LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970

7. It's a Boy
8. 1921
9. Amazing Journey
10. Sparks
11. Eyesight to the Blind(The Hawk)
12. Christmas
Disc 2
1. The Acid Queen
2. Pinball Wizard
3. Do You Think It's Alright
4. Fiddle About
5. Tommy Can You Hear Me?
6. There's a Doctor

- Roger Daltrey / vocals, harmonica
- John Entwistle / bass guitar, vocals
- Pete Townshend / guitar, vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, vocals

Thanks to cacho for the addition

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 Music

Who Are YouWho Are You
Extra tracks · Remastered
Mca 1996
Who Is Your Superhero 03 2 CD Video Stephan Mathieu LOW US $39.99 Buy It Now 32m 5s
Taylor,Johnnie - Who's Making Love [CD New] US $9.36 Buy It Now 33m 19s
Travis - Man Who (2004) 13 US $5.49 Buy It Now 33m 26s
A-Team - Who Re-Framed The A-Team? [CD New] US $10.12 Buy It Now 34m 50s
A Flock Of Seagulls Who's That Girl UK 3 mixes 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 36m 6s
George Jones Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes & Wine Colored Roses rare LP's great US $16.99 [0 bids]
37m 3s
THE GUESS WHO - GREATEST HITS [RCA] [THE GUESS WHO] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $7.01 Buy It Now 37m 46s
Beatles Zeppelin The Who Plus Other Vintage & Rare 45's From The 60's & 70's!!! US $85.99 [0 bids]
38m 8s
Icon - Who US $6.20 Buy It Now 38m 29s
ERIC MCFADDEN / Who's Laughing Now? 1996 CHEEZEWEASEL MUSIC US $12.00 [0 bids]
38m 56s
Pete Townshend cassette tape, Psychoderelict, sealed, NEW, mint, The Who US $2.99 [0 bids]
39m 15s
ROGER DALTREY The WHO 3 LP Lot Ride a Rock Horse Under Raging Moon Parting US $19.99 Buy It Now 39m 42s
ROGER DALTREY UNDER A RAGING MOON THE WHO ATLANTIC 1985 US $1.99 [0 bids]
39m 46s
PETE TOWNSHEND Empty Glass LP THE WHO US $15.19 Buy It Now 39m 55s
THE JAM Just Who Is The 5 O'Clock Hero? Ex Polydor 1982 P/S EP US $6.74 Buy It Now 40m
WHO'S THAT GIRL OST 1987 JAPAN CD 32XD MADONNA US $19.99 Buy It Now 41m 20s
Quadrophenia [The Director's Cut Super Deluxe Edition] by Who (The) (CD,... US $139.85 Buy It Now 43m 52s
Dr. John - Who Was Mac Rebennack? [CD New] US $12.38 Buy It Now 45m 37s
WOODSTOCK OST JAPAN 2 CD OBI 3378yen 32P2 JOE COCKER THE WHO JOAN BAEZ SANTANA US $49.99 Buy It Now 47m 4s
CILLA BLACK, ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART ,7" VINYL US $0.42 [1 bids]
50m 58s
DIDO - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $25.31 Buy It Now 56m 19s
TEXAS IS THE REASON-Do You Know Who You Are? Complete Coll CD-NEW US $18.58 Buy It Now 1h
70's Rock Lot 5 LP Styx, The Who, Supertramp All ULTRASONIC Cleaned, VG-EXC 19 US $16.99 [0 bids]
1h
K-TEL LP COMEDY CLASSICS FAVORITE ROUTINES WHO'S ON FIRST BY ABBOTT COSTELLO +++ US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h
DEAN MARTIN I'm The One Who Loves You Ex Reprise 1965 UK LP US $11.80 Buy It Now 1h 3m
THE WHO ENDLESS WIRE RARE ORIGINAL OFFICIAL RECORD COMPANY POSTER US $13.49 Buy It Now 1h 5m
AC/DC Who Made Who Maximum Overdrive Soundtrack 1986 RCA Press, ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $17.60 Buy It Now 1h 5m
RUSSIAN ORTHODOX MUSIC ~ WHO IS A GREAT A GOD AS OUR GOD 2CD DELUXE NEW US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Burton Cummings debut Rare LP great condition the Guess Who US $9.99 [0 bids]
Andrew Jackson Jihad - People Who Can Eat People Are (2007) - Used - Compac US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 9m
THE BEATLES JOHN LENNON MCCARTNEY HARRISON 3 X RARE OZ MAGS AUSTRALIAN WHO MOJO US $11.15 [0 bids]
78 RPM RECORD/5) DORIS DAY / WHO WHO WHO US $4.99 [0 bids]
JEWEL *VG* 1994 US ATLANTIC CD SINGLE "WHO WILL SAVE YOUR SOUL?" US $8.79 Buy It Now 1h 12m
ZEPPELIN+WINGS+BOSS+WHO+BOSTON+VA *VG+* 1992 US COMP CD "ROCK 'N ROLL FANTASY" US $16.79 Buy It Now 1h 12m
MEGADETH - PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYING - NEW CD ALBUM US $9.27 Buy It Now 1h 12m
CD He Who Holds You Rollo Tomasi EP US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Modest Mouse -Good News For People Who Love Bad News CD 2004 MINT! US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
MUSIC DE WOLFE LIBRARY LP 3114 ~ WHO'S GONNA BUY? ~ THE LEMON DIPS ~ FREAKBEAT US $422.08 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Rare Northern Soul Little Milton Whos Cheating Who? Checker 1113 45rpm Aint No US $9.99 [0 bids]
Rare The Who Track Records 60106 45rpm See Me Feel Me Overture From Tommy MCA NR US $5.99 [0 bids]
HURRICANE SMITH Who Was It Ex Columbia 1972 German P/S 7" US $6.74 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE WHO - LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL (2003 3 X CD ALBUM) EXCELLENT CONDITION US $11.80 Buy It Now 1h 24m
1950s R&B Nappy Brown Savoy 1569 45rpm For Those Who Love This Is My Confession US $9.99 [0 bids]
Rare Charlie Rich Phillips 3566 45rpm Caught In The Middle Who Will Be Next NR US $7.99 [0 bids]
Aretha Franklin(12" Vinyl)Who's Zoomin Who-Arista-ARIST 22633-UK-VG/Ex US $13.15 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Austin Howard(12" Vinyl)I'm The One Who Really Loves You-10-TEN 97-12-UK-VG/Ex US $13.15 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The Who(7" Vinyl)Join Together-T Rack-2094 102-UK-Ex/VG+ US $11.80 Buy It Now 1h 26m
All Out War For Those Who Were Crucified CD NEW (UK Import) US $18.56 Buy It Now 1h 28m
MEGADETH - PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYING DELUXE VERSION - NEW CD ALBUM US $10.96 Buy It Now 1h 29m
RITA COOLIDGE - Higher & Higher / Who's To Bless & Who's To Blame - 45RPM US $1.25 [1 bids]
Who to Salute by Beezewax (CD, Aug-2006, Reveal Records) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Philippines ERASURE Who Needs Love Like That, 12" EP US $80.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Man Two Man Who Knows What Evil (Frightmare mix)(PS) 12" Vinyl Single US $11.82 Buy It Now 1h 31m
(DADDY COOL -Daddy Who? DADDY GOLD!)-icons of Australian rock-G4-LP US $24.16 Buy It Now 1h 33m
ROBERT CRAY Who's Been Talkin' Ex+ Charly 1986 UK Blues LP US $11.80 Buy It Now 1h 34m
PLANK, Conny/VARIOUS - Who's That Man: A Tribute To Conny Plank - unmixed 4xCD US $85.24 Buy It Now 1h 34m
TRAVIS - THE MAN WHO *GOING CHEAP US $2.32 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Yannis Markopoulos*- Who Pays The Ferryman? 7" US $6.75 Buy It Now 1h 36m
JOURNEY 7" PS JAPAN WHO DRYING NOW j318 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Who Will Save You Now? CD (2004) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
O'Jays*- Love Train / Who Am I 7" US $8.42 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.65 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Zz/Various Artists - Who Let The Hits Out (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 44m
BASTARDS OF FATE, The - Who's A Fuzzy Buddy - LP + free MP3 download code US $24.13 Buy It Now 1h 45m
The Who Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy LP US $19.77 Buy It Now 1h 48m
The Who Who's Last 1984 CRC Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! A+ SOUND, Near Mint US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Art of Noise Who's Afraid of Sterling 1984 1st Press, STEAM CLEANED US $7.99 [1 bids]
I (WHO HAVE NOTHING) TOM JONES USED RECORD GC LP US $2.95 Buy It Now 1h 48m
SHIRLEY BASSEY I Who Have Nothing Ex+ Columbia 1963 UK 1960s Pop 7"* US $5.03 Buy It Now 1h 48m
7" DAVE BARTHOLOMEW "WHO DRANK THE BEER WHILE I WAS IN THE REAR " REISSUE US $10.50 Buy It Now 1h 49m
DEAN MARTIN I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU ALBUM USED US $2.95 Buy It Now 1h 52m
USED 2) COMPACT DISKS AC / DC WHO MADE WHO, BALL BREAKER US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
WHO SHE LOVE - Coco Tea, Home T4 & Shabba Ranks (RD4126) US $6.74 Buy It Now 1h 52m
98 Rock "Sac Rocks 9: Who's Next?" KRXQ-FM Sacramento Radio CD Like New OOP 93 R US $14.95 [0 bids]
HORACE ANDY- Say Who CD (2012 MINT) Kingston Sounds, Reggae US $7.77 Buy It Now 1h 52m
THE WHO- Pinball Wizard Collection CD (2012) Best of/Greatest Hits +2 Live US $7.68 Buy It Now 1h 52m
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24k Gold CD - AFZ 027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $55.26 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24 kt Gold CD - AFZ027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $47.51 [0 bids]
BRITTEN, BENJAMIN - BENJAMIN BRITTEN: WHO ARE THESE CHILDREN? - NEW CD US $9.70 Buy It Now 1h 54m
CD TWILIGHT RANCHERS "WHO STOLE THAT TRAIN" COUNTRY HILLBILLY US $17.00 Buy It Now 1h 55m
JESSIE J - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $25.31 Buy It Now 1h 56m
THE SPORTS WHO LISTENS TO THE RADIO? STEP BY STEP SO OBVIOUS SUSPICIOUS MIND 12" US $11.80 Buy It Now 1h 57m
MEGADETH - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? +4 BONUS CD US $16.18 [0 bids]
who killed bill? the sex pistols in the news NEW DVD US $20.19 Buy It Now 1h 57m
BEN E. KING "STAND BY ME" / "I WHO HAVE NOTHING" 7" 45 R & B MINT- US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
REJECTS, THE - Love Songs For People Who Hate - New Glam CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
WHO - QUADROPHENIA - 2 CD DELUXE EDITION - Brand New US $24.99 [0 bids]
WHO - QUADROPHENIA - 2 CD SET - REMASTERED NEW - The Who US $25.89 [0 bids]
WHO - GREATEST HITS & MORE - NEW 2 CD SET US $15.99 [0 bids]
WHO - MY GENERATION - JAPAN DELUXE EDITION - 2 CD US $84.99 [0 bids]
WHO - The Kids Are Alright - Japan Jewel Case SHM - CD US $34.95 [0 bids]
Who, The - Endless Wire Limited Edition - 2 CD & DVD (Oct-2006) Brand New US $24.99 [0 bids]
WHO - JOIN TOGETHER - 2 CD OVERSIZED BOX SET US $71.95 [0 bids]
WHO - MAGIC BUS - JAPAN MINI LP CD - OUT OF PRINT US $99.99 [0 bids]
WHO - QUADROPHENIA - REMASTERED - SOUNDTRACK CD US $19.35 [0 bids]
WHO - WHO'S NEXT - JAPAN SHM JEWEL CASE CD - SEALED - UICY20080 US $34.95 [0 bids]
WHO - MY GENERATION - DELUXE EDITION - 2 CD BOX SET US $22.99 [0 bids]
WHO - WHO'S NEXT - NEW IMPORT CD US $12.71 [0 bids]
Zutons-Who Killed The Zutons? CD Excellent US $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 5m
KRIS KRISTOFFERSON~WHO'S TO BLESS & WHO'S TO BLAME~1975 UK LP~MONUMENT MNT 69158 US $10.13 Buy It Now 2h 6m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(44%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE WHO Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 reviews

Review by fuxi
2 stars When this album came out it was universally applauded, and since I remembered Pete Townhend praising this particular gig, somewhere in the 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B video ("We did the odd gig where we actually played well", or words to that extent) I thought: "I must get a copy forthwith! I'll finally get to hear TOMMY the way you were meant to hear it, performed live by the Who in their heyday!"

But when I actually bought my copy, it sounded dead W-R-O-N-G!!! I couldn't actually put a name to it but it had something to do with Keith Moon's drums. All through the gig he produced an awful clatter. Since Moon was probably the most exciting musician in the band at this time, and since I loved his performances on LIVE AT LEEDS and WHO'S NEXT, I thought this was plain unforgivable. No matter how energetic his band-mates were, down there on the Isle of Wight, classic Who without a proper Moon, in my view, was no performance at all.

Just the other day I finally discovered what had gone wrong. I watched the excerpts from that same concert in the brand-new 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B DVD, and I could clearly see that, for this particular concert, Mr. Moon was using TWO bass drums. Which simply ruined everything. I believe Moon reverted to his original manner of playing soon after, since there's no trace of such foolish and sacriligeous behaviour in any of the live performances throughout the (excellent) 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B (CD) box set.

So if you love the Who as I do, and treasure them for (among other things) Keith Moon's gorgeous drumming, stick to the recently expanded editions of LIVE AT LEEDS, where you can now hear most of TOMMY anyway, marvellously clear and properly played.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#259466) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Post a review of THE WHO "Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970"