WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK, AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1978

1. Space Truckin (4:31)
2. Kentucky Woman (4:44)
3. Hard Road (Wring That Neck) (5:11)
4. Burn (6:00)
5. Woman from Tokyo (5:30)
6. Hush (4:25)
7. Smoke on the Water - live version (6:27)
8. Highway Star - live version (6:47)

Search DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll lyrics

- Nick Simper / bass, backing vocals
- David Coverdale / lead vocals
- Glenn Hughes / bass & vocals

Warner Bros. PRK 3223

Thanks to Laurent for the addition
and to Snobb for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll Music

When We Rock We Rock When We Roll We RollWhen We Rock We Rock When We Roll We Roll
Warner Bros. 1990
When We Rock We Rock When We Roll We Roll by Deep Purple [Music CD]When We Rock We Rock When We Roll We Roll by Deep Purple [Music CD]
Warner Bros.
When We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll, We Roll - Japan import with OBIWhen We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll, We Roll - Japan import with OBI
Special Limited Edition · Import
Warner Pioneer
Vinyl$21.99
DEEP PURPLE - WHEN WE ROCK WE ROLL AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL - ORIGINAL LP USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $4.00 Buy It Now
Deep Purple?-When We Rock,We Rock And When We Roll,We Roll USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $7.00 Buy It Now
Deep Purple-When We Rock,We Rock And When We Roll,We Roll/ Warner Bros.-PRK 3223 USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $7.00 Buy It Now
DEEP PURPLE - WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL- 1978 USD $1.95 [0 bids]
Deep Purple When We Rock We Rock and When We Roll We Roll Very Good+ CD Burn +7 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DEEP PURPLE "NM WAX" When We Rock, We Rock and We Roll, We P-10559W USD $4.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE when we rock we rock and when we roll we roll LP Record 1978 VG USD $24.98 Buy It Now 3 days
DEEP PURPLE-WHEN WE ROCK,WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL,WE ROLL-JAPAN PROMO WL iii USD $99.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WHEN WE ROCK WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL WE ROLL BY DEEP PURPLE (CD, Oct-1988) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Deep Purple When We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll, We Roll Promo Copy USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
VINYL LP Deep Purple - Whe We Rock We Rock And When We Roll We Roll USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VINYL LP Deep Purple - Whe We Rock We Rock And When We Roll We Roll USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL CD USD $75.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DEEP PURPLE LP- WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL - NM! THE HITS! USD $8.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DEEP PURPLE - The Very Best Of + When We Rock We Rock And When We Roll MINT CD USD $13.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL CD MINI LP USD $13.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Deep Purple - When We Rock, We Rock And When We Roll, We Roll LP - Warner Bros. USD $4.95 Buy It Now 11 days
DEEP PURPLE - When We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll, We Roll LP (US Press) M- USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DEEP PURPLE / WHEN WE ROCK,WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL,WE ROLL JAPAN CD OOP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Deep Purple When We Rock We Rock And When We Roll We Roll Lp Record (VG/VG) USD $31.27 Buy It Now 11 days
Deep Purple - When We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll, We Roll - LP USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL LP RECORD VG+ USD $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL WE ROLL CASSETTE LIGHTLY USED USD $7.95 Buy It Now 12 days
DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock And When We Roll, We Roll PROMO Greatest Hits USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Deep Purple When We Rock, We Rock And When We Roll, We Roll (2842) Warner Bros. USD $28.52 Buy It Now 13 days
Deep Purple - When We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll, We Roll - LP USD $7.98 Buy It Now 13 days
DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock And When We Roll, We Roll CD Warner Bros 1978 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 13 days
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL WE ROLL VINYL LP WARNER BROS USD $8.98 Buy It Now 14 days
DEEP PURPLE-WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK, AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL USD $5.95 Buy It Now 14 days
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL CD MINI LP OBI USD $15.95 Buy It Now 15 days
DEEP PURPLE when we rock we rock and when we roll we roll PRK 3223 LP PS EX/EX USD $23.44 Buy It Now 16 days
DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock And When We Roll LP USD $22.28 Buy It Now 19 days
Deep Purple When we Rock we rock and when We Roll we roll Audio CD USD $4.60 Buy It Now 22 days
Deep Purple - When We Rock, We Rock And When We Roll, We Roll {PRK 3223} USD $7.00 Buy It Now 23 days
DEEP PURPLE/WHEN WE ROCK,WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL,WE ROLL/P-10559W/JAPAN LP ! USD $19.50 Buy It Now 27 days
DEEP PURPLE - When We Rock, We Rock and When We Roll, We Roll USD $6.00 Buy It Now 28 days
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL CD MINI LP OBI USD $14.84 Buy It Now 28 days
LP book of taliesyn ~ USD $17.25
LP new live & rare ~ USD $39.58
LP purpendicular ~ USD $26.68
LP shades of (record store day 2014 exclusive, limited) ~ USD $24.80
LP shades of deep purple ~ USD $17.25
LP shadows - a collection of rare early tracks (march 1968 - march 1969) ~ USD $23.45

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(20%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(10%)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll reviews

Review by Chicapah
3 stars Sometimes it's refreshing and rejuvenating for me to go far back in time when I would rely on music to inspire me and remind me that things weren't so bad after all. Being a child of the 60s who came of age during the early 70s I grew up in a world that was in absolute chaos on most every front so the groups and artists that helped me cope with so much hate and uncertainty will always be special to me. Deep Purple is one of the bands that kept me going when things got tough because they didn't seem to care much about politics or international detente at all. They just wanted to knock walls down with their sledgehammer music and let everyone else decide what to do with the resulting rubble. Even a cursory glance at Deep Purple's lengthy discography will reveal that there are hundreds of compilations of their studio work and live concert recordings to choose from so I'll admit up front that "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll" isn't anything to crow about in particular. What it is, however, is a fair exposition of how incredibly strong their presence was in the music industry from day one and how their influence permeated rock & roll immensely.

"Space Truckin'" is a gem from when the stars and planets aligned perfectly for the group and they at last realized their vast potential while making their historic "Machine Head" album. Tight and powerful, this song sizzles and pops like an egg in hot bacon grease. Of particular note is the highly underrated contribution of Ian Paice on the drums. In this day and age when most percussionists are encouraged to "keep it simple" it's invigorating to hear a stickman attack his tubs the way Ian does here. "Kentucky Woman" is next and I find its inclusion questionable except that it accentuates how the band garnered widespread interest in the late 60s by taking a lame Neil Diamond tune and rocking it so hard it sounded original. Jon Lord's Hammond wails like an angry Banshee. "Hard Road (Wring That Neck)" follows. It's another from their formative years but one that efficiently showcases their cohesiveness and undeniable blues roots. It's a hearty instrumental with no weak spots or filler segments to be found and it displays Ritchie Blackmore's unorthodox guitar playing style exquisitely. For those of us who'd grown used to Clapton, Beck, Hendrix and Page at the time his brittle, stinging motif and classical overtones were significantly different.

"Burn" is the aptly-titled cut that loudly announced to their legion of fans in 1974 that the departure of Ian Gillian and Roger Glover from the fold didn't signal a softening of their approach to their craft. Blackmore shreds like a madman and the Baroque-tinted instrumental movement is pure genius. It's one of my all-time favorite DP cuts. They surely could've found a better track than "Woman From Tokyo" to insert at this juncture but since it still gets so much airplay to this day I guess I must be the only one who doesn't care much for it. It's definitely the low point of the set, though. It's always felt forced and way too formulaic. "Hush" harkens back to when no one knew who they were. Their fiery cover of Joe South's minor hit was the first we Yanks had heard of this rebellious outfit from the UK and it got our attention immediately due in no small part to Lord's growling B3 organ. This collection ends with two live recordings, starting with the landmark "Smoke on the Water." Ritchie's guitar kills throughout this rendition and the band as a whole exhibits great energy and enthusiasm. "Highway Star" captures the raw power Deep Purple could generate night after night in their prime that was a wonder to behold if you were lucky enough to see them (like I was). Blackmore and Lord both shoot blazing bullets of electricity into the audience during their respective solos.

Compiled by staff members at Warner Brothers Records in 1978 in an attempt to sell some more records after the band had dispersed two years earlier, "WWRWR&WWRWR" still functions splendidly as a quick fix for those of us who need a little Purple to get our blood flowing and our mood brightened. The cover, while it has nothing whatsoever to do with the group's image or the album's moniker, is still an eye-catcher that deserved better than to be relegated to gracing a greatest hits package. Shusei Nogaoka did a great job on it. There's nothing out of the ordinary I can report to draw you to this disc over the others but I have to say I did feel better about civilization in general after listening to it. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1234795) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 04, 2014

3 stars A Very Descent attempt at a complation album. This has classics such as burn and Highway Star ut also includes tracks like kentucky women and Hard Road. As my first introduction into Deep Purple I found it very Good. A Fine Starting Point, so ill give it three stars. ... (read more)

Report this review (#165168) | Posted by Singe-fou | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll"