THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT (ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK OF THE FILM)

The Who

Proto-Prog

The Who The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) album cover

rock music collection

Buy THE WHO Music
Live, released in 1979

1. My Generation (2:33)
2. I Can't Explain (1:59)
3. Happy Jack (2:11)
4. I Can See for Miles (4:14)
5. Magic Bus (3:21)
6. Long Live Rock (3:54)
7. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2:48)
8. Young Man's Blues (5:46)
9. My Wife (5:45)
10. Baba O'Riley (5:29)
11. A Quick One (7:28)
12. Tommy, Can You Hear Me? (1:45)
13. Sparks (2:59)
14. Pinball Wizard (2:45)
15. See Me, Feel Me (5:26)
16. Medley: Join Together (4:21) / Roadrunner (2:21) / My Generation Blues (3:04)
17. Won't Get Fooled Again (9:50)

Search THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) lyrics

Search THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) tabs

- Pete Townshend / guitars, vocals, keyboards
- Roger Daltrey / vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, percussion
- John Entwistle / bass, vocals

L.P. (U.K.): Polydor 2675 179 (2 L.P. Set)
C.D. (U.K.) : Polydor 517 947-2
L.P. (U.S.): MCA MCA2-6899 (2. L.P. Set)
C.D. (U.S.): MCAD-6899 (1 C.D., released without the "Medley: Join Together / Roadrunner / My Generation Blues" )

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) Music

Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
Who Are YouWho Are You
Extra tracks · Remastered
Mca 1996
B1A4 - WHO AM I (IMPORT) NEW CD US $34.01 Buy It Now 30m 32s
THE WHO - Who`s Next RARE URUGUAY LP NICE SHAPE - Spanish titles! US $100.00 Buy It Now 32m 4s
BENNY BARNES ~ Poor Man's Riches / Those Who Know ~ STARDAY excellent condition US $10.00 Buy It Now 38m 15s
JERRI ADAMS "WHO NEEDS YOU / PLAY FOR KEEPS" COLUMBIA PROMO - 45 VINYL SINGLE US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 17s
JANACEK: The Diary of One Who Disappeared-NM1979LP CZECH IMPORT w/ LIBRETTO US $12.99 Buy It Now 38m 52s
WHO CAN SMELL BULLSHIT IMPORT 2 Lp RECORD Various HARD CORE PUNK LTD US $50.00 Buy It Now 38m 53s
2 cd lot Stevie Ray Vaughn Steve Vai The Who Johnny Winter Andy Timmons US $9.49 [0 bids]
39m 3s
CAB CALLOWAY ORCHESTRA BLUES IN THE NIGHT / SAYS WHO? SAYS YOU, SAYS I ! / EX-NM US $24.99 [0 bids]
39m 48s
Tango (The Elegy for Those Who Are No Longer) CD SEALED US $0.99 [3 bids]
40m 13s
TRAVIS The Man Who CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
41m 25s
RARE 8 Track SAM COOKE The Man Who Invented Soul RCA Victor Stereo US $24.48 Buy It Now 41m 38s
Bernie Taupin TRIBE RCA LP from 1987 Poet who Wrote many Lrics for ELTON JOHN US $9.00 Buy It Now 41m 40s
CC CD SINGLE.+ FREE BONUS CD.MADISON AVENUE..WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PLUS BABY US $8.94 Buy It Now 42m 24s
THE WHO Face Dances Cassette Tape US $3.95 [0 bids]
44m 3s
Who I Am by Jessica Andrews (CD, Feb-2001, Dreamworks SKG) US $1.00 [0 bids]
46m 29s
THE WHO -- "IT'S HARD" US $3.99 [0 bids]
47m 22s
Staple Singers 45 My Main Man / Who Made The Man (Soul) UK VG+ US $6.50 [0 bids]
Isley Brothers 45 Who Loves You Better (Soul) M- US $6.50 [0 bids]
Mary Hopkin 45 Knock Knock Who's There (Folk) NM US $6.50 [0 bids]
47m 33s
Ask a Woman Who Knows by Natalie Cole (CD, Sep-2002, Verve) -EXCELLENT US $1.69 [0 bids]
47m 39s
Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now / Stupid Cupid MGM Records NM 1958 US $7.00 Buy It Now 48m 45s
THE WHO * LIVE AT LEEDS * VG ++ NICE ONE ! MAKES A GREAT GIFT US $9.75 Buy It Now 50m 13s
Sly Stone 45 Le Lo Li / Who Do You Love (Funk) EX US $6.50 [0 bids]
50m 20s
Ohio Players 45 Who'd She Coo? / Bi-Cent (Funk) MINT US $6.50 [0 bids]
50m 20s
MIKE BERRY & INNOCENTS "WHO WILL IT BE b/w "TALK" 45 ORIGINAL 1964 UK HMV1314 US $4.99 [0 bids]
54m 37s
Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf soundtrack LP US $26.00 Buy It Now 56m 29s
B.B. KING Guess Who / Better Loving Man ABC Paramount 45 7" Soul Blues US $5.99 [0 bids]
58m 9s
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? by Megadeth (CD, Aug-1987, Capitol/EMI Records) US $3.00 [8 bids]
58m 21s
LARSEN FEITEN BAND FURTHER NOTICE WHO'LL BE THE 7" 45 RPM INTL SHIP SLSP 131 ZF US $1.49 [0 bids]
GUESS WHO HEARTBROKEN BOPPER 7" 45 RPM SLSR 182 ZG US $1.49 [0 bids]
58m 33s
BOYS DON'T CRY WHO THE AM DAM DO YOU THINK 7" 45 RPM NM INTL SHIP SLSF 142 ZB US $1.49 [0 bids]
58m 33s
UK 200g NEAR MINT 3LPs!! THE WHO "Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970" US $50.00 [0 bids]
58m 57s
Who Put The Bomp: Hits From 1960's - Original Artists & Hits (Cassette 1983) NM US $5.49 Buy It Now 59m 22s
AUSTIN POWERS/SPY WHO SHAGGED ME LOT OST/Motion Soundtrack 2 Discs TESTED US $5.00 [0 bids]
ED AMES LP WHO WILL ANSWER AND OTHER SONGS OF OUR TIME 1968 MADE IN USA US $10.78 Buy It Now 1h 5m
ART OF NOISE WHO'S AFRAID OF THE ART OF NOISE JAPAN CD ZTT P33D-20025 US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Who I Am by Alan Jackson (CD, Jun-1994, Arista) US $4.25 [0 bids]
George Thorogood & the Destroyers Who Do You Love / I'll Change My Style ROUNDER US $0.99 [2 bids]
Austin Powers-Spy Who Shagged Me/GREEN DAY-The Who-Cd's US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
THE WHO LIVE AT LEEDS CD 1995 MCA REMASTERED BOOKLET USED GREAT CONDITION US $2.99 [0 bids]
To Make Me Who I Am, Aaron Neville, New US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Who: Who's Next LP VG+/VG++ Canada MCA 3024 US $12.49 Buy It Now 1h 14m
45 R&B Jesse Belvin/Funny/Guess Who/RCA Victor/USA/EX HEAR US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Re45 SMOKEY ROBINSON & MIRACLES Tears Of A Clown/Who's Gonna take the Blame US $3.49 [0 bids]
Prong : Who's Fist Is This Anyway? US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Who By Numbers 12" Record LP Album VG + US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Then and Now: 1964-2004 by The Who (CD, Mar-2004, Geffen) US $5.95 [0 bids]
SOUTHERN CONFERENCE-Who Am I-gangsta rap-cd's US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
How the grinch stole Christmas & Horton has a who, Dr. Seuss CD Disney kids US $11.99 [0 bids]
1982 CLASSIC ROCK The Who It's Hard Vintage Vinyl LP POP DIGITAL VIDEO GAME ART US $1.99 [0 bids]
ANTHONY NEWLEY "'Who Can I Turn To' and Other Songs" / RCA LSP-3347 Stereo NM- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE GUESS WHO 45 RPM RECORD US $1.00 [0 bids]
7" 45 rpm - CONNIE FRANCIS - WHO'S SORRY NOW/STUPID CUPID - Polydor US $4.99 [0 bids]
A DAY TO REMEMBER "For Those Who Have Heart" LP 2013 Victory VR337-1 (Vinyl) US $5.00 [6 bids]
WHOKILL - TUNE YARDS - NEW CD - WHO KILL - 4AD - TUNEYARDS US $11.63 Buy It Now 1h 34m
HORSLIPS The Man Who Built America 1978 CLASSIC ROCK LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Who Killed Acid Jazz? by Bass Buddah Heads (CD, Aug-1995, C&S Records) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
{PRE}SHADES - WHO YOU GONNA RUN TO/ KARL BRYAN & ACES - LOOK WHO IS BACK/ 7" US $3.99 [1 bids]
Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf Film Movie Soundtrack LP Sealed Alex North US $29.95 [0 bids]
Rare PETE TOWNSHEND CD LIFEHOUSE Who Are You Remix Baba O'Riley SEALED NEW US $6.99 [0 bids]
Guess Who Sown & Grown In Canada Born In Canada 1969 Wand Progressive Rock Lp US $4.99 [0 bids]
45 1969 DUNHILL MAMA CASS Who's To Blame / It's Getting Better 45 7" Dunhill US $6.99 [0 bids]
Look Who's Perfect Now [CD 1], Transistor, Excellent724389496123 US $1.62 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Phil Orsi&The Little Kings *Stay*/*Who Ever He May Be* US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Richard Pryor - Who Me? I'm Not Him - LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
Henry Kaiser -- Those Who Know History Are Doomed To Repeat It CD US $1.49 [1 bids]
Who's the 3rd man? [Single-CD], 3rd Man, Very Good US $2.15 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Who Let the Dogs Out, Baha Men, Very Good US $1.62 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Prefontaine NM CD Soundtrack CCR Jimi Hendrix The Band Who Lynyrd Skynyrd US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
THE WHO - WHO'S NEXT D/Rem CD w/BONUS Trax ~ PETE TOWNSEND~ROGER DALTREY *NEW* US $13.03 Buy It Now 1h 53m
New HUMAN TELEVISION: Look Who You are Talking To CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Little Lenny & Cecile "Who's The Man" and "Moesha Version" M-Phatic Records US $1.99 [0 bids]
Who's the Daddy Pt. 2 [CD 2], Lovebug, Very Good US $1.62 Buy It Now 1h 55m
The Who It's Hard LP Record US $10.95 Buy It Now 1h 55m
WHO CD UK RAK 1996, JAMAICA, Very Good US $1.62 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Who I Am by Alan Jackson (CD, Jun-1994, Arista) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
The Who WHO ARE YOU CD ~ Exc. USED Cond. w/BONUS TRACKS Not to be taken away.... US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h
Battle of Who Could Care Less [CD 2] [CD 2], Ben Folds Five, Very Good US $1.62 Buy It Now 2h 2m
WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD LOVE CD UK PARLOPHONE 1990, WILD WEEKEND, Very Good US $1.62 Buy It Now 2h 3m
John Lennon & Yoko Ono -- Instant Karma b/w Who Has Seen The Wind 7" US $1.59 [0 bids]
Bluebird 78 Fats Waller and his Rhythm Who'll Take My Place ^ Abdullah ^ US $10.00 [0 bids]
EMI South Africa 45 Vera Lynn with Jordinaires Who's Sorry Now? My Mother's Eyes US $10.00 [0 bids]
CD ALBUM, ROCK SONGBOOK VOL.2 WHO,DEEP PURPLE,MOTORHEAD,STATUS QUO,SWEET ETC US $17.92 Buy It Now 2h 11m
PLANETFUNK Who Said (Stuck In The UK) CD Single US $8.94 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Paul Tex Yearout Who is Really Running Your Life CR1402 R VG+ C VG-EX (LP-11208) US $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Tom Jones - I Who Have Nothing / Stop Breaking My Heart 45 1970 VG / VG+ US $1.79 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Oy baby! 2 Incredible Jewish music for kids and grownups who love them US $7.00 [0 bids]
MICHAEL ROSE - CLAP THE BARBER / GUESS WHO IS COMING / AFRICAN TRAIN 10" ?? US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
45 STEEL BREEZE ~ YOU DON'T WANT ME ANYMORE / WHO'S GONNA LOVE YOU TONIGHT - '82 US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Lot of 4 Vintage Records Paul McCartney & Wings, The Who, Elton John '73&'75 US $6.99 [0 bids]
ARETHA FRANKLIN - WHO'S ZOOMIN WHO - ARISTA LP - SEALED WITH HYPE STICKER US $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Mecca Normal -- Who Shot Elvis LP US $12.99 [0 bids]
Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men (CD 2000) US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Who Killed Amanda Palmer [Digipak] by Amanda Palmer (CD, Sep-2008, Roadrunner... US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Strawberry Zots -- The Girl Who Couldn't Decide 12" EP US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE GUESS WHO - THESE EYES [090431941829] - NEW CD US $3.66 Buy It Now 2h 37m
THE WHO 'The Last Time' 45 UK US $40.00 [0 bids]
7" 45 rpm ED AMES - WHO WILL ANSWER?/MY LOVE IS GONE - RCA Victor US $1.99 [0 bids]
7" 45 rpm - THE FOUR LADS with RAY ELLIS - WHO NEEDS YOU/IT'S SO EASY TO FORGET US $1.99 [0 bids]
Rolling Stones - Who Atre The Stones Picture CD US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(56%)

THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars This is the album of the Original Soundtrack of the Film of the same name. It is mostly a live album, with the inclusion of some studio tracks ("I Can See for Miles", "Magic Bus", "Long Live Rock", "Tommy, Can You Hear Me?"). The old L.P. version also included a booklet with photos and details about each track in the album. This album also includes two tracks which were not included in the Film ("I Can See for Miles" and a heavy live version of "My Wife", sung by John Entwistle). This is a good album, but the quality of some of the recordings is not very good, with some of them taking the audio from some T.V. programmes broadcasts and being recorded in Mono. It seems that some live tracks had some overdubs done in the studio (like the bass guitar in "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" and some drum parts in "Won`t Get Fooled Again"). Despite the sound quality of some of the tracks, this is a good compilation that it is very good because it shows the evolution of the band from the mid sixties until their last recording appearances of Keith Moon in concert with the band ("Baba O`Riley" and "Won`t Get Fooled Again", both filmed and recorded at Shepperton Studios in May 1978, specially for thier inclusion in the film and in this album). Both songs show (with also "My Wife", which was recorded and filmed in December 1977, but not included in the film) that Keith Moon`s playing had deteriorated a bit. Despite this, his playing was even better on these tracks in comparison to other live versions of these songs which were played by Kenney Jones in later years. Moon`s style was very important in the band, and other drummers, despite being very good, never played the old songs like him (the most closer to his style is Zak Starkey`s playing).

Other good live versions in this album are:

-The heavy "Young Man`s Blues" and the Medley "Join Together" / "Roadrunner" / "My Generation Blues".

-The tracks from "Tommy" recorded at the "Woodstock Festival" ("Sparks", "Pinball Wizard", "See Me Feel Me".

The tracks in this album are presented in their original lenght, in comparison to the film, on which some of them are edited or played in a higher speed.

The film is funny, with Keith Moon`s antics being shown in T.V. broadcasts, interviews and photos. It is very recommendable, like this album, as a retrospective of the band in their years with Keith Moon.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#130869) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 30, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars These are a collection of live songs (and a few studio ones as well) recorded by The Who throughout their incredible career. The Who were the essence of rock music and a great band on stage. They were also very funny and imprevisable (just listen to their interview as the opening sequence for "My Generation" : absolutely irresistible. It was recorded in '67 during The Smoothers Brothers Show like "I Can See for Miles" which is a kind of studio "live" recording. "My Generation" wasn't a pure live performance either. Music was pre-recorded while Daltrey effectively was singing at the show.

Most of the songs were recorded in the mid-late sixties. Some have a real bad sound (as "I Can't Explain" recorded in 1965). "Happy Jack" was recorded in Leeds (1970) and will be released on the deluxe edition of "Live At Leeds". "Magic Bus" is represented in a standard format (Beat Club, '68). "Long Live Rock" is a pure rock'n'roll song recorded in '72. One of the weakest of this album.

Very poor sound for " Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" from the legendary programme "Ready, Steady, Go !" in '65. A wild (but The Who WERE wild on stage) version of "Young Man Blues". It is truely exceptional. Recorded at the end of '69, it is one of the greatest moment of this album. It is really close to what they will perform a few weeks later in Leeds. "My Wife" from the "Who's Next" sessions was recorded in 1977 (Kilburn University). It is one of the few songs written by Entwistle. Again, this version is devastating. Dynamite, for sure.

From "Young Man Blues" through "Won't Get Fooled Again", the performances ranges from great to fabulous (except the average "Tommy, Can You Hear Me" recorded for Beat Club in '69 and the medley "Join Together-Roadrunner-My Generation Blues").

"Baba..." was recorded at the famous Shepperton studios in May '78, and it is very strong. The band achieved an exceptional rendition of this great studio track. Next one is probably one of the difficult of their repertoire to play live : "A Quick One, While He's Away". IMO, the reference for this song in terms of live performance will be the one available on the deluxe edition of "Live At Leeds". This one is good, but not exceptional. It is accepted to be their first mini-opera. It is indeed a rather complex song (remember, the original version clocked over nine minutes. It was in 1966...). This version is an excerpts of the movie "The Rolling Stones Rock'n'Roll Circus" (1968).

The next trio of song are part of MY legend. Woodstock.

I have been trying over the years to compile as much of this event as possible. I guess that so far, I must own a third of what was played during these three days (and three nights). But probably eighty percent of the most interesting moments of which the whole of the extraordinary performance of The Who (available , but not officially, which I still do not understand why).

Anyway "Sparks", "Pinball" and "See Me, Feel Me" (although they should have released the whole of "We're Not Gonna Take It" IMO). This is a very emotional moment for me. This event is probably the one which has influenced me the most. Audio quality here is very good throughout the Woodstock sequence. Their concert was scheduled on Saturday, August 15th. Due to severe weather conditions and a complete chaos, The Who will start around five AM on Sunday. For seventy-five minutes of a legendary concert.

And finally, we'll get the ultimate version of "Won't Get Fooled Again". Ultimate, because this song was recorded at Sheperton in May 1978 and Keith died in September 7th. This was the very last appearence of the great quatuor.

There won't be any second of prog here of course (but The Who are of course not a prog band). Just wiiiiiiiiiiild music. Four stars (only because sound is very poor on two tracks, and the over extended meddley is not really good).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131630) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 03, 2007

4 stars Definitely a gem. "The kids are alright" by the Who is a compilation which includes several pieces from the brilliant documentary-movie about their career, that was released worldwide in 1979. The songs are not the original studio versions and to be honest for a compilation format this is ab ... (read more)

Report this review (#234364) | Posted by Malve87 | Sunday, August 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WHO "The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film)"