THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer album cover

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1994

1. From The Beginning (4:15)
2.Jerusalem {Parry / Blake, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (2:48)
3. Still... You Turn Me On (2:55)
4. Fanfare For The Common Man (single version) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson} (3:00)
5. Knife Edge (Adapted from Janacek's "Sinfonietta") (5:07)
6. Tarkus (20:42)
a) Eruption {Emerson} (2:43)
b) Stones Of Years (3:44)
c) Iconoclast {Emerson} (1:15)
d) Mass {Emerson / Lake} (3:11)
e) Manticore {Emerson} (1:52)
f) Battlefield {Lake} (3:51)
g) Aquatarkus {Emerson} (3:59)
7. Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 2) (4:46)
8. C'est La Vie (4:19)
9. Hoedown (Taken from Rodeo) {Aaron Copland, arranged by Emerson / Lake / Palmer} (3:47)
10. Trilogy (8:54)
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues {Meade (Lux) Lewis} (3:12)
12. Black Moon (single version) (4:49)
13. Lucky Man {Lake} (4:41)
14. I Believe In Father Christmas (original single version) (3:31)

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer lyrics

Search EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer tabs

- Keith Emerson / keyboards
- Greg Lake / vocals, bass, electric & acoustic guitar
- Carl Palmer / drums, percussion

CD-Victory Music/PolyGram-480036-2

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Music

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - THE BEST OF (UK CASSETTE/TAPE) ATLANTIC LABEL USD $4.33 Buy It Now 1h 45m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - COME & SEE THE SHOW: BEST OF EMERSON LAKE PALMER NEW CD USD $13.86 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare [The Best of Live] (CD 2003) USD $3.61 [0 bids]
The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer UK EXCELLENT COND LP USD $9.84 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare (The Best of Live/Live Recording, 2003) USD $4.35 Buy It Now 6h 52m
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BEST OF Atlantic k 50757 USD $12.31 Buy It Now 9h 22m
ROCK 4 CD Lot: PINK FLOYD, Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer, Mixed Artists Hits USD $10.99 Buy It Now 10h
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Best of [Essential!] (1995) USD $2.19 [1 bids]
Emerson Lake Palmer The Best of - And & ELP Atlantic - CD Compact Disc USD $3.49 Buy It Now 12h 50m
Emerson Lake Palmer The Very Best of - RHINO and & - CD Compact Disc USD $12.17 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Emerson Lake Palmer The Best Of - & - CD Compact Disc USD $3.49 Buy It Now 13h
The Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer Cassette Tapes USD $5.95 Buy It Now 14h 17m
COME AND SEE THE SHOW: THE BEST OF EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER [826663108361] NEW CD USD $17.32 Buy It Now 14h 26m
Come and See the Show: The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Emerson, Lake &... USD $7.01 Buy It Now 14h 53m
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Rhino] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD, BMG) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 15h 51m
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER works volume 1 (best of) uk atlantic 1977 DOUBLE LP EX USD $20.38 Buy It Now 18h
EMERSON,LAKE & PALMER Best Of 1980 UK Poster size Press ADVERT 16x12" USD $14.41 Buy It Now 22h 53m
ELP - The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer KOREA LP Blue cvr USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Atlantic Years 2-CD 19-Track Best Of 1971-78 USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] , Canadian cd USD $2.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Emerson,Lake & Palmer ORIG OZ LP Best of NM 1980 Prog Rock Atlantic SD19283 USD $10.58 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer 12" LP 1980 Atlantic Records SD 19283 USD $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
- The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer EL&P CD JAPAN 18P2-2734 OBI USD $62.95 Buy It Now 1 day
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best of LP Keith Greg Carl ELP Lucky Man Karn Evil 9 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Come and See the Show: The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Emerson, Lake &... USD $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer - Best Of CD - As New USD $3.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Very Best of, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Good Original recording remastered USD $13.32 Buy It Now 2 days
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ELP 2 Cassette Tapes LOT COLLECTION Works & The Best Of USD $7.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Very Best of USD $3.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Best of CD 1980 19283-2 ATLANTIC USD $8.27 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer Cassette USD $2.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Best Of - VG++ / EX Vinyl LP USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD 1980 Altantic) NM USD $10.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Tarkus-the Best of - Emerson Lake & Palmer New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipp USD $70.82 Buy It Now 2 days
The best of Emerson lake and palmer record / lp USD $1.43 [0 bids]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer-The Best Of-CD-Great Album For The True Fan !! USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare The Best of Live/Live Recording.cd as new USD $8.69 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER LP ATLANTIC 1980 SD19283 GOOD SHAPE USD $4.00 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer LP - The Best Of (Original Inner Cover) USD $4.35 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER Best Of LP 9 Track MEXICAN Atlantic 1980 USD $15.21 Buy It Now 3 days
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER Best Of LP 9 Track Small Sticker Tear And Seam Split On USD $6.79 Buy It Now 3 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Essential 2CD Best Of NEW USD $9.17 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best Of EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER - Cassette - Very Good Cond USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake & Palmer Best Of Atlantic SD-19283 Stereo Vinyl Record Album LP USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
the BEST of EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER ~WEST GERMAN IMPORT~ TARGET CD RARE ~ MINT USD $49.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "The Best Of" rare PROMO LP from 1980 (Atlantic SD 19283). USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of 12" Vinyl LP Atlantic ~e USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
EMERSON LAKE PALMER Best Of LP Vinyl VG+ Cover VG 1980 SD 19283 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $8.49 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER / AUDIO CASSETTE USD $4.27 Buy It Now 6 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer: The Best Of Cassette VG++ Canada Atlantic XCS-19283 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 6 days
EL&P THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER (1980) JAPAN CD 32XD-397 USD $33.99 Buy It Now 6 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER - The Best Of (1 CD) [Palm Beach] USD $7.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Emerson Lake and Palmer Best Of USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer-The Best Of-Atlantic 19283-SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER-THE BEST OF- Rare 1994 edition Columbia Record Club nice USD $5.33 Buy It Now 8 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best of.. vinyl LP NM 1980 in shrink USD $9.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Best of Emerson Lake and Palmer ELP Vinyl Record Album LP with Sleeve Nice USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VINYL LP Emerson Lake And Palmer - The Best Of Atlantic USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Ultimate Collection / Best Of / Greatest Hits (2CD) NEW USD $28.94 Buy It Now 9 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER BEST OF SIS GERMAN ISSUE NM- HEAR IT USD $9.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Emerson, Lake + Palmer / The Best of / 1980 / Atlantic SD-19283 / Inner Sleeve USD $3.75 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD,... USD $7.77 Buy It Now 9 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER CD..."BEST OF" Used USA Copy USD $7.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer Vinyl LP USD $3.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer 1980 - Atlantic Records -Vinyl LP Exc. Cond. USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER cassette tape album grey housing THE BEST OF USD $7.08 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD,... USD $3.68 Buy It Now 10 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer elp Works, Vol.1 very best of 2 cd fanfare common man ex USD $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
EMERSON, LAKE, & PALMER - Classic Rock / Best of CD (CD, 1994, Rebound Records) USD $6.57 Buy It Now 10 days
EMERSON, LAKE, and PALMER The Best Of (Cassette, 1980, Atlantic Records) EX Cond USD $6.77 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer ELP - CD - VG - Hard2Find USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Emerson Lake & Palmer: Very Best of Original USD $31.55 Buy It Now 10 days
Emerson, Lake and Palmer 3 LPs Emerson, Lake and Palmer/Tarkus/The Best of  USD $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Best Of EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER 1980 Atlantic LP-SD 19283 w/sleeve USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of (Atlantic 250 757) Target West Germany CD USD $21.71 Buy It Now 11 days
The best of Emerson,Lake and Palmer 1994 Leadclass... #1484 USD $2.66 Buy It Now 12 days
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer "The Best Of" Atlantic SD 19283 EX USD $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER, WEST GERMANY POLYGRAM TARGET CD, 01 MATRIX USD $17.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER, WEST GERMANY POLYGRAM TARGET CD, NO UPC USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best Of record album LP vinyl rock free ship USD $6.95 Buy It Now 12 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Japan 1980 White Label PROMO NM LP+Obi THE BEST OF USD $39.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Essential...Best Of...Greatest Hits (2CD 2011) NEW USD $14.46 Buy It Now 12 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer 2 CD SET.The Atlantic Years..BEST OF GREATEST HITS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Atlantic] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer Cassette USD $3.97 Buy It Now 12 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Best Of The Bootlegs 2 CD SET cdb1499 USD $15.95 Buy It Now 12 days
LP THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER **EXC VINYL** 47 USD $12.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer (CD 1980 Atlantic 19283) USD $8.47 Buy It Now 12 days
The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer [Rhino] by Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD, 1994 USD $11.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Best of... - Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD ZKVG USD $5.37 Buy It Now 13 days
Best Of Emerson Lake & Palmer - LP Vinyl Record Album 1980 Atlantic SD19283 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 13 days
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Best of LP 1980 Columbia House # SD19283 U.S. Pressing USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer The Best of Emerson Lake & Palmer Music Album CD 1980 USA USD $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Emerson Lake and Palmer - the best of - CD Compact Disc USD $3.68 Buy It Now 13 days
Come & See the Show: the Best of Emerson, Lake & Lake Emerson & Palmer CD USD $18.09 Buy It Now 13 days
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER: Best Of LP (djt, promo stamp on cover, inner sleeve) Ro USD $12.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Emerson Lake & Palmer, Best Of Emerson Lake And Palmer (Rhino) Audio CD USD $9.39 Buy It Now 13 days
The Very Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Emerson, Lake & Palmer  Minty CD USD $7.50 Buy It Now 14 days
The best of Emerson Lake & Palmer cassette USD $2.17 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER music online Buy EMERSON LAKE & PALMER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EMERSON LAKE & PALMER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer ratings distribution

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I know this will make no sense to most of you, but I'll go ahead and admit it: I've whittled down my ELP collection to this compilation and the first album. I've been collecting progressive rock albums since the genre debuted in the late sixties, I sat in the front row for the Tarkus tour, and I now have hundreds and hundreds of progressive rock vinyl albums, compact discs, and even cassettes. So why do I feel that I need just those two ELP cd's? Well, as time goes by, I've grown weary of what I call "noodling", meaning endless soloing or showing off. Also, nowadays I like progressive rock that isn't overtly classical. I recently got that 3-cd Nice Immediate label collection, and I just can't get into anything beyond the early psychedelic stuff. No wonder I only own the first Rick Wakeman solo album. It's ironic, since 99 people out of 100 are going to assume that, as a progressive rock fan, I'm going to put ELP at the top of my list. Yeah, they're great, but they're way down on my list...

Review by memowakeman
4 stars ELP - Great Compilation

I cant do a long review of this album, i dont want to bore you and of course, i wont do a review song by song, because this is a compilation, song by song only in studio albums, here i just have to mention them.

I started saying that this is a great compilation, it really is, i dont like so much "The Best" albums, but this is cool, because it has really some of the best ELP´s songs ever created, and it is a cross between all their studio albums .

Chronologically: Knife Edge and the classic Lucky man from their first Self- Titled album, both good songs remid me of the beggin of thi great band. Tarkus, that great epic, from their second album , its so great because it is not a "excerp2 track, it is the complete Tarkus!!, great!. From my favorite album Trilogy, here we can listen to these songs, Trilogy which is awesome, Hoedown and starting this compilation From the Beggining. From Brain Salad surgery here we can find Jerusalem, Still .. you Turn me On and Karn Evil 9 (1st impression part 2). C´est la Vie and fanfare to the Common man from Works 1, Honky Tonk Train Blues from Works 2. Luckily from Love Beach neither song ( crying). From their 1992 release, Black Moon, here we can listen to the self titled song, good song by the way. And the las song of this album was a new song, new release, I Believe in father Christmas.

So after all, if you dont know ELP, this compilation could be great for you, maybe if you are a fan, you obviously prefer studio albums (like me), but this "The best Of" is really good, so i recommend it and i will give it 4 stars.

Over 70 minutes of pure and great ELP sound!

Review by richardh
4 stars Amongst the plethora of ELP compilations I would rate this as the best one.If ever a band recyled its back catologue ad nauseum it was ELP.What you need is a single CD with Tarkus and Fanfare For The Common Man(single edit not the long drawn out album version).You need the best Greg Lake songs (From The Beginning,Lucky Man and Still You Turn Me On plus the hit Christmas song).You need the spine tingling 'Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends' refrain that Al Freeman used famously on his rock show in the seventies.You don't need Toccata or Pirates,tracks that I love being an ELP fan but inappropriate for a compilation..so they are not here and that is good! If you want to explore ELP farther then collect all their albums up to Works Volume One.If not then this one does very nicely thankyou!

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars This is the best ELP compilation I ever saw or heard. It really includes most of their essential work in a single CD, which I thought it was an impossible task. But here are all their major singles, like the stunning version of Jerusalem (well, does Greg Lake sings!) but not only their most popular songs, it does include some stuff that would not be found in other best of, like the complete Tarkus Suite and the entire 8:35 minute Trilogy title track. All three band members were virtuosos and had a lot to show. This CD does them justice.

Unlike a lot of this kind of albums, it does give a very good overview of one of prog´s most influential and important bands ever. But - let´s face it - they also did a lot of noodling and self indulgent material too. Fortunatly nothing like that is here (although some hints can be found, which is also good to show them how they were really). If you want to have their best work in a single CD, this is the one to buy. Also serves as an excellent introduction to the band if you want to further look into their cathalog. Maybe the only weak spot is the inclusion of the latter day Black Moon. The rest of the stuff is pure gold. I really liked the inclusion of the rare single I Believe In Father Christmas.The overall sound is also crystal clear, one of the best remastering I´ve heard.

I wish all compilations were so well done and respectful to the artists! 4,5 stars.

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars Before getting this I had never heard a note from this trio. Not even one song on classic rock radio. To this day the only ELP song I have ever heard on the radio is "From The Beginning". I was pleasantly surprised when I first listened to this, mainly for the album version of "Tarkus" which blew me away. While it's nice to have the album version of that song, we also get edited versions of "Karn Evil 9" and "Fanfare For The Common Man". Even the comeback single "Black Moon" is an edit. The Christmas song "I Believe In Father Christmas" is included here also.

Another bonus here is an unedited "Trilogy". "C'est La Vie" and "Honky Tonk Train Blues" seem out of place and are hardly amongst the trio's best songs. It's good to have "Knife Edge" here as well. I found out later that the albums were the way to go. But still, it would have been nice to have "The Barbarian" and "Endless Enigma" here. The three ballad's "Lucky Man", "From The Beginning" and "Still...You Turn Me On" seem to be on every ELP compilation.

A good introduction to ELP. The tracklist is similar to any compilation which has the album version of "Tarkus" on it. But with most prog acts, it's better to get the main studio albums. Or even a live album. 3 stars.

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars From the beginning...

This compilation was my first exposure to ELP. As a young, aspiring progger, I went for the greatest hits of the "greats," scrambling for Yes box sets, Genesis collections, Frank Zappa greatest hits, and this ELP "best of" album. As an exposure, I fell in love. From the gentle melodies of "From the Beginning" (an ELP favorite of mine to this day), the sweeping grandeur of "Trilogy," or the massive perfection of "Tarkus" (which I originally thought was a Jordan Rudess composition when he released his Road Home album, silly me), this entire album is a truly great display of this band's greatest accomplishments. Comprised of both classic and modern tracks, it's a nice eclectic blend of their styles, with Black Moon switching up the track listing a bit. Overall, this is a very good compilation, but I believe it is better to own the studio albums, which have a broader collection of songs.

However, this album is certainly a fantastic introduction to the classic and essential classic prog trio. Although not essential, it is a good compilation. 3+ stars.

4 stars Emerson, Lake, and Palmer is one of those bands that it is almost impossible to make a "short" collection of hits. Many of there longer, better works just can't be pared down into a singles-type version. (And yet the entire "Tarkus" is here!!! Nice job.). Most of their major, popular short tun ... (read more)

Report this review (#296412) | Posted by mohaveman | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The best way to acquire "Tarkus", "Ce'st La Vie", the single version of "Fanfare For The Common Man" and "I Believe In Father Christmas". Think of it as part oddites / part greatest-hits / "Tarkus"... ... (read more)

Report this review (#68238) | Posted by Rutgers Joe | Friday, February 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is a very fitting introduction to the work of ELP, featuring hits from all over their careers, and still leaving a taste for more. From The Beginning is a true classic, on which all members shine. "Jerusalem" rises to incredible heights with Lake's voice soaring, supported by a frantic Em ... (read more)

Report this review (#14645) | Posted by | Thursday, April 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars i give 4 stars beacuse somehow someone wanted to feature a song from black moon... but as a first glance to the band it's an outstanding introduction (and a cheap one). Tarkus alone worth the buying of the record, also Jerusalem and Lucky man. Great compilation despite the fact that Greg Lake did it ... (read more)

Report this review (#14644) | Posted by | Sunday, March 21, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EMERSON LAKE & PALMER "The Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer"