PLATTE

1. Kwark (19:55)
2. Holzbock (7:32)
3. Columb (11:54)

Bonus tracks CD release
4. Dedicated To Mk (10:39)
5. Flurstück (11:46)

Search ELECTRIC ORANGE Platte lyrics

Search ELECTRIC ORANGE Platte tabs

- Dirk Bittner / guitar, bass, old drums, percussion, harmonium
- Dirk Jan Müller / Hammond, Leslie, synths, tapes, Mellotron, piano
- Josef Ahns / guitar
- Silvio Franolic / drums

LP Catweezle CW004 (2003 Germany)
CD Sulatron Records ST0701 (2007 Austria)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

ELECTRIC ORANGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ELECTRIC ORANGE Platte Music

FleischwerkFleischwerk
Imports 2008
Electric OrangeElectric Orange
Orange CommutationOrange Commutation
Deler 1996

More places to buy ELECTRIC ORANGE music online Buy ELECTRIC ORANGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ELECTRIC ORANGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ELECTRIC ORANGE Platte ratings distribution

ELECTRIC ORANGE Platte reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Can you find a holzbock on platte?

I don't know if the song titles have any sense. It doesn't matter - the main thing is to judge the musical output in the end. Here we have an album with some band jams mastered by Eroc at his 'ranch'. Originally released as a long player in 2003 - platte is a german expression for vinyl - the digitalized version from 2007 contains two bonus tracks. ELECTRIC ORANGE is delivering a special unique album - something I've never heard before. Either you love it or not. Fans of Hammond drenched music must be satisfied. But don't expect rock songs as usual. The basis of this album are hypnotic beats, pointed out monotonous with intention and the band members are spinning a fine web around them with their instruments.

kwark, nearly 20 trance minutes long, has a gloomy meandering begin. The song is absolutely Hammond infected but also with spacy guitars and raises in waves. holzbock with an impelling rhythm work remembers much at CAN. columb is my favourite - melancholic trippy with a floating beat because of the use of old drums. Probably suitable for a film music about camel riding across the Sahara - fantastic! Dedicated to mk with a swirling Hammond, caused by a Leslie I suppose, is recorded in memory of Michael Karoli from CAN who sadly died in 2001. This song was released on a Manikin Records sampler before. On flurstück something like a rhythm machine gives a minimalistic beat only accompanied by harmonium and flügel. The bonus tracks are rounding up the album with more variety.

Don't listen to this stuff only for one or two times - you will lose. The more I hear this the more I like it. Very creative album. References to the old kraut and psych times are intended but ELECTRIC ORANGE are delivering something new. 3.5 stars really.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#153627) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 02, 2007

3 stars 3.5 stars. For me this is a step up from the previous album "Abgelaufen!" but it's not quite worth 4 stars. I suppose i've been spoiled by their excellent "Morbus" release, it's hard not to compare their earlier albums to "Morbus" when it was the first record by them that I had heard.

"Kwark" is the 20 minute opener. It has a mid-paced trippy beat throughout. The organ becomes more prominant 3 1/2 minutes in and the overall sound is building. Great sound 7 minutes in and later at the 9 minute mark, as we get some good organ runs as the drums pound away.

"Holzbock" is more uptempo with a catchy beat. I agree with Rivertree that this song recalls CAN. Guitar before 1 1/2 minutes joins in. Organ comes in before 4 minutes. "Columb" is the 11 minute closer. This is my favourite of the three tracks. It's led by heavy drums as organ and synths create an almost haunting atmosphere. Mellotron 7 1/2 minutes in.

I don't know but this record and the previous one just don't seem very inspired after listening to Morbus. It's like the latter is in colour, while the other two are in black and white.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#187065) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 26, 2008

Post a review of ELECTRIC ORANGE "Platte"