THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION

The Who The Ultimate Collection album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2002

DISC ONE:
1. I Can't Explain (2:05)
2. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2:41)
3. My Generation (3:19)
4. The Kids Are Alright (2:46)
5. A Legal Matter (2:48)
6. Substitute (3:48)
7. I'm A Boy (2:37)
8. Boris The Spider (2:28)
9. Happy Jack (2:11)
10. Pictures of Lily (2:45)
11. I Can See For Miles (4:07)
12. Call Me Lightning (2:21)
13. Magic Bus (3:22)
14. Pinball Wizard (3:01)
15. I'm Free (2:40)
16. See Me Feel Me (3:26)
17. The Seeker (3:12)
18. Summertime Blues [Live] (3:25)
19. My Wife (3:35)
20. Baba O'Riley (5:00)
21. Bargain (5:35)

DISC TWO:
1. Behind Blue Eyes (3:43)
2. Won't Get Fooled Again (8:22)
3. Let's See Action (3:59)
4. Pure And Easy (5:22)
5. Join Together (4:22)
6. Long Live Rock (3:54)
7. The Real Me [Single Version] (3:34)
8. 5'15 [Single Version] (4:50)
9. Love Reign O'er Me (5:51)
10. Squeeze Box (2:42)
11. Who Are You (6:21)
12. Sister Disco (4:21)
13. You Better You Bet (5:37)
14. Eminence Front (5:37)

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection lyrics

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection tabs

- Roger Daltrey / Vocals and harmonica
- John Entwistle / Bass guitar and vocals
- Keith Moon / Drums
- Pete Townshend / Guitar, keyboards and vocals
- Kenney Jones / Drums on "You Better You Bet" and "Eminence Front"

MCA / UTV Records

Thanks to ClassicRocker for the addition

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO The Ultimate Collection Music

Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
ZUCCHERO-ZUCCHERO WHO CD NEW US $31.04 Buy It Now 31m 40s
THE WHO -Pete Townshend 1983 Scoop (SEALED 2-LP) Record 2LP Vinyl NEW Magic Bus US $17.00 Buy It Now 32m 1s
VINTAGE 45 RECORD THE GUESS WHO: ALBERT FLASHER/ BROKEN US $0.99 Buy It Now 32m 52s
VOLLMAR-13 OR SO PEOPLE WHO NEED CHANCES CD NEW US $15.65 Buy It Now 32m 55s
The Who, Quadrophenia 45rpm Lacquers Box Set US $385.00 [23 bids]
33m 16s
Heather Headley, This Is Who I Am (CD, Oct-2002, RCA Records) US $5.00 [0 bids]
34m 28s
Little Milton, What It Is & Who Can Handle Me Is You, 1972 Stax Soul 7" 45 US $5.00 [0 bids]
34m 58s
The Spy Who Loved Me Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP UA UA-LA774-H Sealed US $10.00 Buy It Now 35m 9s
Barbara Mason, Woman and Man & Who Will You Hurt Next, 1972 Buddah Soul 7" US $5.00 [0 bids]
36m 55s
The Who Meaty Beaty Big And Bouncy- DECCA DL-79184 Excellent, 12", Vinyl US $29.95 Buy It Now 37m 4s
Comic book -- THE WHO -- Rock 'n' roll comics US $4.00 [0 bids]
38m 5s
Heather Headley - This Is Who I Am - RCA 69376, U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $6.47 Buy It Now 38m 12s
5 The Guess Who Albums - Artificial Paradise, American Woman, The Guess Who... US $33.00 Buy It Now 38m 34s
Pete Townshend - All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes Vinyl LP - NM- The Who US $4.95 Buy It Now 39m 39s
KC And The Sunshine Band LP SS Who Do You Love US $12.00 Buy It Now 41m 3s
10 UK POP POSTCARDS, Small Faces, Yardbirds, The Who, Donovan, Pretty Things.etc US $9.71 Buy It Now 41m 6s
THE GUESS WHO- DANCIN' FOOL/ SEEMS LIKE I CAN'T LIVE WITH YOU, BUT I 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 42m 40s
GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER SIDNEY POITIER TRACY HEPBURN RECORD ALBUM 1968 US $4.48 [0 bids]
43m 23s
Who it iz/ Hosted By DJ Bay Bay - Lone Shaud (CD 2009) Tx rap US $19.99 Buy It Now 43m 30s
Alan Jackson "Who I Am" (CD, 1994, Arista) US $5.98 Buy It Now 44m 3s
Who Let the Dogs Out Baha Men Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 44m 16s
You Who Came From the Stars Original Sound Track O.S.T Korean Drama US $36.99 [0 bids]
44m 39s
PETE TOWNSEND - Scoop 3 (2 CD Set) Classic 24/96 DAD (The Who) US $35.00 [0 bids]
45m 32s
Keke Wyatt - Who Knew [CD New] US $14.23 Buy It Now 45m 35s
Who - Who's Next [CD New] US $23.30 Buy It Now 46m 35s
Kim Jae Joong HERO 1st Album WHO WHEN WHY[ WWW] from JYJ US $25.99 Buy It Now 47m 24s
Who Made Who - Space For Rent (Remixes) - Gomma #171418 US $6.47 Buy It Now 47m 43s
DJ Who & Neoverse & Mike G - Evening In Bali #75585 US $6.47 Buy It Now 47m 54s
Ain't Nobody (Who Could Love Me) Remix Bad Boy #142344 US $6.47 Buy It Now 47m 55s
Bear Who? - Bumble B (Volume 2) - Da Vault Ltd #246239 US $6.47 Buy It Now 48m 8s
Hector Moralez & Chris Carrier - Who Is This? #205866 US $6.47 Buy It Now 48m 9s
THE 5 STAIRSTEPS, Who Do You Belong To, O-o-h Child, 45 BDA US $4.00 [0 bids]
48m 15s
VG++ WOODSTOCK Original Soundtrack 3x LP ROCK COTILLION Gatefold HENDRIX WHO US $16.99 Buy It Now 48m 25s
Marcella - Who's Your Nanny Terminal 4 Records #239606 US $6.47 Buy It Now 48m 29s
Who, The - Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 (2cd+dvd) NEW 2 x CD US $18.63 Buy It Now 48m 42s
45 POP Jade/Who cares/same/STAR Records/1983/Canada/NM- RARE US $5.00 Buy It Now 48m 54s
EDDIE FLOYD Guess Who JESSE BELVIN 1974 NM dj both sides stereo STAX 0216 LISTEN US $4.50 Buy It Now 50m
'69 TECHNIQUES BOSS REGGAE 45 THE SHADES WHO YOU GONNA RUN TO re ? US $10.00 Buy It Now 50m 51s
DIONNE WARWICK - ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART - 1963 BARRY RECORDS CANADA VG+++ US $7.99 [0 bids]
52m 8s
SPARTANS: I Won't Be Taken / Who Told The Lie? 45 (disc close to M-) Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 54m 51s
Henry Kaiser "Those Who Know History Are Doomed To Repeat It" 1988 SST LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
54m 55s
Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You / Two Lovers NEW CD US $25.94 Buy It Now 55m 44s
The Who Hooligans Double LP Album 12" 33 RPM 1981 Exc Cond US $7.99 [0 bids]
55m 49s
ARETHA FRANKLIN - Who's Zoomin' Who? LP VINYL US $2.99 [0 bids]
57m 7s
THE GUESS WHO LP FLAVOURS US $9.99 Buy It Now 57m 28s
THE WHO QUADROPHENIA TWIN PACK CASSETTE TAPE LIGHTLY USED RARE US $19.95 Buy It Now 58m 47s
Tommy THE WHO 2-CD Set 1984 MCA Ultimate Rock Opera - LIKE NEW - 2 Discs US $3.99 [0 bids]
59m 46s
JT Money - Who Dat RARE CD THUG SINGLE THE RED ZONE CREW Q PACINO FIONA GANGSTA US $0.99 [0 bids]
59m 58s
The Who-Sell Out-LP-Decca-DL 74950-Vinyl Record US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
CD MIKE JONES WHO IS MIKE JONES EXPLICIT RAP pa Big Pun Slim Thug++ US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h
The Who Charlton 1976 Live 2CD US $19.00 [1 bids]
More Classical Music for People Who Hate Classical Music (CD, Feb-1993,... US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Radio Show: CLASSICS! 01-52 BEST OF 2001! SPRINGSTEEN, WHO, HARRISON, KISS, OZZY US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Who Last Stand Keith's Final Live 2CD1976 US $19.50 [2 bids]
Who Needs Pictures [Enhanced CD] by Brad Paisley (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Hodgson,brian And The Bbc Radi - Doctor Who The Krotons NEW CD US $15.32 Buy It Now 1h 10m
The Who Rarities 1970-1973 Vol. 2 LP Polydor Records Import! US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO It's Hard WB 23731 1982 Vinyl lp N/Mint US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 10m
THE EARTH HAS MUSIC - FOR THOSE WHO LISTEN - THE SOS BAND- CHERRELLE- BRAINST-CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
K-TEL LP MIND BENDER 1976 VG+ TC-231 HEART / JIGSAW / GUESS WHO / K.C. SUNSHINE US $4.99 [0 bids]
RARE RCA Victor 6 in1 Record Album Disney's The WHAT-ZIS&WHO-ZSI 45rpm+Book 1952 US $39.99 [0 bids]
Radio Show: FLASHBACK! 6/27/05 STONES, KANSAS, BOSTON, STYX, DEAD, TULL, CCR,WHO US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE BOY WHO COULD FLY SCORE CD-MUSIC BY BRUCE BROUGHTON-VARESE ENCORE ED 1/1000 US $35.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
TRAVIS "The Man Who" 1999 CD (10 tracks) US $2.95 [0 bids]
Who Put Grandma Under the Stairs: Live by Demented Are Go (CD, May-2003, Rece... US $97.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND: Who Do Ya Love -CD- 1978 disco funk/soul, rhythm & blues US $3.99 [0 bids]
RARE POP 45 - JOHNNIE RAY - WHO'S SORRY NOW? - COLUMBIA - 1955 US $3.75 Buy It Now 1h 15m
The Who 3 album lot on vinyl LP records. Face Dances, Quadrophenia, and Tommy!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Black Uhuru - Guess Who's Coming To Dinner - The Best Of Black Uhuru NEW CD US $9.85 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Pete Townshend White City HIP-O rare oop cd bonus tracks The Who Mint rock mod US $14.99 [1 bids]
The Who 4-Track COLLECTOR'S BONUS DISC 2002 CD new - U.S. shipping included - US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THE WHO Who Are You MCA 3050 1978 Vinyl lp Ex US $8.98 Buy It Now 1h 18m
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO 1980 ZIV INTERNATIONAL WHO'S ON FIRST NESTLE GO AHEAD, RARE US $23.00 [0 bids]
WHO AM I? AKA KOKANE ADDICTIVE HIP HOP MUZICK TAPE RAP COMPTON EAZY E 1991 US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Who Who Are You 1st Sterling 1978 Press, A+ SOUND, Steam CLeaned, NO UPC US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Former Cell Mates - Who's Dead And What's To Pay NEW CD US $16.36 Buy It Now 1h 21m
THE HOUSEMARTINS - THE PEOPLE WHO GRINNED THEMSELVES TO DEATH - CD US $5.42 Buy It Now 1h 21m
35 Lot Classic Rock CDs - 48 Discs Zeppelin Boxed Set, Springsteen, Stones, Who US $68.79 [12 bids]
Various Artists - Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf? [CD New] US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Rev. Timothy Wright - Who's On The Lord's Side [CD New] US $15.11 Buy It Now 1h 22m
the who its hard US $4.00 [0 bids]
FOUR SEASONS - WHO LOVES YOU AND & DISCO VERSION (WBS8122) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Who - Odds & Sods [CD New] US $9.27 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Peter Case - Who's Gonna Go Your Crooked Mile? 1994-04 Selected [CD New] US $13.56 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Alison Krauss & The Cox Family - I Know Who Holds Tomorrow [CD New] US $13.53 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Korn - Korn Iii-Remember Who You Are [CD New] US $10.84 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE JACKSON 5 - WHO'S LOVIN YOU, I WANT YOU BACK (M1157) US $5.00 [0 bids]
+ BAHA MEN - WHO LET THE DOGS OUT CD 13trk near mint! US $8.43 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Who - 30 Years Of Maximum R & B [CD New] US $38.90 Buy It Now 1h 25m
JUDY COLLINS - BOTH SIDES NOW / WHO KNOWS WHERE THE TIME GOES (EK45639) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Dimension Zero - He Who Shall Not Bleed NEW CD US $16.36 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Yami Bolo - He Who Knows It Feels It [CD New] US $10.77 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Who - Who Sell Out [CD New] US $7.96 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Who - Who's Next [CD New] US $9.48 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The Who Denver Colorado Fiddler Green's Ampitheatre 9/19/2002 SEALED 2 CDs US $9.99 [0 bids]
BRIAN AND BRENDA - THAT'S ALL RIGHT TOO / WHO LOVES YOU (40809) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Who - My Generation [CD New] US $20.23 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Black Flag - Who's Got The 10 1/2? [Vinyl New] US $17.42 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Who - Who By Numbers [CD New] US $9.17 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE WHO Live At Leeds CLASSIC ROCK LP German Press US $7.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(48%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(22%)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars A SUBLIME OVERVIEW

If I am correct, this is only the third compilation that I have rated with five stars. The other two being "Remasters" from the mighty Led Zep and the wonderful "Catch The Spirit" from Mostly Autumn.

So : why the hell should I rate a Who compilation with five stars ? Well, for the following reasons.

Since The Who are not a progressive band for an inch, I pretty much understand that few of you are aware of their music (unless you are as old as I unfortunately am). To put things into perspective, let's imagine the following scenario...

A triple "Best Of" CD from Genesis whith the following tracklist : "Looking For Someone", "The Knife", "The Musical Box", "Hogweed", "Seven Stones", "Salmacis", "Watcher", "Can-Utility", "Supper's", "Dancing Out', "Firth Of Fifth", "The Battle", "Cinema Show", half of "The Lamb', "Dance on a Volcano", "Mad Man Moon", "Ripples", "Los Endos", "Eleventh Earl of Mar", "One For The vine", "All in a Mouse's Night" and "Afterglow". This is just an example but I could have done the same exercise with several other true prog bands.

And that's the reason of this comparison. Who would ever doubt about rating with five stars such an impossible Genesis "Best Of" ? What I mean is that for an unprepared audience of progheads, I can only bloody recommend this Who compilation.

Maybe few of you are really aware of The Who repertoire (which is normal on a prog site). So, this compilation is a PHENOMENAL introduction to one of the greatest rock band all times. Most of their anthems (if not all) are present here. Their major singles like "I Can't Explain", "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere", "My Generation" of course, "The Kids Are Alright", "Substitute", "Pictures Of Lily", "I Can See For Miles" and so on, and so on ... They are all included here.

The best of "Who's Next" as well with "Baba O'Riley", "Bargain" and one of my Who's fave all time : "Won't Get Fooled Again".

A very small bit of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" (which were concept albums and difficult to compile) are just there as an invitation to discover more of their giant work. At least, this is all the best I wish to you. I have reviewed all the possible albums of The Who available on PA, although some great live ("Whight"), videos ("Tommy", "Quadrophenia") or compils ("Who's Better Who's Best", "30 Years of Maximum R&B") are not YET available for reviews.

I guess that 90% of you, readers of PROG archives, would be interested in this compil. Once having discovered part of the work of one of the most influent ROCK band in the history, you might want to explore a bit further and discover "Tommy", "Who's Next" and "Quadrophenia". I would also add (but I am a convinced fan as you might have noticed) "Live At Leeds" for your experience.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#130461) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 27, 2007

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'The Ultimate Collection' - The Who (Compilation)

From a band with so many best-of compilations, even something as casual as picking up what is considered by most music fans to be a budget alternative becomes a decision that favours an informed consumer. With 'The Ultimate Collection', The Who may have their best best-of, although it is given the automatic advantage of being a two disc set, over the majority of the others, which tend to cram all of the material onto a single disc. The first of these discs entails the bands earlier career, up to the point of 'Who's Next', but it primarily focuses on the band's period as a 60's pop rock group. The second disc here is noticeably weaker, but still has some recognizable, strong tunes such as 'Eminence Front' and 'Who Are You'. 'The Ultimate Collection' makes the right decision of expanding the best-of compilation onto a two disc venture rather than curbing itself with a single. Although it may cost a little more than others, it is certainly a more effective album, although the studio full-lengths still hold infinitely more sway than this.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#469577) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 25, 2011

4 stars ok.... my first official album review on here, and i was on here a few months ago on the forums, but i guess this is gonna be more of a review/rating gig only, so hello again. anyway, I have known of the Who since i was a fan of GHIII (with The Seeker on that game), and it got even futher with ... (read more)

Report this review (#1157072) | Posted by Michael678 | Thursday, April 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WHO "The Ultimate Collection"