IN LONDON (DVD)

- Tony Banks / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums

Recorded Live At Lyceum Ballroom, London, May 6th,1980.
Complete Concert
Studio: Quantum Leap
DVD Release Date: 30 Jul 2007

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS In London (DVD) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
TrespassTrespass
Fontana Mca 1993
FoxtrotFoxtrot
Wea Int'l 1990
Lot Evangelion Platinum Complete Collection Series Neon Genesis The End of DVD US $171.23 [29 bids]
49m 25s
Wholesale Lot of 25 Anime DVD 1st Volumes Beck MushiShi Nighthead Genesis Simoun US $34.94 [0 bids]
50m 8s
Genesis Surviver Gaiarth Stage 1 (VHS, 1993, Dubbed) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Genesis Surviver Gaiarth Stage 2 (VHS, 1993, Dubbed) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
VHS TAPE- GENESIS LIVE: THE WAY WE WALK - IN CONCERT (1993)- WE CAN'T DANCE TOUR US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Vol 7: Anime DVD: BRAND NEW: ADV Films 2001 US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 59m
THE GENESIS CODE - NEW DVD US $4.30 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (DVD, 2001) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Lot Of Two Charlton Heston Presents The Bible Genesis / The Story Of Moses US $1.95 [0 bids]
BILL MOYERS HEALING AND MIND WISDOM OF FAITH GENESIS Book VHS Audio FREE SHIP US $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 55m
GENESIS - ULTIMATE REVIEW (3PC) / NEW DVD US $42.94 Buy It Now 3h 48m
NIGHT HEAD GENESIS VOL: 1 REMINISCENCE (DVD, 2008) US $3.50 [0 bids]
Anime Neon Genesis Evangelion Vol. 1-26 End +2 Movie Complete DVD Box Set US $39.90 Buy It Now 4h 18m
FILMS OF LUC MOULLET: ANATOMY OF A RELATIONSHIP/GENESIS OF A MEAL - NEW DVD US $34.84 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Genesis US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Children Of The Corn Genesis Blu-Ray Disc US $14.90 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Genesis The Ultimate Review DVD US $25.98 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:11 Episodes 21-22 VHS US $5.01 Buy It Now 7h
GENESIS LIVE - THE WAY WE WALK - IN CONCERT VHS PAL N&S US $7.48 Buy It Now 8h 25m
Ultimate Athlete Fighting: The Genesis (DVD, 2003) US $5.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS The Best Of DVD US $19.90 Buy It Now 9h 33m
SUZUNE GENESIS - NEW DVD US $13.31 Buy It Now 10h 45m
LADY OF THE DARK: GENESIS OF THE SERPENT VAMPIRE - NEW DVD US $10.71 Buy It Now 11h 3m
Neon Genesis Evangelion: 1.11 Movie Anime DVD R1 US $22.95 Buy It Now 11h 47m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: THE END OF EVANGELION ~ SCI-FI ANIME ~ RARE VHS VIDEO US $94.04 Buy It Now 12h 5m
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION DVD-BOX '07 EDITION Japanese DVD-BOX TV+Movie Anime US $475.00 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Night Head Genesis Complete Collection Anime DVD R1 US $34.99 Buy It Now 13h 15m
PHIL COLLINS SERIOUSLY LIVE VHS IN CONCERT BERLIN GERMANY GENESIS DARYL STUERMER US $4.00 Buy It Now 13h 52m
DVD GENESIS THE VIDEO SHOW SEALED NEW US $12.68 Buy It Now 13h 53m
Dead Genesis - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $16.12 Buy It Now 14h 43m
Answers in Genesis, 16 DVDs (See listing below) US $119.99 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $3.25 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Directors Cut:Resurrection & Platinum:01 US $0.99 [0 bids]
17h
Neon Genesis Evangelion Japanese Perfect Collection 10-disc 2000 Anime US $49.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS DOUBLE DVD CONCERT THE WAY WE WALK US $24.95 Buy It Now 17h 37m
DVD-Genesis (Bible Stories) US $16.89 Buy It Now 17h 40m
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum box set US $60.00 [1 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - The Perfect Collection Box Set (DVD, 2002, 8-Disc Set) US $80.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS: THREE SIDES LIVE Australian Import PAL Tape! Clamshell Case! US $6.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS: INVISIBLE TOUCH TOUR Australian Import PAL Tape! Clamshell Case! US $6.00 [0 bids]
tna dvd Genesis 2010 wwe wwf wcw ecw roh pwg US $3.99 [0 bids]
19h
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
11 VHS ROCK MUSIC VIDEOS* GENESIS,* PHIL COLLINS,* MIKE & the MECHANICS US $19.95 [0 bids]
20h
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Perfect Collection US $39.99 [1 bids]
TNA Impact Wrestling Genesis 2007 & Kevin Nash Series 3 Action Figure US $15.99 [0 bids]
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 - DVD Vol. 1: Genesis (DVD, 2000) - *FREE SHIPPING* US $9.99 [0 bids]
Genesis of Aquarion (Sousei no Aquarion) Complete Anime DVD Series US $8.00 [3 bids]
The Doll Squad (1973) vhs Vintage Genesis Video US $9.13 Buy It Now 23h 26m
Suzune Genesis US $11.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis, Babel & the Chinese Language Genesis, Babel & the Chinese Language DVD US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
IMAX - Genesis: Four Billion Years in the Making (DVD, 1999) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion THE END + Perfect Collection Box Set + Death and Rebirth US $100.00 [0 bids]
REC 3 GENESIS New Sealed DVD US $12.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Death & Rebirth/The End Of Evangelion (DVD, 2005,... US $34.00 [3 bids]
Answers In Genesis Demolishing Strongholds DVD SET US $67.50 [0 bids]
Free Unlimited streaming Answers in Genesis Creationist HD videos with Ken Ham/C US $79.99 [0 bids]
TELENOVELA Dame Chocolate CARLOS PONCE GENESIS RODRIGUEZ 780 minutos 4 dvd set US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Farscape DVD Exodus From Genesis Throne For A Loss Season 1 vol 2 Bonus Features US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Charlton Heston Presents The Bible Genesis VHS Clamshell 1995 US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
2 DVD set GENESIS live in concert LAND OF CONFUSION hold on my heart INVISIBLE US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Hungarian Horizons: Live in Budapest New Sealed DVD Genesis US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Genesis 2005 DVD WWE WCW WWF ROH DGUSA Chikara PWG CZW EVOLVE IWA MS ECW US $5.00 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (DVD) *RARE* US $119.99 [0 bids]
Bible, The: Genesis (DVD, 2000) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dead Genesis DVD US $7.74 Buy It Now 1 day
TEACHING CO GREAT COURSE DVDs : BOOK of GENESIS brand new US $59.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BIBLE, THE: GENESIS - NEW DVD US $7.93 Buy It Now 1 day
La Bamba Party-VHS-GENESIS-Trini Lopez-Johnny Rodriguez-Feliciano-El Chicano US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHILDREN OF THE CORN: GENESIS - Blu-Ray (NEW) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TOTO AT VINA DEL MAR CHILE 2004 LIVE DVD SEALED Genesis Journey Marillion Boston US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA GENESIS 2005 PPV DVD LIKE NEW WWE WWF ECW ROH NEVER VIEWED US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA GENESIS 2006 PPV DVD LIKE NEW WWE WWF ECW ROH NEVER VIEWED US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA GENESIS 2007 PPV DVD LIKE NEW WWE WWF ECW ROH NEVER VIEWED US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROJECT: GENESIS (1993) DAVID FERRY - PHILLIP JACKSON - CROATIAN VHS US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis II (1973) ,Alex Cord, Mariette Hartley. DVD. NEW AND SEALED. US $28.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $6.89 [0 bids]
Creation:The Genesis Account & The Very Good Earth-Unlo US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS - THE GENESIS SONGBOOK - DVD* *SEALED* US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS 7: COMPLETE SERIES (12PC) / NEW DVD US $94.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis The Way We Walk Live In Concert (DVD, 2002) OOP w/ case and discs US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 01 (DVD, 2004, Platinum Edition) US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Wrestling Genesis 2007 DVD Kevin Nash AJ Styles Sting Christian US $8.00 [0 bids]
Cyberteam In Akihabara, Vol. 1: Cyber Genesis (DVD, ASIN: B00062J094) Brand New US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bible Stories - Genesis New DVD US $9.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis (Large Format) [DVD] (1999) n/a; George Casey US $7.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Anime Neon Genesis Evangelion Vol. 1-26 End +2 Movie Complete DVD Box Set US $39.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 5: Episodes 15-17 (DVD, 2001) FREE S/H NEW! US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Buck Denver Asks......What's in the Bible? DVD In the Beginning Genesis V1 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
REC 3 Genesis (Blu-ray + DVD) Leticia Dolera, Diego Martin NEW US $19.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis - Live At Wembley Stadium (DVD, 2004) US $29.00 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) Brand New US $4.99 [0 bids]
Wild, Wild Weather:The Genesis Flood & The Ice Age-Dr Vardiman-Creationism US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bible - Genesis by Annabi Abdelialil, Omero Antonutti, Sabir Aziz, B. Hadda US $5.43 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Wrestling - Genesis 2005 (DVD, 2006) US $5.50 [0 bids]
WWF RAW STRATEGIES AND SECRETS THE VIDEO GUIDE VHS SNES PSX SEGA GENESIS US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA GENESIS 2006 (DVD) *BRAND NEW* Sting/Abyss ~ LAX/AMW ~ AJ/Christian ~ Truth! US $5.50 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth DVD US $8.00 [0 bids]
WWF WRESTLEMANIA THE ARCADE GAME THE VIDEO GUIDE SNES PSX SEGA GENESIS US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS 1976-1982 5.1 SURROUND SOUND DVD SAMPLER RARE PROMO DVD US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS In London (DVD) ratings distribution

GENESIS In London (DVD) reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars The status of this release is a bit strange: is it a legit release or not? Sold in legit record shops in my city and in well-known websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs around the world- I bought it in a legit record shop in my city five months ago. I asked then in the Forums in this website about to include this DVD the Prog Archives database. Finally, after a brief discussion with other Collaborators I didn`t include it. But what happened? For my surprise, it has been added to the Prog Archives database, so I`m going to write a review about it.

GENESIS was a very important band for me when I was a teenager. In fact, in 1980 I was becoming a big fan of the band. After buying for the very first time in 1979 their album called "...and then there were three...", by 1982 I had all their albums released until then. I also read in a Mexican Rock Magazine (now defunct) a review from a "Duke Tour" concert from the Hammesrmith Odeon in London. I hoped to one day to see a video from this tour. In December last year, I visited several of the legit websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs, Mexican and from foreign countries, and I was surprised to find at last a concert video from their 1980 tour. I didn`t buy it online because the price was higher due to the transportation to my house, and I couldn`t go to buy it then due to a second episode of sciatica (the first was in late 2004, when I joined Prog Archives as a Prog Reviewer) which didn`t let me walk long distances and even to stand up for more than 15 minutes! So, it was until late January this year that I could go to a record shop and buy this DVD.

Now, writing about this video, I`m going to write some commentaries:

"Deep in the Motherlode": as I wrote before, this song in this DVD has bad mixing, because the drums and the bass guitar are louder than the other instruments, and the keyboards are almost lost in the mixing.

"Dancing with the Moonlit Knight": a fragment from this song only.

"Carpet Crawl": a good version.

"Squonk": Rutherford has some problems to play the bass pedals during the first part of the song, but finally he resolves this problem for the rest of the song.

"One for the Vine": good electric piano playing from Banks, good drums too by Thompson and Collins.

The "Duke Medley" ("Behind the Lines", "Duchess", "Guide Vocal", "Turn it on Again", "Duke`s Travels", "Duke`s End"): each songis played in its entirety one after the other with little time passing between them. Collins`"Story of Albert" told before the Medley starts is funny, but weird, bizarre!

"Say It`s Alright Joe": with Phil acting the character of a sad drunk in a Bar. Very good interpretation, but this acting makes the song longer than the studio version, and a bit boring at the end.

"The Lady Lies": with Phil again acting characters of the Lady who tells lies and her villain friend. Very good guitar solo by Daryl Stuermer, great drums by Chester Thompson and very good synth solo by Tony Banks.

"Ripples": it is a shame that a very good song like this was cut due to a cameras` power failure. In this video, only the last part of the song is shown, while Mike Rutherford plays a guitar synth and Stuermer plays a very good guitar solo. It seems that Collins also played a bit on a little keyboard, because he can be seen briefly doing it.

"In the Cage" / "Slippermen" / "Afterglow": vey good versions, but with the "Slippermen" medley is shorter than in other tours.

"Follow You, Follow Me": good version similar as the one released in the "Three Sides Live" album.

"Dance in a Volcano" and "Los Endos": good versions too, but a bit different to other live versions.

"I Know What I Like": a good version, too.

In conclusion, this is a very good concert DVD, despite the quality of the images and sound is not as similar as in other concert DVDs from this band. It seems that it was recorded and filmed for a TV Broadcast, but I could be wrong.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#173164) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 06, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Duke of London

Long had I lived under the false impression that Genesis became a commercial pop band straight after (my favorite Genesis member) Steve Hackett left the band in 1977. I now know that I was very wrong about that! This excellent 1980 concert proved it to me. The only songs here that might be considered commercial pop songs are Follow You, Follow Me and possibly Turn It On Again. However, both of these are really good songs anyway! (and nowhere near the blatant commerciality of later things like Invisible Touch).

However, the sound and picture quality is not as good as the actual concert. If it was I would have been happy to give this five stars! Considering my low expectations and the low prize I paid for this, watching it was a true revelation for me (from Genesis to revelation?!) I had heard about half the tracks before and there are several songs here from my favorite Genesis albums A Trick Of The Tale and Wind And Wuthering as well as some Gabriel- era tracks. This led me to check this out.

The biggest positive surprise for me was in the (then) new tracks, especielly the ones from the And Then There Were Three album. The opener Deep In The Motherlode (misspelled on the box as Deep In The Motherlodge) is a great song and I have since bought the studio album from where it originally came - the underrated And Then There Were Three. One For the Vine from Wind And Wuthering is fantastic as are most of the other tracks here! One portion of the concert is devoted to material from the then brand new Duke album. This is another, but sadly the last, very good Genesis album.

Maybe this concert can be made better if it is given an upgrade in terms of picture and sound quality in the future. Until then, this version is recommended! Genesis is currently re-releasing all their studio albums on hybrid SACD/DVD-Audio. On the DVD-Audio version of Duke there is, as an extra feature, a selection of live tracks from this very show in London in 1980. Compared to this DVD, the bonus feature on the Duke DVD-Audio is presented in much better sound and picture quality. Too bad it isn't the whole show!

However, this means that it would be possible to upgrade the Live In London DVD and give it the same sound and picture quality as the selection on the Duke feature. We can only hope that it happens! Until then, this is recommended.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#177233) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 18, 2008

Review by rdtprog
COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
3 stars I have seen this DVD on the Japanese edition few years ago and was disappointed with the picture quality and the technical problems that was create because of a bad video transfer. Here the problems have been fixed and there is also a nice 5.1 mix that is not mind-blowing because of the original source of the sound. For those who want a great picture quality will have to pass on this one because it's dark and lacking of clarity. But for a Genesis fan, this is a must have, especially if you want the last really good album by the band, Duke. So the set list is very enjoyable with the songs from that album, with 4 songs of "And Then They were three", mix with some old favorites as well for a complete 2 hours and 10 minutes., concert. The performance is excellent from the band and give you a nice document of where Genesis was 30 years ago.

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#390048) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 30, 2011

Post a review of GENESIS "In London (DVD)"