WHEN WE ROCK, WE ROCK, AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1978

1. Space Truckin (4:31)
2. Kentucky Woman (4:44)
3. Hard Road (Wring That Neck) (5:11)
4. Burn (6:00)
5. Woman from Tokyo (5:30)
6. Hush (4:25)
7. Smoke on the Water - live version (6:27)
8. Highway Star - live version (6:47)

Search DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll lyrics

- Nick Simper / bass, backing vocals
- David Coverdale / lead vocals
- Glenn Hughes / bass & vocals

Warner Bros. PRK 3223

Thanks to Laurent for the addition
and to Snobb for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll Music

Remastered · Extra tracks
Mercury 1999
BurnBurn
Rhino 2005
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Graz 1975Graz 1975
Eagle Records 2014
FireballFireball
Rhino Flashback 2008
DEEP PURPLE California Jam April 6th 1974 TE-D007 LD AC7652 US $14.99 [0 bids]
35m 24s
Paula Lammers - Deep Purple Dreams [CD New] US $12.30 Buy It Now 35m 26s
California Jammin PINK FLOYD DEEP PURPLE ELP Rare Live LP Not TMOQ US $59.99 [0 bids]
37m 27s
DEEP PURPLE Who Do We Think We Are 180 gr vinyl LP US $12.00 [0 bids]
37m 58s
DEEP PURPLE 30th Very Best Of Limited Edition 2 LP purple vinyl US $30.00 [0 bids]
38m 30s
DEEP PURPLE Fireball 180 gr vinyl LP US $14.00 [0 bids]
38m 50s
3 ALBUMS LP RECORDS SEALS & CROFTS DEEP PURPLE PETER GABRIEL ROCK US $9.99 [0 bids]
39m 35s
Deep Purple * 24 Carat * Excellent * U.K. Made * 12" 33 RPM US $4.99 [0 bids]
46m 11s
DEEP PURPLE - Very Best Of CD Black Sabbath AC/DC Rainbow Led Zeppelin Dio Who US $4.99 [0 bids]
47m 53s
DEEP PURPLE - Made in Japan CD Black Sabbath AC/DC Rainbow Led Zeppelin Dio Who US $4.99 [0 bids]
47m 53s
DEEP PURPLE AND OTHERS: Deep Purple And Split Groups LP (Germany, Deep Purple l US $75.00 Buy It Now 51m 39s
8 Track Tape Stereo DEEP PURPLE Who Do We Think We Are US $5.00 [0 bids]
58m 20s
Deep Purple Live In Japan SHM CD mini LP LTD ED JAPAN IMPORT FREE SHIPPING NEW US $72.99 Buy It Now 1h
DEEP PURPLE COME TASTE THE BAND TOMMY BOLIN PAICE LORD '75 GATEFOLD 1ST US LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
1h
DEEP PURPLE Stormbringer P-6510W NM! Japan OBI EB645 US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Welcome To The Jungle CD Essential Rock w/ Deep Purple House Of Lords Scorpions US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Best of DEEP PURPLE In the 80s Knocking at Your Back Door 1992 CD Nobody's Home US $11.48 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Joe Lynn Turner Nothing's Changed JAPAN JPN CD Sunstorm Deep Purple Rainbow US $14.99 [0 bids]
Classic Rock Lot: Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, The Who, Rolling Stones US $27.00 [7 bids]
Who Do We Think We Are [Remaster] by Deep Purple (CD, Jul-1988, Warner Bros.) US $4.99 [1 bids]
deep purple who do we think we are record US $1.99 [0 bids]
Russian Lp SNC Rec. IRON MAIDEN BLACK SABBATH GENESIS WHITESNAKE DEEP PURPLE US $29.90 Buy It Now 1h 37m
HUGHES / THRALL GLENN AND PAT LP 1982 SELF TITLED DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEEZE US $5.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Platinum Collection 3 DISC BOX SET - (CD, Mar-2005, Emi) US $14.99 [0 bids]
1970's HARD ROCK CD: DEEP PURPLE - THE BEST OF DEEP PURPLE 15 Hits HUSH Demon's US $10.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE IN CONCERT ORIGINAL 2-LP STILL SEALED! FIRST PRESSING 1981 US $349.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
DEEP PURPLE Smoke On The Water (Edited Version) VG 45 RPM US $0.29 [1 bids]
DEEP PURPLE PERFECT STRANGERS ORIGINAL LP STILL IN SHRINK! US $249.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Coverdale Page David Coverdale Whitesnake Deep Purple Jimmy Page Led Zeppelin US $4.99 [0 bids]
David Coverdale Whitesnake/Northwinds 2 Albums CD Rare Heavy Metal deep purple US $12.00 [0 bids]
BILLY COBHAM - SPECTRUM 1973 ATLANTIC #SD 7268 w/TOMMY BOLIN (DEEP PURPLE) JAZZ US $8.60 [4 bids]
BILLY WARD DEEP PURPLE DO IT AGAIN NM 45RPM VEL 141 ACL US $19.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE YO CAN'T DO IT RIGHT HIGH BALL SHOOTER NM 7in VEE 123 ACL OFFERS? US $19.99 [0 bids]
WHITESNAKE 1987 VINYL David Coverdale & Neil Murray Deep Purple Autograph SIGNED US $249.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
DEEP PURPLE - MADE IN JAPAN - AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE WITH PAPER LABELS US $17.92 Buy It Now 3h
Hughes, Glenn/Play Me Out/LP vinyl record From Deep Purple US $14.99 [0 bids]
3h
Deep Purple JOHN LORD Gemini Suite Lp 1ST OZ Press 71 US $22.45 Buy It Now 3h 10m
DEEP PURPLE Made in Japan US WARNER wlp rare promo hard rock NICE VG++ HEAR! LP US $24.00 [0 bids]
CD ALBUM, ROCK SONGBOOK VOL.2 WHO,DEEP PURPLE,MOTORHEAD,STATUS QUO,SWEET ETC US $17.92 Buy It Now 3h 27m
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - RARE 2003 AUSTRALIAN CD US $8.94 Buy It Now 3h 28m
IAN GILLAN BAND - BEFORE THE TURBULENCE-SEALED IMPORT DIGIPAK CD NEW DEEP PURPLE US $9.94 Buy It Now 3h 46m
DEEP PURPLE "Machine Head" rare PICTURE DISC Lp UK 1985 clean US $37.49 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Live at the NEC 1993 by Deep Purple (CD, Jan-2007, MSI Music Distribution) US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
British Psych Flower Tomorrow Deep Purple Twice As Much Yardbirds US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
deep purple - very best of - warner 2 79799 - cd new/ss - ref# 4281 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Julian Yeo - Deep Purple Dreams US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 33m
DEEP PURPLE ROCK ICONS STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 1 US $6.29 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Deep Purple - Slaves and Masters Japan Promo CD US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 52m
The Book of Taliesyn by Deep Purple (Vinyl, Apr-2012, Scorpio) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Made In Europe Vinyl LP US $55.71 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Hard Rock Metal 3 LP Lot Deep Purple Rainbow Smoke On The Water US $10.00 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Purple Rainbows US $30.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
A1373 DEEP PURPLE / FIREBALL JAPAN CD 20P2-2604 OBI US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
TWO Sarah Vaughn LPs - 1955 & Deep Purple - Harmony Trip Jazz US $7.50 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Japan 1977 NM LP LAST CONCERT IN JAPAN US $18.99 Buy It Now 6h 11m
RAINBOW(DEEP PURPLE)Japan 1978 NM LP LONG LIVE ROCK'N'RO US $18.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Deep Purple - House of Blue Light (2002) {CD Album} D0214 US $8.18 Buy It Now 6h 24m
IAN GILLAN - GLORY ROAD - OZ HEAVY METAL HARD ROCK VIRGIN LP - 1980 DEEP PURPLE US $15.26 Buy It Now 6h 44m
DEEP PURPLE - HARD ROAD: THE MARK 1 STUDIO RECORDINGS, 2014 EU 5CD BOX SET, NEW US $60.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
DEEP PURPLE-KNOCKING AT YOUR BACK DOOR - JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B43 US $14.50 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Deep Purple - Very Best Of CD US $22.16 Buy It Now 7h 27m
70's THE BEST HITS Rock Ballads 2CD set ( Deep Purple, Smokie, Pink Floyd ) US $18.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE-FIREBALL-DIFF RUSSIAN Extremely RARE LP MINT limited US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
DEEP PURPLE-SAME-1969-DIFF RUSSIAN Extremely RARE LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Deep Purple - Extended Versions CD US $10.09 Buy It Now 7h 34m
DEEP PURPLE In Concert '72 (2012 MIX) JAPAN CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 40m
DEEP PURPLE - Graz 1975: Official.. (Overseas) Live Series Rare 8-track CD US $14.75 [14 bids]
DEEP PURPLE / HIGHWAY STAR (VTG.THAI 7" LP) 4 TRACK- COVER BAND LIVE US $179.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
DEEP PURPLE / FIREBALL (VTG.THAI 7" LP) US $149.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
DEEP PURPLE / IN ROCK (VTG.THAI 7" LP) 4 TRACK REC. US $149.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
DEEP PURPLE / MACHINE HEAD (VTG.THAI 7" LP) CASH BOX REC. US $119.99 Buy It Now 8h 14m
DEEP PURPLE / FIREBALL-HUSH-FOOLS (VTG.THAI 7" LP) 4 TRACK REC. US $89.99 Buy It Now 8h 16m
DEEP PURPLE / CHILD IN TIME-LAZY (VTG.THAI 7" LP) CASH BOX REC. US $89.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m
DEEP PURPLE-24 CARAT PURPLE TPSM2002 LP RECORD VINYL VG/VG 16 US $9.82 Buy It Now 8h 18m
DEEP PURPLE / MADE IN JAPAN (VTG.THAI 7" LP) CASH BOX REC. US $69.99 Buy It Now 8h 21m
JOEY SATRIANI - FLYING IN A BLUE DREAM CD Deep Purple G3 Chickenfoot Greg Kihn US $2.57 Buy It Now 8h 29m
DEEP PURPLE Purple Passages DBL LP U.S. pressing Nice copy. US $22.94 [0 bids]
IAN GILLAN ( DEEP PURPLE ) Magic LP Picture disc US $18.03 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE-MAGAZINE ISSUE 46-FEB/MAR 1994-DARKER THAN BLUE-APPRECIATION SOCIETY US $4.90 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Gemini Suite Live (1993) JAPAN Mini LP CD (2008) NEW US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Lammers, Paula Deep Purple Dreams CD US $5.44 Buy It Now 9h 5m
DEEP PURPLE -MADE IN JAPAN [DELUXE EDITON]-JAPAN 2 CD G35 zd US $33.99 Buy It Now 9h 18m
DEEP PURPLE - AUSTRALIAN TOUR 2013 - SIGNED GUITAR PIC - KEYRING US $26.91 [0 bids]
Japan Laserdisc Queen Freddie Quo Deep Purple Rush Jovi US $69.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
DEEP PURPLE BURN RARE LP ISRAEL US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 41m
TALKING HEADS-MARILLION-DEEP PURPLE-Various?- The Rock Masterpieces Vol. 2 CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 41m
DEEP PURPLE- AL STEWART-KATE BUSH- BEACH BOYS-The Rock Masterpieces Vol. 1 CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 44m
DEEP PURPLE - AL STEWART-KNACK- VARIOUS -KEEP ON ROCKIN' CD GREEK COLLECTION US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 44m
DEEP PURPLE - 2 X CONCERT FLYERS - NOW WHAT TOUR US $3.26 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Deep Purple - Collection The (2006) US $10.16 Buy It Now 10h 11m
DEEP PURPLE - PARIS 1975: REMASTERED 2CD SET (2013) US $18.01 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Various - The Stars Sing Lennon & McCartney LP (Featuring Deep Purple) 1986 US $32.76 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Deep Purple LP Matrix A1/B2, US $137.67 Buy It Now 10h 40m
THE BEST OF VIC DAMONE (CD, COLUMBIA) GIGI DEEP PURPLE US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 41m
DEEP PURPLE - They All Came Down To Montreux: Live 2006 - CD US $21.70 Buy It Now 10h 43m
DEEP PURPLE/MACHINE HEAD LP JAPAN OBI US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
DEEP PURPLE ~ 24 Carat Purple ~ Vinyl LP US $9.82 Buy It Now 10h 49m
DEEP PURPLE "Woman from tokio" SAINT JUST "Dolci momenti" 7"PROMO JB ITALY- PROG US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 51m
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water +2 live Harvest 12HAR 5236 1985 UK 12" PS 45 US $9.82 Buy It Now 10h 53m
DAVID COVERDALE (Deep Purple/Whitesnake) - 1993 Magazine Poster US $7.38 Buy It Now 10h 54m

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(27%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(9%)

DEEP PURPLE When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll reviews

Review by Chicapah
3 stars Sometimes it's refreshing and rejuvenating for me to go far back in time when I would rely on music to inspire me and remind me that things weren't so bad after all. Being a child of the 60s who came of age during the early 70s I grew up in a world that was in absolute chaos on most every front so the groups and artists that helped me cope with so much hate and uncertainty will always be special to me. Deep Purple is one of the bands that kept me going when things got tough because they didn't seem to care much about politics or international detente at all. They just wanted to knock walls down with their sledgehammer music and let everyone else decide what to do with the resulting rubble. Even a cursory glance at Deep Purple's lengthy discography will reveal that there are hundreds of compilations of their studio work and live concert recordings to choose from so I'll admit up front that "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll" isn't anything to crow about in particular. What it is, however, is a fair exposition of how incredibly strong their presence was in the music industry from day one and how their influence permeated rock & roll immensely.

"Space Truckin'" is a gem from when the stars and planets aligned perfectly for the group and they at last realized their vast potential while making their historic "Machine Head" album. Tight and powerful, this song sizzles and pops like an egg in hot bacon grease. Of particular note is the highly underrated contribution of Ian Paice on the drums. In this day and age when most percussionists are encouraged to "keep it simple" it's invigorating to hear a stickman attack his tubs the way Ian does here. "Kentucky Woman" is next and I find its inclusion questionable except that it accentuates how the band garnered widespread interest in the late 60s by taking a lame Neil Diamond tune and rocking it so hard it sounded original. Jon Lord's Hammond wails like an angry Banshee. "Hard Road (Wring That Neck)" follows. It's another from their formative years but one that efficiently showcases their cohesiveness and undeniable blues roots. It's a hearty instrumental with no weak spots or filler segments to be found and it displays Ritchie Blackmore's unorthodox guitar playing style exquisitely. For those of us who'd grown used to Clapton, Beck, Hendrix and Page at the time his brittle, stinging motif and classical overtones were significantly different.

"Burn" is the aptly-titled cut that loudly announced to their legion of fans in 1974 that the departure of Ian Gillian and Roger Glover from the fold didn't signal a softening of their approach to their craft. Blackmore shreds like a madman and the Baroque-tinted instrumental movement is pure genius. It's one of my all-time favorite DP cuts. They surely could've found a better track than "Woman From Tokyo" to insert at this juncture but since it still gets so much airplay to this day I guess I must be the only one who doesn't care much for it. It's definitely the low point of the set, though. It's always felt forced and way too formulaic. "Hush" harkens back to when no one knew who they were. Their fiery cover of Joe South's minor hit was the first we Yanks had heard of this rebellious outfit from the UK and it got our attention immediately due in no small part to Lord's growling B3 organ. This collection ends with two live recordings, starting with the landmark "Smoke on the Water." Ritchie's guitar kills throughout this rendition and the band as a whole exhibits great energy and enthusiasm. "Highway Star" captures the raw power Deep Purple could generate night after night in their prime that was a wonder to behold if you were lucky enough to see them (like I was). Blackmore and Lord both shoot blazing bullets of electricity into the audience during their respective solos.

Compiled by staff members at Warner Brothers Records in 1978 in an attempt to sell some more records after the band had dispersed two years earlier, "WWRWR&WWRWR" still functions splendidly as a quick fix for those of us who need a little Purple to get our blood flowing and our mood brightened. The cover, while it has nothing whatsoever to do with the group's image or the album's moniker, is still an eye-catcher that deserved better than to be relegated to gracing a greatest hits package. Shusei Nogaoka did a great job on it. There's nothing out of the ordinary I can report to draw you to this disc over the others but I have to say I did feel better about civilization in general after listening to it. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Chicapah (BETA) | Report this review (#1234795) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 04, 2014

3 stars A Very Descent attempt at a complation album. This has classics such as burn and Highway Star ut also includes tracks like kentucky women and Hard Road. As my first introduction into Deep Purple I found it very Good. A Fine Starting Point, so ill give it three stars. ... (read more)

Report this review (#165168) | Posted by Singe-fou | Thursday, March 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll"