THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

1. From The Beginning (4:15)
2.Jerusalem {Parry / Blake, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (2:48)
3. Still... You Turn Me On (2:55)
4. Fanfare For The Common Man (single version) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson} (3:00)
5. Knife Edge (Adapted from Janacek's "Sinfonietta") (5:07)
6. Tarkus (20:42)
a) Eruption {Emerson} (2:43)
b) Stones Of Years (3:44)
c) Iconoclast {Emerson} (1:15)
d) Mass {Emerson / Lake} (3:11)
e) Manticore {Emerson} (1:52)
f) Battlefield {Lake} (3:51)
g) Aquatarkus {Emerson} (3:59)
7. Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 2) (4:46)
8. C'est La Vie (4:19)
9. Hoedown (Taken from Rodeo) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (3:47)
10. Trilogy (8:54)
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues {Meade (Lux) Lewis} (3:12)
12. Black Moon (single version) (4:49)
13. Lucky Man {Lake} (4:41)
14. I Believe In Father Christmas (original single version) (3:31)

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer tabs

- Keith Emerson / keyboards
- Greg Lake / vocals, bass, electric & acoustic guitar
- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion

CD-Victory Music/PolyGram-480036-2

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Music

The Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer (CD Atlantic) US $24.99 Buy It Now 35m 12s
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Pictures At An Exhibition 1972 Atlantic Records ALBUM US $1.99 [0 bids]
59m 11s
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Trilogy LP Manticore label US $20.19 Buy It Now 1h
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Works Volume 2 1977 Atlantic Records ALBUM US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Tarkus P-8133 LP R8909 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer 'Brain Salad Surgery' Deluxe (Pre Order 7 Disc) US $131.21 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Atlantic Years by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD, 1992, 2 Discs, Atlantic... US $9.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy CD US $13.44 Buy It Now 1h 6m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Works P-4652 2LP T1783 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Pictures at an Exhibition K33501 LP V6356 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Works Volume 2 P-10438 OBI LP t7704 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Brain Salad Surgery MC66669 LP T7705 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Pictures at an Exhibition K33 501 LP U2641 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Orig 1977 "Works Volume 1" 2- LP NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Self-Titled S/T, 1971 Rock LP, VG, Vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 29m
2 Lps-EMERSON LAKE & PALMER-Works Volume 1-1977 US $6.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Works Vol. 2 SD19147 LP r7174 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Tarkus SD9900 LP Y7022 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Works Volume 2 P-10438A1 LP y6108 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Brain Salad Surgery P-8395M LP X5061 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Tarkus P-8133 LP P3883 US $5.99 [0 bids]
KEITH EMERSON Emerson Lake & Palmer Works P-6311 2LP S0318 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "Welcome Back My Friends ..." 3 x LP 1974 Manticore US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 46m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Love Beach 1978 Japan Press LP n8462 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake&Palmer-Trilogy-lp vinyl record SD 19123 US $8.79 Buy It Now 3h 6m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BEST OF GERMAN IMPORT ARIOLA 1980 US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER-WORKS VOLUME 1 BO BARCODES vinyl rock NM/VG+ 2LP US $17.98 Buy It Now 3h 29m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Love Beach SD19211 LP z5222 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Tarkus P-8133 LP U3953 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer promo-only LP On Tour With ELP (1977 interview & music) E US $19.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" In Concert SD19255 LP t1784 US $5.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Brain Salad Surgery 781 523-1 LP u2327 US $5.99 [0 bids]
4h
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Works K80009 2LP R8816 US $5.99 [0 bids]
1971 Emerson, Lake & Palmer S/T LP Cotillion ?- SD 9040 US VG+/VG Prog Rock US $10.25 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - WORKS Vol. 2 LP Jkt=VG Vinyl=NM 1977 Atlantic Rec.$4.78 US $5.78 [0 bids]
10 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by EMERSON LAKE & PALMER prog rock LUCKY MAN cd US $7.89 Buy It Now 4h 13m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Works P-6311 2LP Y6107 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 2 Emerson, Lake & Palmer Vinyl Record Album / Albums - Trilogy & Pictures US $9.99 [0 bids]
Emerson,Lake & Palmer "Best Of The Bootlegs" Progressive Rock 2 CD Set US $10.00 [0 bids]
*PROMO* Emerson Lake & Palmer - Fanfare for the Common Man 45 rpm single US $6.75 [0 bids]
"TRILOGY" EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LP VG US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Emerson Lake & Palmer "Works-Volume 1" 1977 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition (CD 2011) US $8.33 Buy It Now 5h 10m
ASIA "GO" 7" PICTURE SLEEVE 45 YES KING CRIMSON EMERSON LAKE & PALMER US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 29m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - TRILOGY, SD 9903 COTILLION; LP US $12.50 Buy It Now 5h 38m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "NM WAX" Love Beach 1978 P-10603 LP q5495 US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 38m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER TRILOGY SEALED LP ATLANTIC SD-19123, MAKE AN OFFER!!! US $89.99 Buy It Now 5h 41m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Pictures At An Exhibition JP LP K0820 US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
EMERSON ,LAKE & PALMER /ELP + 7 LPs COLLECTION + RARE+ CLASSIC PROG.ROCK + US $19.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER -Self-Titled - COTILLION LP-SD9040 - 1971 US $3.50 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - 3 VINYL LP ALBUMS US $15.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE PALMER JAPAN MADE LIMITED MINI LP CD SHM NEW 2010 VICP-70148 US $37.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - BRAIN SALAD SURGERY vg+ US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - ON A KNIFE EDGE NEW DVD US $23.56 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer (SD 9040) US $8.95 [0 bids]
Asia Self Titled Geffen 1982 Exellent Condition Yes Emerson Lake US $2.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE PALMER ELP tarkus DIGIPAK CD KEITH GREG SEALED LV24 US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Album By Emerson, Lake & Palmer, "Works" on Atlantic US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Album By Emerson Lake & Palmer, "Works" on Atlantic US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Birth Of A Band DVD Progressive Rock Music Album New US $11.76 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus Lp Aust Atlantic SD9900 US $9.37 Buy It Now 10h 7m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-WORKS VOLUME 1 +3-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD H75 US $39.50 Buy It Now 11h 55m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - In Concert ~ VINYL LP SIGNED BY GREG LAKE US $30.27 Buy It Now 12h 44m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-TARKUS THE BEST OF-JAPAN ONLY 2 HQCD H75 US $39.50 Buy It Now 13h 5m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - WORKS LIVE - 2 CD US $14.02 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Emerson Lake Palmer - The Show That Never Ends 2CD *NEW* US $11.76 Buy It Now 14h 55m
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD Emerson Lake & Palmer: Very Best of Original re US $27.71 Buy It Now 14h 59m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Works Vol 2 2011 CD +3 Trx NEW US $11.69 Buy It Now 15h 20m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Black Moon 2011 CD +4 Trx NEW US $11.69 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Tarkus 8 Track Tape TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 16h 30m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Emerson Lake & Palmer s/t CD NEW US $12.73 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Carl Palmer's PM - 1PM (CD 2008) Progressive Rock ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Asia US $13.99 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer LP Brain Salad Surgery * Manticore MC-66669 (1973) US $2.16 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer From The Beginning 5 x CD Box Set Music Album US $33.63 Buy It Now 19h 16m
4 TAPES! EMERSON LAKE & PALMER (Trilogy, Pictures At an exhibition, Black Moon US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 18m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER S/T FIRST ALBUM JAPAN IMPORT EX/VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake Palmer Works Volume 2 SHM-CD JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED US $5.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake Palmer Love Beach SHM-CD JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $5.99 [0 bids]
LOT OF 2 / EMERSON LAKE & PALMER TOUR OF THE AMERICAS PART ONE TWO CONDITION P US $119.99 Buy It Now 19h 49m
I Believe in Father Christmas [Single] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD,... US $14.95 [0 bids]
Recupera Tus Clasicos Emerson Lake Palmer CD NEW 4 Disc Set 44 Songs Sealed! US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 22m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD, Feb-2011, Sony Music) US $8.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE,& PALMER "LOVE BEACH" ATLANTIC US $1.65 Buy It Now 20h 35m
Rock NM! 45 EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Nutrocker on Cotillion US $5.00 Buy It Now 20h 49m
Rock 45 EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Nutrocker on Cotillion US $5.00 Buy It Now 20h 54m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Original Album Classics CD Boxset US $18.49 Buy It Now 21h 14m
Emerson Lake & Palmer "Self Titled" EX 1971 Vinyl Record US $8.98 Buy It Now 21h 36m
Jackson Heights-King Progress-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT(Emerson Lake Palmer/The Nice US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy NEW CD US $8.08 Buy It Now 21h 48m
Rock 45 EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER From The Beginning on Cotillion US $5.00 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Rock NM! 45 EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Living Sin on Cotillion US $5.00 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Emerson Lake & Palmer~Tarkus~Cotillion Records SD9900~LP~gatefold Prog Good Cond US $3.00 [0 bids]
22h
Jackson Heights-Attention! PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!(Emerson Lake Palmer/The Nice) US $8.99 Buy It Now 22h 3m
LP EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION (MANTICORE K 33 501) US $16.81 Buy It Now 22h 6m
LP EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - TARKUS (MANTICORE K 43504) UK REPRESS IN GATEFOLD US $16.81 Buy It Now 22h 8m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER the best of live MUSIC CLUB CD NE US $6.71 Buy It Now 22h 10m
LP EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - TRILOGY (MANTICORE K 43505) UK 1982 PRESSING US $16.81 Buy It Now 22h 11m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER " FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN " 7" SINGLE ATLANTIC US $3.35 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Welcome Back 2-CD Japan OBI US $35.00 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Self Titled 8 Track Tape TESTED US $6.00 Buy It Now 22h 47m

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I know this will make no sense to most of you, but I'll go ahead and admit it: I've whittled down my ELP collection to this compilation and the first album. I've been collecting progressive rock albums since the genre debuted in the late sixties, I sat in the front row for the Tarkus tour, and I now have hundreds and hundreds of progressive rock vinyl albums, compact discs, and even cassettes. So why do I feel that I need just those two ELP cd's? Well, as time goes by, I've grown weary of what I call "noodling", meaning endless soloing or showing off. Also, nowadays I like progressive rock that isn't overtly classical. I recently got that 3-cd Nice Immediate label collection, and I just can't get into anything beyond the early psychedelic stuff. No wonder I only own the first Rick Wakeman solo album. It's ironic, since 99 people out of 100 are going to assume that, as a progressive rock fan, I'm going to put ELP at the top of my list. Yeah, they're great, but they're way down on my list...

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#14647) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Review by memowakeman
4 stars ELP - Great Compilation

I cant do a long review of this album, i dont want to bore you and of course, i wont do a review song by song, because this is a compilation, song by song only in studio albums, here i just have to mention them.

I started saying that this is a great compilation, it really is, i dont like so much "The Best" albums, but this is cool, because it has really some of the best ELP´s songs ever created, and it is a cross between all their studio albums .

Chronologically: Knife Edge and the classic Lucky man from their first Self- Titled album, both good songs remid me of the beggin of thi great band. Tarkus, that great epic, from their second album , its so great because it is not a "excerp2 track, it is the complete Tarkus!!, great!. From my favorite album Trilogy, here we can listen to these songs, Trilogy which is awesome, Hoedown and starting this compilation From the Beggining. From Brain Salad surgery here we can find Jerusalem, Still .. you Turn me On and Karn Evil 9 (1st impression part 2). C´est la Vie and fanfare to the Common man from Works 1, Honky Tonk Train Blues from Works 2. Luckily from Love Beach neither song ( crying). From their 1992 release, Black Moon, here we can listen to the self titled song, good song by the way. And the las song of this album was a new song, new release, I Believe in father Christmas.

So after all, if you dont know ELP, this compilation could be great for you, maybe if you are a fan, you obviously prefer studio albums (like me), but this "The best Of" is really good, so i recommend it and i will give it 4 stars.

Over 70 minutes of pure and great ELP sound!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#76484) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2006

Review by richardh
4 stars Amongst the plethora of ELP compilations I would rate this as the best one.If ever a band recyled its back catologue ad nauseum it was ELP.What you need is a single CD with Tarkus and Fanfare For The Common Man(single edit not the long drawn out album version).You need the best Greg Lake songs (From The Beginning,Lucky Man and Still You Turn Me On plus the hit Christmas song).You need the spine tingling 'Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends' refrain that Al Freeman used famously on his rock show in the seventies.You don't need Toccata or Pirates,tracks that I love being an ELP fan but inappropriate for a compilation..so they are not here and that is good! If you want to explore ELP farther then collect all their albums up to Works Volume One.If not then this one does very nicely thankyou!

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#76528) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars This is the best ELP compilation I ever saw or heard. It really includes most of their essential work in a single CD, which I thought it was an impossible task. But here are all their major singles, like the stunning version of Jerusalem (well, does Greg Lake sings!) but not only their most popular songs, it does include some stuff that would not be found in other best of, like the complete Tarkus Suite and the entire 8:35 minute Trilogy title track. All three band members were virtuosos and had a lot to show. This CD does them justice.

Unlike a lot of this kind of albums, it does give a very good overview of one of prog´s most influential and important bands ever. But - let´s face it - they also did a lot of noodling and self indulgent material too. Fortunatly nothing like that is here (although some hints can be found, which is also good to show them how they were really). If you want to have their best work in a single CD, this is the one to buy. Also serves as an excellent introduction to the band if you want to further look into their cathalog. Maybe the only weak spot is the inclusion of the latter day Black Moon. The rest of the stuff is pure gold. I really liked the inclusion of the rare single I Believe In Father Christmas.The overall sound is also crystal clear, one of the best remastering I´ve heard.

I wish all compilations were so well done and respectful to the artists! 4,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#142146) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 04, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post Rock Team
3 stars Before getting this I had never heard a note from this trio. Not even one song on classic rock radio. To this day the only ELP song I have ever heard on the radio is "From The Beginning". I was pleasantly surprised when I first listened to this, mainly for the album version of "Tarkus" which blew me away. While it's nice to have the album version of that song, we also get edited versions of "Karn Evil 9" and "Fanfare For The Common Man". Even the comeback single "Black Moon" is an edit. The Christmas song "I Believe In Father Christmas" is included here also.

Another bonus here is an unedited "Trilogy". "C'est La Vie" and "Honky Tonk Train Blues" seem out of place and are hardly amongst the trio's best songs. It's good to have "Knife Edge" here as well. I found out later that the albums were the way to go. But still, it would have been nice to have "The Barbarian" and "Endless Enigma" here. The three ballad's "Lucky Man", "From The Beginning" and "Still...You Turn Me On" seem to be on every ELP compilation.

A good introduction to ELP. The tracklist is similar to any compilation which has the album version of "Tarkus" on it. But with most prog acts, it's better to get the main studio albums. Or even a live album. 3 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#343091) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 04, 2010

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Admin / Heavy Prog Team / Math Rock Team
3 stars From the beginning...

This compilation was my first exposure to ELP. As a young, aspiring progger, I went for the greatest hits of the "greats," scrambling for Yes box sets, Genesis collections, Frank Zappa greatest hits, and this ELP "best of" album. As an exposure, I fell in love. From the gentle melodies of "From the Beginning" (an ELP favorite of mine to this day), the sweeping grandeur of "Trilogy," or the massive perfection of "Tarkus" (which I originally thought was a Jordan Rudess composition when he released his Road Home album, silly me), this entire album is a truly great display of this band's greatest accomplishments. Comprised of both classic and modern tracks, it's a nice eclectic blend of their styles, with Black Moon switching up the track listing a bit. Overall, this is a very good compilation, but I believe it is better to own the studio albums, which have a broader collection of songs.

However, this album is certainly a fantastic introduction to the classic and essential classic prog trio. Although not essential, it is a good compilation. 3+ stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#449243) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4 stars Emerson, Lake, and Palmer is one of those bands that it is almost impossible to make a "short" collection of hits. Many of there longer, better works just can't be pared down into a singles-type version. (And yet the entire "Tarkus" is here!!! Nice job.). Most of their major, popular short tun ... (read more)

Report this review (#296412) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The best way to acquire "Tarkus", "Ce'st La Vie", the single version of "Fanfare For The Common Man" and "I Believe In Father Christmas". Think of it as part oddites / part greatest-hits / "Tarkus"... ... (read more)

Report this review (#68238) | Posted by Rutgers Joe | Friday, February 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is a very fitting introduction to the work of ELP, featuring hits from all over their careers, and still leaving a taste for more. From The Beginning is a true classic, on which all members shine. "Jerusalem" rises to incredible heights with Lake's voice soaring, supported by a frantic Em ... (read more)

Report this review (#14645) | Posted by | Thursday, April 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars i give 4 stars beacuse somehow someone wanted to feature a song from black moon... but as a first glance to the band it's an outstanding introduction (and a cheap one). Tarkus alone worth the buying of the record, also Jerusalem and Lucky man. Great compilation despite the fact that Greg Lake did it ... (read more)

Report this review (#14644) | Posted by | Sunday, March 21, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer"