WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK, AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1978

1. Space Truckin (4:31)
2. Kentucky Woman (4:44)
3. Hard Road (Wring That Neck) (5:11)
4. Burn (6:00)
5. Woman from Tokyo (5:30)
6. Hush (4:25)
7. Smoke on the Water - live version (6:27)
8. Highway Star - live version (6:47)

Search DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll lyrics

- Nick Simper / bass, backing vocals
- David Coverdale / lead vocals
- Glenn Hughes / bass & vocals

Warner Bros. PRK 3223

Thanks to Laurent for the addition
and to Snobb for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll Music

Made in JapanMade in Japan
Warner Bros / Wea 1990
BurnBurn
Rhino 2005
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'Hard Road: The Mark 1 Studio Recordings '1968-69'
Imports 2014
DEEP PURPLE 3 CD LOT COLLECTION US $10.00 Buy It Now 30m 55s
Purpendicular by Deep Purple (CD, Dec-1996, CMC International) US $6.49 [0 bids]
37m 42s
Live and Heavy LP NM- NEL6020 1981 shrink UK Deep Purple Motorhead Black Sabbath US $14.99 Buy It Now 41m 35s
DEEP PURPLE - GEMINI SUITE LIVE - NEW US $18.26 Buy It Now 47m 16s
DEEP PURPLE & FRIENDS - PURPLE AND OTHER COLOURS US $14.94 Buy It Now 50m 11s
Deep Purple 45 Hush / One More Rainy Day 1968 Tetragrammaton Vinyl Record US $9.49 Buy It Now 57m 22s
Deep Purple - Machine Head - UK LP - Original 1972 Release - 1st Press [B] US $38.21 [6 bids]
57m 34s
DEEP PURPLE "ABOVE AND BEYOND" 2013 RARE 4 TRACKS CD EP WITH 2 RARE LIVE SONGS* US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h
Machine Head by Deep Purple (CD, Oct-1990, Warner Bros.) US $2.95 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Shades of DEEP PURPLE - rare 1968 MAYLAYSIA 12" Vinyl LP Parlophone US $64.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Dio Evilution Rainbow Deep Purple 2 Track Edit Version Promo CD Single Near Mint US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Deep Purple In Rock Vinyl Picture Disc Record Album ~ With Poster~ Rare! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - In Rock - LP Vinyl Record [A-2/B-1 Matrix] US $31.56 Buy It Now 1h 9m
LOT of 8 PSYCH ROCK LPS ALLMAN DEEP PURPLE SMITH CROW CRYAN SHAMES HONK US $24.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 - Deep Purple - Hush - 1968 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple-The Book Of Taliesyn LP 1968 VG+ Condition US $3.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - The Battle Rages On (CD 1993) 24HR POST US $14.11 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Original 1971 Deep Purple Machine Head Album LP Vinyl Record Warner Brothers US $135.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers [CD New] US $5.30 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Deep Purple, Come Taste the Band Audio CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
DEEP PURPLE-Machine Head (40th Anniversary)-CD-EMI Australian Mini LP issue-New US $26.03 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Russian NAVY SUBMARINE MAPS Lp DEEP PURPLE Antrop Rec. RUSSIA North Sea NORWAY US $149.90 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Deep Purple - 'In Concert' UK Harvest 2LP SHSP4122! US $9.46 [10 bids]
In Concert 1972 [2012 Mix] by Deep Purple (Rock) (CD, Jun-2014, Rhino (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Record 7" 45 Rpm Fireball / Demon's Eye Single HAR 5045 UK 1971 US $4.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Deepest Purple (The Very Best Of Deep Purple) - CD Album US $4.97 Buy It Now 1h 38m
DEEP PURPLE slaves and masters CD 1990 VG PROMO US $27.50 Buy It Now 1h 39m
"Deep Purple In Concert"/ VG+,MT- US $13.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple AUSTRALIAN TOUR 2001 Hand Numbered 247/999 NEW GIG POSTER US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
DEEP PURPLE. Now What?! / Live At Montreux 2013 (CD+DVD Digipak) +USA SELLER+ US $13.95 Buy It Now 1h 52m
DEEP PURPLE-IN ROCK-A2 B1-EMI VG ++SHVL 777 GREEN HARVEST LABEL GATEFOLD USED LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Deep Purple - Live at Montreux 1996 (2006) NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $3.67 Buy It Now 2h
DEEP PURPLE Black Night 12" Vinyl Single EMI Harvest 12HAR5178 1970 US $16.60 Buy It Now 2h 7m
DEEP PURPLE WHEN WE ROCK WE ROCK AND WHEN WE ROLL WE ROLL VINYL LP WARNER BROS US $8.98 Buy It Now 2h 12m
vintage David Rose & Orchestra 'Deep Purple' (Metro, Vinyl, LP) record US $0.99 [0 bids]
1973 Deep Purple Made In Japan 2 LPs Warner Palms Labels 2WS-2701 VG++ Tested US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
DEEP PURPLE FIREBALL RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS 1971 EX/EX US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Slaves & Masters by Deep Purple US $1.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Shades of Deep Purple T-102 vinyl LP 1968 Tetragammaton records; shiny LP US $24.95 Buy It Now 2h 29m
MOJO - HEAVY MOD - SMALL FACES- DEEP PURPLE- THE YARDBIRDS- THE MOVE-CD US $1.36 [2 bids]
GILLAN Glory Road UK VIRGIN 2LP Deep Purple US $17.95 Buy It Now 2h 44m
GILLAN -DOUBLE TROUBLE-----DEEP PURPLE'S DAVID GILLAN---UK PRESS---NEAR MINT US $11.80 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Deep Purple Machine Head Warner Bros BS2607 Stereo Vinyl Record LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
DEEP PURPLE / THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHTS POLYGRAM RECORDS INC PRINTED IN USA US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Deep Purple~Self-Titled~ Vinyl LP Record Tetragrammaton T-119 Shrink Wrap US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Deep Purple ~"Shades of Deep Purple"~lp vinyl record Tetragrammaton T-102 US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h
SIX ROCK 8 TRACKS / SEGER / DEEP PURPLE / THIN LIZZY / JOHN / GEILS / JOEL US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 3m
FEEL THE BUZZ-Iron ButterFly-GRATEFUL DEAD-Deep Purple-LOVE-Vanilla Fudge-ROCK US $8.49 Buy It Now 3h 11m
ROGER GLOVER : ELEMENTS (DEEP PURPLE) (6137) - RARITIES US $16.49 [0 bids]
Deep Purple, Rapture of the Deep Special Edition Audio CD US $35.39 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Deep Purple on Tetragrammaton 1508 - Kentucky Woman / Hard Road US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
THE WHO JOIN TOGETHER 3 RECORD BOX SET W BOOKLET LED ZEPPELIN DEEP PURPLE KISS US $28.50 [0 bids]
CD: Deep Purple: Vol. 2-Extended Versions - Deep Purple - Sealed US $10.45 Buy It Now 3h 36m
TOMMY BOLIN - WhirlWind Super Deluxe Box Set (Deep Purple & James Gang ) US $44.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Prog Rock Jazz Fusion Stoner Vinyl Record Lot Yes The Police Deep Purple I Robot US $14.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE "Machine Head" LP 2003 Rhino HQ 180 Gram Vinyl album New Sealed US $23.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
DEEP PURPLE - DEEP PURPLE 12" VINYL SOUTH KOREA RELEASE #TDK-311 STILL SEALED US $12.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE BURN NEW CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 3h 53m
DEEP PURPLE FIREBALL NEW CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 3h 53m
DEEP PURPLE SLAVES AND MASTERS NEW CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 3h 54m
DEEP PURPLE THE BATTLE RAGES ON. NEW CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 3h 54m
DEEP PURPLE THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT NEW CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Deep purple some kind of purple US $20.00 [0 bids]
IAN GILLAN ROGER GLOVER LP RECORD *ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE*deep purple NM US $4.99 [0 bids]
Plays Deep Purple/Deepest Purple JAPAN CD OBI D749 US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
ROCK 45 - DEEP PURPLE - LISTEN LEARN READ ON / RIVER DEEP MOUNTAIN HIGH VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Deep Purple COME TASTE THE BAND 1975 LP Warner Brothers PR-2895 Gatefold US US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 26m
DEEP PURPLE Last Concert In Japan JAPAN CASSETTE w/PS+Insert YSA-1229W Apollon US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Deep Purple 'Stockholm 1970' (New CD/DVD) US $26.57 Buy It Now 4h 35m
IAN GILLAN THE GILLAN TAPES VOL 3 - CD ( DEEP PURPLE ) US $8.49 Buy It Now 4h 39m
DEEP PURPLE FIREBALL JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW WPCR-13111 US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
DEEP PURPLE LAST CONCERT IN JAPAN purple 78 Lp ex US $16.60 Buy It Now 4h 44m
DEEP PURPLE VERY RARE 2 LP 2LP MADE IN JAPAN 1972 1ST PURPLE PRESSING GERMAN US $17.00 [0 bids]
Flashback Rock Classics The 70's Pink Floyd Cars Kansas Foreigner Deep Purple CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Machine Head 8 track tape 1972 WB Original Smoke On The Water US $7.00 [0 bids]
Made in Japan [The Remastered Edition] by Deep Purple (CD, Nov-1998, 2 Discs,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE DEEP PURPLE VINYL PURPLE COLORED LP SEALED NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
DEEP PURPLE BOOK OF TALIESYN PURPLE COLORED VINYL LP SEALED BRAND NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
RAINBOW / BENT OUT OF SHAPE - Japan w/obi Deep purple Minty US $19.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN Promo 2 LP set one white label other standard iss RARE US $9.99 [1 bids]
Deep Purple: Burn LP Original 1974 Warner Bros W 2766 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Paula Lammers - Deep Purple Dreams [CD New] US $12.30 Buy It Now 6h 19m
DEEP PURPLE AND OTHERS: Deep Purple And Split Groups LP (Germany, Deep Purple l US $75.00 Buy It Now 6h 36m
WHITESNAKE 1987 VINYL David Coverdale & Neil Murray Deep Purple Autograph SIGNED US $249.99 Buy It Now 6h 38m
DEEP PURPLE Stormbringer P-6510W NM! Japan OBI EB645 US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
(#773) DEEP PURPLE LP / Purple Passages - 2 LP Set / gatefold cover US $2.99 [1 bids]
Welcome To The Jungle CD Essential Rock w/ Deep Purple House Of Lords Scorpions US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Best of DEEP PURPLE In the 80s Knocking at Your Back Door 1992 CD Nobody's Home US $11.17 Buy It Now 6h 54m
DEEP PURPLE - EXTENDED LIVE VERSIONS - CD - RITCHIE BLACKMORE IAN GILLIAN US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE FORCE PROMO 2LP (FLEETWOOD MAC JETHRO TULL FOGHAT DEEP PURPLE VAN MORRISON) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Highway Star/Lazy - Japanese 45 rpm Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $19.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Black Night/Living Wreck - German 45 rpm 7" single US $4.99 [0 bids]
Russian Lp SNC Rec. IRON MAIDEN BLACK SABBATH GENESIS WHITESNAKE DEEP PURPLE US $29.90 Buy It Now 7h 21m
DEEP PURPLE MADE IN JAPAN 2-LPS US $18.00 Buy It Now 7h 35m
(#768) DEEP PURPLE / Who Do We Think We Are! - gatefold cover US $3.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE IN CONCERT ORIGINAL 2-LP STILL SEALED! FIRST PRESSING 1981 US $349.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
DEEP PURPLE PERFECT STRANGERS ORIGINAL LP STILL IN SHRINK! US $249.99 Buy It Now 7h 41m
IAN GILLAN BAND - BEFORE THE TURBULENCE-SEALED IMPORT DIGIPAK CD NEW DEEP PURPLE US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Deep Purple - Purple Passages LP - 2 record set - Orig 1972 WB green label US $10.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Made In Japan 2LPs 1973 Record LP Album Vinyl NEAR MINT! (552) US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(27%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(9%)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll reviews

Review by Chicapah
3 stars Sometimes it's refreshing and rejuvenating for me to go far back in time when I would rely on music to inspire me and remind me that things weren't so bad after all. Being a child of the 60s who came of age during the early 70s I grew up in a world that was in absolute chaos on most every front so the groups and artists that helped me cope with so much hate and uncertainty will always be special to me. Deep Purple is one of the bands that kept me going when things got tough because they didn't seem to care much about politics or international detente at all. They just wanted to knock walls down with their sledgehammer music and let everyone else decide what to do with the resulting rubble. Even a cursory glance at Deep Purple's lengthy discography will reveal that there are hundreds of compilations of their studio work and live concert recordings to choose from so I'll admit up front that "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll" isn't anything to crow about in particular. What it is, however, is a fair exposition of how incredibly strong their presence was in the music industry from day one and how their influence permeated rock & roll immensely.

"Space Truckin'" is a gem from when the stars and planets aligned perfectly for the group and they at last realized their vast potential while making their historic "Machine Head" album. Tight and powerful, this song sizzles and pops like an egg in hot bacon grease. Of particular note is the highly underrated contribution of Ian Paice on the drums. In this day and age when most percussionists are encouraged to "keep it simple" it's invigorating to hear a stickman attack his tubs the way Ian does here. "Kentucky Woman" is next and I find its inclusion questionable except that it accentuates how the band garnered widespread interest in the late 60s by taking a lame Neil Diamond tune and rocking it so hard it sounded original. Jon Lord's Hammond wails like an angry Banshee. "Hard Road (Wring That Neck)" follows. It's another from their formative years but one that efficiently showcases their cohesiveness and undeniable blues roots. It's a hearty instrumental with no weak spots or filler segments to be found and it displays Ritchie Blackmore's unorthodox guitar playing style exquisitely. For those of us who'd grown used to Clapton, Beck, Hendrix and Page at the time his brittle, stinging motif and classical overtones were significantly different.

"Burn" is the aptly-titled cut that loudly announced to their legion of fans in 1974 that the departure of Ian Gillian and Roger Glover from the fold didn't signal a softening of their approach to their craft. Blackmore shreds like a madman and the Baroque-tinted instrumental movement is pure genius. It's one of my all-time favorite DP cuts. They surely could've found a better track than "Woman From Tokyo" to insert at this juncture but since it still gets so much airplay to this day I guess I must be the only one who doesn't care much for it. It's definitely the low point of the set, though. It's always felt forced and way too formulaic. "Hush" harkens back to when no one knew who they were. Their fiery cover of Joe South's minor hit was the first we Yanks had heard of this rebellious outfit from the UK and it got our attention immediately due in no small part to Lord's growling B3 organ. This collection ends with two live recordings, starting with the landmark "Smoke on the Water." Ritchie's guitar kills throughout this rendition and the band as a whole exhibits great energy and enthusiasm. "Highway Star" captures the raw power Deep Purple could generate night after night in their prime that was a wonder to behold if you were lucky enough to see them (like I was). Blackmore and Lord both shoot blazing bullets of electricity into the audience during their respective solos.

Compiled by staff members at Warner Brothers Records in 1978 in an attempt to sell some more records after the band had dispersed two years earlier, "WWRWR&WWRWR" still functions splendidly as a quick fix for those of us who need a little Purple to get our blood flowing and our mood brightened. The cover, while it has nothing whatsoever to do with the group's image or the album's moniker, is still an eye-catcher that deserved better than to be relegated to gracing a greatest hits package. Shusei Nogaoka did a great job on it. There's nothing out of the ordinary I can report to draw you to this disc over the others but I have to say I did feel better about civilization in general after listening to it. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1234795) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 04, 2014

3 stars A Very Descent attempt at a complation album. This has classics such as burn and Highway Star ut also includes tracks like kentucky women and Hard Road. As my first introduction into Deep Purple I found it very Good. A Fine Starting Point, so ill give it three stars. ... (read more)

Report this review (#165168) | Posted by Singe-fou | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll"