ASSASSING

Marillion Assassing album cover

Buy MARILLION Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1984

1. Assassing (3:35)
2. Cinderella Search (4:19)

Search MARILLION Assassing lyrics

- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

7 Single UK: MARIL 2 - Black label
Released by EMI Records Ltd.: 30th April 1984

Thanks to Mike_Zed for the addition

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Assassing Music

AssassingAssassing
Single · Import
Emi
Vinyl$129.99
Assassing (1984) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Assassing (1984) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
Vinyl$14.98 (used)
Assassing (Full Version) , Cinderella Search Uk 12Assassing (Full Version) , Cinderella Search Uk 12"
Emi
Vinyl$19.99 (used)
Assassing by MARILLION 1985 Maxi 12Assassing by MARILLION 1985 Maxi 12" Vinyl Record
Original recording · Special Edition · Limited Edition
Capitol
Vinyl$24.95 (used)
MARILLION - Assassing - 1984 UK 2-track 12" vinyl single USD $31.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion - Assassing 12" vinyl (1984) USD $31.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion - Assassing 12'' Picture Disc USD $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MARILLION Assassing (full vers) / Cinderella Search 12"p/s UK 1984 EMI 12MARIL2 USD $11.41 Buy It Now 6 days
MARILLION vinyl record ASSASSING rare UK pressing 1984 EMI records USD $21.00 Buy It Now 7 days
12" VINYL PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION - MARILLION - ASSASSING. 1984. RARE. USD $109.20 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION -ASSASSING- VERY HARD TO FIND LTD EDITION 12" PICTURE EP CLASSIC ROCK USD $14.06 [1 bids]
MARILLION Assassing 1984 UK 2-track 12" vinyl Single Excellent Condition USD $23.44 Buy It Now 12 days
Marillion - Assassing - 1984 UK 7" Single USD $15.64 Buy It Now 14 days
MARILLION ASSASSING CINDERELLA SEARCH EXCELLENT SINGLE FROM 1984 USD $15.64 Buy It Now 15 days
Marillion-Assassing plus free UK post USD $12.51 Buy It Now 15 days
MARILLION ASSASSING [VINYL 12" MAXI SINGLE] EMI IMPORT USD $12.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Marillion Assassing, Full Vers Cinderella Search Uk 12" USD $18.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MARILLION-ASSASSING (FULL VERSION) 2 TRACK 12" SINGLE (UK PRESS) USD $6.24 Buy It Now 18 days
Marillion Assassing 7" Single - VVG USD $3.74 Buy It Now 18 days
MARILLION---Assassing---12"Vinyl USD $14.85 Buy It Now 19 days
Marillion - Assassing 1984 12 inch vinyl single USD $18.76 Buy It Now 22 days
Marillion Assassing, Full Vers Cinderella Search Uk 12" USD $14.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Marillion: Assassing UK 12" EX+ USD $10.93 Buy It Now 22 days
MARILLION - Assassing - 7" single USD $5.14 Buy It Now 23 days
Marillion Assassing, Special Edit & Remix For AOR Radio Us Dj 12" USD $18.99 Buy It Now 25 days
MARILLION ASSASSING PICTURE DISC LP 1984 USD $175.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Assassing ratings distribution

MARILLION Assassing reviews

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars Back when I was in the Marine Corps in the eighties I came very close to getting the cover of this disk made into a tattoo on my left arm. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

I’m not even sure what version of the single I have. I bought it as an import back around 1985 or so. There’s no disk number that I can tell, other than a “12Maril2” on the back cover and printed on both sides of the disk label. Marillion list a 12” picture disk of this single on their web site, but mine is not a picture disk – it’s simply a 12” inch single inside a flimsy paper sleeve. The band’s web site also lists this single as containing an “edit” and “full” version of “Assassing” along with “Cinderella Search”. Mine has a version of “Assassing” on the front side which is listed as a “full” version, and only “Cinderella Search” on the back. I haven’t done a note-by-note comparison or anything, but the version of “Assassing” doesn’t sound much different than the album version to me.

This was the first time I had heard “Cinderella Search”, as either the ‘Real to Reel’ live album hadn’t come out yet, or I hadn’t picked it up. In fact, if I bought that one on cassette, something I now regret unfortunately.

This is an early release of what would become a very long line of extended Marillion singles. I probably wouldn’t have bought it except that the band was pretty huge at the time and I really liked the cover art. I’m inclined to give it two stars since I’m pretty sure these are the same versions available on the remastered reissue of ‘Assassing’ that came out in the late nineties. But the fact the band was being opportunistic doesn’t really take away from the quality of the music, so we’ll settle for three stars and call it good.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#176318) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Review by Gatot
3 stars I don't own this vynyl, but my prog mate (I'an) do. I remember vividly when I was doing an engineering degree in Bandung and by that time my life was filled with Marillion music with their debut Script for A Jester's Tear and EP Market Square Heroes. It had been a year since the release of phenomenal album Script where my cassette started to ruin due to extensive playback on Script album and it was THE ONLY music released in 1983 that satisfied my expectations. Everyday we searched information about this new band with practically no track record before. And, by that time we had no internet technology yet and so Dr. Google was not around. So, I'an and me tried to source prog rock material from Netherland and we found a magazine called SYM INFO. We did not understand Dutch but we were very very happy to be able to see the band's picture in the magazine which happened in many issues of the magazine that finally we subscribed - for the sake of obtaining info about Marillion! You can imagine how great our anxiety towards Marillion which both I'an and me were very delifghted to have their music. One of the Marillion articles in that magazine featured band's photograph and special spot on Fish with head band, the caption said Kopstuk Fish which assumed that it meant Fish with head band.

One day we knew from SymInfo magz that Marillion would issue this ASSASSING single while at that time we were actually expecting new album. But never mind, finally, through a friend of us who stayed at Dodrecht (spelling) in the Dutch, we purchased the vynyl. We were so afraid that Marillion would go pop after Script. After a long waiting period (remember, there was no internet and we could not order through Amazon) we finally got this vynyl. I had the privilage from I'an to have a spen of the vynyl to taste the new Marillion. I was immediatley impressed by the production quality (sonic quality) of the vynyl especially on Cinderella Search even though the song is pop in nature. I also liked Assassing even though it's in a short duration of track. I find this single is good and luckily I have the Marillion Singles collection where this single has been digitalized into the boxed set.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#183358) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Post a review of MARILLION "Assassing"