SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME

Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come album cover

Buy MILES DAVIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1961

Original LP track list:
1. Someday My Prince Will Come (9:06)
2. Old Folks (5:17)
3. Pfrancing (8:33)
4. Drad Dog (4:51)
5. Teo (9:35)
6. I Thought About You (4:55)

Bonuses (CD):
7. Blues No. 2 (7:08)
8. Someday My Prince Will Come (Alternate Take) (5:34)

Search MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come lyrics

Search MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come tabs

- Miles Davis / trumpet
- Wynton Kelly / piano
- Paul Chambers / double bass
- Jimmy Cobb / drums (1-6, 8)
- Philly Jo Jones / drums (7)
- Hank Mobley / tenor saxophone (1-4, 6-8)
- John Coltrane / tenor saxophone (1, 5)

LP: 1961 Columbia CS-8456 , Columbia CL 1656

2002 CD Sony 4544
z CD Sony/BMG Japan 10085
2008 CD SBME 726700
1999 CD Columbia/Legacy 65919

CD reissue includes two bonus tracks.

Thanks to zafreth for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

MILES DAVIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come Music

Original recording
Columbia
Vinyl$12.00 (used)
Sony 2000
Davis, Miles Someday My Prince Will Come Mainstream JazzDavis, Miles Someday My Prince Will Come Mainstream Jazz
Records
1990 Music CD Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come US $9.99 [0 bids]
Miles Davis / Coltrane / Mobley - Someday My Prince Will Come *Fontana TFL 5172* US $21.17 [2 bids]
4h
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME CBS/SONY 18AP 2058 Japan Vinyl LP US $8.50 [6 bids]
MILES DAVIS**SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (MONO/RSD 2013)**VINYL US $16.50 Buy It Now 5h 46m
MILES DAVIS RARE CD SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME 99P START NEW US $1.55 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME COLOMBIA MONO SEALED JOHN COLTRANE US $14.95 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS someday my prince will come 6-EYE STEREO JAZZ LP John Coltrane US $49.00 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS-SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME-WYNTON KELLY-LP-VINYL-6 EYE-CS 8456- US $9.99 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME - 180 GRAM (WAXTIME) LP NEW US $23.50 Buy It Now 21h 25m
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come LP 6 Track Rsd 2013 Reissue On 180 Gram US $37.61 Buy It Now 1 day
MILES DAVIS SEXTET SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME LP EAR 6-EYE COLUMBIA VG CL 1656 US $16.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MILES DAVIS - Someday My Prince Will Come -CD Album *Remastered**2 Bonus Tracks* US $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP MFSL Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come MFSL Factory Sealed New US $249.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MILES DAVIS Some Day My Prince Will Come CD NEW US $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MILES DAVIS/MILES DA - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES - NEW CD US $5.45 Buy It Now 1 day
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (EJC RECORDS) CD NEW US $14.40 Buy It Now 1 day
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come LP audiophile MFSL Japan SEALED! US $99.99 [0 bids]
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come 180G Vinyl Record LP US $25.49 Buy It Now 1 day
1977 JAZZ VINYL LP-MILES DAVIS "SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME" (COLUMBIA PC 8456) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME - 2 EYE 360 SOUND - MONO-COLTRANE US $9.99 [0 bids]
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come CD NEW SEALED 1999 Remastered Coltrane US $4.99 [0 bids]
Columbia cd Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LP, MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME - CBS UK ORIGINAL - NEAR MINT LP US $133.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come Lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come 180g MONO VINYL LP NEW/SEALED US $20.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MILES DAVIS-SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME +2-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $20.50 Buy It Now 4 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come Japan LP w/obi, VG+/EX+, Coltrane/Mobley US $20.38 Buy It Now 5 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come - (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $32.12 Buy It Now 6 days
Miles Davis Sextet-Someday My Prince Will Come-Columbia 1656-6-EYE MONO US $69.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come LP 180g MONO Re #1277 SEALED! US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Miles Davis, Someday My Prince Will Come. 180 Gram 45rpm Sealed Vinyl 2LP Set. US $79.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Remastered] by Miles Davis (CD 1988 Columbia) US $4.00 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come (LP) (Record Store Day Edition) US $29.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET Someday My Prince Will Come COLUMBIA PC8456 US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LP l MFSL l Miles Davis l Someday My Prince Will Come l MFSL Factory Sealed US $348.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (180GM) NEW VINYL US $28.16 Buy It Now 7 days
Miles Davis Sextet - Someday My Prince Will Come LP NEW 180 Gram RTI Pressing US $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come LIMITED EDITION 180G VINYL LP US $36.04 Buy It Now 8 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Miles Davis CD CK65919 US $7.95 [0 bids]
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come Columbia Record 1990 Jazz Cd US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MILES DAVIS - Someday My Prince Will Come ~ CBS 1656 {6 eye orig} w/Mobley RARE US $57.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come 1957 Columbia 1970's Ed. US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come - Super Audio CD SACD Hybrid US $27.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MILES DAVIS LP, Someday My Prince Will Come (COLUMBIA US Issue NM/NM) US $39.04 Buy It Now 9 days
MILES DAVIS LP, Someday My Prince Will Come (COLUMBIA US Issue NM/NM) US $17.09 Buy It Now 9 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come LP COLUMBIA CL 1656 DG MONO Hank Mobley US $44.24 Buy It Now 9 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come US $50.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come (NEW CD) US $9.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MILES DAVIS/MILES DA - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES - NEW CD US $14.39 Buy It Now 10 days
Miles Davis Sextet Someday My Prince Will Come 180g LP, NM Vinyl CL1656 Numbered US $45.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME 180GM LP VINYL RECORD NEW US $38.99 Buy It Now 10 days
CD MILES DAVIS SEXTET SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME OLD FOLKS TEO PFRANCING ETC US $6.26 Buy It Now 10 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come CBS SONY 18AP2058 cap obi Japan 11176 US $35.80 Buy It Now 11 days
MILES DAVIS**SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (REMASTERED/180 GRAM)**VINYL US $34.95 Buy It Now 11 days
* Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come Columbia Shrink Wrap Near Mint US $45.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MILES DAVIS**SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME**CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 12 days
MILES DAVIS -"SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME" 180 grm VINYL LP NEW US $31.34 Buy It Now 12 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come L/N CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 12 days
MILES DAVIS - Someday My Prince Will Come LP (RARE US MONO Pressing on COLUMBIA) US $72.99 Buy It Now 12 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME CD LIGHTLY USED BONUS TRACK US $9.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come US $4.53 Buy It Now 12 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME FREE UK POST MUSIC CD US $6.66 Buy It Now 13 days
Miles Davis-Someday My Prince Will Come CD NEW US $7.89 Buy It Now 13 days
1990 Music CD Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come US $20.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Miles Davis-Someday My Prince Will Come CD NEW US $14.57 Buy It Now 13 days
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (2012, Vinyl New) US $29.47 Buy It Now 13 days
MILES DAVIS-SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME-JAPAN PROMO +Cap OBI SHRINK SEALED US $69.99 Buy It Now 13 days
MILES DAVIS "Someday My Prince Will Come" mono Columbia LP (6-eye/john coltrane) US $21.59 Buy It Now 14 days
MILES DAVIS/MILES DA - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES - NEW CD US $20.36 Buy It Now 14 days
Miles Davis : Someday My Prince Will Come CD (2010) US $6.60 Buy It Now 15 days
MILES DAVIS:SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME 1961 album + John Coltrane NEW CD US $6.26 Buy It Now 16 days
AUTOGRAPHED / MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME / JPN US $799.99 Buy It Now 16 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come LP COLUMBIA CL 1656 6-EYE ST Hank Mobley US $44.24 Buy It Now 16 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come (L (2013) - New - Long Play Recor US $16.30 Buy It Now 16 days
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (2013, CD New) US $21.52 Buy It Now 18 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come [CD New] US $23.34 Buy It Now 18 days
Some Day My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis CD (Columbia/CBS 1990) US $12.99 Buy It Now 19 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME BONUS TRACKS CD US $7.09 Buy It Now 19 days
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (2013, Vinyl New) 180gm Vinyl US $24.17 Buy It Now 19 days
MILES DAVIS/MILES DA - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES - NEW CD US $11.56 Buy It Now 20 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Miles Davis/Miles... US $6.85 Buy It Now 20 days
Someday My Prince Will Come Bonus Tracks Miles Davis CD US $6.15 Buy It Now 20 days
Someday My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis/Miles Davis Sextet (Vinyl,... US $22.18 Buy It Now 20 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (NEW SEALED CD) ORIGINAL RECORDING US $4.47 Buy It Now 20 days
Miles Davis-Someday My Prince Will Come-CBS Sony 2558-JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Miles Davis/Miles... US $9.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Some Day My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis CD (Columbia/CBS 1990) US $5.99 Buy It Now 22 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come RARE JAPAN made 1st pre silver MFSL CD US $109.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shippin US $13.33 Buy It Now 23 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince will Come (Columbia) RSD Mono new!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 23 days
MILES DAVIS someday my prince will come LP VG+ BPG 62104 Mono UK John Coltrane US $93.75 Buy It Now 23 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 23 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (IMPORT) (BLU-SPEC) NEW CD US $32.87 Buy It Now 23 days
MILES DAVIS: SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME ( LP ) US $18.12 Buy It Now 24 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (180GM) NEW VINYL US $39.31 Buy It Now 24 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Limited] by Miles Davis 1990 CBS ( L N ) US $5.49 Buy It Now 24 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Bonus Tracks][Remaster] - Miles Davis Sextet (1961) US $5.60 Buy It Now 24 days
MILES DAVIS | Someday My Prince Will Come | LP | MFSL Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab US $149.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come LP Original Mono US 6 Eye CL 1656 DG US $17.47 Buy It Now 25 days

More places to buy MILES DAVIS music online Buy MILES DAVIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MILES DAVIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come ratings distribution

MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come reviews

Review by Kazuhiro
3 stars This album is a work that Miles Davis recorded in March, 1961. John Coltrane had already resigned from Miles Band in April, 1960 ago of about one year of year when this album was recorded. And, John Coltrane and Miles Davis that participates in the recording of this album are the last works as competing each other.

The existence of John Coltrane might have been very large for Miles Davis though John Coltrane was already away from the combo of Miles Davis. The performance done with this album to say nothing of it has acted greatly. It is said that Miles Davis had been very filled with a tragic but brave feeling when John Coltrane actually parts from the combo of Miles Davis.

The member who was related to Miles Davis until rushing into at the time of the work group by the fixed member announced continuously from "In Berlin" announced at the time that was actually called "Quintet of gold" was indeed fluid. And, the member was exactly fluid time from "Kind Of Blue" done as mode Jazz creation when chasing it by the time series to "E. S.P.". And, relations as a pure studio album might have been a little loose.

The performance done with the album is a revolution of the developed Music character from very mode Jazz. And, it will be able to be called a valuable work as a work at the time of the performance by acoustic. John Coltrane that participated in this album as a guest advanced the pursuit of the music character while already accompanied by own Quintet and announcing "My Favorite Things". The originality can listen to the point that has acted well also in this album.

And, the musician who is participating in this album Sax player's is Hank Mobley and John Coltrane. And, three person Kelly-Chambers-Cobb was contributing well for the work of Miles Davis at this time. These three people were actually member who had supported Miles Davis as "The Trio". Especially, Paul Chambers was on the register in the combo of Miles Davis for a long period. This exchange might have continued as a musician whom Miles Davis had trusted most.

However, it was difficult for Miles Davis to fix since it competed with John Coltrane of the Sax player. It is said that Miles Davis hoped for a powerful Sax player who is reminiscent of John Coltrane and Sonny Rollins. It might be proof to search for the sound and the route of the performance and the good contrast of Miles Davis. When the performance of the good condition and the slump was repeated, Miles Davis also had the theory said that it had seen through in the performance of Hank Mobley if it considered it from the respect.

However, the performance that can be listened as a result in this album is continuousness of the establishment of the directionality that each member should indeed do and the maturing performance. And, it is likely to be able to count as an album that works with room in a lot of work groups of Miles Davis.

"Someday My Prince Will Come" is a famous tune written because of one "Snow White" of the masterpiece of the Disney animated cartoon. Various Jazz Musician takes up this tune. And, it is said that Miles Davis listens and adopted this tune that Bill Evans Trio performed. It is said that Bill Evans actually made the music score of this tune for Miles Davis Quintet. Flow cymbals legato of three rhythms in close relation to trumpet that hangs mute. And, it is Bass that piles up the impression of the tune and piano obbligato. The tune turns up the heat by Solo of Sax. Flow of Solo that shifts from Hank Mobley to John Coltrane. The part where Hard Bop exists together to the element of Mode Jazz gives contrasted impression.

"Old Folks" is a tune that gradually became famous in the field of modern Jazz at the time of the 1950's. The sound of the trumpet that does the mute to the flow of piano Chord that flows slowly twines well and it sounds. The flow that shifts to Solo of Hank Mobley by signaling Miles Davis might be splendid. Solo of glossy Sax expands the width of the tune. It is indeed graceful Solo.

"Pfrancing" is a tune where Bop exists together to the element of Blues. This tune is being dedicated by the first wife of Miles Davis. It has development to which each member goes it round Solo as Quartet. Performance of Piano that continues element of Funky. And, the sound of the trumpet that removes the mute indeed expands the impression of the tune. Each musician's capability will be able to be satisfied.

"Drad-Dog" is a tune written by Miles Davis. The sound of the trumpet affects the progress of beautiful Chord that flows slowly well. And, the development that intersects a piano sound in which a few senses of relief are produced and flows will have a good composition. It is said that "Circle" collected to "Miles Smiles" announced in 1966 is a development type of this tune.

"Teo" is a tune dedicated to Teo Macero of the producer of this album. Hank Mobley doesn't participate in this tune. This tune by Quintet uses six for a basic rhythm. This tune actually became the last competing with John Coltrane. Gentle piano sound in close relation to Solo of powerful trumpet. The performance indeed keeps the quality. The flow that shifts to Solo of Sax and originality and the insistence on John Coltrane give a good action.

"I Thought About You" is a tune that Miles Davis always chooses as a repertoire after it performs in this album. It is a ballade of can the enjoyment of Solo of the trumpet without reserve and the quality. The rhythm section twines round the tune on the way. The sound that Solo that Hank Mobley does is indeed graceful is produced. It might be exactly a moment of the best. It finishes it off again by a good sound of the trumpet.

It will be a content enhanced as an album to make good use of the methodology when it is possible to do as a part as competing with John Coltrane and a performance of acoustic in the work group that kept announcing in the 1960's.

Send comments to Kazuhiro (BETA) | Report this review (#270895) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Post a review of MILES DAVIS "Someday My Prince Will Come"