THE SHOW OF OUR LIVES: CARAVAN AT THE BBC 1968-1975

Caravan The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 album cover

Buy CARAVAN Music
Live, released in 2007

CD1: (71:13)
1. Place Of My Own (4:12)
2. Ride (4:17)
3. If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You (2:45)
4. Hello Hello (3:10)
5. As I Feel I Die (6:23)
6. Love To Love You (3:12)
7. Love Song Without Flute (3:33)
8. In The Land Of Grey And Pink (3:43)
9. Nine Feet Underground (14:27)
10. Feelin' Reelin' Sqealin' (9:30)
11. Hunting We Shall Go (9:15)
12. Waffle (6:46)

CD2: (73:04)
1. Memory Lain Hugh (5:04)
2. Headloss (4:27)
3. Love In Your Eye (13:54)
4. Mirror For The Day (4:15)
5. Virgin On The Ridiculous (7:01)
6. For Richard (15:04)
7. Dabsong Conshirtoe (15:11)
8. Stuck In A Hole (3:14)
9. Show Of Our Lives (4:54)

Search CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 lyrics

- Steve Miller / keyboards
- Geoffrey Richardson / viola
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Mike Wedgwood / bass

2CD Universal/Decca 5301443 (2007)
recorded work for the BBC between 1968 and 1975

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition
and to brunosamppa for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 Music

In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Polygram UK 2005
Waterloo LilyWaterloo Lily
Polygram UK 2001
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do ItIf I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It
Polygram UK 2001
Shareef Budmaash, Golmaal, Caravan, Mehbooba, Kudrat - Songs MP3 CD US $3.25 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Caravan In the Land of Grey & Pink [+5] Japan Limited Mini-LP CD UICY-9058 US $15.60 [9 bids]
White, Peter,CD,Cut-Out,Caravan of Dreams US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Up, Bustle And Out "The Dance Of Caravan Summer" 1996 Ninja Tune, ZEN 1242 VG+ US $14.00 [0 bids]
Paul Chain Unreleased Vol. 2 guest Wino(St.Vitus-Obsessed-Spirit Caravan)CD US $12.90 Buy It Now 5h 54m
Art Blakey - And Jazz Messengers - Caravan + Buhaina´s Delight Cd New US $15.95 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Coleman/Kane/Wilde - Blues Caravan-Guitars & Feathers [CD New] US $12.93 Buy It Now 6h 31m
David Arkenstone - Caravan Of Light (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 6h 44m
American Caravan Volume 2 7" Reel to Reel 4 Track US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Robin Trower - Caravan To Midnight/Victims Of (2001) - New - Compact Disc US $13.96 Buy It Now 6h 46m
CARAVAN and the new symphonia LP 4 track red/white label design (smlr1110) uk de US $29.04 Buy It Now 7h 44m
WARD ?- Sesquipedalian Origins / Calcium Taut Verdun : Static Caravan 7" US $6.76 Buy It Now 8h 39m
GG Caravan s/t 2012 CD MINT US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 10m
EDDIE THE SHEIK KOCHAK MIDDLE EASTERN CARAVAN 1000 YEARS AGO BELLY DANCE LP US $23.99 Buy It Now 9h 11m
Caravan by Art Blakey Original JazzClassics(CD, Jun-2007, Concord) US $6.75 Buy It Now 9h 38m
SANTO & JOHNNY - CARAVAN / SUMMERTIME - EX ORIGINAL US $3.95 Buy It Now 10h 2m
American Caravan Record Album pop box set of 10 - Remember, LoveIs Blue 33 LP US $19.00 Buy It Now 10h 4m
INSPIRAL CARPETS Caravan Ex+ Mute UK Alternative P/S 12" US $6.76 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Both Sides of Life by Joe d'Urso, Stone Caravan (CD, Mar-2003, 2 Discs,... US $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Anthony Phillips:Data File Promo Booklet [Japan Mini-LP no cd genesis caravan Q US $42.75 Buy It Now 10h 39m
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night CD 7 tracks Deram 820 971-2 US $7.99 [0 bids]
CASINO ORCHESTRA Where My Caravan Has Rested - Waltz 78 COLUMBIA 2447 US $22.01 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All ... japan mini LP SHM CD US $26.99 [0 bids]
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN 1971 Psych Hard Rock Blues Folk ALICE COOPER STONEGROUND US $8.99 Buy It Now 11h 20m
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All ... japan mini LP SHM CD US $26.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
CARAVAN GREY & PINK Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $149.99 Buy It Now 11h 35m
The LAFAYETTES vocal group 45 CARAVAN OF LONELY MEN / I STILL DO ~ VG++ US $11.88 Buy It Now 11h 36m
CARAVAN WATERLOO Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $110.49 Buy It Now 11h 47m
CARAVAN FOR GIRLS Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $152.99 Buy It Now 11h 59m
CARAVAN CUNNING Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $110.49 Buy It Now 12h 4m
R&B 78 Joe LIggins Exclusive 216 Caravan + Going to Heaven E+ w/edgebite NAP US $8.49 Buy It Now 12h 4m
Joe D'Urso & Stone Caravan - Sway (NEW CD) (Bruce Springsteen) US $20.32 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Caravan - Better By Far (NEW CD) US $19.89 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Caravan - The Unauthorised Breakfast (NEW CD) US $19.89 Buy It Now 12h 20m
CARAVAN SYMPHONIA Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $129.99 Buy It Now 12h 22m
Vaugh Montow Caravan "45" US $9.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN - Recorded Live In Concert At Metropolis Studios London - 2xLP US $42.79 Buy It Now 12h 53m
RONALD SHANNON JACKSON Texas LP Caravan of Dreams US $11.95 Buy It Now 13h 38m
CARAVAN Songs and Signs DECCA German import NEAR MINT R*A*R*E* US $69.95 Buy It Now 13h 53m
JIMMY CARAVAN-LOOK INTO THE FLOWER 1968 TOWER RECORDS T 5103 PROMO MONO VG++ US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
STEVEN GROSSMAN CARAVAN TONIGHT LP SRM-1-702 US $18.73 Buy It Now 14h 38m
CAMEL I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE DECCA TXS-R 137 INNER GONG CARAVAN VINYL LP US $11.84 [0 bids]
LEW LEWIS AND HIS BAND BOOGIE ON THE STREET CARAVAN MAN STIFF BUT 5 DR FEELGOOD US $6.76 [1 bids]
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY: Caravan Of Love (soul vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 45m
Caravan/Gordon Giltrap/Sundance 1973 Concert Poster US $30.50 Buy It Now 14h 50m
GOSPEL SINGING CARAVAN.."CHRISTMAS CARD"..LEFEVRES, BLUE RIDGE, PROPHETS.....NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 53m
COMEDY CARAVAN GRIFFITH YORGESSON KARI FREBERT LP T732 US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 58m
CARAVAN the new symphonia JAPAN mini lp SHM CD SEALED US $24.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN in the land of grey and pink JAPAN mini lp SHM CD SACD SEALED US $42.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN - IN THE LAND OF GREY & PINK - IN THE LAND OF GREY & PINK - NEW CD US $18.60 Buy It Now 15h 21m
CARAVAN - LIVE IN CONCERT AT METROPOLIS STUDIOS (+DVD) NEW CD US $24.39 Buy It Now 15h 21m
TEX WILLIAMS: And His Western Caravan (country vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 16h 16m
CARAVAN HEADLOSS LONDON PROMO RARE 20080 DJ STEREO 1973 VG US $1.99 [0 bids]
Robin Trower "Caravan At Midnight" US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 19m
Isley Jasper Isley, Caravan of Love: Best of Audio CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 16h 21m
LATIN JAZZ POPCORN 45 - PLAS JOHNSON - CARAVAN / LAST CALL - BEDFORD RECORDS US $14.99 [0 bids]
BLOOD UNCLES Crash 7" Ps, B/W Caravan, Vs 964 US $8.46 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Leroy Holmes, Three On A Match/Caravan, MGM 11474 US $4.00 [0 bids]
Johnny Dupont 7" 45 HEAR MOD JAZZ SOUL FUNK Caravan COLUMBIA Spectrum US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 45m
THE VENTURES CARAVAN RARE JAPAN OBI REPLICA SEALED CD SELLS FOR AS MUCH AS $2100 US $212.49 Buy It Now 17h 47m
Robin Trower - Caravan to Midnight - LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 50m
Caravan - Cool Water CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 17h 58m
INSPIRAL CARPETS Caravan 7" Ps US $8.46 Buy It Now 18h
The Housemartins: Caravan Of Love 12" VG+/VG++ Canada US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 25m
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN 1971 psych WB LP w/ ALICE COOPER Delaney & Bonnie BB KING US $9.95 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Art Blakey and The JAzz Messengers caravan CD jazz US $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 38m
GOMEZ "How We Operate" BLUE vinyl promo only 7" single b/w "Caravan" 45 rpm US $3.00 [0 bids]
Housemartins, The- Caravan Of Love 12" US $10.59 Buy It Now 19h 7m
GOSPEL SINGING CARAVAN Blue Ridge Quartet w/ George Younce Prophets Qt. vinyl LP US $18.88 Buy It Now 19h 29m
Swing Caravan Get It Fresh CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 36m
The Housemartins 45 Caravan Of love Elektra Records 1987 PROMO COPY US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
Duke Ellington, Azure/Caravan, Master 131 US $15.00 [0 bids]
Rock Sealed! MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN Alice Cooper et ORIG EB373 US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 15m
Isley, Jasper & Isley Caravan Of Love & Different Drummer 2-LP's great condition US $22.99 [0 bids]
In the Land of Grey and Pink by Caravan (CD 2001)RARE Canterbury Prog Genesis US $2.24 [2 bids]
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You by Caravan (CD) UK Prog US $0.99 [1 bids]
DUKE ELLINGTON CD THE GREAT LONDON CONCERTS Take the "A" Train, Caravan, Perdido US $0.01 [0 bids]
Tactile (2)- Aldabra / Caravan 12" US $10.59 Buy It Now 20h 40m
MACHITO PUENTE LOCO Mambo Caravan black label TICO afro Cuban Latin LP 1007 T US $20.00 [0 bids]
The Vintage Caravan: Voyage (2014) CD OBI TAIWAN US $21.99 Buy It Now 21h 26m
Rare Stereo LP : Hot Rod Caravan ~ Great cars from coast to coast ~ Battle 96130 US $30.00 [0 bids]
Oscarlima : Desert Caravan CD US $4.67 Buy It Now 23h 29m
Danny Hoctor's Dance Caravan Show Tunes US $4.49 Buy It Now 23h 37m
Paris Washboard Caravan CD US $5.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Canterbury Tales The Best Of Caravan Caravan Japanese vinyl LP album record US $99.89 Buy It Now 1 day
VENEZUELAN TOURING CARAVAN: Inter-american Travel Seminar (latin vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN S/T (1969) JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED +9 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dick Clark Caravan Of Stars US 1964 Programme (Autographed) US $203.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Kronos Quartet Caravan Troilo Halhor FLAWLESS CD 3DayShip-AddlCDsShipFree US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Here Am I CD NEW SEALED 2005 Prog Rock US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN SOUNDTRACK LP 722 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Barbara Dickson - Caravan Song - 7" PS 1979 - Ex - Italian Issue US $0.02 [0 bids]
Kronos Quartet - Caravan [CD New] US $13.09 Buy It Now 1 day
SUNNY TAN CARAVAN 7 Inch Record US $9.21 Buy It Now 1 day
LENNY DEE AVALON & CARAVAN 45 ORGAN SOLO DECCA RECORDS 29851 US $6.29 Buy It Now 1 day
VVAA - EARL'S BACKROOM AND COZY'S CARAVAN UK reissue EX NM (AFFINITY) LP US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Housemartins - Caravan Of Love - GOD 16 - 7-inch Record US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
INSPIRAL CARPETS 'CARAVAN REMIX' LIMITED UK 12" SINGLE US $11.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Quincy Jones- Caravan Rare 33 RPM 7" Jazz Vinyl Record MERCURY 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 reviews

Review by Raff
4 stars Even though I find there is little to add to James's flawless review, I cannot resist the temptation of expressing my own opinion on this magnificent release from one of my all-time favourite bands. "The Show of Our Lives" captures some sterling performances by a band who - in spite of the frequent line-up changes - were at the peak of their creativity and musicianship, and is therefore worth every one of the 21 euros I spent on it.

CD One starts with a couple of songs from Caravan's charming debut album, and features an interesting, 9-minute-plus version of Soft Machine's hit "Feelin', Reelin', Squeelin'". All these songs clearly show how the legendary 'Canterbury Sound' took its cue from psychedelia before moving into a more complex, challenging, jazz-tinged territory. Unlike the Softs, though, Caravan never lost sight of their pop roots, and effortlessly blended ambitious compositions with melody and accessibility. This CD contains both sides of the band - the poppier gems like the delightful Hello Hello or the quirky "In the Land of Grey and Pink", and the longer, more intricate tracks, powered by David Sinclair's trademark organ sound, such as "Nine Feet Underground" or "As I Feel I Die".

Unfortunately, one of the band's best songs ever (and my personal favourite) has been omitted from this compilation, which is a great pity: I'm referring to "Winter Wine", one of Richard Sinclair's finest lyrical and vocal moments. If I had to nitpick, I'd say that there are not enough tracks featuring Richard S.'s fluid, elegant bass lines and inimitable voice - just listen to his performance on "...Grey and Pink" or at the end of "Nine Feet Underground", and swoon in delight! Caravan did weather his loss by releasing the magnificent "For Girls Who Grow Plump" in the Night (their last great album, in my humble opinion), but never did as well in the vocal department, as is rather evident in most of the tracks on CD Two.

The second CD opens with the upbeat, light-hearted "Memory Lain Hugh/Headloss", and includes songs up to 1975's "Cunning Stunts". In spite of Richard Sinclair's departure, the band's instrumental power remained intact, and the addition of Geoff Richardson's viola proved to be a definite asset to their sound, as shown by the superb version of their classic "For Richard" (recorded in 1974), as well as two later masterpieces such as "A Hunting We Shall Go" (one of my all-time favourite instrumentals, and one of the highlights of the record) and the 15-minute-plus "The Dabsong Conshirtoe", with its energetic, driving finale.

To my mind, Caravan represent the triumph of songwriting at its best as opposed to the technical brilliance for its own sake which is so widespread in 'modern' prog. As this compilations proves, they could do 15-minute epics as well as 3-minute catchy, flawlessly crafted pop songs - something not many other bands of the Seventies could pull off equally well. "The Show of Our Lives" is a must for fans of the Canterbury sound, and a great introduction to the band for those who haven't yet had the pleasure of listening to them. All in all, a more than worthy addition to any prog record collection.

Send comments to Raff (BETA) | Report this review (#159134) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2008

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars The amazing thing about Caravan is just how much they recorded for the BBC, whether in radio sessions or live concerts, but even more amazing is that they keep on belting a few sessions every now and then. Released in 2007, TSOOL is yet another one of those release, a double disc affair for that matter, and still no overlapping from sessions and no sessions with doubtful (even if admitted and revealed) origins, such as the Green Bottles For Marjorie release. But if there are no repetition of sessions, I wouldn't exactly say that these recordings are absolutely essential if you already own one or two live records from the For Girls/Stunts era or own the other sessions from the original four.

I'm not going to go through all of the tracks, but it's quite pleasant to hear three from their debut album, including a rare Wilde Flowers/Soft Machine stunning tidbits Feelin, Squeezin' from a 71 session. Other rarities are the rarely heard Love To Love You, a vastly different Love Song With A Flute (Sinclair on electric piano) and an unfortunately abridged Grey & Pink track and 9 Ft Underground. The only thing not right about this first CD is the inclusion of a For Girls session. Why didn't they wait for the second dic as there was enough space.

That very second disc offering us a bunch of Richardson-era sessions, but not past the Stunts album. Of interest is the Love In Your Eyes with violin and the two new for the New Symphonia gig tracks as well as a For Richard, but most of these can be heard on the Fairfield Hall concert. Hell we even hear Pye answering Geoffrey's great violin runs in For Richard. One of the best versions of Dabsong Conshirtoe is also present on this disc.

Surprisingly, these BBC sessions are issued by Decca label instead of the HUX label, which has been handling BBC stuff for the last years. Anyway, those of you reading me for years now know I have a soft spot for Caravan, but this doesn't mean a fanboy and that I'm buying everything from them; quite on the contrary, I tend to be even more difficult with my fave artistes. So when I saw this, I hesitated less than 10 seconds, told myself, WTF and took it home, knowing I'll only have limited mileage on it. While I wouldn't call this essential at all for general progheads, if you're a Caravan fan, this is an absolute must for all of the great surprises.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#160128) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 29, 2008

4 stars 4.5 stars. This is a live double disc compilation recording of tracks done for the BBC. We get tracks from the debut right through to "Cunning Stunts" plus some that are from "Caravan & The New Symphonia" live album. Also we get a cover of a SOFT MACHINE track. The tracks are pretty much in chronological order. I have to say that the first disc is without a doubt a 5 star affair. It's freaking perfect really, every song is incredible. The second disc I would rate as a solid 4 stars record with a couple of tracks taken from the "Caravan & The New Symphonia" being simply average, and two songs from "Cunning Stunts" album that are also just okay.The rest of the second disc is amazing though.

I don't even know where to start with the first disc because I love every track on it. I have to mention the distorted organ which I guess is a trademark of the Canterbury sound, but it's nasty on these songs. It's interesting as me move along towards the end of the disc to hear the viola from Geoffrey Richardson, it certainly adds a new dynamic. I think the biggest surprise for me was the song "The Dabsong Conshirtoe" from "Cunning Stunts". I don't have that studio album and this song impressed me quite a bit, even if the other two from that album that are on here didn't.

For CARAVAN fans this is a must, for everyone else I would still highly recommend this live 1968-1975 live overview.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#481548) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975"