WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK, AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1978

1. Space Truckin (4:31)
2. Kentucky Woman (4:44)
3. Hard Road (Wring That Neck) (5:11)
4. Burn (6:00)
5. Woman from Tokyo (5:30)
6. Hush (4:25)
7. Smoke on the Water - live version (6:27)
8. Highway Star - live version (6:47)

Search DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll lyrics

- Nick Simper / bass, backing vocals
- David Coverdale / lead vocals
- Glenn Hughes / bass & vocals

Warner Bros. PRK 3223

Thanks to Laurent for the addition
and to Snobb for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll Music

Rhino Flashback 2011
Perfect StrangersPerfect Strangers
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mercury 1999
RAINBOW Long Live '78 pre-DIO ex-DEEP PURPLE COZY POWELL ORIG US Pr MATTE cover US $11.99 [0 bids]
43m
WHITESNAKE 1987 LP US HAIR metal ORIGINAL US 1st press COVERDALE ex-DEEP PURPLE US $14.99 [0 bids]
43m
TOP RaRe Import DEEP PURPLE Powerhouse Unique Cvr 1978 Demo Cassette Paper Lbls US $34.99 Buy It Now 52m 36s
Hard Rock Lot #1 - 9 LP's Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen, Nugent US $31.00 [6 bids]
1h
Radio Show: FLASHBACK! 9/13/04 WHO, ELO, QUEEN, GREG KIHN, DEEP PURPLE, CREAM US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Deep Purple: Scandinavian Nights (Japan mini-LP CD) US $44.54 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Deepest Purple 1991 JAPAN WPCP-4545 with OBI US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
DEEP PURPLE MACHINE HEAD EXCELLENT CONDITION ROCK VINYL RECORD ALBUM US $3.99 [1 bids]
deep purple who do we think we are record US $1.99 [0 bids]
Roger Glover Elements LP 1978 US pressing Deep Purple US $14.97 Buy It Now 1h 18m
DEEP PURPLE, IN ROCK.1970 WS-1877. THIS IS LP ONLY! "G" US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
DEEP PURPLE, SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE. 1968 T-102. VG/NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
DEEP PURPLE, CONCERTO FOR GROUP & ORCHESTRA. 1970 WS-1860. VG/VG US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Take It:Sessions '63-'68 [Gold Disc]/Ritchie Blackmore /Deep Purple/Rainbow/new US $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
JLT/Joe Lynn TurnerRainbow/Deep Purple/Malmsteen.new cd US $11.45 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Coverdale Page CD Shake My Tree Pride & Joy Led Zeppelin Deep Purple Whitesnake US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Deep Purple "Purple Passages" Warner Brothers 2 LPs 1972, White Label Promo Copy US $18.95 [0 bids]
The Battle Rages On by Deep Purple (CD, Jul-1993, Giant (USA)) US $6.90 Buy It Now 1h 25m
DEEP PURPLE THE FRIENDS & RELATIVES ALBUM 2 CD SET NEW US $11.41 Buy It Now 1h 26m
DEEP PURPLE: 30: Very Best Of: CD NEW US $13.17 Buy It Now 1h 26m
DEEP PURPLE "Deepest Purple: The Very Best of Deep Purple" (CD 1989 Warner Bros) US $13.95 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Deep Purple "Fireball" US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Deep Purple in Rock by Deep Purple 2009 Audio Fidelity Gold CD Limited #1341 HTF US $54.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Deep Purple in Concert, 70/72, 2-CD (Japan) US $25.99 [0 bids]
(DEEP PURPLE -Made in Japan: Live)-true institution of hard rock-F4-2xLP US $26.42 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Deep Purple - When We Rock We Rock and When We Roll We Roll - LP US $6.99 [0 bids]
Cassettes Mixed Lot Rock Classic Rock Deep Purple Eric Clapton scorpions Roxy US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
(RAINBOW -On Stage)-Deep Purple guitarist Ritchie Blackmore-F4-2xLP US $26.42 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Errol Garner "Deep Purple" LP Record Album US $0.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - 1990-1996 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $33.34 Buy It Now 3h 37m
FUNKY JUNCTION - PLAY A TRIBUTE TO DEEP PURPLE (REISSUE) NEW CD US $23.24 Buy It Now 3h 38m
= DEEP PURPLE, Progression CD excellent condition US $3.87 Buy It Now 4h 2m
DEEP PURPLE japan mail order only '76 LP sony family club unique edit POKORA6001 US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Deep Purple In Rock - Anniversary Edition Dutch CD album (CDLP) 834019.2 1995 US $34.78 Buy It Now 4h 13m
DEEP PURPLE BURN W 2766 VINYL LP 1974 ORIG PRESS PLAYS GREAT COVERDALE VG++/VG!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
PROMO WITH TOUR TICKET / DEEP PURPLE LAST CONCERT / WITH OBI US $349.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE-Come Hell or High Water DVD-Region Free-PAL-Brand New-Still Sealed US $13.17 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Deep Purple "In Rock" 1970 Vinyl 12" Record Hard Rock US $0.99 [1 bids]
Rainbow - Finyl Vinyl CD 1986 West Germany 827 987-2 Deep Purple US $11.28 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Rainbow - Straight Between The Eyes CD Deep Purple German pressing 521 709-2 US $8.05 Buy It Now 4h 41m
DEEP PURPLE / ALICE COOPER - Milton Keynes - 2006 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.26 Buy It Now 5h 3m
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball CD MINI LP OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 5h 7m
DEEP PURPLE Who Do We Think We Are 1973 LP BS 2678 EX US $10.95 Buy It Now 5h 24m
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - CD - NEW - US $14.07 Buy It Now 5h 39m
DEEP PURPLE-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.82 Buy It Now 6h 12m
DEEP PURPLE 2013 AUS Tour Poster HUGE 100x140 lp cd dvd aerosmith acdc priest US $8.81 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - 3 CD US $53.34 Buy It Now 6h 38m
IAN GILLAN (Deep Purple) 2006 AUS Tour Poster HUGE 102x142 black sabbath dio ufo US $8.81 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "Stormbringer-Love don't mean.." RARE 7" PROMO ITALY for JUKE BOX US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
EARTH SHAKING ROCK - NAZARETH, ASIA, URIAH HEEP, RICK WAKEMAN, DEEP PURPLE US $0.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "Might just take your life" -RARE ITALIAN HOLECOVER 7"PROMO for JB US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
DEEP PURPLE "BLACK NIGHT" ORIGINAL 1970 SHEET MUSIC, US $13.17 [0 bids]
DIO/DEEP PURPLE LP COVERS- Sacred Heart/Stormbringer,Ideal for framing,replacing US $9.66 Buy It Now 7h 43m
DEEP PURPLE - MADE IN JAPAN BLACK NIGHT (LIVE VERSION) 7" 2014 RSD NEW MINT US $20.96 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Deep Purple - Abandon (1998) RARE CD ALBUM US $16.13 Buy It Now 7h 54m
PURPLE RAINBOWS-16 TRACK CD-1991-DEEP PURPLE-WHITESNAKE-DIO-RAINBOW-G.BONNETT US $11.01 Buy It Now 8h 14m
DEEP PURPLE US LP Machine Head w/ Lyrics Poster Insert US $29.77 Buy It Now 8h 17m
DEEP PURPLE "Smoke On The Water" 7" RARE (Dutch Press) EX/VG+ Live PS Gillan US $17.82 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "HUSH" MONSTER ROCK SOUND LISTEN! US $11.28 Buy It Now 8h 23m
The Battle Rages On... by Deep Purple (CD, Jul-1993, Giant (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Perfect Strangers [Remaster] by Deep Purple (CD, Jun-1999, Mercury) US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 34m
DEEP PURPLE: Made In Japan (2WS 2701) (Warner Bros.-1973) VG+/VG+ US $8.75 Buy It Now 8h 36m
Made in Japan by Deep Purple (Rock) (CD, Sep-1988, Deep Purple (Rock)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 37m
DEEP PURPLE - 1990-1996 - NEW CD US $25.58 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Deep Purple Battle rages on Japan 1993 CD /obi BVCP-650 US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 38m
DEEP PURPLE - IN CONCERT 1970/1972 - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.37 Buy It Now 8h 52m
Deep Purple, Boston, Kingdom Come, Mr Big - Lot of 4 rock cassette tapes US $0.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE ~'Love Conquers All"~UK Ltd Ed RCA 12" 1990+POSTER+'24 CARAT PURPLE' US $32.25 Buy It Now 9h 18m
DEEP PURPLE SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING CD SINGLE WITHDRAWN ISSUE (EDIT AND US $9.68 Buy It Now 9h 22m
DEEP PURPLE THE UNIVERSAL MASTERS COLLECTION BEST CD Obi Japan RARE UICY-9913 US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
DEEP PURPLE - Slaves & Masters (remastered) - 180 gram vinyl LP US $27.99 Buy It Now 9h 27m
DEEP PURPLE 30 VERY BEST OF SEALED CD NEW GREATEST HITS US $3.77 Buy It Now 9h 37m
DEEP PURPLE SATIN TYPE CONCERT SCARF, VINTAGE US $11.28 Buy It Now 9h 46m
DEEP PURPLE HUSH TWELVE INCH SINGLE LTD EDITION GATEFOLD SLEEVE MINT CONDITION US $24.18 Buy It Now 9h 47m
DEEP PURPLE BLACK NIGHT/SKOW TWELVE INCH PS SINGLE MINT CONDITION US $24.18 Buy It Now 9h 47m
DEEP PURPLE BLACK NIGHT TWELVE INCH SINGLE MINT CONDITION US $24.18 Buy It Now 9h 47m
DEEP PURPLE FIREBALL TWELVE INCH SINGLE MINT CONDITION US $24.18 Buy It Now 9h 47m
DEEP PURPLE KING OF DREAMS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $12.89 Buy It Now 9h 47m
DEEP PURPLE BLACK NIGHT ANNIVERSARY EDITION TWELVE INCH PS SINGLE PURPLE VINYL US $24.18 Buy It Now 9h 47m
DEEP PURPLE COME TASTE THE BAND ITALIAN VINYL ISSUE US $14.50 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE STORMBRINGER AMERICAN VINYL ISSUE US $8.05 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE IN CONCERT SWEDISH DOUBLE VINYL ISSUE US $29.02 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE AND THE ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA CANADIAN TEXTURED SLEEVE US $16.12 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT RUSSIAN VINYL US $11.28 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE VINYL ALBUM A-1U/B-1U MATRIX US $32.25 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE POWERHOUSE GERMAN VINYL US $11.28 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN SPANISH VINYL ISSUE US $20.96 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE POWERHOUSE SWEDISH VINYL ISSUE US $16.12 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE POWERHOUSE FRENCH VINYL ISSUE US $11.28 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT CZECH VINYL US $11.28 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE LAST CONCERT IN JAPAN DUTCH VINYL ISSUE US $14.50 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE STORMBRINGER RUSSIAN SINGLE SLEEVE US $11.28 Buy It Now 9h 48m
DEEP PURPLE PERFECT STRANGERS YUGOSLAVIAN VINYL ISSUE US $12.89 Buy It Now 9h 49m
DEEP PURPLE FIREBALL 1971 HARVEST GATEFOLD TEXT SLEEVE LP*NEAR MINT VINYL EX SLV US $64.45 Buy It Now 9h 55m
MURASAKI Free/Do What You Want JAPAN 12" 1976 Japanese Heavy Metal Deep Purple US $10.80 Buy It Now 10h 7m
DEEP PURPLE * SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE * VERY RARE INDIA PRESSING LP* VG+/EX US $24.20 [0 bids]
DONNY & MARIE OSMOND- original 1975 45- Deep purple US $7.50 Buy It Now 10h 19m
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - JAPAN HYBRID SACD - WPCR-14166 - NEW CD US $42.37 [0 bids]
Deep Purple : Burn [30th Anniversary Edition] CD (2004) US $12.26 Buy It Now 10h 21m
DEEP PURPLE Live In Japan JAPAN CASSETTE w/Insert NO PIC SLEEVE YMA1004W Apollon US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 23m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(27%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(9%)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll reviews

Review by Chicapah
3 stars Sometimes it's refreshing and rejuvenating for me to go far back in time when I would rely on music to inspire me and remind me that things weren't so bad after all. Being a child of the 60s who came of age during the early 70s I grew up in a world that was in absolute chaos on most every front so the groups and artists that helped me cope with so much hate and uncertainty will always be special to me. Deep Purple is one of the bands that kept me going when things got tough because they didn't seem to care much about politics or international detente at all. They just wanted to knock walls down with their sledgehammer music and let everyone else decide what to do with the resulting rubble. Even a cursory glance at Deep Purple's lengthy discography will reveal that there are hundreds of compilations of their studio work and live concert recordings to choose from so I'll admit up front that "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll" isn't anything to crow about in particular. What it is, however, is a fair exposition of how incredibly strong their presence was in the music industry from day one and how their influence permeated rock & roll immensely.

"Space Truckin'" is a gem from when the stars and planets aligned perfectly for the group and they at last realized their vast potential while making their historic "Machine Head" album. Tight and powerful, this song sizzles and pops like an egg in hot bacon grease. Of particular note is the highly underrated contribution of Ian Paice on the drums. In this day and age when most percussionists are encouraged to "keep it simple" it's invigorating to hear a stickman attack his tubs the way Ian does here. "Kentucky Woman" is next and I find its inclusion questionable except that it accentuates how the band garnered widespread interest in the late 60s by taking a lame Neil Diamond tune and rocking it so hard it sounded original. Jon Lord's Hammond wails like an angry Banshee. "Hard Road (Wring That Neck)" follows. It's another from their formative years but one that efficiently showcases their cohesiveness and undeniable blues roots. It's a hearty instrumental with no weak spots or filler segments to be found and it displays Ritchie Blackmore's unorthodox guitar playing style exquisitely. For those of us who'd grown used to Clapton, Beck, Hendrix and Page at the time his brittle, stinging motif and classical overtones were significantly different.

"Burn" is the aptly-titled cut that loudly announced to their legion of fans in 1974 that the departure of Ian Gillian and Roger Glover from the fold didn't signal a softening of their approach to their craft. Blackmore shreds like a madman and the Baroque-tinted instrumental movement is pure genius. It's one of my all-time favorite DP cuts. They surely could've found a better track than "Woman From Tokyo" to insert at this juncture but since it still gets so much airplay to this day I guess I must be the only one who doesn't care much for it. It's definitely the low point of the set, though. It's always felt forced and way too formulaic. "Hush" harkens back to when no one knew who they were. Their fiery cover of Joe South's minor hit was the first we Yanks had heard of this rebellious outfit from the UK and it got our attention immediately due in no small part to Lord's growling B3 organ. This collection ends with two live recordings, starting with the landmark "Smoke on the Water." Ritchie's guitar kills throughout this rendition and the band as a whole exhibits great energy and enthusiasm. "Highway Star" captures the raw power Deep Purple could generate night after night in their prime that was a wonder to behold if you were lucky enough to see them (like I was). Blackmore and Lord both shoot blazing bullets of electricity into the audience during their respective solos.

Compiled by staff members at Warner Brothers Records in 1978 in an attempt to sell some more records after the band had dispersed two years earlier, "WWRWR&WWRWR" still functions splendidly as a quick fix for those of us who need a little Purple to get our blood flowing and our mood brightened. The cover, while it has nothing whatsoever to do with the group's image or the album's moniker, is still an eye-catcher that deserved better than to be relegated to gracing a greatest hits package. Shusei Nogaoka did a great job on it. There's nothing out of the ordinary I can report to draw you to this disc over the others but I have to say I did feel better about civilization in general after listening to it. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1234795) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 04, 2014

3 stars A Very Descent attempt at a complation album. This has classics such as burn and Highway Star ut also includes tracks like kentucky women and Hard Road. As my first introduction into Deep Purple I found it very Good. A Fine Starting Point, so ill give it three stars. ... (read more)

Report this review (#165168) | Posted by Singe-fou | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll"