NEFFESH MUSIC :GHILGOUL

Search YOCHK'O SEFFER Neffesh Music :Ghilgoul lyrics

Search YOCHK'O SEFFER Neffesh Music :Ghilgoul tabs

Yochk'o Seffer / saxophones, piano
Dominique Bertrand / bass
François Laizeau / drums (tracks 1-5)
Margand String Quartet

Michael Nick / violin (tracks 6-8)
Bülent / drums (tracks 6-8)
Laurent Cokelaere / electric bass (tracks 6-8)
Philippe Gisselmann / soprano saxophone (tracks 6-8)

LP: Sun Records SR 116 (France)

CD: Belle Antique BELLE 071343 (Japan, 2007, bonuses)

Thanks to NaturalScience for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

YOCHK'O SEFFER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YOCHK'O SEFFER Neffesh Music :Ghilgoul Music

Acel TollAcel Toll
Great Winds/Musea 2011
Acel III - Lyrikus-SzozatAcel III - Lyrikus-Szozat
Great Winds/Musea 2014
YOCHK'O SEFFER-Chromophonie 1 French Jazz Rock Orig LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 22h 12m
Yochk'o Seffer - Ghilgoul (JAPANESE MINI LP) (MAGMA) US $37.99 Buy It Now 4 days
YOCHK'O SEFFER - CONDOR - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Zao - Osiris (JAPANESE MINI LP) (Magma, speed limit,Yochk'o Seffer, Heldon) US $32.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ZAO- Akhenaton (JAPANESE MINI LP) (Magma, speed limit,Yochk'o Seffer ) US $32.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Zao- kawana + 1 (SHM-CD) (Mini Lp) (Magma, speed limit,Yochk'o Seffer, Heldon) US $36.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Zao- Z=7L (SHM-CD) (Mini Lp) (Magma, speed limit,Yochk'o Seffer, Heldon) US $36.99 Buy It Now 5 days
YOCHK'O SEFFER - Ghilgoul - ORIG FRENCH ZEUHL / PROG LP GAROU EX US $39.00 [0 bids]
YOCHK'O SEFFER - ADAMA/IMA - NEW CD US $21.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Yochk'O Seffer - Condor [CD New] US $22.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Yochk'o SEFFER- My Old Roots (musea) (MAGMA, ZAO, NEFFESH MUSIC) US $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
YOCHK'O SEFFER - CONDOR NEW CD US $28.25 Buy It Now 15 days
YOCHK'O SEFFER?/?Ghilgoul ?JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI ?BELLE-071343??ZAO,MAGMA US $43.50 Buy It Now 17 days
ZAO?/?Shekina ?JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI ?BELLE-071339??Yochk'o Seffer US $42.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Condor - Yochk'O Seffer New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $26.79 Buy It Now 17 days
YOCHK'O SEFFER - ADAMA NEW CD US $31.33 Buy It Now 23 days
ZAO?/?Z=7L ?JAPAN SHM-CD Mini-LP w/OBI BELLE-121922?Yochk'o Seffer US $42.00 Buy It Now 23 days
YOCHK'O SEFFER - YOG II: SEFIRA NEW CD US $28.25 Buy It Now 23 days
Condor by Yochk'o Seffer (CD, Jan-2005, 3 Discs, Musea Parallele) US $20.04 Buy It Now 24 days
Adama / Ima - Yochk'o Seffer New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $29.29 Buy It Now 24 days
Yochk'o Seffer-SefiraFrench prog cd Zao US $11.99 Buy It Now 26 days
YOCHK'O SEFFER sefira JAPAN CD AVANT PROG ZAO US $16.99 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy YOCHK'O SEFFER music online Buy YOCHK'O SEFFER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YOCHK'O SEFFER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YOCHK'O SEFFER Neffesh Music :Ghilgoul ratings distribution

YOCHK'O SEFFER Neffesh Music :Ghilgoul reviews

5 stars Anyone who's into Zeuhl needs to get their hands on this album. Most feel that this is Seffer's best solo album. After he left ZAO he hooked up with future ZAO bassist Dominique Bertrand who he would play with on ZAO's last studio album in 1994. Also drummer Francois Laizeau would jump on board. He played with MAGMA, OFFERING and Bernard Paganotti's "Paga" album. The guy can flat out drum. In fact this album is worth getting for the rhythm section alone. Interesting that Seffer also brought the all-female string quartet for this recording.They played with Seffer on ZAO's "Osiris" album and he was obviously impressed with them. Seffer plays sax of course but also piano, and man he caught my attention with his keyboard work on this record.

"Dag" opens with sax and piano as drums and bass join in, then here we go before 1 1/2 minutes. Check out the drum work ! The soundscape after 2 minutes is incredible. The bass, drums and piano are intense while the sax plays over top. What a display ! After 4 minutes all I can say is "I'm not worthy". The violins come in slicing away as this Zeulish rhythm continues. "Sifra" opens with piano as violins join in before a minute. This continues until we get a complete change 5 minutes in as the sax and drums take over. Killer sound after 6 minutes as the bass and drums lay the groundwork and piano plays over top. Violins come back in ripping it up. "Dailn" is the only track not composed by Seffer as Dominque Bertrand did this one. It kicks into a rhythm quickly as bass and drums rumble with sax and piano playing over top. Violins then join in. Huge bass lines in this one. "Larme" features piano and those Zeuhlish vocal melodies we all know and love (Seffer sings them as he did on ZAO's second album). Sax joins in then drums. Violins come in later.

"Ghilgoul" is the almost 17 minute title track. What a way to end this album. This is very different from the rest as we get these multi vocal melodies that are quite haunting with sax. The vocals stop before 4 1/2 minutes as piano and sax take over. The vocals are back before 6 1/2 minutes but even more eerie this time. The violins come in around 7 1/2 minutes as the vocals stop again.They're back before 11 minutes with sax as the strings stop. Violins are back after 13 minutes as vocals and sax stop. The piano returns. I should mention that there's 4 bonus tracks here with a different lineup. 3 tracks from 1980 and one from 1985. Over 30 minutes of great music. These extra songs are so impressive.

A must for ZAO fans, but also for Zeuhlites everywhere.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#245567) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009

4 stars Ah, this is more like it. After a run of four awful reviews in a row I thought I'd cheer myself up with this excellent album from a guy who's name I've no idea how to pronounce. This leans more to the Fusion end of the spectrum - something I'm ok with in small doses, but after listening to this ... (read more)

Report this review (#296399) | Posted by Dobermensch | Friday, August 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Yochk'o Seffer leans mostly towards jazz fusion, but actually it doesn't sound like jazz fusion, because it's avant-prog. The most similar artist with Yochk'o Seffer is maybe ZAO. They are even very similar, but I prefer Yochk'o Seffer, if I'd have to choose between them. There's much same ele ... (read more)

Report this review (#242440) | Posted by progressive | Thursday, October 01, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YOCHK'O SEFFER "Neffesh Music :Ghilgoul"