14 FROM OUR PAST

Buy GENESIS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2007

1. The Knife (8:53)
2. Happy the Man (3:08)
3. Watcher of the Skies (7:19)
4. I know what I Like (In Your Wardrobe) (4:07)
5. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (4:51)
6. Squonk (6:30)
7. Your Own Special Way (6:18)
8. Follow You, Follow Me (4:01)
9. Turn It On Again (3:49)
10. Abacab (4:10)
11. That's All (4:25)
12. Land of Confusion (4:46)
13. Hold On My Heart (4:39)
14. Congo (4:03)

- Peter Gabriel / lead vocals, flute
- Steve Hackett / lead guitar
- Mike Rutherford / lead guitar, bass guitar, backing vocals

A Compilation made by Starbucks for their XM station HearMusic

Thanks to anoah for the addition

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS 14 From Our Past Music

Remastered
Atlantic 1994
ANTHONY PHILLIPS-"SIDES" NEW SEALED 1979 ISSUE LP-EX GENESIS US $8.99 [0 bids]
29m 53s
GENESIS-"GENESIS with PETER GABRIEL" 1981 GERMAN ISSUE LP-NM VINYL-EARLY TRACKS US $9.99 [0 bids]
29m 53s
Genesis Rock Roots SEALED LP 1976 Decca France w/ Silent Sun Unreleased LPTracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 33m 47s
GENESIS 45 Paperlate ATLANTIC Progressive Rock PROMO Phil Collins VG++ #H76 US $13.00 Buy It Now 34m 42s
Genesis Rock Roots SEALED UK Import DECCA phil collins peter gabriel US $14.99 [0 bids]
35m 7s
Leopold Godowsky Piano Recital Doris Pines Piano LP Near Mint Genesis 1000 US $8.00 Buy It Now 36m 35s
Genesis Paperlate / You Might Recall 45 w Picture Sleeve Near Mint US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 36s
GENESIS-"IN THE BEGINNING" 1977 REISSUE LP OF FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION-NM WAX US $7.99 [0 bids]
36m 54s
GENESIS-"FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION" 1981 SPANISH REISSUE LPw/BONUS MAG-NM VINYL US $8.99 [0 bids]
36m 54s
Genesis - "In Too Deep" / "I'd Rather Be You" 7" 45RPM single - E US $0.99 Buy It Now 40m 32s
~ GENESIS - AND THEN THERE WERE THREE ~ MUSIC CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 40m 54s
ANTHONY PHILLIPS-"WISE AFTER THE EVENT" NEW SEALED 1978 ISSUE LP-EX GENESIS US $9.99 [0 bids]
41m 22s
Turn It On Again: The Hits - Genesis (CD 1... US $13.49 Buy It Now 42m 5s
GENESIS - Abacab CD 1981 TARGET WEST GERMANY 19313-2 ATLANTIC US $26.59 Buy It Now 46m 18s
Genesis - Nursery Cryme SACD + Bonus DVD Set SEALED US $49.85 Buy It Now 48m 33s
Rock 45 GENESIS Follow You Follow Me on Atlantic US $5.00 Buy It Now 53m 48s
GENESIS - Mama - 7" single US $4.06 Buy It Now 54m 32s
GENESIS - NURSEY CRYME. GATEFOLD EX/EX US $11.40 Buy It Now 54m 33s
GENESIS Orig 1986 "Land Of Confusion" EP LP UNPLAYED US $14.99 Buy It Now 54m 42s
KRAFTWERK ACDC JOE JACKSON CLASH JUDAS PRIEST KK RAMONES GENESIS GRAHAM PARKER US $25.04 [0 bids]
GENESIS "From Genesis to Revelation" London Records 1974 stereo LP VG US $3.75 [0 bids]
Genesis 'Trespass' Cassette Album (1970) US $7.57 [7 bids]
GENESIS HYBRID SACD/DVD JAPAN RARE LIMITED OBI 5 CD Replica LP Sealed Box Set US $594.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
PHIL COLLINS No Jacket Required GENESIS No Skips1985 LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Genesis 'Duke Cassette Album (Reissue) US $1.61 [0 bids]
YES Going for the one 1994 CD SEALED prog psych lp ss genesis camel king crimson US $11.40 Buy It Now 1h 22m
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Invisible Touch Live CD 3 Track In Numbered Box Wi US $21.19 Buy It Now 1h 23m
GENESIS DUKE FROM JAPAN CODE RJ 7655 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Genesis CD Album (Greatest Hits) Phil Collins (The Very Best of) I Cant Dance .. US $3.59 [2 bids]
GENESIS THREE SIDES LIVE ORIGINAL 2-LP SET STILL SEALED WITH STICKERS! US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Genesis We Can't Dance CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND VINYL, 1973 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Genesis*I Can't Dance [US] [Maxi Single] (U.K. Band) (CD, Feb-1992,... US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
PETER GABRIEL Before US: A Brief History CD US Promo Genesis prog 1992 EX+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
genesis PHIL COLLINS The Same Moon 1997 GERMANY CD single live track US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Original Genesis Trespass ABC US Label Vinyl LP 1970 Peter Gabriel US $49.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - Abacab CD JAPAN 19313-2 ATLANTIC US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
"A Sunday Night Above the Rain" MARILLION VERY RARE LIVE * Prog Rock * Genesis US $21.50 [5 bids]
Genesis by Bruno Coulais [Soundtrack, OST] CD + DVD US $10.99 [0 bids]
VINYL LP Genesis - Wind And Wuthering / Atco SD 36144 ( yellow label US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
VINYL LP Genesis - Genesis Live Charisma CAS 1666 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Genesis - FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION CD 1996 57804-2 TRANSLUXE US $55.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Genesis SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND vinyl LP from Portugal Book Club special ed US $75.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Genesis The Way We Walk Vol.2 6 Trk Cassette US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Genesis Genesis Limited (500) Virgin 40 LP US $40.76 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Genesis- Mama + Tonight Tonight Tonight 2 x 12" - free UK post US $14.68 Buy It Now 1h 50m
GENESIS LIVE IN POLAND CD1 CD MADE IN BRAZIL DIGIPACK US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
GENESIS - TRESPASS CD JAPAN RARE CASCD1020 VIRGIN US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Genesis In The Beginning Record LC 50006 London EX ~ US $7.15 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Soundtracks: Tony Banks of Genesis SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
LP - GENESIS - ...And Then There Were Three - 1978 - BRAZIL US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
GENESIS "Abacab" CD 1981 Atlantic Phil Collins Definitive Edition Remaster US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Genesis/ Atlantic A1-80116/ Near Mint US $4.95 [0 bids]
Genesis/ ...And Then There Were Three.../ Atlantic SD-19173/ Near Mint US $4.95 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL Solsbury Hill 3" CD Single genesis prog UK 1988 NM US $4.99 [1 bids]
GENESIS - LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY NEW CD US $38.63 Buy It Now 2h 3m
GENESIS cd album GENESIS presented by the mail on sunday US $5.30 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Genesis - That's All / Second Home By The Sea 45 1983 Phil Collins US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Genesis - 14 Mini LP SHM CD Japan 2013 + 3 Promo-Boxes + BONUS Live RARE MINT!!! US $700.00 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Genesis DUKE - Lp 1980 CHARISMA RECORDS IN GREAT CONDITION US $3.25 [0 bids]
GENESIS - WIND AND WUTHERING VINYL LP US $3.25 [0 bids]
GENESIS Duke LP Turn It On Again In Gatefold Sleeve US $16.31 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Genesis 'Spot The Pigeons' LP Vinyl RSD 2012 Sealed US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
GENESIS - INVISIBLE TOUCH Recycled Vinyl LP Album Record Bowl (1986) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Genesis - Turn It on Again (The Hits) (CD 1999) US $6.51 Buy It Now 2h 25m
LOT OF 3 GENESIS LP'S IN MINT CONDITION BRITISH ROCK LIVE IMPORT TAKRL US $39.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Atco 2-401 Stereo 1974 2 Vinyl Lps Ex US $22.93 Buy It Now 2h 33m
GENESIS - Seconds Out - 2xCD Album *Original Pre-Barcode Release**Fat-Box* US $15.48 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Genesis - We Can't Dance (1991) Rare original 1991 copy US $5.69 Buy It Now 2h 42m
GENESIS "MISUNDERSTANDING" / "BEHIND THE LINES" 7" PICTURE SLEEVE 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
ANTHONY PHILLIPS 1984 Genesis LP vinyl PASSPORT LP REC/SLVG++/VG US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Rock 45 Genesis Living Forever On Atlantic US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Rock 45 Gensis I Can'T Dance On Genesis US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD... US $0.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 2 (The Longs) by Genesis - Cd US $0.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Nursery Cryme ROCK LP ATLANTIC US $3.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS Duke LP ROCK ATLANTIC Gatefold COLUMBIA HOUSE EDTION US $3.00 [0 bids]
STEVE HACKETT Spectral Mornings ROCK LP SHRINK CHRYSALIS Orig Inner GENESIS US $3.00 [0 bids]
Genesis Vinyl LP Atlantic Records 1978 SD 19173, ...And Then There Were Three US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
MARTIN LEVAC - Influences - CD 2006 - ex THE MUSICAL BOX (Genesis Tribute Band) US $22.80 Buy It Now 2h 58m
GENESIS 'INVISIBLE TOUCH' CASSETTE LIGHTLY USED US $5.96 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Tonight Tonight Tonight - Genesis 1988 45 rpm Picture sleeve US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 2 (The Longs) by Genesis  HITS  Minty CD   US $7.50 Buy It Now 3h 19m
GENESIS - THAT'S ALL b/w TAKING IT ALL TOO HARD - VIRGIN / CHARISMA - PIC. DISC US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 23m
GENESIS-TURN IT ON AGAIN:TOUR CD NEW US $19.52 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Peter Gabriel "Sledgehammer" +3 12" single, 1986 Geffen USA, Genesis related US $1.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS with Peter Gabriel Decca LC 0171 LP record album German Press! US $15.95 [0 bids]
Tony Banks Genesis - Fugitive Cutout SEALED US $18.23 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Genesis Self Titled Cassette Tape 1983 Atlantic Canada Press 78-01164 Prog Rock US $5.39 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Brand X - Masques - 1978 UK Vinyl LP - A2/B1 Matrix Numbers - ( Genesis ) US $57.09 Buy It Now 3h 52m
"SECONDS OUT"....GENESIS...2 LPs.....EXCELLENT CONDITION.....FAST SHIPPING US $3.98 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Vintersorg - Cosmic Genesis US $19.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
GENESIS Trespass REMAST CD & AUDIO DVD 5.1 BONUS RARE US $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band)... US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
VG++ 1976 Genesis Rock Roots LP Album US $3.99 [0 bids]
VG++ 1981 Genesis Abacab LP Album US $0.64 [2 bids]
HART & SOUL One Day More LP Genesis 131821 W/ poster & booklet in VG+ Larry Hart US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Genesis "Duke" LP Atlantic SD 16014 1980 US $4.75 [0 bids]

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS 14 From Our Past ratings distribution

GENESIS 14 From Our Past reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars These are NOT all the bests .!

This is another compilation by Genesis for commercial purpose only because the band has practically disbanded (although they just performed a reunion tour in Europe). As a die hard fan of Genesis, I find it very difficult to make a compilation CD because most songs that I like from the band are basically have long duration and they practically not feasible to fit into one or , in fact, two CDs compilation. The stuation is even worse with the fact that in typical Genesis albums especially during Hackett era, I find it difficult to select "the best" as most songs are excellent. So, I see no point having a compilation CD - sort of "The Best of" - from bands like Genesis, King Crimson, Yes, ELP. If this CD is intended for newbie, let me tell you .. you should not start with this one. Try "Selling England By The Pound" album and then move to "Foxtrot", Nursery Cryme", "A Trick of The Tail", "Wind and Wuthering", "Trespass" and then "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". You would find it very enlightening to have that sort of sequence. I bet you that you would not feel any difference having Gabriel or Collins as lead singer - because Steve Hackett is the key diffrentiator. However, if you are keen with the band, I reckon that "Duke" is another excellent album followed by "And Then There Were Three". That's what you should buy from Genesis and you don't need to waste your maneys for "Abacab", "I Can't Dance" or "Genesis" (Mama).

Let's have a look on this "14 From Our Past" compilation. I think it's good to start with "The Knife" as you will grab the idea that Genesis can paly heavy music with powerful guitar riffs . The second track from "Nursery Cryme" should be "The Musical Box" or "The Return of Giant Hogweed" or "The Fountain of Salmacis" (you see there are many great tracks which are much much better than "Happy The Man" which was actually not in the original "Nursery Cryme" album even though was recorded at the same period. Track 3 should be the best Genesis track ever from "Foxtrot" album which is "Supper's Ready" (approx 23 minutes), or "Can Utility or The Coastliners". Track 4 from "Selling England by The Pound" should be "Firth of Fifth" or "Cinema Show" or "Dancing With The Moonlith Knight".

Applying the same approach, these are the tracks that should be taken to represent each album: 5. "Fly on a Windshield", or "In The Cage" , 6. "Squonk" is OK, 7. "One For The Vine", 8. "The Lady Lies" or "Down and Out" or "Burning Rope", 9. "Behind The Lines" or "Duke's Travel". For the rest, I do not want to comment because I do not favor much the albums after "Duke".

Overall, I do not recommend you to have this compilation that do not take the bests of each album but really take all the pop hits from the band for commercial only. If you are a prog head, DO NOT BUY this compilation!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157859) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 05, 2008

Post a review of GENESIS "14 From Our Past"