RUNNING BLIND

Ken Hensley

Ken Hensley Running Blind album cover

Buy KEN HENSLEY Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Overture: La tristeza secreta de un corazon gitano, Pt. 1 (Hensley) (2:29)
2. Prelude: A Minor Life (Hensley) (2:54)
3. Out of My Control (Hensley) (5:01)
4. You've Got It (The American Dream) (Hensley) (3:30)
5. The Final Solution (Hensley) (3:35)
6. It's Up to You [*] (Hensley) (5:04)
7. Finney's Tale (Hensley) (3:01)
8. I Close My Eyes (Hensley) (4:53)
9. A Little Piece of Me (Julia's Song) (Hensley) (3:09)
10. Free Spirit [*] (Hensley) (3:41)
11. Movin' In [*] (Hensley) (4:03)
12. Let Me Be Me (Hensley) (2:50)
13. I Don't Wanna Wait [*] (Hensley) (5:17)
14. Tell Me (Hensley) (4:24)

Search KEN HENSLEY Running Blind lyrics

2002 CD Mystic 153
2002 CD Record Haven 62
2002 CD United States Dist 149
2002 CD Classic Rock Legends Ltd 0856

2002 CD Mystic Records MYS CD 156, Limited Edition for Russia, contains bonus track:
15. I Won't Change (Hensley) (3:01)

Thanks to alberto muoz for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

KEN HENSLEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KEN HENSLEY Running Blind Music

Running BlindRunning Blind
Voiceprint/Mystic 2002

More places to buy KEN HENSLEY music online Buy KEN HENSLEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KEN HENSLEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KEN HENSLEY Running Blind ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(38%)

KEN HENSLEY Running Blind reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The great keyboard guru left us almost orphan during his solo career. Here and there some fine tunes, but overall little to do with his so great song writing while sharing the bill with the great Heep.

Only some reminiscence of these great days can be felt here throughout the excellent "Prelude A Minor Life". But it is a bit "short" to make it a good album. What's next are just a bunch of decent AOR tunes, but aren't we expecting more from the great man? The answer is "yes" of course: even if "Out of My Control" is far from being poor. Fine melody and great guitar for sure.

The counter balance with "You've Got it" is rather hard to bear though. Even if the heavy organs are reminding me of the good old days. This album is not that bad actually: a song as "The Final Solution" has a catchy chorus and displays some fine guitar work. But aren't we expecting more than this from Ken? I guess that the answer is "yes".

Most of the album is of the same vein: some heavy and popish AOR. Not great nor poor for sure. Just average like the Springsteen oriented "It's Up to You". Of course, while you listen to such a song as "Finney's Tale", there is only one option: press next to avoid this useless popish demonstration.

The bottom low is being reached with the mellowish " I Close My Eyes". Was this a mistake? I would have thought so but why then having released " A Little Piece of Me"???

Some pieces of music are saving this work, like the very good and rocking " Free Spirit". More of these were expected I guess! The beat is ingenious, the melody is fine. Only some great solo are forgotten, but as a whole this is one of my faves featured on this "Running Blind".

Two stars for this record: none of these songs are to be remembered but the whole can't be dismissed either.

Weren't we expecting more than this from Ken? I guess that the answer is "yes".

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#235597) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 28, 2009

Post a review of KEN HENSLEY "Running Blind"