THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

1. From The Beginning (4:15)
2.Jerusalem {Parry / Blake, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (2:48)
3. Still... You Turn Me On (2:55)
4. Fanfare For The Common Man (single version) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson} (3:00)
5. Knife Edge (Adapted from Janacek's "Sinfonietta") (5:07)
6. Tarkus (20:42)
a) Eruption {Emerson} (2:43)
b) Stones Of Years (3:44)
c) Iconoclast {Emerson} (1:15)
d) Mass {Emerson / Lake} (3:11)
e) Manticore {Emerson} (1:52)
f) Battlefield {Lake} (3:51)
g) Aquatarkus {Emerson} (3:59)
7. Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 2) (4:46)
8. C'est La Vie (4:19)
9. Hoedown (Taken from Rodeo) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (3:47)
10. Trilogy (8:54)
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues {Meade (Lux) Lewis} (3:12)
12. Black Moon (single version) (4:49)
13. Lucky Man {Lake} (4:41)
14. I Believe In Father Christmas (original single version) (3:31)

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer tabs

- Keith Emerson / keyboards
- Greg Lake / vocals, bass, electric & acoustic guitar
- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion

CD-Victory Music/PolyGram-480036-2

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Music

Emerson, Lake + Palmer / Emerson, Lake + Palmer / 1971 / Cotillion SD-9040 / LP US $4.50 Buy It Now 39m 25s
The Return of the Manticore - Disc 2 Only - Emerson, Lake & Palmer US $3.95 Buy It Now 41m
Emerson Lake & Palmer [CD New] US $8.73 Buy It Now 44m 21s
Emerson Lake & Palmer - An Introduction to EU CD SS ELP US $3.39 Buy It Now 51m 24s
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Callow & Crash & Idle Eyes LP Studio/Live TAKRL 1911 US $19.98 Buy It Now 53m 25s
Live in California 74, Emerson Lake & Palmer, New US $11.50 Buy It Now 1h 7m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER: Works 1 rock DOUBLE SD 2-7000 CANADA US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER-TARKUS-JAPAN DVD AUDIO 2 HQCD DIGIPAK BONUS TRACK M65 US $72.50 Buy It Now 1h 43m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER-WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS TO +2-JAPAN MINI LP 2 HQCD H75 zd US $39.50 Buy It Now 1h 47m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER: Love Beach (rock & pop LP) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Emerson Lake & Palmer All Killer No Filler Promo Best Of CD Sealed New Lucky Man US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Trilogy LP 1972 COTILLION 9903 Gatefold PROG US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer [LP] by Lake & Palmer Emerson (Vinyl, Mar-2005, Earmark) US $10.00 [0 bids]
CANADA 1970s PROG ROCK 45 RPM EMERSON LAKE & PALMER : LUCKY MAN + KNIFE'S EDGE US $29.99 [0 bids]
Pictures At An Exhibition Emerson Lake & Palmer Progressive Rock Island (1971 CD US $1.60 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Emerson Lake Palmer Pictures at an Exhibition MFSL Original Master Vinyl Record US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - LOVE BEACH 2008 SHM REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $27.14 Buy It Now 3h 6m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER LOVE BEACH LP SD 19211 US $2.60 Buy It Now 3h 8m
ELP EMERSON LAKE PALMER Best WEST GERMANY TARGET CD US $23.20 Buy It Now 3h 15m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL ORIGINAL 1993 ISSUE VICTORY US $3.95 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER LIVE IN POLAND ORIGINAL 1997 MANTICORE RECORDS RELEASE US $5.95 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - ALL I WANT IS YOU 7" VINYL US $8.47 Buy It Now 3h 23m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - JERUSALEM 7" VINYL US $11.02 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer 2 Vinyl LP Lot, Brain Salad Surgery & Self-Titled US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus UK 1971 Island Pink Rim Original LP US $8.47 [1 bids]
Emerson, Lake, & Palmer - The Best Of ELP Vinyl LP US $3.95 Buy It Now 3h 57m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Love Beach 1978 Atlantic LP SD 19211 EXC/EXC+ w/insert US $12.38 Buy It Now 4h 17m
2 LP LOT / ELP - Emerson Lake & Palmer Works Vol's 1 & 2 US $22.79 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer "Trilogy" LP Album 1972 US $8.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer " Works" Double Album Record 1977 US $13.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Emerson Lake & Palmer- Welcome Back My Friends- Manticore MC 3-200 Vinyl Mint US $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD UPC 075678151927 US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Brain Salad Surgery 2001 Castle Music UK Cd Bonus Tracks US $3.99 [1 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - SELF TITLED - COTILLION RECORDS LP VG/MINT US $5.00 [0 bids]
Brain Salad Surgery .. Emerson Lake & Palmer .. Castle Music UK US $18.98 Buy It Now 7h 16m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - FANFARE: THE 1997 WORLD TOUR (IMPORT) NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 7h 26m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - BRAIN SALAD SURGERY - EX US $3.95 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer In Concert-1979 LP-SEALED! US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Emerson Lake & Palmer : Works 2 CD (1993) US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 51m
ORIGINAL PRESS KIT Emerson Lake & Palmer Bio 1992 PHOTO US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Powell) -"Live 1986 CD" ELP-Yes-Prog Rock-Music-Great! US $14.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER UK 1971 LP PICTURES AT EXHIBITION US $19.54 Buy It Now 8h 42m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER, Brain Salad Surgery, WITH POSTER US $6.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer ELP "Brain Salad Surgey" Rare U.S. CD Made in Japan US $17.99 [0 bids]
4 Record LP Rock Lot Emerson Lake Palmer Cowsills Heart ZZ Top Afterburner US $14.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer--Best Of -- CD w/9 Trks US $2.99 [0 bids]
1977 LP Record 33 RPM * EMERSON LAKE & PALMER * WORKS * volume 1 alantic record US $4.99 [0 bids]
10h
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER, double CD mp3, 15 albums Rock US $27.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Brain Salad Surgery cassette tape US $2.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends (ARUN) US $7.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Tarkus - Cotillion SD 9900 LP ex cond. (early first press) US $9.00 [0 bids]
VTG Emerson Lake & Palmer 'In Concert' Vinyl Record; 1979 Stereo US $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
VTG Emerson Lake & Palmer 'Welcome Back My Friends...' Vinyl Record; 1974 3Pack US $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
VTG Emerson Lake & Palmer 'Trilogy' Vinyl Record; 1972 Rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Emerson Lake & Palmer: Brain Salad Surgery (1973 Manticore Lp)VG++ US $9.95 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Emerson Lake & Palmer: Works Volume 1 (Beautiful MINT- 2LP) Atlantic SD-2-7000 US $18.95 Buy It Now 11h 18m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER 'Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970' CD US $15.01 Buy It Now 11h 36m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Pictures at an Exhibition JP ELP EL&P LP E2488 US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 34m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ELP WORKS VOLUME 1 & 2 LP LOT US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 51m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Self Titled" Album US $1.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer-Works Volume 2 very good plus US $3.98 [0 bids]
A867 EMERSON LAKE & PALMER / WORKS VOLUMN 1 JAPAN DOUBLE CD 55XD-668~9 OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 13h 42m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP - WORKS Volume 2 LP 12" ISRAEL ISRAELI PRESS PROG US $22.99 Buy It Now 14h 20m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - TARKUS MINI LP JAPAN CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 21m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Love Beach SEALED LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 36m
* EMERSON LAKE PALMER TARKUS / JAPAN MINI LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 51m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Welcome Back My Friends 3xLP Manticore K 63500 A1/F1 US $8.47 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Emerson Lake Palmer / Pictures At An Exhibition 180gm Vinyl LP MOV Brand New US $35.97 Buy It Now 17h 19m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Emerson Lake & Palmer (remastered) - 180 gram vinyl LP US $36.65 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Emerson Lake & Palmer / Emerson Lake & Palmer 180gm Double Vinyl LP MOV New US $41.16 Buy It Now 17h 29m
Emerson Lake & Palmer / Tarkus 180gm Double Vinyl LP MOV Brand New US $41.16 Buy It Now 17h 29m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Trilogy Japan Vinyl LP RARE OBI STRIP P10113A US $30.47 Buy It Now 18h 8m
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 40m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer(Vinyl LP)Love Beach-Atlantic-KSD 19211-Canada-VG+/Ex US $13.56 Buy It Now 18h 50m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer 15 CD BOX SET Manticore Vaults - VOL.1 +2 US $222.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $37.33 Buy It Now 19h 31m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER TRILOGY 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $37.33 Buy It Now 19h 51m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Black Moon JAPAN CD 1992 ELP US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 59m
Emerson Lake & Palmer Brain Salada Surgery '86 JAPAN CD 1st Sticker Obi 32XD-514 US $69.80 Buy It Now 20h 8m
4 stereo 8 track tapes the who & emerson lake & palmer US $4.99 [0 bids]
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER IN THE HOT SEAT JAPAN CD OOP B/T US $16.99 Buy It Now 21h 14m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION MANTICORE LABEL GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $11.80 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Emerson, Lake + Palmer - Works, Vol. 2 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD OBI NEW SEALED F9804 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer(2x12" Vinyl LP Trifold)Works Volume 1-VG/VG US $16.99 Buy It Now 22h
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $37.33 Buy It Now 22h 25m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - Works 2 - Excellent Condition LP Record Atlantic K 50422 US $11.80 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Atlantic Years (CD 1992) US $18.99 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Emerson Lake and Palmer (CD) Original Atlantic Version US $13.99 Buy It Now 22h 45m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (CD 2007) Shout Remaster Digipak US $12.99 Buy It Now 22h 53m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Tarkus MFSL 200 GRAM 1/2 SPEED Sealed LP NUMBERED LIMITED US $297.49 Buy It Now 22h 55m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Live At The Royal Albert Hall (CD 1993) Victory Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 59m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER TARKUS 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $42.42 Buy It Now 23h 8m
Vinyl LP Prog Records Genesis,Electric Light Orchestra,Emerson Lake Palmer US $6.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Live In Poland (CD 2002) Castle/Sanctuary Records US $15.99 Buy It Now 23h 25m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (STEVE WILSON MIX) 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $42.42 Buy It Now 23h 29m
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Best of the Bootlegs (2 CD 2004) NEW Sanctuary Records US $18.99 Buy It Now 23h 35m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP Welcome Back My Friends...triple live LP EX vinyl !!! US $8.95 Buy It Now 23h 37m
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ELP "Black Moon" RARE vinyl LP U.K. import 1992 NM!!! US $159.95 Buy It Now 23h 39m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP Works double LP vinyl is NM! US $7.95 Buy It Now 23h 40m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER ELP self titled debut LP RARE Spain import vinyl is NM! US $19.95 Buy It Now 23h 40m

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I know this will make no sense to most of you, but I'll go ahead and admit it: I've whittled down my ELP collection to this compilation and the first album. I've been collecting progressive rock albums since the genre debuted in the late sixties, I sat in the front row for the Tarkus tour, and I now have hundreds and hundreds of progressive rock vinyl albums, compact discs, and even cassettes. So why do I feel that I need just those two ELP cd's? Well, as time goes by, I've grown weary of what I call "noodling", meaning endless soloing or showing off. Also, nowadays I like progressive rock that isn't overtly classical. I recently got that 3-cd Nice Immediate label collection, and I just can't get into anything beyond the early psychedelic stuff. No wonder I only own the first Rick Wakeman solo album. It's ironic, since 99 people out of 100 are going to assume that, as a progressive rock fan, I'm going to put ELP at the top of my list. Yeah, they're great, but they're way down on my list...

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#14647) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Review by memowakeman
4 stars ELP - Great Compilation

I cant do a long review of this album, i dont want to bore you and of course, i wont do a review song by song, because this is a compilation, song by song only in studio albums, here i just have to mention them.

I started saying that this is a great compilation, it really is, i dont like so much "The Best" albums, but this is cool, because it has really some of the best ELP´s songs ever created, and it is a cross between all their studio albums .

Chronologically: Knife Edge and the classic Lucky man from their first Self- Titled album, both good songs remid me of the beggin of thi great band. Tarkus, that great epic, from their second album , its so great because it is not a "excerp2 track, it is the complete Tarkus!!, great!. From my favorite album Trilogy, here we can listen to these songs, Trilogy which is awesome, Hoedown and starting this compilation From the Beggining. From Brain Salad surgery here we can find Jerusalem, Still .. you Turn me On and Karn Evil 9 (1st impression part 2). C´est la Vie and fanfare to the Common man from Works 1, Honky Tonk Train Blues from Works 2. Luckily from Love Beach neither song ( crying). From their 1992 release, Black Moon, here we can listen to the self titled song, good song by the way. And the las song of this album was a new song, new release, I Believe in father Christmas.

So after all, if you dont know ELP, this compilation could be great for you, maybe if you are a fan, you obviously prefer studio albums (like me), but this "The best Of" is really good, so i recommend it and i will give it 4 stars.

Over 70 minutes of pure and great ELP sound!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#76484) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2006

Review by richardh
4 stars Amongst the plethora of ELP compilations I would rate this as the best one.If ever a band recyled its back catologue ad nauseum it was ELP.What you need is a single CD with Tarkus and Fanfare For The Common Man(single edit not the long drawn out album version).You need the best Greg Lake songs (From The Beginning,Lucky Man and Still You Turn Me On plus the hit Christmas song).You need the spine tingling 'Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends' refrain that Al Freeman used famously on his rock show in the seventies.You don't need Toccata or Pirates,tracks that I love being an ELP fan but inappropriate for a compilation..so they are not here and that is good! If you want to explore ELP farther then collect all their albums up to Works Volume One.If not then this one does very nicely thankyou!

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#76528) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars This is the best ELP compilation I ever saw or heard. It really includes most of their essential work in a single CD, which I thought it was an impossible task. But here are all their major singles, like the stunning version of Jerusalem (well, does Greg Lake sings!) but not only their most popular songs, it does include some stuff that would not be found in other best of, like the complete Tarkus Suite and the entire 8:35 minute Trilogy title track. All three band members were virtuosos and had a lot to show. This CD does them justice.

Unlike a lot of this kind of albums, it does give a very good overview of one of prog´s most influential and important bands ever. But - let´s face it - they also did a lot of noodling and self indulgent material too. Fortunatly nothing like that is here (although some hints can be found, which is also good to show them how they were really). If you want to have their best work in a single CD, this is the one to buy. Also serves as an excellent introduction to the band if you want to further look into their cathalog. Maybe the only weak spot is the inclusion of the latter day Black Moon. The rest of the stuff is pure gold. I really liked the inclusion of the rare single I Believe In Father Christmas.The overall sound is also crystal clear, one of the best remastering I´ve heard.

I wish all compilations were so well done and respectful to the artists! 4,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#142146) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 04, 2007

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars Before getting this I had never heard a note from this trio. Not even one song on classic rock radio. To this day the only ELP song I have ever heard on the radio is "From The Beginning". I was pleasantly surprised when I first listened to this, mainly for the album version of "Tarkus" which blew me away. While it's nice to have the album version of that song, we also get edited versions of "Karn Evil 9" and "Fanfare For The Common Man". Even the comeback single "Black Moon" is an edit. The Christmas song "I Believe In Father Christmas" is included here also.

Another bonus here is an unedited "Trilogy". "C'est La Vie" and "Honky Tonk Train Blues" seem out of place and are hardly amongst the trio's best songs. It's good to have "Knife Edge" here as well. I found out later that the albums were the way to go. But still, it would have been nice to have "The Barbarian" and "Endless Enigma" here. The three ballad's "Lucky Man", "From The Beginning" and "Still...You Turn Me On" seem to be on every ELP compilation.

A good introduction to ELP. The tracklist is similar to any compilation which has the album version of "Tarkus" on it. But with most prog acts, it's better to get the main studio albums. Or even a live album. 3 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#343091) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 04, 2010

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Admin / Heavy Prog Team
3 stars From the beginning...

This compilation was my first exposure to ELP. As a young, aspiring progger, I went for the greatest hits of the "greats," scrambling for Yes box sets, Genesis collections, Frank Zappa greatest hits, and this ELP "best of" album. As an exposure, I fell in love. From the gentle melodies of "From the Beginning" (an ELP favorite of mine to this day), the sweeping grandeur of "Trilogy," or the massive perfection of "Tarkus" (which I originally thought was a Jordan Rudess composition when he released his Road Home album, silly me), this entire album is a truly great display of this band's greatest accomplishments. Comprised of both classic and modern tracks, it's a nice eclectic blend of their styles, with Black Moon switching up the track listing a bit. Overall, this is a very good compilation, but I believe it is better to own the studio albums, which have a broader collection of songs.

However, this album is certainly a fantastic introduction to the classic and essential classic prog trio. Although not essential, it is a good compilation. 3+ stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#449243) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4 stars Emerson, Lake, and Palmer is one of those bands that it is almost impossible to make a "short" collection of hits. Many of there longer, better works just can't be pared down into a singles-type version. (And yet the entire "Tarkus" is here!!! Nice job.). Most of their major, popular short tun ... (read more)

Report this review (#296412) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The best way to acquire "Tarkus", "Ce'st La Vie", the single version of "Fanfare For The Common Man" and "I Believe In Father Christmas". Think of it as part oddites / part greatest-hits / "Tarkus"... ... (read more)

Report this review (#68238) | Posted by Rutgers Joe | Friday, February 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is a very fitting introduction to the work of ELP, featuring hits from all over their careers, and still leaving a taste for more. From The Beginning is a true classic, on which all members shine. "Jerusalem" rises to incredible heights with Lake's voice soaring, supported by a frantic Em ... (read more)

Report this review (#14645) | Posted by | Thursday, April 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars i give 4 stars beacuse somehow someone wanted to feature a song from black moon... but as a first glance to the band it's an outstanding introduction (and a cheap one). Tarkus alone worth the buying of the record, also Jerusalem and Lucky man. Great compilation despite the fact that Greg Lake did it ... (read more)

Report this review (#14644) | Posted by | Sunday, March 21, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer"