KAYLEIGH

Good, but non-essential

Buy MARILLION Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1996

1. Grendel (17:16)
2. He knows you know (5:22)
3. Jigsaw (6:50)
4. Punch and Judy (3:22)
5. Cinderella search (edited) (4:22)
6. Kayleigh (single) (3:32)
7. Lavender (single) (3:40)
8. Lady Nina (edited) (3:43)
9. Torch song (4:05)

Search MARILLION Kayleigh lyrics

Search MARILLION Kayleigh tabs

- Fish / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Ian Mosley / drums
- Mick Pointer / drums, percussion (1)
- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

Disky: DC 867182 (0 7243 4 86718 2 0)

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Kayleigh Music

KayleighKayleigh
Disky Records 1996
Freaks Live / Kayleigh, LiveFreaks Live / Kayleigh, Live
Single
Vinyl$15.99 (used)
Garden Party Live b/w Kayleigh/Script for a Jester's Tear [German Import]Garden Party Live b/w Kayleigh/Script for a Jester's Tear [German Import]
Vinyl$11.99 (used)
Kayleigh (1985) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Kayleigh (1985) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
Vinyl$9.98 (used)
Kayleigh (1985) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']Kayleigh (1985) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']
Vinyl$6.84 (used)
CAPITOL
Vinyl$16.99 (used)
Kayleigh 12 Inch (12Kayleigh 12 Inch (12" Vinyl Single) UK EMI 1985
Vinyl$15.00 (used)
Marillion - Kayleigh - EMI - 1C 006-20 0638 7, EMI - 1C 006 20 0638 7Marillion - Kayleigh - EMI - 1C 006-20 0638 7, EMI - 1C 006 20 0638 7
Vinyl$9.90 (used)
MARILLION Sympathy 7" B/w Kayleigh Live Pic Sleeve UK Emi 1992 USD $8.20 Buy It Now 3h 2m
MARILLION/SILENT RUNNING/BELOUIS SOME Kayleigh/no Faith Is Blind/some People 7" USD $8.20 Buy It Now 3h 2m
MARILLION KAYLEIGH 12" P/S UK USD $12.52 Buy It Now 6h 11m
MARILLION MISPLACED CHILDHOOD LP G/FOLD COVER WITH KAYLEIGH PRINTED ON FRONT AND USD $21.90 Buy It Now 10h 49m
MARILLION, SYMPATHY B/W KAYLEIGH (LIVE VERSION) ,7" VINYL USD $1.17 [0 bids]
Marillion - Kayleigh - CD Album Fish USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion - Kayleigh / Lady Nina, EMI MARIL-3 Ex Condition 7" Single USD $5.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION Kayleigh 45 Free Combined U.S. Shipping USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MARILLION, KAYLEIGH ,7" VINYL USD $0.39 [0 bids]
MARILLION - KAYLEIGH CD USD $7.34 Buy It Now 1 day
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Kayleigh (EMI) {EX} USD $9.29 Buy It Now 1 day
[12'' MAXI] Marillion,Kayleigh (EMI) {NM} USD $11.69 Buy It Now 2 days
MARILLION kayleigh (Alternative) / Extended / Lady Nina (Extended) VG (SGLE 12") USD $9.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Marillion Sympathy / Kayleigh / Dy Land UK Picture Disc 12" With Picture Sleeve USD $24.49 Buy It Now 2 days
MARILLION ~ FREAKS (Live)/ KAYLEIGH (Live)~ 7" UK VINYL 45 ~Picture Sleeve~NM+ USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Marillion Kayleigh, Lady Nina Uk 12" USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MARILLION. Kayleigh 12" . P/S. USD $3.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Marillion - Kayleigh - The Essential Collection (1998) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $15.57 Buy It Now 3 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - Excellent Condition 7" Single EMI MARIL 3 USD $7.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Marillion - Sympathy/Kayleigh 2 Track Vinyl 7" Single NEW USD $0.78 [0 bids]
MARILLION SINGLE MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * KAYLEIGH * USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MARILLION "Kayleigh"/"Heart Of Lothian" - 7" Single 1985 1st US w/PS - NM RARE! USD $17.88 Buy It Now 4 days
MARILLION Kayleigh 1985 UK 3-track 12" vinyl single,EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $12.50 Buy It Now 5 days
MARILLION-SYMPATHY/KAYLEIGH UK rock 45+PS USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Marillion Kayleigh (PS) 12" Vinyl Single USD $14.86 Buy It Now 5 days
MARILLION GERMAN 1985 7" Single KAYLEIGH USD $5.46 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - 7" Vinyl Record - RARE USD $2.33 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION KAYLEIGH-alt mix+ extended mix/LADY NINA extended version USD $12.52 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION, KAYLEIGH, VG/VG, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, EMI, MARIL 3, USD $2.64 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION - KAYLEIGH (12" SINGLE) USD $3.90 [0 bids]
Marillion - Kayleigh 7" Vinyl USD $3.11 [0 bids]
Marillion 7" Kayleigh USA Promo + PS Fish USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - Inlcuded on 1985 3-track promo-only flexi-disc USD $17.58 Buy It Now 8 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - 1985 UK 7" vinyl single USD $11.72 Buy It Now 8 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - 1985 UK 7" Single USD $11.72 Buy It Now 8 days
Marillion 45 Kayleigh Heart of Lothian - MINT USD $49.24 Buy It Now 8 days
MARILLION USA DJ 7" 45 KAYLEIGH on Capitol 5493, 1984 rarity USD $6.80 Buy It Now 8 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - 1985 UK 7" Vinyl Single Inc Sleeve USD $11.72 Buy It Now 8 days
Fish Yang 1980-95 CD *SEALED* Marillion Kayleigh Lavender Remixes USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MARILLION kayleigh 12 MARIL 3 uk emi 1985 12" PS EX/EX USD $14.06 Buy It Now 10 days
MARILLION-Kayleigh CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed USD $9.76 Buy It Now 10 days
MARILLION Freaks 1988 UK 7" Vinyl Single Live Kayleigh Excellent Condition USD $15.63 Buy It Now 11 days
Marillion 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) Kayleigh UK 12MARIL3 EMI 1985 USD $17.12 Buy It Now 11 days
Marillion ''Kayleigh/Lady Nina'' 12'' Picture Disc USD $40.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MARILLION Kayleigh 12" Ps, 3 Tracks Inc Alternative Mix/Extd Version/Lady Nina- USD $12.50 Buy It Now 11 days
MARILLION Sympathy 12" Picture Disc+Backing Card, 3 Tracks Inc Kayleigh+Dry Lan USD $15.63 Buy It Now 11 days
Marillion Freaks (Live) UK 45 7" single +Picture Sleeve +Kayleigh (Live) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
KayLeigh - Marillion (CD 1996) import AOR rock USD $7.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Marillion - Kayleigh (CD 1999) USD $9.39 Buy It Now 12 days
Marillion : Fish's Misplaced Childhood Article & Songwords To Kayleigh USD $10.17 Buy It Now 12 days
Marillion : Kayleigh Single Advert 11x8 USD $12.52 Buy It Now 12 days
Marillion : The Ultra Selection CD KAYLEIGH,GRENDEL,LAVENDER, ETC 80's ROCK USD $15.61 Buy It Now 13 days
DURAN DURAN SAVE A PRAYER MARILLION KAYLEIGH CD BRAZIL ONLY 1999 LIVE IN CONCERT USD $39.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Marillion - Kayleigh 12" Vinyl Record in Picture Sleeve USD $12.50 Buy It Now 13 days
Marillion - Kayleigh 12" 1985 Ex/G EMI 12MARIL3 USD $10.15 Buy It Now 14 days
Marillion - Kayleigh 7" 1985 Ex/Ex EMI MARIL3 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 14 days
Marillion - Kayleigh UK 7" USD $6.24 Buy It Now 14 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - MARILLION - KAYLEIGH - MARIL 3 USD $10.94 Buy It Now 14 days
MARILLION Freaks (Live) / Kayleigh (LIve) UK 7" VINYL SINGLE IN PICTURE SLEEVE USD $7.81 Buy It Now 14 days
MARILLION- Freaks Live EP 1988 CD (RARE OOP) 4 Tracks - Kayleigh/White Feather USD $10.89 Buy It Now 14 days
Marillion Kayleigh Extended & Alt + Lady Nina Extended 12 Inch Vinyl USD $8.75 Buy It Now 14 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - 1996 - CD - DC 867182 - UPC 0 724348 671820 - Made Hollan USD $3.89 Buy It Now 14 days
MARILLION Misplaced Childhood LP Kayleigh Lavender Heart Of Lothian USD $15.65 Buy It Now 15 days
Marillion - Kayleigh - UK - 7" Picture Disc -1985 - NM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 15 days
MARILLION Kayleigh LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1990 BRAZILIAN RADIO COMPILATION USD $29.66 Buy It Now 15 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh - CD Album USD $3.11 Buy It Now 15 days
Marillion Kayleigh 2 mixes Us Dj12" USD $15.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Marillion, Kayleigh ~ 1985 Capitol 45 +PS USD $2.77 Buy It Now 16 days
MARILLION ( 2 ) 1985 PROG vinyl PS 45 set sale: U.S. KAYLEIGH / U.K. LAVENDER NM USD $15.95 Buy It Now 16 days
MARILLION 45 KAYLEIGH UK LADY NINA CLEAN USD $7.19 Buy It Now 17 days
MARILLION "KAYLEIGH" 45 RPM USD $3.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MARILLION kayleigh 1985 UK EMI 12" PS EP 45 USD $12.52 Buy It Now 17 days
VINYL 12" SINGLE - MARILLION - FREAKS - KAYLEIGH - 12MARIL9 USD $15.63 Buy It Now 18 days
MARILLION Kayleigh 7" Ps, B/W Lady Nina, Maril 3 (Ex-/Vg, Vinyl Has Light Surfa USD $6.24 Buy It Now 18 days
MARILLION Sympathy 7" Ps, B/W Kayleigh-Live Version, Maril 16 (Vinyl Ex- Light USD $7.81 Buy It Now 18 days
MARILLION- KAYLEIGH VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S USD $1.96 Buy It Now 18 days
Marillion Singles Collection CD NEW SEALED Kayleigh/Lavender/Incommunicado+ USD $7.81 Buy It Now 18 days
Marillion Kayleigh CD *SEALED* Lavender Punch & Judy USD $8.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (Kayleigh) - EMI Records Vinyl LP MRL 2 EX/VG+ USD $6.24 Buy It Now 19 days
Kayleigh by Marillion NEW SEALED CD, Mar-1999, Disky (Netherlands)) USD $9.98 Buy It Now 19 days
MARILLION-SYMPATHY / KAYLEIGH-LIVE -7" Vinyl-1992 USD $3.11 Buy It Now 19 days
MARILLION 1988 live UK 7" 45, FREAKS b/w KAYLEIGH w/PS, hard rock USD $9.00 Buy It Now 20 days
MARILLION Kayleigh Ex EMI 1985 UK P/S 12" USD $7.81 Buy It Now 21 days
MARILLION Kayleigh Ex+ EMI UK 1985 P/S 7" USD $4.68 Buy It Now 21 days
Marillion - Kayleigh 7" 1985 Ex/Vg EMI MARIL3 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 21 days
MARILLION: Kayleigh Limited 7 Inch Picture Disc Vinyl Single USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Marillion Kayleigh UK 7" vinyl single record MARIL3 EMI 1985 USD $15.55 Buy It Now 22 days
MARILLION..FREAKS/KAYLEIGH (LIVE)..EXCELLENT 1988 EMI PROG.ROCK 7"...MARIL 9 USD $4.69 Buy It Now 22 days
MARILLION ULTRASELECTION NEW CD KAYLEIGH,GRENDEL,LAVENDER,JIGSAW HE KNOWS YOU K USD $15.63 Buy It Now 22 days
MARILLION-KAYLEIGH-1985-GERMANY-MAXI-SINGLE 45RPM-LP-VERY GOOD+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Marillion Freaks (Live) UK 45 7" single +Picture Sleeve +Kayleigh (Live) USD $4.68 Buy It Now 22 days
MARILLION FREAKS LIVE / KAYLEIGH LIVE USD $10.17 Buy It Now 23 days
MARILLION - Kayleigh ~ 12" Single PS USD $14.06 Buy It Now 23 days
MARILLION---Kayleigh---12"Vinyl Picture Disc USD $27.38 Buy It Now 24 days
MARILLION---Kayleigh---12"Vinyl USD $7.04 Buy It Now 24 days
MARILLION kayleigh 7" PS EX/EX german 1C 006 20 0638 7 USD $15.47 Buy It Now 24 days
MARILLION Kayleigh 12" Vinyl Single 1985 EMI 12MARIL3 USD $10.94 Buy It Now 25 days
MARILLION: Kayleigh / Lady Nina 12 (UK, pic disc, PVC sleeve) Rock USD $35.00 Buy It Now 25 days
? Marillion - 12" Sympathy / Kayleigh (Pic Disc) (UK) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 25 days
MARILLION-Freaks (Live)/Kayleigh (Live) UK 7" VG+ Cond USD $7.81 Buy It Now 26 days

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Kayleigh ratings distribution

MARILLION Kayleigh reviews

Review by Trotsky
3 stars This is one of those budget best-ofs that I picked up when I was just switching to the CD format. It covers just Fish-era Marillion, and as it includes three great B-sides not available on the four original studio LPs (Scripts For A Jester's Tear, Fugazi, Misplaced Childhood and Clutching At Straws) the band put out during that golden period, I think I will hold on to it. Because of some glaring omissions, I have little doubt that a superior single CD compilation to cover this era could have been conjured up, but there really is some great neo-prog on here, and I'm sure it would make for a decent introduction to the band.

The greatest selling point (to proggers at least) has to be the 17 minute fantasy epic Grendel, which was initially issued only as part of an EP that showcased Marillion's first single Market Square Heroes. It is clearly influenced by early Genesis, although I feel the main part of the song suffers from a lightweight sound that doesn't match the epic tone of Fish's impassioned performance (the drum sound is really pathetic). Nonetheless there's enough class from guitarist Steve Rothery and keyboardist Mark Kelly to make sure this song is still one of the greatest prog moments of the 80s.

There are many fine songs here. The excellent ominous accusatory He Knows You Know, with some kick-ass Kelly synth lines that underpin the chorus, is one. Jigsaw which spends half its time being barely audible, and the other half soaring on a beautiful Fish chorus is another. Another B-side, Cinderella Search, is a memorable hard-rocker that drips with melancholy, while Lady Nina and Torch Song boast that massive Marillion sound I've come to love. There are also two classic slices of Marillion pop from the group's chart-topping album Misplaced Childhood ... Kayleigh and Lavender (which actually had to be extended to be long enough to be a single).

I don't quite like Punch & Judy, and the omission of early singles Market Square Heroes and Assassing, not to mention huge chuncks of the excellent Script For A Jester's Tear album as well as later efforts like the awesome Incommunicado and Warm Wet Circles, gives this compilation a pretty haphazard feel. Also Marillion fans who've bought B'Sides Themselves will have no use for this record. I have to admit though, that this is a convenient little pocket-sized snapshot of Marillion. ... 61% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#36940) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 19, 2005

Review by Tristan Mulders
2 stars Marillion - Kayleigh

In the mid 90s, several low profile record labels, "Disky" among others, decided to release compilation discs of Marillion's backcatalogue (with Fish). This release here is mostly a collection of singles, b-sides and a rare album track. Though the choices for the songs are obvious, I still do not have this release in high regard.

The fact that it is identical to the "Essential Collection" disc, except for the artwork, seems a bit like fanboy-exploitation to my ears. Surely most Marillion fans already own the songs included in this compilation and this release will therefore most likely only be bought by people who are totally unfamiliar with the band (Mainly buying it because it is so cheap, the average price is ? 5,-) or are die hard collectors of the bands output.

This album does not work as a singles collection, but also not as a brief overview of The Fish Years. I recommend to purchase another compilation on the Disky label instead. 2003's "Warm Wet Circles" is also a cheap compilation disc, but at least it features typical Marillion songs from the Fish era, mind you no Fugazi-related stuff included though.

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#80214) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 03, 2006

Review by evenless
3 stars Cheap compilation or great introduction to the early Marillion?

I probably picked up this Marillion compilation disc some ten years ago for a couple of bucks. (guilders actually). I guess it got my interest because I wasn't too familiar with Marillion yet and who's going to miss 10 guilders (around 5 euros) anyway?

Of course I knew their hit single Kayleigh, but furthermore all tracks I was unfamiliar with. And I must say what a surprise was the opening track "Grendel" to me! Wow! This track was initially some B-side I believe and later on re-released in 1997 as a bonus disc for the Script Of A Jester's Tear album. This track has all Prog elements in it that make the genre so appealing: many shifting moods, soft vocals, loud vocals, great drumming and wonderful guitar play. I fell completely in love with this song and think it's one of Marillion's highlights.

Then of course there's "Kayleigh", but the other 7 tracks are all really worth it as well. So what is my final conclusion/rating on this compilation disc? Difficult! As to Marillion fans this release is completely irrelevant and abundant. But to people who aren't or weren't familiar with the Fish-era Marillion yet, I would highly recommend it! But as from 1997 I my recommendation would probably go out to the re-issue of the 1983 Script . album.

So probably 2 stars for Marillion fans, but 4 stars for newbie's.

Send comments to evenless (BETA) | Report this review (#114997) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars From my early reviews onwards, you know that I am almost working chronologically. This means that I'll review whatever is possible of the great Fish Marillion era before starting with their second period.

I am an old dirty freak. Having experienced all major rock influences during the last thirty five years. You can easily know where my roots are in terms of prog, should you just ckick on my reviewer nickname and have a look at my reviews.

I have already said that I discovered Marillion only a few years ago (2001). A colleague of mine introduced me to "Misplaced". And here we go.

I was just nuts about the band (although I belong to the "No More Heroes" generation). I started a crazy Marillion quest, wanting to grab whatever was possible (official releases or not - and believe me, there are an awful lot of great unofficial releases) from the Fish era of course.

Some will argue that he is trying to emulate Peter (I guess you all know whom I am talking about). Yes, you are right. So, what ?

I spent fabulous years listening to one of the most fanstastic and creative band on earth : Genesis.

I was only 15 at that time (1974) and emotion was already a major theme for me. For lots of reasons (which I soon will outline in my reviewer profile), I put a hold to any prog music in 1978. Little by little my enourmous love for this this music grew back. And all of a sudden, I discovered Marillion.

Very few times in my life I will be transported to such a level of souvenirs. It seemed that "Script" almost reverted me into the glorious days (you know, the early seventies ones).

I am EXTREMELLY thankfull to Marillion to have brought me back there.

There will be lots of compilation works from the Fish era. I have to say that this is a good one. It features some of the most achieved Marillion songs (although lots of progheads are reluctant when listening to it). Yes, "Grendel". I do not know how many friends I turned into a Marillion fan thanks to this one.

Thanks to the liner notes, you will discover some useful informaton about the band and their charting history.

All the songs featured here are extremely catchy and belong to the poppiest early Marillion repertoire. Except "Grendel" of course. I bought this one several years ago in London (city to which I use to go every year with my brother to buy some interesting stuff and attend great concert like "The Musical Box" in 2005 as well as 2007 (at the Royal Albert Hall).

Even if several songs are edited, they belong to the classic early Marillion repertoire. As such I would rate this compilation with four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#123518) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 26, 2007

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars I only got hold of this for 'Grendel' and it was a nice budget way of grabbing this ecletic immortal epic track. All the other tracks are simply easy to get Marillion from their best albums to this point. Kayleigh is such a brilliant track I could listen to it as infinitum however I missed that beautiful intro 'Pseudo Silk Kimodo' so I recommend the CD 'Misplaced Childhood' over this of course.

Back to 'Grendel' - it is 17 minutes of pure prog bliss and simply one of the greatest epic length tracks I have heard along with Genesis' Suppers Ready or Caravans' Nine Feet Underground.

The other tracks on this compilation are all fan favourites so grab this out of the bargain bin and enjoy the best of these masters of neo prog.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#224284) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 02, 2009

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars I've made the mistake of buying this album after having already bought B'Sides Themselves. What EMI has done is just replacing a couple of songs respect to B'Sides and propose almost the same package giving it a title that should have been more attractive. Kayleigh was and probably is still the only big success that Marillion had with the mainstream consumers, recognisable also by those were not aware of an album called Misplaced Childhood.

Even if almost identical to B'sides I can't give it the same rating as it came after and doesn't add anything to the previous.

Marillion fans can stay away as they already have all the music inside, non-fans can start from anything else.

An useless album released only to make some cash with old material. Very bad that the same material has been used twice for the same purpose.

I see no reasons to buy it, neither the sleeve design which includes shots from the first albums with the exception of the one which gives the title that's replaced by B'sides, like it was considered an official one from which making a compilation. I think Torch Song was actually unreleased, but this doesn't change the rating.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#457612) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 06, 2011

4 stars A range of old (Fish-period) songs for a very low price (about seven euro in Holland), but NOT POP-ORIENTATED! Even people who just want to buy the popular Kayleigh-song, are immediately confrontated with Grendel, one of the strongest progressive songs after the seventies. That makes this album grea ... (read more)

Report this review (#12344) | Posted by Eb.Eb. | Monday, December 22, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Kayleigh"