IN LONDON (DVD)

- Tony Banks / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums

Recorded Live At Lyceum Ballroom, London, May 6th,1980.
Complete Concert
Studio: Quantum Leap
DVD Release Date: 30 Jul 2007

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS In London (DVD) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Remastered · Import
Atlantic 1995
Invisible TouchInvisible Touch
Rhino 2007
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Atlantic 1994
Seconds OutSeconds Out
Atlantic 1994
(REC) GENESIS (2010) NEW DVD US $14.39 Buy It Now 1h
TOP TEN 80'S HITS VOLUME 5 KARAOKE RARE VG LASERDISC GENESIS MARX MILLI VANILLI US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h
PETER GABRIEL SECRET WORLD LIVE RARE OOP GENESIS VHS TAPE *VERY GOOD CONDITION* US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
TNA Wrestling Genesis 2010 NEW (DVD) Hulkamania returns! R4 US $4.63 Buy It Now 3h 18m
rare dvd PROMO ONLY 80s QUEEN dire strait POLICE elton john DURAN DURAN genesis US $37.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Nighthead Genesis:vol 2 - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.92 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (VHS, 1995, Clam Shell) US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
TNA Genesis 2007 DVD PPV US $9.99 [0 bids]
HEROES (Season One: Genesis) 1 - 23End ~ 5 Blu-ray DVD Box Set ~ US $79.90 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Now That's Japan Laserdisc LD Mike Oldfield Genesis OMD Mclaren China Crisis US $99.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
BIBLE 2 DVDs The genesis Jesus of Nazareth story of Mos US $13.00 [0 bids]
TNA Wrestling - Genesis 2005 (DVD, 2006) US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 11m
GENESIS II - NEW DVD US $15.77 Buy It Now 8h 19m
The Bible Charlton Heston Jesus of Nazareth Passion Genesis Moses VHS Soundtrack US $9.99 [0 bids]
word for word Bible Luke VHS KJV Christmas Parables Easter Genesis Project US $20.04 [0 bids]
Dinosaurs, Genesis & the Gospel US $14.98 Buy It Now 8h 57m
Doctor Who:ep 78 Genesis of the Dalek - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $33.85 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible: Genesis, New DVD, Charlton Heston, Tony West US $4.03 Buy It Now 10h 50m
bog 1983 genesis horror aldo ray sci-fi action creature from the black lagoon US $12.99 [0 bids]
Peter Gabriel - POV Point Of View VHS 1990 Genesis US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 48m
GENESIS - DEFINITIVE CRITICAL REVIEW (2PC) (W/BOOK) NEW DVD US $42.71 Buy It Now 12h 10m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - The Perfect Collection Box Set (DVD, 2002, 8-Disc Set) US $40.00 [0 bids]
Genesis,three sides live. VHS. US $25.00 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 1: Episodes 1-4 (DVD, 2000) US $8.00 [0 bids]
1980's Original Vintage Sealed Genesis Self titled Album Cassette US $14.99 [0 bids]
Genesis: Where Are We Coming From?, Acceptable DVD, Sotigui Kouyate, Marie Peren US $11.29 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Charlton Heston Bible:genesis - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $10.48 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Genesis - The Video Show (DVD, 2005) - Japanese Import version US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 39m
Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie: Death & Rebirth & The End of Evangelion Japanese US $9.99 [0 bids]
IMAX - GENESIS: FOUR BILLION YEARS IN THE MAKING [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 51m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $6.85 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Back to Genesis VHS LOT Creationism vs. Evolution US $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 17m
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.11 DVD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 01 (DVD, 2004, Platinum Edition) US $11.00 Buy It Now 16h
Wholesale Lot of 25 Anime DVD 1st Volumes Beck MushiShi Nighthead Genesis Simoun US $34.94 [0 bids]
Robotech - Vol. 13: New Generation - Genesis (DVD, 2002) Six Episodes US $1.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 5-6 (VHS, 1997, Subtitled) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 1-2 (VHS, 1996, Subtitled) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 7-8 (VHS, 1996, Subtitled) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 3-4 (VHS, 1996, Subtitled) US $1.99 [0 bids]
TNA Wrestling 2012 GENESIS DVD NEW SEALED Jeff Hardy RVD Impact WWE ECW ROH US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 17m
4 VHS SET CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE GENESIS MOSES JESUS PASSION NEW NR US $9.99 [0 bids]
Monster VHS By Kenneth Hartford Genesis Home Video INC. US $5.50 [0 bids]
Southern Cross / Genesis Climber Mospeada - OOP 10 disc set US $185.00 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Complete Platinum Collection DVD US $175.99 [0 bids]
JESUS - A Genesis Project Production - For Children - NEW Factory Sealed US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h 9m
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum: 06(Vol 6) BRAND NEW Anime DVD: ADV Films 2005 US $49.95 Buy It Now 18h 50m
Bibleman Genesis Collection Volume 3 DVD New SS Christian Super Hero 3 Episodes US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 56m
Bibleman Genesis Collection DVD New SS 3 episodes Christian Super Hero Vol 2 US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 57m
Bibleman Genesis Collection DVD New SS 3 episodes Christian Super Hero Vol 4 US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 58m
DINOSAURS GENESIS & THE GOSPEL DVD ANSWERS IN GENESIS 2DVD's Ken Ham CREATION US $8.79 [0 bids]
DOCTOR WHO: GENESIS OF THE DALEKS - EPISODE 78 NEW DVD US $38.47 Buy It Now 20h
dr. jekyll's dungeon of darkness rare 1979 genesis vhs horror sleaze gore nudity US $5.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS SONGBOOK ~ 12 HITS & RARE FOOTAGE - NEW/unopened - FAST SHIP US $4.95 [0 bids]
State of the Nation 2 with Ken Ham Reminders Removed DVD Answers In Genesis NIP US $3.71 Buy It Now 21h 31m
Genesis Videobiography DVD US $20.24 Buy It Now 22h 48m
Jesus In Genesis:The Messianic Prophecies Featuring Dr Jonathan Sarfati DVD US $6.55 Buy It Now 23h 59m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Director's Cut: Reborn (DVD, 2004) Japanese Anime US $5.00 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion Japanese DVD "Second Impact BOX"TV+Movie Complete Set US $480.00 Buy It Now 1 day
New Bibleman Genesis - Bibleman, Jr. - Vol. 1 & 2 (DVD, 2008) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks DVD US $20.92 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS VIDEOS VOLUME 1 RARE PAL VHS VIDEO TAPE US $7.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Land of Genesis (Israel,2010) Animal Kingdom Doc SEALED US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bible 4-Pack Collection - DVD: Genesis, Moses, Jesus, The Passion US $32.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Tna Wrestling Genesis 2007 (2008) - Used - Dvd US $2.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis DVD Set of 4 Episode 4, 5, 6, and 11 New in Packages US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION PERFECT COLLECTION 8-DISC DVD BOX SET, DEATH US $130.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Wrestling: Genesis 2010 (DVD, 2010) US $8.00 [0 bids]
Genesis - Visible Touch (VHS, 1987) US $2.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion DVD Cadogan Hall 2 Discs Fish Genesis Yes Less is More Live CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION LOT The movie Part 1&2+Collection 0:1&0:2+Best Coll CD** US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - The Perfect Collection Box Set (DVD, 2002, 8-Disc Set) US $100.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible Genesis DVD (1997) NEW OD-05-50178/OD-063 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot Of Two Charlton Heston Presents The Bible Genesis / The Story Of Moses US $1.95 [0 bids]
BIBLEMAN GENESIS - A FIGHT FOR FAITH LIVE (DVD) US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie Collection - Death & Rebirth,The End of Evangelion US $6.51 [5 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS: INVISIBLE TOUCH TOUR Australian Import PAL Tape! Clamshell Case! US $6.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS: THREE SIDES LIVE Australian Import PAL Tape! Clamshell Case! US $6.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS - THE GENESIS SONGBOOK - NEW DVD US $7.33 Buy It Now 1 day
The Invaders: Genesis (DVD, 2011) BRAND NEW - FREE SHIPPING. US $11.97 Buy It Now 1 day
charlton heston presents the bible genesis vhs US $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth US $16.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:3 [VHS] Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hayashibara, Ko US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ultimate Athlete Fighting: The Genesis (DVD, 2003) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible Genesis NEW VHS In the Beginning Adam and Eve US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
PSYCHIC TV - Time's Up Live (DVD, 2002) Genesis P-Orridge PTV3 Throbbing Gristle US $15.99 [0 bids]
Cyberteam in Akihabara - Vol. 1: Cyberteam Genesis (DVD, 2004) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILL MOYERS HEALING AND MIND WISDOM OF FAITH GENESIS Book VHS Audio FREE SHIP US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 - DVD Vol. 1: Genesis (DVD, 2000) - *FREE SHIPPING* US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(4)Charlton Heston The Bible VHS Set Genesis,Passion,Moses&Jesus 2 new sealed.99 US $1.99 [0 bids]
JESUS A GENESIS PROJECT PRODUCTION VHS NEW AND SEALED US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis: Invisible Touch Tour (1988) VHS Phil Collins Concert/Wembley Stadium US $0.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie Collection - Death & Rebirth,The End of Evangelion US $7.50 [4 bids]
Children of the Corn Genesis Stephen King Blu Ray Widescreen 2011 HORROR US $6.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Anime DVD lot Appleseed Steelbook Ghost in the shell Akira Neon Genesis etc. US $129.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BIBLE IN THE BEGINNING New Sealed Blu-ray Genesis US $13.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Doctor Who - The Sontaran Experiment/The Genesis of the Daleks (VHS, 1994) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT: FOUR CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE (VHS)GENESIS, MOSES, JESUS, PASSION US $2.00 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion 4 Disc DVD Box Set, 26 Complete Episodes + 2 Movies US $8.00 [2 bids]

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS In London (DVD) ratings distribution

GENESIS In London (DVD) reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars The status of this release is a bit strange: is it a legit release or not? Sold in legit record shops in my city and in well-known websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs around the world- I bought it in a legit record shop in my city five months ago. I asked then in the Forums in this website about to include this DVD the Prog Archives database. Finally, after a brief discussion with other Collaborators I didn`t include it. But what happened? For my surprise, it has been added to the Prog Archives database, so I`m going to write a review about it.

GENESIS was a very important band for me when I was a teenager. In fact, in 1980 I was becoming a big fan of the band. After buying for the very first time in 1979 their album called "...and then there were three...", by 1982 I had all their albums released until then. I also read in a Mexican Rock Magazine (now defunct) a review from a "Duke Tour" concert from the Hammesrmith Odeon in London. I hoped to one day to see a video from this tour. In December last year, I visited several of the legit websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs, Mexican and from foreign countries, and I was surprised to find at last a concert video from their 1980 tour. I didn`t buy it online because the price was higher due to the transportation to my house, and I couldn`t go to buy it then due to a second episode of sciatica (the first was in late 2004, when I joined Prog Archives as a Prog Reviewer) which didn`t let me walk long distances and even to stand up for more than 15 minutes! So, it was until late January this year that I could go to a record shop and buy this DVD.

Now, writing about this video, I`m going to write some commentaries:

"Deep in the Motherlode": as I wrote before, this song in this DVD has bad mixing, because the drums and the bass guitar are louder than the other instruments, and the keyboards are almost lost in the mixing.

"Dancing with the Moonlit Knight": a fragment from this song only.

"Carpet Crawl": a good version.

"Squonk": Rutherford has some problems to play the bass pedals during the first part of the song, but finally he resolves this problem for the rest of the song.

"One for the Vine": good electric piano playing from Banks, good drums too by Thompson and Collins.

The "Duke Medley" ("Behind the Lines", "Duchess", "Guide Vocal", "Turn it on Again", "Duke`s Travels", "Duke`s End"): each songis played in its entirety one after the other with little time passing between them. Collins`"Story of Albert" told before the Medley starts is funny, but weird, bizarre!

"Say It`s Alright Joe": with Phil acting the character of a sad drunk in a Bar. Very good interpretation, but this acting makes the song longer than the studio version, and a bit boring at the end.

"The Lady Lies": with Phil again acting characters of the Lady who tells lies and her villain friend. Very good guitar solo by Daryl Stuermer, great drums by Chester Thompson and very good synth solo by Tony Banks.

"Ripples": it is a shame that a very good song like this was cut due to a cameras` power failure. In this video, only the last part of the song is shown, while Mike Rutherford plays a guitar synth and Stuermer plays a very good guitar solo. It seems that Collins also played a bit on a little keyboard, because he can be seen briefly doing it.

"In the Cage" / "Slippermen" / "Afterglow": vey good versions, but with the "Slippermen" medley is shorter than in other tours.

"Follow You, Follow Me": good version similar as the one released in the "Three Sides Live" album.

"Dance in a Volcano" and "Los Endos": good versions too, but a bit different to other live versions.

"I Know What I Like": a good version, too.

In conclusion, this is a very good concert DVD, despite the quality of the images and sound is not as similar as in other concert DVDs from this band. It seems that it was recorded and filmed for a TV Broadcast, but I could be wrong.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#173164) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 06, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Duke of London

Long had I lived under the false impression that Genesis became a commercial pop band straight after (my favorite Genesis member) Steve Hackett left the band in 1977. I now know that I was very wrong about that! This excellent 1980 concert proved it to me. The only songs here that might be considered commercial pop songs are Follow You, Follow Me and possibly Turn It On Again. However, both of these are really good songs anyway! (and nowhere near the blatant commerciality of later things like Invisible Touch).

However, the sound and picture quality is not as good as the actual concert. If it was I would have been happy to give this five stars! Considering my low expectations and the low prize I paid for this, watching it was a true revelation for me (from Genesis to revelation?!) I had heard about half the tracks before and there are several songs here from my favorite Genesis albums A Trick Of The Tale and Wind And Wuthering as well as some Gabriel- era tracks. This led me to check this out.

The biggest positive surprise for me was in the (then) new tracks, especielly the ones from the And Then There Were Three album. The opener Deep In The Motherlode (misspelled on the box as Deep In The Motherlodge) is a great song and I have since bought the studio album from where it originally came - the underrated And Then There Were Three. One For the Vine from Wind And Wuthering is fantastic as are most of the other tracks here! One portion of the concert is devoted to material from the then brand new Duke album. This is another, but sadly the last, very good Genesis album.

Maybe this concert can be made better if it is given an upgrade in terms of picture and sound quality in the future. Until then, this version is recommended! Genesis is currently re-releasing all their studio albums on hybrid SACD/DVD-Audio. On the DVD-Audio version of Duke there is, as an extra feature, a selection of live tracks from this very show in London in 1980. Compared to this DVD, the bonus feature on the Duke DVD-Audio is presented in much better sound and picture quality. Too bad it isn't the whole show!

However, this means that it would be possible to upgrade the Live In London DVD and give it the same sound and picture quality as the selection on the Duke feature. We can only hope that it happens! Until then, this is recommended.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#177233) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 18, 2008

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
3 stars I have seen this DVD on the Japanese edition few years ago and was disappointed with the picture quality and the technical problems that was create because of a bad video transfer. Here the problems have been fixed and there is also a nice 5.1 mix that is not mind-blowing because of the original source of the sound. For those who want a great picture quality will have to pass on this one because it's dark and lacking of clarity. But for a Genesis fan, this is a must have, especially if you want the last really good album by the band, Duke. So the set list is very enjoyable with the songs from that album, with 4 songs of "And Then They were three", mix with some old favorites as well for a complete 2 hours and 10 minutes., concert. The performance is excellent from the band and give you a nice document of where Genesis was 30 years ago.

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#390048) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 30, 2011

Post a review of GENESIS "In London (DVD)"