LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL

The Who Live At The Royal Albert Hall album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Live, released in 2003

Disc One:
1. I Can't Explain (2:51)
2. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (4:33)
3. Pinball Wizard (3:44)
4. Relay (8:14)
5. My Wife (6:38)
6. The Kids Are Alright (6:12)
7. Mary Anne With the Shaky Hand (4:12)
8. Bargain (6:52)
9. Magic Bus (10:05)
10. Who Are You (7:05)
11. Baba O'Riley (5:50)

Disc Two:
1. Drowned (6:38)
2. Heart to Hang Onto (4:41)
3. So Sad About Us (3:19)
4. I'm One (2:51)
5. Getting In Tune (6:21)
6. Behind Blue Eyes (3:48)
7. You Better You Bet (5:46)
8. The Real Me (5:27)
9. 5:15 (11:40)
10. Won't Get Fooled Again (9:12)
11. Substitute (3:20)
12. Let's See Action (5:15)
13. My Generation (5:30)
14. See Me, Feel Me (5:04)

Disc Three (Bonus Tracks):
1. I'm Free (2:50)
2. I Don't Even Know Myself (4:43)
3. Summertime Blues (3:20)
4. Young Man Blues (5:56)

Search THE WHO Live At The Royal Albert Hall lyrics

- Jerry Capehart / featured on Disc 3 Track 3
- Eddie Cochran / featured on Disc 3 Track 3
- Mose Allison / featured on Disc 3 Track 4

Label: Steamhammer Us [Spv]
2 Discs; a limited edition releases contain a Bonus 3rd Disc which features four songs from The Who's last concert with John Entwistle, February 8, 2002.

Thanks to ClassicRocker for the addition

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Live At The Royal Albert Hall Music

Who's Better Who's BestWho's Better Who's Best
Mca 1993
PETE TOWNSHEND Who Came First, Decca vinyl LP, 1972 US $4.99 Buy It Now 29m 37s
SLINGBACKS - The Boy Who Wanted... (UK 3 Tk CD Single Pt 2) US $4.82 Buy It Now 31m 48s
Youth Brigade - What Price Happiness/Who Can You Believe In Better Youth Records US $16.99 Buy It Now 33m 13s
Who You Are by Jessie J (CD, Dec-2011, Source UK (UK)) - VG US $3.60 Buy It Now 33m 38s
Smith, Jimmy, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (Reis) (Dig) Audio CD US $11.09 Buy It Now 35m 6s
1984 Roger Daltrey The Who Parting Should Be Painless LP Album US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 44s
THE INGREDIENTS 45 Hey Who / Please Don't Leave Me - NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 36m 20s
Harleighblu - Who's That Girl BRAND NEW Promo CD Single US $0.81 [0 bids]
38m 7s
GUY SPITALE - WHO'S THAT WOMAN - WARRIOR 1001 - RARE 60'S ROCK & ROLL - VG US $4.00 [1 bids]
38m 12s
The Who's Tommy 2 CD SET.[Original Cast Recording] US $6.99 Buy It Now 38m 46s
Mary Wells SOULFUL SOUND Bye Bye Baby / One Who Really Loves You NEW SEALED 2 CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
39m 4s
Jerry Mendelson "I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now / Heartaches" Halifax HX-101 45 US $29.00 Buy It Now 39m 10s
C4 promo edition 10 FOLD B- LOW FOR THOSE WHO SHARE THE SUN US $16.79 Buy It Now 39m 28s
THE GUESS WHO AMRICAN WOMAN RCA USA GATEFOLD COVER LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 40m 18s
Who Are You - The Who - MCA-3050 US $14.99 Buy It Now 42m 46s
Cohan The Man Who Owns Broadway Various LP US $9.60 Buy It Now 43m 1s
Ask a Woman Who Knows by Natalie Cole US $1.99 Buy It Now 44m 5s
? Sierra (Mercury 7179) ('77) (produced by Felix Pappalardi who is on 4 songs) US $14.99 Buy It Now 44m 54s
1980 Doctor Who 45 Record BBC-451 US $1.99 [1 bids]
46m 12s
Who has seen the wind Beatles 45 7" Apple Record Import Rock Generic Sleeve US $1.50 [0 bids]
46m 14s
ROSALIE ALLEN Promo 78 It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk RCA Victor 20-4853 VG+ US $6.79 Buy It Now 47m 8s
The Guess Who - Best of QUAD 8-TRACK TAPE quadraphonic TESTED ~see my other Q8's US $34.99 [0 bids]
47m 39s
DOLLAR o l'amour 12" 3 trk extra beat boys mix b/w b-beat and who were you with US $8.45 Buy It Now 51m 4s
Devil Doll The Girl Who Was Death CD Rare OOP Renaissance Weird Cult Prog Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
52m 26s
Bo Diddley You Can't Judge A Book By it's Cover / Who Do You Love 7" 45 rpm NM US $9.28 Buy It Now 52m 39s
CHRISTINE McVIE Got A Hold On Me/Who's Dreaming... PICTURE DISC 12" WB UK Import US $8.00 [0 bids]
53m 17s
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night 1st US Press LONDON LP STERLING US $19.99 [0 bids]
GUESS WHO Flavours 1975 PRIG US LP HYPE STICKER SEALED PROMO US $16.99 [0 bids]
Roger Daltrey Who .WOW Superb MegaRare Press Photo US $8.07 Buy It Now 55m 9s
The Guess Who Star Baby 45 rpm Promo Record US $5.00 [0 bids]
56m 14s
ERASURE it doesn't have to be 12" 3 trk boop oopa doo mix b/w who needs love lik US $8.45 Buy It Now 57m 25s
DEAN MARTIN I'm The One Who Loves You, original Reprise vinyl LP, 1965, EX/VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 57m 48s
ERASURE circus 12" 4 trk bareback rider mix b/w it doesn't have to be,who needs US $8.45 Buy It Now 57m 49s
ENDLESS WAVE who put the bomp 12" 2 trk white label test pressing with handwritt US $8.45 Buy It Now 58m 53s
The Who - Who's Next (Deluxe Edition) 120g Vinyl 3LP Record Album US $31.14 Buy It Now 58m 57s
Alan Jackson " Who I Am " ( Like New CD ) US $8.00 Buy It Now 59m 1s
THAD BOSLEY - Who Can Change The World? CD Religious US $0.99 [0 bids]
1h
Kenny Rogers - Anyone Who Isn't Me Tonight 45 rpm vinyl UA Records NM 1978 US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h
6 LP's by The Who and Pete Townshend US $24.00 [0 bids]
1h
Yannis Markopoulos Who Pays the Ferryman Music from BBC TV Series 7" Single US $8.07 Buy It Now 1h
ACDC Back in black, dirty deeds, who made who, highway to hell, record lot US $30.00 [2 bids]
Doctor Who - Series 6 0738572137526, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $26.23 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Guess Who I Saw Today 0724347755620, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $19.63 Buy It Now 1h 3m
DANZIG Who Killed Marilyn solo 7" MISFITS Spook City USA fan club US $8.99 [0 bids]
Classical Music For People Who Hate C 0090266266425, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $16.47 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Boy Who Knew Too Much by Mika (CD, Sep-2009, Casablanca) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
ELECTRIC BOYS electrified 12" 4 trk red pic sleeve design b/w who are you,all li US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 6m
ELECTRIC BOYS electrified 12" 4 trk red pic sleeve design b/w who are you,a US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Bonavista by Kim Stockwood CD Matthew Sweet, Randy Bachman ( The Guess Who, BTO) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Who Knew Charlie Shoe? * by Gregg Bendian (CD, Oct-2007, Cuneiform Records) US $2.99 [0 bids]
ROD BERNARD: Colinda/Who's Gonna Rock My Baby (country VG vinyl 45 VJ-1902) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
CHARLEY PRIDE: Then Who Am I/Completely Helpless (PROMO country VG++ vinyl 45) US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
BILL HOWARD: Where Was I/Who Poured The Whiskey In The Well (country vinyl 45) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Joey Welz/Dew Watson Somewhere Elvis Is Smiling NM/Who Do You Want Rock 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Rusted Root - Who Do You Tell It To - Mercury 1997 U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $8.97 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Rebecca Hall 12" Single Who Says Girls Can't Rock And Roll 21 Records 1983 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Spy Who Loved Me. Motion Picture Soundtrack. 1977 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
The Who - Who's Next - MCA 3024 - VG+ US $11.50 Buy It Now 1h 15m
ESCOFFERYS look who's loving me 12" 4 trk featuring radio mix,r&b remix,house re US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BRANDY WHO IS SHE 2 U - 4 TRACK PROMO 2004 PRCD 310518 USA PRESSING - TIMBALAND US $9.99 [0 bids]
Horslips THE MAN WHO BUILT AMERICA LP USA DJM VG+/VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? by Megadeth (Cassette, Aug-1987, Capitol/EMI... US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
JACOBY BROTHERS: Who Ye Primpin' Fer! / One Man's Sorrow 45 Country US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Who Else! by Jeff Beck (Cassette, Mar-1999, Epic) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
My Generation by The Who the very best of (CD, 1996 ) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Smokey Robinson & the Miracles MOTOWN 45 (Tamla 54194) Who's Gonna Take... VG+ US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THE WHO A Quick One (Happy Jack) 1995 MCA [Remaster] CD US $7.49 [0 bids]
Jellybean: Who Found Who / The Real Thing Part II 7" 45 VG++ Canada Chrysalis US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Mantronix RAP 45 (SLEEPING BAG SM-7LX-25) Who Is It/Same NM PROMO US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 20m
MEN AT WORK Lot of 3 45s Who Can It Be Now/It's A Mistake/Dr. Heckyll US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 20m
M.C. MIKE & D.J. MAZE 12 inch Single Who Likes To Reggae Down 1992 Hip Hop US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
THE WHO WHO ARE YOU LP RED COLORED VINYL 1978 US $24.99 [0 bids]
The Who - Live at Leeds LP 12" US $1.99 [0 bids]
Larry Birdsong: I'm So Glad You're Home / Who Do You Love 7" 45 VG++ USA Ace 589 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
FRANKIE who the am dam do you think you am 12" 2 trk with a4 promo info sheet b/ US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Adam Faith: Who Am I? / This Is It 7" 45 VG++ UK Parlophone 45-R 4735 US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Connie Francis TEEN LP (MGM E 3686) Who's Sorry Now NM- MONAURAL US $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Timmie "Oh Yeah" Rogers 45 Back to School Again/I've Got a Dog Who 7" vinyl rpm US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Anthony Newley WHO CAN I TURN TO RCA LPM-3347 Near Mint US $22.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
RICHARD "DIMPLE" FIELDS EARTH ANGEL/MEN WHO RATE A TEN" 1981 BROADWALK HEAR!! US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Bangkok Five Who's Gonna Take Us Alive? NEW ship fast not a promo combined ship US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Who, Tommy 45rpm Clarity Test Pressing Box Set US $445.00 [28 bids]
Looking Glass: Who's gonna sing my rock n r / City lady 7" 45rpm vinyl record 7b US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The WHO - LIVE at 2012 London Olympics (BLUE) vinyl LP SOLD OUT #46/1000 import US $124.98 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The "You Know Who" Group International Allied Records Ltd. Garage Rock Nuggets US $14.99 [0 bids]
RANDY BACHMAN SURVIVOR SOLO LP ALBUM GUESS WHO BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE BTO US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE YOU KNOW WHO GROUP - PLAYBOY // MY LOVE - EX+ US $3.30 Buy It Now 1h 27m
THE ROCKIN' STRINGS - BLUEBERRY HILL // WHO'S SORRY NOW + SLV VG+ US $3.30 Buy It Now 1h 27m
FRENCH CONNECTION who cares 12" 3 trk whitel label in stickered sleeve trax mix US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE GUESS WHO ROCKIN' STILL IN SHRINKWARP LP VINYL ALBUM EX LYRIC INSERT US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jose Padilla Who Do You Love 12" Vinyl Single US $9.68 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE GUESS WHO ARTIFICIAL PARADISE RARE MAGTEC REEL TO REEL TAPE 7.5 US $54.99 [0 bids]
Who Re Framed the a Team - A-team New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $15.46 Buy It Now 1h 29m
45 Rock GENE PITNEY (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance 1962 Musicor 1020 US $11.99 [0 bids]
CARMEL QUINN - WHO ARE YOU FOOLIN' NOW / YOU CANT RUN AWAY FROM YOUR HEART - EX US $3.30 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Doorway 27 Who I Am CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Gibson Bros - The Man Who Loved Couch Dancing - BRAND NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
RONNIE McDOWELL "WHO'LL TURN OUT THE LIGHTS / HEY HEY MISS LUCY" 45 MINT US $0.99 [0 bids]
V.A. 20 HEAVY HITS LP ALBUM EX IN SHRINK WRAP THE WHO JANIS JOPLIN US $5.99 [0 bids]
UNION - On Strike (1981 HARD ROCK) GUESS WHO IRONHORSE BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Live At The Royal Albert Hall ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(23%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(46%)

THE WHO Live At The Royal Albert Hall reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This was a benefit concert for the Teenage Cancer Trust. It was recorded on 27th November 2000. Zak Starkey (son of Ringo Star) who has been a regular drummer for The Who is a priviliged guest on this live performance.

Because it is a true live performance, believe me. The Who has always been a FANTASTIC live band. Out of the legendary sixties, very few (to none) have survived. And probably none at all can still achieve such great live appearences.

What The Who delivered here is just a wonderful collection of songs from the mid sixties to the mid eighties. It is particularly emotional to listen to disc III, which was the last live appearence of John Entwistle (which was recorded in February 2002). I have seen The Who three times live (out of four in my home country : Belgium). It has always be a very special moment in my life. These guys are giants. The type of guys that are REALLY scarce these days.

I guess this effort is the second best live one after "Live At Leeds"; although "Isle Of Whight" is very interesting as well (but not yet available for review). There is of course no need to talk about their legendary concert at Woodstock (only available in boot format - but yes, I have it since I am a Woodstock maniac amongst another hundred things).

There is also an incredible setlist of guests here. I don't praise them so much. They are pat of a wonderful event and by no means they overshadowed the real stars of the evening.

I can only tell you to get into this great live album. "You Better, You Bet" to do so. Let "See Them, Feel Them". I can tell you that you "Won't Get Fooled Again" doing so and that there are no "Substitue" to The Who. They might be from "My Generation" and not yours but don't get "Drowned", it's not yet "5'15" (only 2 AM in Brussels at the time of this review), but you'd better "Getting in Tune". "I Can't Explain" why I love The Who so much. Just ask Paul Weller why he feels "So Sad About Them".

I won't ask "My Wife" to discuss this album, she might prevent me to be the "Pinball Wizzard" and I definitely do not want to "Bargain". I just hope that my "Kids Are alright" while stepping into the "Magic Bus" of The Who. One of the very few legendary rock bands on earth still in activity. Last time I saw them was in June this year in Antwerp. I shouldn't have been there because of health problems but I really couln'd miss that one (although I missed the Tull on June, 1st in Brussels for the same reasons).

Four stars my prog friends, only because I would have hoped more "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" songs. But WHO can blame THE WHO for not playing five hours in a row ? Not me. Thanks a lot Pete, Roger, Keith and John. You'll be present in my heart till I die. AND I MEAN IT.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#130471) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 27, 2007

Post a review of THE WHO "Live At The Royal Albert Hall"