THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT (ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK OF THE FILM)

The Who

Proto-Prog

The Who The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) album cover

rock music collection

Buy THE WHO Music
Live, released in 1979

1. My Generation (2:33)
2. I Can't Explain (1:59)
3. Happy Jack (2:11)
4. I Can See for Miles (4:14)
5. Magic Bus (3:21)
6. Long Live Rock (3:54)
7. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2:48)
8. Young Man's Blues (5:46)
9. My Wife (5:45)
10. Baba O'Riley (5:29)
11. A Quick One (7:28)
12. Tommy, Can You Hear Me? (1:45)
13. Sparks (2:59)
14. Pinball Wizard (2:45)
15. See Me, Feel Me (5:26)
16. Medley: Join Together (4:21) / Roadrunner (2:21) / My Generation Blues (3:04)
17. Won't Get Fooled Again (9:50)

Search THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) lyrics

Search THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) tabs

- Pete Townshend / guitars, vocals, keyboards
- Roger Daltrey / vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, percussion
- John Entwistle / bass, vocals

L.P. (U.K.): Polydor 2675 179 (2 L.P. Set)
C.D. (U.K.) : Polydor 517 947-2
L.P. (U.S.): MCA MCA2-6899 (2. L.P. Set)
C.D. (U.S.): MCAD-6899 (1 C.D., released without the "Medley: Join Together / Roadrunner / My Generation Blues" )

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) Music

Who's Better Who's BestWho's Better Who's Best
Mca 1993
2 cd lot Stevie Ray Vaughn Steve Vai The Who Johnny Winter Andy Timmons US $9.49 [0 bids]
29m 41s
PROMO WHITE LABEL / THE GUESS WHO HANG ON TO YOUR LIFE US $79.99 Buy It Now 34m 39s
RED HOT THE OLYMPICS who must i tell 12" 4 tracck edited b/w music,american drea US $17.37 Buy It Now 36m 5s
HEATHER HEADLEY - THIS IS WHO I AM NEW CD US $9.89 Buy It Now 38m
THE WHO-TOMMY-JAPAN SHM-CD 1124 D50 US $19.50 Buy It Now 39m 13s
ACTOR SPEAKS 5 - LOUISE JAMESON Leela Doctor Who Tenko US $11.28 Buy It Now 41m 48s
The BBC Sessions by The Who (CD, Feb-2000, Geffen) US $5.99 Buy It Now 43m 20s
The Roots - Back To The Roots Vol.1 JAPAN CD Who Jefferson Airplane Cream #39 US $16.99 Buy It Now 43m 47s
Lot Of 2 Who Tommy Odds & Soda LP Records US $19.99 [0 bids]
44m 50s
JUNIOR THOMPSON WHO'S KNOCKING ? 1970's REPRO PRESS TUNE ROCKABILLY US $19.99 [0 bids]
47m 12s
Jam~Original GER PS 45 Just who is the 5 EX 1982 New wave Mod Paul Weller US $12.29 Buy It Now 48m 25s
LENNY DENEB who or what turns you on 12" 2 trk but has small sticker mark on lab US $11.45 Buy It Now 48m 42s
U Know Who. Whatcha Got A Gun For ? US $10.95 Buy It Now 49m 4s
Tommy by The Who (Stereo Vinyl LP Record Album, Decca, 1969) US $7.49 [0 bids]
49m 12s
The Who - Article Rare! US $1.60 [0 bids]
52m 55s
MUSE - ONLY ONES WHO KNOW (2PC) NEW DVD US $28.28 Buy It Now 57m 47s
Quadrophenia Demos 1 NEW SEALED VINYL EP *FREE 1ST UK* Pete Townshend THE WHO US $29.01 Buy It Now 58m 56s
The Who Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy (EX) 1980 Mca LP US $4.79 Buy It Now 59m 15s
BAND OF HOLY JOY had a mother who was proud and look at me now 12" 3 trk featuri US $9.32 Buy It Now 59m 47s
MADONNA " WHO'S THAT GIRL " 7" SINGLE PIC SLEEVE 1987 EX/EX US $4.02 Buy It Now 59m 52s
Travis The Man Who 2000 Magazine Advert #206 US $8.05 Buy It Now 1h
BAND OF HOLY JOY who snatched the baby 12" 3 trk b/w one child and yo (harp4t) h US $9.50 Buy It Now 1h 2m
DAVID RUFFIN-WHO I AM-JAPAN CD ttt US $38.50 Buy It Now 1h 5m
MARC ALMOND boy who came back 12" 2 trk loud cut b/w joey demento extended versi US $8.68 Buy It Now 1h 6m
RIOT NATION abba gabba 12" 4 trk b/w we keep going on,who's losing who and bad f US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 11m
LUCAS SANTTANA - THE GOD WHO DEVASTATES ALSO CURES [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $14.44 Buy It Now 1h 12m
JOHN MAYER Who Did You Think I Was RARE Australian Promo CD US $13.17 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Brand Nubian Who Wann Be a Star Rare 12'' Vinyl Single US $6.00 [0 bids]
JESSIE J - WHO YOU ARE [JESSIE J] [CD] [1 DISC] [602527870120] - NEW CD US $7.42 Buy It Now 1h 14m
WHO athena 12" 1 trk promo same trk plays both sides (proa1065) pic sleeve us wa US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 16m
roger daltry (the who) - 2xLPs, daltry (US)1973, parting should be.. (US)1984 US $7.00 [0 bids]
Yello - Who's Gone 2 mixes, Ocean Club German CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Who Face Dances Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Who - By Numbers US $8.07 [0 bids]
The Who - Face Dances US $8.07 [0 bids]
The Who - Tommy - The Movie Double Album US $8.07 [0 bids]
101 STRINGS * WHO CAN FORGET? GLENN AND TOMMY * US $2.99 [0 bids]
George Jones~Original UK 45 Who shot Sam EX 1959 Mercury AMT1058 Country US $12.29 Buy It Now 1h 21m
1914 ANGEL beatles queen howard/blaikley beach boys hollies george michaell who US $1.60 [0 bids]
THE ARCHIES_Who's Your Baby_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.57 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BUSTER love rules 7" demo b/w who told you (pb5001) uk rca 1977 US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 22m
ernest tubb mama who was that man ? / im gonna make like a snake us 7" decca US $13.79 Buy It Now 1h 23m
HONEYCOMBS MAGIC FOOTPRINTS beatles beach boys hollies 60s 70s 80s 90s queen who US $1.60 [0 bids]
MAYTALS, The - A Man Who Knows - 7" US $7.66 Buy It Now 1h 23m
The Who Greatest Hits SIGNED Vinyl Lp Record Pete Townshend + Candid Photo RARE US $599.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
DAN SARTAIN walk among the cobras pt 1 7" b/w who's sorry now (724tp7) pic sleev US $8.86 Buy It Now 1h 24m
STREET ANGELS dressing up 12" 2 trk b/w who's fooling who very light warp on the US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 24m
ANGEL d.b.v JIMMY'S OPERA rock pop opera beatles pink floyd who queen beach boys US $0.81 [0 bids]
WHITNEY HOUSTON - 12 INCH - I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY (WHO LOVES ME) US $48.38 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Doctor Who Theme 7" Vinyl Mega Rare Limited 50th Anniversary Edition 2013 US $24.18 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The Who SIGNED Who's Missing Vinyl Lp Record Pete Townshend + Candid Photo RARE US $599.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
EURYTHMICS - Who's That Girl - Excellent Con 7" Single RCA DA 3 US $6.42 Buy It Now 1h 27m
pete townsend/ronnie lane (the who) - rough mix (US)1977 LP mca 2295 gatefold US $4.00 [0 bids]
pete townsend (the who) - white city (US)1985 LP atco promo stamp vinyl NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
Who's the Boss [Clean] [Edited] * by St. Lunatics (CD, Feb-2006, Fast Life... US $5.69 [0 bids]
pete townsend (the who) - scoop (US)1983 2xLP atco 7 90063 gf timing strip US $7.00 [0 bids]
pete townsend (the who) - iron man (US)1989 LP atlantic promo stamp, vinyl NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Who RARE SIGNED Tommy Vinyl Lp Record Pete Townshend Guitar Player + Photo US $599.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Mojo Presents - The Who Jukebox - CD US $9.66 Buy It Now 1h 30m
the who - face dances (mexico)1981 LP polydor mcr 16391 rare import vinyl NM US $40.00 [0 bids]
JILL SCOTT - Who Is Jill Scott? CD US $7.24 Buy It Now 1h 31m
the who - tommy (US) 2xLP decca dxsw7205 trifold cover,art/lyric booklet US $12.00 [0 bids]
the who - quadraphenia (US)1973 2xLP mca2 10004 gatefold cover US $8.00 [0 bids]
ROD MCKUEN soldiers who want to be heroes 7" b/w wayfarin' stranger (embs223) uk US $23.63 Buy It Now 1h 33m
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME James Bond 007 LP Lovely copy !! US $24.18 [0 bids]
3 lp lot QUADROPHENIA The Who Soundtrack SANTANA Festival ARRIVAL US $1.35 [0 bids]
Who We Are Instead by Jars of Clay (CD, Nov-2003, Essential Records) US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO - Face Dances (CD 1981) USA Pressing US $12.91 [0 bids]
Roger Daltrey- ride a rock horse LP EX / VG+ with inner sleeve THE WHO US $4.34 Buy It Now 1h 38m
PIPER who's your boyfriend JAPAN 7" PROMO CM-2039 kR4 US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Kampuchea Concert Album LP The Clash McCartney The Who Costello Queen Blockheads US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 40m
`Zephyr` THE WHO Art Print Typography Album Song Lyrics Signed Wall Word Poster US $8.05 [0 bids]
GOSPELAIRES OF DAYTON god helps those who help themselves 12" 2 trk vocal b/w in US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ELTON JOHN NIKITA / THE MAN WHO NEVER DIED VINYL 7" SINGLE PIC SLEEVE US $2.57 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Zutons - Who Killed...... The Zutons (CD 2004) 24 HR POST US $4.02 Buy It Now 1h 43m
ERIC CLAPTON********THE WHO--WHOS NEXT****NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE US $12.00 [0 bids]
(I828) Davincis Band, Who We Are - DJ CD US $3.15 Buy It Now 1h 44m
THE BRAVERY SORROW WHO LEFT ME OUT ALBUM SAMPLER PROMO RIGID CASE 2 SONGS CD NEW US $4.21 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Morcheeba - Who Can You Trust? (1996) CD US $3.21 Buy It Now 1h 45m
7" vinyl record, Swing Out sister, surrender / Who's to Blame, swing3 US $2.89 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night - Deram SDL-R 12 US $24.18 Buy It Now 1h 47m
CUTTY RANKS a who say me done 12" 2 trk b/w version some writing on labels (roof US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 50m
DEATH BEFORE SUNRISE - Not All Who Wander are Lost : NEW & SEALED US $4.84 Buy It Now 1h 51m
ROUGH TRADE -For Those Who Think Young -BOARDWALK promo disc US $8.99 [0 bids]
ROUGH TRADE -For Those Who Think Young -CBS85385-Import US $8.99 [0 bids]
RCA Victor "Charlie Spivak - Who Are We to Say/Now is The Hour" Record (78) US $0.99 [0 bids]
`Cadence` THE WHO Art Print Typography Album Song Lyrics Signed Wall Word Poster US $8.05 [0 bids]
ZIGGY MARLEY AND THE MELODY MAKERS look who's dancing 12" 4 trk 12 club mix b/w US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Who Else! by Jeff Beck (CD, Mar-1999, Epic (USA)) US $4.00 [0 bids]
FREESTYLE/ Nayobe - Good Things Come To Those Who Wait (LISTEN) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
RED SOVINE - WHO AM I? SLP 445 STARDAY US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
THE WHO - AUDIOBIOGRAPHY - CD - NEW AND SEALED US $6.44 [0 bids]
LEGACY OF LIES you and who's army e.p. 12" 4 trk with poster featuring v8, attac US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 5m
david bowie - man who sold the world (US)1990 1 + 1/2 LP ryko clear vinyl sealed US $120.00 [0 bids]
CONNIE BOSWELL Who Told You That Lie? / I'm Gonna Make Believe DECCA 78~18881 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
RAP/ Just-Us - Who Dresses The Best US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
RAP/ Heavy D & The Boyz - Who's The Man? US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
WHO'S LAST -Double Vinyl LP Record - MCA RECORDS 8018-1 -NEAR MINT US $52.85 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(31%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(54%)

THE WHO The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film) reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars This is the album of the Original Soundtrack of the Film of the same name. It is mostly a live album, with the inclusion of some studio tracks ("I Can See for Miles", "Magic Bus", "Long Live Rock", "Tommy, Can You Hear Me?"). The old L.P. version also included a booklet with photos and details about each track in the album. This album also includes two tracks which were not included in the Film ("I Can See for Miles" and a heavy live version of "My Wife", sung by John Entwistle). This is a good album, but the quality of some of the recordings is not very good, with some of them taking the audio from some T.V. programmes broadcasts and being recorded in Mono. It seems that some live tracks had some overdubs done in the studio (like the bass guitar in "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" and some drum parts in "Won`t Get Fooled Again"). Despite the sound quality of some of the tracks, this is a good compilation that it is very good because it shows the evolution of the band from the mid sixties until their last recording appearances of Keith Moon in concert with the band ("Baba O`Riley" and "Won`t Get Fooled Again", both filmed and recorded at Shepperton Studios in May 1978, specially for thier inclusion in the film and in this album). Both songs show (with also "My Wife", which was recorded and filmed in December 1977, but not included in the film) that Keith Moon`s playing had deteriorated a bit. Despite this, his playing was even better on these tracks in comparison to other live versions of these songs which were played by Kenney Jones in later years. Moon`s style was very important in the band, and other drummers, despite being very good, never played the old songs like him (the most closer to his style is Zak Starkey`s playing).

Other good live versions in this album are:

-The heavy "Young Man`s Blues" and the Medley "Join Together" / "Roadrunner" / "My Generation Blues".

-The tracks from "Tommy" recorded at the "Woodstock Festival" ("Sparks", "Pinball Wizard", "See Me Feel Me".

The tracks in this album are presented in their original lenght, in comparison to the film, on which some of them are edited or played in a higher speed.

The film is funny, with Keith Moon`s antics being shown in T.V. broadcasts, interviews and photos. It is very recommendable, like this album, as a retrospective of the band in their years with Keith Moon.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#130869) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 30, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars These are a collection of live songs (and a few studio ones as well) recorded by The Who throughout their incredible career. The Who were the essence of rock music and a great band on stage. They were also very funny and imprevisable (just listen to their interview as the opening sequence for "My Generation" : absolutely irresistible. It was recorded in '67 during The Smoothers Brothers Show like "I Can See for Miles" which is a kind of studio "live" recording. "My Generation" wasn't a pure live performance either. Music was pre-recorded while Daltrey effectively was singing at the show.

Most of the songs were recorded in the mid-late sixties. Some have a real bad sound (as "I Can't Explain" recorded in 1965). "Happy Jack" was recorded in Leeds (1970) and will be released on the deluxe edition of "Live At Leeds". "Magic Bus" is represented in a standard format (Beat Club, '68). "Long Live Rock" is a pure rock'n'roll song recorded in '72. One of the weakest of this album.

Very poor sound for " Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" from the legendary programme "Ready, Steady, Go !" in '65. A wild (but The Who WERE wild on stage) version of "Young Man Blues". It is truely exceptional. Recorded at the end of '69, it is one of the greatest moment of this album. It is really close to what they will perform a few weeks later in Leeds. "My Wife" from the "Who's Next" sessions was recorded in 1977 (Kilburn University). It is one of the few songs written by Entwistle. Again, this version is devastating. Dynamite, for sure.

From "Young Man Blues" through "Won't Get Fooled Again", the performances ranges from great to fabulous (except the average "Tommy, Can You Hear Me" recorded for Beat Club in '69 and the medley "Join Together-Roadrunner-My Generation Blues").

"Baba..." was recorded at the famous Shepperton studios in May '78, and it is very strong. The band achieved an exceptional rendition of this great studio track. Next one is probably one of the difficult of their repertoire to play live : "A Quick One, While He's Away". IMO, the reference for this song in terms of live performance will be the one available on the deluxe edition of "Live At Leeds". This one is good, but not exceptional. It is accepted to be their first mini-opera. It is indeed a rather complex song (remember, the original version clocked over nine minutes. It was in 1966...). This version is an excerpts of the movie "The Rolling Stones Rock'n'Roll Circus" (1968).

The next trio of song are part of MY legend. Woodstock.

I have been trying over the years to compile as much of this event as possible. I guess that so far, I must own a third of what was played during these three days (and three nights). But probably eighty percent of the most interesting moments of which the whole of the extraordinary performance of The Who (available , but not officially, which I still do not understand why).

Anyway "Sparks", "Pinball" and "See Me, Feel Me" (although they should have released the whole of "We're Not Gonna Take It" IMO). This is a very emotional moment for me. This event is probably the one which has influenced me the most. Audio quality here is very good throughout the Woodstock sequence. Their concert was scheduled on Saturday, August 15th. Due to severe weather conditions and a complete chaos, The Who will start around five AM on Sunday. For seventy-five minutes of a legendary concert.

And finally, we'll get the ultimate version of "Won't Get Fooled Again". Ultimate, because this song was recorded at Sheperton in May 1978 and Keith died in September 7th. This was the very last appearence of the great quatuor.

There won't be any second of prog here of course (but The Who are of course not a prog band). Just wiiiiiiiiiiild music. Four stars (only because sound is very poor on two tracks, and the over extended meddley is not really good).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131630) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 03, 2007

4 stars Definitely a gem. "The kids are alright" by the Who is a compilation which includes several pieces from the brilliant documentary-movie about their career, that was released worldwide in 1979. The songs are not the original studio versions and to be honest for a compilation format this is ab ... (read more)

Report this review (#234364) | Posted by Malve87 | Sunday, August 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WHO "The Kids Are Alright (Original Soundtrack of the Film)"