ASSASSING

Marillion Assassing album cover

Buy MARILLION Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1984

1. Assassing (3:35)
2. Cinderella Search (4:19)

- Fish / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Ian Mosley / drums
- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

7 Single UK: MARIL 2 - Black label
Released by EMI Records Ltd.: 30th April 1984

Thanks to Mike_Zed for the addition

Buy MARILLION Assassing Music

Assassing (Full Version) , Cinderella Search Uk 12Assassing (Full Version) , Cinderella Search Uk 12"
Emi
Assassing by MARILLION 1985 Maxi 12Assassing by MARILLION 1985 Maxi 12" Vinyl Record
Original recording · Special Edition · Limited Edition
Capitol

Marillion - Assassing 12'' Picture Disc Vinyl Record USD $49.38 Buy It Now 3h 55m
MARILLION Assassing CARD UK Reflex 1986 Promo Postcard USD $4.15 Buy It Now 7h 43m
5/5/84pg25 Single Advert 15x10 Marillion, Assassing USD $33.00 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Marillion ?- Assassing EMI Records 12MARIL 2, UK Vinyl 12inch Maxi-Single USD $21.74 [0 bids]
Marillion - Assassing - 1984 UK 7" Single USD $13.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Marillion - Assassing 12" - 12 MARIL 2 - VG USD $10.55 Buy It Now 2 days
MARILLION Assassing Vinyl Record 7 Inch EMI MARIL 2 1984 USD $5.27 Buy It Now 2 days
MARILLION ASSASSING 7'' EMI MARIL 2 USD $8.65 Buy It Now 4 days
MARILLION, ASSASSING,CINDERELLA SEARCH,12",1984,VERY GOOD+ CONDITION USD $10.55 [0 bids]
Marillion Assassing 7" Single - VVG USD $2.76 Buy It Now 6 days
Marillion - Assassing(Full Version)c/w Cinderella Search - Free UK Post USD $10.56 Buy It Now 7 days
Marillion Assassing / Cinderella Search 4 track CD Single Card Sleeve USD $6.93 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION 'Assassing' 1984 UK 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $9.23 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION Assassing 7" Ps, B/W Cinderella Search, Maril 2 (Vg/Vg, Sleeve Has A T USD $5.27 Buy It Now 8 days
MARILLION - ASSASSING 12" VINYL EX+/EX+ 1984 Original A1/B1 UK 1st Press USD $10.55 Buy It Now 8 days
Assassing 7" 45RPM Marillion MARIL2 UK 1984 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Marillion ?- Assassing - 7" Vinyl Single - 1984 - Picture Sleeve USD $9.23 Buy It Now 11 days
Marillion - Assassing 12" Vinyl Single UK 1st Press 1984 NM/NM USD $26.39 Buy It Now 12 days
Assassing : Marillion USD $10.56 Buy It Now 13 days
MARILLION Fish magazine photo UK ARTICLE / clipping and Assassing lyrics USD $9.17 Buy It Now 13 days
ASSASSING MARILLION Vinyl Record USD $23.70 Buy It Now 13 days
MARILLION Assassing 1984 UK 2-track 12" vinyl Single Excellent Condition A USD $13.19 Buy It Now 14 days
MARILLION Assassing 1984 UK 2-track 12" vinyl Single Excellent Condition B USD $13.19 Buy It Now 14 days
Marillion - Fugazzi / Assassing / Emerald Lies Mega Rare 12" Promo LP 1984 EMI USD $245.00 Buy It Now 15 days
MARILLION ASSASSING PICTURE DISC LP 1984 USD $175.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Marillion Assassing, Special Edit & Remix For AOR Radio Us Dj 12" USD $23.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Marillion Assassing, Full Vers Cinderella Search Uk 12" USD $23.99 Buy It Now 18 days
MINT! MARILLION ASSASSING 12" VINYL PIC PICTURE DISC USD $29.68 Buy It Now 18 days
MARILLION Assassing 1984 UK 2-track 12" vinyl Single Excellent Condition USD $13.19 Buy It Now 20 days
Marillion - Assassing Europe Maxi 1984 /3* USD $12.18 Buy It Now 21 days
Marillion Assassing 12" Single A1U B1U Pressing - EX USD $14.51 Buy It Now 22 days
Marillion - Assassing 1984 12 inch vinyl single USD $15.84 Buy It Now 22 days
Marillion - Assassing (Full version) UK 12" USD $9.23 Buy It Now 24 days
MARILLION assassing (purple label) 12" EX/EX 12 MARIL 2 pop rock, prog rock uk USD $21.92 Buy It Now 26 days
FRAMED 5/5/84pg25 Single Advert 15x10 Marillion, Assassing USD $65.99 Buy It Now 26 days
MARILLION assassing (purple label) 12" EX/EX 12 MARIL 2 pop rock, prog rock uk USD $22.49 Buy It Now 26 days
Marillion - Assassing (Vinyl) USD $18.47 Buy It Now 26 days
EX/EX !! Marillion/Assassing/1984 EMI 12" Single USD $9.23 Buy It Now 26 days
Marillion ex UK 7 PS Assassing / Cinderella Search USD $9.75 Buy It Now 28 days
MARILLION UK 1984 7" Single ASSASSING Disc=NearMINT USD $3.95 Buy It Now 29 days
MARILLION - ASSASSING - CINDERELLA - 12marilp2 - PIC - NM USD $33.00 Buy It Now 30 days

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MARILLION Assassing ratings distribution

MARILLION Assassing reviews

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars Back when I was in the Marine Corps in the eighties I came very close to getting the cover of this disk made into a tattoo on my left arm. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

I’m not even sure what version of the single I have. I bought it as an import back around 1985 or so. There’s no disk number that I can tell, other than a “12Maril2” on the back cover and printed on both sides of the disk label. Marillion list a 12” picture disk of this single on their web site, but mine is not a picture disk – it’s simply a 12” inch single inside a flimsy paper sleeve. The band’s web site also lists this single as containing an “edit” and “full” version of “Assassing” along with “Cinderella Search”. Mine has a version of “Assassing” on the front side which is listed as a “full” version, and only “Cinderella Search” on the back. I haven’t done a note-by-note comparison or anything, but the version of “Assassing” doesn’t sound much different than the album version to me.

This was the first time I had heard “Cinderella Search”, as either the ‘Real to Reel’ live album hadn’t come out yet, or I hadn’t picked it up. In fact, if I bought that one on cassette, something I now regret unfortunately.

This is an early release of what would become a very long line of extended Marillion singles. I probably wouldn’t have bought it except that the band was pretty huge at the time and I really liked the cover art. I’m inclined to give it two stars since I’m pretty sure these are the same versions available on the remastered reissue of ‘Assassing’ that came out in the late nineties. But the fact the band was being opportunistic doesn’t really take away from the quality of the music, so we’ll settle for three stars and call it good.

peace

Review by Gatot
3 stars I don't own this vynyl, but my prog mate (I'an) do. I remember vividly when I was doing an engineering degree in Bandung and by that time my life was filled with Marillion music with their debut Script for A Jester's Tear and EP Market Square Heroes. It had been a year since the release of phenomenal album Script where my cassette started to ruin due to extensive playback on Script album and it was THE ONLY music released in 1983 that satisfied my expectations. Everyday we searched information about this new band with practically no track record before. And, by that time we had no internet technology yet and so Dr. Google was not around. So, I'an and me tried to source prog rock material from Netherland and we found a magazine called SYM INFO. We did not understand Dutch but we were very very happy to be able to see the band's picture in the magazine which happened in many issues of the magazine that finally we subscribed - for the sake of obtaining info about Marillion! You can imagine how great our anxiety towards Marillion which both I'an and me were very delifghted to have their music. One of the Marillion articles in that magazine featured band's photograph and special spot on Fish with head band, the caption said Kopstuk Fish which assumed that it meant Fish with head band.

One day we knew from SymInfo magz that Marillion would issue this ASSASSING single while at that time we were actually expecting new album. But never mind, finally, through a friend of us who stayed at Dodrecht (spelling) in the Dutch, we purchased the vynyl. We were so afraid that Marillion would go pop after Script. After a long waiting period (remember, there was no internet and we could not order through Amazon) we finally got this vynyl. I had the privilage from I'an to have a spen of the vynyl to taste the new Marillion. I was immediatley impressed by the production quality (sonic quality) of the vynyl especially on Cinderella Search even though the song is pop in nature. I also liked Assassing even though it's in a short duration of track. I find this single is good and luckily I have the Marillion Singles collection where this single has been digitalized into the boxed set.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

3 stars Side 1 : Assassing - full version (7:01) : On my 12" version of the Assassing single by Marillion everything matches: the intricate Mark Wilkinson cover, the dynamic neo-prog, the passionate vocals, the venemous lyrics and, last but not least, the outstanding drums by new member Ian Mosl ... (read more)

Report this review (#1913781) | Posted by TenYearsAfter | Wednesday, April 11, 2018 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "Assassing"