COLD AUTUMN SUNDAY

Ken Hensley

Ken Hensley Cold Autumn Sunday album cover

Buy KEN HENSLEY Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Send Me An Angel (Hensley/Williams) (4:41)
2. Inside The Mystery (Hensley/Williams) (4:42)
3. When (Hensley) (3:02)
4. Longer Shadows (Hensley) (3:29)
5. Secret (Hensley) (4:16)
6. Brown Eyed Boy (Hensley) (4:02)
7. Cold Autumn Sunday (Hensley) (5:38)
8. Romance (Previously unreleased) (Hensley) (4:38)
9. Woman (Hensley) (3:45)
10. The House On The Hill (Hensley) (3:43)
11. When Evening Comes (Hensley) (4:40)
12. Go Down (Hensley) (3:54)

Bonus tracks:
13. Through The Eyes Of A Child (original demo version) (Hensley) (2:31)
14 Do You Feel Alright (Hensley) (5:33)

All brand new versions of Ken Hensley original solo songs, recorded in 2005 in Spain

Search KEN HENSLEY Cold Autumn Sunday lyrics

Search KEN HENSLEY Cold Autumn Sunday tabs

- Ken Hensley / lead and harmony vocals, electric, slide & acoustic guitars, Hammond organ, piano, Minimoog and other synthesizers
- Tommy Lopez / drums and percussion
- Alvaro Martialay / bass guitar and backing vocals
- Pepe Bornay / fretless bass
- Ovidio Lopez / electric and acoustic guitars
- Victor Jorda Lledo / additional keyboards
- Paz / backing vocals

CD Horsepower Records HPR 004, 2005

Thanks to NotAProghead for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

KEN HENSLEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KEN HENSLEY Cold Autumn Sunday Music

Inside The Mystery: The Last Dance/Cold Autumn Sunday (2CD)Inside The Mystery: The Last Dance/Cold Autumn Sunday (2CD)
Ambitions 2008
CD eager to please ~ USD $15.07
CD proud words on a dusty shelf ~ USD $15.07

More places to buy KEN HENSLEY music online Buy KEN HENSLEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KEN HENSLEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KEN HENSLEY Cold Autumn Sunday ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(62%)

KEN HENSLEY Cold Autumn Sunday reviews

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Here we go with this Ken Hensley's album called Cold Autumn Sunday. First of all I want to say it is the first Ken Hensley's solo album I've ever heard and responsibly can say I'm not surprised with this first touch to solo music. Why I'm not surprised with this album. Cold Autumn Sunday is completely structured in Uriah Heep's manner. It shows the leadership of Ken Hensley when he was in Uriah Heep and his big contribution to this band. Each song remind me to Uriah Heep in one or other way.

One of the moments I want to discuss is the solid production of the album. The sound is clear and professional. All the musicians chosen for the project are from Spain (I think not very popular session musicians to the progressive rock society), but the work they had done is good surprise for me. I think the album have enough ideas to catch the listeners, especially the fans of that kind of music (I mean Uriah Heep & co). Overall, the album is not something brilliant or special, but can be treated as one good album-oriented rock album. I consider it exactly album-oriented rock, because of the integrity. I mean it doesn't contain any better songs than most of the others, but it doesn't contain songs much weaker than most of the others, too! This is typical 3 stars album with all songs being 3 stars like the album as whole. It didn't produce any memorable song, that could be hit single or something like landmark of the album. It's hard to listen to anything from Cold Autumn Sunday without the other songs. All of these thoughts hint me this is album-oriented rock. Of course, some songs consist of progressive element...

The other important thing about the album is the predominating of slow songs and ballads or soft rock as whole. The vocal works are big surprise for me. I think the voice of Ken Hensley is very similar to John Wetton's voice. In some moments Ken Hensley is trying to make attempts to resemble to the voice of David Byron, which is impossible to a certain degree. That similarity of of these two voices - Ken Hensley and John Wetton - make me curious about the comparison of Cold Autumn Sunday with Phoenix by Asia. This album remind me Asia's one. I think Phoenix is much better and consists of stronger, more progressive and faster songs than this one. While Asia's album deserves 3.3 (or the high section of 3 stars mark) for Cold Autumn Sunday I will give under the middle section of the 3 stars - somewhere about 2.75 - 2.8!!!

Send comments to poslednijat_colobar (BETA) | Report this review (#195607) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 28, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album is more on the rocking side than usual. Of course, there will be some nice ballads (like the title track, although its country style is not my cup of tea or the well named "Romance"), but the overall mood is radio friendly, AOR oriented (too much to my taste: "Inside The Mystery", "When").

It is one of the most commercial album from the great man, and I have to admit that it is not the facet I prefer. Vocals are well performed (as usual). For those who are discovering his solo career, this might well be a surprise; but Ken proved for a long time now that he was quite a good singer (and not only doing some backings as while he was in the Heep).

Most songs are shortly formatted and sounds more as pop-rock tunes ("Longer Shadows" which is one of my faves). Still, none of them are weak (except "Secret" probably), even if not great either. I guess that, by now, it is difficult to surprise his fans. It's have been quite a ride since the early days and Ken hasn't anything to prove any longer. His albums are dedicated to devoted fans and there is little room for revolution.

Upbeat rock for "Brown Eyed Boy" is quite alright, but again, the AOR-ish style is not the best way I can appreciate the artist. At the end of the day, there aren't enough good songs featured on this "Cold Autumn Sunday" to get the third star from me. Five out of ten. Average.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#245120) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009

Post a review of KEN HENSLEY "Cold Autumn Sunday"