THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

1. From The Beginning (4:15)
2.Jerusalem {Parry / Blake, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (2:48)
3. Still... You Turn Me On (2:55)
4. Fanfare For The Common Man (single version) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson} (3:00)
5. Knife Edge (Adapted from Janacek's "Sinfonietta") (5:07)
6. Tarkus (20:42)
a) Eruption {Emerson} (2:43)
b) Stones Of Years (3:44)
c) Iconoclast {Emerson} (1:15)
d) Mass {Emerson / Lake} (3:11)
e) Manticore {Emerson} (1:52)
f) Battlefield {Lake} (3:51)
g) Aquatarkus {Emerson} (3:59)
7. Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 2) (4:46)
8. C'est La Vie (4:19)
9. Hoedown (Taken from Rodeo) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (3:47)
10. Trilogy (8:54)
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues {Meade (Lux) Lewis} (3:12)
12. Black Moon (single version) (4:49)
13. Lucky Man {Lake} (4:41)
14. I Believe In Father Christmas (original single version) (3:31)

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer tabs

- Keith Emerson / keyboards
- Greg Lake / vocals, bass, electric & acoustic guitar
- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion

CD-Victory Music/PolyGram-480036-2

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Music

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER-WORKS-VOLUME 1-2 CD SET-NEW-AUSTRALIA-2001-BONUS TRACKS US $13.08 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Black Moon by Emerson, Lake & Palmer US $19.91 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Emerson Lake & Palmer 7" vinyl single record Jerusalem UK K13503 MANTICORE US $21.77 Buy It Now 1h 28m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Tarkus LP NM! Rare New Zealand US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer CD Return of the Manticore Disc 1 ONLY US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER (ELP) Works Volume 2. 1977 LP US $10.93 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - In The Hot Seat JAPAN CD 1994 12trk VICP-5400 US $13.67 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - From The Beginning-The Best Of CD US $22.47 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Emerson Lake & Palmer [DVD New] US $16.22 Buy It Now 4h 23m
The Christmas Album (Autographed) - by Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake US $28.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
Emerson Lake & Palmer / 40th A Blu-ray US $22.38 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Emerson Lake & Palmer 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' US $7.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer-Works Volume 2 US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Trilogy 1972 COTILLION CLASSIC PROG ROCK LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer LP US $13.87 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Mussorgsky - Pictures At An Exhibition LP US $13.87 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer(2x12" Vinyl LP Trifold)Works Volume 1-Atlantic-K 80009-UK US $15.11 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Works LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Emerson Lake Palmer Welcome Back My Friends to the Show that Never Ends Ladies US $2.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP Love Beach JAPAN MINI-LP CD OBI SEALED 1978 US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Works Vol.2 JAPAN MINI-LP SHM-CD OBI SEALED 1977 US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of... CD SONY RUSSIA NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 9h
Emerson, Lake & Palmer(Vinyl LP)-Island-ILPS 9132-UK-VG/VG US $36.96 Buy It Now 9h 11m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: Welcome Back My Friends...2CD+OBI Box Set JAPAN NEW 1990 US $39.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer ?- Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends US $2.99 Buy It Now 9h 19m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Pictures At An Exhibition CD Japan Atlantic 32XD-372 US $9.99 [1 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Brain Salad Surgery LP USA Manticore VG+/VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer In Concert LP USA Atlantic VG+/VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Pictures at an Exhibition LP USA Cotillion VG+/VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Works Volume 1 LPx2 USA Atlantic VG+/VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
"The Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer" vinyl LP ... SD-19283 US $3.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Fanfare For The Common Man - 7" US $6.71 Buy It Now 10h 39m
The Best of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Vinyl 33 LP Rock Music Album EX Stereo 1980 US $5.75 [0 bids]
The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer LP Near Mint glossy vinyl US $7.00 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Emerson Lake & Palmer TARKUS 24K Gold MFSL N/Mint US $67.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER WORKS Set of 2 Vinyl 33 LP Music Album VG+ Stereo 1977 US $6.20 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer TRILOGY 24K Gold MFSL N/Mint US $67.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LOVE BEACH 1978 ATLANTIC VINYL LP * NEAR MINT THROUGHOUT US $15.04 Buy It Now 11h 10m
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER - 7"Single -All I Want Is You/Tiger In A Spotlight, EX+ US $10.07 Buy It Now 11h 14m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Love Beach 1978 US $2.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER CASSETTE Black Moon - 1992 SEALED US $4.95 Buy It Now 11h 56m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - LOVE BEACH TURKISH US $60.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Best Of CD Lucky Man, Still You Turn Me On, Karn Evil 9 US $2.49 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP PICTURES AT AN EXHIBIT GER LP US $20.49 Buy It Now 12h 18m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP WORKS 77 WHITE LABEL ITALIAN US $28.69 Buy It Now 12h 18m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER RARE EXYUGOSLAV PRESSING 3LP N/MINT US $81.99 Buy It Now 12h 18m
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER-Works Vol.2-OR.PROG.PSYCH ROCK PROMO LP STILL IN SHRINK! US $9.99 [0 bids]
3 LPs 1978. Emerson Lake Palmer-Long Beach, Rod Stewart, Foghat-Stone Blue. US $3.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Love Beach US $15.11 Buy It Now 12h 49m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION ATLANTIC P-10112A Japan LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
13h
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION ATLANTIC P-8200A Japan Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER TARKUS ATLANTIC P-8133A Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP US $4.25 [2 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER TRILOGY ATLANTIC P-10113A Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP US $4.25 [3 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "BRAIN SALAD SURGERY" 1977 ATLANTIC RECORDS RE-ISSUE EX US $12.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "WELCOME BACK , MY FRIENDS, TO THE SHOW..." 3X LP VINYL NM US $29.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Love Beach (1978 Sealed LP) US $8.00 Buy It Now 13h 20m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER PICTURES AT THE EXHIBITION 180 Gram Sealed GATEFOLD LP US $148.74 Buy It Now 13h 43m
emerson lake & palmer lp tarkus cotillion sd 9900 vg+/vg+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Best of CD no barcode USA US $8.99 Buy It Now 14h 19m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-TARKUS 1971 ATLANTIC GATEFOLD LP SD 19121 VG++ US $8.99 Buy It Now 14h 28m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER:THE FIRST FIVE: PICTURE DISC COLLECTION - BOXSET LP M/M US $1,250.00 Buy It Now 14h 40m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER TICKET STUB 1971 TARKUS TOUR MANCHESTER FTH ELP US $1.66 [1 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER TICKET STUB 1970 DEBUT 1st TOUR MANCHESTER FTH ELP US $1.66 [1 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Works Volume 1 2x12" US $43.69 Buy It Now 15h 19m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Pictures at an Exhibition Vinyl LP ISLAND HELP1 1971 US $25.20 Buy It Now 15h 48m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Works Vol. 2 LP OOP late-70's prog-rock ELP US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Works, Double LP, Atlantic Recording Corp, 1977 US $2.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LP " Emerson , Lake & Palmer " COTILLION Canada 1970' US $12.95 Buy It Now 16h 31m
Atlantic Records SD-19123 Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy 1972 12" 33.3 US $12.97 Buy It Now 16h 35m
Pair Emerson Lake & Palmer LPs~self titled~Brain Salad Surgery~NICE~ US $3.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Trilogy ROCK 8 Track Cassette UNTESTED Vintage Tape USED US $6.00 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Pictures at an Exhibition US $8.62 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Love Beach / SD 19211 US $8.62 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Love Beach 12" vinyl LP '78 Atlantic rock US $2.99 Buy It Now 17h 32m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Best of 12" vinyl LP '80 Atlantic rock US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 32m
WORKS BY EMERSON LAKE & PALMER 2 RECORD SET US $4.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER. WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS.. Part 2. 1974 MANTICORE 8 TRACK US $10.00 Buy It Now 17h 46m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - Peter Gunn - 1979 CANADA 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 32m
Emerson Lake & Palmer BRAIN SALAD SURGERY Remastered + BONUS SONGS New Sealed CD US $7.50 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Love Beach Audio CD US $18.08 Buy It Now 18h 40m
ASIA Phoenix ADVNCE PROMO CD Yes Emerson lake & Palmer US $34.99 Buy It Now 18h 41m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LIVE IN ITALY 1970 ULTRA RARE ACETATE JAPAN ELP no TMOQ US $480.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE, & PALMER Welcome Back..... Triple LP VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 55m
LP THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h 3m
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Emerson, Lake & Palmer-Tarkus-Cotillion SD9900/LP US $34.98 Buy It Now 19h 4m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Trilogy NM SD-9903 EB642 US $49.99 Buy It Now 19h 25m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER TARKUS VINYL LP GATE FOLD NETHERLANDS ISSUE US $3.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Japan P-6400A Reissue NM LP TARKUS US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 42m
Emerson Lake & Palmer ELP "Brain Salad Surgey" Rare U.S. CD Made in Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer "Pictures at an Exhibition" Rare West Germany "Target" CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER LOVE BEACH LP 630 US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Lot of 6 CD's ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer, The Nice, Atomic Rooster 70's Prog Rock US $18.62 [8 bids]
20h
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LP-THE BEST OF/ATLANTIC, 1980 Excellent US $19.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER / PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 19m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER TARKUS ORIGINAL VINTAGE RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 59m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ORIGINAL 3 RECORD SET RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 59m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BRAIN SALAD SURGERY RECORD US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 59m
MFSL 1-203 EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER "TARKUS" #5788 ANADISC 200 (FACTORY SEALED) US $135.45 Buy It Now 21h 41m
promo EMERSON LAKE & PALMER cd THEN & NOW sampler US $4.50 Buy It Now 21h 44m

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I know this will make no sense to most of you, but I'll go ahead and admit it: I've whittled down my ELP collection to this compilation and the first album. I've been collecting progressive rock albums since the genre debuted in the late sixties, I sat in the front row for the Tarkus tour, and I now have hundreds and hundreds of progressive rock vinyl albums, compact discs, and even cassettes. So why do I feel that I need just those two ELP cd's? Well, as time goes by, I've grown weary of what I call "noodling", meaning endless soloing or showing off. Also, nowadays I like progressive rock that isn't overtly classical. I recently got that 3-cd Nice Immediate label collection, and I just can't get into anything beyond the early psychedelic stuff. No wonder I only own the first Rick Wakeman solo album. It's ironic, since 99 people out of 100 are going to assume that, as a progressive rock fan, I'm going to put ELP at the top of my list. Yeah, they're great, but they're way down on my list...

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#14647) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Review by memowakeman
4 stars ELP - Great Compilation

I cant do a long review of this album, i dont want to bore you and of course, i wont do a review song by song, because this is a compilation, song by song only in studio albums, here i just have to mention them.

I started saying that this is a great compilation, it really is, i dont like so much "The Best" albums, but this is cool, because it has really some of the best ELPīs songs ever created, and it is a cross between all their studio albums .

Chronologically: Knife Edge and the classic Lucky man from their first Self- Titled album, both good songs remid me of the beggin of thi great band. Tarkus, that great epic, from their second album , its so great because it is not a "excerp2 track, it is the complete Tarkus!!, great!. From my favorite album Trilogy, here we can listen to these songs, Trilogy which is awesome, Hoedown and starting this compilation From the Beggining. From Brain Salad surgery here we can find Jerusalem, Still .. you Turn me On and Karn Evil 9 (1st impression part 2). Cīest la Vie and fanfare to the Common man from Works 1, Honky Tonk Train Blues from Works 2. Luckily from Love Beach neither song ( crying). From their 1992 release, Black Moon, here we can listen to the self titled song, good song by the way. And the las song of this album was a new song, new release, I Believe in father Christmas.

So after all, if you dont know ELP, this compilation could be great for you, maybe if you are a fan, you obviously prefer studio albums (like me), but this "The best Of" is really good, so i recommend it and i will give it 4 stars.

Over 70 minutes of pure and great ELP sound!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#76484) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2006

Review by richardh
4 stars Amongst the plethora of ELP compilations I would rate this as the best one.If ever a band recyled its back catologue ad nauseum it was ELP.What you need is a single CD with Tarkus and Fanfare For The Common Man(single edit not the long drawn out album version).You need the best Greg Lake songs (From The Beginning,Lucky Man and Still You Turn Me On plus the hit Christmas song).You need the spine tingling 'Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends' refrain that Al Freeman used famously on his rock show in the seventies.You don't need Toccata or Pirates,tracks that I love being an ELP fan but inappropriate for a compilation..so they are not here and that is good! If you want to explore ELP farther then collect all their albums up to Works Volume One.If not then this one does very nicely thankyou!

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#76528) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars This is the best ELP compilation I ever saw or heard. It really includes most of their essential work in a single CD, which I thought it was an impossible task. But here are all their major singles, like the stunning version of Jerusalem (well, does Greg Lake sings!) but not only their most popular songs, it does include some stuff that would not be found in other best of, like the complete Tarkus Suite and the entire 8:35 minute Trilogy title track. All three band members were virtuosos and had a lot to show. This CD does them justice.

Unlike a lot of this kind of albums, it does give a very good overview of one of progīs most influential and important bands ever. But - letīs face it - they also did a lot of noodling and self indulgent material too. Fortunatly nothing like that is here (although some hints can be found, which is also good to show them how they were really). If you want to have their best work in a single CD, this is the one to buy. Also serves as an excellent introduction to the band if you want to further look into their cathalog. Maybe the only weak spot is the inclusion of the latter day Black Moon. The rest of the stuff is pure gold. I really liked the inclusion of the rare single I Believe In Father Christmas.The overall sound is also crystal clear, one of the best remastering Iīve heard.

I wish all compilations were so well done and respectful to the artists! 4,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#142146) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 04, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post Rock Team
3 stars Before getting this I had never heard a note from this trio. Not even one song on classic rock radio. To this day the only ELP song I have ever heard on the radio is "From The Beginning". I was pleasantly surprised when I first listened to this, mainly for the album version of "Tarkus" which blew me away. While it's nice to have the album version of that song, we also get edited versions of "Karn Evil 9" and "Fanfare For The Common Man". Even the comeback single "Black Moon" is an edit. The Christmas song "I Believe In Father Christmas" is included here also.

Another bonus here is an unedited "Trilogy". "C'est La Vie" and "Honky Tonk Train Blues" seem out of place and are hardly amongst the trio's best songs. It's good to have "Knife Edge" here as well. I found out later that the albums were the way to go. But still, it would have been nice to have "The Barbarian" and "Endless Enigma" here. The three ballad's "Lucky Man", "From The Beginning" and "Still...You Turn Me On" seem to be on every ELP compilation.

A good introduction to ELP. The tracklist is similar to any compilation which has the album version of "Tarkus" on it. But with most prog acts, it's better to get the main studio albums. Or even a live album. 3 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#343091) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 04, 2010

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Admin / Heavy Prog Team / Math Rock Team
3 stars From the beginning...

This compilation was my first exposure to ELP. As a young, aspiring progger, I went for the greatest hits of the "greats," scrambling for Yes box sets, Genesis collections, Frank Zappa greatest hits, and this ELP "best of" album. As an exposure, I fell in love. From the gentle melodies of "From the Beginning" (an ELP favorite of mine to this day), the sweeping grandeur of "Trilogy," or the massive perfection of "Tarkus" (which I originally thought was a Jordan Rudess composition when he released his Road Home album, silly me), this entire album is a truly great display of this band's greatest accomplishments. Comprised of both classic and modern tracks, it's a nice eclectic blend of their styles, with Black Moon switching up the track listing a bit. Overall, this is a very good compilation, but I believe it is better to own the studio albums, which have a broader collection of songs.

However, this album is certainly a fantastic introduction to the classic and essential classic prog trio. Although not essential, it is a good compilation. 3+ stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#449243) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4 stars Emerson, Lake, and Palmer is one of those bands that it is almost impossible to make a "short" collection of hits. Many of there longer, better works just can't be pared down into a singles-type version. (And yet the entire "Tarkus" is here!!! Nice job.). Most of their major, popular short tun ... (read more)

Report this review (#296412) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The best way to acquire "Tarkus", "Ce'st La Vie", the single version of "Fanfare For The Common Man" and "I Believe In Father Christmas". Think of it as part oddites / part greatest-hits / "Tarkus"... ... (read more)

Report this review (#68238) | Posted by Rutgers Joe | Friday, February 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is a very fitting introduction to the work of ELP, featuring hits from all over their careers, and still leaving a taste for more. From The Beginning is a true classic, on which all members shine. "Jerusalem" rises to incredible heights with Lake's voice soaring, supported by a frantic Em ... (read more)

Report this review (#14645) | Posted by | Thursday, April 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars i give 4 stars beacuse somehow someone wanted to feature a song from black moon... but as a first glance to the band it's an outstanding introduction (and a cheap one). Tarkus alone worth the buying of the record, also Jerusalem and Lucky man. Great compilation despite the fact that Greg Lake did it ... (read more)

Report this review (#14644) | Posted by | Sunday, March 21, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer"