KAYLEIGH

Good, but non-essential

Buy MARILLION Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1996

1. Grendel (17:16)
2. He knows you know (5:22)
3. Jigsaw (6:50)
4. Punch and Judy (3:22)
5. Cinderella search (edited) (4:22)
6. Kayleigh (single) (3:32)
7. Lavender (single) (3:40)
8. Lady Nina (edited) (3:43)
9. Torch song (4:05)

Search MARILLION Kayleigh lyrics

Search MARILLION Kayleigh tabs

- Fish / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Ian Mosley / drums
- Mick Pointer / drums, percussion (1)
- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

Disky: DC 867182 (0 7243 4 86718 2 0)

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Kayleigh Music

Somewhere in LondonSomewhere in London
Madfish Records UK 2013
Classic AlbumsClassic Albums
EMI Import 2011
Marillion Between you and me / map of the world CD 2001 US $5.49 Buy It Now 51m 46s
Marillion.Com by Marillion CD Import 1999 US $3.29 Buy It Now 51m 46s
MARILLION ~ Real To Reel ~ VINYL LP US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Marillion * Clutching At Straws * (CD 1987) * Original Capitol Records recording US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 46m
MARILLION - SOUNDS THAT CAN'T BE MADE NEW CD US $19.22 Buy It Now 1h 59m
MARILLION ~ Lavender Blue ~ 12" Single PICTURE DISC US $18.63 Buy It Now 3h 9m
CD Album: Marillion : Friends : Live Marillion Weekend Zelande Netherlands 2007 US $33.03 [0 bids]
MARILLION - SEASONS END NEW CD US $17.33 Buy It Now 3h 49m
MARILLION - CLUTCHING AT STRAWS NEW CD US $34.12 Buy It Now 4h
MARILLION MISPLACED CHILDHOOD LP VINYL NEW US $38.27 Buy It Now 4h 12m
MARILLION kayleigh (Alternative) / Extended / Lady Nina (Extended) VG (SGLE 12") US $9.89 Buy It Now 5h
Slip Quinn: Marillion : Clocks Already Ticking : 3 CDs & 2 DVDs NTSC US $62.41 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Slip Single: Marillion : Don't Hurt Yourself EP US $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 55m
MARILLION - RECITAL OF THE SCRIPT NEW CD US $32.19 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Marillion-magazine advert US $8.31 Buy It Now 6h 34m
(ship worldwide) MARILLION - A SUNDAY NIGHT ABOVE THE RAIN DVD 2014 (brand new) US $27.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
(ship worldwide) MARILLION - A SUNDAY NIGHT ABOVE THE RAIN BLU-RAY 2014 NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Marillion, Grendel, NEW/MINT Ltd edition PICTURE DISC 12" vinyl single RSD 2013 US $23.29 Buy It Now 7h
MARILLION Fugazi JAPAN LP w/Obi+Insert EMS-81647 Former-Rental FREE S US $39.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION - MISPLACED CHILDHOOD/SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR - NEW CD BOXSET US $7.41 Buy It Now 7h 21m
MARILLION - Sugar mice - 7" single US $3.81 Buy It Now 7h 34m
High Voltage Festival: Recorded Live, 25th July 2010 [Digipak] by Marillion... US $24.20 Buy It Now 8h 3m
MARILLION/Ltd Edition/CD Platinum Disc Record/SCRIPT FOR A JESTERS TEAR US $124.83 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Marillion Incommunicado , Going Under Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Marillion Lavender Blue,Freaks ,Lavender Uk 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Marillion Sympathy PICTURE DISC Uk 12" US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Marillion - B'sides Themselves NEW CD US $8.06 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood / Script For A Jester's Tear (2CD 2011) NEW US $16.61 Buy It Now 9h
Marillion Misplaced Childhood CD new US $11.99 Buy It Now 10h 9m
MARILLION UK 1991 12" Single with POSTER Cover My Eyes DiscNEW US $9.14 Buy It Now 10h 19m
Marillion - B-Sides Themselves - music cd album US $13.23 Buy It Now 10h 54m
6 TAPES! MARILLION - Misplaced Childhoods Fugazi, B'sides, Script for a jester.. US $25.00 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood LP first pressing UK issue from 1985 EMI MRL 2 US $4.98 [0 bids]
MARILLION Cover My Eyes / How Can It Hurt / The Party 12" VINYL SINGLE + POSTER US $13.30 Buy It Now 11h 41m
MARILLION Dry Land LTD EDITION 12" PICTURE DISC VINYL SINGLE EMI RECORDS US $21.62 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MARILLION Easter/The Release/Uninvited Guest 1990 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $13.32 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MARILLION Freaks/Kayleigh/Childhoods End/White Feather live 12" VINYL SINGLE US $13.30 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MARILLION Heart of Lothian / Chelsea Monday 1985 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $12.48 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MARILLION Hooks In You / After Me 1989 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE 12 MARIL 10 US $12.48 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MARILLION Incommunicado / Going Under 1987 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE US $13.32 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MARILLION Punch and Judy/Market Square Heroes/Three Boats Down..12" VINYL SINGLE US $16.63 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MARILLION FUGAZI 28 PAGE BOOKLET 2 CD JEWEL CASE US $11.69 Buy It Now 11h 45m
CLASSIC ROCK CD NO 3 - MARILLION/DIO/JUDIE TZUKE/DEEP PURPLE (REF E3) US $6.64 Buy It Now 12h 14m
MARILLION - THE THIEVING MAGPIE DOUBLE VINYL G/FOLD LP MARL1 1988 US $21.62 Buy It Now 12h 19m
KERRANG 257 MARILLION CORONER + FASTER PUSSYCAT FLEXI US $13.30 Buy It Now 12h 22m
MARILLION: He Knows You Know/Chelsea Monday 12" PROMO LP Ships from SWEDEN Fish US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 23m
FISH FORTUNES OF WAR BRAND NEW CD +2 FREE SUNSETS & MIRROR EX MARILLION FRONTMAN US $29.95 [0 bids]
MARILLION A PISS UP IN A BREWERY CHRISTMAS 2000 CD RARE US $66.57 [0 bids]
MARILLION + FISH - "WELCOME TO THE VIDEOS" - DVD US $39.99 [0 bids]
Marillion Lavender 7" Single - EX US $0.83 [0 bids]
Marillion Garden Party 7" Single - VVG US $0.83 [0 bids]
MARILLION AND FISH Vintage Badges and Keyring 6 x Badges and 1 x Keyring US $5.41 [1 bids]
14h
RARE! Sushi Live in Utrecht by Fish (2 Discs Dick Bros) Austria Import Marillion US $10.39 Buy It Now 14h 2m
MARILLION-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.98 Buy It Now 14h 48m
CD Album: Marillion : Somewhere Else US $16.63 Buy It Now 14h 54m
Fish - CD 2001 - Fellini Days (Marillion) US $8.31 [14 bids]
Marillion Welcome To The Garden Party 1986 Tour Programme US $29.95 Buy It Now 14h 55m
Marillion Misplaced Childhood 1985 Tour Programme US $16.63 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Marillion Fugazi Tour Programme AUTOGRAPHED US $41.60 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Marillion - Brave - Polish Release US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h
Marillion Real To Real 1984 Tour Programme US $24.95 Buy It Now 15h 12m
MARILLION SIGNED CD SINGLE US $9.16 [8 bids]
FISH (MARILLION) original gatefold Vinyl 2LP 13TH Star (2008) US $299.99 Buy It Now 15h 53m
MARILLION ULTRA SELECTION CD *NEW* W/ SLIPCASE US $17.95 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Script for a Jester's Tear [Remaster] by Marillion (CD, Sep-1997, 2 Discs,... US $9.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION Misplace Childhood GATEFOLD US $14.96 Buy It Now 16h 33m
MARILLION original gatefold Vinyl 2LP Brave (1994) US $299.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
MARILLION original Vinyl LP Afraid Of Sunlight (1995) US $379.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
MARILLION original Vinyl LP Holidays In Eden (1991) US $99.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
MARILLION Picture Vinyl 2LP Best Of Both Worlds (1997) US $129.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
MARILLION - The Thieving Magpie - 1989 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.49 Buy It Now 16h 51m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood - NEW EU 2013 Vinyl LP GTFLD SEALED Free Ship US $39.90 Buy It Now 17h 7m
Marillion Sympathy / Kayleigh / Dy Land UK Picture Disc 12" With Picture Sleeve US $34.99 Buy It Now 17h 22m
MARILLION ~ FREAKS (Live)/ KAYLEIGH (Live)~ 7" UK VINYL 45 ~Picture Sleeve~NM+ US $14.95 Buy It Now 17h 27m
marillion fanclub christmas cd #7, christmas 2004 US $50.00 [0 bids]
MARILLION - BEST SOUNDS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $23.04 Buy It Now 18h 9m
Marillion Hooks In You Uk 12" US $17.99 Buy It Now 18h 35m
Marillion Kayleigh, Lady Nina Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 35m
Marillion Market Square Heroes Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 35m
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain 2 CD 2014 - PRE ORDER JULY 8th US $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 37m
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain DVD 2014 - PRE ORDER JULY 8th US $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 39m
Marillion The Singles 89-95 Progressive Rock Music 4x CD Box Set New US $29.95 Buy It Now 19h 33m
Marillion Reel To Reel 7 Track Cassette US $11.22 Buy It Now 19h 48m
MARILLION FANCLUB CHRISTMAS CD #8 US $45.00 [0 bids]
Marillion Zodiac CD Mega Rare US $79.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Marillion Between You And Me CD Single Rare Mint Genesis Yes Fish Pendragon US $59.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Marillion The Hollow Man Part 2 Single CD Rare Marbles New Fish US $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Marillion FRC 13 Live CD Brave Made Again Tour Fish Rush Yes Dream Theater US $39.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Wishing Tree CD Marillion Fish Genesis Carnival Of Souls Steve Rothery Original US $30.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Crash Course Rare CD New Marillion Fish Genesis Pendragon Pallas Porcupine Tree US $99.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Marillion The Hollow Man Part One 1 Single CD Rare Marbles New Fish US $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 44m
Pain Of Salvation Perfect Element CD Marillion Dream Theater Transatlantic Impor US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 44m
H Natural Selection CD Marillion Steve Hogarth FRC Transatlantic US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 44m
Marillion Live At Walsall 1990 Rare Fish CD Transatlantic Genesis Dream Theater US $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 44m
FISH rare issue INTERNAL EXILE 1991 U.K. Import CD 9 tracks MARILLION Genesis US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 48m
MARILLION PICTURE DISC HEART OF LOTHIAN vinyl record 12MARILP5 1985 US $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 10m
Brave by Marillion (CD, Feb-1994, I.R.S. Records (U.S.) Best Price on Ebay US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 27m
MARILLION - Misplaced Childhood Original 1985 Capital EMI CD 46160 10-Tracks US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 31m
MARILLION GRENDEL LTD ED. 12" Picture Disc Record Store Day Exclusive RSD New US $37.95 [0 bids]
LEO SAYER Marillion BABYS Spandau Ballet GO WEST comp US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Kayleigh ratings distribution

MARILLION Kayleigh reviews

Review by Trotsky
3 stars This is one of those budget best-ofs that I picked up when I was just switching to the CD format. It covers just Fish-era Marillion, and as it includes three great B-sides not available on the four original studio LPs (Scripts For A Jester's Tear, Fugazi, Misplaced Childhood and Clutching At Straws) the band put out during that golden period, I think I will hold on to it. Because of some glaring omissions, I have little doubt that a superior single CD compilation to cover this era could have been conjured up, but there really is some great neo-prog on here, and I'm sure it would make for a decent introduction to the band.

The greatest selling point (to proggers at least) has to be the 17 minute fantasy epic Grendel, which was initially issued only as part of an EP that showcased Marillion's first single Market Square Heroes. It is clearly influenced by early Genesis, although I feel the main part of the song suffers from a lightweight sound that doesn't match the epic tone of Fish's impassioned performance (the drum sound is really pathetic). Nonetheless there's enough class from guitarist Steve Rothery and keyboardist Mark Kelly to make sure this song is still one of the greatest prog moments of the 80s.

There are many fine songs here. The excellent ominous accusatory He Knows You Know, with some kick-ass Kelly synth lines that underpin the chorus, is one. Jigsaw which spends half its time being barely audible, and the other half soaring on a beautiful Fish chorus is another. Another B-side, Cinderella Search, is a memorable hard-rocker that drips with melancholy, while Lady Nina and Torch Song boast that massive Marillion sound I've come to love. There are also two classic slices of Marillion pop from the group's chart-topping album Misplaced Childhood ... Kayleigh and Lavender (which actually had to be extended to be long enough to be a single).

I don't quite like Punch & Judy, and the omission of early singles Market Square Heroes and Assassing, not to mention huge chuncks of the excellent Script For A Jester's Tear album as well as later efforts like the awesome Incommunicado and Warm Wet Circles, gives this compilation a pretty haphazard feel. Also Marillion fans who've bought B'Sides Themselves will have no use for this record. I have to admit though, that this is a convenient little pocket-sized snapshot of Marillion. ... 61% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#36940) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 19, 2005

Review by Tristan Mulders
2 stars Marillion - Kayleigh

In the mid 90s, several low profile record labels, "Disky" among others, decided to release compilation discs of Marillion's backcatalogue (with Fish). This release here is mostly a collection of singles, b-sides and a rare album track. Though the choices for the songs are obvious, I still do not have this release in high regard.

The fact that it is identical to the "Essential Collection" disc, except for the artwork, seems a bit like fanboy-exploitation to my ears. Surely most Marillion fans already own the songs included in this compilation and this release will therefore most likely only be bought by people who are totally unfamiliar with the band (Mainly buying it because it is so cheap, the average price is ? 5,-) or are die hard collectors of the bands output.

This album does not work as a singles collection, but also not as a brief overview of The Fish Years. I recommend to purchase another compilation on the Disky label instead. 2003's "Warm Wet Circles" is also a cheap compilation disc, but at least it features typical Marillion songs from the Fish era, mind you no Fugazi-related stuff included though.

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#80214) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 03, 2006

Review by evenless
3 stars Cheap compilation or great introduction to the early Marillion?

I probably picked up this Marillion compilation disc some ten years ago for a couple of bucks. (guilders actually). I guess it got my interest because I wasn't too familiar with Marillion yet and who's going to miss 10 guilders (around 5 euros) anyway?

Of course I knew their hit single Kayleigh, but furthermore all tracks I was unfamiliar with. And I must say what a surprise was the opening track "Grendel" to me! Wow! This track was initially some B-side I believe and later on re-released in 1997 as a bonus disc for the Script Of A Jester's Tear album. This track has all Prog elements in it that make the genre so appealing: many shifting moods, soft vocals, loud vocals, great drumming and wonderful guitar play. I fell completely in love with this song and think it's one of Marillion's highlights.

Then of course there's "Kayleigh", but the other 7 tracks are all really worth it as well. So what is my final conclusion/rating on this compilation disc? Difficult! As to Marillion fans this release is completely irrelevant and abundant. But to people who aren't or weren't familiar with the Fish-era Marillion yet, I would highly recommend it! But as from 1997 I my recommendation would probably go out to the re-issue of the 1983 Script . album.

So probably 2 stars for Marillion fans, but 4 stars for newbie's.

Send comments to evenless (BETA) | Report this review (#114997) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars From my early reviews onwards, you know that I am almost working chronologically. This means that I'll review whatever is possible of the great Fish Marillion era before starting with their second period.

I am an old dirty freak. Having experienced all major rock influences during the last thirty five years. You can easily know where my roots are in terms of prog, should you just ckick on my reviewer nickname and have a look at my reviews.

I have already said that I discovered Marillion only a few years ago (2001). A colleague of mine introduced me to "Misplaced". And here we go.

I was just nuts about the band (although I belong to the "No More Heroes" generation). I started a crazy Marillion quest, wanting to grab whatever was possible (official releases or not - and believe me, there are an awful lot of great unofficial releases) from the Fish era of course.

Some will argue that he is trying to emulate Peter (I guess you all know whom I am talking about). Yes, you are right. So, what ?

I spent fabulous years listening to one of the most fanstastic and creative band on earth : Genesis.

I was only 15 at that time (1974) and emotion was already a major theme for me. For lots of reasons (which I soon will outline in my reviewer profile), I put a hold to any prog music in 1978. Little by little my enourmous love for this this music grew back. And all of a sudden, I discovered Marillion.

Very few times in my life I will be transported to such a level of souvenirs. It seemed that "Script" almost reverted me into the glorious days (you know, the early seventies ones).

I am EXTREMELLY thankfull to Marillion to have brought me back there.

There will be lots of compilation works from the Fish era. I have to say that this is a good one. It features some of the most achieved Marillion songs (although lots of progheads are reluctant when listening to it). Yes, "Grendel". I do not know how many friends I turned into a Marillion fan thanks to this one.

Thanks to the liner notes, you will discover some useful informaton about the band and their charting history.

All the songs featured here are extremely catchy and belong to the poppiest early Marillion repertoire. Except "Grendel" of course. I bought this one several years ago in London (city to which I use to go every year with my brother to buy some interesting stuff and attend great concert like "The Musical Box" in 2005 as well as 2007 (at the Royal Albert Hall).

Even if several songs are edited, they belong to the classic early Marillion repertoire. As such I would rate this compilation with four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#123518) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 26, 2007

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars I only got hold of this for 'Grendel' and it was a nice budget way of grabbing this ecletic immortal epic track. All the other tracks are simply easy to get Marillion from their best albums to this point. Kayleigh is such a brilliant track I could listen to it as infinitum however I missed that beautiful intro 'Pseudo Silk Kimodo' so I recommend the CD 'Misplaced Childhood' over this of course.

Back to 'Grendel' - it is 17 minutes of pure prog bliss and simply one of the greatest epic length tracks I have heard along with Genesis' Suppers Ready or Caravans' Nine Feet Underground.

The other tracks on this compilation are all fan favourites so grab this out of the bargain bin and enjoy the best of these masters of neo prog.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#224284) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 02, 2009

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars I've made the mistake of buying this album after having already bought B'Sides Themselves. What EMI has done is just replacing a couple of songs respect to B'Sides and propose almost the same package giving it a title that should have been more attractive. Kayleigh was and probably is still the only big success that Marillion had with the mainstream consumers, recognisable also by those were not aware of an album called Misplaced Childhood.

Even if almost identical to B'sides I can't give it the same rating as it came after and doesn't add anything to the previous.

Marillion fans can stay away as they already have all the music inside, non-fans can start from anything else.

An useless album released only to make some cash with old material. Very bad that the same material has been used twice for the same purpose.

I see no reasons to buy it, neither the sleeve design which includes shots from the first albums with the exception of the one which gives the title that's replaced by B'sides, like it was considered an official one from which making a compilation. I think Torch Song was actually unreleased, but this doesn't change the rating.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#457612) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 06, 2011

4 stars A range of old (Fish-period) songs for a very low price (about seven euro in Holland), but NOT POP-ORIENTATED! Even people who just want to buy the popular Kayleigh-song, are immediately confrontated with Grendel, one of the strongest progressive songs after the seventies. That makes this album grea ... (read more)

Report this review (#12344) | Posted by Eb.Eb. | Monday, December 22, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Kayleigh"