I GRÉVENS TID

- Ola / synth, rhodes
- Dave / bass, percussion

Self-released
Re-released on Transubstans Records in 2008, catalogue number trans030

Thanks to avestin for the addition
and to Windhawk for the last updates

BLAND BLADEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLAND BLADEN I Grévens Tid Music

I Grevens TidI Grevens Tid
Transubstans Sweden 2008

More places to buy BLAND BLADEN music online Buy BLAND BLADEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLAND BLADEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLAND BLADEN I Grévens Tid ratings distribution

BLAND BLADEN I Grévens Tid reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Sweden is a country which is really rich on prog and especially psychedelic/space jam acts. Exchanging the musicians at pleasure looks like to be quite normal for some of them. Probably BLAND BLADEN can be titled as a forerunner of the Oresund Space Collective (OSC) which is most likely the bestknown of all. So it's not quite astonishing that all the band members had collaborations with OSC in the past respectively Ola for example plays fender rhodes and synthesizer on the current masterpiece 'Black Tomato'.

This BRAND BLADEN debut from 2003 is consisting of four songs, totally instrumental, and yes, indeed, they can be considered to be in the vein of the OSC sound. Improvised jams with a happy flavour where you can feel their pleasure and fun making music first of all.

The excellent title song I grévens tid appears as my highlight - a nice grooving song with jazzy rhodes piano plus a bluesy part with bubbling synths and sensitive guitar. Pĺ Grön Kvist is provided with an intense reggae/dub rhythm near to the sound of Hidria Spacefolk and the following 13 minute track I Afton Trans comes up with two main parts in a different mood, first uptempo busy, later floating and gliding. A heavy rhythm section dominates Dimland later changing to a trippy rocking part with some eastern oriental elements.

'I Grévens Tid' is an enjoyable album and excellent find for progheads who like Hidria Spacefolk or Ozric Tentacles as well as swedish bands jamming along anyway - 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#171961) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 22, 2008

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Very interesting debut by this Swedish outfit, re-released now in 2008.

The music here takes it's cue from the space rock of the 70's, at least in sound and style. A big, fat bass line is the foundation in most segments on the four tunes here, with psychedelic guitar licks and spacey synths improvising on top, spacey synth sounds adding texture and a very 70's electric piano adding melodic themes from time to time. Drums and percussion seems to be the pacesetters.

Sound and style reminds slightly of bands like Hawkwind and Ozric Tentacles, and there's some obvious similarities to Öresund Space Collective too; which isn't a surprise as these two bands have some mutual members.

Recommended for fans of improvisational sounding space jams, in particular those who fancy this style of music with a 70's sound.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#180888) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Post a review of BLAND BLADEN "I Grévens Tid "