NEVER LET ME DOWN

3. Beat Of Your Drum
4. Never Let Me Down
5. Zeroes
6. Glass Spider
7. Shining Star (Makin' My Love)
8. New York's In love
9. '87 And Cry
10. Too Dizzy
11. Bang Bang

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down lyrics

Search DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down tabs

- David Bowie / voice, additional guitar and keyboards, mellotron, moog, tambourine, harmonica, back voice, mid-song Rap on 7
- Carlos Alomar / guitar, synth guitars, tambourine, back voice

- Philippe saisse / piano
- Crusher Bennett / percussions
- Laurie Frink / trumpet
- Earl Gardner / trumpet, flugelhorn
- The Borneo Horns (Stan Harrison, Steve Elson, Lenny Pickett)
- Robin Clark, Loni Groves, Diva gray, Gordon Grodie / back voice
- Sid McGinnis / lead guitars on 1, 2, 11
- The Coquettes: Coco, Sandro, Charuvan, Joe, Clement, John and Aglae / back voice on 5
- Mickey Rourke / mid-song Rap on 7

1987: David Bowie under exclusive license to EMI America Records, a division of Capitol Records Inc. (PJ-17267)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down Music

Virgin Int'l 1999
EMI
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]David Bowie: Never Let Me Down (11 Tracks) (Custom Inner Sleeve Contains Lyrics, Personnel) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]
Original recording · Extra tracks
Audio CD$7.68 (used)
Import · Remastered
Wea Japan 2014
EMI Japan 2009
BOWIE, David/Never Let Me Down/45rpm record + picture sleeveBOWIE, David/Never Let Me Down/45rpm record + picture sleeve
Original recording
Vinyl$30.00 (used)
David Bowie - 7David Bowie - 7" limited edition picture disc - never let me down
Vinyl$39.99 (used)
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 5 Remix 12" Single 1987 ULTRASONIC CLEAN USD $18.00 Buy It Now 8h 30m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN RARE EXYUGO PRESSING LP MINT USD $20.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Audio Cassettes USD $11.99 Buy It Now 14h 58m
' DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN rare GREEK LETTERING LP 1987 SEMI SEALED ! USD $30.37 Buy It Now 16h 56m
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down on EMI America Records PPJ17267 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 19h 6m
1987 Promo Vinyl 12" Record Album 1 Owner David Bowie Never Let Me Down USD $3.99 [0 bids]
1987 DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN EMI AMERICA PJ 17267 12" LP RECORD USD $6.99 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - TEMPLAR RECORDS - RARE - 2 CD USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down+1 JAPAN CD CP32-5398 1987 issue 3,200JPY w/Insert USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN LP MINT VINYL W DUST JACKET WOW CLEAN USD $7.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie "Never Let Me Down" CD EMI America CDP-7-46677-2 USD $4.00 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - Rare USA 2 track promo vinyl 12" USD $19.61 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down. Extended Dance Mix EP 45rpm VG Condition. USD $10.43 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE 'NEVER LET ME DOWN' CD NEW+ USD $15.23 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (Digitally Remastered, 2002) New USD $7.78 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie 45 Never Let Me Down / '87 And Cry w/ts VG++ USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie ~ NEVER LET ME DOWN ~ cd 1987 NEW LONGBOX (longbox) Peter Frampton USD $228.99 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down SEALED Original Shrink-wrap Promo LP Record 1987 USD $32.06 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down ORIGINAL UK LP USD $9.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE LP RECORD, NEVER LET ME DOWN USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 12" LP 1987 Netherlands Press Near Mint USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
1987 DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN NM EMI PICTURE SLEEVE 45 RPM RECORD USD $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN cassette pop glam rock EMI 1987 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Cassette Tape Time Will Crawl Day In Day Out More USD $2.94 Buy It Now 2 days
2 David Bowie NEAR MINT 12" vinyl LPs 1983 Let's Dance/1987 Never Let Me Down NM USD $44.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Never Let Me Down [LP] by David Bowie; 1987 EMI Records ((SEALED)) USD $8.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE_Never Let Me Down_used cassette_ships from AUS!_D2 USD $17.87 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie 12" Single Never Let Me Down/'87 And Crying EMI America 1987 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN & DAY IN DAY OUT- (EXTENDED DANCE MIXES) - 2 LPS USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
David Bowie, NEVER LET ME DOWN, EMI LP - Promo Issue / Numbered / VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - Original 1987 UK EMI 2-track 7" vinyl single USD $17.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Never Let Me Down 7" David Bowie - 1987 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE 4 Cassette tapes Changesbowie David Live Never Let Me Down Tonight USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE never let me down JAPAN mini lp SHM CD SEALED BRAND NEW USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down USD $10.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE: Never Let Me Down EMI USA Vinyl LP Shrink w/ Hype VG++ USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LP - DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - 1987 - Brazil USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN B43031 EP ww4407 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never Let me Down LP Exc+++ USD $6.07 [0 bids]
USD $9.11 Buy It Now
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (1987) JAPAN LTD MINI LP CD SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW Never Let Me Down [remaster] by David Bowie CD (CD) Free P&H USD $13.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Philippines David Bowie EP 12" Never let me down USD $100.00 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie-Never let me down-1987 magazine advert USD $6.53 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE-NEVER LET ME DOWN-JAPAN CD C68 USD $17.50 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (1987) JAPAN LTD MINI LP CD SEALED USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Original David Bowie Vinyl Never Let Me Down 1987 Uk Release USD $3.93 [0 bids]
Rare David Bowie Never Let Me Down CD Album Case Booklet Virgin US Promo 10 trk USD $56.10 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! USD $11.17 Buy It Now 5 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (1987, EMI) cassette. Worst Bowie album? No way! USD $3.50 Buy It Now 5 days
NICE! CD + 10pg INSERT- Never Let Me Down, DAVID BOWIE, rock tour 1987 Japan EMI USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down LP w Hype Sticker Lyrics USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DAVID BOWIE I'M AFRAID OF AMERICANS LODGER THE COLLECTION NEVER LET ME DOWN NR USD $1.25 [2 bids]
Taiwan RARE CD w/OBI SEALED! DAVID BOWIE 1999 NEVER LET ME DOWN blackstar USD $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
FREE UK POST David Bowie Never Let Me Down issue Cassette Not CD or Vinyl LP USD $7.84 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE-never let me down/11 trax/vg con/1987 USD $0.65 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down / Cassette Album Tape / 90's Reissue / 1183 USD $5.22 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie- Never Let Me Down 7" (1987 UK Single) Promo Stickered USD $2.77 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down - RARE USD $32.71 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - ORIGINAL INSTORE PROMO DISPLAY POSTER - 1987 USD $6.54 [0 bids]
David Bowie 1987 Never Let Me Down [CD] EMI America (made in Japan) USD $12.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE never let me down 1987 - SQUARE - BUTTON BADGE official ex tour USD $3.91 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down (cassette) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
David Bowie: Never Let Me Down - 12" Vinyl EP, 1987 EMI America, Remix/Edits/Dub USD $1.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 EMI Records 4PJ-17267 Cassette USD $5.95 Buy It Now 7 days
CASSETTE SINGLE: DAVID BOWIE Never let me down RARE POP ROCK USD $11.76 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down 1987 DMM EMI 1st ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $40.00 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down, Japan CD New w/OBI USD $34.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Original David Bowie 7 inch Never Let me Down Single USD $9.16 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Cassette Tape 1987 T. Rex Kevin Ayers Pop Rock USD $4.79 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Vinyl LP 1987 VG + USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN ORIGINAL ADVERT 1987 SIZE APPROX 10 X 7" USD $10.45 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down / Single Hits 2 (CD-Maximum`2000) Russian Press USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE-NEVER LET ME DOWN-1987-JAPAN-EMI AMERICA CDP7466772 DIDX1378-CD-MINT USD $22.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Never Let Me Down USA Cassette Tape USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Japan LP w Obi, Lyrics USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down Usa 12" USD $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN / '87 AND CRY - 7" Vinyl USD $4.51 Buy It Now 8 days
Audio Cd Never Let Me Down By David Bowie Audio Cd Discs : 1 Alternative Rock USD $14.50 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE: NEVER LET ME DOWN VINYL LP 1987 EMI RECORDS PJ-17267 USD $26.58 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE - Never Let Me Down - 1987 EMI UK 2-track 7" Juke Box vinyl single USD $26.15 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE 1987 "Never Let Me Down" LP SHRINK NM- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down - Vinyl LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
David Bowie Never Let Me Down LP SEALED! 1987 EMI PJ 17267 RARE! Ziggy Stardust USD $38.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (7" Re-Mix Edit) 45 RPM EMI 43031 Clean USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN CASSETTE 1987 EMI AMERICA DAY IN DAY OUT BANG BANG USD $13.07 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN SINGLE VERSION 1987 UK 7" PS 45 EA 239 A-1-1-1/B-1 USD $6.53 Buy It Now 8 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down 7" JAPAN TOSHIBA EMI RP07-2009 PROMO WHITE LABEL USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE_Never Let Me Down_used cassette_ships from AUS!_S3 USD $17.87 Buy It Now 9 days
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down b/w '87 And Cry, 45 rpm, EMI B-43031 USD $0.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - rare Japanese Mini-LP CD USD $26.15 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN UK LTD ED 4-TRACK CASSETTE SINGLE TCEA239 1987 USD $30.08 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (Cassette) USD $5.39 Buy It Now 9 days
12" DAVID BOWIE Never let Me Down NM UK EB349 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
1987 DAVID BOWIE EMI Never Let Me Down VINYL LP Album RARE MASTER DISK PJ-17267! USD $33.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN RARE ORIGINAL 1987 NEW SEALED CASSETTE TAPE! USD $29.04 Buy It Now 10 days
DAVID BOWIE~NEVER LET ME DOWN/'87 AND CRY1987 EMI AMERICA U.S. SINGLE w/PIC SLV USD $4.39 Buy It Now 10 days
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down JAPAN Mini LP SHM CD '87 TOCP-95056 Peter Frampton USD $45.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 1983 EXYU CASSETTE TAPE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DAVID BOWIE - NEVER LET ME DOWN - 87 AND CRY - 45 VG++ EMI B 4303 USA 1987 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(3%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(7%)

DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars It took some three years to Bowie to recover from the release of "Tonight". His first blunder of his long career. No excuse as for his debut album. But here we go for what Bowie himself considers as his weakest album.

Actually, the first couple of songs are not that bad. But what is more interesting are both video clips. "Day-In, Day-Out" will be even banned from several TV channels (of which the BBC). Just have a look on You Tube. It is true that the images are rather raw and violent.

The second song "Time Will Crawl" will also be released as a single, but won't really chart. Just as the title track which is slightly better though. It is often considered as homage to Lennon. It is true that it reflects the melancholy of some Lennon songs. But I guess that the fans were cooled down by the harsh reviews of the album and were a bit hesitant in grabbing anything that had to do with it.

To be honest, even a song as "Beat Of Your Drum" is way better than most of the stuff available on "Tonight". Good guitar work, somewhat in the style of Fripp during "Scary Monsters". The guest guitarist is no one else than Peter Frampton and I must say that he raised the quality of some songs quite dramatically.

The same attempt is done with ."Zeroes". Rather humoristic for a title as well, but fortunately David released an OK song.Heavy (too) drumming, hypnotic and (too) repetitive beat though.

David brings us back in the "Diamond Dogs" atmosphere during the intro of "Glass Spider". A recitation depicting some sort of end of the world atmosphere. The storyboard is deeply sci-fi oriented. Some baby spiders being dropped on earth by a "Glass Spider" and be left alone. Things get worse for them when they figure out that all water has gone, which probably means death for them. The whole song features a fantastic rhythm and again a great guitar work from Peter Frampton.

The first blunder of this album is "Shining Star", but it is already the seventh track, so when compared to "Tonight" we are almost safe.

IMO, the highlight of this album is "New York's In Love". It is a mix between "Scary Monster" (the track) and "Day-In, Day-Out". I can understand that David is trying to repeat some parts of this great album, but each attempt on "Never Let Me Down" is of course inferior but again, the level remains pretty decent throughout the album even if towards the end, this cloning affair is a bit embarrassing ("87 & Cry").

The closing number is also a solid rocking number, as most of the songs featured actually. "Bang Bang" is a cover from a song written by old friend Iggy (he co-wrote it with Ivan Kral from the Patti Smith group). It is one of the songs of this album which is a pleasant surprise for me. Must have been twenty years that I didn't listen to it.

IMHHO, "Never Let Me Down" is a good album. Way better than "Tonight". Three stars.

Review by tarkus1980
1 stars Many people consider this Bowie's career low, even worse than Tonight or Labyrinth, but at least this has three tracks I like. The title track, as everybody points out, is an uncanny imitation of John Lennon circa 1980, and the combination of Bowie's vocal delivery and the great harmonica parts makes for a totally delightful experience. "Time Will Crawl" might essentially fall into the category of generic 80's pop, but it's got a genuine feeling of power in the lyrics and the beat, which is more than I can say for the bulk of the album. And you know, maybe I'm an idiot, but as far as generic semi-melodic 80's pop goes, I feel one could do a lot worse than "Shining Star (Makin' My Love)." It's just so freaking pleasant that I can't get myself to dislike it.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much all of the good that can be said for the album. This album feels like the quintessential Late 80's Album From A Washed Up 70's Star, and not even some sporadically decent guitar work (from Alomar and from guest Peter Frampton) can change that. There are a couple of instances where Bowie tries to reach into his past rather than relying solely on current trends, but they're total failures. "Zeroes" tries to conjure up memories of Ziggy Stardust and "Heroes", crossing them with synthesized audience noises meant to remind one of Diamond Dogs, and it irritates me to no end. "Glass Spider" (!) features Bowie reciting a nonsensical poem (!!) before going into a pop song no different from the bulk of the album. And believe me, the bulk of the album is just tacky and gross.

It's interesting to me that, in an interview a few years later, Bowie singled out this album and not Tonight as his low point. While I don't agree, I can definitely see where he was coming from on this. Once again, don't bother.

Review by Matti
2 stars This will be only the fourth review for this album. It doesn't deserve much more. (It came out at the time when I was 16-17 years old and quite often bought vinyls, especially from bargain bins. Naturally the majority of those buyings are long gone.) It had been three years since his previous studio album, Tonight (if Labyrinth O.S.T. is not counted) and with this album he tried to rise from the low season in his career. Commercially he probably succeeded, but artistically? It depends what you compare this one to. I'd say this is better than Tonight (which is generally regarded as one of his worst albums ever). If it's better than his later albums, I can't really say, because I have never got much interest towards them. Outside I know to be better, that's all.

This is very very 80's album, starting from the cheap-looking colourful collache cover art. The hits had heavy circulation in the MTV ('Day-In-Day-Out', 'Time Will Crawl') and I sense a little joyous yuppie feel here: most of the the album is up-tempo, catchy pop with rather light contents.

Of course in the big picture of BOWIE's vast discography this one has very little weight, but as a product of its time, I wouldn't bark at it harshly. The production is relatively good, and there are some good songs. The adventurous 'Glass Spider' is easily the best one. 'Time Will Crawl' isn't bad either. Even some of those light pop tunes do have a certain charm (title track, 'Shining Star'). However there are quite many songs I wouldn't care to visit again even for nostalgic purposes. Not quite three stars, but two deservedly.

3 stars "Never Let Me Down" is just one of many Bowie albums that have been hated in retrospect. David Bowie described the album as his worst, and many fans are disappointed. But though this album may not be pioneering, it is a pleasant listening experience with some great pop tunes. The album star ... (read more)

Report this review (#906520) | Posted by The Mystical | Tuesday, February 5, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars It is so unfortunate to hear such a dissapointing album form one of my favourite artists. It has its redeeming values, but they are few and far between. The production is cold and tinny, just like the song writing. The opener, 'Day-In Day Out', at least is a not-too-bad song in the vein of Yo ... (read more)

Report this review (#175911) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, July 2, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "Never Let Me Down"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives