14 FROM OUR PAST

Buy GENESIS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2007

1. The Knife (8:53)
2. Happy the Man (3:08)
3. Watcher of the Skies (7:19)
4. I know what I Like (In Your Wardrobe) (4:07)
5. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (4:51)
6. Squonk (6:30)
7. Your Own Special Way (6:18)
8. Follow You, Follow Me (4:01)
9. Turn It On Again (3:49)
10. Abacab (4:10)
11. That's All (4:25)
12. Land of Confusion (4:46)
13. Hold On My Heart (4:39)
14. Congo (4:03)

- Peter Gabriel / lead vocals, flute
- Steve Hackett / lead guitar
- Mike Rutherford / lead guitar, bass guitar, backing vocals

A Compilation made by Starbucks for their XM station HearMusic

Thanks to anoah for the addition

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS 14 From Our Past Music

Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Selling England By The PoundSelling England By The Pound
Remastered · Import
Atlantic 1995
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Seconds OutSeconds Out
Atlantic 1994
Wind & Wuthering [Bonus DVD]Wind & Wuthering [Bonus DVD]
Rhino 2007
Genesis No Son Of Mine / Living Forever 7" 45 rpm Atlantic 7-87571 NM Vinyl US $3.60 Buy It Now 30m 3s
GENESIS AND THEN THERE WERE THREE 1978 UK HATTER VINYL LP*EXCELLENT+THROUGHOUT US $14.84 Buy It Now 32m 11s
GENESIS "THREE SIDES LIVE" 1982 VINYL LP - ATLANTIC 2-2000 Rock 12" 33 RPM NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
35m 11s
Genesis - Mama / It's Gonna Get Better Virgin MAMA 1 UK 1983 7" vinyl PS A1/B1 US $8.28 Buy It Now 37m 39s
SEALED Genesis s/t self-titled That's All Mama CD 80116 IMPORT US $10.99 Buy It Now 38m
GTR S/T LP STEVE HOWE STEVE HACKETT SEALED YES GENESIS US $22.00 Buy It Now 40m 15s
VINYL 7" SINGLE - GENESIS - MAMA - MAMA 1 US $11.59 Buy It Now 41m 30s
TONY BANKS & NIK KERSHAW I Wanna Change The Score 12" TOWNHOUSE ACETATE GENESIS US $165.82 Buy It Now 46m 40s
Turn It on Again: The Hits by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Oct-1999, Atlantic... US $8.99 [0 bids]
48m 17s
1980 Genesis Misunderstanding / Behind The Lines 7" 45 rpm Atlantic 3662 NM US $3.60 Buy It Now 49m 45s
Record 1981 Genesis Abacab LP Album Rock Vinyl LP US $8.25 [0 bids]
50m 59s
Genesis: Misunderstanding / Behind The Lines 7" 45 VG++ Canada Atlantic 3662 US $5.99 Buy It Now 52m 53s
GENESIS VAN DER GRAAF ~ORIGINAL NEWCASTLE CITY HALL FLYER HANDBILL ~ JAN 31 1971 US $323.38 Buy It Now 55m 54s
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Genesis - Definitive Edition Remaster (2 CD 's) US $17.99 [0 bids]
58m 1s
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Genesis - Be Mine - Renegade Rec - 2004 #139374 US $4.96 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Foxtrot [Remaster] by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Jan-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.00 [1 bids]
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, D US $0.69 [0 bids]
GENESIS-THREE SIDES LIVE ATLANTIC 1982 USA 2LPS VINYL NM US $3.89 [0 bids]
GENESIS - I CAN'T DANCE - 7" VINYL PICTURE SLEEVE 1991 VIRGIN US $7.78 Buy It Now 1h 9m
14 from Our Past by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, 2007, Rhino (Label)) US $3.00 [1 bids]
Genesis(12" Vinyl)That's All-Virgin---Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $21.54 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Genesis - V/A New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Genesis by Genesis CD/ MAMA -IMPORT Rare US $10.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS A TRICK IN THE TAIL charisma 76 A1B1 textured Lp nr EX US $21.54 Buy It Now 1h 58m
1984 Craig Huxley GENESIS PROJECT LP Record US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
GENESIS - Turn It On Again-The Hits - 1999 - CD - 83244-2 - 0 7567-83244-2 0 US $3.49 [0 bids]
GENESIS Calling All Stations RM CD & AUDIO DVD 5.1 OOP US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
GENESIS Abacab REMAST CD & DVD 5.1 SRND BONUS RARE OOP US $31.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
GENESIS Spot the Pigeon 180g BLUE Vinyl EP Record Dual Speed 33 1/3RPM / 45RPM US $18.31 Buy It Now 2h 14m
2PM GENESIS OF 2PM 2014 Limited [2-CD+80P Booklet] (Ver.B) New Sealed US $34.85 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DON McLEAN "Genesis, In The Beginning" RCA Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA! US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Genesis tribute The River of Constant Change 2 disc CD Mellow Records US $29.99 [0 bids]
2PM GENESIS OF 2PM 2014 CD New Sealed US $22.95 Buy It Now 2h 44m
GENESIS/INVISIBLE TOUCH JPN 07VA1041 US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
GENESIS/INVISIBLE TOUCH JPN 07VA1041 US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
GENESIS/SECONDS OUT JPN SFX10036/37 US $21.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Import Genesis Seconds Out Part 2 Cassette Tape - TESTED US $1.66 Buy It Now 2h 55m
GENESIS ABACAB 1981 VINYL LP EMBOSSED SLEEVE + INNER WALLET NEAR MINT THROUGHOUT US $16.50 Buy It Now 2h 55m
GENESIS FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION RARE DECCA LP RECORD US $199.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
GENESIS Story Interview Triple lp 1989 Peter Gabriel Phil Collins etc US $74.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
LED ZEPPELIN NO QUARTER 5 CD BOX SET TARANTURA NEW and SEALED Yes Who Genesis US $429.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS 3X3 EP Charisma #GEN 1 45rpm + Picture Sleeve UK Import US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
MIKE + THE MECHANICS - 12" Vinyl LP 1985 ATLANTIC Records SILENT RUNNING GENESIS US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Genesis Paperlate EP UK Picture Sleeve 7'' Single 45rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
GENESIS - MAMA - VERTIGO - LP RECORD - fromARGENTINA US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS THAT'S ALL 45RPM MX LP RECORD - ofARGENTINIEN US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS - EN EL COMIENZO DEL ... - LP RECORD - oARGENTINA US $9.50 [0 bids]
GENESIS - MAMA - MAXI - LP RECORD - fromARGENTINA US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS TONY BANKS PETER GABRIEL ROD STEWART ELTON JOHN LP RECORD - oARGENTINA US $9.90 [0 bids]
GENESIS - SERIE : EL ROCK EN EL TIEMPO - LP RECORD - oARGENTINA US $9.90 [0 bids]
Genesis Invisible Touch Phil Collins No Jacket Required Cassettes US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
MIKE & THE MECHANICS HITS TURKEY TURKISH 1996 PRINT CASETTE CLOSED LABEL GENESIS US $12.50 Buy It Now 3h 12m
My Genesis US $11.59 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Genesis Illegal Alien Picture Sleeve US 7'' Single 45rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Genesis That's All US 7'' Single 45rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Plutonic - Genesis - Complicit Recordings #184068 US $4.96 Buy It Now 3h 13m
GENESIS ...AND THEN THERE WERE THREE - ATLANTIC SD19173 - VG+ US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 15m
PHIL COLLINS No Jacket Required FACTORY SEALED LP MINT Genesis US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
MIKE & THE MECHANICS The Singles SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Genesis 1 US $5.79 Buy It Now 3h 32m
MIKE & THE MECHANICS The Singles SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Genesis 1 US $8.28 Buy It Now 3h 32m
MIKE & THE MECHANICS The Singles SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Genesis 1 US $24.86 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Genesis P-Orridge - When I Was Young [CD New] US $12.40 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Genesis Abacab CD US $21.54 Buy It Now 3h 33m
3 LP GENESIS LOT 16 THREE SIDES LIVE Charisma GE 2002 Made in England - Abacab US $6.99 [0 bids]
In the Beginning - Genesis New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $27.72 Buy It Now 3h 34m
GENESIS "AS THOUGH EMERALD CITY" RARE LIVE LP (BRUCE DILLON / SPINDIZZIE ISSUE) US $24.86 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL "I DON'T REMEMBER" RARE CANADIAN IMPORT 12" LTD EDITION GENESIS US $9.93 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Genesis [Cousins] ( CD 2010 ) NEW (Reggae Compilation) US $4.96 Buy It Now 3h 39m
GENESIS - TURN IT ON AGAIN: TOUR EDITION NEW CD US $27.32 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Lifesigns Steve Hackett King Crimson Focus Genesis John Young Band Thijs VanLeer US $9.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - In Too Deep - Excellent Condition 7" Single US $6.62 Buy It Now 3h 52m
GENESIS - Mama - Excellent Condition 7" Single US $6.62 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Genesis 45 rpm Philippines 7" no son of mine US $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 54m
30 Vinyl Records From 70s and 80s -Pink Floyd,U2,Genesis,Boston,Journey, et. al. US $44.99 [0 bids]
Seconds Out Genesis 2 CD Set Sealed ! New ! US $9.94 Buy It Now 3h 58m
GENESIS / LIVE * THE WAY WE WALK * VOLUME ONE US $2.99 [0 bids]
Mama - Genesis New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $35.09 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Invisible Touch by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Oct-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 2 (The Longs) by Genesis (U.K. Band)... US $3.98 [0 bids]
Genesis [PA] by Busta Rhymes (CD, Nov-2001, J Records) US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
BRIAN AUGER GENESIS NM W/ JULIE DRISCOLL 1974 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Three Sides Live Atlantic SD-2-2000 1982 (2) LP US $11.69 Buy It Now 4h 14m
LOT OF 10 CASSETTES/ STRAY CATS/POLICE/VAN HALEN/GENESIS/KINKS/SANTANA US $67.04 [0 bids]
Genesis / Abacab / 1981 / Atlantic SD-19313 / Custom Label, Inner Sleeve / LP US $7.12 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Genesis Three Sides Live double vinyl record album US $3.99 [0 bids]
genesis PHIL COLLINS Heatwave RARE 2010 BENELUX collectors CD single US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Genesis - Selling England By The Pound LP Canada US $33.17 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Rotting Christ - Genesis US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 40m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 10TH ANNIVERSARY sountrack CD (Free shipping) US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
GENESIS 1983-1998 [BOX] - CD/DVD BOX SET *SEALED* US $99.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
GENESIS THREE SIDES LIVE ( DOUBLE VINYL LP ) US $14.91 Buy It Now 4h 54m
GENESIS P -ORRIDGE - WHEN I WAS YOUNG NEW CD US $19.27 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Invisible Touch Genesis Remaster 2008 CD Sealed! New! US $10.50 Buy It Now 4h 58m
MONIQUE WALKER - MY GENESIS - NEW CD US $12.09 Buy It Now 5h
DENNIS WEAVER: Sinking Of The Reuben James / Genesis Thrgh Exodus 45 (dj, sm ta US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h
Excellent Copy - 1973 FC 6060 - Genesis - Selling England By The Pound US $45.00 Buy It Now 5h 6m
JOY WILLIAMS-Genesis/JASON INGRAM/Matthew West/IAN ESKELIN/Ben Glover/CHRISTIAN US $7.49 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Genesis Spot The Pigeon France Import 45 With Picture Sleeve US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 7m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS 14 From Our Past ratings distribution

GENESIS 14 From Our Past reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars These are NOT all the bests .!

This is another compilation by Genesis for commercial purpose only because the band has practically disbanded (although they just performed a reunion tour in Europe). As a die hard fan of Genesis, I find it very difficult to make a compilation CD because most songs that I like from the band are basically have long duration and they practically not feasible to fit into one or , in fact, two CDs compilation. The stuation is even worse with the fact that in typical Genesis albums especially during Hackett era, I find it difficult to select "the best" as most songs are excellent. So, I see no point having a compilation CD - sort of "The Best of" - from bands like Genesis, King Crimson, Yes, ELP. If this CD is intended for newbie, let me tell you .. you should not start with this one. Try "Selling England By The Pound" album and then move to "Foxtrot", Nursery Cryme", "A Trick of The Tail", "Wind and Wuthering", "Trespass" and then "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". You would find it very enlightening to have that sort of sequence. I bet you that you would not feel any difference having Gabriel or Collins as lead singer - because Steve Hackett is the key diffrentiator. However, if you are keen with the band, I reckon that "Duke" is another excellent album followed by "And Then There Were Three". That's what you should buy from Genesis and you don't need to waste your maneys for "Abacab", "I Can't Dance" or "Genesis" (Mama).

Let's have a look on this "14 From Our Past" compilation. I think it's good to start with "The Knife" as you will grab the idea that Genesis can paly heavy music with powerful guitar riffs . The second track from "Nursery Cryme" should be "The Musical Box" or "The Return of Giant Hogweed" or "The Fountain of Salmacis" (you see there are many great tracks which are much much better than "Happy The Man" which was actually not in the original "Nursery Cryme" album even though was recorded at the same period. Track 3 should be the best Genesis track ever from "Foxtrot" album which is "Supper's Ready" (approx 23 minutes), or "Can Utility or The Coastliners". Track 4 from "Selling England by The Pound" should be "Firth of Fifth" or "Cinema Show" or "Dancing With The Moonlith Knight".

Applying the same approach, these are the tracks that should be taken to represent each album: 5. "Fly on a Windshield", or "In The Cage" , 6. "Squonk" is OK, 7. "One For The Vine", 8. "The Lady Lies" or "Down and Out" or "Burning Rope", 9. "Behind The Lines" or "Duke's Travel". For the rest, I do not want to comment because I do not favor much the albums after "Duke".

Overall, I do not recommend you to have this compilation that do not take the bests of each album but really take all the pop hits from the band for commercial only. If you are a prog head, DO NOT BUY this compilation!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157859) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 05, 2008

Post a review of GENESIS "14 From Our Past"