ASSASSING

Marillion Assassing album cover

Buy MARILLION Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1984

1. Assassing (3:35)
2. Cinderella Search (4:19)

Search MARILLION Assassing lyrics

- Steve Rothery / guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

7 Single UK: MARIL 2 - Black label
Released by EMI Records Ltd.: 30th April 1984

Thanks to Mike_Zed for the addition

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Assassing Music

Madfish Records UK 2013
BraveBrave
Import · Remastered · Special Edition
Caroline 1998
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood - NEW EU 2013 Vinyl LP GTFLD SEALED Free Ship US $39.90 Buy It Now 41m
MARILLION ULTRA SELECTION CD *NEW* W/ SLIPCASE US $14.98 Buy It Now 55m 14s
Marillion Sympathy / Kayleigh / Dy Land UK Picture Disc 12" With Picture Sleeve US $27.99 Buy It Now 56m 5s
Kim Magazine 19 March 1983 Issue 48 The Polecats Marillion Altered Images US $24.47 Buy It Now 57m 23s
MARILLION ~ FREAKS (Live)/ KAYLEIGH (Live)~ 7" UK VINYL 45 ~Picture Sleeve~NM+ US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h
DARRYL WAY'S WOLF Original LP from 1974 (LONDON XPS 644). CURVED AIR Marillion US $15.00 [0 bids]
MARILLION - BEST SOUNDS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Marillion 7" Single Hooks In You US $1.61 [0 bids]
Marillion 7" Single Freaks (live) And Kayleigh (live) US $1.61 [0 bids]
Marillion Hooks In You Uk 12" US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Marillion Kayleigh, Lady Nina Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Marillion Market Square Heroes Uk 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Marillion on Kerrang Cover 1988 US $12.23 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Marillion on Kerrang No: 28 Cover 1982 US $16.29 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Marillion on TSBeat Cover 1985 Freddie Mercury The Jesus and Mary Chain US $24.47 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Marillion: Garden Party/Charting The Single(live)/Margaret (live) 12" EP Vinyl US $13.00 [0 bids]
Marillion Reel To Reel 7 Track Cassette US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Mel & Kim on Smash Hits Magazine Cover 1987 Billy Idol Boy George Marillion US $16.31 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Midge Ure on Magazine Cover 1985 John Taylor Marillion Jennifer Rush US $24.47 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Marillion: Punch and Judy/Market Square Heroes 12" EP Vinyl US $13.00 [0 bids]
Marillion Zodiac CD Mega Rare US $79.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Marillion Between You And Me CD Single Rare Mint Genesis Yes Fish Pendragon US $59.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Marillion The Hollow Man Part 2 Single CD Rare Marbles New Fish US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Wishing Tree CD Marillion Fish Genesis Carnival Of Souls Steve Rothery Original US $30.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Crash Course Rare CD New Marillion Fish Genesis Pendragon Pallas Porcupine Tree US $99.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
MARILLION.CO.UK ENHANCED CD OOP BONUS TO MARILLION.COM GREAT CONDITION US $3.99 [0 bids]
Marillion CD RADIATION 1998 UK Raw Power edition (RAW CD 126) US $5.79 [0 bids]
The Wishing Tree CD OSTARA 2009 Intact (INTACTCD 15) Steve Rothery Marillion US $9.99 [0 bids]
Marillion The Hollow Man Part One 1 Single CD Rare Marbles New Fish US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Pain Of Salvation Perfect Element CD Marillion Dream Theater Transatlantic US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
H Natural Selection CD Marillion Steve Hogarth FRC Transatlantic US $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Marillion Live At Walsall 1990 Rare Fish CD Transatlantic Genesis Dream Theater US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
FISH rare issue INTERNAL EXILE 1991 U.K. Import CD 9 tracks MARILLION Genesis US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Paul Young on Smash Hits Magazine Cover 1983 Shalamar Marillion Duran Duran US $24.47 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Misplaced Childhood By Marillion 12" Vinyl Record LP 1985 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Marillion: Market Square Heroes/Grendel, 12" EP Vinyl US $15.00 [0 bids]
Reading Rock Volume One-Marillion Whitesnake UFO Michael Schenker 2 LP Album US $4.00 [0 bids]
MARILLION PICTURE DISC HEART OF LOTHIAN vinyl record 12MARILP5 1985 US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Sepultura on Kerrang Cover 1991 Marillion Motley Crue US $12.23 Buy It Now 5h 47m
MARILLION-Script for a Jester's Tear Picture Disc LP UK original EMI #3429 Mint US $75.00 [0 bids]
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood Promo LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION GRENDEL LTD ED. 12" Picture Disc Record Store Day Exclusive RSD New US $37.95 [0 bids]
Brave by Marillion (CD, Feb-1994, I.R.S. Records (U.S.) Best Price on Ebay US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h
RARE AFRTS DJ LP DIO & MARILLION P-23101 P-23102 Armed Forces Vinyl LP RECORD US $9.95 [2 bids]
Marillion - He Knows, You Know / Charting The Single, 12" UK import single US $9.99 [0 bids]
Marillion - Garden Party, Charting The Single / Margaret, 12" UK import single US $9.99 [0 bids]
Steve Hogarth of Marillion on Kerrang Cover 1989 Nuclear Assault Cat In Boots US $24.47 Buy It Now 6h 22m
LEO SAYER Marillion BABYS Spandau Ballet GO WEST comp US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Tracey Ullman & Sandie Shaw on Mag Cover 1984 Nik Kershaw Fish of Marillion US $24.47 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Marillion Marillion.com Cd Digibook Digipak Madfish Book Edition w/Sticker! NR US $13.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
6 TAPES! MARILLION - Misplaced Childhoods Fugazi, B'sides, Script for a jester.. US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h 18m
(DR6) CD Marillion Holidays In Eden CDP7968222 10 Tracks US $14.68 Buy It Now 9h 22m
MARILLION - KAYLEIGH CD US $8.04 Buy It Now 9h 52m
MARILLION THE WEB UK MAGAZINE 2006 AND 2007 FREE POSTAGE US $48.92 [0 bids]
MARILLION THE WEB UK MAGAZINE DECEMBER 2008 FREE POSTAGE US $40.76 [0 bids]
FISH (MARILLION) -"Suits" CD 1994 1st AUSTRIA w/Booklet LIMITED EDITION PIC DISC US $24.88 Buy It Now 11h 12m
MARILLION - 1986 Magazine Poster US $7.34 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood / Script For A Jester's Tear (2CD 2011) NEW US $16.28 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Marillion - The Official Bootleg Box Set - Vo (NEW 8CD) US $81.54 Buy It Now 12h 27m
MARILLION sounds that can't be made LP 8 track double album in gatefold sleeve w US $40.76 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Marillion - BSides Themselves CD US $16.69 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Marillion, Sugar Mice, NEW/MINT Ltd PICTURE DISC 7" vinyl single with poster US $19.57 Buy It Now 14h 29m
MARILLION Script For A Jester's Tear UK Vinyl LP Record Excellent Condition US $24.45 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Marillion Incommunicado UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDMARIL6 EMI 1987 US $11.40 [0 bids]
MARILLION - THE OFFICIAL BOOTLEG BOX SET, VOL. 2 [BOX] - NEW CD BOXSET US $77.21 Buy It Now 16h 9m
JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW MARILLION SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR US $69.99 Buy It Now 16h 13m
Marillion Best of Both Worlds CD US $5.97 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Marillion - Best Sounds (2014) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $17.06 Buy It Now 17h 7m
MARILLION HOLIDAYS IN EDEN CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 17h 9m
MARILLION AFRAID OF SUNLIGHT CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 17h 9m
MARILLION - Incommunicado - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 6 US $6.51 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MARILLION - Kayleigh - Excellent Condition 7" Single EMI MARIL 3 US $8.14 Buy It Now 17h 11m
MARILLION - Lavender - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 4 US $6.51 Buy It Now 17h 11m
MARILLION - Sugar Mice - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 7 US $6.51 Buy It Now 17h 11m
MARILLION - Warm Wet Circles - Excellent Conition 7" Single EMI MARIL 8 US $6.51 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Marillion - Live from Cadogan Hall 2CD 2011 hogarth rothery free US shipping! US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 24m
MARILLION MARBLES CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 17h 24m
MARILLION LESS IS MORE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 17h 24m
MARILLION SOMEWHERE ELSE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 17h 24m
MARILLION CLUTCHING AT STRAWS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 17h 24m
MARILLION BRAVE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Annalist - Memories - Cassette (Collage, King Crimson, Marillion) US $15.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Arena - Songs From The Lion's Cage - Cassette (Pendragon, Marillion, US $15.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Abraxas - ...Cykl Obraca Sie. Narodziny - Cassette (Collage, Quidam, Marillion) US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Annalist - Artemis - Cassette (Collage, King Crimson, Marillion) US $11.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Medicine Man - The Journey - Cassette (Pendragon, Marillion, Aragon, Ladmarq US $17.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
MARILLION A SUNDAY NIGHT ABOVE THE RAIN SEALED 2 CD SET NEW 2014 US $7.74 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Marillion - Radiation (CD 1998) TRANSATLANTIC STEVE HOGARTH SMPTE US $9.77 Buy It Now 18h 5m
Marillion Real to Japan Promo WL Vinyl LP OBI Fish US $69.99 Buy It Now 18h 8m
Tiles Debut SEALED 1995 CD Marillion Twelfth Night Jadis Pallas Yes Pink Floyd US $15.95 Buy It Now 18h 14m
Mostly Autumn ?- The Last Bright Light SEALED Original 2001 Cyclops CD Marillion US $31.95 Buy It Now 18h 14m
MARILLION cassette tape album CLUTCHING AT STRAWS lot 7e US $7.50 Buy It Now 18h 16m
MARILLION - LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 18h 23m
MARILLION CLUTCHING AT STRAWS 1987 UK EMI VINYL LP + INNER SLEEVE* EX/NM CLASSIC US $16.23 Buy It Now 19h 29m
Marillion-magazine poster US $8.14 Buy It Now 19h 29m
Marillion Script For A Jesters Tear 13 Trk Double CD Album Remastered SEALED US $24.45 Buy It Now 19h 30m
Styx ?Paradise Theatre LP Kansas Marillion ELOY Yes US $3.00 [0 bids]
Marillion - Kayleigh - 12" Picture Disc Nr Mint US $9.79 [0 bids]
Capitol Records Plenty Good Music Bob Seger Marillion Duran Duran LP Album US $3.00 [0 bids]
MARILLION - Clutching At Straws; Rare '87 Advance Promo Cassette Tape - Sealed! US $55.00 Buy It Now 19h 52m

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Assassing ratings distribution

MARILLION Assassing reviews

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars Back when I was in the Marine Corps in the eighties I came very close to getting the cover of this disk made into a tattoo on my left arm. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

I’m not even sure what version of the single I have. I bought it as an import back around 1985 or so. There’s no disk number that I can tell, other than a “12Maril2” on the back cover and printed on both sides of the disk label. Marillion list a 12” picture disk of this single on their web site, but mine is not a picture disk – it’s simply a 12” inch single inside a flimsy paper sleeve. The band’s web site also lists this single as containing an “edit” and “full” version of “Assassing” along with “Cinderella Search”. Mine has a version of “Assassing” on the front side which is listed as a “full” version, and only “Cinderella Search” on the back. I haven’t done a note-by-note comparison or anything, but the version of “Assassing” doesn’t sound much different than the album version to me.

This was the first time I had heard “Cinderella Search”, as either the ‘Real to Reel’ live album hadn’t come out yet, or I hadn’t picked it up. In fact, if I bought that one on cassette, something I now regret unfortunately.

This is an early release of what would become a very long line of extended Marillion singles. I probably wouldn’t have bought it except that the band was pretty huge at the time and I really liked the cover art. I’m inclined to give it two stars since I’m pretty sure these are the same versions available on the remastered reissue of ‘Assassing’ that came out in the late nineties. But the fact the band was being opportunistic doesn’t really take away from the quality of the music, so we’ll settle for three stars and call it good.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#176318) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Review by Gatot
3 stars I don't own this vynyl, but my prog mate (I'an) do. I remember vividly when I was doing an engineering degree in Bandung and by that time my life was filled with Marillion music with their debut Script for A Jester's Tear and EP Market Square Heroes. It had been a year since the release of phenomenal album Script where my cassette started to ruin due to extensive playback on Script album and it was THE ONLY music released in 1983 that satisfied my expectations. Everyday we searched information about this new band with practically no track record before. And, by that time we had no internet technology yet and so Dr. Google was not around. So, I'an and me tried to source prog rock material from Netherland and we found a magazine called SYM INFO. We did not understand Dutch but we were very very happy to be able to see the band's picture in the magazine which happened in many issues of the magazine that finally we subscribed - for the sake of obtaining info about Marillion! You can imagine how great our anxiety towards Marillion which both I'an and me were very delifghted to have their music. One of the Marillion articles in that magazine featured band's photograph and special spot on Fish with head band, the caption said Kopstuk Fish which assumed that it meant Fish with head band.

One day we knew from SymInfo magz that Marillion would issue this ASSASSING single while at that time we were actually expecting new album. But never mind, finally, through a friend of us who stayed at Dodrecht (spelling) in the Dutch, we purchased the vynyl. We were so afraid that Marillion would go pop after Script. After a long waiting period (remember, there was no internet and we could not order through Amazon) we finally got this vynyl. I had the privilage from I'an to have a spen of the vynyl to taste the new Marillion. I was immediatley impressed by the production quality (sonic quality) of the vynyl especially on Cinderella Search even though the song is pop in nature. I also liked Assassing even though it's in a short duration of track. I find this single is good and luckily I have the Marillion Singles collection where this single has been digitalized into the boxed set.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW (i-Rock! Music Community)

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#183358) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Post a review of MARILLION "Assassing"