NEVER LET ME DOWN

3. Beat Of Your Drum
4. Never Let Me Down
5. Zeroes
6. Glass Spider
7. Shining Star (Makin' My Love)
8. New York's In love
9. '87 And Cry
10. Too Dizzy
11. Bang Bang

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down lyrics

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down tabs

- David Bowie / voice, additional guitar and keyboards, mellotron, moog, tambourine, harmonica, back voice, mid-song Rap on 7
- Carlos Alomar / guitar, synth guitars, tambourine, back voice

- Philippe saisse / piano
- Crusher Bennett / percussions
- Laurie Frink / trumpet
- Earl Gardner / trumpet, flugelhorn
- The Borneo Horns (Stan Harrison, Steve Elson, Lenny Pickett)
- Robin Clark, Loni Groves, Diva gray, Gordon Grodie / back voice
- Sid McGinnis / lead guitars on 1, 2, 11
- The Coquettes: Coco, Sandro, Charuvan, Joe, Clement, John and Aglae / back voice on 5
- Mickey Rourke / mid-song Rap on 7

1987: David Bowie under exclusive license to EMI America Records, a division of Capitol Records Inc. (PJ-17267)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Music

Virgin Int'l 1999
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]
Original recording · Extra tracks
Audio Cassette$2.98
EMI America
Vinyl$12.88
EMI Japan 2009
Never let me down (Ext. Dance Remix, 1987) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Never let me down (Ext. Dance Remix, 1987) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
Vinyl$10.99 (used)
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down CD Rock Pop Art Rare Fan Club Flyer USD $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down AMLS3117 LP Ay2573 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - "Never Let Me Down" LP 1987 1st US PROMO IN SHRINK w/INNER (EMI) USD $15.88 Buy It Now 6h 48m
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down LP 11 Track With Inner UK Emi 1987 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 13h 59m
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down LP 11 Track With Inner Sleeve Has Sticker On Front USD $8.25 Buy It Now 13h 59m
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Japanese CD single (CD5 / 5") CP20-5520 EMI 1987 USD $43.30 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Never Let Me Down - Sealed Longbox David Bowie CD album (CDLP) USA CDP7466772 USD $124.77 Buy It Now 16h 47m
David Bowie book Never Let Me Down - Songbook USA SONGBOOK HAL LEONARD 1987 USD $49.67 Buy It Now 17h 40m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN RARE EXYUGO PRESSING LP MINT USD $34.99 Buy It Now 21h 15m
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - UNPLAYED CD USD $15.00 Buy It Now 21h 37m
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Cassette Tape EMI 1987 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 23h 9m
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down on EMI America Records PPJ17267 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down EYS-91221 LP Ay1564 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down PJ-17267 LP Aw3950 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down EYS-91221 OBI LP Aw1125 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Never Let Me Down Special CD David Bowie 1987 Japan CP20 5520 Obi Special HTF USD $28.99 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 12" Near Mint Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $10.20 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down 12" 4 Track Extended Dance Remix B/w Dub Mix, Acap USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE: Never Let Me Down. RARE Aussie/OZ cassette. USD $7.65 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 Emi America Disco 12" 33 EP Strong VG+ USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down 7" Single Version B/w 87 And Cry Pic Sleeve UK Em USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE never let me down JAPAN 1st press CD CP32-5398 1988 3200YEN USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE ~ NEVER LET ME DOWN LP ~ AMLS 3117 ~ NrM/NrM ~ UK 1987 A-1U/B-2U USD $22.03 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE "NEVER LET ME DOWN" EMI/CAP (PJ-17267) CANADA VINYL RECORD EX++ USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Japan Press DIDX 1378 (LN Condiiton) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
* Original 1987 Factory SEALED David Bowie LP "Never Let Me Down" EMI PJ-517267 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie 12" LP Never Let Me Down PJ 17267 NM!! USD $4.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 1987 BEAT OF YOUR DRUM EX CASSETTE USD $3.94 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE 'NEVER LET ME DOWN' CD NEW+ USD $15.66 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - EXTENDED DANCE REMIX -12EA 239 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - 7" Single - Picture Disc - Framed Wall Clock USD $39.34 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down SEALED Original Shrink-wrap Promo LP Record 1987 USD $30.06 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie - Day In / Day Out 12" Remixes (from Never Let me Down LP) VG+ USD $1.71 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE LP RECORD, NEVER LET ME DOWN USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE_Never Let Me Down_used cassette_ships from AUS!_D2 USD $9.18 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie, Never Let Me Down, NEW/MINT UK 7 inch vinyl single USD $17.30 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie ?- Never Let me Down Japan orig' EMI America LP w/poster 1987 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED USD $3.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie 12" Single Never Let Me Down/'87 And Crying EMI America 1987 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie; Never Let Me Down on LP USD $9.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never Let Me Down UK cassette single TCEA239 EMI 1987 USD $35.41 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie "Never Let Me Down" LP USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Never Let Me Down-David Bowie LP USD $10.94 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down CD ORG EMI CDP 7 46677 2 Rock Pop USD $7.00 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Replica Stamp Set USD $1.56 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE-NEVER LET ME DOWN-1987-EMI AMERICA-AMLS3117 A2/B2-NEAR EXCELLENT USD $6.30 Buy It Now 4 days
3 x 7" UK PS singles DAVID BOWIE Blue Jean Never Let Me Down Absolute Beginners USD $1.56 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down / Album Cassette Tape / EMI 1987 / 662 USD $6.28 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie CD " Never Let Me Down - 1987 original. USD $1.56 [0 bids]
Never Let Me Down (A1 / B1) by David Bowie USD $13.38 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE, NEVER LET ME DOWN, 1987, LYRIC INNER, NEAR MINT CONDITION USD $11.01 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down CD Promo obi Japan Mini LP USD $15.73 [0 bids]
LP - DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - 1987 - Brazil USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN, EMI-C174212 CASSETTE TAPE USD $1.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE-NEVER LET ME DOWN-1987-JAPAN-EMI AMERICA CDP7466772 DIDX1378-CD-MINT USD $22.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Vinyl Lp Record Oz Press W/inner ST 240746 USD $10.32 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (Remastered CD 1999) USD $1.56 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - CASSETTE TAPE ALBUM USD $6.28 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie-Never let me down-1987 magazine advert USD $7.86 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 45-rpm record USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down NEW CD USD $10.85 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie Rare LTD Classic Japan Mixes Dance CD - Never Let Me Down ! USD $6.78 [0 bids]
(DAVID BOWIE-Never Let me Down)-certified Gold by the RIAA inJuly 1987-F5-LP USD $6.11 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down CRC 1A RARE Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $42.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Never Let me Down - David Bowie LP PROMO USD $3.49 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN ULTRA RARE NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE TAPE! USD $19.13 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! USD $11.48 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down LP Record PROMO SEALED USD $19.98 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Special RARE JAPAN ONLY CD OBI CP20-5520 1A1 TO USD $23.99 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 EMI Records 4PJ-17267 Cassette USD $5.95 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Tonight/Never Let Me Down Excellent Condition 2 LP USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down - CASSETTE USA 1987 - Dolby Stereo -Tape - TESTED! USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie 1987 The Glass Spider/Never Let me Down programme Ziggy Stardust USD $31.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Performer-David Bowie .. Never Let Me Down USD $9.50 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - DAVID BOWIE- NEVER LET ME DOWN USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Cassette Tape 1987 T. Rex Kevin Ayers Pop Rock USD $5.39 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (mini LP) [SHM-CD] [Ltd] (Japan) USD $64.23 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - Rock LP SEALED USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down USA Cassette Tape USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN SEALED CD NEW USD $10.16 Buy It Now 8 days
1987 DAVID BOWIE LP Never Let Me Down BMG PRESS SEALED USD $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE tonight & never let me down ( rock ) - 2 LP LOT - USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - EMI AMERICA RECORDS LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie : Never Let Me Down : Album : Cassette : EMI America : TCAMLS 3117 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down LP EMI PJ-17267 NM/NM Must Own!! USD $10.25 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - 1987 EMI UK 2-track 7" Juke Box vinyl single USD $31.47 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE 1987 "Never Let Me Down" LP SHRINK NM- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN CASSETTE 1987 EMI AMERICA DAY IN DAY OUT BANG BANG USD $9.43 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN SINGLE VERSION 1987 UK 7" PS 45 EA 239 A-1-1-1/B-1 USD $7.86 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE-NEVER LET ME DOWN EMI PJ-17267 VG/NM LP USD $7.48 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN LP GREAT CONDITION USD $9.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE_Never Let Me Down_used cassette_ships from AUS!_S3 USD $9.18 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 5 Remix 12" Single 1987 ULTRASONIC CLEAN USD $14.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE never let me down CASSETTE SEALED RARE 4PJ-17267 USD $24.98 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down [Mini LP] [Ltd] USD $32.85 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (Cassette) USD $5.39 Buy It Now 10 days
12" DAVID BOWIE Never let Me Down NM UK EB349 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DAVID BOWIE / NEVER LET ME DOWN JAPAN PAPER SLEEVE MINI LP CD w/OBI USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Never Let Me Down David Bowie vinyl LP album record UK AMLS3117 EMI AMERICA USD $26.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Never Let Me Down David Bowie USA CD album (CDLP) CDP7466772 EMI 1987 USD $66.90 Buy It Now 10 days
LP david bowie
LP reality
~ USD $22.59
LP the next day
~ USD $22.32

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(4%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(7%)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars It took some three years to Bowie to recover from the release of "Tonight". His first blunder of his long career. No excuse as for his debut album. But here we go for what Bowie himself considers as his weakest album.

Actually, the first couple of songs are not that bad. But what is more interesting are both video clips. "Day-In, Day-Out" will be even banned from several TV channels (of which the BBC). Just have a look on You Tube. It is true that the images are rather raw and violent.

The second song "Time Will Crawl" will also be released as a single, but won't really chart. Just as the title track which is slightly better though. It is often considered as homage to Lennon. It is true that it reflects the melancholy of some Lennon songs. But I guess that the fans were cooled down by the harsh reviews of the album and were a bit hesitant in grabbing anything that had to do with it.

To be honest, even a song as "Beat Of Your Drum" is way better than most of the stuff available on "Tonight". Good guitar work, somewhat in the style of Fripp during "Scary Monsters". The guest guitarist is no one else than Peter Frampton and I must say that he raised the quality of some songs quite dramatically.

The same attempt is done with ."Zeroes". Rather humoristic for a title as well, but fortunately David released an OK song.Heavy (too) drumming, hypnotic and (too) repetitive beat though.

David brings us back in the "Diamond Dogs" atmosphere during the intro of "Glass Spider". A recitation depicting some sort of end of the world atmosphere. The storyboard is deeply sci-fi oriented. Some baby spiders being dropped on earth by a "Glass Spider" and be left alone. Things get worse for them when they figure out that all water has gone, which probably means death for them. The whole song features a fantastic rhythm and again a great guitar work from Peter Frampton.

The first blunder of this album is "Shining Star", but it is already the seventh track, so when compared to "Tonight" we are almost safe.

IMO, the highlight of this album is "New York's In Love". It is a mix between "Scary Monster" (the track) and "Day-In, Day-Out". I can understand that David is trying to repeat some parts of this great album, but each attempt on "Never Let Me Down" is of course inferior but again, the level remains pretty decent throughout the album even if towards the end, this cloning affair is a bit embarrassing ("87 & Cry").

The closing number is also a solid rocking number, as most of the songs featured actually. "Bang Bang" is a cover from a song written by old friend Iggy (he co-wrote it with Ivan Kral from the Patti Smith group). It is one of the songs of this album which is a pleasant surprise for me. Must have been twenty years that I didn't listen to it.

IMHHO, "Never Let Me Down" is a good album. Way better than "Tonight". Three stars.

Review by tarkus1980
1 stars Many people consider this Bowie's career low, even worse than Tonight or Labyrinth, but at least this has three tracks I like. The title track, as everybody points out, is an uncanny imitation of John Lennon circa 1980, and the combination of Bowie's vocal delivery and the great harmonica parts makes for a totally delightful experience. "Time Will Crawl" might essentially fall into the category of generic 80's pop, but it's got a genuine feeling of power in the lyrics and the beat, which is more than I can say for the bulk of the album. And you know, maybe I'm an idiot, but as far as generic semi-melodic 80's pop goes, I feel one could do a lot worse than "Shining Star (Makin' My Love)." It's just so freaking pleasant that I can't get myself to dislike it.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much all of the good that can be said for the album. This album feels like the quintessential Late 80's Album From A Washed Up 70's Star, and not even some sporadically decent guitar work (from Alomar and from guest Peter Frampton) can change that. There are a couple of instances where Bowie tries to reach into his past rather than relying solely on current trends, but they're total failures. "Zeroes" tries to conjure up memories of Ziggy Stardust and "Heroes", crossing them with synthesized audience noises meant to remind one of Diamond Dogs, and it irritates me to no end. "Glass Spider" (!) features Bowie reciting a nonsensical poem (!!) before going into a pop song no different from the bulk of the album. And believe me, the bulk of the album is just tacky and gross.

It's interesting to me that, in an interview a few years later, Bowie singled out this album and not Tonight as his low point. While I don't agree, I can definitely see where he was coming from on this. Once again, don't bother.

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars This will be only the fourth review for this album. It doesn't deserve much more. (It came out at the time when I was 16-17 years old and quite often bought vinyls, especially from bargain bins. Naturally the majority of those buyings are long gone.) It had been three years since his previous studio album, Tonight (if Labyrinth O.S.T. is not counted) and with this album he tried to rise from the low season in his career. Commercially he probably succeeded, but artistically? It depends what you compare this one to. I'd say this is better than Tonight (which is generally regarded as one of his worst albums ever). If it's better than his later albums, I can't really say, because I have never got much interest towards them. Outside I know to be better, that's all.

This is very very 80's album, starting from the cheap-looking colourful collache cover art. The hits had heavy circulation in the MTV ('Day-In-Day-Out', 'Time Will Crawl') and I sense a little joyous yuppie feel here: most of the the album is up-tempo, catchy pop with rather light contents.

Of course in the big picture of BOWIE's vast discography this one has very little weight, but as a product of its time, I wouldn't bark at it harshly. The production is relatively good, and there are some good songs. The adventurous 'Glass Spider' is easily the best one. 'Time Will Crawl' isn't bad either. Even some of those light pop tunes do have a certain charm (title track, 'Shining Star'). However there are quite many songs I wouldn't care to visit again even for nostalgic purposes. Not quite three stars, but two deservedly.

3 stars "Never Let Me Down" is just one of many Bowie albums that have been hated in retrospect. David Bowie described the album as his worst, and many fans are disappointed. But though this album may not be pioneering, it is a pleasant listening experience with some great pop tunes. The album star ... (read more)

Report this review (#906520) | Posted by The Mystical | Tuesday, February 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars It is so unfortunate to hear such a dissapointing album form one of my favourite artists. It has its redeeming values, but they are few and far between. The production is cold and tinny, just like the song writing. The opener, 'Day-In Day Out', at least is a not-too-bad song in the vein of Yo ... (read more)

Report this review (#175911) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, July 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "Never Let Me Down"