IN LONDON

- Tony Banks / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums

Recorded Live At Lyceum Ballroom, London, May 6th,1980.
Complete Concert
Studio: Quantum Leap
DVD Release Date: 30 Jul 2007

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS In London Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Wea Int'l 1990
Selling England By The PoundSelling England By The Pound
Remastered · Import
Atlantic 1995
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Remastered
Atlantic 1994
Seconds OutSeconds Out
Atlantic 1994
La Bamba Party-VHS-GENESIS-Trini Lopez-Johnny Rodriguez-Feliciano-El Chicano US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 01-05 5LD Limited BOX SET JAPAN ANIME Laser Disc US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 1: Episodes 1-4 (DVD, 2000) US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Genesis 7: The Complete Series DVD Region 1, NTSC US $76.06 Buy It Now 2h 19m
NIGHTHEAD GENESIS CLASSIC (5PC) / NEW DVD US $20.35 Buy It Now 2h 39m
PROG ROCK BRITANNIA DVD bbc progressive yes genesis elp king crimson jethro tull US $24.95 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
movie vhs : GENESIS EDUCATION BIBLE creation & flood US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 3-4 (VHS, 1996, Dubbed) US $1.75 [0 bids]
NIGHT HEAD GENESIS - VOL. 5 - NEW DVD US $15.91 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Lot of 3 Creationism DVDs Answers in Genesis Terry Mortenson Tommy Mitchell US $16.50 [0 bids]
TNA Impact Wrestling Genesis 2007 & Kevin Nash Series 3 Action Figure US $15.99 [0 bids]
Final Genesis - Neon Genesis Evangelion 0:13 VHS US $2.22 [2 bids]
BLU-RAY Children Of The Corn: Genesis (Blu-Ray) NEW US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
MURDERER'S KEEP - HORROR Genesis VHS Tape Movie AKA Maxie AKA The Butchers US $7.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth by Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hayashibara, K US $10.84 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion by Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hayashib US $53.85 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Night Head Genesis - Vol. 4: Conciliation (DVD, 2009) BRAND NEW ANIME*FREE SHIP* US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 43m
NIGHT HEAD GENESIS VOL 2 REGRET*DVD 2008*NEW ANIME*RARE*FREE SHIPPING** US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Genesis, The Way We Walk: Live in Concert (DVD, 2002) US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Frauds + Genesis Music Videos Vol. 1-2 (VHS) Phil Collins - lot (Free Shipping) US $9.00 [0 bids]
Charlton Heston Presents- Genesis, 1993, New US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 24m
DVD CHARLTON HESTON presents GENESIS Adam Eve Loss Eden Noah Flood NEW US $7.50 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Director's Cut: Resurrection (DVD, 2004) US $10.95 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Director's Cut: Genesis Reborn (DVD, 2004) US $10.95 [1 bids]
VHS TAPE - GENESIS - INVISIBLE TOUCH TOUR (1988) - CONCERT VIDEO - PHIL COLLINS US $4.95 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Professor Walter J. Veith 6 DVD Set Genesis Conflict Bible NEW SEALED US $19.75 [0 bids]
Genesis - The Mama Tour (VHS) US $8.11 [0 bids]
LA HISTORIA DE JESUS, ESTER, JEREMIAS,SALOMON Y GENESIS (LA BIBLIA 5 NEW DVD) US $27.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
VHS TAPE- GENESIS LIVE: THE WAY WE WALK - IN CONCERT (1993)- WE CAN'T DANCE TOUR US $4.95 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Movie: Death & Rebirth (DVD, 2002) US $20.00 Buy It Now 10h 2m
The Genesis Songbook ~ NEW DVD (2001, Eagle Rock (USA)) Region 0, All players US $4.95 Buy It Now 10h 59m
TNA Wrestling Genesis 2010 NEW (DVD) Hulkamania returns! R4 US $4.36 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: The Complete Collection (6 DVDs, 2005) NEW US $50.97 [28 bids]
Wholesale Lot of 25 Anime DVD 1st Volumes Beck MushiShi Nighthead Genesis Simoun US $34.94 [0 bids]
LA HISTORIA DE JESUS, ESTER, JEREMIAS,SALOMON Y GENESIS (LA BIBLIA 5 NEW DVD) US $27.99 Buy It Now 12h 6m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (BRAND NEW DVD!) US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Farscape Season 1, Vol. 2 - Exodus from Genesis / Throne for a Loss, Excellent D US $3.75 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 5: Episodes 15-17 Rare Sci-Fi (DVD, 2001) US $6.90 Buy It Now 12h 32m
NEON GENESIS - EVANGELION PLATINUM COMPLETE US $20.50 [15 bids]
THE GENESIS CHILDREN OOP VHS RARE HTF VIDEO NUDITY UNRATED WIDESCREEN US $129.99 [0 bids]
Genesis: The Way We Walk Live in Concert DVD US $44.54 [0 bids]
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION - PERFECT COLLECTION 8 DVD SET NO ART BOX NEW (DVD,2002) US $148.95 Buy It Now 13h 44m
PETER GABRIEL - SECRET WORLD LIVE (VHS) 1994 GEFFEN GENESIS US $1.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 01 (DVD, 2004, Platinum Edition) US $10.95 [1 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 02 (DVD, 2004) US $15.50 [2 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 03 (DVD, 2004) US $15.50 [2 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 04 (DVD, 2004) US $10.95 [1 bids]
The Invaders: Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $5.99 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Children of the Corn (DVD, 2011) GENESIS US $4.50 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (DVD, 2011) $2 SHIPPING US $4.95 Buy It Now 15h 29m
Genesis: Bible Collection /1994 /Ermanno Olmi /New DVD US $3.75 Buy It Now 15h 52m
GENESIS - THE WAY WE WALK LIVE IN CONCERT DOUBLE DVD US $100.00 Buy It Now 16h 14m
(REC) GENESIS (2012) NEW BLURAY US $17.69 Buy It Now 16h 16m
ACADEMY AWARD WINNER Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (DVD, 2... US $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Night Head Genesis - Vol. 1 (DVD, 2008) NEW anime US $2.98 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Night Head Genesis - Vol. 2: Regret (DVD, 2008) NEW anime US $2.98 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Night Head Genesis - Vol. 3: Disturbance (DVD) NEW anime US $1.96 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Night Head Genesis - Vol. 4: Conciliation (DVD, 2009) NEW anime US $2.98 Buy It Now 16h 52m
Night Head Genesis - Vol. 5 (DVD, 2009) NEW anime US $4.15 Buy It Now 16h 55m
[REC] 3: Genesis (Blu-ray/DVD, 2012, Canadian) LN INCLUDES SLIPCOVER US $16.99 Buy It Now 17h 10m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 06-09 4LD Limited BOX SET JAPAN ANIME Laser Disc US $59.99 Buy It Now 17h 40m
bog 1983 genesis horror aldo ray sci-fi action creature from the black lagoon US $19.99 [0 bids]
Nighthead Genesis: Complete Collection (DVD, 2012, 5-Disc Set) US $19.98 Buy It Now 18h 20m
dr. jekyll's dungeon of darkness rare 1979 genesis vhs horror sleaze gore nudity US $5.99 [0 bids]
Genesis 7: Episode 5 - Mars Landing, New DVD, Emily Martin, Dalton Wolfe, Hannah US $11.96 Buy It Now 20h 22m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 01 (DVD, 2004, Platinum Edition) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible-Genesis/Passion US $6.90 Buy It Now 21h 42m
Genesis - Visible Touch (VHS, 1987) US $2.99 Buy It Now 21h 51m
GENESIS - THE WAY WE WALK LIVE IN CONCERT DOUBLE DVD US $14.99 [0 bids]
Genesis The Movie Box 1981-2007 DVD Box IN STOCK PAL US $129.85 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Nighthead Genesis Vol 1 Reminicence*** New Anime* **DVD 2008*** FREE SHIPPING*** US $5.27 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Genesis 7: Episode Four - To Venus (DVD, 2012) New/Sealed US $15.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: The Complete Collection (6 DVDs, 2005) US $31.00 [10 bids]
TNA Genesis 2010 DVD PPV US $9.99 [0 bids]
TNA Genesis 2011 DVD PPV US $9.99 [0 bids]
TNA Genesis 2012 DVD PPV US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 5 DVD Set ( Not Complete Please Read ) US $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Collection 2, Good DVD, Guil Lunde, Tristan M US $18.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion Complete Series Platinum Collection + End of Evangelion US $225.00 [0 bids]
Charlton Heston Presents The Bible Genesis VHS Tape New Sealed US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HOURS (2013) GENESIS RODRIGUEZ, PAUL WALKER - ENGLISH MOVIE DVD US $16.90 Buy It Now 1 day
CHILDREN OF THE CORN GENESIS BLU RAY MOVIE BILLY DRAGO STEPHEN KING FREE SHIP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: The Complete Collection (6 DVDs, 2005) US $41.00 [8 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Death & Rebirth/The End Of Evangelion (DVD, 2005,... US $36.49 [5 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ultimate Athlete Fighting: The Genesis (DVD, 2003) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
[REC] 3: Genesis (DVD) US $8.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 5: Episodes 15-17 Sci-Fi RARE (DVD, 2001) US $3.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis through Revelation in 66 Scenes by David Jeremiah (NEW) US $20.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS - A LIVING CONVERSATION - NEW DVD BOXSET US $48.33 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Genesis 2006 DVD PPV NWA US $9.99 [0 bids]
Monster VHS By Kenneth Hartford Genesis Home Video INC. US $5.50 [0 bids]
TNA Wrestling: Genesis 2010 (DVD, 2010) US $7.50 [0 bids]
SAGA Trust CD+DVD Special Edition PROG (Rush, Genesis, Styx, RPWL, Yes, Utopia) US $16.99 [0 bids]
REC Genesis Blu-ray - New & Sealed! Region B US $19.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth (DVD,2002) BRAND NEW sealed US $19.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - Inside Genesis: 1970-1975 (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: The Complete Collection (6 DVDs, 2005) NEW US $20.50 [4 bids]

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS In London ratings distribution

GENESIS In London reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars The status of this release is a bit strange: is it a legit release or not? Sold in legit record shops in my city and in well-known websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs around the world- I bought it in a legit record shop in my city five months ago. I asked then in the Forums in this website about to include this DVD the Prog Archives database. Finally, after a brief discussion with other Collaborators I didn`t include it. But what happened? For my surprise, it has been added to the Prog Archives database, so I`m going to write a review about it.

GENESIS was a very important band for me when I was a teenager. In fact, in 1980 I was becoming a big fan of the band. After buying for the very first time in 1979 their album called "...and then there were three...", by 1982 I had all their albums released until then. I also read in a Mexican Rock Magazine (now defunct) a review from a "Duke Tour" concert from the Hammesrmith Odeon in London. I hoped to one day to see a video from this tour. In December last year, I visited several of the legit websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs, Mexican and from foreign countries, and I was surprised to find at last a concert video from their 1980 tour. I didn`t buy it online because the price was higher due to the transportation to my house, and I couldn`t go to buy it then due to a second episode of sciatica (the first was in late 2004, when I joined Prog Archives as a Prog Reviewer) which didn`t let me walk long distances and even to stand up for more than 15 minutes! So, it was until late January this year that I could go to a record shop and buy this DVD.

Now, writing about this video, I`m going to write some commentaries:

"Deep in the Motherlode": as I wrote before, this song in this DVD has bad mixing, because the drums and the bass guitar are louder than the other instruments, and the keyboards are almost lost in the mixing.

"Dancing with the Moonlit Knight": a fragment from this song only.

"Carpet Crawl": a good version.

"Squonk": Rutherford has some problems to play the bass pedals during the first part of the song, but finally he resolves this problem for the rest of the song.

"One for the Vine": good electric piano playing from Banks, good drums too by Thompson and Collins.

The "Duke Medley" ("Behind the Lines", "Duchess", "Guide Vocal", "Turn it on Again", "Duke`s Travels", "Duke`s End"): each songis played in its entirety one after the other with little time passing between them. Collins`"Story of Albert" told before the Medley starts is funny, but weird, bizarre!

"Say It`s Alright Joe": with Phil acting the character of a sad drunk in a Bar. Very good interpretation, but this acting makes the song longer than the studio version, and a bit boring at the end.

"The Lady Lies": with Phil again acting characters of the Lady who tells lies and her villain friend. Very good guitar solo by Daryl Stuermer, great drums by Chester Thompson and very good synth solo by Tony Banks.

"Ripples": it is a shame that a very good song like this was cut due to a cameras` power failure. In this video, only the last part of the song is shown, while Mike Rutherford plays a guitar synth and Stuermer plays a very good guitar solo. It seems that Collins also played a bit on a little keyboard, because he can be seen briefly doing it.

"In the Cage" / "Slippermen" / "Afterglow": vey good versions, but with the "Slippermen" medley is shorter than in other tours.

"Follow You, Follow Me": good version similar as the one released in the "Three Sides Live" album.

"Dance in a Volcano" and "Los Endos": good versions too, but a bit different to other live versions.

"I Know What I Like": a good version, too.

In conclusion, this is a very good concert DVD, despite the quality of the images and sound is not as similar as in other concert DVDs from this band. It seems that it was recorded and filmed for a TV Broadcast, but I could be wrong.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#173164) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 06, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Duke of London

Long had I lived under the false impression that Genesis became a commercial pop band straight after (my favorite Genesis member) Steve Hackett left the band in 1977. I now know that I was very wrong about that! This excellent 1980 concert proved it to me. The only songs here that might be considered commercial pop songs are Follow You, Follow Me and possibly Turn It On Again. However, both of these are really good songs anyway! (and nowhere near the blatant commerciality of later things like Invisible Touch).

However, the sound and picture quality is not as good as the actual concert. If it was I would have been happy to give this five stars! Considering my low expectations and the low prize I paid for this, watching it was a true revelation for me (from Genesis to revelation?!) I had heard about half the tracks before and there are several songs here from my favorite Genesis albums A Trick Of The Tale and Wind And Wuthering as well as some Gabriel- era tracks. This led me to check this out.

The biggest positive surprise for me was in the (then) new tracks, especielly the ones from the And Then There Were Three album. The opener Deep In The Motherlode (misspelled on the box as Deep In The Motherlodge) is a great song and I have since bought the studio album from where it originally came - the underrated And Then There Were Three. One For the Vine from Wind And Wuthering is fantastic as are most of the other tracks here! One portion of the concert is devoted to material from the then brand new Duke album. This is another, but sadly the last, very good Genesis album.

Maybe this concert can be made better if it is given an upgrade in terms of picture and sound quality in the future. Until then, this version is recommended! Genesis is currently re-releasing all their studio albums on hybrid SACD/DVD-Audio. On the DVD-Audio version of Duke there is, as an extra feature, a selection of live tracks from this very show in London in 1980. Compared to this DVD, the bonus feature on the Duke DVD-Audio is presented in much better sound and picture quality. Too bad it isn't the whole show!

However, this means that it would be possible to upgrade the Live In London DVD and give it the same sound and picture quality as the selection on the Duke feature. We can only hope that it happens! Until then, this is recommended.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#177233) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 18, 2008

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
3 stars I have seen this DVD on the Japanese edition few years ago and was disappointed with the picture quality and the technical problems that was create because of a bad video transfer. Here the problems have been fixed and there is also a nice 5.1 mix that is not mind-blowing because of the original source of the sound. For those who want a great picture quality will have to pass on this one because it's dark and lacking of clarity. But for a Genesis fan, this is a must have, especially if you want the last really good album by the band, Duke. So the set list is very enjoyable with the songs from that album, with 4 songs of "And Then They were three", mix with some old favorites as well for a complete 2 hours and 10 minutes., concert. The performance is excellent from the band and give you a nice document of where Genesis was 30 years ago.

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#390048) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 30, 2011

Post a review of GENESIS "In London"