshend / Guitar, keyboards and vocals
- Kenney Jones / Drums on "You Better You Bet" and "Eminence Front"

MCA / UTV Records

Thanks to ClassicRocker for the addition

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO The Ultimate Collection Music

Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
NURSE WITH WOUND - WHO CAN I TURN TO STEREO [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.25 Buy It Now 30m 46s
Jessie J-Who You Are-CD Album-Framed CD Clock-Fantastic Gift Idea US $33.93 Buy It Now 32m 26s
Who do you think you are? 2 Complete Directories- (BBC) US $3.38 Buy It Now 32m 28s
Lucas Santtana The God Who Devastates Also Cures CD Music Album New US $20.35 Buy It Now 33m 18s
MADONNA, WHO'S THAT GIRL /WHITE HEAT-7" Picture Sleeve-Sire W8341-1987 US $2.70 Buy It Now 36m 16s
Who Came First by Pete Townshend (CD, Oct-1992, Ryko Distribution) Fast Shipping US $29.95 Buy It Now 38m 50s
MYOWN - Special Who EP - 12" US $17.97 Buy It Now 42m 3s
STYLES P - WHO WANT A PROBLEM (X4) / FAVORITE ONE (X4) NEW VINYL US $9.66 Buy It Now 47m 15s
The Guess Who - Rockin - Record LP US $7.96 Buy It Now 50m 59s
MIKA 'THE BOY WHO KNEW TOO MUCH' DELUXE 2 CD BONUS TR US $39.99 Buy It Now 56m 49s
STIGH STRANDH - IN THE END WHO CARES - NEW CD US $11.49 Buy It Now 58m 43s
MEGADETH PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYING LP Vinyl Album NEW Explicit US $25.44 Buy It Now 1h
THE WHO WHOS NEXT LP Vinyl Album BOXSET NEW US $44.11 Buy It Now 1h 2m
EDDIE DAYE & FOUR BARS "GUESS WHO LOVES YOU" LISTEN US $13.56 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Guess Who Proper Stranger / No Time RCA 74-0300 VG+ 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Who / Tommy (2013 REMASTERED) [DELUXE EDITION] (2 CD DIGI-PAK) New SEALED US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Who - Quadrophenia CD UMGD/MCA US $23.38 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Pickin On The Who CD US $18.12 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Burt Bacharach Anyone Who Had A Heart-Art Of The Songwriter CD UMGD/HIP-O US $22.86 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Beverley Knight - Who I Am (CD 2002)Brand new and sealed US $5.07 Buy It Now 1h 16m
THE WHO TOMMY LP Vinyl Album NEW US $52.60 Buy It Now 1h 17m
The Guess Who Share The Land 8-Track Tape US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 21m
REGAL DEGAL - Veritable Who's Who - LP US $24.36 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Beatles Zeppelin The Who Plus Other Vintage & Rare 45's From The 60's & 70's!!! US $89.99 [0 bids]
Tony Bennett 45 "Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Need Me)" VG++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Aretha Franklin ~45 & PS~ Who's Zoomin' Who (1985) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Incognito - Who Needs Love (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Monotones - Who Wrote The Book Of Lov (1992) - New - Compact Disc US $11.42 Buy It Now 1h 25m
AC/DC Who Made Who CD 9 Track Album, 0777 7 462399 2 8 US $10.61 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Hurricane Smith ~45~ Who Was It ~ Capitol 3455 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 26m
ALANNAH MYLES Black Velvet CD 3 Tracks Inc If You Want To+Who Loves You, Rare O US $10.61 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Erasure Who Needs Love Like That RARE West German 12" Single US $7.64 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE WHO - ENDLESS WIRE [BONUS TRACKS/CD] (602517095205) - NEW CD US $39.97 Buy It Now 1h 31m
ANA BETZ Who Is It Tonight CD 4 Tracks, Orig Radio Edit/North On 41 Radio Edit/ US $5.52 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Yam Who - Wrap You Up [Vinyl New] US $9.57 Buy It Now 1h 36m
DEAN MARTIN - Platinum Disc LP - I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU US $203.68 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Rockabilly RE Junior Thompson Tune # Who's knocking ALABAMA killer 2 sider US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
AUDIOWEB Bankrobber CD 4 Tracks Inc Theme From Tubba Relish/Who Are They/Home US $5.52 Buy It Now 1h 40m
JESUS JONES " WHO WHERE WHY " 12" PROMO VINYL 12FOODDJ 28 EXCELLENT US $11.86 Buy It Now 1h 43m
BAHA MEN Who Let The Dogs Out CD 3 Tracks, Radio Edit/Audio Cook Remix/Club Mix US $5.52 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Who Needs Love (Like That), Erasure, Good Maxi, Limited Edition, Single US $4.62 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Travis - The Man Who (1999 CD Album) 10 Trax. Rock/Pop/Alternative/Indie US $1.68 Buy It Now 1h 44m
The Archies / Who's Your Baby? (1970) / Vinyl Single US $2.10 Buy It Now 1h 47m
BEN FOLDS FIVE Battle Of Who Could Care Less CD 3 Tracks Inc Hava Nagila+For Th US $5.52 Buy It Now 1h 49m
BEVERLEY KNIGHT Who I Am CD 11 Track Album With Enhanced Section (Disc US $7.21 Buy It Now 1h 51m
EURYTHMICS 7" vinyl record picture sleeve WHO'S THAT GIRL US $6.43 Buy It Now 1h 52m
z/ handmade greetings - birthday card THE WHO US $9.34 Buy It Now 1h 55m
AC/DC "Who Made Who" Albert Productions Australian Pressing US $6.60 [0 bids]
THE 5 STAIRSTEPS O-O-H CHILD / WHO DO YOU BELONG TO BUDDAH RECORD 45 US $1.00 [0 bids]
CD STANLEY HOLLOWAY BEAT THE RETREAT BRAHN BOOTS 'ALT WHO GOES THERE? MY OLD US $6.77 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Mika The Boy Who Knew Too Much Music CD Album 2009 - DISC ONLY in Plastic Sleeve US $6.74 Buy It Now 2h
CD MARY WELLS THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU STRANGE LOVE YOU'RE MY DESIRE ETC US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h
Patti Page on 78 rpm Mercury 5682: Detour/Who's Gonna Shoe My Pretty Little Feet US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
CD GENE VINCENT BLUEJEAN BOP JEZEBEL PEG O' MY HEART WHO SLAPPED JOHN I FLIPPED US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 3m
CD FEVER THE VERY BEST OF PEGGY LEE THE FOLKS WHO LIVE ON THE HILL THAT'S ALL US $13.56 Buy It Now 2h 3m
CD CONNIE FRANCIS WHO'S SORRY NOW IT'S THE TALK OF THE TOWN I MISS YOU SO US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 4m
THE WHO AMSTERDAM 1965 33 X 23 INCH COLOUR POSTER US $16.96 Buy It Now 2h 5m
NM- JOHN SCOFIELD DESIGNATED PROMO JAZZ LP - WHO'S WHO!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
THE YOU KNOW WHO GROUP- ROCK- PLAYBOY/ MY LOVE US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
bon jovi -who says you can't go homo promo cd US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
BUSTED Who'S David CD 2 Tracks Inc Teenage Kicks US $4.67 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Who Who's Next Japan Rare LP Light Blue OBI INSERT NM US $34.00 [5 bids]
CHARLIE Who Am I CD 3 Tracks Inc Creepy Crawlies+Ice Magik-Demo Version, Laucd US $6.36 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Guess Who American Woman Japan LTD LP CAP OBI NM US $19.99 [0 bids]
RITA COOLIDGE - Higher & Higher / Who's To Bless & Who's To Blame - 45RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BASSEY - 60s Sheet Music -I (WHO HAVE NOTHING) US $16.97 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Reba McEntire 45 Little Girl / Am I The Only One Who Cares w/ts US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Connie Francis LP - Who's Sorry Now, on MGM black label # E 3686, from 1960 US $14.99 [0 bids]
78RPM.GUY MITCHELL.MY TRULY,TRULY FAIR / WHO KNOWS LOVE.UK ORIG 78 RPM. US $14.85 Buy It Now 2h 19m
DOCTOR WHO: THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION [ORIGINAL TELEVISION - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.62 Buy It Now 2h 21m
ATLAS SOUND - Let The Blind Lead Those Who See But Cannot Feel - 2xLP US $33.95 Buy It Now 2h 21m
ROCK DREAMS the Who Hendrix Clapton Beatles MEGA RARE YUGOSLAV PRESSING LP VG/EX US $29.96 Buy It Now 2h 23m
The Who cd Gold Disc THEN AND NOW Cheap Express International Postage! US $135.77 Buy It Now 2h 24m
CRAIG MCLACHLAN Hear The World Cry CD 4 Tracks Inc You Got Me/Who Are You/Don'T US $6.36 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Who - Whos Next (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $13.97 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Framing Hanley - Sum Of Who We Are (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $11.17 Buy It Now 2h 31m
WHO? WHAT? WHY? WHEN? WHERE? v/a CD Conflict Icons Of Filth Chaos /Mortahate '06 US $16.97 Buy It Now 2h 32m
98 Rock "Sac Rocks 9: Who's Next?" KRXQ-FM Sacramento Radio CD Like New OOP 93 R US $14.95 [0 bids]
The Kids Are Alright [1990] [Remaster] by The Who (CD, Apr-2001, MCA (USA)) US $6.00 [0 bids]
Jessie J - Who You Are Platinum Edition (CD 2011) "Domino" "Laserlight" US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 37m
FANTASY "(HEY WHO'S GOTTA) FUNKY SONG/(INSTRUMENTAL) 1981 PAVILLION VG++ HEAR!! US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
YANNIS MARKOPOULOS, WHO PAYS THE FERRYMAN ,7" VINYL US $1.68 [0 bids]
(DW815) Bendall's Box, You Don't Know Who I Am - 2012 DJ CD US $2.63 Buy It Now 2h 42m
The Who - Tommy 2 CD Original POLYDOR RED FACE West Germany US $67.88 Buy It Now 2h 43m
SINEAD O'CONNOR *SHE WHO DWELLS* ORIGINAL 2003 DOUBLE CD EXCELLENT CONDITION US $9.89 Buy It Now 2h 44m
ORIGINAL THE LIVING END WHO'S GONNA SAVE US LAUNCH POLE POSTER 2003 US $8.48 [0 bids]
MILES KANE - DON'T FORGET WHO YOU ARE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $58.84 Buy It Now 2h 46m
EDWYN COLLINS The Magic Piper CD 4 Tracks Inc Who Is It/Who Is It-Halterbacked US $5.52 Buy It Now 2h 48m
WHO KILLED THE ZUTONS 19.04.04 VIRGIN MEGASTORES 32X25 POSTER ADVERT EX CON US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 50m
ORION - WHO WAS THAT MASKED MAN? [BOX] [5 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $110.93 Buy It Now 2h 52m
JOHN SCHNEIDER - The One Who Got Away/ What's A Memory Like You - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
philippines THE WHO 7" going mobile 45rpm US $140.00 [0 bids]
ERASURE Who Needs Love CD 4 Tracks, Hamburg Mix/The Soldier'S Return/Don'T Say US $5.52 Buy It Now 2h 55m
The Who - The Kids Are Alright Vinyl Record MCA2-11005 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 56m
EVE FEAT GWEN STEFANI Let Me Blow Ya Mind CD 4 Tracks, Orig/Video/Who'S That Gi US $5.52 Buy It Now 2h 57m
ARETHA FRANKLIN WHO'S ZOOMIN' WHO ?1985 GERMANY LP+INNER SLEEVE*NEAR MINT VINYL US $13.49 Buy It Now 2h 57m
EVE Who'S That Girl CD 4 Tracks, Main Pass/Cias Remix/Video/What Ya Want Feat N US $3.82 Buy It Now 2h 57m
THEMES FROM THE MOVIES: Star Wars--Rocky--Orca--The Deep--The Spy Who Loved Me US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Guess Who Hang On To Your Life Do You Miss Me Darlin' Excellent Cond 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 59m
The Guess Who Follow Your Daughter Home Bye Bye Babe Excellent Cond 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 59m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(48%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(22%)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars A SUBLIME OVERVIEW

If I am correct, this is only the third compilation that I have rated with five stars. The other two being "Remasters" from the mighty Led Zep and the wonderful "Catch The Spirit" from Mostly Autumn.

So : why the hell should I rate a Who compilation with five stars ? Well, for the following reasons.

Since The Who are not a progressive band for an inch, I pretty much understand that few of you are aware of their music (unless you are as old as I unfortunately am). To put things into perspective, let's imagine the following scenario...

A triple "Best Of" CD from Genesis whith the following tracklist : "Looking For Someone", "The Knife", "The Musical Box", "Hogweed", "Seven Stones", "Salmacis", "Watcher", "Can-Utility", "Supper's", "Dancing Out', "Firth Of Fifth", "The Battle", "Cinema Show", half of "The Lamb', "Dance on a Volcano", "Mad Man Moon", "Ripples", "Los Endos", "Eleventh Earl of Mar", "One For The vine", "All in a Mouse's Night" and "Afterglow". This is just an example but I could have done the same exercise with several other true prog bands.

And that's the reason of this comparison. Who would ever doubt about rating with five stars such an impossible Genesis "Best Of" ? What I mean is that for an unprepared audience of progheads, I can only bloody recommend this Who compilation.

Maybe few of you are really aware of The Who repertoire (which is normal on a prog site). So, this compilation is a PHENOMENAL introduction to one of the greatest rock band all times. Most of their anthems (if not all) are present here. Their major singles like "I Can't Explain", "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere", "My Generation" of course, "The Kids Are Alright", "Substitute", "Pictures Of Lily", "I Can See For Miles" and so on, and so on ... They are all included here.

The best of "Who's Next" as well with "Baba O'Riley", "Bargain" and one of my Who's fave all time : "Won't Get Fooled Again".

A very small bit of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" (which were concept albums and difficult to compile) are just there as an invitation to discover more of their giant work. At least, this is all the best I wish to you. I have reviewed all the possible albums of The Who available on PA, although some great live ("Whight"), videos ("Tommy", "Quadrophenia") or compils ("Who's Better Who's Best", "30 Years of Maximum R&B") are not YET available for reviews.

I guess that 90% of you, readers of PROG archives, would be interested in this compil. Once having discovered part of the work of one of the most influent ROCK band in the history, you might want to explore a bit further and discover "Tommy", "Who's Next" and "Quadrophenia". I would also add (but I am a convinced fan as you might have noticed) "Live At Leeds" for your experience.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#130461) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 27, 2007

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'The Ultimate Collection' - The Who (Compilation)

From a band with so many best-of compilations, even something as casual as picking up what is considered by most music fans to be a budget alternative becomes a decision that favours an informed consumer. With 'The Ultimate Collection', The Who may have their best best-of, although it is given the automatic advantage of being a two disc set, over the majority of the others, which tend to cram all of the material onto a single disc. The first of these discs entails the bands earlier career, up to the point of 'Who's Next', but it primarily focuses on the band's period as a 60's pop rock group. The second disc here is noticeably weaker, but still has some recognizable, strong tunes such as 'Eminence Front' and 'Who Are You'. 'The Ultimate Collection' makes the right decision of expanding the best-of compilation onto a two disc venture rather than curbing itself with a single. Although it may cost a little more than others, it is certainly a more effective album, although the studio full-lengths still hold infinitely more sway than this.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#469577) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 25, 2011

4 stars ok.... my first official album review on here, and i was on here a few months ago on the forums, but i guess this is gonna be more of a review/rating gig only, so hello again. anyway, I have known of the Who since i was a fan of GHIII (with The Seeker on that game), and it got even futher with ... (read more)

Report this review (#1157072) | Posted by Michael678 | Thursday, April 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WHO "The Ultimate Collection"