IN LONDON (DVD)

- Tony Banks / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums

Recorded Live At Lyceum Ballroom, London, May 6th,1980.
Complete Concert
Studio: Quantum Leap
DVD Release Date: 30 Jul 2007

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS In London (DVD) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
FoxtrotFoxtrot
Wea Int'l 1990
Seconds OutSeconds Out
Atlantic 1994
MMA *Ultimate Athlete (UA) Fighting Presents: Vol 1 "The Genesis" (DVD 2003) New US $4.99 Buy It Now 41m 3s
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible: Genesis [DVD] (2011) Charlton Heston US $8.98 Buy It Now 58m 52s
Genesis of a Legacy Parenting Study Kit by Ken Ham DVDs US $52.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
The Intricacies of Flight; Answers in Genesis; Dr. Andy McIntosh DVD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye NEW PAL Arthouse DVD Marie Losier Germany US $44.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Wholesale Lot of 25 Anime DVD 1st Volumes Beck MushiShi Nighthead Genesis Simoun US $34.94 [0 bids]
The History and Impact of The Genesis Flood DVD US $2.99 [1 bids]
B.C. Rock VHS 1994 Animated Musical Hall Oats Genesis Leo Sayer Derringer Clemon US $37.77 [0 bids]
Frankenstein Foods and Fetuses DVD Answers in Genesis Bioethics Bible Stem Cell US $13.00 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Moody Henry Morris Ken Ham 5 VHS Genesis The Genesis Solution Creation Series US $21.77 [0 bids]
When Two Worldviews Collide VHS Dr John Morris Back to Genesis Creation Bible US $11.77 [0 bids]
TNA Wrestling Genesis 2006 DVD Kurt Angle Samoa Joe STING Abyss New Sealed US $3.50 [0 bids]
Genesis. When In Rome (Blu-Ray) US $24.50 [7 bids]
Genesis 7: The Complete Series (DVD, 2013, 12-Disc Set) US $48.99 Buy It Now 8h 22m
Vintage 16mm Movie Film in Plastic Box - Genesis #14 The Dreamer US $19.14 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Vintage 16mm Movie Film in Plastic Box - Genesis #15 Vizier of Egy US $20.01 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Vintage 16mm Movie Film in Plastic Box - Genesis #17 Reconciliatio US $20.01 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Project: Genesis (VHS, 1994) David Ferry US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Charlton Heston Presents The Bible - Genesis / New DVD US $13.98 Buy It Now 9h 27m
Charlton Heston PRESENTS The Bible Genesis US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ultimate Athlete Fighting - The Genesis New Dvd US $8.54 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Doctor Who: Ep. 78 Genesis of the Daleks (DVD, 2006, 2-Disc Set) US $27.84 Buy It Now 10h 15m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION DVD COLLECTIONS 01/02/03 EPISODES 1-11!! EXC.SHAPE! NR! US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION DVD COLLECTIONS 05/06/07! EPISODES 15-23! LIKE NEW! NR! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Children Of The Corn Genesis (Bilingual) (Cana New DVD US $16.48 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) ***SEALED*** US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Intricacies of Flight - Dr. Andy McIntosh, Answers in Genesis (DVD) Mint US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 20m
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $8.00 Buy It Now 13h 34m
CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE: GENESIS/THE PASSION - NEW DVD BOXSET US $5.77 Buy It Now 15h 6m
GENESIS LIVE THE WAY WE WALK VIDEO VHS PAL US $28.05 Buy It Now 15h 20m
DOCTOR WHO: EP. 78 GENESIS OF THE DALEKS - NEW DVD BOXSET US $20.98 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Charlton Heston Presents The Bible: Genesis US $6.04 Buy It Now 15h 52m
VHS: GENESIS....A HISTORY OF GENESIS US $5.77 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Genesis 7: Episode One - The Mission (DVD, 2012) New Sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Genesis 7: Episode Ten 10 - Blue Neptune DVD New Sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Genesis 7: Episode Eleven 11 - The Kuiper Belt DVD New Sealed US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Genesis - The Video Show (DVD, 2005) US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 37m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 03 (DVD, 2004) Volume 3 US $20.00 [1 bids]
Marillion: Beautiful UK Cd Single. Parts 1 & 2 Fish Marbles Rare Genesis US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 2m
TNA Wrestling: Genesis 2011 (DVD, 2011) US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 7m
Aftermath / Genesis (DVD, 2005) Rare OOP Horror Special Edition US $20.00 [5 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 04 (DVD, 2004) US $10.00 [1 bids]
............................-Nighthead Genesis, Volume 1 DVD NEW US $15.75 Buy It Now 21h 5m
............................-Nighthead Genesis Vol 3 DVD NEW US $15.75 Buy It Now 21h 6m
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Collection 0:6 (Episodes 18-20) US $2.84 Buy It Now 21h 40m
Salomon / Jesus / Jeremias / Genesis / Ester / Sanson DVD NEW 8 Pk LA BIBLIA US $39.99 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Genesis 2007: When In Rome: Live [DVD]: US $25.31 Buy It Now 22h 33m
GENESIS 1976-1982 5.1 SURROUND SOUND DVD SAMPLER RARE PROMO DVD US $49.99 Buy It Now 22h 53m
Neon Genesis Evangelion Anime DVD: 11 discs, collection 1-8 and 3 movies US $51.00 [21 bids]
PHIL COLLINS SERIOUSLY LIVE VHS NEW IN CONCERT BERLIN GENESIS DARYL STUERMER US $10.00 Buy It Now 23h 8m
Genesis II DVD Movie 1973 US $21.54 Buy It Now 23h 58m
Night Head Genesis Complete Series Vol 1 - Vol 5 Like New US $24.99 [0 bids]
Night Head Genesis: Complete Collection Set (DVD, 2010, 5-Disc Set) US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Bible Story of Moses, Passion, Genesis, Jesus of Nazareth 4 New Sealed VHS US $3.99 [0 bids]
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible Genesis DVD Great Christian New 2004 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS LIVE - THE WAY WE WALK - IN CONCERT VHS PAL N&S US $7.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Children of the Corn: Genesis US $9.21 Buy It Now 1 day
[REC]¬_: Genesis / [REC]¬_: genese (Bilingual) US $10.13 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS - LIVE, ORIGINAL DVD - RARE PERU EDITION, NEW, SEALED.! US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS OF SHAPIRO LIBRARY documentary Ann Arbor Michigan 1995 dedication VHS US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS TO JESUS WITH SCOTT HAHN & ROB CORZINE EWTN DVD US $38.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Answers in Genesis - Answers For Life Curriculum Pack US $17.99 [0 bids]
Doctor Who: Ep. 78 Genesis of the Daleks (DVD, 2006, 2-Disc Set) US $7.82 [4 bids]
VHS TAPE - GENESIS - INVISIBLE TOUCH TOUR (1988) - CONCERT VIDEO - PHIL COLLINS US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion Complete Series on VHS Genesis 0:1-0:13 US $55.00 [0 bids]
Genesis - The Way We Walk in Concert (VHS, 1993) Phil Collins US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Movie: The End of Evangelion (DVD, 2002) Like New OOP US $49.99 [0 bids]
A is for Adam: The Gospel from Genesis DVD US $12.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis Debate Genesis Debate DVD US $8.16 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Genesis 2006 DVD USED NO CASE impact wrestling wwe angle joe sting abyss US $0.49 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum 06: Anime DVD: Slipcase in poor condition: ADV US $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Rec 3 Blu-Ray & DVD Combo Pack - Genesis US $9.99 [0 bids]
TNA Wrestling: Genesis 2011 (DVD, 2011) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie Collection - Death & Rebirth,The End of Evangelion US $22.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon genesis evanglion tv series & movie DVD set US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS INVISIBLE TOUCH TOUR VHS LIVE IN CONCERT 1988 US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EVANGELION NEON GENESIS PLATINUM EDITION VOLUME 02 & 03 ANIME DVD LOT 2004 EUC US $49.99 [0 bids]
TNA Genesis 2005 DVD NWA US $9.99 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $6.89 [0 bids]
Genesis Hi-Dee Live Invisible Touch Tour Japan Sealed Laserdisc LD Phill Collins US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LA HISTORIA DE JESUS, ESTER, JEREMIAS,SALOMON Y GENESIS (LA BIBLIA )ESPANOL US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Genesis Code (DVD, 2012) US $4.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion Japanese Perfect Collection 10-disc 2000 Anime US $44.99 [1 bids]
LA HISTORIA DE GENESIS(LA BIBLIA EN EL PRINCIPIO)NEW DVD AUDIO ESPANOL ONLY US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Aftermath Genesis Dvd Used US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Genesis (VHS, 2000) US $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VHS SET Of CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE GENESIS MOSES PASSION NEW SEALED US $4.99 [0 bids]
BLU-RAY Children Of The Corn: Genesis (Blu-Ray) NEW US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 - DVD Vol. 1: Genesis (DVD, 2000) NEW US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WHEN THE WIND BLOWS RARE VHS! NOT ON U.S. DVD! NUCLEAR WAR GENESIS, DAVID BOWIE! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bibleman Genesis: A Fight For Faith Live ~*Brand New & Factory Sealed*~ DVD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) Brand New US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE BIBLE COLLECTION #5 GENESIS (1994) DVD - Annabi Abdelialil (New US $3.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Night Head Genesis: Vol 5: Anime DVD: BRAND NEW: Anime Works 2009 US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Vol 3: Anime DVD: BRAND NEW: ADV Films 2001 US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Inside Genesis: 1970 - 1980 - The Definitive Critical Review DVD US $23.17 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS - REMEMBER KNEBWORTH 1978: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM - NEW DV US $22.04 Buy It Now 1 day
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 0:1-0:8 episodes 1-26 dvd lot with Death US $80.00 Buy It Now 1 day
R Squared Films. 91037541123 Dead Genesis Blu-ray Disc DVD US $31.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Allied Vaughn 091037541123 Dead Genesis US $32.78 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS In London (DVD) ratings distribution

GENESIS In London (DVD) reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars The status of this release is a bit strange: is it a legit release or not? Sold in legit record shops in my city and in well-known websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs around the world- I bought it in a legit record shop in my city five months ago. I asked then in the Forums in this website about to include this DVD the Prog Archives database. Finally, after a brief discussion with other Collaborators I didn`t include it. But what happened? For my surprise, it has been added to the Prog Archives database, so I`m going to write a review about it.

GENESIS was a very important band for me when I was a teenager. In fact, in 1980 I was becoming a big fan of the band. After buying for the very first time in 1979 their album called "...and then there were three...", by 1982 I had all their albums released until then. I also read in a Mexican Rock Magazine (now defunct) a review from a "Duke Tour" concert from the Hammesrmith Odeon in London. I hoped to one day to see a video from this tour. In December last year, I visited several of the legit websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs, Mexican and from foreign countries, and I was surprised to find at last a concert video from their 1980 tour. I didn`t buy it online because the price was higher due to the transportation to my house, and I couldn`t go to buy it then due to a second episode of sciatica (the first was in late 2004, when I joined Prog Archives as a Prog Reviewer) which didn`t let me walk long distances and even to stand up for more than 15 minutes! So, it was until late January this year that I could go to a record shop and buy this DVD.

Now, writing about this video, I`m going to write some commentaries:

"Deep in the Motherlode": as I wrote before, this song in this DVD has bad mixing, because the drums and the bass guitar are louder than the other instruments, and the keyboards are almost lost in the mixing.

"Dancing with the Moonlit Knight": a fragment from this song only.

"Carpet Crawl": a good version.

"Squonk": Rutherford has some problems to play the bass pedals during the first part of the song, but finally he resolves this problem for the rest of the song.

"One for the Vine": good electric piano playing from Banks, good drums too by Thompson and Collins.

The "Duke Medley" ("Behind the Lines", "Duchess", "Guide Vocal", "Turn it on Again", "Duke`s Travels", "Duke`s End"): each songis played in its entirety one after the other with little time passing between them. Collins`"Story of Albert" told before the Medley starts is funny, but weird, bizarre!

"Say It`s Alright Joe": with Phil acting the character of a sad drunk in a Bar. Very good interpretation, but this acting makes the song longer than the studio version, and a bit boring at the end.

"The Lady Lies": with Phil again acting characters of the Lady who tells lies and her villain friend. Very good guitar solo by Daryl Stuermer, great drums by Chester Thompson and very good synth solo by Tony Banks.

"Ripples": it is a shame that a very good song like this was cut due to a cameras` power failure. In this video, only the last part of the song is shown, while Mike Rutherford plays a guitar synth and Stuermer plays a very good guitar solo. It seems that Collins also played a bit on a little keyboard, because he can be seen briefly doing it.

"In the Cage" / "Slippermen" / "Afterglow": vey good versions, but with the "Slippermen" medley is shorter than in other tours.

"Follow You, Follow Me": good version similar as the one released in the "Three Sides Live" album.

"Dance in a Volcano" and "Los Endos": good versions too, but a bit different to other live versions.

"I Know What I Like": a good version, too.

In conclusion, this is a very good concert DVD, despite the quality of the images and sound is not as similar as in other concert DVDs from this band. It seems that it was recorded and filmed for a TV Broadcast, but I could be wrong.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#173164) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 06, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Duke of London

Long had I lived under the false impression that Genesis became a commercial pop band straight after (my favorite Genesis member) Steve Hackett left the band in 1977. I now know that I was very wrong about that! This excellent 1980 concert proved it to me. The only songs here that might be considered commercial pop songs are Follow You, Follow Me and possibly Turn It On Again. However, both of these are really good songs anyway! (and nowhere near the blatant commerciality of later things like Invisible Touch).

However, the sound and picture quality is not as good as the actual concert. If it was I would have been happy to give this five stars! Considering my low expectations and the low prize I paid for this, watching it was a true revelation for me (from Genesis to revelation?!) I had heard about half the tracks before and there are several songs here from my favorite Genesis albums A Trick Of The Tale and Wind And Wuthering as well as some Gabriel- era tracks. This led me to check this out.

The biggest positive surprise for me was in the (then) new tracks, especielly the ones from the And Then There Were Three album. The opener Deep In The Motherlode (misspelled on the box as Deep In The Motherlodge) is a great song and I have since bought the studio album from where it originally came - the underrated And Then There Were Three. One For the Vine from Wind And Wuthering is fantastic as are most of the other tracks here! One portion of the concert is devoted to material from the then brand new Duke album. This is another, but sadly the last, very good Genesis album.

Maybe this concert can be made better if it is given an upgrade in terms of picture and sound quality in the future. Until then, this version is recommended! Genesis is currently re-releasing all their studio albums on hybrid SACD/DVD-Audio. On the DVD-Audio version of Duke there is, as an extra feature, a selection of live tracks from this very show in London in 1980. Compared to this DVD, the bonus feature on the Duke DVD-Audio is presented in much better sound and picture quality. Too bad it isn't the whole show!

However, this means that it would be possible to upgrade the Live In London DVD and give it the same sound and picture quality as the selection on the Duke feature. We can only hope that it happens! Until then, this is recommended.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#177233) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 18, 2008

Review by rdtprog
COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
3 stars I have seen this DVD on the Japanese edition few years ago and was disappointed with the picture quality and the technical problems that was create because of a bad video transfer. Here the problems have been fixed and there is also a nice 5.1 mix that is not mind-blowing because of the original source of the sound. For those who want a great picture quality will have to pass on this one because it's dark and lacking of clarity. But for a Genesis fan, this is a must have, especially if you want the last really good album by the band, Duke. So the set list is very enjoyable with the songs from that album, with 4 songs of "And Then They were three", mix with some old favorites as well for a complete 2 hours and 10 minutes., concert. The performance is excellent from the band and give you a nice document of where Genesis was 30 years ago.

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#390048) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 30, 2011

Post a review of GENESIS "In London (DVD)"