GOOD APOLLO, I'M BURNING STAR IV, VOLUME ONE: FROM FEAR THROUGH THE EYES OF MADNESS

Coheed And Cambria

Coheed And Cambria Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness album cover

Buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Keeping the Blade (2:08)
2. Always & Never (2:33)
3. Welcome Home (6:14)
4. Ten Speed [Of God's Blood and Burial] (3:46)
5. Crossing the Frame (3:26)
6. Apollo I: The Writing Writer (5:15)
7. Once Upon Your Dead Body (3:19)
8. Wake Up (3:35)
9. The Suffering (3:43)
10. The Lying Lies & Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court (3:17)
11. Mother May I (4:32)
12. The Willing Well I: Fuel for the Feeding End (7:17)
13. The Willing Well II: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (7:28)
14. The Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth (7:18)
15. The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut (7:40)

Search COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness lyrics

Search COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness tabs

-Claudio Sanchez / Vocals, Guitar
-Travis Stever / Guitar, Lap Steel, Vocals
-Michael Todd / Bass, Vocals
-Josh Eppard / Drums, Keyboards, Vocals
-Danny Louis / Keyboards on tracks 5-10 and track 15
-Sarah Kathryn Jacobs / Background vocals on tracks 9 and 15
-Daniel Sadownick / Percussion on tracks 6 and 8

Thanks to Shwang_Shwinga for the addition

COHEED AND CAMBRIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• The Crowing In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, 2003
  • Welcome Home Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, 2005

Buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness Music

The Afterman: DescensionThe Afterman: Descension
Hundred Handed Inc 2013
No World For TomorrowNo World For Tomorrow
COLUMBIA 2007
Live At La Zona Rosa 3.19.04 (Very Limited Edition 6 track EP)Live At La Zona Rosa 3.19.04 (Very Limited Edition 6 track EP)
EP · Limited Edition · Collector's Edition
Equal Vision Records / Mtn Dew
Coheed And Cambria Authentic Signed Limited Vinyl Record No World For Tomorrow US $619.00 [0 bids]
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 44m
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF J) US $6.52 Buy It Now 12h 30m
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1 (CD 2005) 15 Songs US $8.95 Buy It Now 12h 48m
COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 (CD 2003) Heavy Metal US $8.05 Buy It Now 12h 53m
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear CD 2005 US $4.74 Buy It Now 13h 2m
COHEED AND CAMBRIA-NEVERENDER DVD NEW US $17.57 Buy It Now 18h 7m
Coheed and Cambria Neverender Children of the Fence CD/DVDs Glassjaw Deftones US $56.00 [4 bids]
NEW COHEED AND CAMBRIA TOUR 2014 TWO SIDE BLACK T SHIRT S,M,L,XL US $18.98 [0 bids]
THRICE Vheissu 2 LP CLEAR VINYL /300 *SEALED* dustin kensrue coheed and cambria US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THRICE Vheissu 2 LP GOLD VINYL /300 *SEALED* dustin kensrue coheed and cambria US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed And Cambria - The Afterman: Descension (Turquoise Vinyl LP) New US $27.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Ascension (Vinyl LP) New US $27.29 Buy It Now 1 day
No World for Tomorrow [PA] by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Oct-2007, Columbia (USA)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets 2xLP Peach Marble Neverender Tour Vinyl US $149.99 [0 bids]
LP COHEED AND CAMBRIA The Afterman Decension PICTURE DISC NEW MINT SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCK SOUND (MWA) CD VOL 80 - PANIC! AT THE DISCO/COHEED AND CAMBRIA (REF E3) US $6.42 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCK SOUND (MWA) CD VOL 81 - COHEED AND CAMBRIA/DEATHSTARS (REF E3) US $6.42 Buy It Now 1 day
COHEED AND CAMBRIA The Afterman: Descension Digipak Fast Shipping US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed And Cambria The Afterman:Ascension Limited Edition Black Friday Clear LP US $32.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed and Cambria : Good Apollo, Im Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for T US $5.69 Buy It Now 1 day
In Keeping Secrets of Silent EarthbyCoheed and Cambria Vinyl Record (2014) New US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV - Coheed and Cambria - CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - Coheed and Cambria - CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Second Stage Turbine Blade - Coheed and Cambria - CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA: LIVE AT THE STARLAND BALLROOM US $7.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA 45 The Running Free (Vinyl, 7", Single, Promo, 45 RPM) US $5.74 [2 bids]
SECOND STAGE TURBINE BLADE - COHEED AND CAMBRIA (CD) rare unreleased bonus songs US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Afterman: Descension - Coheed and Cambria cd signed band autographed US $175.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed And Cambria - The Suffering [2 Versions] (CD Single) Promo US $6.39 Buy It Now 2 days
The Second Stage Turbine Blade by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Feb-2002, Equal... US $5.00 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria Second Stage Turbine Blade Cd Free Shipping US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW CD BRAND NEW ROCK US $15.06 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 NEW, MINT, VINYL US $41.00 [7 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV. CD/DVD US $9.66 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria IKSSE3 2X LP Grey Swirl Vinyl! PREORDER No Reserve! US $29.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - PLAYLIST: THE VERY BEST OF COHEED AND CAMBRIA - N US $7.18 Buy It Now 2 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Live At La Zona Rosa 3.19.04 Limited Edition 6 track EP) US $15.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed and Cambria The Afterman Deluxe 2LP SEALED w/Signed Guitar Pics 1500 only US $99.99 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 [2LPs 180g] *SEALED* US $34.01 [10 bids]
SEALED! COHEED AND CAMBRIA THE AFTERMATH:ASCENSION HHI005V vinyl record album LP US $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STRING QUARTET TRIBUTE TO COHEED AND CAMBRIA IN KEEPING SECRET - NEW CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA-Lot of 2 magazine adverts US $4.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed and Cambria Guns of Summer 7" Vinyl LP Picture Disc US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed And Cambria-In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth:3 Cd US $12.50 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA:Mountains:&:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $26.25 Buy It Now 2 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 2 [Deluxe Ed Bonus DVD] US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
IN AVIATE - 1985 - CD Coheed And Cambria Circa Suvive Minus The Bear / Rise '08 US $14.49 Buy It Now 3 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - THE AFTERMAN: DESCENSION - NEW CD US $19.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Coheed And Cambria- Second Stage Turbine - EVR114CD US $16.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Coheed and cambria live At La Zona rosa US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Afterman: Descension by Coheed and Cambria *New CD* US $9.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Coheed And Cambria ?- In Keeping Secrets Grey Swirl Vinyl US $100.00 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol.1 - 24HR POST US $9.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Coheed And Cambria The Afterman: Ascension Big Beige Demos LP SEALED CLEAR US $24.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Neverender, 6 TRK HOT TOPIC LIMITED EDITION CD, SEALED US $20.50 [11 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - YEAR OF THE BLACK RAINBOW [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $24.97 Buy It Now 3 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA year of the black rainbow bonus trks CD +DVD +BOOK DELUXE BOX US $109.99 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets Grey Marble Double Vinyl Sold Out OOP NEW US $51.00 [2 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Ascension - CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Oct-2003,... US $4.99 [0 bids]
Prize Fighter Inferno Half Measures RSD Glow in the Dark 10" Coheed and Cambria US $29.95 [0 bids]
# COHEED AND CAMBRIA IN KEEPING SECRETS CD near mint! US $4.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Bear Vs Shark "Terrorhawk" LP OOP Coheed and Cambria Thrice Circa Survive US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BRONX / FALSE ALARM 7" coheed and cambria thrice deftones the used brand new US $10.00 [0 bids]
Circa Survive Blue Sky Noise Limited 2xLP /1000 Coheed And Cambria Thrice Saosin US $174.99 Buy It Now 4 days
2x Coheed and Cambria 45 rpm Single Welcome Home, The Running Free US $20.00 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV CD 2005 Equal Vision Records US $4.00 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA 2004 Zona Rosa w/ RARE LIVE 6 TRX LIMITED PROMO CD MINT US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
No World for Tommorrow by Coheed and Cambria US $0.99 [0 bids]
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 [Digipak] by Coheed and Cambria (CD,... US $6.00 [0 bids]
"Coheed And Cambria Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: CD" US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Afterman: Descension [Digipak] by Coheed and Cambria (CD, 2013) Like New. US $6.00 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria-The Afterman: Descension CD NEW US $25.16 Buy It Now 4 days
Coheed and Cambria - No World For Tomorrow SIGNED Vinyl LP Record OOP RARE US $75.00 Buy It Now 4 days
1 CENT CD Sale ! Coheed And Cambria ~ In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 WOW US $0.01 [1 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - THE AFTERMAN: ASCENSION - NEW CD US $15.94 Buy It Now 4 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA "GOOD APOLLO I'M BURNING STAR IV" Vol.1 2005 CD New Sealed US $7.95 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA (CD) "GOOD APOLLO I'M BURNING STAR IV-VOL 1 2005 BMG W/SLEEVE US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
No World for Tomorrow [PA] by COHEED and CAMBRIA 2007 Columbia MINT US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Year of the Black Rainbow by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Apr-2010, Columbia (USA)) US $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - THE AFTERMAN: DESCENSION, ORG 2013 EU vinyl LP + CD, NEW! US $35.99 Buy It Now 5 days
COHEED and CAMBRIA Afterman DEMOS ONLY 2500MADE VINYL LP Record Store Day SEALD US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV CD 2005 CK 93989 US $5.69 Buy It Now 5 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV CD 2005 CK 93989 ROCK US $5.22 Buy It Now 5 days
Coheed And Cambria The Suffering 7" Single Red Vinyl Record LTD US $29.99 [0 bids]
COHEED and CAMBRIA Afterman: Ascension Sealed 12" Vinyl Record w/ FULL CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Coheed and Cambria, The Second Stage Turbine Blade Audio CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 5 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3 DOUBLE LP 12 Track Doubl US $40.55 Buy It Now 6 days
Coheed and Cambria xl shirt evanesence nightwish US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV w/ BONUS LIVE TRK JAPAN CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Coheed and Cambria Welcome Home 7" single Vinyl Picture Sleeve RARE US $18.00 [0 bids]
Coheed And Cambria The Afterman: Ascension Big Beige Demos Lp (2012 RSD) US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Coheed And Cambria Neverender DVD Region 1, NTSC US $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Bear Vs Shark "Terrorhawk" LP OOP /250 Coheed and Cambria Thrice Circa Survive US $69.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Coheed And Cambria: Embroidered Logo Patch Fully Lined Cadet Cap - New With Tag US $16.90 Buy It Now 7 days
Coheed and Cambria IKSSE3 2X LP Grey Swirl Vinyl! PREORDER US $64.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Coheed and Cambria The Running Free Promo 7 US $19.95 Buy It Now 7 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Iro-Bot 7" GREEN VINYL rare oop UNPLAYED US $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA 35X25" MOSAIC WALL POSTER US $19.30 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA music online Buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for COHEED AND CAMBRIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness ratings distribution

COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness reviews

3 stars 3.5 stars.The third studio release from this band seems more mature and polished to me with the Punk element all but gone. I can't stress enough how clear the sound is on this disc. This is drummer Josh Eppard's last album with the band and he leaves with his head held high with a stunning, upfront performance. Actually the rhythm section really shines on this one,and there is plenty of lead guitar solos from Travis Stever as well. In my opinion this is their best work to date. I did feel the album sagged in the middle but it recovered well starting with "Mother May I" and ended in fine fashion with the four part suite called "The Wishing Well".

"Keeping The Blade" opens with violin melodies as piano joins in as it builds to an orchestral sound. "Always & Never" features acoustic guitar and fragile vocals as a childs voice can be heard in the background. These two very good songs really set us up perfectly for "Welcome Home". My first thoughts when I heard this song was "Here we go !" Check out the guitar melody in this one. Vocals arrive a minute in. I love this tune ! Claudio's in fine form. Some blistering guitar solos 4 minutes in as vocal melodies join in on the heaviness. I really wish there were more songs like this though. "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood & Burial)" sounds so amazing crystal clear. This is an uptempo, guitar driven track. "Crossing The Frame" is another song with lots of energy, while "Apollo I:The Writing Writer" is spacey with synths for a minute before the whole band comes in. We get some of those vocals melodies that Claudio is so famous for. Eppard is pounding away as the guitars grind it out.

"Once Upon Your Dead Body" has a cool guitar tone to begin with. A nice heavy rhythm follows as vocals are more laid back until late in the song. "Wake Up" is a ballad. The next three songs are ok but this is where I feel like this is more of the same just not as good until we get to "Mother May I". The final 4 songs are part of a suite called "The Wishing Well". It opens with "Fuel For The Feeding End". This song as well as others are driven by the bass and drums. Nice guitar work 4 1/2 minutes in. "From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness" is the first time i've ever thought of Geddy when Claudio has sung. There is a reggae rhythm then TOOL-like drumming 3 minutes in. Great guitar and vocal melodies follow. "Appolo II: The Telling Truth" is another fantastic tune with the bass and drums leading the way as the guitars grind away. "The Final Cut" is my favourite part of the suite. The guitars really sound different on this one. I like it ! It's like he's holding the notes longer reminding me of Gilmour somewhat. The keys in the background are a really nice touch.

Take out the three songs in the middle and it's easily 4 stars. As it is I can highly recommend this to fans of modern sounding music and especially if your into concept albums.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#136399) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars I have always been interested with any music with story telling theme or usually called as concept album. Coheed and Cambria has been position as a band who always release concept album so I was interested to purchase one of their albums until I found this one at local CD store. It was quite hard to digest the whole album in its entirety even though some passages in the music are quite good to enjoy but not all in its entirety. Just to make it simple, this album favors me only at the the first of the whole album. It sounds inspiring at the opening with great orchestration of "Keeping the Blade" (2:08) followed with some sort of of prolog of the story under "Always & Never" (2:33) which contains mostly acoustic guitar work plus vocalization. The music starts to blast really at third track "Welcome Home" (6:14) where it combines heavy riffs and symphonic style, the music flows nicely from passage to passage with grandiose music that accompanies. I do not actually favor the vocal style but it seems this is what I have to accept.

"Ten Speed [Of God's Blood and Burial]" (3:46) continues the musical journey in modern emo style with some kind of riffs and choirs section. It flows to "Crossing the Frame" (3:26) with practically similar vein and it kind like creating a boring situation for me as there are no catchy passages or melodies that I can digest easily. This is where the rest of the music does not truly attract me forward. I think the music is alike from this point onwards even though not all of them exactly the same but there are no surprises that elevate the curiosity. The peak of boringness arrives at approx track 7 "Once Upon Your Dead Body" (3:19) which does not seem to improve musically. I can only hear that the basic rhythm section of this album is supported with acoustic guitar work. Under "The Suffering" (3:43) the band make their effort with upbeat music but unfortunately it does not stimulate further attractiveness to me. The album's epic "The Willing Well" fails to elevate the music as it does not offer something truly catchy . it's just a series of drama to support the album's concept.

Overall, I consider this is a good album but it tends to get me bored right at the after the first quarter of the album contents. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#176622) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 13, 2008

Review by Moatilliatta
5 stars OK, it's about time I tackled another Coheed and Cambria album here. To end the saga, the band decided to cover part IV over the course of two volumes. Continuing the evolution of the band's sound, From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness is something along the lines of 70s heavy prog-rock meets 80s metal meets 90s pop sound. The band sounds better than ever, but how about their songwriting? Fans may be disappointed after the first listen due to how straightforward the album is. Aside from the closing suite, none of the songs feature really complex structures, odd times, guitar riffs or anything else we were hoping to hear from the band this time around. As capable as the band may be, the listener must accept that the band does not wish to be a masterfully intricate music machine. They want to create songs, memorable, catchy, emotional songs that maintain a musical and lyrical integrity and appeal to wide audiences. Is it for the money? Maybe so, and I know I've pondered that question several times, but after a few listen it simply didn't matter; it's just darn good music and I don't need more than what they've given me to be satisfied. This album may be one of the highest-density albums when it comes to vocal and musical hooks. Every song has at the very least one great vocal line and one great guitar riff to stick in your head long after you're done listening.

After an orchestral opening that recalls the intros of the band's first two albums plus some fresh material, we're taken in an unxpected direction: a short acoustic song. Surely we were all expecting another epic powerhouse, but no, the band thought it best to catch us off guard with a nice little tune that's almost like a second introduction. "Always & Never" starts off rather cheery, but then the song twists the line "for one kiss from you" from early in the song to "to kill all of you" at the end, providing a quick change of moods and you know it's on now. Then the song we were anticipating presents itself in all it's majesty. "Welcome Home" is as epic as a 6-minute song can get. It is huge, powerful, orchestral, and it even has another "whoa" sequence at the end reminiscent of "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3." The writing over the course of the first 3 songs is very effective. The album proves to be very much like an audio movie, which is something the band has been trying to accomplish. They've made their finest effort to make it happen on this one. Next we are given two fantastic poppy tracks that aren't afraid to rock: "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) and "Crossing the Frame." Then we see the dark side again with "Apollo I: The Writing Writer." Not sure what the purpose of that redundant title is, but it is the proggiest song thus far and still manages to throw in some sweet hooks among the darkness. "Once Upon Your Dead Body" is another great poppy number that is followed up by the album's ballad, "Wake Up." This is the albums only real dull moment, but it's not entirely bad. They follow it up with a great sequence of tracks to close out the main part of the volume: the delicious pop fun of "The Suffering," the delicious rock fun of "The Lying Lies & Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court" and the delicious emotional balladesque fun of "Mother May I." By this point you are completely absorbed into the atmosphere the band creates, again, much like a movie, and with the final 30 minutes the band cranks everything to the max and delivers a full-fledged suite of climactic prog-rock songs. As with the suite "The Velorium Camper" from the previous album, "The Willing Well" is made up of individual songs that are associated by the lyrical content. Prog fans not convinced by the more mainstream side of the band should certaily give this stuff a shot. You may find yourself quite impressed. Still relying on great melodies and solid rhythms, the band struts their skills a little more here, particularly on the first part, "Fuel for the Feeding End" and the Floydian final track "The Final Cut" (coincidence? probably not, but we'd like to think that the band wasn't paying tribute to that unbearable album). Between those two are the rockin' title track and "Apollo II: The Telling Truth," which brings back most of the first part with added twists and turns. All 4 songs feature non-conventional structures and remain very coherent. A great way to close an already great album. Finally, we are treated to a fun acoustic/slide guitar hidden track which again goes back to the movie concept. Claudio put it there because he wanted to make it like one of those almost inappropriately chosen tunes in the credits of movies. Hey, it works for me.

There is something here for everyone, and prog fans might not get their fix of indulgence on this one, but for those times when you just want to rock to something simple and catchy but not mindless, this is definitely one of the places you should go. Claudio delivers a heartfelt and thoroughly memorable set of vocal performances, certainly his best yet, and the rhythm section, though what they play is simple in nature, is made more interesting with the use of slap bass, just to point out a few of the qualities here. Oh, and that so-called "emo" sound everyone was complaining about before is completely gone. What other reasons do you have not to enjoy this band? Strangely enough, this album requires repeated listens, but for the opposite reasons most albums require repeated listens. It's easy to write the disc off as being too simple, but you'll realize the glory of this album in the splendor of its simplicity soon enough. Don't overthink music all of the time!

Send comments to Moatilliatta (BETA) | Report this review (#178376) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 28, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness' - Coheed & Cambria (8/10)

This is the pinnacle of Coheed & Cambria's career. In a prudent move, they decided to shed their emo 'pull the trigger and the nightmare stops' shanadigans and make way for more of a Prog sound. Songs like 'Welcome Home' even verge on being considered progressive metal, which isn't something people would expect from a band that's lauded by the 'scene' crowd. While I love each of Coheed's albums respectively, this one holds the place of being my favourite from this band hailing from this New York band. The songwriting adopts a newfound maturity that really adds to the making of a really great album. There are so many great songs on this album, and even the weaker tracks ('Crossing The Frame' and 'The Lies And Dirty Secrets Of Miss Erica Court') bring something interesting to the table. This album would be somewhere in my top twenty favourite albums.

The best songs are obviously, the most progressive. 'Apollo' is a song that is divided into two parts/versions, which is very cool, despite the fact that the two parts are a bit too similar for their own good. Despite a very modern sound (Coheed & Cambria should be applauded for their attention to both the credible and commercial aspects of being an artist) there are obvious homages to their classical influences (Pink Floyd, Yes, Rush.) 'The Final Cut' has a solo in it that sounds like David Gilmour did a guest appearance.

As far as the concept or storyline for the album goes, I've always found 'The Amory Wars' concept to be far too complex to be followed and told faithfully through lyrics. It's nice to know that the lyrics tie together somehow, and perhaps at a later date I will analyze the lyrics, but a science fiction theme is always a plus in my books.

I can't promise everyone will fall in love with this album or band, but the fact that Coheed & Cambria is an extremely talented, able group is undeniable. An album that flows against the tide in an ocean of primarily disposable music.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#205608) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 06, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars Despite a serious dip halfway the album, this is the most convincing C&C material. If you're in the mood for an entertaining mixture of punk-pop fun with touches of Zepply Rushiness, then you should give this album a try.

Right from the opening it is clear that C&C have a few more tricks up their sleeve this time: some moody violins open the album, followed by a good acoustic piece before they kick the thing into real action with Welcome Home, an epic Led Zeppelin anthem. The riffs have become more intricate, the arrangement more textured and the composition is more extended and purposeful. A vast improvement over any of the preceding albums.

However, the creative vibe is not maintained. From track Crossing the Frame onwards, the album won't add much surprises anymore. By consequence, the album loses focus as the songs become gradually more samey and less solid. The closing suite saves the album a bit. With the Willing Well suite C&C deliver some of the best minutes of their career.

If you'd like to try a bubblegum version of the Mars Volta you should seek no further and give this album a try. Only the first 4 and the last few songs would be good enough for 4-stars but nevertheless this is Coheed & Cambria's finest hour.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#252285) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 23, 2009

Review by Menswear
4 stars Good Eye, Sniper.

By far my favorite between the two juggernauts albums baring the name Apollo, this one has lots of musical hooks like other records..only a few more. Coheed and Cambria's records are not very different from another, with the same (winning) recipe and the same sound.

Some songs like Welcome Home are monsters, real epics of Goliathesque weight. C&C are riffing like it's their last day on earth, mimicking some that Metallica gave us in their glory days. Of course, this is not for everybody; they starred in the Vans Warped Tour and the majority of their fans never heard of Gentle Giant or ELP. To me, their songs are a good relief when the greasyness of prog clogges my soul. I do enjoy their comic book attitude and I find refreshing to hear a young voice closer to Geddy Lee than Peter Gabriel. There's so much Marillion wannabees around, how about a change?

I love headbangin' to Ten Speed so much, why should I bother banish them because they achieved MTV success? Prog is the Revenge of Nerds right?

Well Claudio Sanchez is one major nerd.

Send comments to Menswear (BETA) | Report this review (#822753) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 17, 2012

2 stars I've tried numerous times to get into Coheed and Cambria's music, but to no real avail. While Welcome Home is an all right track, I've simply just grown to dislike it the more that I've heard it. Many of the songs on this album are just straight up unimpressive and seem pretty uninspired, and ... (read more)

Report this review (#1286523) | Posted by Obsidian Pigeon | Wednesday, October 01, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Coheed And Cambria is a group that is profoundly influenced by Science Fiction space operas, Progressive Rock,80's metal, 70s classic Rock and various guitar hero tropes (frontman Claudio Sanchez plays a double necked Gibson using his teeth and behind his back, without a shred of irony.) Sounds ... (read more)

Report this review (#951218) | Posted by Knapitatet | Sunday, April 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Ok. I admit it. These guys are like one of my favourite bands of all time! And here's why: At the tender age of 10, with music channels on Sky being my only real musical output and source, I had discovered this band, in quite a comical video and a very cathcy song. I liked them for that song ... (read more)

Report this review (#472378) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Wednesday, June 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars One reviewer calls them a "bubble gum version of Mars Volta". Hah! That made me laugh, but it is actually close to the mark in many ways. I love about 75% of what Mars Volta does and it's about the same for Coheed & Cambria. This album, with the impossibly long title, is the best of the C & C ... (read more)

Report this review (#436141) | Posted by mohaveman | Wednesday, April 20, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is where it all starts, this is Coheed's most progressive effort, some may say it is No World For Tomorrow, but i feel its this one that they really find their own and everything just folds into place, i was hooked on this album ever since i heard the first single from the album WELCOME HOME ... (read more)

Report this review (#282540) | Posted by FarBeyondProg | Tuesday, May 18, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Now if you want an epic album, this is the one to get! IV is the epitemy of Crossover Prog and the best album of 2005 only to be rivaled by Kamelot or Pat Methany. This album though seeming to be a very mainstream record at first listen is an essential album for its masterful story telling and music ... (read more)

Report this review (#280505) | Posted by garla1lh | Tuesday, May 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Throughout their career, Coheed & Cambria have established themselves not only as a band adept to treading the fine line between progressive rock and modern emo rock, but also as a band whose sound becomes stronger and more developed with every new album release. "In Keeping Secrets of Silent ... (read more)

Report this review (#258992) | Posted by Lord Krodius | Saturday, January 02, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I'm going to keep this one fairly simple. Coheed & Cambria are kind of like a prog band. I wish they would be more like one because this album shows how awesome they would be if they just let the creativity fly. Unfortunately, they seem to be stifled by the ever-increasing pressure to be popul ... (read more)

Report this review (#212815) | Posted by Eapo_q42 | Wednesday, April 29, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars To those that know me personally, the fact that I'm giving the band Coheed and Cambria a five star rating on any album would strike you as... more than odd. For somebody like me whom had decried Coheed and Cambria for so long as a horrible band with little to no redeeming qualities. I can admit, ... (read more)

Report this review (#181533) | Posted by Squirrel_Empire | Tuesday, September 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I usually don't leave reviews, but I am inspired to write a review of this album. I understand that this band can be classifiably progressive with the conceptual flow of the lyrics from album to album. I praise the band for doing this, that is great. As far as the musicianship goes this band belongs ... (read more)

Report this review (#178362) | Posted by meddlehead40 | Monday, July 28, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I love this album. Everyone else seems to be obsessing over No World For Tomorrow though, and I still can't get into it as much. This is my #1 favorite album of all-time, and it has been since it came out. I know this sounds shallow, seeing as it only came out in 2005, but it's true. I'll go to ... (read more)

Report this review (#170246) | Posted by apolloskeywork78 | Thursday, May 08, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After the amazing IKSSE:3 I was ready for coheed to continue to evolve their sound. I new they were going to change. Just didnt know how much. Then came the commercials, the animated sneak peaks. I was pumped. I heard the first single welcome home and i immediately set it on repeat. Then came the ... (read more)

Report this review (#152863) | Posted by coheedrocks27 | Monday, November 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Really not cool. A pseudo-concept album for a pseudo-generation. Welcome Home is kind of catchy, but it's the only good song on the album. The rest is hipster poseur-anything. It's emo that wants to be prog. These guys are likely kidding and just making a buck, but this music is not good for peopl ... (read more)

Report this review (#152014) | Posted by King Crimson776 | Wednesday, November 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I originally gave this one 4 stars, but I'm going to bump it up and actually go ahead a say that all prog fans should listen to this one. The album is basically split into 2 parts. The first half is highlighted by the BRILLIANT (my favorite opening ten minutes to ANY album) threesome of Keepin ... (read more)

Report this review (#148317) | Posted by SilverEclipse | Wednesday, October 31, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Coheed and Cambria perhaps only just warrant inclusion on this website. Not really prog, but trying. Their 1st disc, 'Turbine' is immature, disjointed, uncatchy. Their 2nd 'In keeping' expanded on that, got a bit catchier, with half of the songs worthy of this release. 'Good Apollo' on the oth ... (read more)

Report this review (#140914) | Posted by praj912 | Saturday, September 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I didnt like this band at all the first time i heard them. The vocals are so bad, you actuallly have a hard time hearing the rest of the music. for this album.."prog posers" come to mind when hearing the first track. Its obvious they are good at playing guitar, but they dont know how to write go ... (read more)

Report this review (#136685) | Posted by ericfantasy17 | Friday, September 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The beginning of this album is extremely well done. I first listened to it before I knew anything about the band. It starts out with a classical piece which is much more musically significant than the intros to the 2 previous albums. It then launches to the soft and lullabye-like Always & Nev ... (read more)

Report this review (#134622) | Posted by jmcdaniel_ee | Thursday, August 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars 3.5 Really. Has some High high points, but way too many mediocre/low points. Keeping the Blade is an excellent start to the album. Being an instrumental, focused around strings it sounds almost as if it is a lullaby. It sets the tone for the record to begin. 8/10 Always & Never keeps the ... (read more)

Report this review (#134562) | Posted by proghairfunk | Thursday, August 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Good Apollo IV Review Keeping the Blade - I like this, as it sets the epic-drama tone for the rest of the CD very well. It's short, but it is quite beautiful. Always and Never - Here begin the lyrics, and thus also my dislike for the band. Stupid Armory Wars... Welcome Home - Absolutely wond ... (read more)

Report this review (#134343) | Posted by Hirgwath | Wednesday, August 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Coheed & Cambria. When somebody mentions this name out in the world, many avid music listeners immediately say "Hey, yeah, they were at Warped Tour!". Despite the name of said tour bringing chills to my spine, I used to dislike Coheed & Cambria, their music being a tad too upbeat, modern rock and ... (read more)

Report this review (#133688) | Posted by Morbix | Saturday, August 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of COHEED AND CAMBRIA "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness"