SOON - SOUND CHASER - ROUNDABOUT

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1976

Side 1

1. Soon - from THE GATES OF DELIRIUM (4:06)
2. Sound Chaser - Radio Edit (3:10)

Side 2

1. Roundabout - Live (8:20)

Search YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout lyrics

Search YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards
- Alan White / drums
- Steve Howe / guitars

Atlantic Records - 1976

Thanks to ccvp for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout Music

Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Jon Anderson (vocals YES) 2002 The More You Know [used CD] MAKE AN OFFER! US $1.42 Buy It Now 32m 25s
Yes Close to the Edge 1972 1st George Piros USA Press, ULTRASONIC CLEAN, EXC US $35.00 Buy It Now 36m 16s
Yes Yesterdays Porky Press 1974, STEAM CLEANED, VG+, Original US $7.99 [0 bids]
36m 16s
Vintage Rock Jon Anderson YES Tormato Vinyl LP 33 Record Album 12 inch FRAME IT! US $2.99 Buy It Now 43m 19s
Yes(Vinyl LP)90125-ATCO-790125 1-US-VG+/VG US $13.58 Buy It Now 43m 51s
Bobby Womack I Don't Know b/w Yes Jesus Loves Me 7" Vinyl Single Made In USA US $1.68 [1 bids]
52m 5s
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 54m 44s
Ricardo Scales - Yes Im Ready (1994) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 55m 30s
TERI DeSARIO Yes Im Ready CASABLANCA Recor 70's SOUL 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 57m 36s
Yes New York (U.S. Version), Various Artists, Good Explicit Lyrics US $4.62 Buy It Now 59m 45s
Yes(Vinyl LP Gatefold 1st Issue)The Yes Album-Atlantic-2400 101-UK-Ex/Ex- US $96.89 Buy It Now 1h
James Pastell(7"Vinyl)Hell Yes I Cheated / Woman Of The World-VG/Ex US $6.78 Buy It Now 1h 2m
TOMMY DORSEY & HIS ORCHESTRA YES INDEED! #LPM1229 VG++/EX RCA RECORDS US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
UNPLAYED* MINT* BEATLES*TICKET TO RIDE / YES IT IS**STAR LINE X 6288**1981**** US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
GTR S/T LP STEVE HOWE STEVE HACKETT SEALED YES GENESIS US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BILL BRUFORD FEELS GOOD TO ME LP YES KING CRIMSON ALLAN HOLDSWORTH US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
YELLO-YOU GOTTA SAY YES TO ANOTHER EXCESS-UK 2005 CD-DIGIPAK+6 BONUS TRACKS-MINT US $10.18 Buy It Now 1h 13m
PET SHOP BOYS - YES - CD - NEW US $15.19 Buy It Now 1h 15m
45 RECORD GLORIA MANN- I LOVE YOU YES I DO US $27.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
1972 Swallow Yes, I'll Say It / Aches and Pains Warner WB-7613 45 rpm NM Vinyl US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Ben E King(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Ecstasy / Yes-UK-Ex/VG+ US $23.78 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Valerie Mountain(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Some People / Yes You Did-UK-Ex/VG+ US $8.48 Buy It Now 1h 21m
RABBITT A Croak & A Grunt In The Night LP Trevor Rabin pre Yes US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
PROMO WHITE LABEL / BACCARA YES SIR I CAN BOOGIE / 7INCH 45RPM / CARA MIA US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS, DIG? /YES SOLO/ LP 1989 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX-/EX/EX US $14.43 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Yes - Fragile DVD Audio US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
YES first album SACD with FREE bit-perfect DSD and Hi-Rez PCM backups US $21.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Yes Going for the One ARCHIVE MASTER 1977 Audiophile, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! US $55.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Yesterdays [Remaster] by Yes (CD, 2006, ICRecords C.A. (Label) Colombia) US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE MINT CHICKS - CRAZY? YES! DUMB? NO! - NEW CD US $14.34 Buy It Now 1h 55m
YES The Yes Album LP EX+ GER 1980s Atlantic Gatefold Sleeve w/ Inner Sleeve US $25.48 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Tomorrow feat Keith West Steve Howe Japan Promo White Label Vinyl LP Yes Twink US $89.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
1983 YES It Can Happen (Edited Version) / Same 7" 45 rpm ATCO 7-99745 NM US $4.12 Buy It Now 2h 3m
1987 Merry Clayton Yes / Same 7" 45 rpm PROMO RCA 6989-7-RAA NM Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Yes Going For The One Israeli Israel LP EX Prog Listen US $14.24 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Fragile by Yes (Cassette, Aug-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $19.95 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Yes - Yes Album LP UK ORIG 71 PLUM & RED ATLANTIC prog US $85.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
YES Don't Kill The Whale / Release Release 7" 45 rpm Atlantic 3534 NM- Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart Max Graham's Sidechain Remix 12" MG-2004 NM- Tested US $4.12 Buy It Now 2h 10m
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE NEW CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 2h 10m
PET SHOP BOYS * PANDEMONIUM TOUR PROGRAMME * 2009/10 * HTF! * YES US $110.50 Buy It Now 2h 12m
YES 90125 JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000) Acceptable US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 16m
JON ANDERSON "OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW" 1976 LP YES PROG excellent vinyl US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Yes Union Japan CD w/obi kimited edtion BVCZ-8 US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Yasmine Garbi CD Yes 1998 Japan OBI POCP 7248 JAPAN CD OBI G300 US $5.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Family Album by Yes US $6.07 Buy It Now 2h 29m
RICK WAKEMAN "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH" GATEFOLD 1974 YES PROG EX US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song 7" Single 1983 US $16.32 Buy It Now 2h 30m
1976 Elvin Bishop Keep It Cool / Yes Sir Capricorn CPS-0269 45 rpm NM Vinyl US $3.30 Buy It Now 2h 36m
The Yes Album Original Vinyl Record Album US $7.99 [1 bids]
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE ORIGINAL LP STILL IN SHRINK WRAP 1972 US $249.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Jimmy Osmond Mint Vinyl Promo 45(1974)-Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Claus US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 47m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE 3 CD LOT (YES I AM/YOUR LITTLE SECRET/SELF TITLED) LIKE NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
1982 SYNTH-POP Yes - 90125 LP OWNER OF A LONELY HEART VG/VG POP ROCK orig inner US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Going For The One SD19106 Album LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 55m
YES MINISTER US $5.08 Buy It Now 2h 55m
YES Westwood One Superstar LIVE Concert Series 2 CD Show 03-28 RADIO SHOW MASTER US $56.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Various Artists - Yes Tribute Tales From Yesterday CD NEW (UK Import) US $12.15 Buy It Now 3h
Yes "90125" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 6m
45 Record YES - ROUNDABOUT/LONG DISTANCE RUN AROUND - VG+ US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Ben Webster "For The Guv'nor" Volume Two Yes To Jazz Lp #10044 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Various - Yes Family Tree (2012) 2CD NEW/SEALED Digipack SPEEDYPOST US $11.85 Buy It Now 3h 15m
YES - Union - CD - VG++ BMG Issue US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
YES-TORMATO-RARE ORIGINAL BLACK YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE 1979 PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Yes - The Ladder (1999) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.66 Buy It Now 3h 43m
RUSH t-shirt progressive rock Dream Theater Yes Genesis Queensryche Geddy Lee US $8.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Magnification (2002) 2CD Limited Numbered Edition NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $18.62 Buy It Now 3h 47m
POLYPHONIC SPREE - YES IT'S TRUE NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 3h 50m
YES DRAMA atlantic 80 A11B11 Lp NEX US $13.58 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Elsinore-"Yes Yes Yes" / 12" LP / Indie Pop / SEALED! Parasol Records 2010 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Symphonic Live (2012) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $9.47 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Gloria Mann-Eath Angel/I Love You Yes I Do 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Yes Big Generator 1987 DMM Precision 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $55.00 Buy It Now 4h
CORNELL CAMPBELL Yes I Will RARE MICRON LP~WHITE COVER~LISTEN US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Yes Fitness Music Aerobic Instructor 32 Count Music CD Exercise US $3.99 [1 bids]
45RPM PROMO BabyFace/Yes sir That's My Baby 033112EL US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Highway 101 45 Just Say Yes PICTURE SLEEVE US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Rock Promo 45 THE BARRY SISTERS Yes, My Darling Daughter on Roulette (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 12m
TREVOR RABIN Interview with Dan Neer PROMO LP prog YES US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
1961 Sensations Let Me In / Oh Yes I'll Be True ARGO Canada A-5405X 45 rpm NM- US $27.50 Buy It Now 4h 21m
1962 Ben E. King Ecstasy / Yes ATCO 45-6215 45 rpm VG+ Vinyl US $7.70 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Fats Domino R & B 45 (Imperial 5492) Yes, My Darling/Don't You Know I Love You US $6.95 Buy It Now 4h 26m
GEORGE STRAIT-CHECK YES OR NO JUKE BOX TITLE STRIP US $0.75 [1 bids]
MELISSA ETHERIDGE**YES I AM**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 4h 38m
RICK WAKEMAN A Spirant Sunshadows 1990 GERMANY CD issue yes US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
BURNIN' DAYLIGHT Love Worth Fighting For / Say Yes CURB used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Lot of 3 albums LP YES 'TORMATO' DRAMA' 'Tales From Topographic Oceans' +1 US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
TREACHEROUS THREE - YES WE CAN-CAN - SUGARHILL RECORDS-596 US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
1958 Fats Domino Yes My Darling / Don't You Know I Love Imperial X5492 NM- Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 4h 59m
LP Alice Cooper - Amon Duul II - Yes - etc PR-229 PROMO ATLANTIC/ATCO EB163 US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
JON ANDERSON - Hold On To Love | RARE Yes Columbia promo 45 EX US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Yes - The Yes Album CD/DVD set 2014 remaster with Rare Live US $32.52 Buy It Now 5h 9m
My Heart Says Yes US $10.49 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Queensryche ' Operation Mindcrime' Japan CD.Obi.CP32-5618.rush,dream theater,yes US $12.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout ratings distribution

YES Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout reviews

Review by CCVP
3 stars Good Single, but just good

This 76 single is a true gem of progressive rock. That is because, in Brazil, the 'single' industry have always been denied. That deny is so big that today is still hard to find singles of any kind, so the only way (or the most common way) to buy songs from the artist you like (studio songs, live songs, edits of any kind, etc) is through full-length albums. This was also true during the 70's, and that is why i bought this single in a all-vinyl store: because theses things are damn hard to find, specially this old.

The songs in this single are considerably good versions of the studio songs. On side 1 we have a part of the song THE GATES OF DELIRIUM called Soon; Soon was taken directly from THE GATES, just as if you are listening it from the album Relayer, and it is a good song.Also on side 1 there is a radio edit of the song Sound Chaser, also from the album Relayer; although this radio edit is not as good as the full length song from the studio album, it is also considerably good. Though side 1 is good, the highlights of the single go to the live version of Roundabout that fills the whole side 2 (what can i say? Roundabout is one of Yes's best songs, it IS the best song of this single and this live version is very good).

Grade and Final Thoughts

Since this single is god, but does not brings anything new to the table, it is fair to give it the three star grade.

Send comments to CCVP (BETA) | Report this review (#180622) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars I remember I had this single in the 70´s. A friend gave it to me. It was not remarkable in any kind, but, believe it or not, Soon was used in a soap opera soundtrack and it became quite popular. A lot of people in Brazil still remembers this segment of The Gates Of Delirium, but I really rather hear the whole epic instead. The same goes for the edit version of Sound Chaser.

The live rendition of Roundabout is ok. I love this song, but this version did not add much to the studo origonal or its counterpart on Yessongs. So today I think this single is worth for its rarety. Therefore I think I can only recommended it for collectors and those fans who have to have everything that was put out with the band´s name.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#186181) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 17, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Soon/Sound Chaser/Roundabout' - Yes (Single)

I've always been in the school of thought that the finale of Yes' epic 'The Gates Of Delirium,' entitled 'Soon' was one of the most beautiful things the band has ever done in their entire career. While it's nice to have that section of the epic on it's own for individual consumption, it's suprising to see how much is taken away from the song once it's context is taken away. Still, very aesthetic and moving. Bottom line is that it's better on 'Relayer,' though.

Having a radio edit of 'Sound Chaser' is pretty funny, to be honest. At it's original 9 minute length, there were too many musical ideas in it to sound cohesive at all, and that really hurt it's original album for me. While I appreciate the effort trying to clean up that mess, it doesn't work for me.

Finally, the Roundabout performance is nice; something to attract the 'casual' listener. Still, nothing worth the purchase of the EP. The music is good for the most part, but it's best to stick to 'Relayer' and leave this forgotten release alone.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#250400) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009

3 stars A Yes release from 1976, which contains the "Soon" part of "Gates of Delerium" from RELAYER and a radio edit of "Sound Chaser" from the same album. Also a live version of "Roundabout" is on this. This is definately considered a for fans-only and collectors release. "Soon" is my least favorite part o ... (read more)

Report this review (#749369) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Soon - Sound Chaser - Roundabout"