TIME

- Tim Harries / bass, keyboards, vocals
- Liam Genockey / drums, percussion

1996 CD Shanachie 79099
1996 CD Park 34

Thanks to zafreth for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

STEELEYE SPAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEELEYE SPAN Time Music

Wintersmith: In Collaboration with Terry PratchettWintersmith: In Collaboration with Terry Pratchett
Park UK 2013
Extra tracks · Import
Castle Music UK 2003
Another Parcel of Steeleye SpanAnother Parcel of Steeleye Span
EMI Import 2010
STEELEYE SPAN - PORTFOLIO - SHANACHIE LBL - 2 LP SET - 1988 US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Steeleye Span vinyl LP album record Individually & Collectively UK CS5 US $34.81 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Steeleye Span Below The Salt - 1st - EX vinyl LP album record UK CHR1008 US $26.50 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Steeleye Span vinyl LP album record Parcel Of Rogues Australian L-34898 US $71.36 Buy It Now 3h 57m
A Stack of Steeleye Span, Steeleye Span, Good Import US $20.09 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Steeleye Span - Rocket Cottage 1976 NrMint/Ex Chrysalis CHR1123 US $13.27 Buy It Now 7h 12m
Steeleye Span - Bedlam Born (2000) - New - Compact Disc US $12.25 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Steeleye Span - Now We Are Six LP - Chrysalis Records CHR 1053 - David Bowie US $3.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span 1972-1977 Studio Albums UK vinyl LP album record 10 LP BUNDLE US $153.43 Buy It Now 8h 58m
STEELEYE SPAN -7"Single- Fighting For Strangers/The Mooncoin Jig, EX+ US $11.61 Buy It Now 9h 15m
STEELEYE SPAN THE BEST OF INCL GAUDETTE AND ALL AROUND MY HAT VINYL LP ALBUM US $9.29 Buy It Now 10h
STEELEYE SPAN please to see the king 1970s UK MOONCREST STEREO LP US $19.94 Buy It Now 10h 12m
STEELEYE SPAN - WINTER - PRKCD74 US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
STEELEYE SPAN LP advert & FRANK ZAPPA gig review 1973 A4 size 21x30cm cutting US $19.94 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Steeleye Span The Best Of Steeleye Span vinyl LP album record UK CHR1467 US $16.02 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Rocket Cottage Steeleye Span UK vinyl LP album record CHR1123 CHRYSALIS 1976 US $19.85 Buy It Now 10h 46m
STEELEYE SPAN Please To See The King MOONCREST VG++/NM- US $21.25 Buy It Now 11h 7m
STEELEYE SPAN Rocket Cottage CHRYSALIS NM/MINT! US $12.75 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Steeleye Span - Winter NEW CD US $19.38 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Steeleye Span 12 Original Classics RARE & WITHDRAWN Misprinted Germany LP LISTEN US $79.99 Buy It Now 11h 17m
STEELEYE SPAN - NOW WE ARE SIX / LP / 1974 US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 24m
STEELEYE SPAN PARCEL OF ROGUES RARE CANADA PRESSED VINYL LP+INNER NEAR MINT ITEM US $18.19 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Steeleye Span All Around My Hat - Green Label + I... UK vinyl LP record US $21.10 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Steeleye Span Now We Are Six - 1st vinyl LP album record UK CHR1053 CHRYSALIS US $23.18 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Steeleye Span -Hark !The Village Wait - US press free UK post US $17.61 Buy It Now 12h 58m
STEELEYE SPAN. ALL AROUND MY HAT. + INNER + INSERT. '75 US $16.60 Buy It Now 13h 3m
STEELEYE SPAN below the salt GATEFOLD US $14.94 Buy It Now 13h 7m
CHRYSALIS 70s rock PROMO 45 STEELEYE SPAN - Rag Doll - Four Seasons cover US $2.00 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN-THE BEST OF. ORIG CD. GREATEST HITS. ENGLISH FOLK/ROCK. EX CON US $3.31 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN - Parcel of Rogues 1973 LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 15h 21m
STEELEYE SPAN Concert Ticket Edinburgh MAY 15TH 1974 US $8.22 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN please to see the king LP MINT martin carthy maddy prior MOONCREST US $9.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span:Parcel of Rogues Japan CD Mini-LP Mint (jethro maddy prior tull Q US $75.00 Buy It Now 16h 55m
STEELEYE SPAN-ALL AROUND MY HAT-1975 UK 1ST PRESS!!! LOVELY CONDITION!! US $4.97 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span - Storm Force Ten VERY GOOD (VINYL ALBUM) US $13.27 Buy It Now 17h 33m
1973 FOLK ROCK Steeleye Span Parcel Of Rogues Vinyl LP VG / VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 11m
STEELEYE SPAN - All Around My Hat - Excellent Condition LP Record MFP 4157061 US $13.27 Buy It Now 18h 27m
STEELEYE SPAN: Storm Force Ten LP (UK, w/ insert & inner sleeve) Rock & Pop US $20.00 Buy It Now 18h 44m
STEELEYE SPAN: Back In Line (rock & pop LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 18h 44m
Steeleye Span Below The Salt vinyl LP 1972 Chrysalis Records VG+ US $7.95 Buy It Now 19h 27m
Steeleye Span-Recollections-LP-Chrysalis-L 37753-Og Sleeve-England-Vinyl Record US $9.56 Buy It Now 20h 56m
Steeleye Span-Back In Line-LP-Flutterby-2-Near Mint-Vinyl Record US $9.56 Buy It Now 20h 56m
Steeleye Span-Sails Of Silver-LP-Takoma-7097-Near Mint-Vinyl Record US $8.46 Buy It Now 21h
STEELEYE SPAN Live At Last LP EX 1978 US $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 9m
Steeleye Span-Rocket Cottage-LP-Chrysalis-CHR 1123-Vinyl Record US $12.08 Buy It Now 21h 12m
Steeleye Span-Please To See The King-LP-Big Tree-BTS 2004-Vinyl Record US $12.08 Buy It Now 21h 12m
Steeleye Span-Parcel Of Rogues-LP-Chrysalis-CHR 1046-Gatefold-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $10.55 Buy It Now 21h 50m
Steeleye Span-Now We Are Six-LP-Chrysalis-CHR 1053-Promo-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $10.55 Buy It Now 21h 50m
Steeleye Span ?- Rocket Cottage Chyrsalis CHR 1123 vinyl LP Mint- US $7.00 [0 bids]
22h
STEELEYE SPAN Time Span 2 LP Martin Carty Maddy Prior Tim Hart UK Folk Psych US $19.99 [0 bids]
GAY AND TERRY WOODS Tender Hooks LP Steeleye Span Irish Pressing Kate McGarrigle US $19.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span ?- Parcel Of Rogues ; Chyrsalis CHR 1046 vinyl LP Mint- US $8.00 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span STORM FORCE TEN Chrysalis CHR1151 Near Mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Now We Are Six - 1974 LP US $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN REL.: MADDY PRIOR & TIIM HART; SUMMER SOLSTICE LIKE NEW 1991 CD US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Now We Are Six US LP Chrysalis CHR 1053 '74 NM/NM Green Label US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Original Masters - CJT 3 - 2-LP Vinyl #steeleyespan US $19.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat - CD US $6.63 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat 7" 1975 Ex Chrysalis CHS2078 US $6.63 Buy It Now 1 day
SPRIGUNS Revel Weird And Wild LP/1976/Folk Rock/Mandy Morton/Trees/Steeleye Span US $45.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN-All Around My Hat/Black Jack Davy 7" EX Cond US $8.22 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN / HARD TIMES OF OLD ENGLAND / 1975 7" EX US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span - Now We Are Six - Beautiful NM LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN 'TEN MAN MOP OR MR RESERVOIR BUTLER RIDES AGAIN' 71 LP VG/VG US $1.64 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span-london.7" US $8.31 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN now we are six flyer uk park promotions 2011 double-sided flyer fo US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN now we are six flyer uk park promotions 2013 double-sided a5 flyer US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
LP-Steeleye Span-PLEASE TO SEE THE KING - Big Tree BTS 2004 - STUNNING! US $14.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN~ROCKET COTTAGE~1976~CHRYSALIS~ORIGINAL CASSETTE TAPE~GREEN PAPER US $8.29 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN LP-ALL AROUND MY HAT US $16.60 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN LP-PARCEL OF ROGUES US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN LP-BELOW THE SALT US $16.60 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN Parcel Of Rogues Mini LP CD Japan OOP Renaissance US $49.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN - BEST OF NEW CD US $17.38 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN below the salt LP NM original 1972 chrysalis CHR 1008 maddy prior US $9.99 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN....BELOW THE SALT....CHRYSALIS-LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEST OF STEELEYE SPAN LP UK EX+ US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
MADDY PRIOR AND THE CARNIVAL BAND- Hang Up Sorrow & Care CD (1995) Steeleye Span US $11.61 Buy It Now 1 day
STEELEYE SPAN - THE LARK IN THE MORNING: THE EARLY YEARS - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span Bleow The Salt Classic Rock w/ inners UK import RECORD LP VG++ US $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
1973 STEELEYE SPAN PARCEL OF ROGUES CHRYSALIS CHR-1046 VINYL LP VERY GOOD US $2.95 [0 bids]
Peer's Years Sampler #5 UK promo only publishing CD Buddy Holly Steeleye Span US $9.97 [0 bids]
STEELEYE SPAN Portfolio DOUBLE LP 1988 UK EXCELLENT CONDITION VINYL RECORD US $33.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Steeleye Span All Around My Hat CHR 1091 W/ Lyrics Insert Original US Pressing US $14.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span Ten Man Mop Or Mr. Reservoir Butler Rides Again CHR 1121 Orig US US $14.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span Please See The King BTR 2004 Original US Press US $14.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span Hark! The Village Wait CHR 1120 Orig US Press US $14.99 [0 bids]
Steeleye Span Live At Last! vinyl LP album record UK CHR1199 CHRYSALIS 1978 US $28.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Steeleye Span Parcel Of Rogues - 1st vinyl LP album record UK CHR1046 US $23.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Steeleye Span Original Masters 1977 Double LP Gatefold Inserts US $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN ~ All around my hat,UK LP in picture sleeve,Chrysalis records 1975 US $10.78 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN, ALL AROUND MY HAT-Chrysalis CHS2078 45 7 INCH VINYL RECORD EX 09 US $4.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Steeleye Span - Storm Force Ten [Chrysalis] (UK LP Ex. Vinyl) US $13.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Steeleye Span - Parcel Of Rogues [Chrysalis] (UK LP Ex. Vinyl) US $14.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Steeleye Span - Present NEW CD US $17.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Steeleye Span - Bedlam Born (c.2000 Audio CD) US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN following me 7" b/w two butchers (flut4) pic sleeve uk chrysalis 1 US $8.29 Buy It Now 2 days
7699340064266 The Very Best of Steeleye Span Present (2008) - 2 CD MINT FAST POS US $14.94 Buy It Now 2 days
BEST & THE REST OF FOLK MASTERS CD steeleye span,shirley collins,tim hart etc US $6.90 Buy It Now 2 days
STEELEYE SPAN: PLEASE TO SEE THE KING ~ Original 1971 BIG TREE LP ~ MINT US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy STEELEYE SPAN music online Buy STEELEYE SPAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEELEYE SPAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEELEYE SPAN Time ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(62%)

STEELEYE SPAN Time reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars After a 6 year absence from the studios (though some live albums did emerge during that time) Steeleye Span came back with a powerful CD that reminded everyone how talented and in good shape they still were. And, best of all, they brought back original singer Gay Woods to the fold - more than twenty five years after she left. As one can expect, the vocal lines are the highlight of this album: both female and male parts are superb, even if it was also clear the legendary Maddy Prior is still the star of the band.

This time the band decided to shed some of the bad decisions they made during the 80's and did a record like the old days: they picked up some great traditional songs and gave them such a beautiful and well crafted arrangements they become tunes of Steeleye Span. Very few groups could ever dream of doing those songs so well. The instrumental parts are also very strong, with Peter Knight's violin and Bob Johnsons's fine guitar lines the absolute strong points. Although the electric instrumentation is used full time, they do not make any concessions for commercialism: Time is pure Steeleye Span.

There are many excellent tracks here and the production is very good. My favorites are the strong opener The Prickly Bush, the great dueting vocals of Prior and Woods on The Old Maid In The Garret, the epic The Elf King, and the different, but gorgeous, The Water Is Wide (fine piano and violin parts). With a strong sense of direction, passionate interpretations and no fillers, this an album that showed Steeleye Span could still deliver an album as convincing and consistent as the ones it released during its heydey. 4 strong stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#185262) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 10, 2008

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars I sincerely agree with Tarcisio that this was a strong comeback album from STEELEYE SPAN. Have to admit I'm not deeply acquainted with the complete discography, but this was finally the first album (of the five I've listened to) that felt really good. The production is sharp and precise and in this case it works just fine, avoiding to be clinical or overpolished. The line-up works excellently together. The electric guitar player Bob Johnson is the main arranger/composer, while Peter Knight, an old-time member like the lovely Maddy Prior, has written two songs all by himself. The rest, as usual with this band, originates at least of their lyrics from the Traditional treasure box. Only 'Go From My Window' and 'Water Is Wide' were familiar tunes to me; those that were new to me are at least as fine songs. Two songs of eleven I found a bit too counryish up to my taste, especially the steadily galloping 'Harvest of the Moon'. Of an album nearly an hour long, that's pretty well!

I'm hesitating between three and four stars. Most likely I'd give four judged against the band's discography but the PA's definition "Good but non-essential" seems appropriate. Of course this album could be easily better, for example with some more emotional/ethereal songs and Maddy's voice more up front on the whole album.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#218765) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 29, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars "The singer may die, but the song will remain"

'Time' is a great title for this album as it was (at the time of its release) a very long time since Steeleye Span made an album as strong album as this. This is a return to the form of the bands prime time in the mid 70's and for me this has stood the test of time better than many of their early albums and remains one of my all time Steeleye favourites.

The production is strong and all the songs are very good. There is a surprisingly strong Rock drive in many of the songs due to powerful drumming and the strong presence of electric guitars and even piano. The distinctive lead vocals of Maddy Prior are here, of course, and they are stronger than ever. But there is nice mix between male and female vocals. An earlier member in Gay Woods, also sings on the album. This is obviously not a Prog album by any means but there is thankfully no All Around My Hat-type of song present. The songs are better developed than usual and we are treated to more extended instrumental sections.

The opener Prickly Bush, though a good song, repeats its chorus perhaps a couple of times too many. The same problem might be said to apply to a couple of the other tracks too, but overall it is more than acceptable. The longest track is Elf King with its eight and a half minutes and while it does not utilize this time to make anything truly progressive, it does feature excellent solos and it builds towards a bombastic ending. A great song!

There is a very nice variation on here too with everything from an up tempo reel to folky (power) ballads. The Water Is Wide is a song of the latter type with moving vocals that reminds of Sandy Denny.

There is not much more a Prog fan could reasonably ask of a Steeleye Span album!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#257213) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Now we are twenty six!

Following the 1989 album "Tempted and tried", Steeleye Span became dormant again for several years. The 25th Anniversary of their formation took place in 1995, the occasion being marked by a reunion concert featuring virtually everyone who had at one time been a member. With the "Tempted and tried" line up brought back together, they decided to record some material for a new album. Meanwhile, drummer Nigel Pegrum had decided to emigrate to Australia, his place being taken by Liam Genockey, formerly of Gillan.

Around this time, Maddy Prior was experiencing problems with her voice, so the opportunity was taken to bring founding member Gay Woods back on vocals too, resulting in the only album ever recorded by Steeleye Span to feature two lead female vocalists. Whether it was because of Wood's influence alone, or a common desire by the band as a whole, "Time" sees them reverting to the inclusion of more traditional material than of late, some of which comes from Ireland.

Listening to the opening acapella harmonies of "The prickly bush", we are reassured that Prior's voice is still very much intact, the main reason for Woods return apparently being to ease the load on Prior on tour. The song has the feel of a continuation of the "Now we are six" album, Johnson's lead guitar nuances in particular being from that era. The song, and esepcially its infectious chorus, provides immediate reassurance that Steeleye Span are still committed to their folk roots.

Woods and Prior combine superbly on "Old Maid in the Garrett" a finely crafted song of some amusement which demands the deadpan delivery it is afforded. Woods use of the bodhran here introduces a welcome addition to the percussion. The latter part of the track is the traditional "Tam lin" jig (which also appeared many years previously on Fairport's "Liege and Lief").

"Harvest of the moon" is an absolutely wonderful mid-paced camp-fire song with a superb melody and harmonies to die for. For me this simple refrain, which is made perfect by the way it is arranged, is an undoubted highlight of the album. "Underneath her apron" tells a traditional tale of a father's reaction to an unplanned pregnancy in typically candid fashion. Once again, the song takes us back to the Steeleye Span of the early 1970's.

"The cutty wren", sometimes titled "The hunting of the wren" is a traditional song of disputed origin and meaning. Once again the opportunity is taken to add a complex vocal arrangement, the sparse arrangement being accentuated by Woods contribution on bodhran. "Go from my window" is a variant of the traditional "One Night As I Lay On My Bed", a song covered by many noted musicians on either side of the Atlantic. Steeleye Span had recorded the song previously as "One night.." for the "Hark, the village wait" album. The song is delivered as a light ballad with picked accompaniment. Here, Prior's voice does sound slightly fragile, but this only adds to the appeal of the song. The unusual (for Steeleye Span) guitar sounds here are very effective.

The longest track on the album is the 8½ minute "The elf knight". While the lyrics here are from the traditional "Lady Isabel and the Elf Knight", the music is composed by band member Bob Johnson. The song tells a tale in traditional ballad form about a lady being lured by an evil elf, and of how she manages to overcome him where others have failed. Once again, the arrangement of the song is strong, this being the closest the album comes to a genuine prog folk piece.

"The water is wide" will for many be the most familiar of the traditional songs here. This 7½ minute version serves as a fine vehicle for the violin playing of Peter Knight. Maddy delivers her most emotive performance of the album, the only surprise being that it has taken so long for this song to find its way onto a Steeleye Span album. "You will burn" is really the only prosaic song here. There's nothing particularly wrong with this mid-paced dirge, it just fails to find a spark.

"Corbies" is another reworking of a track from "Hark, the village wait", there being titled "Twa corbies" (itself a variant of the traditional "The three ravens"). The closing "The song will remain" (not the similarly titled Led Zeppelin song "The song remains the same") is a suitably melancholy song of farewell. The male vocal lead suits the song well, the ladies providing harmonic backing. Beautiful.

"Time" is a welcome surprise. It is the best album recorded by the band since their early pioneering days, and indeed one of their finest albums. Those who thought that Steeleye Span's great days ended in the 1970's will surely reconsider after hearing this album.

Recommended.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#290007) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 12, 2010

Post a review of STEELEYE SPAN "Time"