PSI-FI

Seventh Wave

Seventh Wave Psi-fi album cover

Buy SEVENTH WAVE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Return To Foreverland (3:47)
2. Roads To Rome (3:12)
3. Manifestations (5:41)
4. Loved By You (2:45)
5. Only The Beginning (7:58)
6. Aether Anthem (1:29)
7. Astral Animal (3:08)
8. El Tooto (2:11)
9. Camera Obscura (9:01)
10. Star Palace Of The Sombre Warrior (6:25)

Search SEVENTH WAVE Psi-fi lyrics

Search SEVENTH WAVE Psi-fi tabs

Ken Elliott: Vocals, Multi-Keyboards, Synthesizers, Pedals & Percussion.
Kieran O'Connor: Drums, Multi-Percussion & Vocals.

Guests:

Hugh Banton - Organ, Melatron & ARP Synthesizer, Track 3
Steve Cook - Electric Bass Tracks 1 & 3.
Rob Elliott - Vocals, Tracks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 & 9.
Tony Elliott - Bongos, Track 5, Vocals, Tracks 3 & 10.
Brian Gould - Organ & Crumar Stringman, Tracks 5 & 10.
Pepi Lemer - Vocals, Track 3.
Pete Lemer - ARP Synthesizer, RMI & Crumar Piano, Tracks 3, 5, 6, 8 & 10.
Tony Utah - Multi-Percussion Track 4.

Recorded at Chalk Farm Studios, London.

Sleeve Design: John Pasche
Cover Photo: Phil Jude,
Made in England 1975.
A division of Gull Entertainments Limited, London.

All tracks written by Ken Elliott.
Produced by Neil Richmond.

Thanks to ZowieZiggy for the addition

SEVENTH WAVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SEVENTH WAVE Psi-fi Music

Things to Come / Psi-FiThings to Come / Psi-Fi
Market Square UK 2012
Psi-FiPsi-Fi
Airmail 2005
1970'S Newspaper Advert 8x12 Seventh Wave - Psi-Fi Album USD $12.51 Buy It Now 7 days
SEVENTH WAVE psi-fi 1975 US JANUS STEREO LP USD $18.76 Buy It Now 8 days
SEVENTH WAVE psi-fi GULL UK ORIGINAL 1st PRESS LP prog synth-pop GULP.1010 (NM) USD $20.40 Buy It Now 10 days
SEVENTH WAVE - PSI-FI rare 1975 GULL 1st press LP superb NM USD $31.26 Buy It Now 11 days
prog SEVENTH WAVE Psi-fi JANUS LP Second Hand Fungus 1975 Canada pressing USD $16.99 Buy It Now 13 days
SEVENTH WAVE - Psi-Fi (1975) Janus PROG SYNTH PSYCH SPACE ROCK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Seventh Wave Psi-Fi UK vinyl LP album record GULP1010 GULL 1975 USD $21.81 Buy It Now 17 days
SEVENTH WAVE - Psi-fi ~ VINYL LP USD $20.31 Buy It Now 18 days
SEVENTH WAVE - PSI-FI - MINI LP CD + OBI USD $39.07 Buy It Now 18 days
SEVENTH WAVE - THINGS TO COME/PSI-FI * - NEW CD BOXSET USD $19.15 Buy It Now 19 days
SEVENTH WAVE PSI-FI LP 70's UK Psych / Prog Synth GULL USD $12.18 Buy It Now 19 days
SEVENTH WAVE psi-fi JXS-7021 usa janus LP PS EX-/VG+ deletion corner cut USD $18.75 Buy It Now 21 days
Seventh Wave - Psi-fi Janus Records JXS-7021 **SHRINK** VG++/NM 12" Record LP USD $11.99 Buy It Now 23 days
SEVENTH WAVE psi-fi GULP 1010 1W/1W 1st class uk gull 1975 LP PS VG/VG USD $15.31 Buy It Now 24 days
SEVENTH WAVE PSI-FI JANUS RECORDS JXS-7021 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Seventh Wave vinyl LP PSI-FI 1975 prog still with shrink & import stamps ex+ ex+ USD $23.44 Buy It Now 25 days
Seventh Wave - Psi-Fi LP 1975 Gull prog synth psych USD $10.95 Buy It Now 25 days
SEVENTH WAVE, PSI-FI, LP 1975 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX/VG GULP.1010 USD $11.71 Buy It Now 26 days
SEVENTH WAVE: Psi-Fi (JXS-7021) (Janus-1975-White Label Promo) VG+/g USD $15.00 Buy It Now 29 days
SEVENTH WAVE-Psi-Fi JAPAN 1st.Press Promo White Label w/OBI Pink Floyd Gong USD $39.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SEVENTH WAVE music online Buy SEVENTH WAVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SEVENTH WAVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SEVENTH WAVE Psi-fi ratings distribution

SEVENTH WAVE Psi-fi reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars I did not really know which album to choose for my 1,000th review. Thought of the great "Floyd" DVD "P.U.L.S.E" or Kansas's one "Device, Voice, Drum" or the wonderful triple DVD set from "The Who" which holds both live renditions of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" Or the latest live CD set from "The Doors" : "Live At Boston".

And while I was re-arranging my discography in accordance of the new genre distribution within the ex Art Rock, I saw that a band called "Seventh Wave" was integrated into Cross-Over genre. Since I couldn't really believe that it was the "Seventh Wave" I knew I did read their bio and I was confirmed in my surprise. Yes, it was the "Seventh Wave" from my (late) teenage days.

Since this album belongs to the ones that have influenced me a looooong time ago, I decided that this would be the one. Of course, I guess that no-one has ever heard of the band (except Micky who adds the band to PA and whom I thank very much for this). But I can't really tell how I came to buy this album somewhere in 76. Maybe a laudatory review in the fanzine "More" (which was the only one available in Belgium by then).

What I was going to discover was a totally new type of music. Of course, at times some "Floyd" or "ELP" influence can be noticed but most of the time this album sounds as a truely "Seventh Wave" one and nothing else. Be ready for a very special journey when you embark "Psy-FI" which could also be titled "Sci-Fi" for its intriguing cover featuring a kind a friendly extra-terrestrial creature. It has always attracted me. Can't really tell why !

This second album has no much things to do with their debut one. From a two-man band, the line-up will be joined by several musicians who will help to give more heart and sould to the work even if like for "Things To Come" Ken Elliott is doing all of the songwritting. Both Bob and Tony Elliott (probably his brothers but I am not sure of this).

The opening track shows the way "Seventh Wave" (or Ken Elliot who IS the band) has chosen to investigate. "Return to Foreverland" is an incredible mix of pop, and electronic music. Extremely catchy chorus. Strong beat and so unique vocals from Ken. Difficult to describe. I guess that the same applies than with David Surkamp ("Pavlov's Dog") : either you can stand and like them or you will just hate them. My choice (for both of them) is the former.

"Roads To Rome" has a very special mood. Almost decadent (like the ancient Rome maybe). Pompous as well (an aspect that the band already had shown in their debut album and which can relate them with ELP. But these elements will be too scarce to really say that it is a major influence). This decadent feeling is also probably due to Ken's vocals. He sounds as if he was coming out a Berlin cabaret before WWII which adds some apocalyptical or end of the world sound to this song. Bombastic keys are featured as well.

Hugh Banton (from Van Der Graaf Generator) holds the keys during "Manifestations". This song is similar in spirit to " Return to Foreverland" : crazy beat, gorgeous keys, great vocals (good backings as well). A very good pop and catchy song. A bit futuristic and harrowing. It sounds as a new-wave song and a band like "Magazine" must have listened to this song.

"Loved By You" is so funny, so parodic that I can not believe that the band was too serious about it. It is sung by Ken's brother (Rob) and is a mix of soul, soap opera as well as retro style (the fifties) music. Irresistable.

One of the best song from this album (but it is already the third one so far) is the long "Only the Beginning". Spacey intro, hypnotic and electronic beat, close to the funky moods. Again the high-pitched vocals work very efficiently. I guess that the band invented the electro-funk. Rich keyboards, lots of synth (there will two guests backing Ken with organ and piano). Backing vocals provides additional strenght as well. A great way to close the first side of the vinyl album.

After the short and pompous "Aether Anthem", we'll get back to the decadent mood again with "Astral Animal". Another efficient electronic funk tune. Weird vocals combined with ambient music provide such a great feeling!

One of my fave since the very first time I have been listening to this very good album is the intrumental "El Tooto". Spacey and dramatic atmosphere. Beautiful melody, fully keyboard oriented with nice but very much in the background percussion work. Another highlight.

"Camera Obscura" is also one of my fave. It is a piece of opera on its own. Orgy of synths of course, complex, mostly instrumental, psychedelic and spacey for the closing section. It leaves the casual listener probably lost or at least perplex. It needs several spins to be accepted.

After nine minutes, the song merges nicely into "Star Palace of the Sombre Warrior". This passage is the closest one to "Floyd". Fully space rock oriented. It is the most emotional one of all. Dark, bombastic and again this fabulous (to my ears) vocals from Ken. Another highlight (one more). I really like this song and the whole album is like an enchantment. Thanks to PA to have revived this band in my memory.

This is an highly creative album. Totally original and so different from anything you could think of. I had never heard such music before. And actually, I know of no other band that has produced anything close to this work later on. It is not easily approachable. But if ever you get hold of the CD version which holds both of their LP's do have a listen. Maybe you will be charmed as I have been over thirty years ago.

Thousand words for a thousandth review. Sorry about this. Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#148221) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Post a review of SEVENTH WAVE "Psi-fi"