BORDERLINE

Mirage

Mirage borderline album cover

Buy MIRAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Ordinary Madness (9:58)
2. Nothing Stops Me (12:41)
3. Compulsion (11:27)
4. Heads Up (10:23)
5. When I Play (Part 1) (1:12)
6. I Saw You (6:17)
7. The Girl With the Sun in Her Hair (2:07)
8. Blue Pill (4:36)
9. When I Play (Part 2) (8:05)

Search MIRAGE borderline lyrics

- Phillipe Duplessy / keyboards backing vocals kazoo
- Agnes Forner / flute backing vocals

Musea, 2008

Thanks to Uncle Spooky for the addition

MIRAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MIRAGE borderline Music

VisionsVisions
CD Baby 2006
Classic Guitar MoodsClassic Guitar Moods
Polyg 1995
Tomorrow Never Knows: Singles and Lost Sessions, 1966-1968Tomorrow Never Knows: Singles and Lost Sessions, 1966-1968
Rpm Records UK 2006
Audio CD$50.00 (used)
Sharam Jey Pres. Mirage - You Know (I Like It) #76750 US $5.11 Buy It Now 37m 51s
45rpm~MIRAGE,The~Mystery Lady/Chicago Cottage ?Vinyl 7" Record?21,006 Page 1?EXC US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - JUST A MIRAGE - JELLYBEAN - JEL3 US $11.95 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Mirage(7" Vinyl P/S)Jack Mix II-Debut-DEBT 3022-UK-VG+/VG+ US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 25m
FLEETWOOD MAC_Mirage_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $11.26 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Mirage US $11.41 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Saariaho - Notes On Light; Orion; Mirage (Karita Mattila / Anssi Karttunen / Or. US $21.29 Buy It Now 8h 14m
MIRAGE jack mix DEBTX 3015 uk debut 12" PS EX/EX US $15.31 Buy It Now 8h 15m
MOCK TURTLES lay me down 12" PS EX/EX imaginary records MIRAGE 017 US $15.37 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Bright Sheng: The Blazing Mirage; The Song and Dance of Tears; Colors of... US $10.79 Buy It Now 8h 32m
TOMMY JAMES + SHONDELLS mirage 7" WS EX/ usa re-issue US $11.95 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Solstice-Mirage & Express on 1 cd Canadian prog cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 8h 51m
BAND OF HORSES - MIRAGE ROCK [887254690528] - NEW CD US $11.24 Buy It Now 9h 7m
ARCANA COELESTIA Le Mirage De L'Ideal CD occult funeral doom Urna Locus Mortis US $11.98 Buy It Now 9h 8m
SCOTCH mirage - amor por victoria 7" VG+ ZYX REC 1225 Vinyl 1986 Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 10m
Mirage US $11.68 Buy It Now 9h 27m
Mirage Rock US $13.80 Buy It Now 9h 51m
Mirage Rock US $24.75 Buy It Now 9h 51m
GARY MOORE Victims Of The Future VINYL LP Mirage 1983 ~a US $7.96 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Soul Funk Promo 45 SHANNON It's You on Mirage (promo) US $6.00 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Soul Funk Promo 45 TAKA BOOM Climate For Love on Mirage (promo) US $6.00 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Soul Funk Promo NM! 45 PAMALA STANLEY Coming Out Of Hiding on Mirage (promo) US $6.00 Buy It Now 10h 54m
BAND OF HORSES MIRAGE ROCK VINYL LP Gatefold Ed (2012) New US $37.61 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Steve Quinzi - Mirage (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Richie Havens-Mirage-LP-A&M-SP 4641-OG Sleeve-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 19m
1983 Promo 12" Charlie - It's Inevitable Mirage DMD 646 Jellybean Benitez US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 32m
MIRAGE - Jack Mix 88 - Excellent Condition LP Record Stylus SMR 746 US $13.66 Buy It Now 11h 33m
FLEETWOOD MAC MIRAGE CASSETTE US $5.13 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Taka Boom-Middle Of The Night-12" Single-Mirage-Promo US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Storm Troopers - The Mirage EP - Penny Black #58106 US $5.11 Buy It Now 11h 58m
MIRAGE serious mix 7" PS EX/EX US $11.95 Buy It Now 12h 35m
Rhythm of my Heart /The ROD STEWART Story vol 1 GARY TESCA ORCHESTRA (CD Mirage) US $13.95 Buy It Now 12h 41m
FLEETWOOD MAC Mirage LP Vinyl Record Album 33rpm German Warner Bros. 1982 EX US $15.37 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Yellow Jackets "Mirage A Trois" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 13h
The System - Rhythm And Romance - Mirage - 1989 #415221 US $6.82 Buy It Now 13h 25m
John Foulds - Mirage: Three Mantras CD US $7.50 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Helen Schneider-W/ The Kick-Smuggled Out A-Live-LP-Mirage-90083 1-VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 44m
MIRAGE - MADONNA MEDLEY lucky star holiday virgin material groove DEBUT RECORDS US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
CAMEL mirage Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $45.00 [1 bids]
Mirage - Jackmix 3 - Debut - 1985 #153306 US $6.82 Buy It Now 14h 26m
Mirage - House Attack - Debut - 1989 #237889 US $6.82 Buy It Now 14h 26m
Mirage - Jackmix Iv - Debut - 1988 #309589 US $6.82 Buy It Now 14h 26m
SHANNON-URGENT-12" SINGLE-1985 MIRAGE-DMD 890-PROMO US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 33m
Richie Havens JAZZ SOUL LP Mirage 1977 USA ISSUE US $11.98 Buy It Now 14h 36m
2000 HANDS Orphx-WINTERKALTE-AH CAMA SOTZ-Proyecto Mirage 5Vinyl BOX LIMITED US $12.90 [0 bids]
MIRAGE TELL ME 12" URBAN STREET SYNTH BOOGIE US $5.40 Buy It Now 14h 36m
1985 Electro Pop Promo 12" Taka Boom - Middle Of The Night on Mirage DMD 863 US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Mirage - Jack Mix 88 - The Best Of Mirage #422638 US $6.82 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Mirage - Jack Mix In Full Effect - Stylus Music #422637 US $6.82 Buy It Now 15h 4m
MIRAGE: Let's Stop Running / Keep Feeding The Flame (soul vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 15h 29m
MIRAGE A TROIS * THE YELLOW JACKETS US $3.00 Buy It Now 15h 37m
FLEETWOOD MAC - MIRAGE - CD - NEW US $15.82 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Chris Soul & Rob Mirage - Twisting My Brain G2 #138584 US $6.82 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Mirage - Under The Sun - Blender - 2002 #75498 US $6.82 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Shannon - Stop The Noise - Mirage - 1985 #247318 US $6.82 Buy It Now 15h 52m
FLEETWOOD MAC "MIRAGE" MUSIC CASSETTE TAPE ROCK EX! US $3.69 Buy It Now 16h 38m
The Prophets - Space Cafe / Mirage - 2001 #62940 US $5.11 Buy It Now 16h 40m
Jellybean - Just A Mirage - Chrysalis - 1988 #184799 US $5.11 Buy It Now 16h 41m
Van Buuren,Armin - Mirage-The Remixes [CD New] US $30.99 Buy It Now 16h 52m
Yertari - Mirage - Yertari - 2005 #155193 US $6.82 Buy It Now 17h 4m
The System - You Are In My System 12" Mirage Records Promo US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Mirage - Latino House - Debut - 1990 #233017 US $5.11 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Mirage - Jack Mix - Debut - 1987 #416949 US $5.11 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Mirage - Jackmix 2 - Debut - 1984 #141636 US $5.11 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Mirage - Serious Mix Ii - Debut - 1987 #307688 US $5.11 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Mirage - Serious Mix - Debut - 1987 #417203 US $5.11 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Mirage Time To Win demo Cassette (Greece) US $16.00 Buy It Now 18h
FLEETWOOD MAC-MIRAGE-1982 WARNER BROTHERS 23607--GYPSY-- US $2.00 [0 bids]
Jellybean 1987 CD Just Visiting This Planet Adele Bertei Just a Mirage Benitez US $13.99 Buy It Now 18h 34m
SAND PASSAGES: A MUSICAL MIRAGE - NORTHSTAR MUSICIANS 2-CDS (DIRECT SOURCE) 141 US $3.25 Buy It Now 18h 37m
CHIC - Soup For One - DISCO FUNK SOUL 45 - Mirage Promo US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 43m
Jean-Luc Ponty LE VOYAGE ANTHOLOGY 2 CD SET ~ Exc. USED Cond. AURORA MIRAGE ++++ US $19.90 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Flash Brothers - Mirage - Whoop - 2005 #153886 US $6.82 Buy It Now 19h 14m
Moogroove - Mirage - SAW - 2001 #66291 US $6.82 Buy It Now 19h 51m
MIRAGE Jack Mix III / Move On Out 12" Single VG++ UK PRESS US $1.99 Buy It Now 20h
Sorma - Mirage of the East CD NEW! Includes 3 incense sticks US $9.95 [0 bids]
Gary Moore - Corridors Of Power LP 1982 Mirage Records 90077-1 US $9.95 Buy It Now 20h 30m
JAMES INGRAM Smoothin Groovin 12" Mirage DMD 642 (1983) VG+ promo US $6.59 Buy It Now 21h
Disco 45 Kano - Don't Try To Stop me PROMO Emergency / Mirage NM 1981 US $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 4m
BAND OF HORSES-MIRAGE ROCK-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F23 US $28.50 Buy It Now 21h 11m
Disco 45 Kano - Can't Hold Back (Your Loving) Emergency / Mirage NM 1981 US $5.00 Buy It Now 21h 41m
NEW - Mirage by Lunedi US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 34m
Camel Mirage Japan US $69.99 Buy It Now 23h 22m
GODS OF BLITZ REPORTING A MIRAGE *** CD NEW *** US $14.06 Buy It Now 1 day
MIRAGE featuring Roy Gayle, GIVE ME THE NIGHT (Medley)-UK PASSION 7" PS US $2.72 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC mirage US $14.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Armin Van Buuren - Mirage (2010) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.87 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUTHSIDE JOHNNY & THE JUKES In The Heat MIRAGE Stereo SAMPLE US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: Elizabeth Brown: Mirage - E. Brown - Sealed US $28.61 Buy It Now 1 day
MIRAGE JACK MIX 88 THE BEST OF MIRAGE LP SMR 746 US $15.37 Buy It Now 1 day
MIRAGE JACK MIX II 12" PS US $15.37 Buy It Now 1 day
T.S. Monk - Candidate For Love / Can't Keep My Hands To Myself (Mirage DMD 258) US $9.99 [0 bids]
LP~RICHIE HAVENS~MIRAGE~1977~A&M RECORDS~WHITE PROMO US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ingram 12" Single When You're Hot Mirage Records 1984 PROMO COPY #DMD737 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A MIRAGE "MYSTIC EYES" EURODANCE VERY RARE CDS HANS DIENNER SPAIN REMIXES US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Fleetwood Mac Mirage cassette Warner Brothers US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Chemistry Set(12" Vinyl P/S)The Candle Burns-Bank Vault-MIRAGE 030-UK-VG+/VG US $20.92 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUTHSIDE JOHNNY-GET YOUR BODY ON THE JOB-MIRAGE-PROMO US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIRAGE "Jack Mix VII" UK 7" 45 Record - Debut DBT 3042 - NM/EX US $2.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Fleetwood Mac "Mirage" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MIRAGE music online Buy MIRAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MIRAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MIRAGE borderline ratings distribution

MIRAGE borderline reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars A nice surprise by this French outfit, releasing a strong album with this third effort.

There's a distinct 70's flavour to this album, although personally I have a hard time placing exact influences in this case. Some parts sound like Kansas or Rush, traces of Camel and Genesis appear as well; and even some Jethro Tull flavoured moments. But the final product here doesn't really sound like any of these acts; and I would guess their main influences may be artists so far unknown to me.

The nine compositions on this creation are all parts of a whole - one song divided into 9 parts. So basically we're talking about a tune lasting for more than one hour. The band specialize in the mix of electric and acoustic guitars, with electric piano, organ and the occasional flute adding some spice to the mix. Another key asset is changes in pace, sound and style - where the band creates effective, free flowing structures where one change has a natural flow into the next; utilizing breaks more as a dramatic effect.

A strong effort, which should appeal to many fans of 70's prog rock in general.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#191959) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 05, 2008

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars With "Borderline", Mirage has completed the transition from Camel clone band to their own style, albeit remaining faithful to their original inspiration as well as a host of other artists from that era. In casting a broader brush, in general they have chosen the harder rock approach than on "Tales from the Green Sofa", especially in the rhythm guitars, but they remain committed to the varied approach even in the heaviest songs.

The first four tracks are all lengthy indulgences with plenty of tasty guitars in bluesy and jazzy tones, interspersed vocals, strong melodies, and skillful shifts from quiet to raucous and back. In general, track N is heavier than track N-1. Like the previous album, it takes numerous listens to sink in, which I am only too glad to indulge. Unlike the previous album, I am not entirely happy with the production, which seems oddly compressed and lacks the openness of "Tales.. "Also the vocals seem a bit colder, which may relate to the production. These factors may help influence my assessment that the songs are just a little less appealing than I had come to expect.

With the brief "When I Play Part 1" the album shifts into a relatively mellower mood, with songs generally running shorter. At 6:19, you would expect "I Saw You" to have sufficient time to develop, but it seems half baked by comparison to what came before, perhaps because the band enjoys slow buildups which necessitate proper allotment. In fact, "The Girl with the Sun in Her Hair" and "Blue Pill" both show greater progression, especially in the song structures themselves and the creative vocal melodies. even though they are much shorter. They make me think of "Breathless" era Camel a bit, and hence the Canterbury style. "When I Play Part 2" develops the original motif and includes some excellent organ work and another aggressive guitar solo before closing out with 2 minutes of bird sounds.

I had been so anticipating this release, and it does have many merits, not the least of which is the boldness of the band, but ultimately "Borderline" has me sitting on the fence a bit more than I would like.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#192223) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 07, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars One thing you canīt really accuse french band Mirage of is sameness. Their so far 3 albums are quite different from each other, their sound always evolving somehow. And. alas, that does not exactly mean for the better. While Songs From The Green Sofa is a tremendous improvement over their debut, this new offer from this very interesting group somehow failed to excite me as much. It is like they want to have their own sound, whatever it takes. But I really enjoyed more their early Camel-like approach of the first two discs.

Donīt get me wrong, Borderline does have very good moments. The group is not totally removed from their past, but the new songs are leaning much more towards average jazz rock/fusion than to the symphonic/neo/jazzy mixture they were so good at. The music is a lot less melodic and takes much more time to really sink in. After repeated lsitenings I can say I liked most of what I heard, and yet it does not have real memorable tunes, if you know what I mean. I donīt have the same willingness to push the repeat button like I had when I hear A Strange Place and Songs From The Green Sofa. I canīt point my finger at what is wrong (Production? Songwriting? Arrangements?), but the guitars are heavier. the new material is less interesting, the vocals are duller and the general feeling is that the band is going to be one of those "all skills and no heart" type of jazz rock records I really donīt like.

Of all the tracks here I guess the Pink Floyd-ish Nothing Stops Me is a highlight.

Conclusion: A good, if not outstanding, CD. A bit of a letdown considering their previous works. Still. a 3 star affair. Barely.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#337971) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 29, 2010

Post a review of MIRAGE "borderline"