THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION

The Who The Ultimate Collection album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2002

DISC ONE:
1. I Can't Explain (2:05)
2. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2:41)
3. My Generation (3:19)
4. The Kids Are Alright (2:46)
5. A Legal Matter (2:48)
6. Substitute (3:48)
7. I'm A Boy (2:37)
8. Boris The Spider (2:28)
9. Happy Jack (2:11)
10. Pictures of Lily (2:45)
11. I Can See For Miles (4:07)
12. Call Me Lightning (2:21)
13. Magic Bus (3:22)
14. Pinball Wizard (3:01)
15. I'm Free (2:40)
16. See Me Feel Me (3:26)
17. The Seeker (3:12)
18. Summertime Blues [Live] (3:25)
19. My Wife (3:35)
20. Baba O'Riley (5:00)
21. Bargain (5:35)

DISC TWO:
1. Behind Blue Eyes (3:43)
2. Won't Get Fooled Again (8:22)
3. Let's See Action (3:59)
4. Pure And Easy (5:22)
5. Join Together (4:22)
6. Long Live Rock (3:54)
7. The Real Me [Single Version] (3:34)
8. 5'15 [Single Version] (4:50)
9. Love Reign O'er Me (5:51)
10. Squeeze Box (2:42)
11. Who Are You (6:21)
12. Sister Disco (4:21)
13. You Better You Bet (5:37)
14. Eminence Front (5:37)

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection lyrics

Search THE WHO The Ultimate Collection tabs

- Roger Daltrey / Vocals and harmonica
- John Entwistle / Bass guitar and vocals
- Keith Moon / Drums
- Pete Townshend / Guitar, keyboards and vocals
- Kenney Jones / Drums on "You Better You Bet" and "Eminence Front"

MCA / UTV Records

Thanks to ClassicRocker for the addition

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO The Ultimate Collection Music

Who's Better Who's BestWho's Better Who's Best
Mca 1993
LINDA HEAD "TROUBLE AGAIN / I WONDER WHO'S HOLDING MY BABY TONIGHT" 45 US $2.50 Buy It Now 29m 35s
TOM JONES "I (WHO HAVE NOTHING) " 45 US $3.75 Buy It Now 29m 35s
LIBERATED WAILING WALL who hath believed our report LP VG+ Jews For Jesus US $6.00 Buy It Now 30m 19s
Tommy - The Who 2xLP w lyric booklet Decca US $5.99 [0 bids]
30m 22s
NICK HOWARD - STAY WHO YOU ARE * - NEW CD US $42.76 Buy It Now 30m 31s
The Who, Tommy Audio CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 30m 56s
BO DONALDSON & HEYWOODS "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE / FOOL'S WAY OF LOVIN" 45 US $2.50 Buy It Now 32m 12s
THE WHO "SQUEEZE BOX / SUCCESS STORY" 45 US $2.75 Buy It Now 32m 12s
LARSEN-FEITEN BAND "WHO'LL BE THE FOOL TONIGHT" 45 MINT UNPLAYED US $4.75 Buy It Now 32m 54s
TONY BENNETT "WHO CAN I TURN TO / WALTZ FOR DEBBY" 45 US $3.75 Buy It Now 32m 54s
EURYTHMICS "WHO'S THAT GIRL" 45 MINT US $5.75 Buy It Now 33m 49s
FOUR SEASONS "WHO LOVES YOU / DISCO VERSION" 45 US $2.75 Buy It Now 33m 49s
JOURNEY "WHO'S CRYING NOW / MOTHER FATHER" 45/wPS US $3.50 Buy It Now 33m 49s
The Guess Who Live Very Nice SALE Over 400 fair priced LP's US $4.50 Buy It Now 33m 51s
Bill Gaither Trio--Bless The Lord Who Reigns In Beauty 1981 Vinyl LP Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 34m 16s
ISLEY BROTHERS "WHO LOVES YOU BETTER / PART 2" 45 MINT US $4.75 Buy It Now 34m 37s
Glad--Who Do You Love1987 Christian Pop CCM Vinyl LP Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 35m 20s
Who's Next - The Who LP MCA Black Label NM US $3.99 [1 bids]
35m 48s
The Guess Who "Hand Me Down World" / "Runnin' Down The Street" 7" SINGLE US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 45s
Who's Next - The Who LP MCA BLUE Label NM- US $3.99 [0 bids]
40m 13s
Very Rare Willie Hatcher Soul Good Things Come To Those Who Wait/Searching 45 US $125.00 Buy It Now 40m 52s
Keith Stegall The Fool Who Fooled Around/promo copy 45 (C244) US $0.49 [0 bids]
43m 15s
Q-Unique ?- One Shot / Me That's Who (12" Vinyl) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $4.00 Buy It Now 44m 1s
Circle Research ?- Who? Album LP (12" Vinyl) US $19.00 Buy It Now 44m 1s
By Numbers - The Who LP IN SHRINK NM MCA Black Label US $5.99 [0 bids]
44m 49s
Project Blowed - Who The F*ck Is You? (12" Vinyl) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $3.00 Buy It Now 45m 18s
Tajai ?- The Dum Dum / Who Got It? (12" Vinyl) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $3.00 Buy It Now 47m 11s
By Numbers - The Who LP VG+ MCA Black Label US $3.99 [0 bids]
47m 20s
16 Cassettes Box-The Who,The Kinks,Herman's Hermits,The Moody Blues,The Hollies US $41.99 [0 bids]
47m 41s
THE WHO sell out JAPAN MINI LP CD PETE TOWNSHEND 24BIT SEALED US $39.99 Buy It Now 47m 45s
PETE TOWNSHEND deep end live +2 JAPAN MINI LP CD THE WHO SEALED US $16.99 Buy It Now 47m 45s
SPEEDY KEEN Previous Convictions 1973 orig SEALED LP Thunderclap Newman The Who US $3.95 Buy It Now 47m 54s
The Who Who's Greatest Hits Pete Townshend MCA-5408 (1496) LP US $6.00 [0 bids]
48m 57s
Who Are You - The Who LP MCA cream & tan label US $3.99 [0 bids]
50m 43s
Harlan Howard - Sunday Morning Christian / That Little Boy Who Follows Me VG+ US $1.99 Buy It Now 50m 50s
John Robinson ?- Who Is This Man? Album LP (12" Vinyl) US $22.99 Buy It Now 54m 6s
Ellay Khule ?- Who's Killing Hip-Hop? (12" Vinyl) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $3.00 Buy It Now 54m 6s
Liberated Wailing Wall--Who Hath Believed Our Report? 1979 LP Messianic XIAN US $9.00 Buy It Now 54m 7s
THE WHO "Who's Missing" PROMO CASSETTE TAPE US EX 1985 MCA US $3.98 Buy It Now 54m 29s
Freddy J - Who Am I - Sanman - Goldie - Tammie - D.C. - New CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 54m 35s
THE WHO - RARITIES (VOLUME 1) 1966 - 1968 - POLYDOR RECORDS LP IMPORT US $18.50 Buy It Now 54m 52s
10 Great Songs: Who Let the Dogs Out * by Baha Men Brand New US $8.99 Buy It Now 55m 10s
Who Are You - The Who LP MCA CANADA RED VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
55m 22s
THE WHO - WHO-LA-HOOP (RARE 2LP) US $38.00 Buy It Now 58m 10s
RARE Madonna "Let's Do It" Who's That Girl Concert CD - Italy - Rec. in Japan US $49.99 [0 bids]
58m 21s
CORMEGA - WHO AM I NEW CD US $20.61 Buy It Now 58m 34s
The Who - The High Numbers~The First Complete Rock Opera Vinyl Double LP US $39.00 [0 bids]
59m 5s
Substitute The Songs Of The Who by Various Artists New US $5.59 Buy It Now 59m 13s
Meaty Beaty Big And Bouncy (Greatest Hits ) - The Who LP IN SHRINK MCA blue lab US $4.99 [0 bids]
59m 52s
CD Album. TRAVIS. - THE MAN WHO. US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h
Michele Pillar--Look Who Loves You Now 1983 CCM Vinyl Larry Carlton Sheila Walsh US $9.50 Buy It Now 1h
Guess Who Flavours LP sealed US $8.00 [0 bids]
Meaty Beaty Big And Bouncy (Greatest Hits ) - The Who LP MCA blue label NM- US $3.99 [0 bids]
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? [Bonus Tracks] [PA] [Remaster] by Megadeth... US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO Who Are You NM- MCA-3050 Pete Townsend Roger Daltrey No Bar Code US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Meaty Beaty Big And Bouncy (Greatest Hits ) - The Who LP DECCA GATEFOLD US $3.99 [0 bids]
MADONNA WHO'S THAT GIRL SIRE DANCE 12" US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
* THE WHO "HOOLIGANS" MCA 1981 DOUBLE LP EXCELLENT VINYL LP ALBUM* US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
ZOOM PLATINUM KARAOKE DISC CDZMP111 HITS OF THE WHO VOL 1 CD+G US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Smash Your Head Against The Wall - John Entwistle LP GATEFOLD DECCA The Who solo US $6.99 [0 bids]
Dido: Girl who got away - Deluxe Edition (2013) 2CD TAIWAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Bonfire - Who's Foolin' Who (CD, 2000, BMG Ariola Miller GmbH, Germany) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
THE WHO tommy 2 LP VG+ DXSW 7205 Stereo USA w/Book Decca Original 1969 Record US $25.50 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Inga " Its only love" Iknow who i am" LP VG+ RCA/AFL13499 US $4.76 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Paul Smith--"Back To Who I Am" (5:36) 1989 45 RPM 7" Imperials US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Rigor Mortis Sets In - John Entwistle LP GATEFOLD The Who solo US $5.99 [0 bids]
WHO / BBC SESSIONS JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
WHO / ULTIMATE COLLECTION JAPAN 2CD OOP W/OBI US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Mad Dog - John Entwistle 's OX LP w POSTER/lyric insert The Who solo US $3.99 [0 bids]
ROMEL MORALEZ WHO THE HELL IS ROMEL MORALEZ G.R.P.OFFICIAL RARE PRIVATE RAP 12" US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
+ Nick Howard - Who Fell In Love? CD Single 6trk excellent condition US $5.51 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Too Late The Hero - John Entwistle Joe Walsh LP IMPORT NEW ZEALAND The Who solo US $7.99 [0 bids]
Who I Am by Alan Jackson (CD, Jun-1994, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Korn III: Remember Who You Are [Special Edition] [CD/DVD] [PA] [Digipak] [CD... US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Korn III: Remember Who You Are [Special Edition] [PA] by Korn (CD, Jul-2010,... US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Who Came First - Pete Townshend LP GATEFOLD W/ POSTER The Who solo US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO TOMMY HR CUTTING JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $32.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
FRANK MARINO Mahogany Rush LP Who's Next Funny Muscle Car Catastrophe Cover 1980 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Live at Leeds, Who,Very Good, CASSETTE AUDIO TAPE- complete with artwork,Audio C US $9.36 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Two's Missing, Who,Very Good, CASSETTE AUDIO TAPE- complete with artwork,Audio C US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
NAYOBE good things come to those who wait 12" VG+ SF 812 Freestyle 1986 Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Greatest Hits - The Who LP 1983 US $5.99 [0 bids]
FORENSICS-On A Bridge Atop A Heap Of Friends Who Jumped-FAIRFAX/MERRIFIELD VA-Cd US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Marie Osmond?LP?WHO'S SORRY NOW?japan?EX?!! US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
PETE TOWNSEND (The Who) "I AM" Rare LP (Made For Meher Baba Foundation) US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Who's The Man Soundtrack Hip Hop Cassette US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 29m
* JUDY COLLINS "WHO KNOWS WHERE" ELEKTRA GATEFOLD VINYL LP ALBUM* US $1.19 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Greatest Hits - The Who LP IN SHRINK 1983 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Stuart Hamblen 45 I'm the One Who Loves You/I'll Find You - Columbia 4-20714 VG US $0.99 [0 bids]
Paul Smith--Back To Who I Am 1989 Cassette Imperials US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
LYRES Someone Who'll Treat You Right / She Pays EP '85! US $29.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
BERNIE TAUPIN HE WHO RIDES TIGER PROMO VINYL LP SEALED ELTON JOHN H GATICA US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
THE WHO CD box set 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B 4 Disc Vg+Ex US $32.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
THE WHO FACE DANCES CASSETTE US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
LARSEN FEITEN BAND-Mint Vinyl PROMO 45-Who'll Be The Fool Tonight US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
THE ARCHIES-Who's Your Baby-1970's USA issue Sheet Music US $19.24 Buy It Now 1h 48m
7" 45 rpm ED AMES - WHO WILL ANSWER?/MY LOVE IS GONE - RCA Victor US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
7" 45 rpm - THE FOUR LADS with RAY ELLIS - WHO NEEDS YOU/IT'S SO EASY TO FORGET US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
WHO'S SORRY NOW / I DIDN'T MEAN A WORD I SAID - HARRY JAMES ORCH 10" 78rpm J32 US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 51m
The Who, Marvin Gaye, The Band, Ian Dury, Four Tops, Tim Hardin - U.K. cd RARE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 51m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(48%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(22%)

THE WHO The Ultimate Collection reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars A SUBLIME OVERVIEW

If I am correct, this is only the third compilation that I have rated with five stars. The other two being "Remasters" from the mighty Led Zep and the wonderful "Catch The Spirit" from Mostly Autumn.

So : why the hell should I rate a Who compilation with five stars ? Well, for the following reasons.

Since The Who are not a progressive band for an inch, I pretty much understand that few of you are aware of their music (unless you are as old as I unfortunately am). To put things into perspective, let's imagine the following scenario...

A triple "Best Of" CD from Genesis whith the following tracklist : "Looking For Someone", "The Knife", "The Musical Box", "Hogweed", "Seven Stones", "Salmacis", "Watcher", "Can-Utility", "Supper's", "Dancing Out', "Firth Of Fifth", "The Battle", "Cinema Show", half of "The Lamb', "Dance on a Volcano", "Mad Man Moon", "Ripples", "Los Endos", "Eleventh Earl of Mar", "One For The vine", "All in a Mouse's Night" and "Afterglow". This is just an example but I could have done the same exercise with several other true prog bands.

And that's the reason of this comparison. Who would ever doubt about rating with five stars such an impossible Genesis "Best Of" ? What I mean is that for an unprepared audience of progheads, I can only bloody recommend this Who compilation.

Maybe few of you are really aware of The Who repertoire (which is normal on a prog site). So, this compilation is a PHENOMENAL introduction to one of the greatest rock band all times. Most of their anthems (if not all) are present here. Their major singles like "I Can't Explain", "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere", "My Generation" of course, "The Kids Are Alright", "Substitute", "Pictures Of Lily", "I Can See For Miles" and so on, and so on ... They are all included here.

The best of "Who's Next" as well with "Baba O'Riley", "Bargain" and one of my Who's fave all time : "Won't Get Fooled Again".

A very small bit of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" (which were concept albums and difficult to compile) are just there as an invitation to discover more of their giant work. At least, this is all the best I wish to you. I have reviewed all the possible albums of The Who available on PA, although some great live ("Whight"), videos ("Tommy", "Quadrophenia") or compils ("Who's Better Who's Best", "30 Years of Maximum R&B") are not YET available for reviews.

I guess that 90% of you, readers of PROG archives, would be interested in this compil. Once having discovered part of the work of one of the most influent ROCK band in the history, you might want to explore a bit further and discover "Tommy", "Who's Next" and "Quadrophenia". I would also add (but I am a convinced fan as you might have noticed) "Live At Leeds" for your experience.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#130461) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 27, 2007

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'The Ultimate Collection' - The Who (Compilation)

From a band with so many best-of compilations, even something as casual as picking up what is considered by most music fans to be a budget alternative becomes a decision that favours an informed consumer. With 'The Ultimate Collection', The Who may have their best best-of, although it is given the automatic advantage of being a two disc set, over the majority of the others, which tend to cram all of the material onto a single disc. The first of these discs entails the bands earlier career, up to the point of 'Who's Next', but it primarily focuses on the band's period as a 60's pop rock group. The second disc here is noticeably weaker, but still has some recognizable, strong tunes such as 'Eminence Front' and 'Who Are You'. 'The Ultimate Collection' makes the right decision of expanding the best-of compilation onto a two disc venture rather than curbing itself with a single. Although it may cost a little more than others, it is certainly a more effective album, although the studio full-lengths still hold infinitely more sway than this.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#469577) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 25, 2011

4 stars ok.... my first official album review on here, and i was on here a few months ago on the forums, but i guess this is gonna be more of a review/rating gig only, so hello again. anyway, I have known of the Who since i was a fan of GHIII (with The Seeker on that game), and it got even futher with ... (read more)

Report this review (#1157072) | Posted by Michael678 | Thursday, April 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WHO "The Ultimate Collection"