SOON - SOUND CHASER - ROUNDABOUT

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1976

Side 1

1. Soon - from THE GATES OF DELIRIUM (4:06)
2. Sound Chaser - Radio Edit (3:10)

Side 2

1. Roundabout - Live (8:20)

Search YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout lyrics

Search YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards
- Alan White / drums
- Steve Howe / guitars

Atlantic Records - 1976

Thanks to ccvp for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Yessongs by Yes Cassette 1973 Atlantic Records Rare FREE SHIPPING U.S.A. US $11.33 Buy It Now 31m 49s
YES "Fragile" Atlantic/SD 19132-2 (CD) US $8.99 Buy It Now 35m 1s
HAPPY MONDAYS-Yes, Please-POP-ROCK-CD'S US $9.99 Buy It Now 38m 17s
Rare RCA Pressing 45 The Beatles: Ticket To Ride (b/w Yes It Is) Capitol 5407 M- US $49.99 [0 bids]
41m
Ray charles yes indeed marvin gaye vinyl LP "Budget" Free shipping over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
45m 43s
Lou Rawls "Dead End Street Monologue - Yes It Hurts Doesn't It" 45 Record 5869 US $3.99 [0 bids]
46m 32s
JUELZ SANTANA-OH YES 3-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS345 US $2.99 Buy It Now 49m 8s
AVANT - DON'T SAY NO JUST SAY YES 4-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS17 US $12.99 Buy It Now 49m 40s
OFF COURSE I love you 1982 CD JAPAN CA35-1002 Early Pressing yes yes yes B4686 US $7.50 Buy It Now 53m 18s
10 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by YES new CD US $6.86 Buy It Now 53m 48s
Jon Anderson - Song Of Seven - 1980 LP - SEALED - Yes! US $14.99 Buy It Now 55m 9s
YES: Owner of A Lonely Heart/Our Song rock vinyl US $14.00 Buy It Now 55m 29s
Yes - Big Generator CD (Atco Records, 1987) US $1.95 [1 bids]
57m 47s
MELISSA ETHERIDGE-Yes I am-SMALL FACES/Ian Mclagan-Cd US $6.99 Buy It Now 58m 28s
Yes "Tales from Topographic Oceans" Atlantic 1973 US $6.19 [0 bids]
58m 38s
Yes "The Yes Album" Atlantic 1971 'Yours is No Disgrace' US $5.59 [0 bids]
58m 39s
CHESTERFIELD KINGS Yes I Understand Beau Brummels 7" 45 PS Babiuk Prevost 2000 US $9.94 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GTR (Steve Howe - Yes, Steve Hackett - Genesis) CD - rare 1986 German import! US $9.99 [0 bids]
BOBBY LEWIS: Yes, Oh Yes, It Did/Mamie in The Afternoon US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
CHI-LITES, THE: Yes I'm Ready/Have You Seen Her (R&B vinyl 45) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
FATS DOMINO: Yes, My Darling/Don't You Know I Love You (RnB vinyl 45) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
POINTER SISTERS, THE: Yes We Can Can/Jada R&B US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Yes LP Tormato US $6.99 [0 bids]
WILSON PICKETT: She Said Yes/It's Still Good R&B US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 10m
YES, orig 1st press US LP, "DRAMA", EX/EX gatefold, Steve Howe, Chris Squire YES US $7.50 [0 bids]
45 RPM THE VAGRANTS I LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU YES I DO & RESPECT #45-6473 VERY RARE US $9.95 [0 bids]
Classic Yes CD Atlantic Records 1981 US $1.99 [0 bids]
BILL BRUFORD Gradually Going Tornado LP Yes King Crimson prog US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
YES - S/T - US ATLANTIC LP GEORGE PIROS MASTERED AT/GP self titled debut US $18.88 [0 bids]
Say No to Being Cool Say Yes to Being - Softlightes New & Sealed CD Free Shippin US $13.90 Buy It Now 1h 32m
YES: Drama rock vinyl US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
YES - Re- (Union) CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
Yes Yesterdays LP NM-/VG+ 1974 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
YES: 9012 Live The Solos (SEALED vinyl LP A1-90474 Atco) US $17.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
DOO WOP / ROCK ~ THE SENSATIONS ~ARGO (BLK LBL) 5405 "OH YES, I'LL BE TRUE" 1961 US $12.95 [0 bids]
YES: Going For The One (rock VG+ vinyl LP KSD-19106) US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
YES: 90125 (rock VG++ vinyl LP 79-01251 Atco) US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Starland Music Presents Rockin' USA 2 CD Set ZZ Top Yes Cars Toto Motley Crue US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Yes - Going For The One - Atlantic iRecords - LP - SD 19106 -1977 - VG+/VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DRESDEN DOLLS Yes, Virginia 13tk US Advance/Promo/Adv cd (amanda palmer) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes - MINT CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
YES - THE YES ALBUM & T-SHIRT 2013 TOUR PIROS MONARCH PRESSING PACKAGE DEAL LP US $89.99 [0 bids]
KEVIN AYERS - YES WE HAVE NO MANANAS / LP / 1977 US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Yes Tormato LP NM/NM- Lyrics 1978 Atlantic SD-19202 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
YES - YesYears Box Set - 4 CD's - w/ Color Booklet - Atco (Atlantic) - 1991 US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
JON & VANGELIS - "The Friends Of Mr. Cairo" LP 1981 1st US PROMO w/INNER - (YES) US $21.88 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Affirmative: The Yes Solo Family Album by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Connoisseur) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Classic By Yes ( U.S.A CD ,Atlantic rec, US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
Yes "YesSongs" 3-Record Set + Booklet Atlantic SD-3-100 VG++ Prog Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.73 [0 bids]
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.) US $1.75 [0 bids]
90125 by Yes (U.S.A press. CD ,ATCO , US $2.50 [4 bids]
LP RECORD - EARL GRANT - YES SIRREE - HAMMOND B3 VINYL US $6.05 Buy It Now 2h 6m
THE SENSATIONS / Let Me In & Oh Yes, I'll Be True / RARE NORTHERN SOUL 45-ARGO US $24.99 [0 bids]
Yes - 90125 LP ATCO Records NM / VG+ 1983 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $3.50 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Rare best sounding YELLO You Gotta Say Yes To Another Success CD US $9.99 [1 bids]
Larry Green 78 RPM Record "Theres yes yes in your eyes/Lovers gold" US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Yes We Can: Voices Of A Grassroots Movement (CD) Limited Edition! Barack Obama, US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Hoosier Hot Shots, Yes She Do/I'm Looking for a Girl, 78 Record, Conqueror US $3.00 [0 bids]
CRASS Yes Sir, I Will (LP) (poster sleeve) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
YES - LOVE WILL FIND A WAY - RARE PROMO CD - NEW & SEALED - TREVOR RABIN US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE ASSOCIATION Yes, I Will/I Am Up For Europe WB 730 White Label Promo US $7.67 [0 bids]
Eddy Howard 78 RPM Record "Yes yes un your eyes/Room full of roses" US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Detroiters / Goodrich Broaadcasters - ROMEO 572 - Maybe Yes - Maybe No US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Yes/ABWH: 27 Japan mini-lp SHM-CD + 2 Promo Boxes US $890.90 [0 bids]
RaRe Import GEORGIE FAME Yes Honestly / Lily UK 7" Island US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Yes: High Vibration [Limited Edition] (16 CD/SACD, Sep-2013, WEA Japan) US $400.90 [0 bids]
RaRe Import 45 EARL GRANT Steve's Theme / Yes Mister WL Promo 33 rpm 7" US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
BBC Reel to Reel DR FEELGOOD YES RENAISSANCE RICH KIDS RaRe 78 Export Tape HEAR US $99.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.88 Buy It Now 2h 42m
SMOKEY ROBINSON: Yes It's You Lady-SEALED1982LP TAMLA US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island Come To My Window US $4.79 Buy It Now 2h 56m
TREVOR RABIN / TREVOR RABIN JAPAN CD 90125 YES US $59.99 Buy It Now 3h
Just Say Mao: Volume III of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD, Sire) US $2.99 [0 bids]
3h
yes shows record US $2.99 [0 bids]
yes tormato record US $2.99 [0 bids]
yes fragile record US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES Lp record lot of 2 TORMATO & GOING FOR THE ONE - Atlantic SD 19106 19202 US $4.95 [1 bids]
Live At Hammersmith/Rick Wakeman/YES/new cd US $24.00 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Vox Humana/Geoffrey Downes/Asia/YES/new cd US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
The Caped Collection by Rick Wakeman/2 cd new/YES US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Gold by Asia/2 cd new/36 trks/ELP/King Crimson/YES/Emerson Lake Palmer US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Live (USD) /Rick Wakeman/YES/new cd US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Almost Live in Europe/Rick Wakeman/YES/new cd US $9.98 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Earth Mother EarthJon Anderson/new cd/YES US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
BARRETT STRONG YES NO,MAYBE SO /YOU KNOWS WHAT TO DO 45 ANNA HEAR US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Wilson Pickett 45 "She Said Yes / It's Still Good" US $3.49 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Yes - Love Will Find A Way / Holy Lamb Cassette US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES**YESSONGS (RM)**2 CD SET US $15.95 Buy It Now 3h 24m
PERFECT PUSSY**SAY YES TO LOVE**CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 26m
RAY & LINDY - TEENER ROCK- ANGEL LOVE / YES THAT'S LOVE US $14.39 Buy It Now 3h 31m
TOMMY DORSEY Yes Indeed! RCA VICTOR LP VG+/NM- US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 34m
YES Big Generator ATCO VG++/NM- Stereo US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 34m
YES 9012 Live The Solos ATCO MINT! Stereo US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Vintage YES: 9012 LIVE Beta Video Tape! Stereo Hi-Fi 1985 Music US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Lift Me Up US 3 tracks US Promo CD Single 3 versions of title track D US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Yes Promo 45 w/ Picture Sleeve-Owner Of A Lonely Heart US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Tormato by Yes 8 track tape tested US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 43m
3 LP Vinyl Lot RUSH, YES, VAN MORRISON, Masterdisk Stamped Original Pressings US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 45m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout ratings distribution

YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout reviews

Review by CCVP
3 stars Good Single, but just good

This 76 single is a true gem of progressive rock. That is because, in Brazil, the 'single' industry have always been denied. That deny is so big that today is still hard to find singles of any kind, so the only way (or the most common way) to buy songs from the artist you like (studio songs, live songs, edits of any kind, etc) is through full-length albums. This was also true during the 70's, and that is why i bought this single in a all-vinyl store: because theses things are damn hard to find, specially this old.

The songs in this single are considerably good versions of the studio songs. On side 1 we have a part of the song THE GATES OF DELIRIUM called Soon; Soon was taken directly from THE GATES, just as if you are listening it from the album Relayer, and it is a good song.Also on side 1 there is a radio edit of the song Sound Chaser, also from the album Relayer; although this radio edit is not as good as the full length song from the studio album, it is also considerably good. Though side 1 is good, the highlights of the single go to the live version of Roundabout that fills the whole side 2 (what can i say? Roundabout is one of Yes's best songs, it IS the best song of this single and this live version is very good).

Grade and Final Thoughts

Since this single is god, but does not brings anything new to the table, it is fair to give it the three star grade.

Send comments to CCVP (BETA) | Report this review (#180622) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars I remember I had this single in the 70īs. A friend gave it to me. It was not remarkable in any kind, but, believe it or not, Soon was used in a soap opera soundtrack and it became quite popular. A lot of people in Brazil still remembers this segment of The Gates Of Delirium, but I really rather hear the whole epic instead. The same goes for the edit version of Sound Chaser.

The live rendition of Roundabout is ok. I love this song, but this version did not add much to the studo origonal or its counterpart on Yessongs. So today I think this single is worth for its rarety. Therefore I think I can only recommended it for collectors and those fans who have to have everything that was put out with the bandīs name.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#186181) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 17, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Soon/Sound Chaser/Roundabout' - Yes (Single)

I've always been in the school of thought that the finale of Yes' epic 'The Gates Of Delirium,' entitled 'Soon' was one of the most beautiful things the band has ever done in their entire career. While it's nice to have that section of the epic on it's own for individual consumption, it's suprising to see how much is taken away from the song once it's context is taken away. Still, very aesthetic and moving. Bottom line is that it's better on 'Relayer,' though.

Having a radio edit of 'Sound Chaser' is pretty funny, to be honest. At it's original 9 minute length, there were too many musical ideas in it to sound cohesive at all, and that really hurt it's original album for me. While I appreciate the effort trying to clean up that mess, it doesn't work for me.

Finally, the Roundabout performance is nice; something to attract the 'casual' listener. Still, nothing worth the purchase of the EP. The music is good for the most part, but it's best to stick to 'Relayer' and leave this forgotten release alone.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#250400) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009

3 stars A Yes release from 1976, which contains the "Soon" part of "Gates of Delerium" from RELAYER and a radio edit of "Sound Chaser" from the same album. Also a live version of "Roundabout" is on this. This is definately considered a for fans-only and collectors release. "Soon" is my least favorite part o ... (read more)

Report this review (#749369) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout"