14 FROM OUR PAST

Buy GENESIS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2007

1. The Knife (8:53)
2. Happy the Man (3:08)
3. Watcher of the Skies (7:19)
4. I know what I Like (In Your Wardrobe) (4:07)
5. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (4:51)
6. Squonk (6:30)
7. Your Own Special Way (6:18)
8. Follow You, Follow Me (4:01)
9. Turn It On Again (3:49)
10. Abacab (4:10)
11. That's All (4:25)
12. Land of Confusion (4:46)
13. Hold On My Heart (4:39)
14. Congo (4:03)

- Peter Gabriel / lead vocals, flute
- Steve Hackett / lead guitar
- Mike Rutherford / lead guitar, bass guitar, backing vocals

A Compilation made by Starbucks for their XM station HearMusic

Thanks to anoah for the addition

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS 14 From Our Past Music

Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
FoxtrotFoxtrot
Wea Int'l 1990
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Seconds OutSeconds Out
Atlantic 1994
TrespassTrespass
Fontana Mca 1993
Nursery CrymeNursery Cryme
Wea Int'l 1990
Genesis Box Set 3 (1970-1975)[13 Disc Set]Genesis Box Set 3 (1970-1975)[13 Disc Set]
Box set · Remastered
Rhino Records 2008
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 46s
Genesis Underground * by Eye Alaska (CD, Jul-2009, Fearless Records) US $2.00 [0 bids]
40m 10s
Genesis - We Can't Dance (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic) MINT #L715 US $3.98 Buy It Now 40m 33s
Genesis CD 1991 We can't dance - EX disc US $4.00 Buy It Now 42m 30s
Genesis Congo 2 Track Promo CD Single 1997 Atlantic Edits US $5.98 Buy It Now 54m 33s
Don McLean, Crying/Genesis, 45 rpm US $1.99 Buy It Now 58m 50s
Genesis(7" Vinyl)Duchess-Charisma-CB 363-UK-VG/NM US $9.39 Buy It Now 1h 3m
MARILLION Seasons End - CASSETTE USA Print 1989 no fish pendagron genesis RARE US $4.95 [0 bids]
LIVE AT KNEBWORTH CLAPTON GENESIS FLOYD PLANT QUO ELTON - BRAND NEW SEALED 2CD US $7.34 Buy It Now 1h 7m
PETER GABRIEL - US - Cassette USA Print 1990 - no genesis howe hackett banks US $2.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway 2-CD set UK Virgin Charisma CGSCD1 US $9.99 [2 bids]
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
GENESIS - LIVE [REMASTER] [GENESIS] - NEW CD US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Genesis Not About Us Promo CD Single Near Mint 1997 Calling All Stations US $6.98 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Rock, Classic Rock Music, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Genesis cd lot US $18.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS Foxtrot 1972 Charisma LP CAS 1058 EXC- US $7.50 [0 bids]
GENESIS ATLANTIC 45RPM 80's I'D RATHER BE YOU US $0.49 [0 bids]
1983 GENESIS That's All PROMO 45 SINGLE Atlantic Records PHIL COLLINS US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
ANTHONY PHILLIPS Sides prog Genesis solo Lp US $5.56 [0 bids]
Plays The Music Of Genesis, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Good US $2.38 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Peter Gabriel Genesis 5 Track Promo CD Sampler Still Sealed Secret World Live US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Songz,Trey - Genesis-The Birth Of Songz Demo [CD New] US $27.50 Buy It Now 1h 27m
MIKE + THE MECHANICS Living Years MINT in shrink GENESIS related Lp US $6.56 [0 bids]
NEW 2PM?GENESIS OF 2PM DELUXE BOX EDITION TYPE:A-JAPAN CD+DVD US $69.97 Buy It Now 1h 33m
LP Sonny Stitt ?- Genesis US $7.00 [0 bids]
PHIL COLLINS rare cassette tape album BEST LOVE SONGS import Genesis US $3.57 Buy It Now 1h 38m
GENESIS Seconds Out Dbl LP Vinyl VG+ Cover VG+ SD 9002 Collins Hackett Banks US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Genesis - Calling All Stations (Remastered) - GENCDY14 US $21.19 Buy It Now 1h 48m
GENESIS - Three Sides Live - 1982 UK G/F Vinyl 2-LP *FIRST PRESSING!* GE 2002 EX US $22.21 Buy It Now 1h 51m
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: REFRAIN OF EVANGELION - NEW CD US $29.21 Buy It Now 1h 53m
HILDE SOMER piano plays CARL CZERNY - LP Genesis Stereo US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 54m
THEE MAJESTY Live At The Pezner 1999 LP NEW VINYL Dais Genesis P-Orridge Bryin US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Genesis Self Titled Vinyl LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
Genesis NURSERY CRYME rare italian Charisma LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
"We Can't Dance" by Genesis CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - COME RAIN OR SHINE (VERY RARE PROMO DOCUMENTARY DISC) US $5.47 [3 bids]
Live Over Europe - Genesis 2 CD Set Sealed ! New ! US $10.36 Buy It Now 2h 7m
GENESIS Nursery Cryme ROCK LP ATLANTIC US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS- DUKE VINYL ALBUM US $4.26 Buy It Now 2h 8m
GENESIS LIVE 70-80 VOL.4 JAPAN CD OBI 3200yen 32VD 1ST US $129.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
STEVE HACKETT Spectral Mornings ROCK LP SHRINK CHRYSALIS Orig Inner GENESIS US $8.00 [0 bids]
Lot 42 LP Albums Aerosmith Fleetwood Mac Cars Ted Nugent Genesis Moxy Lobo MORE! US $9.99 [1 bids]
45 RPM Record & Sleeve Genesis Invisible Touch VG US $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 10m
45 RPM Record & Sleeve Genesis That's All! VG US $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Genesis Live "the way we walk" CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
B.S.O. - (REC) 3: GENESIS [5053105140725] - NEW CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 2h 14m
GENESIS ~ IN TOO DEEP ~ ORIG. ROCK 45..NM (UNPLAYED)..ON ATLANTICL..P/S US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
MIKE RUTHERFORD (OF GENESIS) smallcreep's day CAS 1149 A1U/B1U 1st LP PS EX+/EX+ US $15.37 Buy It Now 2h 16m
BANKSTATEMENT (GENESIS) i'll be waiting VST 1208 uk virgin 1989 12" PS EX/EX US $15.37 Buy It Now 2h 16m
GENESIS Calling all stations CD new HOLLAND US $12.90 Buy It Now 2h 16m
GENESIS Self Titled LP Vinyl Record Album RARE EX PROG ROCK * Listen * US $8.53 [0 bids]
Genesis 1986 Atlantic A1 81641 Factory SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
3LPS: Croce Greatest Hits,Restless Heart, Genesis US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
SACD IMPORT Calling All Stations by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Oct-2007, Virgin) US $19.99 [0 bids]
ABC on Smash Hits Magazine Cover 1983 Genesis The Police Belle Stars Blancmange US $25.65 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Invisible Touch by Genesis LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
Job For A Cowboy Genesis CD album (CDLP) UK 398414614CD METAL BLADE 2007 US $24.78 Buy It Now 2h 58m
GENESIS A Trick Of The Tail LP Vinyl Record Album EX UK RARE PROG ROCK US $8.53 [0 bids]
LP GENESIS GENESIS GEN LP1 VG/VG US $7.68 Buy It Now 2h 58m
1973 Prog Rock LP GENESIS "Selling England by The Pound" VG+,VG+ CHARISMA-FC6060 US $5.70 [0 bids]
3h
GENESIS DUKE RARE EARLY JAPAN ATLANTIC 16014-2 CD NON TARGET AUDIOPHILE US $13.00 Buy It Now 3h
GENESIS NURSERY CRYME UK LP CAS1020 US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Genesis Self Titled LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Genesis Wind & Wuthering - Blue Label vinyl LP album record UK CDS4005 US $27.28 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Genesis - Land of Confusion Lp US $5.13 [0 bids]
GENESIS - I Know What I Like / Counting Out Time - Old Gold Reissue US $0.99 [1 bids]
GENESIS - Follow You, Follow Me / A Trick Of The Tail - Old Gold Reissue US $0.99 [0 bids]
WENDY & BONNIE GENESIS ORIGINAL ALBUM 180 GRAM SUNDAZED LP US $18.98 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Simon Eve & Dmf - Genesis - Recharge - 2003 #97446 US $5.11 Buy It Now 3h 27m
GENESIS - Mama - 1990 Silver Label re-ssue US $1.99 [0 bids]
PHIL COLLINS GENESIS 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/3358 US $34.20 Buy It Now 3h 30m
GENESIS LP " Selling England By The Poung " BUDDAH Canada 1973' ** PROG. ROCK ** US $15.95 Buy It Now 3h 38m
DIRE STRAITS/GENESIS/MICHAEL JACKSON/PRINCE - PROMO FLYER/HANDBILL US $8.47 Buy It Now 3h 39m
GENESIS - And Then There Were Three - Excellent Con LP Record Charisma CDS 4010 US $13.66 Buy It Now 3h 42m
GENESIS-TURN IT ON AGAIN-THE HITS-POLISH CASSETTE TAPE 1999-LIKE NEW!! US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 48m
GENESIS - A Living Story - The 1977 British Tour US $14.00 [1 bids]
Genesis SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND Limited NEW SEALED Charisma Record Vinyl LP US $12.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Paul Carrack MIKE & THE MECHANICS Beggar w/ EDIT & 2 UNRELEASE CD single US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
GENESIS LP ATLANTIC 80116 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
GENESIS We Can't Dance CLASSIC CD Album TOP QUALITY FRAMED+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP US $68.32 Buy It Now 3h 55m
GENESIS Invisible Touch CLASSIC CD Album TOP QUALITY FRAMED+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP US $68.32 Buy It Now 3h 55m
TALISMAN - GENESIS DELUXE EDITION (ASHPAB1007) + 4 BONUS TRACKS CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
GENESIS NURSERY CRYME JAPAN LP FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
CD STEVE HACKETT Time Lapse LIVE GENESIS HOLLAND IMPORT MINT RARE OOP US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Genesis Fan Club Memorabilia Large Group Photo Card Original 1980's Ex 21.5x15cm US $1.69 [0 bids]
4h
Genesis Fan Club Memorabilia Small Group Photo Card Original 1980's Ex 12.5x10cm US $1.69 [0 bids]
Genesis Information Official Fan Club Magazine No 40 Ex US $1.69 [0 bids]
GENESIS LP ABACAB ATLANTIC 19313 US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h
KNEBWORTH Mini LP 2CD Pink Floyd Genesis Elton John Dire Straits Paul McCartney US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Echolyn "As The World" CD Brett Kull Prog Rock Genesis Gentle Giant Marillion US $3.00 [1 bids]
GENESIS Trick Of The Tail UK 1stPres Gatefold Vinyl LP 76 CHARISMA CDS4001 EX/EX US $13.66 [1 bids]
GENESIS SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND UK PRESS WITH INSERT 1973 VINYL ALBUM US $5.49 [3 bids]
GENESIS LIVE UK 1973 CLASS 1 CHARISMA 1Y2/2Y2 MATRIX EX/EX US $1.69 [1 bids]
GENESIS - WIND AND WUTHERING UK FIRST PRESS A2/B2 HATTER CHARISMA LABEL 1976 US $1.69 [0 bids]
Three Sides Live - Genesis 2LP (VG) US $7.49 Buy It Now 4h 17m
GENESIS 'A Trick of the Tale' U.K. 1975 NM US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 18m
GENESIS WE CAN'T DANCE 1991 UK DOUBLE VINYL LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $2.12 [3 bids]
Genesis m- UK 7 That's All / Taking it All to Hard US $5.49 Buy It Now 4h 21m
GENESIS And Then There Were Three LP NM US ORIGINAL GATEFOLD GENISIS 1978 US $9.98 Buy It Now 4h 22m
SUPERTRACKS RARE VERTIGO SPACESHIP LABEL COMP. LED ZEPPELIN GENESIS PINK FLOYD US $34.12 Buy It Now 4h 22m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS 14 From Our Past ratings distribution

GENESIS 14 From Our Past reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars These are NOT all the bests .!

This is another compilation by Genesis for commercial purpose only because the band has practically disbanded (although they just performed a reunion tour in Europe). As a die hard fan of Genesis, I find it very difficult to make a compilation CD because most songs that I like from the band are basically have long duration and they practically not feasible to fit into one or , in fact, two CDs compilation. The stuation is even worse with the fact that in typical Genesis albums especially during Hackett era, I find it difficult to select "the best" as most songs are excellent. So, I see no point having a compilation CD - sort of "The Best of" - from bands like Genesis, King Crimson, Yes, ELP. If this CD is intended for newbie, let me tell you .. you should not start with this one. Try "Selling England By The Pound" album and then move to "Foxtrot", Nursery Cryme", "A Trick of The Tail", "Wind and Wuthering", "Trespass" and then "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". You would find it very enlightening to have that sort of sequence. I bet you that you would not feel any difference having Gabriel or Collins as lead singer - because Steve Hackett is the key diffrentiator. However, if you are keen with the band, I reckon that "Duke" is another excellent album followed by "And Then There Were Three". That's what you should buy from Genesis and you don't need to waste your maneys for "Abacab", "I Can't Dance" or "Genesis" (Mama).

Let's have a look on this "14 From Our Past" compilation. I think it's good to start with "The Knife" as you will grab the idea that Genesis can paly heavy music with powerful guitar riffs . The second track from "Nursery Cryme" should be "The Musical Box" or "The Return of Giant Hogweed" or "The Fountain of Salmacis" (you see there are many great tracks which are much much better than "Happy The Man" which was actually not in the original "Nursery Cryme" album even though was recorded at the same period. Track 3 should be the best Genesis track ever from "Foxtrot" album which is "Supper's Ready" (approx 23 minutes), or "Can Utility or The Coastliners". Track 4 from "Selling England by The Pound" should be "Firth of Fifth" or "Cinema Show" or "Dancing With The Moonlith Knight".

Applying the same approach, these are the tracks that should be taken to represent each album: 5. "Fly on a Windshield", or "In The Cage" , 6. "Squonk" is OK, 7. "One For The Vine", 8. "The Lady Lies" or "Down and Out" or "Burning Rope", 9. "Behind The Lines" or "Duke's Travel". For the rest, I do not want to comment because I do not favor much the albums after "Duke".

Overall, I do not recommend you to have this compilation that do not take the bests of each album but really take all the pop hits from the band for commercial only. If you are a prog head, DO NOT BUY this compilation!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157859) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 05, 2008

Post a review of GENESIS "14 From Our Past"