SOON - SOUND CHASER - ROUNDABOUT

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1976

Side 1

1. Soon - from THE GATES OF DELIRIUM (4:06)
2. Sound Chaser - Radio Edit (3:10)

Side 2

1. Roundabout - Live (8:20)

Search YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout lyrics

Search YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards
- Alan White / drums
- Steve Howe / guitars

Atlantic Records - 1976

Thanks to ccvp for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout Music

Rhino/Elektra 2003
DramaDrama
Extra tracks · Remastered
Elektra / Wea 2004
YES Logo Vintage 70`s/80`s Button Badge Pin(25mm-1") Anderson Wakeman Howe #Y105 US $6.64 Buy It Now 38m 13s
YES Close to the Edge original Piros press gatefold w/green sleeve SD 7244 LP US $29.99 [0 bids]
40m 45s
FPI Project Yes , we could PPR 047 1995 ITALO US $27.99 Buy It Now 45m 52s
Alyson Williams - Yes We Can Can US $4.99 Buy It Now 46m
1950s PAT BOONE "YES, INDEED" lp- US $0.99 [0 bids]
49m 19s
Yes - Classic Yes (CD 1981) Original Version US $9.99 Buy It Now 50m 20s
Yes - 90125 (CD 1984) Atco CD IN VERY GOOD CONDITION US $7.99 Buy It Now 51m 39s
* YES - 90125 (CD, 1983) (Japan) US $8.49 Buy It Now 54m 39s
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1980 YES Drama SD 16019 Rock USA Gatefold Cover US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Klymaxx Constellation 45 Record #53028 NM PS I'd Still Say Yes / Ask Me No US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label) Very Good Condition US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII ~ Gatefold LP 1973 A&M SP 4361 EX yes US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Rare YES CD The world of YES Japan Limited Edition SHM CD BONUS TRACKS OBI US $62.22 Buy It Now 1h 15m
ALBERK THE FISH: Yes I Love You (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Hunches - Yes. No. Shut It [CD New] US $15.35 Buy It Now 1h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN the masters 20 TRKS JAPAN 2 CD YES SEALED US $20.65 Buy It Now 1h 17m
YES YESSONGS VOL. 1 VINTAGE RARE 8 TRACK TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 20m
5 Star(7" Vinyl)If I Say Yes-Tent-PB40981-UK-Ex/Ex US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 21m
YES / THE YES ALBUM / CASSETTE TAPE / 1ST PRESS 1971 RED PAPER LABEL / ATLANTIC US $7.07 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Chris Conner 45 "I Love You Yes I Do" DJ Promo US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
JEWELS Fool in Paradise Oh Yes I know US $74.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
45 RPM RECORD/6) ROY DRUSKY & PRISCILLA MITCHELL / YES, MR. PETERS US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Various Artists : Yes New York CD (2003) US $3.96 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Yoko Ono - Yes, I'm a Witch CD US $10.80 Buy It Now 1h 36m
CHAD BROCK - YES! -CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
JON ANDERSON ANIMATION LP YES FRONT MAN PROMO US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
CLASSIC ROCK 45S-LOT OF 8-KISS, ZZ TOP, VAN MORRISON, YES PROMO-SEE LIST [0302] US $13.00 [0 bids]
THE HUNCHES - YES. NO. SHUT IT. - NEW CD US $12.37 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Kevin Ayers - Yes We Have No Mananas (With Bonus Tracks) (NEW CD) US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 55m
THE BEATLES-Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is UK 7" EX Cond US $19.96 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Mike Doughty - Yes and Also Yes - 14 Track US $6.64 Buy It Now 1h 57m
YES Owner of a lonely heart 7" 45 RPM Single 80's Prog Rock/Pop Ex Con US $2.91 Buy It Now 1h 58m
YES VAGABUNDEAR / CORRIENDO UNA LARGA DISTANCIA EN CIRCULOS ARGENTINA 7" US $81.53 Buy It Now 2h
Say Yes Terry Wollman MUSIC CD US $9.68 Buy It Now 2h 5m
CD* Yes I Know My Way: The Best of... - PINO DANIELE *** 1998 VERSION *** US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
YES Yes LP cover framed for wall mounting black or silver GIFT US $23.29 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Union Pacific Show Band Sugar and Spice / Yes, I Love You 1976 45rpm VG++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
LOU RAWLS Dead End Street 45 Monologue / Yes It Hurts Doesn't It Capitol Records US $11.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 Yes - Leave It / Leave It On Atco US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Rock 45 Yes - Love Will Find A Way / Holy Lamb On Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Rock 45 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Leave It On Atlantic US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Rock 45 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song On Atlantic Recording Company 7 US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Rock 45 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song On Atlantic Recording Company US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Steve Howe Steve Hackett GTR 4 Lp Lot ex. Yes Genesis S/T, Please Don't Touch US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Yes - The Yes Album - LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Teddy Powell Orch 78 "Yes Indeed/I'd Love You Again" Bluebird 11248 US $11.00 [0 bids]
Cootie Williams 78 "I Lve You, Yes I Do/Smooth Sailing" Mercury 8073 US $11.00 [0 bids]
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings by Pointer Sisters... US $6.49 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Rick Wakeman of YES "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth" 12"LP A US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
ALBUM NETWORK 2 CD PROMO-22-w MELISSA ETHERIDGE Yes I Am ADVANCE-Radiohead-UB40+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Dickies Just Say Yes 7" blue vinyl rare oop pop punk US $4.99 [0 bids]
PAPA SPRAIN 7" P/S TECH YES / SEE SONS ROUGH TRADE US $8.04 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Kevin Ayers - Yes We Have No Mananas (with Bonus NEW CD US $7.94 Buy It Now 2h 39m
RN'B 45 The Charmers Aladdin 3341 "Oh ! Yes" Hear Both US $39.95 [0 bids]
LE'THER STRIP - YES: I'M LIMITED, VOL. 2 (782388009423) - NEW CD US $9.43 Buy It Now 2h 53m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - 5 STAR - IF I SAY YES - PB 40981 US $11.64 Buy It Now 2h 56m
5 Star (Five Star) - If I Say Yes/Let Me Down Easy (PS) US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h
THE POINTER SISTERS LIVE AT THE OPERA HOUSE DOUBLE LP - W/"YES WE CAN CAN" US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h
LOT OF 8 ROCK LP'S JETHRO TULL STEELY DAN REO HEART YES LOVERBOY DOOBIE B US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h
Close to the Edge by Yes (CD, Jun-2011, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.67 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Greatest Hits: Highlights, The Very Best Of [Remaster] by Yes (CD, Feb-2007,... US $14.17 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Yes [Expanded & Remastered] * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $12.07 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Yes Album, The [LP] by Yes (Vinyl, Rhino Records USA) US $22.10 Buy It Now 3h 6m
YES-SELF TITLED DEBUT VINYL LP + LYRICS US $29.11 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Yes "Fragile" NM 1977 Pressing Vinyl Record US $24.98 Buy It Now 3h 22m
YES drama 1980 - FIRST UK PRESS ATLANTIC LABEL+TOUR PROGRAMME 1980 -EX++ US $13.30 [0 bids]
-When You Go Yes Is Yes! CD NEW US $21.94 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Yes - Big Generator (CD 1987) Atco Early Pressing CD Made by Capitol Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
BACCARA Yes Sir, I Can Boogie VG++ P/S VG++ 45 RPM DISCO US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES - THE YES ALBUM ATLANTIC RE A2 B2 EX+ US $41.53 Buy It Now 3h 39m
For Whom the Bells Toll by Fish CD Marillion Yes Genesis Transatlantic Porcupine US $22.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Brothers of Love Yes I Am / Sweetie Pie Blue Rock 4057 Mint- US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Yes Going For One 1977 Atlantic Records Vinyl Lp Record SD 19106 US $29.97 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Yes Classic Yes rare LP great condition plus 45 rpm Roundabout US $9.99 [0 bids]
Just Say Roe (Just Say Yes Vol. 7) - Belly... US $7.29 Buy It Now 3h 50m
RARE! OOP! YES 90125 (CD) MADE IN KOREA - VERY GOOD+ CONDITION! US $8.95 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Morning will come - Yes we have no bananas The great White Way Victor 19068 US $3.00 [0 bids]
YES ~ SOLOS LP SAMLER ~ PROMOTIONAL LP ~ ANDERSON, HOWE, SQUIRE MORAZ, WHITE US $24.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
Yes, I'm Limited Vol. II - Leaether Strip ... US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
YES~The Ladder Tour book~TOP condition US $13.30 [0 bids]
YES- GOING FOR THE ONE VINYL 12" US $2.50 Buy It Now 4h 11m
YES- AND YOU AND I VINYL 7" 45RPM co US $2.08 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Yes I Am - Very Good US $3.68 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Bobby Lewis Tossin' and Turnin'/Oh Yes I Love You 45 RPM record US $3.75 [0 bids]
DOO WOP / ROCK ~ THE SENSATIONS ~ARGO (BLK LBL) 5405 "OH YES, I'LL BE TRUE" 1961 US $13.25 [0 bids]
YES- tormato LP VG+/VG US $9.97 Buy It Now 4h 21m
BIG GENERATOR BY YES (CD, Jul-1987, Atco (USA)) US $6.66 Buy It Now 4h 27m
JON ANDERSON - OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW LP VG++ YES SINGER US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 29m
PIANO TRIBUTE TO YES / VARIOUS NEW CD US $17.69 Buy It Now 4h 30m
HUNCHES - YES NO SHUT IT NEW CD US $21.90 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Rock 45 YES Owner Of a Lonely Heart on ATCO 6 US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
YES ~ TIME AND A WORD ~ 2ND UK PRESSING ~ 1972 ~ A3 / B3 MATRIX US $38.00 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Yes Close to the Edge Vinyl LP Progressive Rock Jon Anderson US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 35m
JAMES BROWN IT'S A MAN'S MAN'S MAN'S WORLD - IS IT YES OR IS IT NO ON KING 6035 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Chad Brock - Yes US $1.26 Buy It Now 4h 42m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout ratings distribution

YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout reviews

Review by CCVP
3 stars Good Single, but just good

This 76 single is a true gem of progressive rock. That is because, in Brazil, the 'single' industry have always been denied. That deny is so big that today is still hard to find singles of any kind, so the only way (or the most common way) to buy songs from the artist you like (studio songs, live songs, edits of any kind, etc) is through full-length albums. This was also true during the 70's, and that is why i bought this single in a all-vinyl store: because theses things are damn hard to find, specially this old.

The songs in this single are considerably good versions of the studio songs. On side 1 we have a part of the song THE GATES OF DELIRIUM called Soon; Soon was taken directly from THE GATES, just as if you are listening it from the album Relayer, and it is a good song.Also on side 1 there is a radio edit of the song Sound Chaser, also from the album Relayer; although this radio edit is not as good as the full length song from the studio album, it is also considerably good. Though side 1 is good, the highlights of the single go to the live version of Roundabout that fills the whole side 2 (what can i say? Roundabout is one of Yes's best songs, it IS the best song of this single and this live version is very good).

Grade and Final Thoughts

Since this single is god, but does not brings anything new to the table, it is fair to give it the three star grade.

Send comments to CCVP (BETA) | Report this review (#180622) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars I remember I had this single in the 70īs. A friend gave it to me. It was not remarkable in any kind, but, believe it or not, Soon was used in a soap opera soundtrack and it became quite popular. A lot of people in Brazil still remembers this segment of The Gates Of Delirium, but I really rather hear the whole epic instead. The same goes for the edit version of Sound Chaser.

The live rendition of Roundabout is ok. I love this song, but this version did not add much to the studo origonal or its counterpart on Yessongs. So today I think this single is worth for its rarety. Therefore I think I can only recommended it for collectors and those fans who have to have everything that was put out with the bandīs name.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#186181) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 17, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Soon/Sound Chaser/Roundabout' - Yes (Single)

I've always been in the school of thought that the finale of Yes' epic 'The Gates Of Delirium,' entitled 'Soon' was one of the most beautiful things the band has ever done in their entire career. While it's nice to have that section of the epic on it's own for individual consumption, it's suprising to see how much is taken away from the song once it's context is taken away. Still, very aesthetic and moving. Bottom line is that it's better on 'Relayer,' though.

Having a radio edit of 'Sound Chaser' is pretty funny, to be honest. At it's original 9 minute length, there were too many musical ideas in it to sound cohesive at all, and that really hurt it's original album for me. While I appreciate the effort trying to clean up that mess, it doesn't work for me.

Finally, the Roundabout performance is nice; something to attract the 'casual' listener. Still, nothing worth the purchase of the EP. The music is good for the most part, but it's best to stick to 'Relayer' and leave this forgotten release alone.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#250400) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009

3 stars A Yes release from 1976, which contains the "Soon" part of "Gates of Delerium" from RELAYER and a radio edit of "Sound Chaser" from the same album. Also a live version of "Roundabout" is on this. This is definately considered a for fans-only and collectors release. "Soon" is my least favorite part o ... (read more)

Report this review (#749369) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout"