THE SHOW OF OUR LIVES: CARAVAN AT THE BBC 1968-1975

Caravan The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 album cover

Buy CARAVAN Music
Live, released in 2007

CD1: (71:13)
1. Place Of My Own (4:12)
2. Ride (4:17)
3. If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You (2:45)
4. Hello Hello (3:10)
5. As I Feel I Die (6:23)
6. Love To Love You (3:12)
7. Love Song Without Flute (3:33)
8. In The Land Of Grey And Pink (3:43)
9. Nine Feet Underground (14:27)
10. Feelin' Reelin' Sqealin' (9:30)
11. Hunting We Shall Go (9:15)
12. Waffle (6:46)

CD2: (73:04)
1. Memory Lain Hugh (5:04)
2. Headloss (4:27)
3. Love In Your Eye (13:54)
4. Mirror For The Day (4:15)
5. Virgin On The Ridiculous (7:01)
6. For Richard (15:04)
7. Dabsong Conshirtoe (15:11)
8. Stuck In A Hole (3:14)
9. Show Of Our Lives (4:54)

Search CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 lyrics

- Steve Miller / keyboards
- Geoffrey Richardson / viola
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Mike Wedgwood / bass

2CD Universal/Decca 5301443 (2007)
recorded work for the BBC between 1968 and 1975

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition
and to brunosamppa for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 Music

In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Universal UK 2011
CaravanCaravan
Universal I.S. 2002
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do ItIf I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It
Polygram UK 2001
In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Polygram UK 2005
For Girls Who Grow Plump in NightFor Girls Who Grow Plump in Night
Polygram UK 2005
Waterloo LilyWaterloo Lily
Polygram UK 2001
Show of Our Lives: Caravan at BBC 1968-1975Show of Our Lives: Caravan at BBC 1968-1975
Universal I.S. 2007
Live In Concert At Metropolis StudiosLive In Concert At Metropolis Studios
CONVEYOR 2012
"CARAVAN OF LOVE" ISLEY JASPER ISLEY LP VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 39m 56s
BUDDY RICH - PLAYTIME / BLUES CARAVAN NEW CD US $29.27 Buy It Now 40m 40s
Isley Jasper Isley(12"Vinyl)Caravan Of Love-UK-TA 6612-Epic-Ex/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Robin Trower-Caravan To Midnight-Chrysalis CHR 1189 Lp US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Joe D'Urso and Stone Caravan - Mirrors, Shoestrings, and Credit Cards (CD) US $14.93 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Caravan : Travelling Ways Anthology (2CDs) (2001) US $3.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN AND THE NEW SYMPHONIA / JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
MIKE BATT 'CARAVAN SONG' UK 7" SINGLE US $4.97 Buy It Now 1h 51m
GG Caravan s/t 2012 CD MINT US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
THE HOUSEMARTINS 'CARAVAN OF LOVE' UK 7" SINGLE #2 US $1.64 Buy It Now 2h 11m
THE HOUSEMARTINS 'CARAVAN OF LOVE' UK 7" SINGLE #3 US $1.64 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Caravan & the New Symphonia 1974 1st London Sterling Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $44.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
BLEY,PAUL-CARAVAN SUITE CD NEW US $19.84 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Joe D'Urso & Stone Caravan - Rock and Roll Station (CD) US $11.61 Buy It Now 3h
CARAVAN. CUNNING STUNTS. DECCA ORIGINAL. 1975. EX US $10.60 [3 bids]
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'D Do It All Over [CD New] US $11.69 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Caravan ?- Back On The Tracks - 2 CD (limited edition) US $69.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Again - 8829832 US $9.52 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Caravan - Live At The Fairfield Halls 1974 - 8829022 US $11.43 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink PS 593 - British Import US $59.95 [0 bids]
THE HOUSEMARTINS " CARAVAN OF LOVE " 7" SINGLE GOD 16 EX/EX NR MINT 1986 US $4.97 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Caravan Gogh [CD New] US $17.25 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Caravan - Cunning Stunts [CD New] US $12.42 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Caravan - Dos - Spanish 2LP's near mint US $15.00 [0 bids]
prog CARAVAN "Back To Front" UK orig KINGDOM label LP!! US $9.33 [0 bids]
ELIGH "NIGHTLIFE/ACTORS HAVE NO FRIENDS" 12 RARE ORIG ON CARAVAN THE GROUCH US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Caravan - In The Land of Grey and Pink CD US $8.29 [0 bids]
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over... CD +4 bonus trks US $11.61 [0 bids]
Caravan - If I Could Do It Again.... 7" Decca 1970 RARE US $24.89 [0 bids]
David Fathead Newman - Return To The Wide Open Spaces Live at Caravan of Dreams US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
CARAVAN in the land of grey and pink JAPAN mini lp SHM CD SACD SEALED US $45.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN the new symphonia JAPAN mini lp SHM CD SEALED US $24.99 [0 bids]
GALACTIC CARAVAN: BELLYDNACE ODYSSEY / VARIOUS NEW CD US $20.84 Buy It Now 8h 2m
CARAVAN**A HUNTING WE SHALL GO: LIVE 1974 (180 GRAM)**VINYL US $19.91 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Caravan - Blind Dog at St.Dunstans Japan Cd Mini Lp Replica Album US $30.00 [0 bids]
Caravan - Place Of My Own: The Collection [CD New] US $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Vishwa Mohan Bhatt & Glen Charles Halls - Groove Caravan [CD New] US $10.39 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Dave Chamberlain's Band Of Bones - Caravan [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You 180G LP RE NEW US $18.82 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Dick Clark's Caravan Of Stars 1959 US Tour Programme (LaVern Baker/Annette) US $74.73 Buy It Now 8h 49m
CARAVAN waterloo lily PROMO EMPTY BOX Japan mini lp cd US $35.00 [0 bids]
9h
Caravan of Light by David Arkenstone (CD, Aug-2000, Narada) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Dick Clark's Caravan Of Stars 1962 US Tour Programme (Ronettes/Essex/Little Eva) US $74.73 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Caravan, Caravan, New Original recording remastered, I US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 8m
DUANE EDDY & HIS ROCKABILLIES 7"PS Spain 2013 Ramrod / Caravan AL CASEY US $15.00 [0 bids]
Caravan to Midnight, Trower, Robin, Good US $47.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
John McCabe: Les martinets noirs; Caravan; Rainforests Nos. 1 & 2 (CD,... US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Pangia - Mystic Blue Caravan-Volume 7 [CD New] US $21.98 Buy It Now 9h 34m
HOW TO BUILD MAKE YOUR OWN SNOWGLOBE SNOW CARAVAN CHRISTMAS PRESENT TOY RARE CD US $11.61 Buy It Now 9h 46m
BLOCKBUSTERS: Muddy, Pt. 2 / Soul Caravan 45 (Great soul instro!, sm tear ol) r US $50.00 Buy It Now 9h 47m
DUANE EDDY: Caravan (UK Parlophone 45) US $4.98 [0 bids]
KEITH & THE ADMIRATIONS - Dream/Caravan Of Lonely Men - DJ - 60's TEEN R&R US $9.99 [0 bids]
BIG JOE TURNER AND THE MEMPHIS BLUES CARAVAN, CD Album 2004, MYS CD 103, Mystic US $8.29 [0 bids]
11h
THE HOUSEMARTINS CARAVAN OF LOVE 12" VINYL SINGLE D6 US $8.29 Buy It Now 11h 11m
EDDIE THE SHEIK KOCHAK MIDDLE EASTERN CARAVAN 1000 YEARS AGO BELLY DANCE LP US $23.39 Buy It Now 11h 26m
LP Boxed Set Record Set "American Caravan" Columbia, Used US $7.50 Buy It Now 11h 38m
2014 BOX CARAVAN FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN NIGHTS JAPAN SACD SHM MINI LP CD US $52.80 Buy It Now 11h 51m
CARAVAN-IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 11h 53m
SOFT MACHINE Volume Two PROBE LP SEALED Prog Caravan Kevin Ayers Robert Wyatt US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $48.99 Buy It Now 12h 35m
JOE VALINO - Garden Of Eden b/w Caravan - Original Vik 45 - Pop, VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 13h 24m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 13h 25m
CARAVAN-IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 13h 28m
Vintage Caravan RED Records THE SHOEMAKER & ELVES 78rpm 1949 C-17 US $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 40m
PLACE OF SKULLS With Vision featuring WINO CD NEW Spirit Caravan Obsessed SEALED US $35.99 Buy It Now 13h 47m
CARAVAN - CUNNING STUNTS NEW CD US $20.07 Buy It Now 14h 52m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 14h 58m
Mayo Hubert-Caravan De Santino - Mayo Hubert CD NEW US $18.35 Buy It Now 15h 4m
CARAVAN PALACE-PANIC CD NEW US $30.16 Buy It Now 15h 4m
JOSEPH A ROCK ORATORIO ( THE CARAVAN ) '70 Rock Xian LP Andrew Lloyd Webber US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 6m
45 Mickey Andrews/Gypsy Doodle/Caravan/Boot 378/Canada/NM HEAR RARE US $19.00 Buy It Now 15h 32m
Caravan Palace - Caravan Palace US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 49m
13-0701-081 | CARAVAN the bast of caravan EX/M- UK C5505 US $34.99 Buy It Now 16h 9m
CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
CARAVAN S/T (1969) JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED +9 US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Isley Jasper Isley-Lot of 2 Lps-Caravan Of Love-Broadway's Closer To Sunset Blv US $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 46m
SOUL CARAVAN- Live 1969 (Garden of delights) US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Caravan - Drifting And Dreaming by The Mulcays US $7.49 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Caravan ?With Strings Attached SEALED 2003 Germany CD National Health Quiet S US $37.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Hatfield and the North Live 1990 SEALED 1993 UK CD Matching Mole Caravan Camel US $63.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Jim Leverton End Of The Pier Show SEALED UK CD Caravan Pengujin Cafe Orchestra US $28.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Traveling Ways: The HTD Anthology SEALED 2001 UK 2CD Set Jethro Tull US $15.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Surprise Supplies SEALED 1999 UK HTD CD National Health Jethro Tull Khan US $32.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan All Over You...Too SEALED 2000 UK CD Jethro Tull Gong Mirage Centipede US $21.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Jethro Tull Minstrel in the Gallery SEALED 2002 US CD w/ 5 Bns Trx Caravan Camel US $12.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Jethro Tul Live At Hammersmith '84 SEALED 1990 UK CD BBC Session Caravan Camel US $47.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Cunning Stunts SEALED rem 2001 UK CD w/ 4 bns trx Richard Thompson Camel US $13.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Jethro Tull Rock Island SEALED 2006 UK CD w/ 3 Bns Trx Caravan Camel Renaissance US $17.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan ?Canterbury Comes To London (Live From The Astoria) SEALED 1997 UK CD US $42.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Ether Way: BBC Sessions 1975-77 SEALED 1998 UK CD Hatfield and the North US $11.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Nowhere to Hide SEALED 2003 Germany CD Jethro Tull Soft Machine Camel US $37.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Better by Far SEALED 2004 UK rem CD Steeleye Span Renaissance Camel Gong US $23.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Songs for Oblivion Fishermen SEALED 1998 UK CD Camel National Health US $13.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night SEALED Rem 2001 CD w/ 5 Bns Trx US $13.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Live at the Fairfield Halls 1974 SEALED 2002 rem UK CD Jethro Tull Camel US $13.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Jethro Tull Roots to Branches SEALED 1997 USA CD Camel Caravan Camel Yes Genesis US $11.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Waterloo Lily SEALED 2001 Rem UK CD 4 bns trx Jethro Tull Steeleye Span US $13.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan Blind Dog at St. Dunstan's SEALED 1994 German CD Mirage Jethro Tull Khan US $15.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Hatfield and the North S/T SEALED 2005 Rem USA CD (Caroline 1833) Caravan Camel US $11.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan & the New Symphonia SEALED '01 UK rem CD w 4 bns trx Fairport Convention US $13.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975 reviews

Review by Raff
4 stars Even though I find there is little to add to James's flawless review, I cannot resist the temptation of expressing my own opinion on this magnificent release from one of my all-time favourite bands. "The Show of Our Lives" captures some sterling performances by a band who - in spite of the frequent line-up changes - were at the peak of their creativity and musicianship, and is therefore worth every one of the 21 euros I spent on it.

CD One starts with a couple of songs from Caravan's charming debut album, and features an interesting, 9-minute-plus version of Soft Machine's hit "Feelin', Reelin', Squeelin'". All these songs clearly show how the legendary 'Canterbury Sound' took its cue from psychedelia before moving into a more complex, challenging, jazz-tinged territory. Unlike the Softs, though, Caravan never lost sight of their pop roots, and effortlessly blended ambitious compositions with melody and accessibility. This CD contains both sides of the band - the poppier gems like the delightful Hello Hello or the quirky "In the Land of Grey and Pink", and the longer, more intricate tracks, powered by David Sinclair's trademark organ sound, such as "Nine Feet Underground" or "As I Feel I Die".

Unfortunately, one of the band's best songs ever (and my personal favourite) has been omitted from this compilation, which is a great pity: I'm referring to "Winter Wine", one of Richard Sinclair's finest lyrical and vocal moments. If I had to nitpick, I'd say that there are not enough tracks featuring Richard S.'s fluid, elegant bass lines and inimitable voice - just listen to his performance on "...Grey and Pink" or at the end of "Nine Feet Underground", and swoon in delight! Caravan did weather his loss by releasing the magnificent "For Girls Who Grow Plump" in the Night (their last great album, in my humble opinion), but never did as well in the vocal department, as is rather evident in most of the tracks on CD Two.

The second CD opens with the upbeat, light-hearted "Memory Lain Hugh/Headloss", and includes songs up to 1975's "Cunning Stunts". In spite of Richard Sinclair's departure, the band's instrumental power remained intact, and the addition of Geoff Richardson's viola proved to be a definite asset to their sound, as shown by the superb version of their classic "For Richard" (recorded in 1974), as well as two later masterpieces such as "A Hunting We Shall Go" (one of my all-time favourite instrumentals, and one of the highlights of the record) and the 15-minute-plus "The Dabsong Conshirtoe", with its energetic, driving finale.

To my mind, Caravan represent the triumph of songwriting at its best as opposed to the technical brilliance for its own sake which is so widespread in 'modern' prog. As this compilations proves, they could do 15-minute epics as well as 3-minute catchy, flawlessly crafted pop songs - something not many other bands of the Seventies could pull off equally well. "The Show of Our Lives" is a must for fans of the Canterbury sound, and a great introduction to the band for those who haven't yet had the pleasure of listening to them. All in all, a more than worthy addition to any prog record collection.

Send comments to Raff (BETA) | Report this review (#159134) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2008

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars The amazing thing about Caravan is just how much they recorded for the BBC, whether in radio sessions or live concerts, but even more amazing is that they keep on belting a few sessions every now and then. Released in 2007, TSOOL is yet another one of those release, a double disc affair for that matter, and still no overlapping from sessions and no sessions with doubtful (even if admitted and revealed) origins, such as the Green Bottles For Marjorie release. But if there are no repetition of sessions, I wouldn't exactly say that these recordings are absolutely essential if you already own one or two live records from the For Girls/Stunts era or own the other sessions from the original four.

I'm not going to go through all of the tracks, but it's quite pleasant to hear three from their debut album, including a rare Wilde Flowers/Soft Machine stunning tidbits Feelin, Squeezin' from a 71 session. Other rarities are the rarely heard Love To Love You, a vastly different Love Song With A Flute (Sinclair on electric piano) and an unfortunately abridged Grey & Pink track and 9 Ft Underground. The only thing not right about this first CD is the inclusion of a For Girls session. Why didn't they wait for the second dic as there was enough space.

That very second disc offering us a bunch of Richardson-era sessions, but not past the Stunts album. Of interest is the Love In Your Eyes with violin and the two new for the New Symphonia gig tracks as well as a For Richard, but most of these can be heard on the Fairfield Hall concert. Hell we even hear Pye answering Geoffrey's great violin runs in For Richard. One of the best versions of Dabsong Conshirtoe is also present on this disc.

Surprisingly, these BBC sessions are issued by Decca label instead of the HUX label, which has been handling BBC stuff for the last years. Anyway, those of you reading me for years now know I have a soft spot for Caravan, but this doesn't mean a fanboy and that I'm buying everything from them; quite on the contrary, I tend to be even more difficult with my fave artistes. So when I saw this, I hesitated less than 10 seconds, told myself, WTF and took it home, knowing I'll only have limited mileage on it. While I wouldn't call this essential at all for general progheads, if you're a Caravan fan, this is an absolute must for all of the great surprises.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#160128) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 29, 2008

4 stars 4.5 stars. This is a live double disc compilation recording of tracks done for the BBC. We get tracks from the debut right through to "Cunning Stunts" plus some that are from "Caravan & The New Symphonia" live album. Also we get a cover of a SOFT MACHINE track. The tracks are pretty much in chronological order. I have to say that the first disc is without a doubt a 5 star affair. It's freaking perfect really, every song is incredible. The second disc I would rate as a solid 4 stars record with a couple of tracks taken from the "Caravan & The New Symphonia" being simply average, and two songs from "Cunning Stunts" album that are also just okay.The rest of the second disc is amazing though.

I don't even know where to start with the first disc because I love every track on it. I have to mention the distorted organ which I guess is a trademark of the Canterbury sound, but it's nasty on these songs. It's interesting as me move along towards the end of the disc to hear the viola from Geoffrey Richardson, it certainly adds a new dynamic. I think the biggest surprise for me was the song "The Dabsong Conshirtoe" from "Cunning Stunts". I don't have that studio album and this song impressed me quite a bit, even if the other two from that album that are on here didn't.

For CARAVAN fans this is a must, for everyone else I would still highly recommend this live 1968-1975 live overview.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#481548) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Show Of Our Lives: Caravan At The BBC 1968-1975"