TIME

- Tim Harries / bass, keyboards, vocals
- Liam Genockey / drums, percussion

1996 CD Shanachie 79099
1996 CD Park 34

Thanks to zafreth for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

STEELEYE SPAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEELEYE SPAN Time Music

Wintersmith: In Collaboration with Terry PratchettWintersmith: In Collaboration with Terry Pratchett
Park UK 2013
Extra tracks · Import
Castle Music UK 2003
Another Parcel of Steeleye SpanAnother Parcel of Steeleye Span
EMI Import 2010
BIB & TUCK Maddy Prior + Girls of Steeleye Span Rare CD 2002 Folk collectable US $17.82 Buy It Now 42m 17s
Martin Carthy Crown of Horn LP Topic UK 12TS300 Stereo Steeleye Span US $24.98 Buy It Now 1h 2m
STEELEYE SPAN - PLEASE TO SEE THE KING , MOONCREST 1971 , EX/EX ,LP US $14.01 Buy It Now 2h 12m
STEELEYE SPAN Original Masters Double Vinyl LP Chrysalis CJT3 US $19.88 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Steeleye Span - Rave On - B&C CB-164 UK 7" EP - rare release US $49.40 Buy It Now 3h 36m
STEELEYE SPAN - ROCKET COTTAGE LP - 1978 - CANADA US $2.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN - LIVE AT LAST , CHRYSALIS 1978 , VG++/VG++ ,LP US $6.55 Buy It Now 4h 27m
STEELEYE SPAN - PARCEL OF ROGUES , CHRYSALIS GREEN 1973 , EX/VG++ ,LP US $6.55 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Steeleye Span - 2 LPS Below The Sale Gatefold & Parcel Of Rogues Gatefold Origs. US $5.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN All Around My Hat 1975 Chrysalis LP CHR 1091 EXC-/EXC w/lyrics US $4.50 Buy It Now 8h 44m
STEELEYE SPAN 'PARCEL OF ROGUES' UK GATE 1973 FOLK INSERT VINYL LP *STUNNING* US $9.32 [0 bids]
9h
Steeleye Span - Portfolio - EAN 5013136164725 {CD Album} 0514-JL-70 US $8.27 Buy It Now 11h 16m
Steeleye Span - Another Parcel of 2010 Remaster (NEW CD) US $24.02 Buy It Now 14h 13m
STEELEYE SPAN STORM FORCE TEN ORIG ITALY EDITION FOLK ROCK CHRYSALIS LABEL LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Steeleye Span - Another Parcel Of Steeleye Span NEW CD US $19.58 Buy It Now 15h 8m
TIM HART & MADDY PRIOR FOLK SONG OF OLD ENGLAND #2 UK MOONCREST LP STEELEYE SPAN US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 9m
ROCKET COTTAGE LP (VINYL) UK CHRYSALIS 1976, STEELEYE SPAN, Acceptable US $10.84 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Steeleye Span - Best Of CD *NEW* US $11.59 Buy It Now 16h 16m
Steeleye Span(7" Vinyl)Hard Times Of Old England / Cadgewith Anthem-VG/VG US $4.13 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Steeleye Span: Parcel Of Rogues LP- 1973. Gatefold Sleeve/Lyric Sheet. US $8.27 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN BELOW THE SALT chrysalis 72 A1UB1U UK Lp US $11.59 Buy It Now 18h 47m
STEELEYE SPAN Individually & Collectively 1st PRESS VINYL LP VG+/EX Charisma CS5 US $11.60 Buy It Now 18h 48m
STEELEYE SPAN SAILS OF SILVER chrysalis 80 A1B2 Lp MINT US $13.25 Buy It Now 20h 38m
STEELEYE SPAN ROCKET COTTAGE chrysalis 76 A2B2 Lp MINT US $19.88 Buy It Now 20h 42m
Steeleye Span-all around my hat.7" dj copy. US $11.60 Buy It Now 20h 51m
STEELEYE SPAN now we are six LP VG+ CHR 1053 Vinyl 1974 Record US $14.40 Buy It Now 22h 48m
STEELEYE SPAN all around my hat 7" Record Chrysalis Vinyl US $8.70 Buy It Now 22h 52m
STEELEYE SPAN "ORIGINAL MASTERS" 1977 DOUBLE GREATEST HITS LP* US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Sails Of Silver (Chrysalis UK Original LP 1980) Still Sealed! MINT US $16.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Time Span 2 Record LP folk (EX) US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span-All Around My Hat UK LP 1975 Original Green Chrysalis Label US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN 1982 CONCERT PROGRAMME SIGNED AND TICKET US $19.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span All Around My Hat LP US $11.60 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Storm Force Ten '77 8 Track Tape in Box NM- UK FOLK ROCK US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Rocket Cottage '76 UK FOLK MIKE BATT 8 Track Tape in Box SEALED M US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Live at Last '78 8 Track Tape in Box NM- UK FOLK ROCK US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - BELO THE SALT - CHRYSALIS-1008 - (1972) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - 7"Single - All Around My Hat/Black Jack Davy US $8.27 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Hark! the Village Wait Shanachie 79052 NM US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Below The Salt LP Chrysalis CHR 1008 (1972) VG+ gatefold US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Parcel of Rogues - Vinyl LP - VG++ US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Best Of inc All Around My Hat Gaudete + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $3.32 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN ROCKET COTTAGE LP NM SHRINK US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Below the Salt - Vinyl LP - VG++ US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
(TIM HART-S/T)-Maddy Prior/Steeleye Span/English folk -H4-LP US $13.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat 7" US $7.44 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - BELOW THE SALT LP - 1972 - CANADA US $2.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN-NOW WE ARE SIX-LP (IN SHRINK ) US $0.99 [1 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN - TEMPTED AND TRIED - NEW CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - LIVE AT LAST ! LP - 1978 - CANADA US $1.99 [0 bids]
Mark Williamson (Steeleye Span) 'Time Slipping By' 1994 SEALED NEW HTF GRP label US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Commoners Crown lp vinyl VG+ Original Release US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN All Around My Hat lp vinyl VG Original Release US $5.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Hark! The Village Wait CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Now We Are Six CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span: Below the Salt LP 12" British 1970's Folk Electric Rock. US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
10CC/Steeleye Span 1973 Hove Town Hall Concert Poster US $74.60 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Storm Force Ten LP CHRYSALIS 1977 Celtic Rock Essentil Maddy Prior US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Trebles: Steeleye Span : A Parcel Of 5 Albums 3CDs US $22.49 [0 bids]
Audiiophile STEELEYE SPAN All Around My Hat OMR HSM LP NM US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN / INDIVIDUALLY & COLLECTIVELY / 1972 CHARISMA LP A1/B1 US $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - ALL AROUND MY HAT 7" VINYL US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - FIGHTING FOR STRANGERS 7" VINYL US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - HARD TIMES OF OLD ENGLAND 7" VINYL US $8.27 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - SOMEWHERE IN LONDON 7" VINYL PS US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - THOMAS THE RHYMER 7" VINYL US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN-PLEASE TO SEE THE KING-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI iii US $74.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - RAVE ON / THE KING 7" VINYL EP US $7.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Now We Are Six LP - Chrysalis Records CHR 1053 - David Bowie US $3.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span - Now We Are Six (1991) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span original 2 sided Australian flyer from 1994 US $2.80 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - ALL AROUND MY HAT RARE DUTCH ISSUE CD 724348673428 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Snails of Silver "Promo Copy" EX+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN BELOW THE SALT 1972 Gatefold Sleeve CHR 1008 VINYL LP ALBUM US $15.28 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN All Around My Hat 1975 CHRYSALIS CHR.1091 VINYL LP Album US $19.71 Buy It Now 1 day
steeleye span - parcel of rogues - 12" vinyl gatefold album US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
THE WOODS BAND~V.Rare Folk CD~crest29~Rockburgh Records~STEELEYE SPAN~POGUES~NEW US $82.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Now We Are Six UK CHR 1053 1974 LP Vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN all around my hat CHR 1091 uk chrysalis 1975 LP PS EX/EX + insert US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN rocket cottage CHR 1123 uk chrysalis LP PS EX/EX US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN now we are six CHR 1053 A1U/B1U green label first uk LP PS EX/EX US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN parcel of rogues CHR 1046 uk chrysalis LP PS EX/EX US $14.84 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED 8-Track STEELEYE SPAN Commoners Crown UK PS US $21.98 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - All Around My Hat - Ex Con 7" Single US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span(7" Vinyl)Hard Times Of Old England / Cadgewith Anthem-VG/VG US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - Collection (1991 17 trk CD) Maddy Prior, Tim Hart, Martin Carthy US $8.27 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span Now We Are Six 747 Cassette US $1.64 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span/Now We Are Six/1974 Chrysalis LP/EX US $8.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Bedlam Born [CD New] US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - All around my hat - CD 1989 (NO BARCODE) US $3.32 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span - Please To See The King Lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN "PARCEL OF ROGUES" LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Steeleye Span Lp Parcel Of Rogues US $3.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span - Original Masters (1997) RARE CD OOP 2 CD ALBUM BEST OF US $32.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Hills of Greenmore: An Anthology by Steeleye Span (CD, Nov-1998, 2 Discs,... US $0.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN - Platinum Disc & Song Sheet - ALL AROUND MY HAT US $132.62 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN Below The Salt CHRYSALIS UK Orig LP EX US $1.24 [0 bids]
The Lark in the Morning: The Early Years by Steeleye Span (CD, Aug-2003, Castle) US $12.21 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN Spanfest At Kentwell 2007 UK promo only press & pictures data CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN - LARK IN THE MORNING - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy STEELEYE SPAN music online Buy STEELEYE SPAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEELEYE SPAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEELEYE SPAN Time ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(62%)

STEELEYE SPAN Time reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars After a 6 year absence from the studios (though some live albums did emerge during that time) Steeleye Span came back with a powerful CD that reminded everyone how talented and in good shape they still were. And, best of all, they brought back original singer Gay Woods to the fold - more than twenty five years after she left. As one can expect, the vocal lines are the highlight of this album: both female and male parts are superb, even if it was also clear the legendary Maddy Prior is still the star of the band.

This time the band decided to shed some of the bad decisions they made during the 80's and did a record like the old days: they picked up some great traditional songs and gave them such a beautiful and well crafted arrangements they become tunes of Steeleye Span. Very few groups could ever dream of doing those songs so well. The instrumental parts are also very strong, with Peter Knight's violin and Bob Johnsons's fine guitar lines the absolute strong points. Although the electric instrumentation is used full time, they do not make any concessions for commercialism: Time is pure Steeleye Span.

There are many excellent tracks here and the production is very good. My favorites are the strong opener The Prickly Bush, the great dueting vocals of Prior and Woods on The Old Maid In The Garret, the epic The Elf King, and the different, but gorgeous, The Water Is Wide (fine piano and violin parts). With a strong sense of direction, passionate interpretations and no fillers, this an album that showed Steeleye Span could still deliver an album as convincing and consistent as the ones it released during its heydey. 4 strong stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#185262) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 10, 2008

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars I sincerely agree with Tarcisio that this was a strong comeback album from STEELEYE SPAN. Have to admit I'm not deeply acquainted with the complete discography, but this was finally the first album (of the five I've listened to) that felt really good. The production is sharp and precise and in this case it works just fine, avoiding to be clinical or overpolished. The line-up works excellently together. The electric guitar player Bob Johnson is the main arranger/composer, while Peter Knight, an old-time member like the lovely Maddy Prior, has written two songs all by himself. The rest, as usual with this band, originates at least of their lyrics from the Traditional treasure box. Only 'Go From My Window' and 'Water Is Wide' were familiar tunes to me; those that were new to me are at least as fine songs. Two songs of eleven I found a bit too counryish up to my taste, especially the steadily galloping 'Harvest of the Moon'. Of an album nearly an hour long, that's pretty well!

I'm hesitating between three and four stars. Most likely I'd give four judged against the band's discography but the PA's definition "Good but non-essential" seems appropriate. Of course this album could be easily better, for example with some more emotional/ethereal songs and Maddy's voice more up front on the whole album.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#218765) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 29, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars "The singer may die, but the song will remain"

'Time' is a great title for this album as it was (at the time of its release) a very long time since Steeleye Span made an album as strong album as this. This is a return to the form of the bands prime time in the mid 70's and for me this has stood the test of time better than many of their early albums and remains one of my all time Steeleye favourites.

The production is strong and all the songs are very good. There is a surprisingly strong Rock drive in many of the songs due to powerful drumming and the strong presence of electric guitars and even piano. The distinctive lead vocals of Maddy Prior are here, of course, and they are stronger than ever. But there is nice mix between male and female vocals. An earlier member in Gay Woods, also sings on the album. This is obviously not a Prog album by any means but there is thankfully no All Around My Hat-type of song present. The songs are better developed than usual and we are treated to more extended instrumental sections.

The opener Prickly Bush, though a good song, repeats its chorus perhaps a couple of times too many. The same problem might be said to apply to a couple of the other tracks too, but overall it is more than acceptable. The longest track is Elf King with its eight and a half minutes and while it does not utilize this time to make anything truly progressive, it does feature excellent solos and it builds towards a bombastic ending. A great song!

There is a very nice variation on here too with everything from an up tempo reel to folky (power) ballads. The Water Is Wide is a song of the latter type with moving vocals that reminds of Sandy Denny.

There is not much more a Prog fan could reasonably ask of a Steeleye Span album!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#257213) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Now we are twenty six!

Following the 1989 album "Tempted and tried", Steeleye Span became dormant again for several years. The 25th Anniversary of their formation took place in 1995, the occasion being marked by a reunion concert featuring virtually everyone who had at one time been a member. With the "Tempted and tried" line up brought back together, they decided to record some material for a new album. Meanwhile, drummer Nigel Pegrum had decided to emigrate to Australia, his place being taken by Liam Genockey, formerly of Gillan.

Around this time, Maddy Prior was experiencing problems with her voice, so the opportunity was taken to bring founding member Gay Woods back on vocals too, resulting in the only album ever recorded by Steeleye Span to feature two lead female vocalists. Whether it was because of Wood's influence alone, or a common desire by the band as a whole, "Time" sees them reverting to the inclusion of more traditional material than of late, some of which comes from Ireland.

Listening to the opening acapella harmonies of "The prickly bush", we are reassured that Prior's voice is still very much intact, the main reason for Woods return apparently being to ease the load on Prior on tour. The song has the feel of a continuation of the "Now we are six" album, Johnson's lead guitar nuances in particular being from that era. The song, and esepcially its infectious chorus, provides immediate reassurance that Steeleye Span are still committed to their folk roots.

Woods and Prior combine superbly on "Old Maid in the Garrett" a finely crafted song of some amusement which demands the deadpan delivery it is afforded. Woods use of the bodhran here introduces a welcome addition to the percussion. The latter part of the track is the traditional "Tam lin" jig (which also appeared many years previously on Fairport's "Liege and Lief").

"Harvest of the moon" is an absolutely wonderful mid-paced camp-fire song with a superb melody and harmonies to die for. For me this simple refrain, which is made perfect by the way it is arranged, is an undoubted highlight of the album. "Underneath her apron" tells a traditional tale of a father's reaction to an unplanned pregnancy in typically candid fashion. Once again, the song takes us back to the Steeleye Span of the early 1970's.

"The cutty wren", sometimes titled "The hunting of the wren" is a traditional song of disputed origin and meaning. Once again the opportunity is taken to add a complex vocal arrangement, the sparse arrangement being accentuated by Woods contribution on bodhran. "Go from my window" is a variant of the traditional "One Night As I Lay On My Bed", a song covered by many noted musicians on either side of the Atlantic. Steeleye Span had recorded the song previously as "One night.." for the "Hark, the village wait" album. The song is delivered as a light ballad with picked accompaniment. Here, Prior's voice does sound slightly fragile, but this only adds to the appeal of the song. The unusual (for Steeleye Span) guitar sounds here are very effective.

The longest track on the album is the 8½ minute "The elf knight". While the lyrics here are from the traditional "Lady Isabel and the Elf Knight", the music is composed by band member Bob Johnson. The song tells a tale in traditional ballad form about a lady being lured by an evil elf, and of how she manages to overcome him where others have failed. Once again, the arrangement of the song is strong, this being the closest the album comes to a genuine prog folk piece.

"The water is wide" will for many be the most familiar of the traditional songs here. This 7½ minute version serves as a fine vehicle for the violin playing of Peter Knight. Maddy delivers her most emotive performance of the album, the only surprise being that it has taken so long for this song to find its way onto a Steeleye Span album. "You will burn" is really the only prosaic song here. There's nothing particularly wrong with this mid-paced dirge, it just fails to find a spark.

"Corbies" is another reworking of a track from "Hark, the village wait", there being titled "Twa corbies" (itself a variant of the traditional "The three ravens"). The closing "The song will remain" (not the similarly titled Led Zeppelin song "The song remains the same") is a suitably melancholy song of farewell. The male vocal lead suits the song well, the ladies providing harmonic backing. Beautiful.

"Time" is a welcome surprise. It is the best album recorded by the band since their early pioneering days, and indeed one of their finest albums. Those who thought that Steeleye Span's great days ended in the 1970's will surely reconsider after hearing this album.

Recommended.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#290007) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 12, 2010

Post a review of STEELEYE SPAN "Time"