SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME

Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come album cover

Buy MILES DAVIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1961

Original LP track list:
1. Someday My Prince Will Come (9:06)
2. Old Folks (5:17)
3. Pfrancing (8:33)
4. Drad Dog (4:51)
5. Teo (9:35)
6. I Thought About You (4:55)

Bonuses (CD):
7. Blues No. 2 (7:08)
8. Someday My Prince Will Come (Alternate Take) (5:34)

Search MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come lyrics

Search MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come tabs

- Miles Davis / trumpet
- Wynton Kelly / piano
- Paul Chambers / double bass
- Jimmy Cobb / drums (1-6, 8)
- Philly Jo Jones / drums (7)
- Hank Mobley / tenor saxophone (1-4, 6-8)
- John Coltrane / tenor saxophone (1, 5)

LP: 1961 Columbia CS-8456 , Columbia CL 1656

2002 CD Sony 4544
z CD Sony/BMG Japan 10085
2008 CD SBME 726700
1999 CD Columbia/Legacy 65919

CD reissue includes two bonus tracks.

Thanks to zafreth for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

MILES DAVIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come Music

SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 1999
Someday My Prince Will Come (Japanese Import- Master Sound)Someday My Prince Will Come (Japanese Import- Master Sound)
CBS SONY
Vinyl$13.99 (used)
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
Extra tracks · Import · Super Audio CD - DSD
Imports 2002
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis 886976945725 (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.01 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (2010, CD New) USD $7.19 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come [CD New] USD $7.01 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come Japanese vinyl LP album record USD $58.26 Buy It Now 9h 41m
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come LP Vinyl JAPAN CBS SONY SOPL-157 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 35m
MILES DAVIS SEXTET SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME FREE UK POST MUSIC CD USD $4.60 Buy It Now 16h 54m
Miles Davis "Someday My Prince Will Come"LP-Columbia PC8456-1977 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (2013, CD New) USD $18.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (2012, Vinyl New) USD $25.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (Vinyl Used Very Good) 180gm Vinyl USD $15.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis 8718469530397 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $27.69 Buy It Now 2 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET Someday My Prince Will Come JAZZ LP COLUMBIA 6 Eyes MONO USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come 2012 [Vinyl New] USD $29.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come [CD New] USD $20.57 Buy It Now 2 days
MILES DAVIS-SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME +2-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 USD $18.50 Buy It Now 2 days
MILES DAVIS 'Someday My Prince Will Come' Mono 180g Vinyl LP NEW USD $26.93 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW SEALED MFSL VERY RARE MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME Longbox CD USD $295.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come 12"LP 45RPM 200gm Analogue Productions USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come USD $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [VINYL] Miles Davis Vinyl USD $35.10 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Someday My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis/miles Davis Sextet CD (CD) USD $9.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Someday My Prince Will Come, 5050457112127, Miles Davis USD $6.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come LP 180g Vinyl MONO NEW USD $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Someday My Prince Will Come, 5050457112127, Miles Davis USD $7.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Miles Davis Sextet-Someday My Prince Will Come-Columbia 8456-STEREO 6-EYE USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Miles Davis SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME Mono & Stereo JAZZ CLASSIC New 2 CD USD $5.99 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come SOPL157 LP Ce7404 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS SEXTET SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME COLUMBIA PC 8456 HANK MOBLEY USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come (L (2013) - New - Long Play Recor USD $14.93 Buy It Now 4 days
Miles Davis / Someday My Prince Will Come, Japan 1st Press only Digipak CD,SEALD USD $19.99 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS**SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME**CD USD $4.50 Buy It Now 5 days
SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES DAVIS SEXTET] NEW CD USD $9.88 Buy It Now 5 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET VINYL RECORD LP ~ MILES DAVIS ~ SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME NEW CD USD $9.37 Buy It Now 5 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME - COLUMBIA-LP/Vinyl/Record USD $0.99 [0 bids]
MILES DAVIS SEXTET - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME MONO & STEREO 2CD FREE POST UK USD $6.91 Buy It Now 6 days
Some Day My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis CD (Columbia/CBS 1990) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MFSL1-177 Miles Davis / Someday My Prince Will Come , LP USD $29.23 [0 bids]
THE MILES DAVIS SEXTET - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME - MONO & STEREO (NEW 2CD) USD $6.75 Buy It Now 6 days
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis (2013, Vinyl New) 180gm Vinyl USD $22.41 Buy It Now 7 days
* Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come Columbia Shrink Wrap Near Mint USD $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Someday My Prince Will Come Bonus Tracks Miles Davis CD USD $4.92 Buy It Now 7 days
MILES DAVIS**SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (MONO/RSD 2013)**VINYL USD $14.91 Buy It Now 7 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME BONUS TRACKS CD USD $3.90 Buy It Now 7 days
Someday My Prince Will Come Miles Davis vinyl LP album record Japanese USD $52.20 Buy It Now 8 days
Miles Davis 1990 CD Someday My Prince Will Come Classic Jazz CBS Album Records USD $20.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MILES DAVIS "SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME" CD NEW+ USD $14.39 Buy It Now 8 days
Miles Davis-Someday My Prince Will Come-CBS Sony 2558-JAPAN USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come 180g Audiophile Vinyl 2LP 45RPM Record USD $63.85 Buy It Now 9 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET**SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (MONO AND STEREO)**2 CD SET USD $4.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Some Day My Prince Will Come (180g) + bonus track [VINYL] Miles Davis Vinyl USD $30.59 Buy It Now 9 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Mono Vinyl] Miles Davis Vinyl USD $35.10 Buy It Now 9 days
Some Day My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis CD (Columbia/CBS 1990) USD $4.79 Buy It Now 9 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come (LP) (HQ-180 gram vinyl - mono edition) USD $22.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come RARE JAPAN made 1st pre silver MFSL CD USD $87.20 Buy It Now 10 days
Someday My Prince Will Come [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Miles Davis CD CK65919 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
MILES DAVIS someday my prince will come LP VG+ BPG 62104 Mono UK John Coltrane USD $125.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Miles Davis SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME Mono & Stereo JAZZ CLASSIC New 2 CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Someday My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis CD (Columbia/CBS 1990) USD $9.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Miles Davis Sextet - Someday My Prince Will Come CD NEW USD $11.41 Buy It Now 11 days
Miles Davis - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [Vinyl] USD $25.29 Buy It Now 11 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (NEW SEALED CD) USD $4.14 Buy It Now 11 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come CS 8456 Vinyl Record LP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Miles Davis Sextet-Someday My Prince Will Come-Columbia 1656-MONO NICE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MILES DAVIS - Someday My Prince Will Come [mono] LP New SEALED re-issue vinyl USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES DAVIS SEXTET] NEW CD USD $4.03 Buy It Now 12 days
SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES DAVIS SEXTET] NEW CD USD $10.43 Buy It Now 12 days
SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME [MILES DAVIS/MILES DAVIS SEXTET] NEW CD USD $17.56 Buy It Now 12 days
Miles Davis, Someday My Prince Will Come, 1977, Columbia Records, PC 8456 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 12 days
MILES DAVIS | Someday My Prince Will Come | LP | MFSL Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab USD $149.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come cd USD $4.61 Buy It Now 13 days
Someday My Prince Will Come Miles Davis CD MFSL USD $99.99 Buy It Now 13 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET-SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME-JAZZ ALBUM-COLUMBIA CS 8456-6 Eye USD $39.99 Buy It Now 14 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come Japan LP w/obi, VG+/EX+, Coltrane/Mobley USD $15.38 Buy It Now 14 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come (1999) - New - Compact Disc USD $2.50 Buy It Now 15 days
MILES DAVIS-SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME 8 TRK CD USD $7.67 Buy It Now 15 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come MONO 180g LP SEALED USD $18.07 Buy It Now 15 days
MILES DAVIS / SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME ~ Digitally Remastered Album ~ SEALED USD $27.99 Buy It Now 16 days
MILES DAVIS LP, Someday My Prince Will Come (COLUMBIA US Issue NM/NM) USD $38.30 Buy It Now 17 days
MILES DAVIS LP, Someday My Prince Will Come (COLUMBIA US Issue NM/NM) USD $16.76 Buy It Now 17 days
Miles Davis "Someday My Prince Will Come" UNOPENED CD Japanese Ldt Edt Import ! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME JAPAN SACD HYBRID USD $26.80 Buy It Now 18 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (180GM) NEW VINYL USD $70.48 Buy It Now 18 days
LP MFSL Miles Davis Someday My Prince Will Come MFSL Factory Sealed New 1-177 USD $199.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come 180G Vinyl Record LP USD $27.29 Buy It Now 19 days
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come LP NEW MONO USD $21.99 Buy It Now 19 days
THE MILES DAVIS SEXTET - Someday My Prince Will Come CD JAPAN SICP 10085 NEW USD $72.30 Buy It Now 20 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME 180GM LP VINYL RECORD NEW USD $37.99 Buy It Now 21 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME =MONO= 180GM LP VINYL RECORD NEW USD $37.99 Buy It Now 21 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come 180g MONO VINYL LP NEW/SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Miles Davis ?- Someday My Prince Will Come on CBS 466312 1 Europe RM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 21 days
MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come 180-Gram VINYL Mono LP NEW Numbered RSD USD $44.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Someday My Prince Will Come Miles Davis CD USD $14.12 Buy It Now 22 days
MILES DAVIS - SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME KOREA EDITION SEALED USD $18.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis LP MONO SIX-EYE 1961 John Coltrane  USD $90.00 Buy It Now 22 days
MILES DAVIS SEXTET Someday My Prince Will Come 1B MONO VG+ JOHN COLTRANE teo USD $39.99 Buy It Now 22 days
MILES DAVIS**SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (45 RPM)**2 VINYL SET USD $58.95 Buy It Now 23 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME COLUMBIA MONO SIX EYE CL 1656 USD $35.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Miles Davis, Someday My Prince Will Come. 180 Gram 45rpm Sealed Vinyl 2LP Set. USD $79.99 Buy It Now 24 days
MILES DAVIS SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME 180 GRAM 1990 DIGITALLY REMASTERED LP USD $79.99 Buy It Now 24 days

More places to buy MILES DAVIS music online Buy MILES DAVIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MILES DAVIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come ratings distribution

MILES DAVIS Someday My Prince Will Come reviews

Review by Kazuhiro
3 stars This album is a work that Miles Davis recorded in March, 1961. John Coltrane had already resigned from Miles Band in April, 1960 ago of about one year of year when this album was recorded. And, John Coltrane and Miles Davis that participates in the recording of this album are the last works as competing each other.

The existence of John Coltrane might have been very large for Miles Davis though John Coltrane was already away from the combo of Miles Davis. The performance done with this album to say nothing of it has acted greatly. It is said that Miles Davis had been very filled with a tragic but brave feeling when John Coltrane actually parts from the combo of Miles Davis.

The member who was related to Miles Davis until rushing into at the time of the work group by the fixed member announced continuously from "In Berlin" announced at the time that was actually called "Quintet of gold" was indeed fluid. And, the member was exactly fluid time from "Kind Of Blue" done as mode Jazz creation when chasing it by the time series to "E. S.P.". And, relations as a pure studio album might have been a little loose.

The performance done with the album is a revolution of the developed Music character from very mode Jazz. And, it will be able to be called a valuable work as a work at the time of the performance by acoustic. John Coltrane that participated in this album as a guest advanced the pursuit of the music character while already accompanied by own Quintet and announcing "My Favorite Things". The originality can listen to the point that has acted well also in this album.

And, the musician who is participating in this album Sax player's is Hank Mobley and John Coltrane. And, three person Kelly-Chambers-Cobb was contributing well for the work of Miles Davis at this time. These three people were actually member who had supported Miles Davis as "The Trio". Especially, Paul Chambers was on the register in the combo of Miles Davis for a long period. This exchange might have continued as a musician whom Miles Davis had trusted most.

However, it was difficult for Miles Davis to fix since it competed with John Coltrane of the Sax player. It is said that Miles Davis hoped for a powerful Sax player who is reminiscent of John Coltrane and Sonny Rollins. It might be proof to search for the sound and the route of the performance and the good contrast of Miles Davis. When the performance of the good condition and the slump was repeated, Miles Davis also had the theory said that it had seen through in the performance of Hank Mobley if it considered it from the respect.

However, the performance that can be listened as a result in this album is continuousness of the establishment of the directionality that each member should indeed do and the maturing performance. And, it is likely to be able to count as an album that works with room in a lot of work groups of Miles Davis.

"Someday My Prince Will Come" is a famous tune written because of one "Snow White" of the masterpiece of the Disney animated cartoon. Various Jazz Musician takes up this tune. And, it is said that Miles Davis listens and adopted this tune that Bill Evans Trio performed. It is said that Bill Evans actually made the music score of this tune for Miles Davis Quintet. Flow cymbals legato of three rhythms in close relation to trumpet that hangs mute. And, it is Bass that piles up the impression of the tune and piano obbligato. The tune turns up the heat by Solo of Sax. Flow of Solo that shifts from Hank Mobley to John Coltrane. The part where Hard Bop exists together to the element of Mode Jazz gives contrasted impression.

"Old Folks" is a tune that gradually became famous in the field of modern Jazz at the time of the 1950's. The sound of the trumpet that does the mute to the flow of piano Chord that flows slowly twines well and it sounds. The flow that shifts to Solo of Hank Mobley by signaling Miles Davis might be splendid. Solo of glossy Sax expands the width of the tune. It is indeed graceful Solo.

"Pfrancing" is a tune where Bop exists together to the element of Blues. This tune is being dedicated by the first wife of Miles Davis. It has development to which each member goes it round Solo as Quartet. Performance of Piano that continues element of Funky. And, the sound of the trumpet that removes the mute indeed expands the impression of the tune. Each musician's capability will be able to be satisfied.

"Drad-Dog" is a tune written by Miles Davis. The sound of the trumpet affects the progress of beautiful Chord that flows slowly well. And, the development that intersects a piano sound in which a few senses of relief are produced and flows will have a good composition. It is said that "Circle" collected to "Miles Smiles" announced in 1966 is a development type of this tune.

"Teo" is a tune dedicated to Teo Macero of the producer of this album. Hank Mobley doesn't participate in this tune. This tune by Quintet uses six for a basic rhythm. This tune actually became the last competing with John Coltrane. Gentle piano sound in close relation to Solo of powerful trumpet. The performance indeed keeps the quality. The flow that shifts to Solo of Sax and originality and the insistence on John Coltrane give a good action.

"I Thought About You" is a tune that Miles Davis always chooses as a repertoire after it performs in this album. It is a ballade of can the enjoyment of Solo of the trumpet without reserve and the quality. The rhythm section twines round the tune on the way. The sound that Solo that Hank Mobley does is indeed graceful is produced. It might be exactly a moment of the best. It finishes it off again by a good sound of the trumpet.

It will be a content enhanced as an album to make good use of the methodology when it is possible to do as a part as competing with John Coltrane and a performance of acoustic in the work group that kept announcing in the 1960's.

Post a review of MILES DAVIS "Someday My Prince Will Come"