NEVER LET ME DOWN

3. Beat Of Your Drum
4. Never Let Me Down
5. Zeroes
6. Glass Spider
7. Shining Star (Makin' My Love)
8. New York's In love
9. '87 And Cry
10. Too Dizzy
11. Bang Bang

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down lyrics

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down tabs

- David Bowie / voice, additional guitar and keyboards, mellotron, moog, tambourine, harmonica, back voice, mid-song Rap on 7
- Carlos Alomar / guitar, synth guitars, tambourine, back voice

- Philippe saisse / piano
- Crusher Bennett / percussions
- Laurie Frink / trumpet
- Earl Gardner / trumpet, flugelhorn
- The Borneo Horns (Stan Harrison, Steve Elson, Lenny Pickett)
- Robin Clark, Loni Groves, Diva gray, Gordon Grodie / back voice
- Sid McGinnis / lead guitars on 1, 2, 11
- The Coquettes: Coco, Sandro, Charuvan, Joe, Clement, John and Aglae / back voice on 5
- Mickey Rourke / mid-song Rap on 7

1987: David Bowie under exclusive license to EMI America Records, a division of Capitol Records Inc. (PJ-17267)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Music

Virgin Int'l 1999
EMI Japan 2009
EMI Import 1999
Audio CD$10.99 (used)
EMI
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]
Original recording · Extra tracks
EMI America
Vinyl$21.55 (used)
David Bowie Never Let me Down LP Exc+++ USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
David Bowie 12" Single Never Let Me Down/'87 And Crying EMI America 1987 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 13m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN RARE ORIGINAL 1987 NEW SEALED CASSETTE TAPE! USD $29.74 Buy It Now 6h 32m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN - RARE AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE NM USD $22.50 Buy It Now 8h 41m
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - Original 1987 UK EMI 2-track 7" vinyl single USD $18.93 Buy It Now 17h 11m
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 DMM EMI 1st ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $50.00 Buy It Now 18h 33m
Never Let Me Down 7" David Bowie - 1987 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 20h 23m
DAVID BOWIE never let me down JAPAN mini lp SHM CD SEALED BRAND NEW USD $34.99 Buy It Now 22h 42m
David Bowie Promo 45 record Never Let Me Down Mint vinyl USD $0.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE: Never Let Me Down EMI USA Vinyl LP Shrink w/ Hype VG++ USD $20.00 Buy It Now 23h 28m
LP - DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - 1987 - Brazil USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - CASSETTE USD $5.83 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW +PROMO OBI OOP TOCP-70156 USD $37.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP NEVER LET ME DOWN BY DAVID BOWIE- CAT. NO. AMLS3117-EX. CON. USD $27.68 [0 bids]
Lot of 2 David Bowie RARE BLACK TAPE Let's Dance / Never Let Me Down EMI USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE-Never Let Me Down-OR.EMI MASTERDISK VG++/NM- LP/PHOTO-LYRICS INNER! USD $7.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down - RARE USD $58.30 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN CASSETTE TAPE USD $1.09 [1 bids]
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down CD, 1987 EMI USD $14.56 [0 bids]
Rare David Bowie Never Let Me Down CD Album Case Booklet Virgin US Promo 10 trk USD $55.11 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Never Let Me Down [remaster] by David Bowie CD (CD) Free P&H USD $13.76 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE "Never Let Me Down" 1987 USD $2.90 [0 bids]
Original David Bowie 7 inch Never Let me Down Single USD $11.66 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie 12" Never Let Me Down ( extended dance remix) 1987 UK original 1st USD $7.29 Buy It Now 1 day
1987 DAVID BOWIE "NEVER LET ME DOWN" Vinyl Record LP USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie-Never let me down-1987 magazine advert USD $7.27 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN CASSETTE 1987 EMI AMERICA DAY IN DAY OUT BANG BANG USD $14.56 Buy It Now 1 day
david bowie never let me down 1987 33rpm emi USD $21.85 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Cassette Tape EMI USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE - THE INTERVIEW "?" PROMO 1987 NEVER LET ME DOWN ERA USD $17.88 [0 bids]
USD $27.99 Buy It Now
DAVID BOWIE 1987 Vinyl 45rpm Single NEVER LET ME DOWN USD $7.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Rock Pop Rock David Bowie NM "Never Let Me Down" 1987 US LP Club Edition EMI Rec USD $0.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never Let Me Down LP Record in good condition USD $11.96 [0 bids]
USD $15.95 Buy It Now
Never Let Me Down [Remaster] by David Bowie (CD, May-2002, Virgin) USD $14.59 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down. Extended Dance Mix EP 45rpm VG Condition. USD $10.68 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (Cassette, 1987, EMI) VG USD $2.20 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down 1987 vinyl single USD $5.83 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down 7" EMI America 1988 USD $2.79 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down b/w '87 And Cry, 45 rpm, EMI B-43031 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE-NEVER LET ME DOWN- ROCK-EMI CANADA LP-VG++ 1987 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE never let me down 1987 - SQUARE - BUTTON BADGE official ex tour USD $2.90 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE-NEVER LET ME DOWN-BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED CASSETTE TAPE FROM 1987 USD $0.10 [0 bids]
David Bowie lot of 5 CD Let's Dance, ChangesBowie, Never Let Me Down, Earthling USD $1.29 [2 bids]
LP. David Bowie. Never let me down. 1987. EMI America. Venezuela USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Sealed DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down+1 JAPAN CD CP32-5398 1987 issue w/OBI 3008y USD $129.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 EMI Records 4PJ-17267 Cassette USD $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down, Japan CD New w/OBI USD $34.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Never Let Me Down - David Bowie - New CD - Free Shipping USD $14.44 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Cassette Tape 1987 T. Rex Kevin Ayers Pop Rock USD $5.39 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN ORIGINAL ADVERT 1987 SIZE APPROX 10 X 7" USD $11.65 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down UK 4 track Cassette EMI America Records EX USD $2.17 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never let me down cassette USD $3.95 [0 bids]
David Bowie ?- Never Let Me Down 1987 Greek Lettering Cassette in NM/M USD $19.90 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down USA Cassette Tape USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 12" LP 1987 Netherlands Press Near Mint USD $17.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Never Let Me Down by David Bowie (CD, Japanese Import 1999) Remaster LP sleeve USD $14.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE źNever Let Me Down╗ EMI USA 1987 ~CLASSIC BOWIE LP! NM- / NM USD $29.95 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - 1987 EMI UK 2-track 7" Juke Box vinyl single USD $29.14 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE 1987 "Never Let Me Down" LP SHRINK NM- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down RARE GREEK ORIGINAL lp w/GREEK LETTERS USD $7.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - Rare USA 2 track promo vinyl 12" USD $21.85 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down USD $10.00 [0 bids]
CD DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down EMI 1987 JAPAN ORIGINAL MINT USD $24.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN SINGLE VERSION 1987 UK 7" PS 45 EA 239 A-1-1-1/B-1 USD $7.27 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN RARE NEW SEALED CASSETTE TAPE! USD $22.88 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down 7" JAPAN TOSHIBA EMI RP07-2009 PROMO WHITE LABEL USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE_Never Let Me Down_used cassette_ships from AUS!_S3 USD $18.30 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN UK LTD ED 4-TRACK CASSETTE SINGLE TCEA239 1987 USD $33.51 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie 4 Vinyl Set (Scary Monsters,Never Let Me Down,Tonight,Let's Dance) USD $89.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Rare Vintage Vinyl LP Record David Bowie Never Let Me Down USD $20.00 [0 bids]
USD $40.00 Buy It Now
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN & '87 AND CRY 45RPM RECORD PICTURE SLEEVE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE never let me down CASSETTE SEALED RARE 4PJ-17267 USD $24.98 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (Cassette) USD $5.39 Buy It Now 6 days
12" DAVID BOWIE Never let Me Down NM UK EB349 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down LP vinyl Original 1st Press STILL SEALED USD $9.99 [0 bids]
1987 DAVID BOWIE EMI Never Let Me Down VINYL LP Album RARE MASTER DISK PJ-17267! USD $33.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down. Cassette. USD $4.36 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE "NEVER LET ME DOWN" EMI LP VINYL NM- SEALED DEMO DJ PROMO USD $30.00 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 5 Remix 12" Single 1987 ULTRASONIC CLEAN USD $14.40 Buy It Now 6 days
NICE! CD + 10pg INSERT- Never Let Me Down, DAVID BOWIE, rock tour 1987 Japan EMI USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $17.99 Buy It Now
DAVID BOWIE~NEVER LET ME DOWN/'87 AND CRY1987 EMI AMERICA U.S. SINGLE w/PIC SLV USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down JAPAN Mini LP SHM CD '87 TOCP-95056 Peter Frampton USD $45.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 1983 EXYU CASSETTE TAPE USD $16.24 Buy It Now 7 days
Rare David Bowie Never Let Me Down EMI 7in 1987 45RPM EX US IMPORT EAP239 USD $53.27 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE: Never Let Me Down/ '87 And Cry (Single Version) (45) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Sealed: David Bowie, Never Let Me Down (1987), 33 RPM, EMI Capitol #PJ-517267 USD $19.88 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN : FRAMED ORIGINAL CLASSIC ALBUM SLEEVE / COVER USD $21.50 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN / 87┤AND CRY UK PS 7" 1987 USD $6.56 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down CD 1999 (10 Tracks) Remastered NEW USD $8.67 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down JAPAN White Label PROMO 7" RP07-2009 $4shipping USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
45 RECORD DAVID BOWIE: NEVER LET ME DOWN, '87 AND CRY USD $4.47 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - EMI 2407461 French LP - original - as new USD $69.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down UK magazine ADVERT / mini Poster 11x8 inches USD $14.50 Buy It Now 8 days
CANADA ROCK 1987 45 RPM DAVID BOWIE : NEVER LET ME DOWN (7" REMIX EDIT) + '87 AN USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down NM New Zealand ST-17267 EB209 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Rare David Bowie Never Let Me Down CD Album Case and Booklet EMI America Japan USD $48.48 Buy It Now 8 days
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - DAVID BOWIE- NEVER LET ME DOWN USD $6.79 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE RARE NEVER LET ME DOWN IN BLUE VINYL - AUSTRALIAN / AUSTRALIA USD $55.39 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - 2007 Japan Issue CD With Promo Sticker USD $36.44 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie "Never Let Me Down" LP 1987 EMI PJ-17267 Shrink Sticker Lyrics NM+ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(4%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(7%)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars It took some three years to Bowie to recover from the release of "Tonight". His first blunder of his long career. No excuse as for his debut album. But here we go for what Bowie himself considers as his weakest album.

Actually, the first couple of songs are not that bad. But what is more interesting are both video clips. "Day-In, Day-Out" will be even banned from several TV channels (of which the BBC). Just have a look on You Tube. It is true that the images are rather raw and violent.

The second song "Time Will Crawl" will also be released as a single, but won't really chart. Just as the title track which is slightly better though. It is often considered as homage to Lennon. It is true that it reflects the melancholy of some Lennon songs. But I guess that the fans were cooled down by the harsh reviews of the album and were a bit hesitant in grabbing anything that had to do with it.

To be honest, even a song as "Beat Of Your Drum" is way better than most of the stuff available on "Tonight". Good guitar work, somewhat in the style of Fripp during "Scary Monsters". The guest guitarist is no one else than Peter Frampton and I must say that he raised the quality of some songs quite dramatically.

The same attempt is done with ."Zeroes". Rather humoristic for a title as well, but fortunately David released an OK song.Heavy (too) drumming, hypnotic and (too) repetitive beat though.

David brings us back in the "Diamond Dogs" atmosphere during the intro of "Glass Spider". A recitation depicting some sort of end of the world atmosphere. The storyboard is deeply sci-fi oriented. Some baby spiders being dropped on earth by a "Glass Spider" and be left alone. Things get worse for them when they figure out that all water has gone, which probably means death for them. The whole song features a fantastic rhythm and again a great guitar work from Peter Frampton.

The first blunder of this album is "Shining Star", but it is already the seventh track, so when compared to "Tonight" we are almost safe.

IMO, the highlight of this album is "New York's In Love". It is a mix between "Scary Monster" (the track) and "Day-In, Day-Out". I can understand that David is trying to repeat some parts of this great album, but each attempt on "Never Let Me Down" is of course inferior but again, the level remains pretty decent throughout the album even if towards the end, this cloning affair is a bit embarrassing ("87 & Cry").

The closing number is also a solid rocking number, as most of the songs featured actually. "Bang Bang" is a cover from a song written by old friend Iggy (he co-wrote it with Ivan Kral from the Patti Smith group). It is one of the songs of this album which is a pleasant surprise for me. Must have been twenty years that I didn't listen to it.

IMHHO, "Never Let Me Down" is a good album. Way better than "Tonight". Three stars.

Review by tarkus1980
1 stars Many people consider this Bowie's career low, even worse than Tonight or Labyrinth, but at least this has three tracks I like. The title track, as everybody points out, is an uncanny imitation of John Lennon circa 1980, and the combination of Bowie's vocal delivery and the great harmonica parts makes for a totally delightful experience. "Time Will Crawl" might essentially fall into the category of generic 80's pop, but it's got a genuine feeling of power in the lyrics and the beat, which is more than I can say for the bulk of the album. And you know, maybe I'm an idiot, but as far as generic semi-melodic 80's pop goes, I feel one could do a lot worse than "Shining Star (Makin' My Love)." It's just so freaking pleasant that I can't get myself to dislike it.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much all of the good that can be said for the album. This album feels like the quintessential Late 80's Album From A Washed Up 70's Star, and not even some sporadically decent guitar work (from Alomar and from guest Peter Frampton) can change that. There are a couple of instances where Bowie tries to reach into his past rather than relying solely on current trends, but they're total failures. "Zeroes" tries to conjure up memories of Ziggy Stardust and "Heroes", crossing them with synthesized audience noises meant to remind one of Diamond Dogs, and it irritates me to no end. "Glass Spider" (!) features Bowie reciting a nonsensical poem (!!) before going into a pop song no different from the bulk of the album. And believe me, the bulk of the album is just tacky and gross.

It's interesting to me that, in an interview a few years later, Bowie singled out this album and not Tonight as his low point. While I don't agree, I can definitely see where he was coming from on this. Once again, don't bother.

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars This will be only the fourth review for this album. It doesn't deserve much more. (It came out at the time when I was 16-17 years old and quite often bought vinyls, especially from bargain bins. Naturally the majority of those buyings are long gone.) It had been three years since his previous studio album, Tonight (if Labyrinth O.S.T. is not counted) and with this album he tried to rise from the low season in his career. Commercially he probably succeeded, but artistically? It depends what you compare this one to. I'd say this is better than Tonight (which is generally regarded as one of his worst albums ever). If it's better than his later albums, I can't really say, because I have never got much interest towards them. Outside I know to be better, that's all.

This is very very 80's album, starting from the cheap-looking colourful collache cover art. The hits had heavy circulation in the MTV ('Day-In-Day-Out', 'Time Will Crawl') and I sense a little joyous yuppie feel here: most of the the album is up-tempo, catchy pop with rather light contents.

Of course in the big picture of BOWIE's vast discography this one has very little weight, but as a product of its time, I wouldn't bark at it harshly. The production is relatively good, and there are some good songs. The adventurous 'Glass Spider' is easily the best one. 'Time Will Crawl' isn't bad either. Even some of those light pop tunes do have a certain charm (title track, 'Shining Star'). However there are quite many songs I wouldn't care to visit again even for nostalgic purposes. Not quite three stars, but two deservedly.

3 stars "Never Let Me Down" is just one of many Bowie albums that have been hated in retrospect. David Bowie described the album as his worst, and many fans are disappointed. But though this album may not be pioneering, it is a pleasant listening experience with some great pop tunes. The album star ... (read more)

Report this review (#906520) | Posted by The Mystical | Tuesday, February 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars It is so unfortunate to hear such a dissapointing album form one of my favourite artists. It has its redeeming values, but they are few and far between. The production is cold and tinny, just like the song writing. The opener, 'Day-In Day Out', at least is a not-too-bad song in the vein of Yo ... (read more)

Report this review (#175911) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, July 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "Never Let Me Down"