STARBORN,TOME I

Experimental/Post Metal

The Chronicles of Israfel Starborn,Tome I album cover

Buy THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Starborn Part I - Empire of Light (4:46)
2. Starborn Part II - Citizen (1:24)
3. Starborn Part III - On A Forever Road (6:24)
4. Burning Day (2:25)
5. The Equinigma (4:27)
6. Laudanum (7:51)
7. Nation (5:45)
8. Born Fighting (4:52)
9. Kill Division (3:21)
10. New Mood Therapy for A Medicated Babylon (6:08)
11. Eugenics (5:22)
12. Home to Oblivion (3:53)
13. Lacrima Christi (2:14)

Search THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL Starborn,Tome I lyrics

Search THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL Starborn,Tome I tabs

- Dominic Cifarelli (Israfel) / guitars, bass, vocals, samples, keyboards
- Americo Antonucci (Gabriel, Djinn, Appoloin The Destroyer) / vocals
- Vincent Cifarelli (Veloel) / piano, keyboards
- Joey Ranallo (Zagzatel) / bass
- Joey Bastone (Jophiel) / drums

CD Bridge of Hands Entertainment (2007)
BOH0701TC01

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to painofdamnation for the last updates

THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL Starborn,Tome I Music

More places to buy THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL music online Buy THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL Starborn,Tome I ratings distribution

THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL Starborn,Tome I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Starborn, Tome 1" is the debut full-length studio album by The Chronicles of Israfel. The album was released in 2007 through Bridge of Hands Entertainment. The Chronicles of Israfel is a one-man project formed by Dominic Cifarelli. Dominic Cifarelli handles guitars, bass, vocals, samples and keyboards. He is helped out on the album by drummer Joey Bastone. The project was created in a turbulent period of Dominic Cifarelliīs life as his band Pulse Ultra were on the brink of splitting up. "Starborn, Tome 1" was born out the frustration.

"Starborn, Tome 1" is a sci-fi concept album and all tracks segue into each other to form one long listening experience. The album opens with a trio of instrumental tracks and I was beginning to wonder if this was an instrumental album, but "Burning Day" introduces pleasant and strong vocals (nice harmonies too). The music on the album is progressive metal. Itīs mostly guitar and vocal driven but complimented by atmosphere creating keyboards. I think all elements succeed in bringing out the right atmosphere to compliment the sci-fi lyrics.

The sound production is good, but a bit compressed. The drums have a kind of artificial sound that lacks a bit of power to my ears.

The musicianship is strong. The drumming by Joey Bastone leaves a bit to be desired though and combined with the not so strong drum sound that part of the album is a slight weakness.

Overall "Starborn, Tome 1" is a pretty strong progressive metal album though and the few weaknesses donīt overshadow the fact that I for the most part enjoy the album. A 3.5 star rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#167677) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Review by avestin
4 stars Dominic Cifarelli, guitarist of the now defunct Montreal band Pulse Ultra, is the man behind the Chronicles Of Israfel project. He starts his solo output with the album Starborn, Tome I, which is a very good heavy/progressive metal release; rich and varied, this piece goes on to cover various moods and styles, from aggressive and fast to slower and emotional yet still powerful and heavy. A concept album revolving around the figure named Israfel which as I've read is on a self-discovery journey and goes through various hardships; it is not the only figure in the story as every musician on the album portrays a different character in the story. As I have a legal digital download version of the album I can't tell you much more about that concept and so can only expand on the musical side, which is the main issue anyway.

As said above, the music is quite varied in styles and moods. I can spot similarities in style to bands such as Pain Of Salvation and Dream Theatre, but not in a clone-like manner. The musicianship is of very high level, accurate and efficient, contributing to the rich and enveloping sound of the album. The 3 first tracks which comprise the three parts of the title track are mostly instrumental and provide a compelling introduction to the album, theme and music. It then moves on to songs with each providing melodic and heavy experiences with fitting vocals (clear, dominant and a little rasp at times). All instruments are well heard (good mix) and represented on the album and the combination of the guitar and keyboards part creates a well balanced multi-layered edge to the songs. The songs are not only thrilling and gripping but complex in their arrangements and intricacies. They also flow very well from one to the next, assisting in the creating the feeling of a continuous storyline.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this release, not having heard of this project before getting the album. However, I must say that this has been a splendid and most satisfying discovery and it's a great listening experience. Greatly recommended to all those who love melodic progressive metal especially in the form of concept albums.

Send comments to avestin (BETA) | Report this review (#186396) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 19, 2008

5 stars The most innovative album I'ver heard in a long time I must say I'm thankful now I'm the proud owner of such a beautiful album! The Chronicles Of Israfel is Dominic Cifarelli's solo project, a guitar player I didn't know until this, to be honest. Starborn, Tome I sounds like nothing I heard bef ... (read more)

Report this review (#160514) | Posted by painofdamnation | Friday, February 01, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Chronicles of Israfel - Starborn, Tome 1 This album is fantastic. In isolation these tracks are amazing but in the final format all together running in the order they should be it is something else. Each track blends with the next playing out the first instalment of Israfel's story to perf ... (read more)

Report this review (#155997) | Posted by BravViper | Thursday, December 20, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CHRONICLES OF ISRAFEL "Starborn,Tome I"