KURKI

Kurki

Kurki Kurki album cover

Buy KURKI Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Kaukaisen maan laulut (5:33)
2. Pilvilaivat (9:21)
3. Akasha (7:48)
4. Koti (6:15)
5. Perhosen siiven kuvioissa (5:46)

Search KURKI Kurki lyrics

Search KURKI Kurki tabs

Kaiti Kink / vocals
Jussi Heino / keyboards, guitar
Juho Järvensivu / guitar
Lauri Heikkilä / bass
Pasi Piitulainen / drums

available on 12" vinyl or mp3 download only
record label is Olo Levyt (OLOLP-001)

Thanks to Dean for the addition

KURKI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KURKI Kurki Music

More places to buy KURKI music online Buy KURKI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KURKI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KURKI Kurki ratings distribution

KURKI Kurki reviews

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars As it frequently happens these days, young bands amaze me more than veterans, nevermind the genre. Finnish 'cranes', KURKI, lead by a gorgeous girl (yep, female vocals!), is a kind of such band too. I don't even know their names (and the exact number of musicians, too!), but all I know is that they're wonderful. Imagine a mix of late ANEKDOTEN, early LANDBERK, folksy ESPERS and post-trip- hoppy PAATOS, and you'll get the idea of KURKI's manner of playing music. As usual, there's more than this; lush arrangements, gentle melodies, top-notch musicianship, and the result is 35 minutes of a pure bliss! Besides, if you're lucky to get the vinyl version (there are no CDs, only vynil and digital download versions of KURKI's debut album), spot the artwork, it's nothing but brilliant! I'm happy to notice such good debuts this year from EQUUS, DAY WITHOUT DAWN (already defunct, ha-ha) and now KURKI, astonishing Finnish melancholic Modern Prog! 4,5 stars! Extremely recommended!!!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#189099) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 13, 2008

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover and E&O Teams
4 stars As soon as I overcame one personal problem (kurki means plural form of "edge of sliced bread, this darker and more thick part", which is quite laughable) and shook off happy mood, I was prepared to enter these dark Finnish waters (I wonder, is there something optimistic from this country ? Perfect music, indeed, but is there something happy, warm and pleasing ?).

This is probably Heavy Prog. Maybe blend of more types, but what's important, manages to bring mystery, energy-like style into my mind. Woman vocals are almost hypnotic, these are psychedelic traits. With ambient passages, or more like these "calm-to-maximum-extent" parts, where you can almost hear wind blowing, slow saxophone playing (Pilviaivat)

Oh, these names are quite hard to spell, or write, but Finnish language is pleasant to hear. I know this for some time because of other F. bands, but this is perhaps first modern bands from this country I'm listening, so I'm pleased. Of course, every female vocals in prog can please a soul of man, as they are rare here (as much as probably in every genre, except pop). I can guess that these songs, feeling I have about this album is, well, ambiguous, divided. I like it, but at the same moment I don't exactly know what I like (just non-certain bits), leaving me little bit unsatisfied. But (now comes this weird point) also satisfied, as I said, more meaning of this music, a lot of feeling you are put through at the same moment.

And that's good thing, so 4(+) with leaning towards five star.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#244511) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 13, 2009

3 stars Strange thing is how fast the music flows - the track lengths feel like they're half of the real length, though there isn't even notably very different phases. Kaukaisen maan laulut (1.) is much like Hidria Spacefolk, combined with somehow ethereal female vocals and some Kingston-Wall-like ins ... (read more)

Report this review (#185058) | Posted by progressive | Wednesday, October 08, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KURKI "Kurki"