LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970

7. It's a Boy
8. 1921
9. Amazing Journey
10. Sparks
11. Eyesight to the Blind(The Hawk)
12. Christmas
Disc 2
1. The Acid Queen
2. Pinball Wizard
3. Do You Think It's Alright
4. Fiddle About
5. Tommy Can You Hear Me?
6. There's a Doctor

- Roger Daltrey / vocals, harmonica
- John Entwistle / bass guitar, vocals
- Pete Townshend / guitar, vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, vocals

Thanks to cacho for the addition

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 Music

Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
Who Are YouWho Are You
Extra tracks · Remastered
Mca 1996
Doctor Who The Stone Rose Part One, The RadioTimes Newspaper, Promo CD US $3.34 Buy It Now 31m 3s
Doctor Who The Resurrection Casket BBC Audio Radio Times Newspaper, Promo CD US $3.34 Buy It Now 31m 8s
Crybabys(CD Single)Who Were You Thinking Of?-Receiver-RRSCD 1008-UK-New US $10.99 Buy It Now 35m 55s
Guess Who's Back The Guess Who CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 39m 50s
Madison Avenue - Who The Hell Are You? (Mixes) (ECD Single) US $5.87 Buy It Now 40m 25s
Bridge 2.5 Began Who CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 40m 59s
KEITH MOON THE WHO MIKE OLDFIELD CSN&Y Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1974 US $20.17 Buy It Now 45m 47s
THE WHO Charlton + Tommy Film Vintage Music Press Article/Cuttin US $20.17 Buy It Now 45m 47s
ALVIN LEE JOHN MAYALL T REX THE WHO Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1974 US $16.81 Buy It Now 45m 47s
MAHOGANY RUSH Kid who says he's Hendrix Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1974 US $20.17 Buy It Now 45m 48s
THE WHO Charlton Review by CSM Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1974 US $20.17 Buy It Now 46m 55s
House Of Pain - Shamrocks and Shenanigans / Who's the Man (CD) 4 Tracks Nr Mint US $15.11 Buy It Now 47m 20s
7" EXILES INTACT "WHO IS THERE? / ON BROADWAY" 80'S POP US $9.99 Buy It Now 47m 22s
HEAVY D & THE BOYZ...WHO'S THE MAN?...UPTOWN PROMO RAP US $8.39 Buy It Now 49m 55s
NEW - Who Is Mrs. Winslow ? by Mrs. Winslow US $3.52 Buy It Now 51m 51s
TOMMY-THE WHO-DECCA 2 LP-DXSW7205 - FIRST 1969 PRESSING US $10.45 [0 bids]
52m 39s
NATALIE COLE-ASK WOMAN WHO KNOWS-JAPAN SHM-SACD K25 US $49.99 Buy It Now 53m 22s
The Who Japan Book 1980 Townshend MOD US $79.99 Buy It Now 55m 50s
Kim Jae Joong - WHO WHEN WHY 1st ALBUM / *SEALED* K-POP US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h
MADISONAVENUE - Who the hell are you - 2000 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single US $22.84 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Aretha Franklin "Who's Zoomin' Who?" LP in SHRINK US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 8m
AUSTIN POWERS SOUNDTRACK NEW CD MADONNA,GREEN DAY,THE WHO,ELVIS CASTELLO,R.E.M. US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Tom Mansi & The Icebreakers - Who dunnit UK 7" US $6.71 Buy It Now 1h 13m
TEN YEARS AFTER THE WHO OSMONDS Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1973 US $20.17 Buy It Now 1h 15m
RORY GALLAGHER THE WHO OSMONDS Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1973 US $20.17 Buy It Now 1h 15m
JAMES BROWN The man who dices wit death Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1971 US $20.17 Buy It Now 1h 15m
DR WHO JOHN PERTWEE Vintage Music Press Article/Cutting 1971 US $25.21 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE WHO JOHN ENWISTLE Interview Vintage Music Press article/cutting 1971 US $20.17 Buy It Now 1h 15m
45rpm record Friends - Who Needs love / Crying Tears rug rat records US $4.93 Buy It Now 1h 15m
KIERAN HALPIN The man who lives in bottles LP FOLK **SIGNED** US $15.11 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Who: Union Jack Target Logo Insulated Travel Mug - New & Official In Box US $19.31 Buy It Now 1h 22m
LIFE WITHOUT THE WHO MINI TSHIRT+HANGER US $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? by Megadeth (CD, Aug-1987, Capitol/EMI Records) US $14.99 [0 bids]
KEITH MOON / THE WHO - BEAUTIFUL 11oz MUG FEATURING PHOTO & QUOTE - ***LAST FEW US $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Who's Hot Untouchable CD US $14.13 Buy It Now 1h 29m
The Who: Target Logo Cast Metal Bottle Opener - New & Official US $16.81 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Travis - Man Who (2004) US $3.01 Buy It Now 1h 36m
THE WHO LIVE AT LEEDS,TRACK 2406 001,MADE IN GT.BRITAIN, INSERTS,POST+PICTURES US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER - WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY - 7" VINYL 1978 ATLAN US $6.03 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Tommy The Play 1993 Tour Program THE WHO Music Memorabilia Book Townsend Daltry US $5.99 [0 bids]
Roy Chubby Brown - Who Ate All the Pies (2013) US $19.13 Buy It Now 1h 41m
DUMMY by Benyon Great 4 page comic strip parodying Tommy by The Who Cutting 1975 US $20.17 Buy It Now 1h 43m
THE WHO Live Lyceum Review Vintage Music Press article/cutting/clippings 1973 US $20.17 Buy It Now 1h 43m
DAVID OLIVER SOUTHERN COMFORT/ WHO ARE YOU 45 VINYL MERCURY US $4.25 Buy It Now 1h 45m
MILES KANE DONT FORGET WHO YOU ARE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Bowie,David - Man Who Sold The World [CD New] US $9.55 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Glands Of External Secretion & - Whos Who In Hospitalization (1997) - Used US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 47m
MILES KANE DONT FORGET WHO YOU ARE CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Dark Dark Dark - Who Needs Who [CD New] US $14.73 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Jessie J - Who You Are [CD New] US $36.40 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Banks,Darrell - I'm The One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recod [CD New] US $13.45 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Ian,Janis - Secret Life Of J. Eddy Fink/Who Really Cares [CD New] US $16.84 Buy It Now 1h 51m
OZZIE NELSON - 'Cause My Baby Says It's So / The Lady Who 78 rpm disc (A+++) US $6.71 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Guess Who 45 Albert Flasher / Broken US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Guess Who 45 Dancin' Fool / Seems Like I Can't Live With You But I Can't Without US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h
DMX WHO WE BE PIC SLEEVE IMPORT vinyl 12' US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Guess Who 45 Share The Land / Bus Rider US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
McVICAR ROGER DALTREY Who Films Presentation US $15.11 Buy It Now 2h 7m
The Ragged Boys - Rat Tat (Who Are You) CD Single US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 13m
One Hit Wonder - Who The Hell Is One Hit - Japan CD+2 US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Who Could It Be, Luciano, Good Single US $2.13 Buy It Now 2h 20m
AC/DC Who Made Who Cassette - Atlantic US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 21m
THE WHO ~ TOMMY ~ 1969 UK 1st PRESSING ~NUMBERED BOOK!!! US $38.66 [7 bids]
FRIBERG, Aksel/PROB/THE BIRD WHO FELL TO EARTH/OSCAR TILLMAN - Rutger - 12" US $19.31 Buy It Now 2h 22m
The Who Genuine Playable Record and Guitar Pick Presentation US $21.43 Buy It Now 2h 23m
FAITH NO MORE WHO CARES A LOT THE GREATEST HITS CD.NEW US $9.80 Buy It Now 2h 28m
THE WHO See Me Feel Me Vintage Music Press Poster Size Advert/Cutting 1970 US $20.17 Buy It Now 2h 28m
TOM JONES I who have nothing LP Poster Size Advert/Cutting 1970 vintage clipping US $20.17 Buy It Now 2h 28m
ROGER DALTREY THE WHO 1973 Poster Size THINKING 45 Advert vintage clipping US $20.17 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Ronin Who got the last laugh? CD Single US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 29m
8 CD, SET 1, Michael Jackson Dangerous -Heal The World, In The Closet, Who Is It US $57.90 Buy It Now 2h 32m
JOHN MAYER - WHO SAYS 1-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS262 US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 36m
THE BEST OF THE WHO MILLENNIUM COLLECTION 20TH CENTURY MASTERS MUSIC CD US $5.97 Buy It Now 2h 37m
The Who The Kids Are Alright Maxi Poster Band Music Movie Film 61 X 91.5Cm US $11.58 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Devo Pioneers Who Got Scalped CD Japan With Obi Free shipping US $78.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
SUBLIMINAL SESSIONS FOUR Mixed By Jose Nunez & WHO DA FUNK 2CDs (NEW SEALED) 4 US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 44m
The Who Odds & Sods 1974 ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND, 1st TML Master US $39.60 Buy It Now 2h 45m
The Who It's Hard ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile Press, TML Master, Steamed, A+ SOUND US $36.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
ARETHA FRANKLIN ~ Who's Zoomin' Who? (Cassette, 1985, Arista Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Who - Preview DVD Sampler - Rare R1/R2 promo DVD US $16.79 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Roger Daltrey (of The Who) - Daltrey - Original Track Paper Label Cassette Tape US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
The Who Quadrophenia Scooter Poster New - Laminated Available US $10.91 Buy It Now 2h 53m
The Who Quadrophenia Scooter Poster New - Laminated Available US $20.09 Buy It Now 2h 53m
AUTOGRAPHED AFTER SCHOOL KAHI - WHO ARE YOU? 2ND MINI ALBUM CD SIGNED BY KAHI US $45.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Framed The Who Quadrophenia Scooter Poster Ready To Hang Frame US $87.32 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Framed The Who Quadrophenia Scooter Poster Ready To Hang Frame US $52.02 Buy It Now 2h 54m
More Music from the Motion Picture Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (CD, Oc US $1.99 [0 bids]
Billy Edd Wheeler 45 Girl Who Loved the Man Who Robbed the B rpm record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 56m
DOCTOR WHO / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $23.11 Buy It Now 3h 4m
LOT OF 6 CD DAVID BOWIE BEETLES BY STARLITE POP RUSH BAD COMPANY BOSTON THE WHO US $19.77 [0 bids]
Sinister Quin - Do You Know Who I Be (R) (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.90 Buy It Now 3h 8m
ZEPPELIN+WINGS+BOSS+WHO+BOSTON+VA *VG+* 1992 US COMP CD "ROCK 'N ROLL FANTASY" US $11.75 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Eurythmics Who's That Girl in San Francisco in May 1984 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
PETULA CLARK - Vinyl LP - Color My World/Who Am I, GREAT OFFER,4.99! US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 12m
THE GUESS WHO AMERICAN WOMAN / NO SUGAR TONIGHT uk rca 1943 US $8.40 Buy It Now 3h 13m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(44%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

THE WHO Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 reviews

Review by fuxi
2 stars When this album came out it was universally applauded, and since I remembered Pete Townhend praising this particular gig, somewhere in the 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B video ("We did the odd gig where we actually played well", or words to that extent) I thought: "I must get a copy forthwith! I'll finally get to hear TOMMY the way you were meant to hear it, performed live by the Who in their heyday!"

But when I actually bought my copy, it sounded dead W-R-O-N-G!!! I couldn't actually put a name to it but it had something to do with Keith Moon's drums. All through the gig he produced an awful clatter. Since Moon was probably the most exciting musician in the band at this time, and since I loved his performances on LIVE AT LEEDS and WHO'S NEXT, I thought this was plain unforgivable. No matter how energetic his band-mates were, down there on the Isle of Wight, classic Who without a proper Moon, in my view, was no performance at all.

Just the other day I finally discovered what had gone wrong. I watched the excerpts from that same concert in the brand-new 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B DVD, and I could clearly see that, for this particular concert, Mr. Moon was using TWO bass drums. Which simply ruined everything. I believe Moon reverted to his original manner of playing soon after, since there's no trace of such foolish and sacriligeous behaviour in any of the live performances throughout the (excellent) 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B (CD) box set.

So if you love the Who as I do, and treasure them for (among other things) Keith Moon's gorgeous drumming, stick to the recently expanded editions of LIVE AT LEEDS, where you can now hear most of TOMMY anyway, marvellously clear and properly played.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#259466) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Post a review of THE WHO "Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970"