WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK, AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1978

1. Space Truckin (4:31)
2. Kentucky Woman (4:44)
3. Hard Road (Wring That Neck) (5:11)
4. Burn (6:00)
5. Woman from Tokyo (5:30)
6. Hush (4:25)
7. Smoke on the Water - live version (6:27)
8. Highway Star - live version (6:47)

Search DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll lyrics

- Nick Simper / bass, backing vocals
- David Coverdale / lead vocals
- Glenn Hughes / bass & vocals

Warner Bros. PRK 3223

Thanks to Laurent for the addition
and to Snobb for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll Music

Import · Remastered
EMI 1995
Machine HeadMachine Head
Rhino Flashback 2011
Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'
Imports 2014
Made in JapanMade in Japan
Warner Off Roster 1990
BurnBurn
Rhino 2005
Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)Deep Purple: Concerto for Group and Orchestra (2-CD Set)
Import · Remastered
EMI Import 2002
Knocking at Your Back Door: Best of 80's, Deep Purple, Very Good US $3.50 Buy It Now 54m 56s
Made in Japan by Deep Purple (Rock) (CD, Sep-1988, Deep Purple (Rock)BRAND NEW!! US $4.99 [0 bids]
55m 19s
Deep Purple-Now What ?! (Deluxe Edition)-CD + DVD -Brand New-Still Sealed US $17.55 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Deep Purple - Total Abandon - Australia '99 NEW CD US $11.70 Buy It Now 1h 18m
DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock When We Roll.. LP VG+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
DEEP PURPLE Book of Taliesyn LP Tetragrammaton 1968 EX US $20.39 Buy It Now 1h 37m
DEEP PURPLE Purple Passages dbl LP EX US $18.05 Buy It Now 1h 37m
DEEP PURPLE Shades of Deep Purple LP 1968 Tetragrammaton VG+ Hush US $19.89 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Book of Taliesyn by Deep Purple (CD, May-2006, Creative Sounds) US $2.99 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE The Book Of Taliesyn Harvest gatefold lp U.K. prog hard rock 1968 US $18.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Fireball CD NEW US $9.52 Buy It Now 1h 46m
DEEP PURPLE IN ROCK SHVL777 EMI HARVEST LP US $16.07 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Perfect Strangers Live 2CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
GILLAN 7" VINYL P/S TROUBLE / YOUR SISTER'S ON MY LIST VS 377 DEEP PURPLE EX US $7.64 Buy It Now 2h
DIO We Rock 12" LP Heavy Metal VERTIGO Deep Purple Black Sabbath Elf Live Import US $4.99 [0 bids]
AN DEEP PURPLE-MADE IN JAPAN NEW Black 1 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
AN DEEP PURPLE-MADE IN JAPAN NEW Black 2 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
AN DEEP PURPLE-MADE IN JAPAN NEW Black 3 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
AN DEEP PURPLE-MADE IN JAPAN NEW Black 4 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
DEEP PURPLE Untitled 3rd lp 1969 Germany Harvest gatefold U.K. prog hard rock US $19.99 [0 bids]
Aldo Nova on Kerrang No: 17 Magazine Cover 1982 Deep Purple Heart Queen US $16.07 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Alex Lifeson of Rush on Kerrang No: 158 Cover 1987 Deep Purple Marillion US $12.06 Buy It Now 2h 24m
DEEP PURPLE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT LP POLYDOR UK A1 B1 MATRIX 1987 LP US $14.46 Buy It Now 2h 54m
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL, 2010 USA REMASTERED 180G vinyl LP, NEW - SEALED! US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
DEEP PURPLE - SLAVES AND MASTERS, 2012 EU 180G vinyl LP, NEW - SEALED! US $37.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
DEEP PURPLE LIVE IN CONCERT JAPAN US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
LP - GERMANY PRESS - DEEP PURPLE (BURN) - 1974 - PURPLE 062 94 837 US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
DEEP PURPLE BANANAS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
DEEP PURPLE Purple Passages '72 2LP ORIG US GREEN label press IAN GILLAN GATEFOL US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE Made In Europe '76 LP ORIGINAL US press IAN GILLAN US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE Perfect Stranger '84 LP ORIGINAL US press IAN GILLAN US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE Come Taste The Band '75 ORIG US pr COVERDALE WHITESNAKE NMint US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
RAINBOW Straight + Bent 2LP lot LYNN TURNER ex-DEEP PURPLE R. BLACKMORE GLOVER US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE Who Do We Think We Are! '73 LP GILLAN ORIG GREEN label US pr GATEFOL US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE The House Of The Blue Light '87 LP ORIG US press IAN GILLAN MINT- !! US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE When We Rock We Roll '78 LP ORIGINAL US press US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE Shades Of Deep Purple '68 ORIGINAL US SILVER label press US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
RAINBOW Straight + Jealous 2Lp lot JOE LYNN TURNER ex-DEEP PURPLE BLACKMORE NMin US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE Best Of '72 LP ORIGINAL US Scepter SILVER press IAN GILLAN NMint US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE 24 Carat Purple '75 LP ORIGINAL UK PINK !!! label press IAN GILLAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE Last Concert In Japan LP ORIGINAL PINK label US press COVERDALE US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
DEEP PURPLE - THE BOOK OF TALIESYN, 2006 USA COLOURED vinyl LP, NEW - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DEEP PURPLE - S/T Orig ISRAELI LP silver/black Harvest label US $27.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
JON LORD Celebrating The Composer CD 2014 NEW & SEALED Deep Purple US $17.61 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Deep Purple-in rock.lp original US $112.57 Buy It Now 3h 22m
"VOX PHONE BOX" Mag promo cassette. Bowie, Duran, Dexys, Deep Purple etc. US $3.20 [0 bids]
CELEBRATING JON LORD ( Deep Purple Rick Wakeman Iron Maiden ) 2 CD DIGIPACK US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
DEEP PURPLE - In Rock - LP 1970 - BUDGIE, WARHORSE, BLACK SABBATH, URIAH HEEP !! US $45.01 Buy It Now 3h 33m
LP- Erroll Garner- Deep Purple- Pickwick- in shrink wrap US $3.50 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Lady Double Dealer c/w You Can't Do It Right 7" JAPAN 45 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Deep Purple - Fireball c/w Anyone's Daughter 7" JAPAN 45 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Deep Purple - Call Of The Wild c/w Dead Or Alive 7" JAPAN WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Deep Purple - Black Night c/w Into The Fire 7" JAPAN 45 Green Label US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Deep Purple - Burn c/w Might Just Take Your Life 7" JAPAN 45 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Deep Purple - Black Night c/w Into The Fire 7" JAPAN 45 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(27%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(9%)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll reviews

Review by Chicapah
3 stars Sometimes it's refreshing and rejuvenating for me to go far back in time when I would rely on music to inspire me and remind me that things weren't so bad after all. Being a child of the 60s who came of age during the early 70s I grew up in a world that was in absolute chaos on most every front so the groups and artists that helped me cope with so much hate and uncertainty will always be special to me. Deep Purple is one of the bands that kept me going when things got tough because they didn't seem to care much about politics or international detente at all. They just wanted to knock walls down with their sledgehammer music and let everyone else decide what to do with the resulting rubble. Even a cursory glance at Deep Purple's lengthy discography will reveal that there are hundreds of compilations of their studio work and live concert recordings to choose from so I'll admit up front that "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll" isn't anything to crow about in particular. What it is, however, is a fair exposition of how incredibly strong their presence was in the music industry from day one and how their influence permeated rock & roll immensely.

"Space Truckin'" is a gem from when the stars and planets aligned perfectly for the group and they at last realized their vast potential while making their historic "Machine Head" album. Tight and powerful, this song sizzles and pops like an egg in hot bacon grease. Of particular note is the highly underrated contribution of Ian Paice on the drums. In this day and age when most percussionists are encouraged to "keep it simple" it's invigorating to hear a stickman attack his tubs the way Ian does here. "Kentucky Woman" is next and I find its inclusion questionable except that it accentuates how the band garnered widespread interest in the late 60s by taking a lame Neil Diamond tune and rocking it so hard it sounded original. Jon Lord's Hammond wails like an angry Banshee. "Hard Road (Wring That Neck)" follows. It's another from their formative years but one that efficiently showcases their cohesiveness and undeniable blues roots. It's a hearty instrumental with no weak spots or filler segments to be found and it displays Ritchie Blackmore's unorthodox guitar playing style exquisitely. For those of us who'd grown used to Clapton, Beck, Hendrix and Page at the time his brittle, stinging motif and classical overtones were significantly different.

"Burn" is the aptly-titled cut that loudly announced to their legion of fans in 1974 that the departure of Ian Gillian and Roger Glover from the fold didn't signal a softening of their approach to their craft. Blackmore shreds like a madman and the Baroque-tinted instrumental movement is pure genius. It's one of my all-time favorite DP cuts. They surely could've found a better track than "Woman From Tokyo" to insert at this juncture but since it still gets so much airplay to this day I guess I must be the only one who doesn't care much for it. It's definitely the low point of the set, though. It's always felt forced and way too formulaic. "Hush" harkens back to when no one knew who they were. Their fiery cover of Joe South's minor hit was the first we Yanks had heard of this rebellious outfit from the UK and it got our attention immediately due in no small part to Lord's growling B3 organ. This collection ends with two live recordings, starting with the landmark "Smoke on the Water." Ritchie's guitar kills throughout this rendition and the band as a whole exhibits great energy and enthusiasm. "Highway Star" captures the raw power Deep Purple could generate night after night in their prime that was a wonder to behold if you were lucky enough to see them (like I was). Blackmore and Lord both shoot blazing bullets of electricity into the audience during their respective solos.

Compiled by staff members at Warner Brothers Records in 1978 in an attempt to sell some more records after the band had dispersed two years earlier, "WWRWR&WWRWR" still functions splendidly as a quick fix for those of us who need a little Purple to get our blood flowing and our mood brightened. The cover, while it has nothing whatsoever to do with the group's image or the album's moniker, is still an eye-catcher that deserved better than to be relegated to gracing a greatest hits package. Shusei Nogaoka did a great job on it. There's nothing out of the ordinary I can report to draw you to this disc over the others but I have to say I did feel better about civilization in general after listening to it. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1234795) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 04, 2014

3 stars A Very Descent attempt at a complation album. This has classics such as burn and Highway Star ut also includes tracks like kentucky women and Hard Road. As my first introduction into Deep Purple I found it very Good. A Fine Starting Point, so ill give it three stars. ... (read more)

Report this review (#165168) | Posted by Singe-fou | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll"