THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT (ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK OF THE FILM)

The Who

Proto-Prog

The Who The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) album cover

rock music collection

Buy THE WHO Music
Live, released in 1979

1. My Generation (2:33)
2. I Can't Explain (1:59)
3. Happy Jack (2:11)
4. I Can See for Miles (4:14)
5. Magic Bus (3:21)
6. Long Live Rock (3:54)
7. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2:48)
8. Young Man's Blues (5:46)
9. My Wife (5:45)
10. Baba O'Riley (5:29)
11. A Quick One (7:28)
12. Tommy, Can You Hear Me? (1:45)
13. Sparks (2:59)
14. Pinball Wizard (2:45)
15. See Me, Feel Me (5:26)
16. Medley: Join Together (4:21) / Roadrunner (2:21) / My Generation Blues (3:04)
17. Won't Get Fooled Again (9:50)

Search THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) lyrics

Search THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) tabs

- Pete Townshend / guitars, vocals, keyboards
- Roger Daltrey / vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, percussion
- John Entwistle / bass, vocals

L.P. (U.K.): Polydor 2675 179 (2 L.P. Set)
C.D. (U.K.) : Polydor 517 947-2
L.P. (U.S.): MCA MCA2-6899 (2. L.P. Set)
C.D. (U.S.): MCAD-6899 (1 C.D., released without the "Medley: Join Together / Roadrunner / My Generation Blues" )

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) Music

Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
EVE who's that girl CD 3 track main pass radio rdit promo with info stickered ca US $8.53 Buy It Now 30m 10s
Deep Purple Who Do We Think We Are 1973 1st Warner Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $36.00 Buy It Now 30m 54s
THE WHO QUADROPHENIA SUPER-DELUXE LIMITED EDITION CD + DVD BOX SET SEALED US $129.99 Buy It Now 32m 26s
THE WHO Who Are You NM MCA-3050 Pete Townsend Roger Daltrey No Bar Code US $12.76 Buy It Now 32m 37s
THE WHO LIVE AT ROYAL ALBERT HALL 3CD SET US $12.99 [0 bids]
34m 12s
THE WHO-FACE DANCES +5-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD LTD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 34m 38s
"The Who Tommy"Original 1969 First US Issue Press DECCA DXSW 7205 NM- to VG++ US $16.95 [0 bids]
35m 14s
The Who Pin Badge - Circles Logo. US $7.68 Buy It Now 37m 10s
78rpm JAQUES FRAY & MARIO BRAGGIOTTI who cares / s`wonderful PIANO DUET US $34.20 Buy It Now 38m 17s
FATT JAKK AND HIS PACK OF PETS doggy who let the dogs out CD 2 track card sleeve US $8.53 Buy It Now 40m 21s
MADONNA - Who's That Girl - 1987 UK 2-track 7" vinyl US $11.95 Buy It Now 41m 39s
MADONNA - Who's That Girl - 1987 UK 2-track 7" vinyl US $11.95 Buy It Now 43m 2s
THE WHO - LIVE AT LEEDS US $1.69 [1 bids]
45m 25s
78rpm CONNIE FRANCIS who`s sorry now / you were only fooling US $27.36 Buy It Now 45m 34s
THE WHO DRINKS COASTER. Mod, psychedelia, 60's pop, scooter. US $5.11 Buy It Now 45m 36s
FISH MONKEY MAN world revolves around you CD 3 track b/w man who took speed and US $8.53 Buy It Now 47m 5s
FISH MONKEY MAN sunshine down CD 3 track b/w man who took speed for a comedown a US $8.53 Buy It Now 47m 8s
THE WHO 'The Last Time' 45 UK US $50.00 [0 bids]
47m 13s
(JUDY GARLAND at The Grove)-greatest entertainer who ever lived-K3-LP US $21.10 Buy It Now 52m 20s
KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND 5CD NEW Do It Good/ST/Part 3/Who Do Ya/Do You Wanna US $23.33 Buy It Now 53m 7s
THE GUESS WHO -AMERICAN WOMAN+ ALL THIS FOR A SONG+ SHARE THE LAND----5 ALBUMS!! US $29.99 Buy It Now 54m 5s
Those Who Lie Beneath - An Awakening NEW CD US $14.04 Buy It Now 54m 17s
FRANKIE OLIVER who's gonna do it CD 4 track b/w dub, look hom long and look how US $8.53 Buy It Now 55m 47s
THE UNAUTHORIZED AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF HOWARD WHO-1972 LP US $3.50 Buy It Now 59m 54s
BURTON CUMMINGS:DREAM OF A CHILD..1978 LP-THE GUESS WHO US $4.00 Buy It Now 59m 54s
THE WHO vinyl lp FACE DANCES with huge fold out poster US $6.99 [0 bids]
59m 59s
MOUNTAIN GLORY " HAPPY IS THE MAN WHO KNOWS THE LORD " RARE TEMPO VINYL LP 1974 US $10.24 Buy It Now 1h
THE WHO Who's Next CD BRAND NEW Bonus Tracks US $15.60 Buy It Now 1h
O' JAYS LOVE TRAIN / WHO AM I S CBS 1181 7" VINYL RECORD VG 24 US $6.82 Buy It Now 1h 2m
FOUR SEASONS - WHO LOVES YOU ? - 7"- RARE - URUGUAY US $38.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Guess Who - Laughing / undun - vg + condition 45-RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 - The Who - I Can See For Miles - 1967 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Youngman - Who knows / Tear it out - 2 x CD promo set DUBSTEP US $8.53 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Vtg 80s 1983 Rock Pete Townshend Scoop Vinyl 2 LP Record Album Cover Art Who US $13.59 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Vtg Rock Pete Townshend The Who Face Dances Vinyl LP Record Album Cover Art US $13.59 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Rock 12 In THE WHO I'm A Boy et al WL Promo NM-! ORIG EB260 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Who Do You Think You Are Standard Edition US $7.97 Buy It Now 1h 13m
SYLVESTER~I (WHO HAVE NOTHING)~1979 US 7" FANTASY 855 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
John Entwistle Too Late The Hero LP 1981 ATCO SD 38-142 The Who Vinyl Record US $4.74 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Horslips Record Album LP Lot of 10 Happy To Meet Man Who Built America US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO My Generation Original Virgin Records UK MONO Near Mint LP Porky Prime US $29.99 [0 bids]
Who THE WHO Let's See Action Geman 45 W/PS US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
OG 1968 Mod Rock LP : The Who ~ Magic Bus ~ On Tour ~ Decca 75064 Stereo US $10.99 [2 bids]
The Who-Hiwatt amplifiers-1996 magazine advert US $8.53 Buy It Now 1h 27m
MIKA-LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION, THE BOY WHO KNEW TOO MUCH-JAPAN 2 CD LTD D95 US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Vinyl LP Record Album - James Bond Movie Soundtrack THE SPY WHO LOVED ME US $42.75 Buy It Now 1h 29m
JO'S CLASSIC VINYL- 1967 Color My World/Who Am I Petula Clark Warner Bros US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Art of Noise - Who's Afraid of the Art of Noise? (302) US $5.11 Buy It Now 1h 32m
The Who the Best From Tommy Polydor 2482-588 US $10.80 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Songs of the Who US $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Who Do You Think I Am. 5019148922094 US $9.28 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Cornell Dupree & Who It Is- Press Kit US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Who Do You Think I Am. 5019148922094 US $5.04 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Songs of the Who US $4.21 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Megadeth- Peace Sells But Who's Buying? vinyl record LP 180 gram countdown rust US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
GENE as good as it gets CD 3 track part 2 b/w all night and to all who sail on h US $8.53 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Who..Endless Wire.[Digipak] [Limited] [CD&DVD]...Sealed New CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Frank Kowalski&His Polka Men"Who Stole the Keeshka"LP US $5.57 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears A Who! US $5.46 Buy It Now 1h 43m
GNARLS BARKLEY who cares CD 1 track promo in special card sleeve with inner (pro US $8.53 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Who's Greatest Hits by Who (The) (CD, Apr-1988, MCA (USA)) Keith Moon Pete US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
THE WHO - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF AA2) US $7.70 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Welton Lane & Family, autographed "Who is it? I know you're there" album US $4.99 [0 bids]
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? (NEW VINYL LP) US $25.64 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Who's Hard Gang Starr Presents: Big Shug MUSIC CD US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 52m
THE WHO Meaty Beaty Big And Bouncy 1971 DECCA CLASSIC ROCK LP US $13.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Korn - Korn III: Remember Who You Are NEW CD ALBUM US $8.16 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Belles-Who Will Be Here to Hear Ep CD EP, Single New US $39.45 Buy It Now 1h 55m
GOMPIE alice who the x is alice CD 3 track radio bleep version b/w radio laugh v US $8.53 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Live at Leeds by The Who (CD, Sep-1999, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) US $79.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY by London Symphony Orchestra-ODE Records -THE WHO- VG Condition-COMPLETE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Soundtrack "Who's That Girl" 1987 Sire 25611 US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 56m
7 INCH SINGLE THE WHO WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN JAPAN US $19.67 [5 bids]
Who's the Man? [Original Soundtrack] [PA] by Original Soundtrack (CD,... US $1.99 [0 bids]
2h
Herb and Kay on King 1309 Coffee Blues, Who's Taking my Place US $2.00 [0 bids]
2h
Deep Purple Who Do We Think We Are 1973 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! A+ SOUND! US $20.80 Buy It Now 2h 2m
CD Single: Madison Avenue : Who The Hell Are You ? US $3.30 Buy It Now 2h 3m
GREY who needs you CD 8 track sealed (be048) german bast**dized 2010 US $12.14 Buy It Now 2h 4m
The Who/Quadrohenia.1973 UK Track Double LP Set. US $51.30 Buy It Now 2h 4m
SCENES FROM THE CITY - MAN WHO NEVER SLEEPS-THE MUSIC OF CHARLES MINGUS NEW CD US $40.12 Buy It Now 2h 6m
GUILLEMOTS i saw such things CD 4 track still sealed in digi pack featuring who US $25.64 Buy It Now 2h 6m
GUILLEMOTS who left the lights off baby CD 2 track promo with info stickered cas US $8.53 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Who You Are. 602527656878 US $7.97 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Chastain For Those Who Dare CD Leather Leone 2010 reissue US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
The Who Hooligans Psyche Rock N Roll Brit Vinyl Daltrey Townshend US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
MODEST MOUSE Good News For People Who Love Bad News ORIGINAL 2004 VINYL LP SET US $32.50 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Madonna...Who's That Girl 12" Maxi Single 45 rpm 1987 Sire Records NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
SEALED REV ENRICO F. GARZILLI FOR TO THOSE WHO LOVE LP PRIVATE PRESS XIAN FOLK US $9.99 [0 bids]
NAT KING COLE - DEAR LONELY HEARTS / WHO'S NEXT IN LINE - 1962 NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
1965 DON'T THINK TWICE - THE WONDER WHO ? US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Madonna Who's That Girl Dance Pop Vinyl US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Who Who's Next Rock N Roll Pete Townshend Roger Daltrey UK British Punk Pop US $3.00 [0 bids]
MARY WELLS Very Rare 45 PS THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU Motown VG++ Beauty! US $74.95 Buy It Now 2h 20m
THE HONEYBIRDS, WHO YOU GONNA RUN TO / AIN'T THAT JUST LIKE A BOY. US $36.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Endless Wire [Limited] by The Who CD (2006) + Bonus DVD "Live At Lyon" US $6.85 [0 bids]
THE WHO It's Hard CD USA 12 tracks Warner Bros. 23731-2 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Tommy by The Who (CD, May-1990, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) US $89.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
TURTLE - WHO KNOWS EP (UK) NEW VINYL US $23.21 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Rita Coolidge Higher and Higher / Who's To Bless Who's To Blame 45 Vinyl Record US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
HONEYCHILD smile CD 3 track b/w who do you think you are and too much subject li US $8.53 Buy It Now 2h 26m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(56%)

THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars This is the album of the Original Soundtrack of the Film of the same name. It is mostly a live album, with the inclusion of some studio tracks ("I Can See for Miles", "Magic Bus", "Long Live Rock", "Tommy, Can You Hear Me?"). The old L.P. version also included a booklet with photos and details about each track in the album. This album also includes two tracks which were not included in the Film ("I Can See for Miles" and a heavy live version of "My Wife", sung by John Entwistle). This is a good album, but the quality of some of the recordings is not very good, with some of them taking the audio from some T.V. programmes broadcasts and being recorded in Mono. It seems that some live tracks had some overdubs done in the studio (like the bass guitar in "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" and some drum parts in "Won`t Get Fooled Again"). Despite the sound quality of some of the tracks, this is a good compilation that it is very good because it shows the evolution of the band from the mid sixties until their last recording appearances of Keith Moon in concert with the band ("Baba O`Riley" and "Won`t Get Fooled Again", both filmed and recorded at Shepperton Studios in May 1978, specially for thier inclusion in the film and in this album). Both songs show (with also "My Wife", which was recorded and filmed in December 1977, but not included in the film) that Keith Moon`s playing had deteriorated a bit. Despite this, his playing was even better on these tracks in comparison to other live versions of these songs which were played by Kenney Jones in later years. Moon`s style was very important in the band, and other drummers, despite being very good, never played the old songs like him (the most closer to his style is Zak Starkey`s playing).

Other good live versions in this album are:

-The heavy "Young Man`s Blues" and the Medley "Join Together" / "Roadrunner" / "My Generation Blues".

-The tracks from "Tommy" recorded at the "Woodstock Festival" ("Sparks", "Pinball Wizard", "See Me Feel Me".

The tracks in this album are presented in their original lenght, in comparison to the film, on which some of them are edited or played in a higher speed.

The film is funny, with Keith Moon`s antics being shown in T.V. broadcasts, interviews and photos. It is very recommendable, like this album, as a retrospective of the band in their years with Keith Moon.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#130869) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 30, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars These are a collection of live songs (and a few studio ones as well) recorded by The Who throughout their incredible career. The Who were the essence of rock music and a great band on stage. They were also very funny and imprevisable (just listen to their interview as the opening sequence for "My Generation" : absolutely irresistible. It was recorded in '67 during The Smoothers Brothers Show like "I Can See for Miles" which is a kind of studio "live" recording. "My Generation" wasn't a pure live performance either. Music was pre-recorded while Daltrey effectively was singing at the show.

Most of the songs were recorded in the mid-late sixties. Some have a real bad sound (as "I Can't Explain" recorded in 1965). "Happy Jack" was recorded in Leeds (1970) and will be released on the deluxe edition of "Live At Leeds". "Magic Bus" is represented in a standard format (Beat Club, '68). "Long Live Rock" is a pure rock'n'roll song recorded in '72. One of the weakest of this album.

Very poor sound for " Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" from the legendary programme "Ready, Steady, Go !" in '65. A wild (but The Who WERE wild on stage) version of "Young Man Blues". It is truely exceptional. Recorded at the end of '69, it is one of the greatest moment of this album. It is really close to what they will perform a few weeks later in Leeds. "My Wife" from the "Who's Next" sessions was recorded in 1977 (Kilburn University). It is one of the few songs written by Entwistle. Again, this version is devastating. Dynamite, for sure.

From "Young Man Blues" through "Won't Get Fooled Again", the performances ranges from great to fabulous (except the average "Tommy, Can You Hear Me" recorded for Beat Club in '69 and the medley "Join Together-Roadrunner-My Generation Blues").

"Baba..." was recorded at the famous Shepperton studios in May '78, and it is very strong. The band achieved an exceptional rendition of this great studio track. Next one is probably one of the difficult of their repertoire to play live : "A Quick One, While He's Away". IMO, the reference for this song in terms of live performance will be the one available on the deluxe edition of "Live At Leeds". This one is good, but not exceptional. It is accepted to be their first mini-opera. It is indeed a rather complex song (remember, the original version clocked over nine minutes. It was in 1966...). This version is an excerpts of the movie "The Rolling Stones Rock'n'Roll Circus" (1968).

The next trio of song are part of MY legend. Woodstock.

I have been trying over the years to compile as much of this event as possible. I guess that so far, I must own a third of what was played during these three days (and three nights). But probably eighty percent of the most interesting moments of which the whole of the extraordinary performance of The Who (available , but not officially, which I still do not understand why).

Anyway "Sparks", "Pinball" and "See Me, Feel Me" (although they should have released the whole of "We're Not Gonna Take It" IMO). This is a very emotional moment for me. This event is probably the one which has influenced me the most. Audio quality here is very good throughout the Woodstock sequence. Their concert was scheduled on Saturday, August 15th. Due to severe weather conditions and a complete chaos, The Who will start around five AM on Sunday. For seventy-five minutes of a legendary concert.

And finally, we'll get the ultimate version of "Won't Get Fooled Again". Ultimate, because this song was recorded at Sheperton in May 1978 and Keith died in September 7th. This was the very last appearence of the great quatuor.

There won't be any second of prog here of course (but The Who are of course not a prog band). Just wiiiiiiiiiiild music. Four stars (only because sound is very poor on two tracks, and the over extended meddley is not really good).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131630) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 03, 2007

4 stars Definitely a gem. "The kids are alright" by the Who is a compilation which includes several pieces from the brilliant documentary-movie about their career, that was released worldwide in 1979. The songs are not the original studio versions and to be honest for a compilation format this is ab ... (read more)

Report this review (#234364) | Posted by Malve87 | Sunday, August 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WHO "The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film)"