THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

1. From The Beginning (4:15)
2.Jerusalem {Parry / Blake, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (2:48)
3. Still... You Turn Me On (2:55)
4. Fanfare For The Common Man (single version) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson} (3:00)
5. Knife Edge (Adapted from Janacek's "Sinfonietta") (5:07)
6. Tarkus (20:42)
a) Eruption {Emerson} (2:43)
b) Stones Of Years (3:44)
c) Iconoclast {Emerson} (1:15)
d) Mass {Emerson / Lake} (3:11)
e) Manticore {Emerson} (1:52)
f) Battlefield {Lake} (3:51)
g) Aquatarkus {Emerson} (3:59)
7. Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 2) (4:46)
8. C'est La Vie (4:19)
9. Hoedown (Taken from Rodeo) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (3:47)
10. Trilogy (8:54)
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues {Meade (Lux) Lewis} (3:12)
12. Black Moon (single version) (4:49)
13. Lucky Man {Lake} (4:41)
14. I Believe In Father Christmas (original single version) (3:31)

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer tabs

- Keith Emerson / keyboards
- Greg Lake / vocals, bass, electric & acoustic guitar
- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion

CD-Victory Music/PolyGram-480036-2

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Music

EMERSON LAKE AND & PALMER: ESSENTIAL 2x CD THE VERY BEST OF / GREATEST HITS NEW USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3h 47m
the best of Emerson Lake and Palmer cassette tape ELP in very good condition USD $0.79 [0 bids]
USD $2.00 Buy It Now
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of (VG+) 1980 Atlantic 12" LP USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Very Best Of - Emerson Lake & Palmer (2011, CD New) USD $9.67 Buy It Now 10h 42m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - The Best of E.L.P. - 19283-2 - UPC 0 7567-81571-2 7 USD $9.89 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD,... USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer USD $4.00 Buy It Now 12h 59m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER The Best Of - 16 Track CD - 2011 - FREE UK P&P USD $7.80 Buy It Now 14h 44m
the BEST of EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ~WEST GERMAN IMPORT~ TARGET CD RARE ~ MINT USD $49.95 Buy It Now 16h 5m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER THE BEST OF SD 19283 ATLANTIC RECORD ALBUM COVER IN EXCELLEN USD $3.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - BEST OF NEW CD USD $14.15 Buy It Now 16h 17m
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER Cassette Tape USD $0.59 [1 bids]
Lake & Palmer Emerson : From The Beginning - The Best Of... CD (2011) USD $4.96 Buy It Now 19h 16m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer - LP Record Album USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Best Of (Vinyl, 1980, Atlantic) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! USD $9.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Emerson Lake And Palmer Best Of Vinyl Record 12" Lp USD $4.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best of nm- Over 400 Fair Priced LP's USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Very Best Of [CD New] USD $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
ELP -The Best Of, Trilogy, Works (6-LP LOT) Record Emerson Lake Palmer Wakeman 2 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Emerson Lake & Palmer, Very Best of Audio CD USD $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of 12" Vinyl LP Atlantic ~e USD $6.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Emerson Lake and Palmer 4 Record Lot ~Trilogy~Brain Salad~Love Beach~Best Of USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake And Palmer - The Best Of - Cassette USD $3.95 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake And Palmer - The Best Of - Cassette USD $3.95 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - The Very Best Of... CD New USD $7.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Emerson Lake & Palmer Best Of The Bootlegs 2 CD Set 2004 classic rock ELP 1970's USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $14.00 Buy It Now
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $9.78 Buy It Now 2 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer-The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD NEW USD $9.78 Buy It Now 2 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer: The Best Of Cassette VG++ Canada Atlantic XCS-19283 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Emerson Lake And Palmer The Best Of CD Chronicles USD $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER *Strawberry* 1980 SD 19283 super clean LP NM USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER Best Of LP 9 Track Small Sticker Tear And Seam Split On USD $9.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Emerson Lake and Palmer - The very best of USD $6.18 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of Emerson Lake and Palmer CASSETTE USD $1.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer CD (1980, West Germany Target CD) MEGA RARE USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD,... USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Come & See The Show: The Best Of Emerson*Lake & [CD New] USD $9.90 Buy It Now 3 days
The Very Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD,... USD $7.49 Buy It Now 3 days
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER BEST OF VINYL ALBUM. USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Very Best Of CD USD $14.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Nice - The Best of the Nice America CD (Emerson Lake Palmer) USD $4.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Come & See The Show: The Best Of Emerson*Lake & CD USD $15.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer All Killer No Filler Promo Best Of CD Sealed New Lucky Man USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Best of Emerson Lake and Palmer ELP Vinyl Record Album LP with Sleeve Nice USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER "THE BEST OF" CASSETTE TAPE USD $9.78 Buy It Now 4 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BEST OF SIS GERMAN ISSUE NM- HEAR IT USD $11.00 Buy It Now 5 days
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER The Best Of on Cassette Tape USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ELP 2 Cassette Tapes LOT COLLECTION Works & The Best Of USD $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Lake & Palmer Emerson (CD) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Very Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer WEST GERMANY TARGET PRESS USD $13.33 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Best Of Emerson,Lake & Palmer USD $5.50 [4 bids]
The Very Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Lake & Palmer Emerson CD FAST SHIPPING! USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Lake & Palmer Emerson : Best of CD (1995) USD $11.93 Buy It Now 6 days
ELP-THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER 1980 ATLANTIC RECORDS LP SD 19283 VG++ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
(#BG40) EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LP / The Best of ... USD $1.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BEST OF... LP 971 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer "The Best Of" 1980 Atlantic Records LP USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.50 Buy It Now
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER- Welcome Back Live 3-LP (1974) The Best of in Concert PROG USD $23.44 Buy It Now 6 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Best Of SEALED 1980 1st PRESS USA LP W/ NO BARCODE USD $31.49 Buy It Now 6 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER. Best of.. West Germany Target CD. / Matrix 01 / ELP USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER: Best Of (rock & pop vinyl LP) Germany, lite 1/2" split USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Best Of CD Atlantic WEST GERMAN TARGET LABEL No Bar Code USD $4.98 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Pop Music Cassette Tape M5A 19283 USD $8.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Come and See the Show: The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Emerson, Lake &... USD $13.95 Buy It Now 6 days
075678157127 The Best of... Emerson, Lake & Palmer MINT - FAST POST CD USD $6.08 Buy It Now 7 days
Cassette Tape Lot of 3: EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER BEST OF BLACK MOON USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Best Of Emerson Lake And Palmer (1980 Cassette) Rock USD $3.00 Buy It Now 7 days
VINYL LP Emerson Lake And Palmer - The Best Of Atlantic USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Lake & Palmer Emerson : Very Best of CD (2001) USD $7.30 Buy It Now 7 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER CD USD $8.92 Buy It Now 7 days
The Best Of Emerson Lake And Palmer 1980 German Vinyl LP 202 933-352 Shrink NM USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of Emerson Lake & ... vinyl LP record UK USD $18.69 Buy It Now 8 days
Lake & Palmer Emerson : The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD USD $8.17 Buy It Now 8 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer Cassette USD $0.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Best Of - Cassette, Polish Press USD $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Emerson Lake And Palmer - The Best Of - LP Record EX EX USD $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
2 CD LOT EMERSON LAKE PALMER THE BEST OF & THE VERY BEST OF USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Acceptable Original re USD $11.54 Buy It Now 9 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Emerson, Lake & Palmer-Best Of..... Atlantic ?- SD 19283/LP USD $14.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Very Best Of... NEW CD USD $5.54 Buy It Now 9 days
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-TARKUS THE BEST OF-JAPAN ONLY 2 HQCD H75 zd USD $34.50 Buy It Now 9 days
EL&P THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER (1980) JAPAN CD 32XD-397 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
1980 ELP The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer LP Album USD $6.50 Buy It Now 10 days
the Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1980) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Emerson, Lake And Palmer, The Best Of Cassette Brand New Sealed USD $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Emerson, Lake And Palmer, The Best Of Cassette Brand New Sealed rock USD $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer USD $7.58 Buy It Now 10 days
LP Emerson Lake and Palmer the best of hits Vinyl (not CD) USD $7.80 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer (CD Atlantic) USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
EMERSON LAKE + PALMER 1980 The Best Of ELP 12" Vinyl 33 LP JAZZ PROG ROCK G+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Best of ELP Emerson Lake and Palmer Target CD West Germany 19283-2 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer 1980 Atlantic ?- SD 19283 VG+ Vinyl VG Sleeve USD $1.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Lake & Palmer Emerson-(cassette) USD $4.25 Buy It Now 11 days
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - The Best of E. L. & P. - 1994 - CD - R2 72233 - 14 Trks USD $5.89 Buy It Now 11 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Classic Rock (CD 1994) EXC USA Greatest Hits/Best of USD $4.66 Buy It Now 11 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER CD..."BEST OF" Used USA Copy USD $10.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Best Of. Atlantic SD 19283 (1980) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I know this will make no sense to most of you, but I'll go ahead and admit it: I've whittled down my ELP collection to this compilation and the first album. I've been collecting progressive rock albums since the genre debuted in the late sixties, I sat in the front row for the Tarkus tour, and I now have hundreds and hundreds of progressive rock vinyl albums, compact discs, and even cassettes. So why do I feel that I need just those two ELP cd's? Well, as time goes by, I've grown weary of what I call "noodling", meaning endless soloing or showing off. Also, nowadays I like progressive rock that isn't overtly classical. I recently got that 3-cd Nice Immediate label collection, and I just can't get into anything beyond the early psychedelic stuff. No wonder I only own the first Rick Wakeman solo album. It's ironic, since 99 people out of 100 are going to assume that, as a progressive rock fan, I'm going to put ELP at the top of my list. Yeah, they're great, but they're way down on my list...

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#14647) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Review by memowakeman
4 stars ELP - Great Compilation

I cant do a long review of this album, i dont want to bore you and of course, i wont do a review song by song, because this is a compilation, song by song only in studio albums, here i just have to mention them.

I started saying that this is a great compilation, it really is, i dont like so much "The Best" albums, but this is cool, because it has really some of the best ELPīs songs ever created, and it is a cross between all their studio albums .

Chronologically: Knife Edge and the classic Lucky man from their first Self- Titled album, both good songs remid me of the beggin of thi great band. Tarkus, that great epic, from their second album , its so great because it is not a "excerp2 track, it is the complete Tarkus!!, great!. From my favorite album Trilogy, here we can listen to these songs, Trilogy which is awesome, Hoedown and starting this compilation From the Beggining. From Brain Salad surgery here we can find Jerusalem, Still .. you Turn me On and Karn Evil 9 (1st impression part 2). Cīest la Vie and fanfare to the Common man from Works 1, Honky Tonk Train Blues from Works 2. Luckily from Love Beach neither song ( crying). From their 1992 release, Black Moon, here we can listen to the self titled song, good song by the way. And the las song of this album was a new song, new release, I Believe in father Christmas.

So after all, if you dont know ELP, this compilation could be great for you, maybe if you are a fan, you obviously prefer studio albums (like me), but this "The best Of" is really good, so i recommend it and i will give it 4 stars.

Over 70 minutes of pure and great ELP sound!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#76484) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2006

Review by richardh
4 stars Amongst the plethora of ELP compilations I would rate this as the best one.If ever a band recyled its back catologue ad nauseum it was ELP.What you need is a single CD with Tarkus and Fanfare For The Common Man(single edit not the long drawn out album version).You need the best Greg Lake songs (From The Beginning,Lucky Man and Still You Turn Me On plus the hit Christmas song).You need the spine tingling 'Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends' refrain that Al Freeman used famously on his rock show in the seventies.You don't need Toccata or Pirates,tracks that I love being an ELP fan but inappropriate for a compilation..so they are not here and that is good! If you want to explore ELP farther then collect all their albums up to Works Volume One.If not then this one does very nicely thankyou!

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#76528) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars This is the best ELP compilation I ever saw or heard. It really includes most of their essential work in a single CD, which I thought it was an impossible task. But here are all their major singles, like the stunning version of Jerusalem (well, does Greg Lake sings!) but not only their most popular songs, it does include some stuff that would not be found in other best of, like the complete Tarkus Suite and the entire 8:35 minute Trilogy title track. All three band members were virtuosos and had a lot to show. This CD does them justice.

Unlike a lot of this kind of albums, it does give a very good overview of one of progīs most influential and important bands ever. But - letīs face it - they also did a lot of noodling and self indulgent material too. Fortunatly nothing like that is here (although some hints can be found, which is also good to show them how they were really). If you want to have their best work in a single CD, this is the one to buy. Also serves as an excellent introduction to the band if you want to further look into their cathalog. Maybe the only weak spot is the inclusion of the latter day Black Moon. The rest of the stuff is pure gold. I really liked the inclusion of the rare single I Believe In Father Christmas.The overall sound is also crystal clear, one of the best remastering Iīve heard.

I wish all compilations were so well done and respectful to the artists! 4,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#142146) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 04, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars Before getting this I had never heard a note from this trio. Not even one song on classic rock radio. To this day the only ELP song I have ever heard on the radio is "From The Beginning". I was pleasantly surprised when I first listened to this, mainly for the album version of "Tarkus" which blew me away. While it's nice to have the album version of that song, we also get edited versions of "Karn Evil 9" and "Fanfare For The Common Man". Even the comeback single "Black Moon" is an edit. The Christmas song "I Believe In Father Christmas" is included here also.

Another bonus here is an unedited "Trilogy". "C'est La Vie" and "Honky Tonk Train Blues" seem out of place and are hardly amongst the trio's best songs. It's good to have "Knife Edge" here as well. I found out later that the albums were the way to go. But still, it would have been nice to have "The Barbarian" and "Endless Enigma" here. The three ballad's "Lucky Man", "From The Beginning" and "Still...You Turn Me On" seem to be on every ELP compilation.

A good introduction to ELP. The tracklist is similar to any compilation which has the album version of "Tarkus" on it. But with most prog acts, it's better to get the main studio albums. Or even a live album. 3 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#343091) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 04, 2010

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars From the beginning...

This compilation was my first exposure to ELP. As a young, aspiring progger, I went for the greatest hits of the "greats," scrambling for Yes box sets, Genesis collections, Frank Zappa greatest hits, and this ELP "best of" album. As an exposure, I fell in love. From the gentle melodies of "From the Beginning" (an ELP favorite of mine to this day), the sweeping grandeur of "Trilogy," or the massive perfection of "Tarkus" (which I originally thought was a Jordan Rudess composition when he released his Road Home album, silly me), this entire album is a truly great display of this band's greatest accomplishments. Comprised of both classic and modern tracks, it's a nice eclectic blend of their styles, with Black Moon switching up the track listing a bit. Overall, this is a very good compilation, but I believe it is better to own the studio albums, which have a broader collection of songs.

However, this album is certainly a fantastic introduction to the classic and essential classic prog trio. Although not essential, it is a good compilation. 3+ stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#449243) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4 stars Emerson, Lake, and Palmer is one of those bands that it is almost impossible to make a "short" collection of hits. Many of there longer, better works just can't be pared down into a singles-type version. (And yet the entire "Tarkus" is here!!! Nice job.). Most of their major, popular short tun ... (read more)

Report this review (#296412) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The best way to acquire "Tarkus", "Ce'st La Vie", the single version of "Fanfare For The Common Man" and "I Believe In Father Christmas". Think of it as part oddites / part greatest-hits / "Tarkus"... ... (read more)

Report this review (#68238) | Posted by Rutgers Joe | Friday, February 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is a very fitting introduction to the work of ELP, featuring hits from all over their careers, and still leaving a taste for more. From The Beginning is a true classic, on which all members shine. "Jerusalem" rises to incredible heights with Lake's voice soaring, supported by a frantic Em ... (read more)

Report this review (#14645) | Posted by | Thursday, April 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars i give 4 stars beacuse somehow someone wanted to feature a song from black moon... but as a first glance to the band it's an outstanding introduction (and a cheap one). Tarkus alone worth the buying of the record, also Jerusalem and Lucky man. Great compilation despite the fact that Greg Lake did it ... (read more)

Report this review (#14644) | Posted by | Sunday, March 21, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer"