EGO

Dimension

Dimension Ego album cover

Buy DIMENSION Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Tree of Conscience (5:24)
2. Ancient Song (5:36)
3. Freedom Land (6:45)
4. Broken Heart (5:25)
5. Life (5:32)
6. Dreams (5:12)
7. The Next in Line (9:23)
8. Ego (19:55)

- Evan Orman / Cello
- David Hanson / Quartet Transcirption

Released by Nightmare Records in U.S.A
Released by Universal in Canada

Thanks to Prog_Rocks for the addition

DIMENSION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIMENSION Ego Music

EgoEgo
Single
Nightmare Records 2007

More places to buy DIMENSION music online Buy DIMENSION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIMENSION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIMENSION Ego ratings distribution

DIMENSION Ego reviews

Review by rushfan4
4 stars Dimension are a progressive metal band originally from Mexico who are currently located in Colorado. They are made up of two main members, David Quicho on vocals and guitars, and Mane Cabreles on drums and percussion. Very capable studio musicians fill out the band on bass and keyboards, and in addition there are two violinists, a viola player and a cello player, resulting in a symphonic metal feel throughout the album. Ego is their second album and was released in 2007, 5 years after their debut album Universal. Ego is a progressive power metal album that is sure to appeal to fans of bands like Dream Theater and Symphony X. The vocals are sung by David Quicho, who has a very unique sounding voice. At times he reminds me of Geoff Tate from Queensryche, but he most closely reminds me of Masaki Yamada, the vocalist for the 80's Japanese metal band EZO.

Ego consists of 9 songs ranging from the slow melodic metal of Dreams to the heavy power metal/thrash of The Next In Line. The must hear highlight song for progressive rock fans is the 3-part 20 minute long epic title track, which has that special something that should place it in the ranks of the classic progressive rock epics of times of yore.

This album is the type that us progressive rock fans love so much, where you will hear something new every time that you listen to it. It is what we like to refer to as a "grower". Admittedly, the first couple of times that I listened to it, I felt that it was an OK prog metal album but the voice was kind of strange and made it hard to listen to. However, after repeated listens I came to enjoy the uniqueness of his voice. Also, the use of the string quartet really started to reveal itself to me with each repeat listen and contributes to having this album stand out more in comparison to other recent albums in the traditional prog metal vein.

In my opinion this album rates 4 stars in the Prog Archives ratings system. I believe that this album is an excellent addition to any prog rock music collection; especially if that collection has a space reserved for bands like Dream Theater and Symphony X.

As good as this album is I did find the lyrics to be somewhat cryptic. Reading along with the printed lyrics in the booklet did not really help me to understand what some of the songs were supposed to be about. In addition, there are a couple of parts where either words were either mispronounced or the vocalist took poetic license with the pronunciation that made it sound a bit awkward to me. Overall though, these parts were very few. Fortunately, many prog rock fans aren't concerned about the lyrics so this shouldn't be a detraction from purchasing this excellent album.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#216233) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 16, 2009

5 stars I really was not sure if I wanted to buy this album or not. Man, am I glad I did. This album is Awesome. It has everything I want from a Prog Metal band. Great guitar riffs/solos, and some amazing keyboard work. I would say go to their myspace page and have a listen for yourself. I believe ... (read more)

Report this review (#163393) | Posted by Prog_Rocks | Friday, March 07, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DIMENSION "Ego"