HOPE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY, LIVE

9. Coming Down
10. Hope to See Another Day

Approximate running time (Main feature) - 73 minutes

Bonus audio:
1. What They Want (Is My Life)
2. Unfaithful

CD (limited swing case edition only):

1. Liar

- Przemas Zawadzki / bass guitar
- Vlodi Tafel / drums
- Satomi Yasutaniya / violin
- Adam Milosz / Keyboards

Label: Metal Mind Records Cat. No.: MMP DVD 0139 / MMP DVD 0139 (DVD+CD)
Release date: 21.07.2008 Europe / 02.09.2008 USA
Recorded Live at Wyspiański Theater, Katowice, November 19th 2007:

Thanks to easy livin for the addition

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE Hope to see another day, Live Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Warmest Sun In WinterThe Warmest Sun In Winter
METAL MIND 2013
Yesterday Is a FriendYesterday Is a Friend
Extra tracks · Limited Edition
Metal Mind 2008
World Is Round (limited)World Is Round (limited)
Limited Edition
METAL MIN2 2011
This Bread Is Mine (Ltd. Digipak)This Bread Is Mine (Ltd. Digipak)
METAL MIN2 2009

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE Hope to see another day, Live ratings distribution

BELIEVE Hope to see another day, Live reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Hope to see another gig

Believe's first DVD takes its title from their 2006 debut album. Although only released in mid-2008, the concert captured here actually took place in November 2007 in the Wyspiański Theater, Katowice, Poland. A lot has happened to the band since then, not least of which was the release of the stunning new album Yesterday is a friend. We must though take a step back in time when watching this DVD, as plans for the new album were still in their early stages in late 2007.

Thus, this concert focuses on the debut album, with every track on Hope to see another day being performed. The gig is rounded out by one track, Memories, from the then forthcoming album plus a reworking of Beggar, a song originally recorded by Mirek Gil's former band Mr. Gil.

While the set only lasts for about 73 minutes, it is an absolute joy to watch and to listen to. The twin guitars of Gil and Tomek Rozcki are complemented by the orchestral keyboards of Adam Milosz. What differentiates the sound most though is the violin work of Satomi, who also graces the stage. Gil says in the accompanying interview that he felt they did not fully exploit the talents of Satomi on the first album, something which is addressed well by this live performance. On songs such as What is love, the interplay between the guitars and the violin is magnificent, classical musician Satomi appearing perfectly at home in the rock environment.

While the music of Believe is inevitably classified as neo-prog, there is so much more to it that it really demands a unique category of its own. There is no doubting the Floydian influences and the continuation of the groundwork laid by Collage, but there is also a contemporary feel to the work of Believe.

The bonus features include a 20 minute interview with Gil and Rozcki conducted in Polish with English subtitles. This was recorded just before the gig, and thus covers the period in the band's development up to that time. Some interesting snippets come out of the interview, especially about Satomi's then status in the band. Also included are audio only studio versions of two tracks from Yesterday is a friend, the current album.

In all, an exemplary performance by the band which transfers well to DVD. Hopefully, a second DVD capturing the latest album will follow.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#178288) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 27, 2008

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars

Incredible, what an amount of good and interesting progrock Poland has delivered in the last decade: Collage, Albion, Quidam, Indukti, Lizard, Satellite, Riverside, Osana Vida and 'non-PA bands' Hipgnosis, Moonrise and Nemezis. Recently we can add another band to this list: Believe, they made a wonderful debut CD entitled Hope To See Another Day in 2006, followed by the excellent album Yesterday Is A Friend (2008) and now we can enjoy a DVD release that contains a concert recorded in 2007. It was the Hope To See Another Day tour, the band played the entire album plus the songs Memories (on the forthcoming CD Yesterday Is A Friend) and Beggar, from the Mr. Gil album Alone, a project by Mirek Gil and released in 1998.

Believe makes pleasant modern progrock that sounds very melodic and harmonic, from dreamy to fluent mid-tempos and bombastic with a solid rhythm-section and tasteful keyboard work (from sparkling piano to lush Hammond organ and even a Keith Emerson oriented synthesizer solo in Coming Down). Singer/guitarplayer Tomek Rozycki delivers a lot of passion in his vocals, the often melancholical undertones remind me of early Bob Dylan. The female violinplayer Satomi Yasutaniya has a very classical style, her solos alternates between intense, swirling and cheerful and the interplay with the other musicans is splendid with a lot of emotion. But guitarplayer Mirek Gil is the focal point in Believe, his sound is very similar to his Rothery inspired work in Collage but he has matured, nowadays his guitarplay contains variety like 'bending', 'slide' and the use of the tremolo-arm, resulting in many compelling solos, from fiery to howling and the duo-guitarwork in Memories is beautiful. On this DVD you can enjoy an inspired band, an enthousiastic crowd (especially during the band presentation in the excellent track Coming Down), a good sound, varied camerawork, a beautiful lightshow and, last but not least, very good renditions of the Hope To See Another Day material (my favorites are Seven Days and the titletrack, what a great atmosphere).

I am absolutely delighted about this band, check out their new album Yester Day Is A Friend and this excellent new DVD, highly recommended!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#180790) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 25, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Wow! Beautiful show! Great perfomance! Man, was I lucky to have a friend who showed me this DVD, because I was not very enthusiastic to see Believe on a concert recorded after their first album. I have that CD but I was not very impressed: Mirek Gil's guitar parts were fine as ever, the man is really one of Polland's most influential and original players. But I did not like the vocals (too grungy for my taste) and I thought the violin could be more poeminent. Thankfully, those aspects were taken in consideration by the band, and the songs reveal their real potential during the course of the show: Tomek Rozycki is singing much better, with a more natural voice that works very well and Satomi's violin is very upfront. The result: something good becomes very good, bordering the excellence. And then, of course, you have Gil's beautiful, soulful, magic solos, in the best Hackett/Latimer/Gilmour tradition! No doubt he was responsible for much of the legendary Collage's famed sound.

Ok, the band does not move much, Tomek rarely talks to the audience, there are few props on the stage, but with such good musicians, tasteful arrangements and fine songwriting, you don't need nothing like that. I watched the video mesmerized by the music. Labeled as neo prog on PA, Belive has a sound of their own, hard to compare to anything. It's progressive, with strong symphonic leanings, and some neo, jazz, classical and hard rock influences. The sound was expertly recorded, everything is very well balanced and mixed. The lightining is superb and the acoustics are excellent. One of the best recorded concerts I've have seen lately.

The only down side is the short time (only 73 inutes). But what you buy is well worth every penny invested. If you know this band this is a must have., If you don't, then this is a good starting point to do so. This band has something special and I'm looking forward to hear their future works. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184646) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 03, 2008

2 stars well. My first approach to Believe. Band created by Satellite,s guitarist. In my oppinion nowadays is often that bands created by a particular musician of other consagrated bands try to plasmate their original creations. What I heard I didn,t like at all. I love neo prog bands with ... (read more)

Report this review (#209411) | Posted by robbob | Tuesday, March 31, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "Hope to see another day, Live"