IN LONDON

- Tony Banks / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Daryl Stuermer / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums

Recorded Live At Lyceum Ballroom, London, May 6th,1980.
Complete Concert
Studio: Quantum Leap
DVD Release Date: 30 Jul 2007

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS In London Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Selling England By The PoundSelling England By The Pound
Atlantic 1995
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Seconds OutSeconds Out
Atlantic 1994
Nursery CrymeNursery Cryme
Wea Int'l 1990
Neon Genesis Evangelion Limited Champagne Edition #0044 Rare DVD Box Set 8-Disc US $332.00 Buy It Now 44m 14s
PHIL COLLINS SERIOUSLY LIVE CONCERT RECORDED IN GERMANY VHS VIDEO GENESIS US $9.99 Buy It Now 45m 2s
PHIL COLLINS The SINGLES Collection 15 Songs Genesis Band LaserDisc Edition US $11.99 [0 bids]
53m 38s
The Great Courses: The Book of Genesis US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis on DVD New Sealed US $6.45 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Brand New 08203X Dvd-Bibleman Genesis V5 (2-In-1) US $23.93 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Brand New 08206X Dvd-Bibleman Genesis V7 (2-In-1) US $23.93 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Movie: The End of Evangelion DVD anime lot rare US $49.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 03 (DVD, 2004) US $15.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum: 02 (DVD, 2004) US $15.99 [0 bids]
(4)Charlton Heston The Bible VHS Set Genesis,Passion,Moses&Jesus 2 new sealed.99 US $1.99 [0 bids]
Answers in Genesis 12 DVD Creation Series - Ken Ham US $41.00 [2 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 3: Episodes 9-11 (DVD, 2001) Brand New! US $0.99 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis Blu Ray Disc, 2011 US $4.98 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Collection 3, Good DVD, Takehito Koyasu, Miki US $40.62 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Collection 2, Good DVD, Guil Lunde, Tristan M US $32.96 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Genesis Live in Poland 1/31/1998, 2 DVD set , E.U import US $42.00 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition DVD Vol. 5. Sealed! US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
The Bible Genesis US $8.50 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Maestro's from the Vaults: Genesis Collection DVD US $27.36 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 0:6 - Episodes 18-20 (DVD, 2001) US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Broccoli Neon Genesis Evangelion: Battle Orchestra Freeshipping from Japan US $68.00 Buy It Now 8h 38m
GENESIS 7: THE COMPLETE SERIES - NEW DVD BOXSET US $58.80 Buy It Now 11h 12m
New Sealed How Do We Know the Bible Is True? DVD Set Answers in Genesis US $32.99 Buy It Now 11h 31m
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth - Manga Video - Region 1 US $19.95 [0 bids]
Bibleman Genesis - Divided We Fall Adventure (DVD, 2008) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Bibleman Genesis - A fight for Faith (DVD, 2006) NEW US $5.99 [0 bids]
Heavensent Genesis baby DVD Bible 7 Days of Creation Shower Gift Einstein Mozart US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Bible, The: Genesis (DVD, 2011) US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
THE ALIEN DEAD-VHS-GENESIS VIDEO-HORROR-SCI-FY-ZOMBIES-GORE-FREE SHIPPING US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 33m
Dead Genesis (DVD, 2013) US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 26m
THE BALLAD OF GENESIS AND LADY JAYE - NEW DVD US $19.63 Buy It Now 16h 55m
Phil Collins: All Live!/new dvd/all regions/Genesis US $47.99 Buy It Now 18h 8m
Genesis: Turning It On Again (DVD, 2008, 3-Disc Set) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum 6 Dvd Box Set Animation Anime Mint US $179.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Movie: Death & Rebirth (DVD, 2002) Rare Poster OOP US $17.99 [0 bids]
RARE ANIME! Neon Genesis Evangelion - Movie: The End of Evangelion (DVD, 2002) US $7.00 [0 bids]
BibleMan Genesis - Breaking the Bonds of Disobedience (DVD, 2008) Ages 6-10 US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 22m
The Bible Charlton Heston 3 DVD Set The Passion, Genesis, The Story of Moses NEW US $21.95 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Collection 0:1 (Episodes 1-4) Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hay US $25.00 Buy It Now 19h 39m
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth / The End of Evangelion, Good DVD, Tiff US $64.98 Buy It Now 20h 40m
D Is For Dinosaur (DVD) Answers in Genesis US $5.00 [0 bids]
A God of Suffering-DVD-Answers in Genesis US $10.00 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn: Genesis DVD US $3.14 Buy It Now 21h 13m
Genesis - Where Are We Coming From? (DVD, 2005) US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 41m
TNA Genesis 2006 DVD PPV NWA US $9.99 [0 bids]
TNA Genesis 2007 DVD PPV US $9.99 [0 bids]
Wholesale Lot of 25 Anime DVD 1st Volumes Beck MushiShi Nighthead Genesis Simoun US $34.94 [0 bids]
3 Answers in Genesis DVDs US $9.00 [0 bids]
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Ken Ham: A Walk Through Genesis Part 2 VHS TAPE Gary Parker US $3.86 [0 bids]
Genesis: Key To Rebuilding The Foundation In Family And Culture- SPANISH VERSION US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 18m
Six Days Or Millions Of Years? Spanish Edition, Ken Ham Answers In Genesis US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 20m
e5194 Brand New Japan Laserdisc GENESIS Live The Way We Walk in Concert 1992 ? US $32.70 Buy It Now 23h 21m
Genesis: The Key to Reclaiming the Culture Starring Ken Ham (DVD, 2004) US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE GENESIS VHS Christian US $6.00 Buy It Now 23h 57m
4 VHS SET CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE GENESIS MOSES JESUS PASSION NEW NR US $9.99 [0 bids]
TNA Wrestling - Genesis 2006 (DVD, 2007) ROH WCW WWE WWF ECW US $7.99 [0 bids]
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Ken Ham Gary Parker CREATION EVANGELISM VHS tape US $4.94 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL - SECRET WORLD LIVE (VHS) 1994 GEFFEN GENESIS US $1.99 [0 bids]
Charlton Heston Presents The Bible Genesis VHS Clamshell 1995 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Robotech - Vol. 13: New Generation - Genesis (DVD, 2002) US $1.00 [0 bids]
VHS TAPE- GENESIS LIVE: THE WAY WE WALK - IN CONCERT (1993)- WE CAN'T DANCE TOUR US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis Climber Mospeada / Southern Cross DVD Box Set Robotech Macross ADV Rare US $299.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bibleman Genesis Collection Volume 1 Set 3 episodes Christian Superhero New SS US $7.99 [0 bids]
Fossils & The Flood: What's the Connection? - Ken Ham - Answers In Genesis US $3.99 [0 bids]
Genesis: Duke - Hardcover Region 2 Brand New Free Shipping US $22.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis: Maestros from the Vaults - The Ultimate Collection - Hardcover Brand Ne US $36.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion Complete Tv Series 1-26 + 2 Movies Collection DVD in USA US $35.98 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Wrestling Genesis 2011 NEW (DVD, 2011) Pay-per-view 6 matches + more R4 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis Climber MOSPEADA Japanese Complete DVD-BOX TV Anime US $495.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DVD 4 Film Favorites: Charlton Heston Presents The Bible: Genesis, Jesus Of US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
genesis a history 90 minutes hi fi pal vhs dolby stereo 1991 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LD Phil Collins - Live at Perkins Palace 1983 Obi Japan Genesis w/ Sheet US $22.50 Buy It Now 1 day
LD Genesis - History of Genesis 1 Obi Japan Prog Phil Collins w/ Lyric Sheet US $42.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Professor Walter J. Veith 6 DVD Set Genesis Conflict Bible NEW SEALED US $19.75 [2 bids]
Yes - Keys To Ascension (DVD) PAL - Jon Anderson Genesis Prog Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
CHILDREN of the CORN Genesis(2011)SEALED Blu-ray Billy Drago Tim Rock Kai Caster US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CHILDREN OF THE CORN: GENESIS [BLU-RAY] - NEW BLU-RAY US $7.59 Buy It Now 1 day
SET OF 4 NEW VHS~Charlton Heston Presents The BIBLE~Genesis~Passion~Moses~Jesus US $4.99 [0 bids]
Children of the Corn Genesis Blu Ray NEW Stephen King Movie Horror Classic Seque US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Ken Ham Gary Parker GENES AND GENESIS VHS tape US $4.85 [0 bids]
ANSWERS IN GENESIS Creation Library SIX DAYS & THE EISEGESIS PROBLEM vhs Ham US $4.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 1: Episodes 1-4 (DVD, 2000) US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
New & Sealed!! CHARLTON HESTON presents THE BIBLE GENESIS VHS video US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:3 [VHS] Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hayashibara, Ko US $1.99 [0 bids]
Nighthead Genesis Series Complete Collection New 5 DVD Set Vol 1 2 3 45 No Box US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Things That Go Bump In The Night Dvd Answers in Genesis Do Black Holes Exist US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Why Won't They Listen DVD by Answers In Genesis featuring Ken Ham US $3.00 [0 bids]
Genesis: The Key to Reclaiming the Culture DVD featuring Ken Ham US $3.00 [0 bids]
Genesis: The Key To Reclaiming The Culture. With Ken Ham. DVD. US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Charlton Heston Presents the Bible - Genesis (DVD, 2001) New!! US $2.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS SURVIVER GAIARTH: STAGE 1 (1993--Subtitled) VHS US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Bibleman-Genesis-Conquering the Wrath of DVD US $4.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis: Behind the Music and in Their Own Words - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) US $20.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 21-22 (VHS, 1998, Dubbed) US $1.95 [0 bids]
VHS SET Of CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE GENESIS MOSES PASSION NEW SEALED US $4.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV 1 - 26 End) + 2 Movie Complete Anime DVD ENGLISH SUB US $37.90 Buy It Now 1 day
TNA Genesis 2012 DVD PPV US $9.99 [0 bids]
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth Manga Video RARE OOP DVD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis - The Genesis Songbook (DVD, 2001) US $5.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS In London ratings distribution

GENESIS In London reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars The status of this release is a bit strange: is it a legit release or not? Sold in legit record shops in my city and in well-known websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs around the world- I bought it in a legit record shop in my city five months ago. I asked then in the Forums in this website about to include this DVD the Prog Archives database. Finally, after a brief discussion with other Collaborators I didn`t include it. But what happened? For my surprise, it has been added to the Prog Archives database, so I`m going to write a review about it.

GENESIS was a very important band for me when I was a teenager. In fact, in 1980 I was becoming a big fan of the band. After buying for the very first time in 1979 their album called "...and then there were three...", by 1982 I had all their albums released until then. I also read in a Mexican Rock Magazine (now defunct) a review from a "Duke Tour" concert from the Hammesrmith Odeon in London. I hoped to one day to see a video from this tour. In December last year, I visited several of the legit websites dedicated to sell CDs and DVDs, Mexican and from foreign countries, and I was surprised to find at last a concert video from their 1980 tour. I didn`t buy it online because the price was higher due to the transportation to my house, and I couldn`t go to buy it then due to a second episode of sciatica (the first was in late 2004, when I joined Prog Archives as a Prog Reviewer) which didn`t let me walk long distances and even to stand up for more than 15 minutes! So, it was until late January this year that I could go to a record shop and buy this DVD.

Now, writing about this video, I`m going to write some commentaries:

"Deep in the Motherlode": as I wrote before, this song in this DVD has bad mixing, because the drums and the bass guitar are louder than the other instruments, and the keyboards are almost lost in the mixing.

"Dancing with the Moonlit Knight": a fragment from this song only.

"Carpet Crawl": a good version.

"Squonk": Rutherford has some problems to play the bass pedals during the first part of the song, but finally he resolves this problem for the rest of the song.

"One for the Vine": good electric piano playing from Banks, good drums too by Thompson and Collins.

The "Duke Medley" ("Behind the Lines", "Duchess", "Guide Vocal", "Turn it on Again", "Duke`s Travels", "Duke`s End"): each songis played in its entirety one after the other with little time passing between them. Collins`"Story of Albert" told before the Medley starts is funny, but weird, bizarre!

"Say It`s Alright Joe": with Phil acting the character of a sad drunk in a Bar. Very good interpretation, but this acting makes the song longer than the studio version, and a bit boring at the end.

"The Lady Lies": with Phil again acting characters of the Lady who tells lies and her villain friend. Very good guitar solo by Daryl Stuermer, great drums by Chester Thompson and very good synth solo by Tony Banks.

"Ripples": it is a shame that a very good song like this was cut due to a cameras` power failure. In this video, only the last part of the song is shown, while Mike Rutherford plays a guitar synth and Stuermer plays a very good guitar solo. It seems that Collins also played a bit on a little keyboard, because he can be seen briefly doing it.

"In the Cage" / "Slippermen" / "Afterglow": vey good versions, but with the "Slippermen" medley is shorter than in other tours.

"Follow You, Follow Me": good version similar as the one released in the "Three Sides Live" album.

"Dance in a Volcano" and "Los Endos": good versions too, but a bit different to other live versions.

"I Know What I Like": a good version, too.

In conclusion, this is a very good concert DVD, despite the quality of the images and sound is not as similar as in other concert DVDs from this band. It seems that it was recorded and filmed for a TV Broadcast, but I could be wrong.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#173164) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 06, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Duke of London

Long had I lived under the false impression that Genesis became a commercial pop band straight after (my favorite Genesis member) Steve Hackett left the band in 1977. I now know that I was very wrong about that! This excellent 1980 concert proved it to me. The only songs here that might be considered commercial pop songs are Follow You, Follow Me and possibly Turn It On Again. However, both of these are really good songs anyway! (and nowhere near the blatant commerciality of later things like Invisible Touch).

However, the sound and picture quality is not as good as the actual concert. If it was I would have been happy to give this five stars! Considering my low expectations and the low prize I paid for this, watching it was a true revelation for me (from Genesis to revelation?!) I had heard about half the tracks before and there are several songs here from my favorite Genesis albums A Trick Of The Tale and Wind And Wuthering as well as some Gabriel- era tracks. This led me to check this out.

The biggest positive surprise for me was in the (then) new tracks, especielly the ones from the And Then There Were Three album. The opener Deep In The Motherlode (misspelled on the box as Deep In The Motherlodge) is a great song and I have since bought the studio album from where it originally came - the underrated And Then There Were Three. One For the Vine from Wind And Wuthering is fantastic as are most of the other tracks here! One portion of the concert is devoted to material from the then brand new Duke album. This is another, but sadly the last, very good Genesis album.

Maybe this concert can be made better if it is given an upgrade in terms of picture and sound quality in the future. Until then, this version is recommended! Genesis is currently re-releasing all their studio albums on hybrid SACD/DVD-Audio. On the DVD-Audio version of Duke there is, as an extra feature, a selection of live tracks from this very show in London in 1980. Compared to this DVD, the bonus feature on the Duke DVD-Audio is presented in much better sound and picture quality. Too bad it isn't the whole show!

However, this means that it would be possible to upgrade the Live In London DVD and give it the same sound and picture quality as the selection on the Duke feature. We can only hope that it happens! Until then, this is recommended.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#177233) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 18, 2008

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
3 stars I have seen this DVD on the Japanese edition few years ago and was disappointed with the picture quality and the technical problems that was create because of a bad video transfer. Here the problems have been fixed and there is also a nice 5.1 mix that is not mind-blowing because of the original source of the sound. For those who want a great picture quality will have to pass on this one because it's dark and lacking of clarity. But for a Genesis fan, this is a must have, especially if you want the last really good album by the band, Duke. So the set list is very enjoyable with the songs from that album, with 4 songs of "And Then They were three", mix with some old favorites as well for a complete 2 hours and 10 minutes., concert. The performance is excellent from the band and give you a nice document of where Genesis was 30 years ago.

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#390048) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 30, 2011

Post a review of GENESIS "In London"