KAYLEIGH

Good, but non-essential

Buy MARILLION Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1996

1. Grendel (17:16)
2. He knows you know (5:22)
3. Jigsaw (6:50)
4. Punch and Judy (3:22)
5. Cinderella search (edited) (4:22)
6. Kayleigh (single) (3:32)
7. Lavender (single) (3:40)
8. Lady Nina (edited) (3:43)
9. Torch song (4:05)

Search MARILLION Kayleigh lyrics

Search MARILLION Kayleigh tabs

- Fish / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Ian Mosley / drums
- Mick Pointer / drums, percussion (1)
- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

Disky: DC 867182 (0 7243 4 86718 2 0)

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Kayleigh Music

Clutching at StrawsClutching at Straws
101 DISTRIBUTION 2001
MARILLION GRENDEL 12" PICTURE DISC RSD 2013 MINT US $25.34 Buy It Now 44m 2s
Marillion - Size Matters - CD X 2 (2010) Prog Rock US $25.34 Buy It Now 49m 53s
Marillion - Tumbling Down The Years - CD X 2 (2010) Prog Rock US $25.34 Buy It Now 50m 4s
MARILLION A SINGLES COLLECTION Cd US $20.08 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Marillion Incommunicado / Going Under 1987 7" Vinyl Single Record US $11.78 Buy It Now 2h 22m
MARILLION " HOOKS IN YOU " EX+ COND.IN PIC.SL. US $1.67 Buy It Now 2h 25m
MARILLION MISPLACED CHILDHOOD Cd US $17.27 Buy It Now 2h 38m
MARILLION SCRIPT FOR A JESTERS TEAR Cd US $17.76 Buy It Now 3h 26m
MARILLION 'LAVENDER' UK PRESSED PICTURE DISC 12" SINGLE US $25.34 Buy It Now 4h 50m
MARILLION 'INCOMMUNICADO' UK 12" SINGLE US $10.12 Buy It Now 4h 50m
MARILLION 'NO ONE CAN' UK PICTURE DISC 12" SINGLE US $15.20 Buy It Now 4h 50m
MARILLION 'DRY LAND' UK PICTURE DISC 12" SINGLE US $16.89 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Marillion(7" Vinyl P/S)The Hollow Man-Epic-DINK 1-UK-NM/VG+ US $10.12 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Marillion - The Singles '82-88' NEW 3 x CD US $15.30 Buy It Now 6h 27m
MARILLION Freaks 1988 UK 7" Vinyl Single Live Kayleigh Excellent Condition US $16.89 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood 2008 (NEW CD) US $16.46 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Marillion - Best Of Both Worlds (NEW CD) US $19.00 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Marillion - Holidays In Eden (NEW CD) US $19.00 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Marillion - Thieving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra, Live Recording, 1988) - Fast Post US $13.51 Buy It Now 6h 58m
MARILLION- Live in Walsall 1990 CD (MINT Limited Edition) OOP Rare FISH PROG US $16.89 Buy It Now 7h 11m
MARILLION 'SEASONS END' UK LP US $16.89 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MARILLION 'REAL TO REEL' UK LP US $13.51 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MARILLION 'FUGAZI' UK LP US $15.20 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MARILLION - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $25.34 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MARILLION - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $25.34 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Marillion - Season's End (NEW CD) US $14.77 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Marillion - Afraid Of Sunlight (NEW CD) US $19.00 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Marillion- Garden Party (The Great Cucumber Massacre) 7" US $8.43 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Marillion- Hooks In You 7" US $6.76 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Marillion- Punch And Judy 7" US $10.12 Buy It Now 7h 17m
VARIOUS ARTISTS 'ROCK THE NATION' UK DOUBLE LP KISS BON JOVI MARILLION US $16.89 Buy It Now 7h 23m
MARILLION - SOMEWHERE IN LONDON - SMACD1007 US $24.36 Buy It Now 7h 39m
MARILLION - LAVENDER 7" 85 VG US $1.66 [1 bids]
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain (NEW CD) US $28.30 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Marillion - Live From Loreley (NEW CD) US $19.00 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Marillion - Lavender / Freaks EMI MARIL-4 Ex Condition 7" Single US $6.74 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Marillion - Sight Sound (NEW CD+DVD) US $11.82 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Marillion - Early Stages: The Highlights (The Official Bootleg Coll (NEW 2 x CD) US $19.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $37.17 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Marillion-magazine advert US $8.43 Buy It Now 9h 18m
MARILLION ANORAKNOPHOBIA CD MADE IN BRAZIL FIRST PRESS 2001 EMI 8 TRACKS US $39.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
FISH MARILLION "A FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES" NEW & SEALED 2014 11 TRACK CD US $18.27 [2 bids]
RaRe Import MARILLION Assassin ROGER TAYLOR Man On Fire LITTLE STEVEN Promo LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 27m
Marillion - The Singles 89 95 (NEW 4CD) US $30.41 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Marillion - Afraid Of Sunlight (180Gm) (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $35.48 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Pendragon / Live in Lille JAPAN+1 Marillion w/Sticker PROMO!!!!! *C US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Marillion - Fugazi (NEW SPECIAL ED CD) US $16.46 Buy It Now 9h 50m
Marillion - Radiation 2013 [Vinyl New] US $31.78 Buy It Now 10h 26m
MARILLION B SIDES THEMSELVES 1988 EMI UK COMPILATION LP *NEAR MINT THROUGHOUT US $16.82 Buy It Now 10h 47m
FISH Big Wedge 1989 UK 12" vinyl single EXCELLENT CONDITION Marillion US $13.51 Buy It Now 10h 51m
FISH A Gentleman's Excuse Me UK 12" vinyl single EXCELLENT CONDITION Marillion US $12.32 Buy It Now 10h 54m
MARILLION-THE THIEVING MAGPIE CASSETTE US $6.93 [0 bids]
Marillion : Holidays In Eden - USA Release CD I.R.S. US $13.44 Buy It Now 11h 30m
EURYTHMICS SEXCRIME MARILLION MEDLEYS 7" BRAZIL PROMO EXCLUSIVE P/S US $7.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD SCORPIONS YAZOO QUEEN MARILLION ... check shipping costs description US $99.00 Buy It Now 12h 5m
V.A.1982 A Time to Remember 20 Songs w/Kate Bush,Marillion,Blondie,America. US $5.95 [0 bids]
Marillion - Early Stages: The Highlights (the Official Bootleg Colle NEW 2 x CD US $17.59 Buy It Now 12h 47m
MARILLION - Holidays In Eden + UK Tour Dates -1991 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.61 Buy It Now 12h 59m
KERRANG 84 JIMMY PAGE ROBIN GEORGE MARILLION KROKUS US $8.43 Buy It Now 13h 3m
Marillion-1989 poster size press advert US $25.34 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Arena - The Cry (CD 1997) Marillion Prog Rock USA SHIPPING 8$ US $12.00 Buy It Now 13h 7m
KERRANG 215 MARILLION YNGWIE CINDERELLA BRITNY FOX DLR US $8.43 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain Deluxe Collectors Box Set US $275.00 [21 bids]
FISH YIN & YANG BEST OF - "RELEASED 4 SEPT 1995 MARILLION 30X20cm CUTTING ADVERT US $6.74 Buy It Now 14h 49m
Marillion / Fish - A Gentlemans Excuse Me 7'' Picture Disc US $25.00 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Marillion / Fish - Big Wedge 12'' Picture Disc US $25.00 Buy It Now 15h 5m
Marillion - Recital Of The Script [CD New] US $27.38 Buy It Now 15h 24m
Fish / Marillion Internal Exile 12'' Picture Disc US $40.00 Buy It Now 15h 24m
MARILLION 1985 "Misplaced Childhood" LP (#'d PROMO) VG++ US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 29m
Fish / Marillion ''Vigil In The Wilderness Of Mirrors'' 12'' Picture Disc US $70.00 Buy It Now 15h 30m
Marillion / Fish - A Gentlemans Excuse Me 12'' Picture Disc US $50.00 Buy It Now 15h 36m
Marillion ''Kayleigh/Lady Nina'' 12'' Picture Disc US $40.00 Buy It Now 15h 43m
Marillion-Marillion - Somewhere Else CD NEW US $8.18 Buy It Now 15h 43m
MARILLION FUGAZI UK PRESSED 1984 GATEFOLD SLEEVE VINYL LP*NEAR MINT PROG. ALBUM US $16.82 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Marillion ''Heart of Lothian'' 12'' Picture Disc US $60.00 Buy It Now 15h 52m
MARILLION GARDEN PARTY THREE TRACK VINYL 12" SINGLE * EX /EX ITEM LAST ONE NOW * US $11.75 Buy It Now 16h 38m
Marillion - Early Stages: Official Bootleg Box Set 1982-1987 US $159.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION vinyl record INCOMMUNICADO (RARE UK PRESSING 1987) EMI RECORDS US $16.00 Buy It Now 17h 22m
MISPLACED CHILDHOOD LP (VINYL ALBUM) UK EMI 1985, Marillion, Acceptable US $10.23 Buy It Now 18h 29m
MARILLION vinyl record ASSASSING rare UK pressing 1984 EMI records US $21.00 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Marillion Real to Reel EMI Import Org Inner Sleeve 1984 Prog / Psych LP NM US $11.99 Buy It Now 19h 21m
Radiation 2013 by Marillion (CD, Mar-2013, 2 Discs, Snapper) US $10.47 Buy It Now 20h
MARILLION misplaced childhood LP Record 1985 RARE ST12431 US $22.50 Buy It Now 21h 6m
Marillion Best Sounds Chile 2014 Racket Rare Made in Chile frc .Unique Cover US $15.00 [0 bids]
Marillion-Clutching At Straws (CD 1987) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Marillion - Six Of One, Half~Dozen Of The Other CD (1992) Singles Collection US $3.75 [0 bids]
MARILLION**MARILLION.COM (DELUXE EDITION/36-PG BOOKLET/DIGIPAK)**CD US $15.21 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION SELLING FISH BY THE POUND LP ONLY 500 COPIES!!! LIMITED UK NM!!! US $299.00 [0 bids]
Triumvirat Spartacus SEALED Deluxe Ed 2003 USA CD w/4 bns Live Marillion Genesis US $37.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION -lavender- ISRAEL HEBREW PROMO ULTRA RARE ISRAELI 12 inch EP US $5.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION -SEASONS END- ISRAEL HEBREW PROMO ULTRA RARE ISRAELI CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
FISH Internal exile 7" METAL ROCK MARILLION US $5.05 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION - "He Knows You Know"/"Charting The Single" - 1983 1st UK 12" Single US $19.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION - CLUTCHING AT STRAWS CD ALBUM US $9.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion - B'Sides Themselves (CD) 9 Tracks - Nr Mint - Fast Postage - Rare US $11.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion - Radiation 2013 Vinyl Record LP US $37.47 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION assassin 12 MARIL 2 uk emi 1984 12" PS EX+/EX US $31.83 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION punch and judy 12 MARIL 1 uk emi 1984 12" PS EX+/EX US $15.21 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION - Heart Of Lothian 7" vinyl single 1985 Chelsea Monday US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION - Uninvited Guest + UK Tour Dates -1989 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.61 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Kayleigh ratings distribution

MARILLION Kayleigh reviews

Review by Trotsky
3 stars This is one of those budget best-ofs that I picked up when I was just switching to the CD format. It covers just Fish-era Marillion, and as it includes three great B-sides not available on the four original studio LPs (Scripts For A Jester's Tear, Fugazi, Misplaced Childhood and Clutching At Straws) the band put out during that golden period, I think I will hold on to it. Because of some glaring omissions, I have little doubt that a superior single CD compilation to cover this era could have been conjured up, but there really is some great neo-prog on here, and I'm sure it would make for a decent introduction to the band.

The greatest selling point (to proggers at least) has to be the 17 minute fantasy epic Grendel, which was initially issued only as part of an EP that showcased Marillion's first single Market Square Heroes. It is clearly influenced by early Genesis, although I feel the main part of the song suffers from a lightweight sound that doesn't match the epic tone of Fish's impassioned performance (the drum sound is really pathetic). Nonetheless there's enough class from guitarist Steve Rothery and keyboardist Mark Kelly to make sure this song is still one of the greatest prog moments of the 80s.

There are many fine songs here. The excellent ominous accusatory He Knows You Know, with some kick-ass Kelly synth lines that underpin the chorus, is one. Jigsaw which spends half its time being barely audible, and the other half soaring on a beautiful Fish chorus is another. Another B-side, Cinderella Search, is a memorable hard-rocker that drips with melancholy, while Lady Nina and Torch Song boast that massive Marillion sound I've come to love. There are also two classic slices of Marillion pop from the group's chart-topping album Misplaced Childhood ... Kayleigh and Lavender (which actually had to be extended to be long enough to be a single).

I don't quite like Punch & Judy, and the omission of early singles Market Square Heroes and Assassing, not to mention huge chuncks of the excellent Script For A Jester's Tear album as well as later efforts like the awesome Incommunicado and Warm Wet Circles, gives this compilation a pretty haphazard feel. Also Marillion fans who've bought B'Sides Themselves will have no use for this record. I have to admit though, that this is a convenient little pocket-sized snapshot of Marillion. ... 61% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#36940) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 19, 2005

Review by Tristan Mulders
2 stars Marillion - Kayleigh

In the mid 90s, several low profile record labels, "Disky" among others, decided to release compilation discs of Marillion's backcatalogue (with Fish). This release here is mostly a collection of singles, b-sides and a rare album track. Though the choices for the songs are obvious, I still do not have this release in high regard.

The fact that it is identical to the "Essential Collection" disc, except for the artwork, seems a bit like fanboy-exploitation to my ears. Surely most Marillion fans already own the songs included in this compilation and this release will therefore most likely only be bought by people who are totally unfamiliar with the band (Mainly buying it because it is so cheap, the average price is ? 5,-) or are die hard collectors of the bands output.

This album does not work as a singles collection, but also not as a brief overview of The Fish Years. I recommend to purchase another compilation on the Disky label instead. 2003's "Warm Wet Circles" is also a cheap compilation disc, but at least it features typical Marillion songs from the Fish era, mind you no Fugazi-related stuff included though.

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#80214) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 03, 2006

Review by evenless
3 stars Cheap compilation or great introduction to the early Marillion?

I probably picked up this Marillion compilation disc some ten years ago for a couple of bucks. (guilders actually). I guess it got my interest because I wasn't too familiar with Marillion yet and who's going to miss 10 guilders (around 5 euros) anyway?

Of course I knew their hit single Kayleigh, but furthermore all tracks I was unfamiliar with. And I must say what a surprise was the opening track "Grendel" to me! Wow! This track was initially some B-side I believe and later on re-released in 1997 as a bonus disc for the Script Of A Jester's Tear album. This track has all Prog elements in it that make the genre so appealing: many shifting moods, soft vocals, loud vocals, great drumming and wonderful guitar play. I fell completely in love with this song and think it's one of Marillion's highlights.

Then of course there's "Kayleigh", but the other 7 tracks are all really worth it as well. So what is my final conclusion/rating on this compilation disc? Difficult! As to Marillion fans this release is completely irrelevant and abundant. But to people who aren't or weren't familiar with the Fish-era Marillion yet, I would highly recommend it! But as from 1997 I my recommendation would probably go out to the re-issue of the 1983 Script . album.

So probably 2 stars for Marillion fans, but 4 stars for newbie's.

Send comments to evenless (BETA) | Report this review (#114997) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars From my early reviews onwards, you know that I am almost working chronologically. This means that I'll review whatever is possible of the great Fish Marillion era before starting with their second period.

I am an old dirty freak. Having experienced all major rock influences during the last thirty five years. You can easily know where my roots are in terms of prog, should you just ckick on my reviewer nickname and have a look at my reviews.

I have already said that I discovered Marillion only a few years ago (2001). A colleague of mine introduced me to "Misplaced". And here we go.

I was just nuts about the band (although I belong to the "No More Heroes" generation). I started a crazy Marillion quest, wanting to grab whatever was possible (official releases or not - and believe me, there are an awful lot of great unofficial releases) from the Fish era of course.

Some will argue that he is trying to emulate Peter (I guess you all know whom I am talking about). Yes, you are right. So, what ?

I spent fabulous years listening to one of the most fanstastic and creative band on earth : Genesis.

I was only 15 at that time (1974) and emotion was already a major theme for me. For lots of reasons (which I soon will outline in my reviewer profile), I put a hold to any prog music in 1978. Little by little my enourmous love for this this music grew back. And all of a sudden, I discovered Marillion.

Very few times in my life I will be transported to such a level of souvenirs. It seemed that "Script" almost reverted me into the glorious days (you know, the early seventies ones).

I am EXTREMELLY thankfull to Marillion to have brought me back there.

There will be lots of compilation works from the Fish era. I have to say that this is a good one. It features some of the most achieved Marillion songs (although lots of progheads are reluctant when listening to it). Yes, "Grendel". I do not know how many friends I turned into a Marillion fan thanks to this one.

Thanks to the liner notes, you will discover some useful informaton about the band and their charting history.

All the songs featured here are extremely catchy and belong to the poppiest early Marillion repertoire. Except "Grendel" of course. I bought this one several years ago in London (city to which I use to go every year with my brother to buy some interesting stuff and attend great concert like "The Musical Box" in 2005 as well as 2007 (at the Royal Albert Hall).

Even if several songs are edited, they belong to the classic early Marillion repertoire. As such I would rate this compilation with four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#123518) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 26, 2007

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars I only got hold of this for 'Grendel' and it was a nice budget way of grabbing this ecletic immortal epic track. All the other tracks are simply easy to get Marillion from their best albums to this point. Kayleigh is such a brilliant track I could listen to it as infinitum however I missed that beautiful intro 'Pseudo Silk Kimodo' so I recommend the CD 'Misplaced Childhood' over this of course.

Back to 'Grendel' - it is 17 minutes of pure prog bliss and simply one of the greatest epic length tracks I have heard along with Genesis' Suppers Ready or Caravans' Nine Feet Underground.

The other tracks on this compilation are all fan favourites so grab this out of the bargain bin and enjoy the best of these masters of neo prog.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#224284) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 02, 2009

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars I've made the mistake of buying this album after having already bought B'Sides Themselves. What EMI has done is just replacing a couple of songs respect to B'Sides and propose almost the same package giving it a title that should have been more attractive. Kayleigh was and probably is still the only big success that Marillion had with the mainstream consumers, recognisable also by those were not aware of an album called Misplaced Childhood.

Even if almost identical to B'sides I can't give it the same rating as it came after and doesn't add anything to the previous.

Marillion fans can stay away as they already have all the music inside, non-fans can start from anything else.

An useless album released only to make some cash with old material. Very bad that the same material has been used twice for the same purpose.

I see no reasons to buy it, neither the sleeve design which includes shots from the first albums with the exception of the one which gives the title that's replaced by B'sides, like it was considered an official one from which making a compilation. I think Torch Song was actually unreleased, but this doesn't change the rating.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#457612) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 06, 2011

4 stars A range of old (Fish-period) songs for a very low price (about seven euro in Holland), but NOT POP-ORIENTATED! Even people who just want to buy the popular Kayleigh-song, are immediately confrontated with Grendel, one of the strongest progressive songs after the seventies. That makes this album grea ... (read more)

Report this review (#12344) | Posted by Eb.Eb. | Monday, December 22, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Kayleigh"