KAYLEIGH

Good, but non-essential

Buy MARILLION Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1996

1. Grendel (17:16)
2. He knows you know (5:22)
3. Jigsaw (6:50)
4. Punch and Judy (3:22)
5. Cinderella search (edited) (4:22)
6. Kayleigh (single) (3:32)
7. Lavender (single) (3:40)
8. Lady Nina (edited) (3:43)
9. Torch song (4:05)

Search MARILLION Kayleigh lyrics

Search MARILLION Kayleigh tabs

- Fish / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Ian Mosley / drums
- Mick Pointer / drums, percussion (1)
- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

Disky: DC 867182 (0 7243 4 86718 2 0)

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Kayleigh Music

Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
Real to Reel / Brief EncounterReal to Reel / Brief Encounter
Remastered · Special Edition · Import
EMI Europe Generic 1997
MARILLION Misplaced Childhood UK gatefold sleeve LP +insert 1985 ex/vg+ US $11.06 Buy It Now 41m 56s
Marillion - Best Sounds (2014) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $23.77 Buy It Now 44m 30s
MARILLION HOLIDAYS IN EDEN CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 46m 17s
MARILLION AFRAID OF SUNLIGHT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 46m 17s
MARILLION - Incommunicado - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 6 US $6.80 Buy It Now 47m 32s
MARILLION - Kayleigh - Excellent Condition 7" Single EMI MARIL 3 US $8.50 Buy It Now 47m 42s
MARILLION - Lavender - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 4 US $6.80 Buy It Now 47m 56s
MARILLION - Sugar Mice - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 7 US $6.80 Buy It Now 48m 6s
MARILLION - Warm Wet Circles - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 8 US $6.80 Buy It Now 48m 17s
MARILLION MARBLES CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 1h
MARILLION LESS IS MORE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 1h
MARILLION SOMEWHERE ELSE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 1h
MARILLION CLUTCHING AT STRAWS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 1h
MARILLION BRAVE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 1h
MARILLION - LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL NEW CD US $23.35 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Marillion - Radiation (CD 1998) TRANSATLANTIC STEVE HOGARTH SMPTE US $11.91 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Marillion Real to Japan Promo WL Vinyl LP OBI Fish US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
MARILLION cassette tape album CLUTCHING AT STRAWS lot 7e US $7.84 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Marillion/Seasons End (PICTURE DISC) (UK/Vinyl LP) Leaving EBAY! US $19.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION the thieving magpie MARL 1 uk emi 1988 DOUBLE LP PS VG+/EX US $21.15 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Marillion - Freaks Live Picture Sleeve 7" Single US $13.62 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Fish Songs From The Mirror Thai Cassette Seal OOP Marillion 3 USD SHIP WORLDWIDE US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Fish Sunsets On Empire Cassette Seal OOP Marillion 3 USD SHIP REGISTER WORLDWIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h
MARILLION CLUTCHING AT STRAWS 1987 UK EMI VINYL LP + INNER SLEEVE* EX/NM CLASSIC US $16.96 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Marillion-magazine poster US $8.50 Buy It Now 3h 6m
MARILLION - Clutching At Straws; Rare '87 Advance Promo Cassette Tape - Sealed! US $55.00 Buy It Now 3h 29m
MARILLION cover my eyes 12 MARILP 13 with poster uk emi 1991 12" PS EX/EX US $15.32 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Marillion,Camel,UK,Progressive Music,Rock Music, 3 Vinyl Records Lot, US $27.00 [0 bids]
MARILLION FUGAZI LP MADE IN BRAZIL FIRST PRESS 1984 WITHOUT BARCODE US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
MARILLION FUGAZI LP MADE IN BRAZIL SECOND PRESS 1985 WITHOUT BARCODE US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
MARILLION - MISPLACED CHILDHOOD - MAIL PROMO CD US $3.49 [2 bids]
MARILLION seasons end EMD 1011 A1/B1 1st press uk emi 1989 LP PS EX+/EX gatefold US $21.63 Buy It Now 3h 53m
MARILLION uninvited guest 7" PS EX/VG tos US $11.91 Buy It Now 3h 58m
FISH(MARILLION)-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $5.10 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood NEW 2 x CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Marillion - Fugazi NEW 2 x CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 4h 58m
MARILLION Fugazi 1984 UK vinyl LP Gatefold sleeve Excellent Condition US $25.55 Buy It Now 5h 16m
MARILLION FREAKS LIVE / KAYLEIGH LIVE US $11.08 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Slip Double: Fish : 13th Star Deluxe Box Set : Marillion US $32.87 [0 bids]
Slip Double: Marillion : Sounds That Can't Be Made : Special Edition 2CDs Sealed US $30.88 [0 bids]
Slip Treble: Marillion : Somewhere In London : Kentish Town : Deluxe 2CD US $33.21 [0 bids]
Vinyl Double: Marillion : Radiation 2013 : Deluxe Edition Blue Etched Sealed US $45.66 [1 bids]
Vinyl Album: Marillion : Misplaced Childhood : SIGNED by FISH US $45.66 [0 bids]
Marillion Incommunicado 7" US $5.54 Buy It Now 5h 30m
MARILLION COVER MY EYES / HOW CAN IT HURT/ THE PARTY 12" VINYL SINGLE US $5.95 Buy It Now 5h 34m
MARILLION ANORAKNOPHOBIA CD MADE IN BRAZIL FIRST PRESS 2001 EMI 8 TRACKS RARE US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
FISH VIGIL IN A WILDERNESS OF MIRROR LP PROMOTIONAL BRAZIL 1990 GTFOLD Marillion US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Marillion Live At Walsall Junction Limited Edition USED CD US $100.00 Buy It Now 6h 13m
ROXETTE MARILLION HEART BLACK TIM MOORE + V/A PORTUGAL 2XCD´S CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
MARILLION hooks in you 12" 3 trk meaty mix promo b/w 7 version and after me (12m US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 57m
MARILLION incommunicado 12" 3 trk album mix b/w alterna US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 58m
MARILLION hooks in you 12" 3 trk meaty mix poster sleeve (12marilp10) pic sleeve US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 58m
MARILLION incommunicado 12" 3 trk album mix b/w alternative mix and going u US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 58m
MARILLION hooks in you 12" 3 trk meaty mix b/w 7 mix and after me (12maril10) pi US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 58m
MARILLION no one can 12" 3 trk limited pic disc with backing card b/w cover my e US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 59m
MARILLION SCRIPT FOR A JESTERS TEAR UK CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Marillion-Dry Land 12" UK Picture Disc In Die-Cut Sleeve 1991 US $17.02 Buy It Now 7h 45m
Marillion BEST SOUNDS Mexican Edition CD 2014 Rare Steve Hogarth very limited US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
FISH INTERNAL EXILE LP PROMOTIONAL BRAZIL 1991 WITH PRESS RELEASE Marillion US $99.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
FISH INTERNAL EXILE LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1991 WITH INSERT Marillion US $69.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
MARILLION heart of lothian 7" PS EX/EX MARIL 5 US $11.91 Buy It Now 8h 8m
MARILLION punch and judy 7" PS EX/EX uk EX/EX MARIL 1 sol US $11.91 Buy It Now 8h 8m
MARILLION sugar mice 7" PS EX/EX MARIL 7 US $11.91 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Six of One, Half-Dozen of the Other by Marillion (CD, Jul-1992, I.R.S.... US $3.79 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Marillion Fugazi Cassette Tape New Sealed US $5.99 [1 bids]
FISH OF MARILLION state of mind 12EM 109 uk emi 1989 12" PS EX/VG+ US $15.32 Buy It Now 8h 30m
MARILLION no one can 7" WS EX/ noc uk emi US $11.91 Buy It Now 8h 31m
MARILLION Mispaced Childhood Ex EMI 1985 Gatefold Progressive LP US $8.50 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Marillion - Fugazi - Gatefold US $15.34 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Marillion - Kayleigh 12 inch vinyl picture disc single US $25.56 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Marillion You're Gone Picture Disc Vinyl Limited Edition Record Store Day NEW US $25.99 Buy It Now 8h 45m
MARILLION "Kayleigh" 7" picture disc RARE (UK Press) NM Derek W. Dick Demon US $20.48 [0 bids]
MARILLION, 12" INTERVIEW PICTURE DISC UK VG BAK 2021 US $6.80 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Marillion: Live From Cadogan Hall [DVD] [2011] US $14.35 Buy It Now 8h 56m
MARILLION - Real To Reel - Excellent Condition LP Record Fame FA 4131421 US $11.93 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Marillion - Holidays In Eden NEW CD US $15.42 Buy It Now 10h 16m
MARILLION 45 PRO Sympathy SOUTHAMERICA 7" Spanish Titles 1992 US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
MARILLION 45 PRO Sympathy SOUTHAMERICA 7" Spanish Titles 1992 EX+ US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Marillion - Live From Loreley NEW 2 x CD US $15.42 Buy It Now 10h 53m
MARILLION ASSASSING PICTURE DISC LP 1984 US $175.00 Buy It Now 11h
marillion marbles cd new US $16.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Marillion - The Best Of Both Worlds NEW 2 x CD US $15.42 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Ian Mosley Marillion drummer live Drum Masterclass 1988 poster print A5 size US $25.55 Buy It Now 11h 23m
FISH - MARILLION - PICTURE DISC - 2 TRACK - IN ORIGINAL CLEAR SLEEVE US $39.99 Buy It Now 11h 30m
MARILLION - PICTURE DISC - 2 TRACK - IN ORIGINAL CLEAR SLEEVE US $49.99 Buy It Now 11h 30m
This Strange Engine by Marillion (CD, Apr-1997, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $3.95 [0 bids]
Marillion - Clutching at Straws - 2 Enhanced CDs Pop Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Marillion - Script for a Jester's Tear - 2 CDs Pop Rock US $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 35m
MARILLION A SINGLES COLLECTION RARE CASSETTE ARGENTINA US $17.99 Buy It Now 12h 36m
MARILLION FUGAZI RARE CASSETTE ARGENTINA US $17.99 Buy It Now 12h 36m
MARILLION SOMETHING ELSE RARE DJ DVD UK PROMO US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 36m
MARILLION: Clurching At Straws (Rock & Pop Capitol ST-12539 Vinyl LP) US $8.00 Buy It Now 12h 44m
CAP-12331- MARILLION Fugazi OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $22.99 Buy It Now 12h 52m
MARILLION CD - SOUNDS THAT CAN'T BE MADE (2012) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Marillion - Anoraknophobia (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $22.50 Buy It Now 14h 22m
Marillion /The Thieving Magpie JAPAN MINI LP 2 CD NEW US $61.99 Buy It Now 16h 2m
GALAHAD - NOTHING TO WRITTEN Ultra Rare Prog Rock Cassette Pendragon Marillion US $6.90 Buy It Now 17h 9m
Winter Across The Circle's Edge CD NEW 1992 RARE Prog-Rock/Irish Metal Marillion US $49.95 Buy It Now 17h 40m
MARILLION, No One Can UK 1st pressing A1 matrix PS 45 US $0.99 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Marillion 12" vinyl picture disc record Sugar Mice UK 12MARILP7 E.M.I. 1987 US $32.29 Buy It Now 17h 59m

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Kayleigh ratings distribution

MARILLION Kayleigh reviews

Review by Trotsky
3 stars This is one of those budget best-ofs that I picked up when I was just switching to the CD format. It covers just Fish-era Marillion, and as it includes three great B-sides not available on the four original studio LPs (Scripts For A Jester's Tear, Fugazi, Misplaced Childhood and Clutching At Straws) the band put out during that golden period, I think I will hold on to it. Because of some glaring omissions, I have little doubt that a superior single CD compilation to cover this era could have been conjured up, but there really is some great neo-prog on here, and I'm sure it would make for a decent introduction to the band.

The greatest selling point (to proggers at least) has to be the 17 minute fantasy epic Grendel, which was initially issued only as part of an EP that showcased Marillion's first single Market Square Heroes. It is clearly influenced by early Genesis, although I feel the main part of the song suffers from a lightweight sound that doesn't match the epic tone of Fish's impassioned performance (the drum sound is really pathetic). Nonetheless there's enough class from guitarist Steve Rothery and keyboardist Mark Kelly to make sure this song is still one of the greatest prog moments of the 80s.

There are many fine songs here. The excellent ominous accusatory He Knows You Know, with some kick-ass Kelly synth lines that underpin the chorus, is one. Jigsaw which spends half its time being barely audible, and the other half soaring on a beautiful Fish chorus is another. Another B-side, Cinderella Search, is a memorable hard-rocker that drips with melancholy, while Lady Nina and Torch Song boast that massive Marillion sound I've come to love. There are also two classic slices of Marillion pop from the group's chart-topping album Misplaced Childhood ... Kayleigh and Lavender (which actually had to be extended to be long enough to be a single).

I don't quite like Punch & Judy, and the omission of early singles Market Square Heroes and Assassing, not to mention huge chuncks of the excellent Script For A Jester's Tear album as well as later efforts like the awesome Incommunicado and Warm Wet Circles, gives this compilation a pretty haphazard feel. Also Marillion fans who've bought B'Sides Themselves will have no use for this record. I have to admit though, that this is a convenient little pocket-sized snapshot of Marillion. ... 61% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#36940) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 19, 2005

Review by Tristan Mulders
2 stars Marillion - Kayleigh

In the mid 90s, several low profile record labels, "Disky" among others, decided to release compilation discs of Marillion's backcatalogue (with Fish). This release here is mostly a collection of singles, b-sides and a rare album track. Though the choices for the songs are obvious, I still do not have this release in high regard.

The fact that it is identical to the "Essential Collection" disc, except for the artwork, seems a bit like fanboy-exploitation to my ears. Surely most Marillion fans already own the songs included in this compilation and this release will therefore most likely only be bought by people who are totally unfamiliar with the band (Mainly buying it because it is so cheap, the average price is ? 5,-) or are die hard collectors of the bands output.

This album does not work as a singles collection, but also not as a brief overview of The Fish Years. I recommend to purchase another compilation on the Disky label instead. 2003's "Warm Wet Circles" is also a cheap compilation disc, but at least it features typical Marillion songs from the Fish era, mind you no Fugazi-related stuff included though.

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#80214) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 03, 2006

Review by evenless
3 stars Cheap compilation or great introduction to the early Marillion?

I probably picked up this Marillion compilation disc some ten years ago for a couple of bucks. (guilders actually). I guess it got my interest because I wasn't too familiar with Marillion yet and who's going to miss 10 guilders (around 5 euros) anyway?

Of course I knew their hit single Kayleigh, but furthermore all tracks I was unfamiliar with. And I must say what a surprise was the opening track "Grendel" to me! Wow! This track was initially some B-side I believe and later on re-released in 1997 as a bonus disc for the Script Of A Jester's Tear album. This track has all Prog elements in it that make the genre so appealing: many shifting moods, soft vocals, loud vocals, great drumming and wonderful guitar play. I fell completely in love with this song and think it's one of Marillion's highlights.

Then of course there's "Kayleigh", but the other 7 tracks are all really worth it as well. So what is my final conclusion/rating on this compilation disc? Difficult! As to Marillion fans this release is completely irrelevant and abundant. But to people who aren't or weren't familiar with the Fish-era Marillion yet, I would highly recommend it! But as from 1997 I my recommendation would probably go out to the re-issue of the 1983 Script . album.

So probably 2 stars for Marillion fans, but 4 stars for newbie's.

Send comments to evenless (BETA) | Report this review (#114997) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars From my early reviews onwards, you know that I am almost working chronologically. This means that I'll review whatever is possible of the great Fish Marillion era before starting with their second period.

I am an old dirty freak. Having experienced all major rock influences during the last thirty five years. You can easily know where my roots are in terms of prog, should you just ckick on my reviewer nickname and have a look at my reviews.

I have already said that I discovered Marillion only a few years ago (2001). A colleague of mine introduced me to "Misplaced". And here we go.

I was just nuts about the band (although I belong to the "No More Heroes" generation). I started a crazy Marillion quest, wanting to grab whatever was possible (official releases or not - and believe me, there are an awful lot of great unofficial releases) from the Fish era of course.

Some will argue that he is trying to emulate Peter (I guess you all know whom I am talking about). Yes, you are right. So, what ?

I spent fabulous years listening to one of the most fanstastic and creative band on earth : Genesis.

I was only 15 at that time (1974) and emotion was already a major theme for me. For lots of reasons (which I soon will outline in my reviewer profile), I put a hold to any prog music in 1978. Little by little my enourmous love for this this music grew back. And all of a sudden, I discovered Marillion.

Very few times in my life I will be transported to such a level of souvenirs. It seemed that "Script" almost reverted me into the glorious days (you know, the early seventies ones).

I am EXTREMELLY thankfull to Marillion to have brought me back there.

There will be lots of compilation works from the Fish era. I have to say that this is a good one. It features some of the most achieved Marillion songs (although lots of progheads are reluctant when listening to it). Yes, "Grendel". I do not know how many friends I turned into a Marillion fan thanks to this one.

Thanks to the liner notes, you will discover some useful informaton about the band and their charting history.

All the songs featured here are extremely catchy and belong to the poppiest early Marillion repertoire. Except "Grendel" of course. I bought this one several years ago in London (city to which I use to go every year with my brother to buy some interesting stuff and attend great concert like "The Musical Box" in 2005 as well as 2007 (at the Royal Albert Hall).

Even if several songs are edited, they belong to the classic early Marillion repertoire. As such I would rate this compilation with four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#123518) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 26, 2007

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars I only got hold of this for 'Grendel' and it was a nice budget way of grabbing this ecletic immortal epic track. All the other tracks are simply easy to get Marillion from their best albums to this point. Kayleigh is such a brilliant track I could listen to it as infinitum however I missed that beautiful intro 'Pseudo Silk Kimodo' so I recommend the CD 'Misplaced Childhood' over this of course.

Back to 'Grendel' - it is 17 minutes of pure prog bliss and simply one of the greatest epic length tracks I have heard along with Genesis' Suppers Ready or Caravans' Nine Feet Underground.

The other tracks on this compilation are all fan favourites so grab this out of the bargain bin and enjoy the best of these masters of neo prog.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#224284) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 02, 2009

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars I've made the mistake of buying this album after having already bought B'Sides Themselves. What EMI has done is just replacing a couple of songs respect to B'Sides and propose almost the same package giving it a title that should have been more attractive. Kayleigh was and probably is still the only big success that Marillion had with the mainstream consumers, recognisable also by those were not aware of an album called Misplaced Childhood.

Even if almost identical to B'sides I can't give it the same rating as it came after and doesn't add anything to the previous.

Marillion fans can stay away as they already have all the music inside, non-fans can start from anything else.

An useless album released only to make some cash with old material. Very bad that the same material has been used twice for the same purpose.

I see no reasons to buy it, neither the sleeve design which includes shots from the first albums with the exception of the one which gives the title that's replaced by B'sides, like it was considered an official one from which making a compilation. I think Torch Song was actually unreleased, but this doesn't change the rating.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#457612) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 06, 2011

4 stars A range of old (Fish-period) songs for a very low price (about seven euro in Holland), but NOT POP-ORIENTATED! Even people who just want to buy the popular Kayleigh-song, are immediately confrontated with Grendel, one of the strongest progressive songs after the seventies. That makes this album grea ... (read more)

Report this review (#12344) | Posted by Eb.Eb. | Monday, December 22, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Kayleigh"