LIVE FROM OZ

Planet X

Planet X Live From Oz  album cover

Buy PLANET X Music
Live, released in 2002

1. Ignotus Per Ignotium (7:16)
2. Inside Black (5:16)
3. Dog Boots (3:55)
4. Atlantis : Apocalypse 1470 BC (6:24)
5. Atlantis : Sea of Antiquity (4:20)
6. Atlantis : Lost Island (6:21)
7. Derek Sherinian Solo (2:41)
8. Warfinger (4:36)
9. Virgil Donati Solo (4:00)
10. Warfinger Reprise (1:52)
11. Tony MacAlpine Solo (4:14)
12. Her Animal (4:40)
13. Europa (4:20)
14. Pods of Trance (8:08)

Search PLANET X Live From Oz lyrics

Search PLANET X Live From Oz tabs

- Derek Sherinian / keyboards
- Virgil Donati / drums
- Tony MacAlpine / guitar
- Dave LaRue (guest) / bass

InsideOut #IOMA 2034-2

PLANET X MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PLANET X Live From Oz Music

QuantumQuantum
Inside Out U.S. 2007
Live From OzLive From Oz
Inside Out U.S. 2002
Once Upon A Dancefloor 12 Inch (12Once Upon A Dancefloor 12 Inch (12" Vinyl Single) UK Ffrr 1992
FFRR
Vinyl$4.99 (used)
Planet X - publicity photo US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
4x 12" VARIOUS x-mix planet x 1992-1995 Mint- Promo XM 9295 House Record US $150.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MF DOOM - LIVE FROM PLANET X NEW CD US $18.17 Buy It Now 2 days
THE NICOTINES: Planet X LP LONDON RECORDS LON395 UK 1998 7" 45 RPM NM US $6.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Tony MacAlpine "Eyes Of The World" CD Ring Of Fire Planet X CAB Hard Rock US $3.25 [2 bids]
The Nicotines - Planet X - UK Promo CD Single US $5.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Southern Sons "Southern Sons" CD Virgil Donati Planet X Melodic Hard Rock AOR US $5.00 [1 bids]
Larry Norman Presents: Daniel Amos 1980 LP Horrendous Disc PLANET X SOLID ROCK US $7.67 [0 bids]
Planet X - MoonBabies (CD, Jul-2002, Inside Out Music) GERMANY DIGIPAK US $26.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Cast Recording - Brain From Planet X [CD New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Derek Sherinian - Planet X (SEALED NEW CD 1999) DREAM THEATER US $7.21 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Planet X Vol 2 CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
PLANET X VOLUME 1 FATBOY SLIM/GRINSPOON/SLIPNOT 2 CD SET - NEAR MINT US $16.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Mf Doom : Live from Planet X CD (2006) US $4.77 Buy It Now 6 days
MF DOOM - Live From Planet X - CD US $18.86 Buy It Now 6 days
Brain From Planet X : Cast Recording CD (2007) US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
@ CD Ian Lloyd - Planet X STORIES - AOR MVM RECORDS 1997 US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Hot Buttered Elves-2012: Planet X-mas CD NEW US $15.28 Buy It Now 7 days
Helvacioglu; Mertin-Planet X CD NEW US $14.31 Buy It Now 7 days
MACALPINE "EYES OF THE WORLD" 1990 VERTIGO LP (TONY, PLANET X) US $8.17 Buy It Now 8 days
MF Doom ~ Live from Planet X 2005 Nature Sounds Original Mint- Disc US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
PLANET X_Volume 2_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_Q2 US $8.80 Buy It Now 8 days
MF DOOM - Live From Planet X (CD) US $8.01 Buy It Now 9 days
PLANET X UNIVERSE- VIRGIL DONATI CD- NEW US $13.20 Buy It Now 9 days
PLANET X - LIVE FROM OZ - NEW CD- VIRGIL DONATI US $13.20 Buy It Now 9 days
Helios Creed Planet X vinyl LP Amphetamine Reptile Records NEW Sealed US $32.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Helvacioglu/Mertin - Planet X [CD New] US $14.13 Buy It Now 10 days
MF DOOM - LIVE FROM PLANET X (New & Sealed) Hip Hop CD US $5.60 Buy It Now 10 days
PLANET X_all Time Kick Ass Trax Vol 1_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA US $8.80 Buy It Now 11 days
MINISTER, The - Paranoia On Planet X - 12" US $20.15 Buy It Now 12 days
MF DOOM-Live From Planet X CD NEW US $14.01 Buy It Now 12 days
NICOTINES planet x 7" b/w two shivers (lon395) pic slv uk london 1997 US $8.41 Buy It Now 12 days
Planet X - Once Upon A Dancefloor HOUSE 12" Single Vinyl 1992 FFRR US $3.99 Buy It Now 13 days
PLANET X - NEW CD US $11.15 Buy It Now 13 days
VARIOUS ARTISTS SOUNDTRACK 2 CD SET PLANET X VOLUME 2 MADE IN AUSTRALIA US $10.30 Buy It Now 13 days
Helvacioglu Mertin - Planet X CD US $18.40 Buy It Now 13 days
MF DOOM - LIVE FROM PLANET X - NEW CD US $6.47 Buy It Now 14 days
PLANET X - QUANTIUM 2007 NEW CD ?????????????????? US $12.50 Buy It Now 15 days
Mf Doom, Live From Planet X Audio CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 16 days
System II - X-Tacy 12" Breakbeat Planet X Records 1996 US $3.74 Buy It Now 16 days
Unknown Artist planet x CD US $13.24 Buy It Now 16 days
MF Doom-Live from Planet X CD Explicit Lyrics, Live New US $9.46 Buy It Now 17 days
Planet X by Lloyd, Ian US $39.98 Buy It Now 18 days
NICOTINES planet x CD 3 track (loncd395) uk london 1997 US $8.41 Buy It Now 18 days
NICOTINES planet x CD 3 track group sleeve design b/w shivers under the moon and US $8.41 Buy It Now 18 days
NICOTINES planet x CD 3 track bus shelter sleeve design (loncd395) uk london 199 US $8.41 Buy It Now 18 days
Sugarcubes Bjork - Planet x3 - Elektra 8141, U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $13.48 Buy It Now 19 days
Planet X V.1 (US Import) (2CDs) US $2.12 Buy It Now 19 days
The Nicotines : Planet X CD (1997) US $2.04 Buy It Now 19 days
SUN CAGED S/T CD MARCEL COENEN PLANET X EVERGREY PAIN OF SALVATION DREAM THEATER US $7.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Various : Planet X All Time Kick... CD (2004) US $2.83 Buy It Now 20 days
Planet X, New Music US $7.79 Buy It Now 20 days
Various Artists : Planet X: All Time Kick Ass Tracks (2CDs) (2003) US $3.61 Buy It Now 20 days
*6* SCI-FI Musical CDs: BAT BOY. ZOMBIE PROM. Sisterella. BRAIN From PLANET X... US $29.99 Buy It Now 20 days
? n5981 LP - PLANET X / ONCE UPON A DANCEFLOOR - Tony humphries Remix US $4.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Various : Planet X Vol. 3 CD US $2.12 Buy It Now 20 days
VARIOUS ARTISTS - Planet X Volume 2 (1 CD) [Shock] US $4.36 Buy It Now 21 days
Planet X - Erdem Helvacioglu New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.56 Buy It Now 22 days
Live from Planet X - Doom Mf New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.88 Buy It Now 22 days
PLANET X - QUANTUM [PLANET X] - NEW CD US $29.65 Buy It Now 22 days
PLANET X_KIck Ass Trax_Volume 2_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_L6 US $8.80 Buy It Now 22 days
Time and the City by Jim Hartog (CD, Planet X (Hepcat)) US $9.00 Buy It Now 23 days
PLANET X KICK ASS TRAX VOL. 2 Various: Feat. Jet, 28 Days, Grinspoon CD NEW US $13.16 Buy It Now 23 days
MF DOOM - Live From Planet X CD (NEW 2005 Hip Hop) Metal Fingers/Viktor Vaughn US $4.80 Buy It Now 23 days
Spunt, Brett Michael Planet X Blue World CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Erika / Planet X JAPAN+1 Yngwie *M US $34.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Mertin Planet X CD US $2.83 Buy It Now 24 days
Derek Sherinian - Planet X (1999) CD QUALITY CHECKED & FAST FREE P&P US $9.45 Buy It Now 25 days
Derek Sherinian - Planet X (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $6.97 Buy It Now 25 days
The Nicotines - Planet X - RARE CD Indie Alternative US $4.99 Buy It Now 26 days
SUN CAGED S/T CD MARCEL COENEN PLANET X EVERGREY PAIN OF SALVATION DREAM THEATER US $7.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Planet X - Once Upon A Dancefloor - Ffrr - 1992 #1593 US $6.40 Buy It Now 26 days
Mf Doom : Live from Planet X CD (2006) US $7.51 Buy It Now 26 days
Max & Amino - Fiends From Planet X - Alien Trax #29239 US $6.40 Buy It Now 27 days
Planet X - Live From Oz (Live Recording, 2002) CD QUALITY CHECKED US $20.85 Buy It Now 27 days
PLANET X ~ Once Upon A Dancefloor ~ 12" Single US $6.40 Buy It Now 27 days
Derek Sherinian - Planet X SEALED CD 1999 DREAM THEATER US $9.62 Buy It Now 27 days
MF DOOM LIVE FROM PLANET X CD ALBUM NEW & SEALED EXPLICIT CONTENT US $14.43 Buy It Now 28 days
Out of the Silent Planet - X. King's New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.19 Buy It Now 28 days
HELVACIOGLU / MERTIN - PLANET X NEW CD US $20.33 Buy It Now 28 days
Planet X - Quantum (2007) CD QUALITY CHECKED & FAST FREE P&P US $43.32 Buy It Now 29 days
Planet X - MoonBabies (2002) CD QUALITY CHECKED & FAST FREE P&P US $20.85 Buy It Now 29 days
Universe by Planet X TONY MACALPINE, DEREK SHERINIAN GREAT SHRED METAL US $41.62 Buy It Now 29 days
PLANET X once upon a dancefloor 12" 5 trk vocal mix, dub b/w tony humphries mix US $8.41 Buy It Now 29 days
Live From Planet X by Mf Doom US $4.78 Buy It Now 29 days
PLANET X - MOONBABIES - NEW CD US $21.85 Buy It Now 29 days
PLANET X - UNIVERSE [PLANET X] [CD] [1 DISC] [4001617412121] - NEW CD US $21.85 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PLANET X music online Buy PLANET X & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PLANET X DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PLANET X Live From Oz ratings distribution

PLANET X Live From Oz reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars I got a copy of this CD a few months ago from Derek SHERINIAN to check out before this final release. Derek responded to a review of his solo album "Inertia" I did with a nice e-mail, and then he asked me if I wanted a CDR copy of this recording, I gladly accepted of course.

I have listened to this four times now and have found it to be a highly entertaining disc regarding all aspects of the musical equation. I held off on writing about this until the official release came out to see if there were any differences in the sound. There are some differences, it got tweaked slightly in the studio during the final mix down, and it's noticeable to the discriminating ear. Simon Phillips, renowned percussionist, did the final mixing.

Derek's goal was to fine tune this band into a working machine, I think that he has succeeded in doing so. The tracks were recorded June 13, 2001 at The Corner Hotel in Richmond, Victoria, Australia. For three guys they certainly make a lot of noise. While SHERINIAN leads the group on keyboards, Tony Macalpine handles the guitar, and Virgil Donati mans the drum kit. Their sound is BIG, and you would never know that it was merely a trio. The absence of bass is simply not a factor, Derek more than makes up for that with his keyboard virtuosity. The three part "Atlantis" is their epic slice of prog-rock totaling more than 17 minutes. The subject matter is typical of the genre, and words are not necessary as the group does a fine job of making the story happen inside your head with the changing tides of the music. The crowd is very responsive and each member of the group gets their moment in the spotlight. Derek is very generous when it comes to sharing the stage, and he makes sure that the crowd appreciates all the solos by his band mates by urging the crowd to respond.

SHERINIAN is a powerful keyboard player with a real focus and sense of direction that he is going in musically. Keyboard players are notoriously free spirited and Derek is no exception. He was great in DREAM THEATER, but now he is really beginning to blossom following his own path. This is great live prog-rock. It's a must for any keyboard devotee's collection or prog-rock enthusiast.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#11126) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is one of the Dream Theaterīs offshoots, as we know the great keyboardist ex member of Dream Theater Derek Sherinian formed this band. Planet X is a prog metal band, with a symphonic oriented sound with a bit of jazzy passages. I know is not correct to start listenig to a band with a Live album, in this case this was the first Planet X album i ever heard, then i listened to Moon Babies which is much more better than this., of course Moon Babies is a studio album. I have listened to this album 10 times for much, and i think it has great musicianship and good skills, this is another instrumental ban, and it is a good album, but to be honest i didnt enjoy it so much, because i found regular music and nothing new to show, i say that becuase i excpected more from this album, i can assure that it is borign, because it isnt, but of course is not a very good album, maybe i dont know the order of the songs makes it less enjoyable, i dont know, simply i think it is good , but not an excellent addition to any prog music collector.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#74152) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Review by Gatot
4 stars An Excellent Live album!

I have a unique story to share with you about this album. The first idea to consider buying this album was only one : Derek Sherenian - whom I knew from Dream Theater. I purchased the CD which was under "Sale" and it cost me USD 6 at local store in Jakarta. But due to continuous torture from many of my friends who told me that this album is not Planet X's best and they always recommended me with "Moonbabies". So what happened, I had still kept the CD "sealed" (unopened) for such a long time (close to two years!) because of that constant messages I received from my friends that this is just a "so and so" album which is nothing special to them. I never paid attention to this CD until roughly couple of weeks ago. The first spin after I opened the seal, I was impressed with one thing: the dynamics of the show! First off, I have countless told you that I am a true fan of rock live album, so is the case with this album by Planet X. When the opening track "Ignotus Per Ignotium" (7:16) blasts the music with its dynamic rhythm and aggressive guitar melody, my pulse was running faster. Since then I started to pay more attention to this album that I have long kept it under sealed condition, untouched.

This time I open all things related to this album from its simple CD sleeves with photos of the show and all credits by band members. The concert was recorded at The Corner Hotel in Richmond, Victoria Australia, June 13, 2001. There were four players involved: Derek on keyboard, Tony MacAlpine on guitar (I knew his name from my friend), and a drummer that I had never paind attention before: Virgil Donati. Through this concert the trio was backed by special guest Dave Larue on bass guitar. The result is an excellent live record with almost flawless performance. What surprises me is that this record can create dynamics throughout the duration of the show from start to finish. It's really an excellent album to have!

Right after wonderful and lively opening of fist track, it flows beautifully to "Inside Black" (5:16), "Dog Boots" (3:55) and "Atlantis" epic which comprises three parts : "Apocalypse 1470 BC" (6:24), "Sea of Antiquity" (4:20) and "Lost Island" (6:21). Derek then provides his stunning solo. It's quite surprising to me that majority of instrument used before Derek's solo is guitar which is played wonderfully by Tony MacAlphine. During "Warfinger" (4:36) Dave Larue provides his virtuosity in playing his bass guitar, continued with "Virgil Donati Solo" (4:00) and "Warfinger Reprise" (1:52). Even though Tony has in a way dominated the melody line through his guitar, he is also given a chance to deliver his "Tony MacAlpine Solo" (4:14).

In most of music exploration that I experience, I always wait for when the "interlude" is coming because it usually contains nice solo by guitar or keyboard. But this time with this instrumental album I can enjoy many interludes because there are melodies performed by guitar and / or keyboard. I do enjoy this live album. The sonic quality is really wonderful and I cannot believe that this is actually a live album. Mixing was done by Simon Phillips. The show has successfully demonstrated virtuosities of the band members. It also provides great live vibes knowing the fact that the music is all instrumental. I recommend this to those of you who enjoy G3, Satriani, Vai, or Liquid Tension Experiment. Yoy might enjoy this album as well. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#135805) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 01, 2007

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Live From Oz' is the second album from Planet X and contains material reaching back as far as Derek Sherinian's 1999 solo album (somewhat confusingly called 'Planet X') and forward to 'Moonbabies'. Recorded in Melbourne, on the final gig of the 2001 tour, the band were joined by Dave La Rue on bass (Dixie Dregs/Steve Morse). Planet X are an instrumental band comprising Derek Sherinian (keys, ex-Dream Theater, Alice Cooper etc), Virgil Donati (drums, Steve Vai etc) and Tony MacAlpine (guitar).

This is all about music played in very strange time signatures, that is extremely intricate and always at risk of falling over due to sheer note density. It is not easy to listen to and in many ways has more in common with jazz than it has with much of the progressive rock music that is around at present. That all of the band are masters of their instruments is never in doubt, but trying to follow the thread of the melody can be slightly more difficult.

The fact that three of the fourteen tracks are solos for each of the band does also lay them open to the claim of being somewhat narcissistic and self-indulgent, but what saves them each time is that they are just so good at what they do. They are so tight that one cannot help but be impressed. The trick is to listen to this in a darkened room and just let the music sweep over you, particularly on the "Atlantis" suite which is seventeen minutes long

originally appeared in Feedback #69, Aug 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978042) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 14, 2013

2 stars A disappointing album. The setlist mostly consist of songs from Universe with the exception of Atlantis suite and a solo spot from each member. Keyboard sounds are quite [&*!#]ty and messy (not very expectable from such a great keyboardist like Sherinian). MacAlpines guitar work is very loose ... (read more)

Report this review (#62132) | Posted by | Thursday, December 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars When great musician collaboration to found a band, wether the album will great too ? No guarantee. But when Tony Macalpine, Virgil Donati and Derek Sherinian collaborate to found a band call Planet X, off course great album is a fact. On this review, I will review live album from Planet X, L ... (read more)

Report this review (#11127) | Posted by torro | Tuesday, March 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PLANET X "Live From Oz "