GETTING TO THE POINT

- Jeff Lynne / vocals, guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, piano
- Bev Bevan / drums, percussion
- Richard Tandy / keyboards

UK: Epic A 7317

Thanks to progaardvark for the addition

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Getting to the Point Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Out Of The BlueOut Of The Blue
Light Years: The Very Best ofLight Years: The Very Best of
Epic Europe 1997
TimeTime
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 2001
Mr Blue Sky: The Very Best of Electric Light OrchestraMr Blue Sky: The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra
FRONTIERS 2012
On the Third DayOn the Third Day
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 2006

More places to buy ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA music online Buy ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Getting to the Point ratings distribution

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Getting to the Point reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars Getting to the Point, a song from ELO`s last album from the eighites called Balance of Power, is in my opinion, the best song from this underrated album. Good lyrics, good piano, good backing keyboards, and with all vocals sung by Jeff Lynne. It is really a sad song, sung with feeling by Lynne. I think that the lyrics, like most of the songs from this album, are about a broken relationship. I don`t know if Lynne was separating then from his wife or not, but the lyrics of this song sound to me that way. I don`t know how successful was this song in the singles charts. In fact, I never have listened to this song being broadcasted by Oldies FM Radio stations in my city, and I never listened to it being played in the FM stations in 1986.

Secret Lives is also a good song with lyrics which are about a broken relationship too. This song also has very good vocals by Lynne.

This single is more for the Pop Rock fans of ELO during the eighties. There is almost nothing of Progressive Rock in these songs, but despite this, ELO`s music from their last album from the eighties was very good, at least for me, I think.

By 1986, ELO wasn`t as popular as years before. Maybe that was one of the reasons that made Lynne split the band in 1988.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#187271) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1 stars More power-electric pop from Jeff Lynne. I have the album these tunes came from, BALANCE OF POWER, and it has it's moments, but I don't really think either of these 2 songs are the best that album had to offer. If I had to pick the best, I would go with "Calling America" or "Is it Alright". Ne ... (read more)

Report this review (#297856) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, September 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA "Getting to the Point"