MY POINT OF VIEW

Herbie Hancock

Herbie Hancock My Point of View album cover

Buy HERBIE HANCOCK Music
Studio Album, released in 1963

1. Blind Man, Blind Man (8:15)
2. A Tribute To Someone (8:40)
3. King Cobra (6:51)
4. The Pleasure Is Mine (4:00)
5. And What If I Don't (6:30)

Total time 34:16

Bonus track on 1999 remaster:
6. Blind Man, Blind Man (alternate take) (8:21)

Search HERBIE HANCOCK My Point of View lyrics

- Hank Mobley / tenor saxophone
- Grant Green / guitar
- Chuck Israels / bass
- Tony Williams / drums

Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on March 19, 1963.

Artwork: Reid Miles (design & photo)

LP Blue Note ‎- BLP 4126 (1963, US) Mono version
LP Blue Note ‎- BST 84126 (1963, US) Stereo version

CD Blue Note ‎- CDP 7 84126 2 (1987, US)
CD Blue Note ‎- 7243 5 21226 2 2 (1999, US)24-bit remaster by Rudy Van Gelder with a bonus track

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

HERBIE HANCOCK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HERBIE HANCOCK My Point of View Music

My Point of ViewMy Point of View
Import · Remastered
Blue Note Records 1999
My Point of ViewMy Point of View
Imports 2016
Vinyl$10.89
My Point of View by HERBIE HANCOCK (2014-11-19)My Point of View by HERBIE HANCOCK (2014-11-19)
Imports
Boxed Set 4CD My Point of View/Empyrean Isles/Maiden Voyage/Speak Like a Child by Herbie HancockBoxed Set 4CD My Point of View/Empyrean Isles/Maiden Voyage/Speak Like a Child by Herbie Hancock
EMI Gold

Herbie Hancock My Point of View NEW/SEALED FRENCH PRESSING Blue Note '63/'84 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 8h 19m
My Point Of View - Herbie Hancock 889397288617 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $12.66 Buy It Now 22h 24m
Herbie Hancock-My Point Of View CD NEW USD $12.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Hancock, Herbie - My Point Of View (Rvg) (NEW CD) USD $7.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Herbie Hancock My Point of View on Blue Note - Japan King LP GXK-8136 USD $31.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Herbie Hancock-My Point Of View VINYL NEW USD $23.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Herbie Hancock - My Point Of View CD (1999) Jazz (1963) USD $10.40 Buy It Now 2 days
My Point of View by Herbie Hancock (Vinyl, Jun-2016) USD $11.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Herbie Hancock - My Point Of View LP | Blue Note 4126 | OG Mono 61st | VG+ USD $299.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Point Of View - Herbie Hancock (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.85 Buy It Now 3 days
HERBIE HANCOCK My Point of View TOCJ-9147 CD JAPAN NEW USD $111.66 Buy It Now 4 days
Herbie Hancock - My Point of View (CD, Blue Note) USD $11.95 Buy It Now 5 days
My Point of View [VINYL] Herbie Hancock Vinyl USD $18.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Herbie Hancock - My Point of View [New CD] UK - Import USD $6.47 Buy It Now 6 days
Herbie Hancock - My Point of View [New CD] UK - Import USD $6.38 Buy It Now 6 days
Herbie Hancock My Point Of View CD+Bonus Track NEW SEALED Jazz Rudy Van Gelder USD $6.49 Buy It Now 7 days
HERBIE HANCOCK - MY POINT OF VIEW (UK) NEW VINYL USD $23.95 Buy It Now 8 days
My Point of View [Remaster] by Herbie Hancock (CD, Sep-1999, Blue Note (Label)) USD $4.90 Buy It Now 9 days
My Point of View [Remaster] by Herbie Hancock (CD, Sep-1999, Blue Note (Label)) USD $13.80 Buy It Now 10 days
Herbie Hancock My Point Of View reissue 180gm vinyl LP NEW/SEALED USD $26.16 Buy It Now 10 days
HERBIE HANCOCK - My Point of View, Import 180 Gram BLACK VINYL New USD $15.99 Buy It Now 11 days
HERBIE HANCOCK My Point Of View TEST PRESSING* NM BLUE NOTE France 1984 LP 84126 USD $45.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Herbie Hancock - My Point Of View [New Vinyl] UK - Import USD $14.66 Buy It Now 16 days
My Point of View by Herbie Hancock (Vinyl, Jun-2016) USD $17.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Herbie Hancock - My Point Of View New CD USD $7.59 Buy It Now 16 days
Herbie Hancock - My Point Of View [New Vinyl] UK - Import USD $16.29 Buy It Now 16 days
My Point of View [Remaster] by Herbie Hancock. USD $11.13 Buy It Now 18 days
My Point of View by Herbie Hancock. USD $14.65 Buy It Now 19 days
My Point Of View HERBIE HANCOCK Vinyl Record USD $23.36 Buy It Now 19 days
HERBIE HANCOCK - My Point of View - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 20 days
HERBIE HANCOCK - My Point of View - CD ** Brand New ** USD $48.49 Buy It Now 20 days
Herbie Hancock-My Point Of View (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $6.50 Buy It Now 20 days
My Point Of View 0724352122622 by Herbie Hancock, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $11.44 Buy It Now 21 days
Herbie Hancock "My Point Of View" Blue Note/Liberty Lp BST-84126 EX Cond USD $44.99 Buy It Now 22 days
MY POINT OF VIEW - HANCOCK, HERBIE - Vinyl LP USD $22.74 Buy It Now 24 days
HERBIE HANCOCK My Point Of View LP NEW VINYL Dol 180g Donald Byrd Hank Mobley G USD $23.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Herbie Hancock My Point Of View UK vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $34.43 Buy It Now 27 days
HERBIE HANCOCK - MY POINT OF VIEW [REMASTER] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $6.02 Buy It Now 27 days
HERBIE HANCOCK - My Point of View ~ BLUE NOTE 84126 ['vangelder' vinyl] - RARE USD $40.00 Buy It Now 27 days
My Point of View by Herbie Hancock (Vinyl, Jun-2016) USD $16.46 Buy It Now 27 days
Herbie Hancock My Point of View [Donald Byrd Hank Mobley] LP NEW 180g vinyl USD $22.95 Buy It Now 29 days
HERBIE HANCOCK MY POINT OF VIEW LP RECORD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 29 days
HERBIE HANCOCK - MY POINT OF VIEW [REMASTER] NEW CD USD $7.58 Buy It Now 29 days
Herbie Hancock-My Point Of View (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $16.47 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy HERBIE HANCOCK music online Buy HERBIE HANCOCK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

HERBIE HANCOCK My Point of View ratings distribution

HERBIE HANCOCK My Point of View reviews

Review by Kazuhiro
3 stars "Takin' Off" that had become a debut album for Herbie Hancock was an album with which the idea of man who said that created something new from Jazz at that time by it in the situation of Jazz that existed exactly in the flow of his a few greetings and modes Jazz was blocked.

If the flow of Jazz in the 1960's was considered, the technique for taking the rhythm of Rock and R&B from the element was standard of Jazz reformative at that time. There were a lot of musicians who took the element ..Free Jazz and Hip.. those element and of course one side. However, Jazz with the flow of Hip , for example, "Watermelon Man" might have had a presentiment of the revolution and the advancement of Jazz even as for the listener who did not know Herbie Hancock.

"Takin' Off" of the debut album of man who had announced in such a situation in 1962 will have been an album with the content that succeeded to some degree at that time. Time when he had relations with Blue Note was Donald Byrd and time when it had worked. And, it had work and the exchange since it debuted with musicians such as Donald Byrd, Grant Green, and Jackie Mclean that participated in the recording of this album.

His talent and technology since it debuted might have been admitted in a surrounding situation at once. Or, the talent of man who caught the exchange and the age with various musicians was shown at once. It appears remarkably in this album following "Takin' Off" though development from standard Jazz thinks at that time. The composition of the tune mainly composed of the mode that he tried in the debut album has succeeded of course to some degree. Additionally, the time of this album announced about one year later might changed very early as a situation in which Herbie hancock is surrounded.

Time when this album had been announced was time when work with Miles Davis had been exactly started. The talent of Herbie demonstrates the ability in "Seven Steps To Heaven" of Miles Davis. And, this album was announced in 1963 in almost the same time.

The musician who already has the exchange for Herbie Hancock is participating in the musician who is participating in the recording of this album. Additionally, it might be good as talent on whom the appointment of Tony Williams also bears the composition of the album. And, familiar, deep Chuck Israels has been appointed as a regular of Bill Evans. This combination might be a little unusual. However, musicians such as Grant Green and Hank Mobley merge to some degree when thinking about the entire content of the album. And, if true ability of the drum and Bass is demonstrated, I might feel the doubt a little as this rhythm section. However, the idea of Herbie Hancock and the musician's appointment were calculated indeed and might have been indispensable to execute the directionality of the music at which he aimed at that time concretely.

The tune with ..Hip of "Blind Man,Blind Man".. element might be a tune that pairs with "Watermelon Man". The impression to which the idea is brought in as it is by feeling to get on the flow of a situation a little at that time might be given. The rhythm might have been reformative as Jazz at that time.

"A Tribute To Someone" impressive the trumpet of Donald Byrd also draws mode Jazz at that time flow. This tune to develop the absorption of the part of ..standard.. Jazz already in addition to an active element might also reflect the times. Sax of Hank Mobley also puts out the tasty flavor.

"King Cobra" might be a very unique tune in this album. It deviates from the progress of a standard tune a little and the part of the mode is emphasized further. Each musician's Solo improves the impression of the tune. Ensemble has succeeded, too. By the way, it is said that the title of this tune is a car that Herbie Hancock took at that time.

It is a tune in which "The Pleasure Is Mine" also reflected the part of a mode at that time. A glossy theme and ensemble have a beautiful flow. The melody by Piano merges well in the tune. The element that doesn't end only by the part in which a simple ballade might be splendid. Trombone player's Grachan Moncur also contributes to the tune.

"And What If I Don't" that decorates the end of the album is a tune with the element of Blues. However, neither the theme nor ensemble with the wind instrument will end only by a simple part. And, it gives in it and the melody of an object guitar gives the tune a deep part further.

The album of Herbie Hancock at that time of this has the part of a few greetings. The talent is gradually shown and the part and the idea are evaluated every time the work is announced further.

Post a review of HERBIE HANCOCK "My Point of View"