THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

1. From The Beginning (4:15)
2.Jerusalem {Parry / Blake, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (2:48)
3. Still... You Turn Me On (2:55)
4. Fanfare For The Common Man (single version) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson} (3:00)
5. Knife Edge (Adapted from Janacek's "Sinfonietta") (5:07)
6. Tarkus (20:42)
a) Eruption {Emerson} (2:43)
b) Stones Of Years (3:44)
c) Iconoclast {Emerson} (1:15)
d) Mass {Emerson / Lake} (3:11)
e) Manticore {Emerson} (1:52)
f) Battlefield {Lake} (3:51)
g) Aquatarkus {Emerson} (3:59)
7. Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 2) (4:46)
8. C'est La Vie (4:19)
9. Hoedown (Taken from Rodeo) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (3:47)
10. Trilogy (8:54)
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues {Meade (Lux) Lewis} (3:12)
12. Black Moon (single version) (4:49)
13. Lucky Man {Lake} (4:41)
14. I Believe In Father Christmas (original single version) (3:31)

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer tabs

- Keith Emerson / keyboards
- Greg Lake / vocals, bass, electric & acoustic guitar
- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion

CD-Victory Music/PolyGram-480036-2

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Music

Emerson Lake & Palmer Pictures At An Exhibition Music Cassette Manticor Label US $11.28 Buy It Now 34m 54s
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best of Music Cassette Atlantic Label (1) US $4.84 Buy It Now 53m 5s
Emerson Lake & Palmer-IN THE HOT SEAT 1994 12 track Japanese Japan OBI ELP BONUS US $24.12 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Trilogy Emerson Lake Palmer LP SMAS94773 G US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Brain Salad Surgery [Rhino Bonus Track] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD,... US $58.50 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - COME & SEE THE SHOW: BEST OF EMERSON LAKE PALMER NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 4h 31m
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! US $16.69 Buy It Now 4h 39m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Trilogy (1972) Vinyl LP EXCELLENT GATEWOOD US $4.99 [0 bids]
EL&P Emerson, Lake & Palmer Japan Mini LP CD 5pcs SET W/BOX US $158.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Essential 2CD Best Of NEW US $9.68 Buy It Now 5h 36m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - TARKUS (DLX) NEW CD US $20.66 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition CD US $14.14 Buy It Now 6h 33m
The Atlantic Years by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD, 1992, 2 Discs, Atlantic... US $9.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer : Works Vol 2 CD (1996) US $6.03 Buy It Now 7h 45m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Best Of The Bootlegs 2 CD Set 2004 classic rock ELP 1970's US $12.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Love Beach - Record/Vinyl 1978 Atlantic Rec. SD 1921 US $4.00 Buy It Now 8h 14m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Pictures At An Exhib/Isle Of Wight/Montreux '97 3x DVD NEW US $22.50 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Vinyl LP Prog Records Genesis,Electric Light Orchestra,Emerson Lake Palmer US $5.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION +1-JAPAN MINI LP HQCD G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER NUTROCKER JAPAN US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Love Beach LP Promo SD 19211 Vinyl 1978 Record 33 rpm rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Japan P-8033A 1971 NM LP EMERSON LAKE&PALMER Debut Album US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 19m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Welcome Back Remastered 3x 180G LP NEW US $51.54 Buy It Now 9h 25m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Japan P-8133A 1971 Ex LP TARKUS US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 25m
NEW - Then & Now by Emerson Lake & Palmer US $9.75 Buy It Now 9h 28m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - FROM THE BEGINNING: THE BEST OF 2CD SET (2011) US $9.18 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Works Volume 2 (1977) Japan Mini LP SHM-CD NEW VOL II US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 44m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Works ~ 8 Track Tape US $7.95 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus (2001) US $1.60 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (2001) US $1.60 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER "TARKUS" 180gr VINYL 2 LP NEW & SEALED US $38.70 Buy It Now 9h 55m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ~ SELF TITLED ~ ATLANTIC 19120 US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Works Vol. I & II 8 Track Tapes TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 44m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ~ LUCKY MAN / KNIFE'S EDGE ~ COTILLION 44106 ~ ROCK 45 US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 46m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy 1972 USA Gatefold Orig. E/E US $2.99 [1 bids]
EMERSON LAKE + PALMER 1980 The Best Of ELP 12" Vinyl 33 LP JAZZ PROG ROCK G+ US $7.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of (VG+) 1980 Atlantic 12" LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER..FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN "ALMOST MINT" PROG.ROCK 7" US $3.21 Buy It Now 11h 19m
ORIG 1977 DBL LP "EMERSON LAKE & PALMER"WORKS VOL 1-NOBODY LOVES YOU LIKE I DO US $1.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer-"Works" Japan mini lp cd's US $22.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER pictures at an exhibition 1971 UK ISLAND STEREO LP HELP 1 US $19.36 Buy It Now 12h 45m
AUDIO CASSETTE Emerson, Lake & Palmer/Brain Salad Surgery 1973 PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $5.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Music Pkg. 6 Record Albums 1 CD all VG++ to VG+++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-WORKS VOLUME 2 +3-JAPAN MINI LP HQCD G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 12h 57m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER WLPromo DJ COPY MONAURAL 1st LP UNPLAYED 1971 US $350.00 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Welcome Back My Friends 3-LP Vinyl Record VG Condition US $39.99 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus [CD New] US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 21m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-TARKUS +1-JAPAN MINI LP HQCD G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 13h 35m
ASIA - ASIA CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / EMERSON LAKE & PALMER / YES US $13.04 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER, S/T - GERMAN LP 85 382 IT US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 51m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ELP / PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION 1972 JAPAN Orig LP w/ OBI US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 52m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ELP / WORKS 1/2 1981 LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 52m
Emerson Lake & Palmer In Concert 8 Track Tape TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 14h 6m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER IN CONCERT RARE LP ISRAEL US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 17m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LOVE BEACH RARE LP ISRAEL ATLANTIC US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 19m
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER US $7.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Love Beach JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD NEW SEALED US $5.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer THREE 8 - Track Tape Collection Brain Salad Surgery Works US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 9m
Greg Lake of Emerson Lake & Palmer article 1981 and ELP US $3.87 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Lucky Man and Other Hits by Emerson, Lake & Palmer BRAND NEW CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
BRAIN SALAD SURGERY EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MANTICORE LABEL 1973 K535 01 H R GIGER US $37.09 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer "Trilogy" LP Album 1972 US $8.00 [0 bids]
Trilogy by Emerson, Lake & Palmer *New CD* US $6.86 Buy It Now 16h 32m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man Live CD US $4.84 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ... Love Beach ... 33rpm LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer 'Works - Volume 2' Cassette Album (Reissue) US $0.79 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-IN THE HOT SEAT +1-JAPAN MINI LP HQCD G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 17h 10m
Emerson Lake & Palmer-Brain Salad Surgery-Original Recordings/Castle 2-180 GRAM US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 21m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Fanfare: the 1997 World Tour CD ALBUM EXC US $4.82 Buy It Now 17h 53m
The Return of the Manticore [Box] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer 4 CDS BOOKLET US $18.00 [0 bids]
THE NICE ~ THOUGHTS ~VERY RARE HAND SIGNED MONO UK LP 1967 ~ EMERSON LAKE PALMER US $1,209.83 Buy It Now 18h 21m
Peter Frampton Crosby Stills Nash Steve Miller Band Emerson Lake Palmer US $9.50 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - TRILOGY NEW CD US $24.61 Buy It Now 18h 54m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - BEST OF NEW CD US $15.25 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Emerson Lake & Palmer -Welcome Back My Friends Part 1 QUAD 8-TRACK quadraphonic US $69.99 [0 bids]
THE ESSENTIAL EMERSON LAKE & PALMER on 2 CD's - BRAND NEW US $16.47 Buy It Now 19h 58m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: Self Titled LP MANTICORE RECORDS 87224ET Germany NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 3m
Emerson Lake & Palmer, Tarkus Audio CD US $10.19 Buy It Now 20h 19m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ~BRAIN SALAD SURGERY~ M/NM~ JAPAN Made CD ~RARE~ 1st PRESS US $59.95 Buy It Now 20h 25m
the BEST of EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ~WEST GERMAN IMPORT~ TARGET CD RARE ~ MINT US $49.95 Buy It Now 20h 40m
Best Emerson Lake Palmer Vinyl Album Vintage Record LP Ariola Germany Vg US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 49m
Emerson Lake & Palmer LP Manticore Records, 1973, MC 66669, Brain Salad Surgery US $5.99 Buy It Now 20h 53m
Emerson Lake & Palmer "Works-Volume 1" 1977 US $7.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: C'est La Vie/Jeremy Bender (rock vinyl 45) US $12.00 Buy It Now 21h 9m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Works Vol.1&2 8 Tracks Tested!!!! US $5.00 Buy It Now 21h 20m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - 3 VINYL LP ALBUMS US $15.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ESSENTIAL 2 CD NEW US $11.41 Buy It Now 21h 42m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER--------TRILOGY 33 RPM US $5.30 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: Tarkus (rock VG+ vinyl LP SD-9900 CANADA) US $18.00 Buy It Now 21h 56m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: In Concert (rock NM vinyl LP QSD-19255) US $23.00 Buy It Now 21h 58m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: Pictures At An Exhibition (rock VG++ vinyl LP ELP-66666) US $25.00 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Works I 2LP NM-/VG+ Lyrics Gatefold SD-7000 Pics US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h
Works by Emerson Lake & Palmer, Double Album (Vinyl, Atlantic SD-2-7000, 1977) US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER US $16.99 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Emerson Lake & Palmer UK 3 LP SET Manticore AORL 38425 UK Vinyl LP US $75.00 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Live at the Royal Albert Hall by Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD looks GREAT US $4.00 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Pictures at an Exhibition Album US $1.99 [0 bids]
ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer: 10 Japan Mini Lp CD + Tarkus drawer box US $354.85 [0 bids]
ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer: 3 Japan mini-lp cd + Black Moon promo box US $110.89 [0 bids]
the best of emerson lake & palmer record US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I know this will make no sense to most of you, but I'll go ahead and admit it: I've whittled down my ELP collection to this compilation and the first album. I've been collecting progressive rock albums since the genre debuted in the late sixties, I sat in the front row for the Tarkus tour, and I now have hundreds and hundreds of progressive rock vinyl albums, compact discs, and even cassettes. So why do I feel that I need just those two ELP cd's? Well, as time goes by, I've grown weary of what I call "noodling", meaning endless soloing or showing off. Also, nowadays I like progressive rock that isn't overtly classical. I recently got that 3-cd Nice Immediate label collection, and I just can't get into anything beyond the early psychedelic stuff. No wonder I only own the first Rick Wakeman solo album. It's ironic, since 99 people out of 100 are going to assume that, as a progressive rock fan, I'm going to put ELP at the top of my list. Yeah, they're great, but they're way down on my list...

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#14647) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Review by memowakeman
4 stars ELP - Great Compilation

I cant do a long review of this album, i dont want to bore you and of course, i wont do a review song by song, because this is a compilation, song by song only in studio albums, here i just have to mention them.

I started saying that this is a great compilation, it really is, i dont like so much "The Best" albums, but this is cool, because it has really some of the best ELPīs songs ever created, and it is a cross between all their studio albums .

Chronologically: Knife Edge and the classic Lucky man from their first Self- Titled album, both good songs remid me of the beggin of thi great band. Tarkus, that great epic, from their second album , its so great because it is not a "excerp2 track, it is the complete Tarkus!!, great!. From my favorite album Trilogy, here we can listen to these songs, Trilogy which is awesome, Hoedown and starting this compilation From the Beggining. From Brain Salad surgery here we can find Jerusalem, Still .. you Turn me On and Karn Evil 9 (1st impression part 2). Cīest la Vie and fanfare to the Common man from Works 1, Honky Tonk Train Blues from Works 2. Luckily from Love Beach neither song ( crying). From their 1992 release, Black Moon, here we can listen to the self titled song, good song by the way. And the las song of this album was a new song, new release, I Believe in father Christmas.

So after all, if you dont know ELP, this compilation could be great for you, maybe if you are a fan, you obviously prefer studio albums (like me), but this "The best Of" is really good, so i recommend it and i will give it 4 stars.

Over 70 minutes of pure and great ELP sound!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#76484) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2006

Review by richardh
4 stars Amongst the plethora of ELP compilations I would rate this as the best one.If ever a band recyled its back catologue ad nauseum it was ELP.What you need is a single CD with Tarkus and Fanfare For The Common Man(single edit not the long drawn out album version).You need the best Greg Lake songs (From The Beginning,Lucky Man and Still You Turn Me On plus the hit Christmas song).You need the spine tingling 'Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends' refrain that Al Freeman used famously on his rock show in the seventies.You don't need Toccata or Pirates,tracks that I love being an ELP fan but inappropriate for a compilation..so they are not here and that is good! If you want to explore ELP farther then collect all their albums up to Works Volume One.If not then this one does very nicely thankyou!

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#76528) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars This is the best ELP compilation I ever saw or heard. It really includes most of their essential work in a single CD, which I thought it was an impossible task. But here are all their major singles, like the stunning version of Jerusalem (well, does Greg Lake sings!) but not only their most popular songs, it does include some stuff that would not be found in other best of, like the complete Tarkus Suite and the entire 8:35 minute Trilogy title track. All three band members were virtuosos and had a lot to show. This CD does them justice.

Unlike a lot of this kind of albums, it does give a very good overview of one of progīs most influential and important bands ever. But - letīs face it - they also did a lot of noodling and self indulgent material too. Fortunatly nothing like that is here (although some hints can be found, which is also good to show them how they were really). If you want to have their best work in a single CD, this is the one to buy. Also serves as an excellent introduction to the band if you want to further look into their cathalog. Maybe the only weak spot is the inclusion of the latter day Black Moon. The rest of the stuff is pure gold. I really liked the inclusion of the rare single I Believe In Father Christmas.The overall sound is also crystal clear, one of the best remastering Iīve heard.

I wish all compilations were so well done and respectful to the artists! 4,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#142146) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 04, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars Before getting this I had never heard a note from this trio. Not even one song on classic rock radio. To this day the only ELP song I have ever heard on the radio is "From The Beginning". I was pleasantly surprised when I first listened to this, mainly for the album version of "Tarkus" which blew me away. While it's nice to have the album version of that song, we also get edited versions of "Karn Evil 9" and "Fanfare For The Common Man". Even the comeback single "Black Moon" is an edit. The Christmas song "I Believe In Father Christmas" is included here also.

Another bonus here is an unedited "Trilogy". "C'est La Vie" and "Honky Tonk Train Blues" seem out of place and are hardly amongst the trio's best songs. It's good to have "Knife Edge" here as well. I found out later that the albums were the way to go. But still, it would have been nice to have "The Barbarian" and "Endless Enigma" here. The three ballad's "Lucky Man", "From The Beginning" and "Still...You Turn Me On" seem to be on every ELP compilation.

A good introduction to ELP. The tracklist is similar to any compilation which has the album version of "Tarkus" on it. But with most prog acts, it's better to get the main studio albums. Or even a live album. 3 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#343091) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 04, 2010

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars From the beginning...

This compilation was my first exposure to ELP. As a young, aspiring progger, I went for the greatest hits of the "greats," scrambling for Yes box sets, Genesis collections, Frank Zappa greatest hits, and this ELP "best of" album. As an exposure, I fell in love. From the gentle melodies of "From the Beginning" (an ELP favorite of mine to this day), the sweeping grandeur of "Trilogy," or the massive perfection of "Tarkus" (which I originally thought was a Jordan Rudess composition when he released his Road Home album, silly me), this entire album is a truly great display of this band's greatest accomplishments. Comprised of both classic and modern tracks, it's a nice eclectic blend of their styles, with Black Moon switching up the track listing a bit. Overall, this is a very good compilation, but I believe it is better to own the studio albums, which have a broader collection of songs.

However, this album is certainly a fantastic introduction to the classic and essential classic prog trio. Although not essential, it is a good compilation. 3+ stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#449243) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4 stars Emerson, Lake, and Palmer is one of those bands that it is almost impossible to make a "short" collection of hits. Many of there longer, better works just can't be pared down into a singles-type version. (And yet the entire "Tarkus" is here!!! Nice job.). Most of their major, popular short tun ... (read more)

Report this review (#296412) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The best way to acquire "Tarkus", "Ce'st La Vie", the single version of "Fanfare For The Common Man" and "I Believe In Father Christmas". Think of it as part oddites / part greatest-hits / "Tarkus"... ... (read more)

Report this review (#68238) | Posted by Rutgers Joe | Friday, February 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is a very fitting introduction to the work of ELP, featuring hits from all over their careers, and still leaving a taste for more. From The Beginning is a true classic, on which all members shine. "Jerusalem" rises to incredible heights with Lake's voice soaring, supported by a frantic Em ... (read more)

Report this review (#14645) | Posted by | Thursday, April 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars i give 4 stars beacuse somehow someone wanted to feature a song from black moon... but as a first glance to the band it's an outstanding introduction (and a cheap one). Tarkus alone worth the buying of the record, also Jerusalem and Lucky man. Great compilation despite the fact that Greg Lake did it ... (read more)

Report this review (#14644) | Posted by | Sunday, March 21, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer"