GOLEVKA

The Evpatoria Report Golevka album cover

Buy THE EVPATORIA REPORT Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Prognoz (14:05)
2. Taijin Kyofusho (12:00)
3. Cosmic Call (14:44)
4. C.C.S. Logbook (8:45)
5. Optimal Region Selector (9:32)
6. Dipole Experiment (11:44)

Search THE EVPATORIA REPORT Golevka lyrics

Search THE EVPATORIA REPORT Golevka tabs

- daniel - strings & keys
- dilo - bass
- fabrice - drums
- laurent - guitars
- simon - guitars

Shayo 004

Thanks to chamberry for the addition

THE EVPATORIA REPORT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE EVPATORIA REPORT Golevka Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
MaarMaar
Get a Life Records 2008
Audio CD$29.99 (used)

More places to buy THE EVPATORIA REPORT music online Buy THE EVPATORIA REPORT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE EVPATORIA REPORT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE EVPATORIA REPORT Golevka ratings distribution

THE EVPATORIA REPORT Golevka reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars THE EVPATORIA REPORT is well-known band among Post-Rock fans (well, at least I think so!), and the usual thing about them is eternal comparison to YNDI HALDA, JOHNNYTWENTYTHREE, THE PIRATE SHIP QUINTET and loads of other bands who mix guitar-driven Post-Rock of EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY with Epic strings of GY!BE.

Chronologically, THE EVPATORIA REPORT (and lesser-known bands like BRIGHT RED PAPER and DETWIIJE) were the first to bring violin to the forefront, as the leading instrument. I like what I heard on 'Golevka', but I can't stop thinking of YNDI HALDA in the same time - I mean, I like YNDIES a LOT more. It's not fair to compare, but TER's stuff seems to be less interesting, epics are mostly built on one melody/chord progression, and climaxes are too predictable and even a bit boring. I like the whole idea and the very fact that each one can choose a band to his own likings (X likes YNDI HALDA, Y prefers THE EVPATORIA REPORT, etc), besides TER have released their stuff before others (there's a self- released self-titled EP from 2003 available for free download from their site, grab it while you can!)...so I feel like this review mostly spins around my personal moan 'I like it, but I heard it from YH and liked their stuff even better!' As a conclusion, I wholeheartedly recommend this album to everyone, especially to PA Post-Rock lovers (more reviewing, guys!). 3.5 stars!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#172469) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 29, 2008

4 stars THE EVPATORIA REPORT are a Post-Rock band out of Switzerland. This album in particular is rated highly by Post-Rock fans so I decided to pick it up. I would describe the sound as cinematic, it's like I was listening to a movie instead of watching it. Lots of guitars and strings here, and it can go from calm to very powerful in a hurry. I just like how powerful the atmosphere is, this has such a full and lush sound to it.

"Prognoz" opens with atmosphere galore as different sounds come, go and hover. It kicks in heavily after 3 1/2 minutes then settles quickly with strings. Gentle guitar after 6 minutes. Beautiful section. Drums and bass join in after 7 minutes. This sounds so good. It kicks back in at 10 1/2 minutes. "Taijin Kyofusho" opens with the sound of a transmission between two parties and i'm sure one is in outer space. Gentle guitar joins in then strings and bass. Drums follow as it builds. Keys before 5 minutes. It settles a minute later yet it sounds urgent and it's building. Intense at 8 minutes. A calm 10 minutes in.

"Cosmic Call" opens with this repetitive guitar line. Strings then drums as it slowly builds. It settles before 4 1/2 minutes. The tempo picks up before 7 minutes then it kicks in. Settles once more and we get some spoken words 8 1/2 minutes in. "C.C.S. Logbook" opens with drums that fade out then guitar and drums take over. Great sound here and the tempo will shift throughout this tune. It stops abruptly to end it. "Optimal Region Selector" drifts along in a spacey manner. Drums 3 minutes in. Powerful sound before 5 minutes then it settles a minute later. It ends as it began. "Dipole Experiment" opens with strings as atmosphere rolls in and gets louder. Vocal melodies too. Emotional music right here.It stops at 5 1/2 minutes then atmosphere returns before we get a beat at 7 minutes with keys and strings. More vocal melodies follow. A moving track to say the least.

Easily 4 stars, and if your a Post-Rock fan it's essential listening.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#288510) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2010

Post a review of THE EVPATORIA REPORT "Golevka"