YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND / '39

Queen

Queen You're My Best Friend / '39 album cover

Buy QUEEN Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1976

1. You're My Best Friend (2:50)
2. '39 (3:25)

- John Deacon / bass
- Roger Taylor / drums, vocals

7'' EMI 2494 (UK)

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 Music

QUEEN 45 RPM You're My Best Friend / Thirty-Nine ('39)QUEEN 45 RPM You're My Best Friend / Thirty-Nine ('39)
Elektra
Vinyl$4.00 (used)
45vinylrecord You're My Best Friend/39 (745vinylrecord You're My Best Friend/39 (7"/45 rpm)
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$4.00 (used)
you're my best friend / 39 45 rpm singleyou're my best friend / 39 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA\/WARNER-PIONEER
Vinyl$24.99 (used)
You're My Best Friend / '39You're My Best Friend / '39
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)

Queen "You're My Best Friend" & "39" 1975 ELEKTRA Oz 7" 45rpm USD $5.66 Buy It Now 4 days
QUEEN: You're My Best Friend c/w '39 (REMASTERED CD)-FREE SHIPPING- USD $12.95 Buy It Now 5 days
QUEEN You're My Best Friend / Thirty Nine '39 7" 45 Big "E" Red Label USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
QUEEN "You're My Best Friend / 39" DJ PROMO ELEKTRA 45318 NM- USD $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
QUEEN - YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND / '39 - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1975 USD $6.71 Buy It Now 8 days
Queen You're My Best Friend b/w '39 Elektra E-45318 WL PROMO Stereo 7" 45 USD $28.80 Buy It Now 9 days
QUEEN YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND/'39 1975 UNIQUE RARE EXYU 7" PS N/MINT USD $117.99 Buy It Now 11 days
QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 rare original 45 from 1975 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
QUEEN: You're My Best Friend / '39 USA Elektra DJ PROMO 45 NM- Super USD $20.00 Buy It Now 15 days
QUEEN: You're My Best Friend / 39 Elektra DJ PROMO Orig 45 Superb NM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 15 days
QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 ELEKTRA Canada 1975 7" listen! USD $12.75 Buy It Now 15 days
Queen 70s ROCK 45 (Elektra 45318) You're My Best Friend / '39 MINT- USD $6.95 Buy It Now 18 days
QUEEN you're my best friend / 39 ELEKTRA 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 18 days
Queen R&R 45 (ELEKTRA 45318) 39/You're My Best Friend VG USD $6.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Queen - You're My Best Friend c/w '39, 7" JAPAN 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Queen, You're My Best Friend / '39 ~ 1975 Elektra 45 +sleeve USD $2.77 Buy It Now 20 days
QUEEN: You're My Best Friend (eres Mi Mejor Amigo) / '39 45 (Spain, PS sl cw: s USD $125.00 Buy It Now 20 days
QUEEN-YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND/39-ORIGINAL GERMAN 7" 45 rpm-ROCK-1976 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Rock 45 QUEEN You're My Best Friend / Thirty Nine 39' on Elektra USD $5.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Queen - You're My Best Friend / '39 VG+ 7" Vinyl 45 USA 1976 Elektra E-45318 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(24%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'You're My Best Friend / '39' - Queen (Single)

While the song that most people are going to be more familiar with here is 'You're My Best Friend' (one of the band's most commercially sucessful and accessible songs,) the song here that really shines is actually the b-side, '39.' While it's never received much attention, it stands as being one of my favourite Queen songs.

The song is in the sub-genre of 'filk,' a type of folk that revolves around science fiction and storytelling. To summarize, '39' tells the story of space explorers who travel at speeds faster than light for a year... However, when they get back, due to time dilation, while only a year has passed for them, many have passed back home on Earth, and everyone they knew is dead. While the song is short, the way it tells the story is very well done, and this is one of the few times we hear Brian May sing! In a way, I think that Freddy would have not worked for the song, as he is too theatrical for it. Brian May's voice is down to earth and works perfectly for the storyline.

'You're My Best Friend' is a catchy song and uplifting, but doesn't have the replay value of '39' of many other songs. Perfect choice for a hit single though, and this song gave 'A Night At The Opera' some of the attention it needed to suceed.

Both good songs, but one is clearly better than the other.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars "You`re my Best Friend" was composed by John Deacon, and it is also one of my favourite songs from Queen, and it was a good choice of a song to be released as a single. A melodic song, simple, and with some Pop Rock influences, with a Wurlitzer electric piano played by Deacon. It is maybe one of the most famous songs from the band from the seventies, and with "Spread Your Wings", in my opinion it is also one of the best songs that Deacon (who was not a very prolific songwriter in comparison to the other members of the band) composed. It was played in an abridged form in some of the live recordings that I have listened from this song, and with Freddie Mercury playing a Grand Piano instead because he did not like the sound of the Wurlitzer..

The "B" side, "`39", is a song composed by Brian May and with lead vocals by him. It is a song with some Folk Rock influences, played with acoustic guitar and with good backing vocals. It also was played by the band in concert very often but with lead vocals by Mercury instead of May..

Post a review of QUEEN "You're My Best Friend / '39"