NEVER LET ME DOWN

3. Beat Of Your Drum
4. Never Let Me Down
5. Zeroes
6. Glass Spider
7. Shining Star (Makin' My Love)
8. New York's In love
9. '87 And Cry
10. Too Dizzy
11. Bang Bang

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down lyrics

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down tabs

- David Bowie / voice, additional guitar and keyboards, mellotron, moog, tambourine, harmonica, back voice, mid-song Rap on 7
- Carlos Alomar / guitar, synth guitars, tambourine, back voice

- Philippe saisse / piano
- Crusher Bennett / percussions
- Laurie Frink / trumpet
- Earl Gardner / trumpet, flugelhorn
- The Borneo Horns (Stan Harrison, Steve Elson, Lenny Pickett)
- Robin Clark, Loni Groves, Diva gray, Gordon Grodie / back voice
- Sid McGinnis / lead guitars on 1, 2, 11
- The Coquettes: Coco, Sandro, Charuvan, Joe, Clement, John and Aglae / back voice on 5
- Mickey Rourke / mid-song Rap on 7

1987: David Bowie under exclusive license to EMI America Records, a division of Capitol Records Inc. (PJ-17267)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Music

Virgin Int'l 1999
EMI America
Vinyl$11.90
EMI Import 1999
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]
Original recording · Extra tracks
EMI America / BMG Direct
Vinyl$28.00
Limited Edition
Virgin Records Us 2007
EMI Japan 2009
Never let me down (Ext. Dance Remix, 1987) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Never let me down (Ext. Dance Remix, 1987) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
EMI America
Vinyl$10.99 (used)
BOWIE, David/Never Let Me Down/45rpm record + picture sleeveBOWIE, David/Never Let Me Down/45rpm record + picture sleeve
Original recording
EMI
Vinyl$40.00 (used)
Never Let Me Down by David Bowie (CD, Dec-2009, EMI) USD $2.79 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down LP Vinyl Record USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
SEALED DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN LP BMG DIRECT VERSION 1987 EMI USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down CASSETTE Tape 1987 CANADA Press USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 28m
David Bowie Lot of 3 Different CD's: Never Let Me Down, Earthling, Reality USD $8.15 Buy It Now 7h 56m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN LTD JAPANESE CD SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
David Bowie-Never Let Me Down (1987/2007) Japan Mini LP, EMI ?, TOCP-70156, Rem USD $17.00 Buy It Now 10h 41m
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (Cassette 1987 EMI America) TESTED~Ships w/Trac.# USD $2.99 Buy It Now 12h 7m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN, EMI-C174212 CASSETTE TAPE USD $1.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down CASSETTE TAPE 1987 Made in Canada USD $4.45 Buy It Now 14h 33m
** DAVID BOWIE ** NEVER LET ME DOWN ** NM- ** IN SHRINK A GREAT GIFT ... USD $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 43m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN-SPECIAL JAPAN CD OBI 2000yen CP20 SEALED 1ST PRESS USD $99.99 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Never Let Me Down by David Bowie (CD, EMI Music Distribution) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 15h 22m
Never Let me Down - David Bowie LP PROMO USD $3.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down / Cassette Album Tape / 3171 USD $4.64 Buy It Now 22h 48m
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down / Japan CD / OBI / 1987 / CP20-5520 USD $33.99 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (Remastered CD 1999) USD $1.53 [0 bids]
AS NEW! DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 7" PICTURE PIC DISC USD $29.44 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down LP 11 Track With Inner UK Emi 1987 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - ALBUM - CASSETTE TAPE USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN-CD USD $1.54 [3 bids]
DAVID BOWIE never let me down 1987 - SQUARE - BUTTON BADGE official ex tour USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie "Never Let Me Down" 1987 (record club pressing) EMI 17267 NM USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OOP TOCP-95056 USD $33.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE "PROMO" Never Let Me Down (Single Version) RP07-2009 EP wc1537 USD $2.99 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN-SPECIAL 1987 JAPAN TO 1A1 CD OBI 2000yen CP20 1ST USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
7"-Single DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down (1987) HOLLAND PS USD $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down 12" 4 Track Extended Dance Remix B/w Dub Mix, Acap USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE Never let me down Special CD JAPAN ONLY CP20-5520 1987 USD $29.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ROCK DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN LP RECORD VG++ BOB LUDWIG MASTER DMM USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie / Never Let Me Down USD $4.64 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - 1987 VG++ CASSETTE CANADA USD $2.95 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 7-INCH PICTURE DISC USD $95.00 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie Never let me down 12" single.. USD $12.40 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down CD Rare 1987 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE never let me down Lp RECORD OG 1987 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN JAPAN PRESS w/OBI INSERT BIG POSTER!! NM!! USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE "NEVER LET ME DOWN" RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE NM USD $14.09 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE, Never Let Me Down USA NEW FACTORY SEALED w/sticker 1st pressing LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie NEVER LET ME DOWN Press japan CD W/ MEGA RARE PHOTO CARD !! 1987 USD $39.88 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN / 87ŽAND CRY UK PS 7" 1987 USD $6.74 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE / NEVER LET ME DOWN JAPAN ONLY SPECIAL CD OOP NEW USD $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down 7" Single Version B/w 87 And Cry Pic Sleeve UK Em USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Rare Original Official UK Record Company POSTER USD $69.75 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 12" Near Mint Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $10.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Never Let Me Down David Bowie Japanese vinyl LP album record EYS-91221 EMI USD $55.27 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (NEW CD) USD $14.32 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down CD single (CD5 / 5") Japanese CP20-5520 EMI 1987 USD $46.08 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down CD album (CDLP) Japanese TOCP-70156 EMI Japan USD $41.66 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down - Sealed Longbox USA CD album (CDLP) CDP7466772 USD $123.26 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN UK LP 1987 EMI AMLS 3117 A1/B2 + LYRIC INNER USD $16.28 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Rare David Bowie Never Let Me Down EMI CDP7466772 11 Track ADD Emi America JAPAN USD $42.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Rare David Bowie Never Let Me Down EMI 24 Bit 10 Track Re Master Emi EMI-UDEN USD $21.28 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE Rare Vinyl Lp NEVER LET ME DOWN EMI Original 1987 W/Inner Stunning! USD $15.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Never Let Me Down by David Bowie (CD, May-1987) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE : NEVER LET ME DOWN CD 11 TRK EMI AMERICA MADE IN JAPAN CDP 7 466772 USD $18.28 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Japanese CD single (CD5 / 5") CP20-5520 EMI 1987 USD $42.63 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie CD album (CDLP) Never Let Me Down Japanese TOCP-70156 EMI Japan USD $37.97 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie SEALED 80s ROCK LP Never Let Me Down 1987 USD $18.98 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE, NEVER LET ME DOWN. 1987 PJ-17267. LYRICS SLEEVE Record Vinyl EX/EX- USD $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE:NEVER LET ME DOWN,1987,EMI AMERICA,EX+ USD $1.61 [2 bids]
DAVID BOWIE "NEVER LET ME DOWN" 1987 STILL SEALED-CUT OUT HOLE IN JACKET-RARE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie LP Record Never Let Me Down USA Pressing w/ Shrink RCA PJ-17267 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
DAVID BOWIE never let me down JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (1987 UK limited edition 4-track cassette EP USD $4.64 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never let me down EMI America 3117 classic pop LP from 1987 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 1987 LP 33 RPM STILL SEALED USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - VINYL LP w/ORIGINAL LYRIC INNER SLEEVE USD $2.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE never let me down JAPAN mini lp SHM CD SEALED BRAND NEW USD $25.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN PJ-17267 VINYL LP 1987 ORIG PLAYS GREAT! VG++/VG!! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM RECORD DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down PICTURE SLEEVE PROMO COPY w/ REMIX USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
A1976 DAVID BOWIE / NEVER LET ME DOWN (JAPAN) CP32-5398 OBI (1A1 TO) USD $42.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CRANIUM'S David Bowie NEVER LET ME DOWN orig Lp SEALED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 5 Remix 12" Single 1987 ULTRASONIC CLEAN USD $12.60 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie-Never Let Me Down (VG+ Promo) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (New Cassette) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Cassette 1987 EMI America USA 4PJ-17267 New Sealed USD $6.39 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Sealed Cassette Tape NEW USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down CD Rock Pop Art Rare Fan Club Flyer USD $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Never Let Me Down Special CD David Bowie 1987 Japan CP20 5520 Obi Special HTF USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE - "Never Let Me Down" LP 1987 1st US PROMO IN SHRINK w/INNER (EMI) USD $16.88 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN RARE YUGO LP USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN RARE EXYUGO PRESSING LP MINT USD $28.69 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Cassette Tape EMI 1987 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down on EMI America Records PPJ17267 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE never let me down JAPAN 1st press CD CP32-5398 1988 3200YEN USD $15.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE "NEVER LET ME DOWN" EMI/CAP (PJ-17267) CANADA VINYL RECORD EX++ USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 Emi America Disco 12" 33 EP Strong VG+ USD $11.69 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE ~ NEVER LET ME DOWN LP ~ AMLS 3117 ~ NrM/NrM ~ UK 1987 A-1U/B-2U USD $24.79 Buy It Now 8 days
Vinyl Lp ~ DAVID BOWIE ~ Never Let Me Down ~ 1987 EMI PJ-17267 USD $10.57 Buy It Now 8 days
Never Let Me Down by David Bowie/new cd/Peter Frampton USD $6.59 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down CRC 1A RARE Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $42.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 1987 BEAT OF YOUR DRUM EX CASSETTE USD $3.88 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE 'NEVER LET ME DOWN' CD NEW+ USD $16.05 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - Rare USA 2 track promo vinyl 12" USD $23.24 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - Rare UK test pressing promo vinyl 12" USD $15.49 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - 7" Single - Picture Disc - Framed Wall Clock USD $38.74 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 45-rpm record USD $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie - Day In / Day Out 12" Remixes (from Never Let me Down LP) VG+ USD $2.50 Buy It Now 9 days
LP david bowie
LP reality
~ USD $22.04
LP the next day
~ USD $21.78

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(4%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(7%)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars It took some three years to Bowie to recover from the release of "Tonight". His first blunder of his long career. No excuse as for his debut album. But here we go for what Bowie himself considers as his weakest album.

Actually, the first couple of songs are not that bad. But what is more interesting are both video clips. "Day-In, Day-Out" will be even banned from several TV channels (of which the BBC). Just have a look on You Tube. It is true that the images are rather raw and violent.

The second song "Time Will Crawl" will also be released as a single, but won't really chart. Just as the title track which is slightly better though. It is often considered as homage to Lennon. It is true that it reflects the melancholy of some Lennon songs. But I guess that the fans were cooled down by the harsh reviews of the album and were a bit hesitant in grabbing anything that had to do with it.

To be honest, even a song as "Beat Of Your Drum" is way better than most of the stuff available on "Tonight". Good guitar work, somewhat in the style of Fripp during "Scary Monsters". The guest guitarist is no one else than Peter Frampton and I must say that he raised the quality of some songs quite dramatically.

The same attempt is done with ."Zeroes". Rather humoristic for a title as well, but fortunately David released an OK song.Heavy (too) drumming, hypnotic and (too) repetitive beat though.

David brings us back in the "Diamond Dogs" atmosphere during the intro of "Glass Spider". A recitation depicting some sort of end of the world atmosphere. The storyboard is deeply sci-fi oriented. Some baby spiders being dropped on earth by a "Glass Spider" and be left alone. Things get worse for them when they figure out that all water has gone, which probably means death for them. The whole song features a fantastic rhythm and again a great guitar work from Peter Frampton.

The first blunder of this album is "Shining Star", but it is already the seventh track, so when compared to "Tonight" we are almost safe.

IMO, the highlight of this album is "New York's In Love". It is a mix between "Scary Monster" (the track) and "Day-In, Day-Out". I can understand that David is trying to repeat some parts of this great album, but each attempt on "Never Let Me Down" is of course inferior but again, the level remains pretty decent throughout the album even if towards the end, this cloning affair is a bit embarrassing ("87 & Cry").

The closing number is also a solid rocking number, as most of the songs featured actually. "Bang Bang" is a cover from a song written by old friend Iggy (he co-wrote it with Ivan Kral from the Patti Smith group). It is one of the songs of this album which is a pleasant surprise for me. Must have been twenty years that I didn't listen to it.

IMHHO, "Never Let Me Down" is a good album. Way better than "Tonight". Three stars.

Review by tarkus1980
1 stars Many people consider this Bowie's career low, even worse than Tonight or Labyrinth, but at least this has three tracks I like. The title track, as everybody points out, is an uncanny imitation of John Lennon circa 1980, and the combination of Bowie's vocal delivery and the great harmonica parts makes for a totally delightful experience. "Time Will Crawl" might essentially fall into the category of generic 80's pop, but it's got a genuine feeling of power in the lyrics and the beat, which is more than I can say for the bulk of the album. And you know, maybe I'm an idiot, but as far as generic semi-melodic 80's pop goes, I feel one could do a lot worse than "Shining Star (Makin' My Love)." It's just so freaking pleasant that I can't get myself to dislike it.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much all of the good that can be said for the album. This album feels like the quintessential Late 80's Album From A Washed Up 70's Star, and not even some sporadically decent guitar work (from Alomar and from guest Peter Frampton) can change that. There are a couple of instances where Bowie tries to reach into his past rather than relying solely on current trends, but they're total failures. "Zeroes" tries to conjure up memories of Ziggy Stardust and "Heroes", crossing them with synthesized audience noises meant to remind one of Diamond Dogs, and it irritates me to no end. "Glass Spider" (!) features Bowie reciting a nonsensical poem (!!) before going into a pop song no different from the bulk of the album. And believe me, the bulk of the album is just tacky and gross.

It's interesting to me that, in an interview a few years later, Bowie singled out this album and not Tonight as his low point. While I don't agree, I can definitely see where he was coming from on this. Once again, don't bother.

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars This will be only the fourth review for this album. It doesn't deserve much more. (It came out at the time when I was 16-17 years old and quite often bought vinyls, especially from bargain bins. Naturally the majority of those buyings are long gone.) It had been three years since his previous studio album, Tonight (if Labyrinth O.S.T. is not counted) and with this album he tried to rise from the low season in his career. Commercially he probably succeeded, but artistically? It depends what you compare this one to. I'd say this is better than Tonight (which is generally regarded as one of his worst albums ever). If it's better than his later albums, I can't really say, because I have never got much interest towards them. Outside I know to be better, that's all.

This is very very 80's album, starting from the cheap-looking colourful collache cover art. The hits had heavy circulation in the MTV ('Day-In-Day-Out', 'Time Will Crawl') and I sense a little joyous yuppie feel here: most of the the album is up-tempo, catchy pop with rather light contents.

Of course in the big picture of BOWIE's vast discography this one has very little weight, but as a product of its time, I wouldn't bark at it harshly. The production is relatively good, and there are some good songs. The adventurous 'Glass Spider' is easily the best one. 'Time Will Crawl' isn't bad either. Even some of those light pop tunes do have a certain charm (title track, 'Shining Star'). However there are quite many songs I wouldn't care to visit again even for nostalgic purposes. Not quite three stars, but two deservedly.

3 stars "Never Let Me Down" is just one of many Bowie albums that have been hated in retrospect. David Bowie described the album as his worst, and many fans are disappointed. But though this album may not be pioneering, it is a pleasant listening experience with some great pop tunes. The album star ... (read more)

Report this review (#906520) | Posted by The Mystical | Tuesday, February 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars It is so unfortunate to hear such a dissapointing album form one of my favourite artists. It has its redeeming values, but they are few and far between. The production is cold and tinny, just like the song writing. The opener, 'Day-In Day Out', at least is a not-too-bad song in the vein of Yo ... (read more)

Report this review (#175911) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, July 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "Never Let Me Down"