TRIPPER

Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Foetus (3:10)
2. Swarming (6:32)
3. Step Aside (4:38)
4. Prey and Predator (6:26)
5. Collecting Shields (5:57)
6. Doppelgänger (6:40)
7. Tortuous Tracks (3:39)
8. Monopolist (6:57)

- Rune Mølgaard / piano
- Thomas Husmer / drums, percussion, trumpet
- Rasmus Stolberg / bass, guitar

The Leaf Label

Thanks to burritounit for the addition

EFTERKLANG MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EFTERKLANG Tripper Music

TripperTripper
The Leaf Label 2004
Tripper & SpringerTripper & Springer
Special Edition
The Leaf Label 2010
Tripper + Springer by Efterklang [Music CD]Tripper + Springer by Efterklang [Music CD]
The Leaf Label

More places to buy EFTERKLANG music online Buy EFTERKLANG & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EFTERKLANG DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EFTERKLANG Tripper ratings distribution

EFTERKLANG Tripper reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Tripper is the debut full-length studio album by Danish experimental pop/ rock/ post rock act Efterklang. A really interesting debut album that shows lots of promise. I´ve heard Efterklang mentioned in Danish music magazines but regrettably never listened to their music before now.

The music on Tripper is an interesting mix between organic sounding instrumentation ( including string arrangements), subtle male and female vocals and electronic beats. The beats remind me a bit of the beats on Björk´s Vespertine (2001) album. Dry minimalistic electronic beats and rythmic sounds and noises. I listened to the album on my car stereo the first time I listened to it and I had to take out the CD to see if it was scratched because some of the beats and noises means that it sounds one to one like my car stereo sounds when a CD is scratched. Some really interesting beats even though they took some time to sink in. There´s an influence from Sigur Ros in the music IMO ( a bit of Tortoise too maybe?) but Efterklang definitely have their own sound on Tripper. The subtle and often unison male and female vocals are soothing but also a bit anonymous in the end. The music is generally very enjoyable though. Very atmospheric.

The musicianship is excellent. Good vocal performances and great interplay between the musicians. There are lots of guest musicians and singers on the album who add great variation to the music.

The production is really good. Warm and pleasant.

Tripper has left a good impression on me and I´m definitely going to check out the rest of Efterklang´s output. Hopefully in the near future. I would love to give this album a 4 star rating but I do find the vocals and the vocal melodies a bit anonymous at times so lets say it´s a BIG 3 star rating. I find Tripper very recommendable though and it might grown on me in time. I´ll change my 3 star rating to a 4 star rating if it does.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#221408) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 16, 2009

3 stars My second release from this Danish band I have added to my "watch list" for the next years. This is their first proper studio album. The music is a sort of post rock, but in a Scandinavian way. The mood is sad and downtuned like the band carries the weight of all their sins on their shoulders. ... (read more)

Report this review (#593878) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Wednesday, December 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EFTERKLANG "Tripper"