YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND / '39

Queen

Queen You're My Best Friend / '39 album cover

Buy QUEEN Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1976

1. You're My Best Friend (2:50)
2. '39 (3:25)

- John Deacon / bass
- Roger Taylor / drums, vocals

7'' EMI 2494 (UK)

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 Music

Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)
Box set
Hollywood Records 2002
Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You EditionGreatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition
Remastered · Special Edition
Hollywood Records 2004
Queen: Greatest Hits I & IIQueen: Greatest Hits I & II
Hollywood Records 1995
Live at the Rainbow (Deluxe Box Set)Live at the Rainbow (Deluxe Box Set)
Hollywood Records 2014
A Night at the Opera [Vinyl]A Night at the Opera [Vinyl]
Fontana Hollywood 2008
Vinyl$14.19
Queen City Jazz Band of Denver (New Orleans style jazz) Audiophile AP-94 '66 US $8.99 Buy It Now 30m 18s
Queen - Back Chat / Staying Power EMI Queen 45 RPM 7" vinyl 1982 US $3.99 [0 bids]
30m 19s
QUEEN LATIFAH~ PROMOTIONAL RECORD~DANCE FOR ME ORIGINAL COVER, SLEEVE US $5.00 [0 bids]
30m 24s
Made in Heaven by Queen (CD, Nov-1995, Hollywood) US $12.50 [0 bids]
35m 5s
QUEEN ONE VISION 12" SINGLE VINYL RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 35m 5s
PEPE DELUXE - QUEEN OF THE WAVE: DELUXE EDITION (UK) NEW CD US $45.29 Buy It Now 36m 17s
QUEEN - NEWS OF THE WORLD US $11.99 Buy It Now 36m 53s
Johnny Cash / Tammy Wynette The King / The Queen Record US $4.00 [0 bids]
38m 26s
QUEEN - Fun It / Jealousy - NEAR MINT 1978 45 Elektra 46039 MERCURY TAYLOR US $20.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
QUEEN - Fun It / Jealousy VG+ 45 Vinyl 1978 Elektra 46039 TAYLOR MERCURY US $15.00 Buy It Now 39m 39s
Queen / Freddie Mercury The Great Pretender Aust Orig.PROMO 7" 45 Parlo 1987 EX US $5.64 [1 bids]
43m 40s
The Music of Queen by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (CD, Apr-1997, Emporio (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
43m 53s
Queen / A Kind of Magic Australian Orig.PROMO 7" 45 Emi 1986 EX Condition Rare!! US $7.26 [2 bids]
44m 15s
Queen / Radio Ga Ga Australian Orig.PROMO 7" 45 Emi 1984 EX Condition Rare!! US $7.26 [3 bids]
44m 50s
Cookin' with Queen Ida by Queen Ida & Her Zydeco Band (CD, Sep-1995,... US $4.99 [0 bids]
51m 37s
QUEEN ~ BICYCLE RACE ~ VERY RARE HAND SIGNED UK 7" ~ BRIAN MAY ~ ROGER TAYLOR US $297.05 Buy It Now 52m 30s
Queen Mab Trio See Saw CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 54m 4s
DeBARGE QUEEN OF MY HEART 12" SINGLE LP 1985 VG+ MD-4532 US $2.25 [0 bids]
55m 11s
QUEEN ~ SAVE ME ~ VERY RARE HAND SIGNED UK 7" ~ BRIAN MAY ~ ROGER TAYLOR US $297.05 Buy It Now 55m 36s
QUEEN ~ WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS ~ RARE HAND SIGNED UK 7" ~ BRIAN MAY ~ ROGER TAYLOR US $297.05 Buy It Now 58m 38s
ELTON JOHN and KIKI DEE, Don't Go breaking My heart-Snow Queen,45 near MINT US $1.99 [0 bids]
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody / I'm In Love With My Car 7" Elektra Records US $6.99 [0 bids]
Abba Dancing Queen Thats Me ATL3372 VG++ (45-9593) US $3.57 Buy It Now 1h 4m
HEART - LITTLE QUEEN - OOP 1977 JR 34799 W/ LYRICS NO BARCODE LP VG+ VG+ US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Lickitty Clit by Lickitty Clit CD Queen Bee Fabulous Disaster Peaches Detroit US $2.00 [0 bids]
QUEEN 2xCassette Lot CLASSIC QUEEN Hard Rock JAZZ FREDDIE MERCURY 20 Years 1978 US $6.66 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Bruiser Queen - In Your Room b/w Ms. Everything - Vinyl 7" 2012 New US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
45 rpm Juke Box RE-Queen-We Are Champions/ These Are Days of Our Lives US $2.25 [0 bids]
QUEEN a -(45)- ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST / DON'T TRY SUISIDE - ELEKTRA - 1980 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Queen Latifah . Troop Levert . New Jack City . Rap . Promo . LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
QUEEN- CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE/ SPREAD YOUR WINGS 7" LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Queen - The Works (2011 REMASTER DULUXE EDITION) KOREA 2CD *SEALED* US $19.90 Buy It Now 1h 29m
LIBERTY MUSIC SHOP 164-JUDD REES -KINGS A QUEEN AT HEART (GAY) /FLOSSIE THE FROG US $10.49 [2 bids]
Queen - The Miracle (2011 REMASTER DULUXE EDITION) KOREA 2CD *SEALED* US $19.90 Buy It Now 1h 32m
QUEEN 5063 SPIRITUAL SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT WINGS OVER JORDAN 78 RECORD US $2.99 [0 bids]
Queen - Innuendo (2011 REMASTER DULUXE EDITION) KOREA 2CD *SEALED* US $19.90 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Queen Greatest Hits Record Vinyl US $6.50 [1 bids]
Queen's "Classic Queen" Compact Disc, CD - Excellent Condition US $5.00 [0 bids]
Highlander Original Soundtrack & Score (CD,2013, Immortal/EMI) feat. Queen US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Queen - A Kind Of Magic (2011 REMASTER DULUXE EDITION) KOREA 2CD *SEALED* US $19.90 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Queen - Deep Cuts 3 (2011 REMASTER) KOREA CD *SEALED* US $15.90 Buy It Now 1h 46m
QUEEN Hot Space ROCK LP ELEKTRA Orig Lyric Inner NO BARCODE US $5.00 [0 bids]
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - Ltd Edition Framed 24KT Gold Record Display. US $89.43 Buy It Now 1h 50m
JENNY DARREN Queen of Fools ROCK LP DJM Promo US $5.00 [0 bids]
ELEKTRA/ASYLUM Summer Sampler ROCK LP ELEKTRA White Label Promo Bob Dylan QUEEN US $5.00 [0 bids]
QUEEN Flash Gordon Soundtrack ROCK LP ELEKTRA Orig Inner EMBOSSED No Barcode US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Smiths: The Queen Is Dead (CD, Sire) US $7.95 [0 bids]
Queen "The Game" LP Album - 1980 US $3.00 [0 bids]
QUEEN 7" PS Japan NOW I'M HERE ,KEEP YOURSELF ALIVE s1213 US $16.80 Buy It Now 1h 54m
1976 ~~ Queen ~~ New of the World Gatefold LP Elektra Asylum Record #R 134355 US $14.50 Buy It Now 2h
The Smiths: The Queen Is Dead. Morrissey. German Import. Green Vinyl. US $50.00 [0 bids]
Queen News of The World Record Vinyl US $6.50 [0 bids]
PURCELL / EBS / GARDINER - MUSIC FOR QUEEN MARY NEW CD US $13.25 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Sheer Heart Attack by Queen LP Record US $3.95 [0 bids]
IVY QUEEN - MUSA NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 2h 26m
In Nuce by Queen (CD, Sep-1995, Milestone Records (Label)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Queen Of The Night The Michael Wynn Band~1978 Rock~Ariola SW 50027~FAST SHIPPING US $10.45 Buy It Now 2h 31m
LP; Robert Fripp ?- God Save The Queen / Under Heavy Manners - Polydor PD-1-6266 US $17.00 [0 bids]
Queen - S/T Self-Titled Debut LP - In Shrink - EKS 75064 US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Queen Of The Flat Top Guitar, Lena Hughes, New US $15.58 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Beauty Queen Sister, Indigo Girls, New US $20.58 Buy It Now 2h 40m
CARLA THOMAS= REEL TO REEL=THE QUEEN ALONE=TESTED=RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
JESSICA WILLIAMS QUEEN OF FOOLS 1983 12" SINGLE JDC0046 SIMON SOUSSAN DISCO 1979 US $2.00 [0 bids]
MOTT THE HOOPLE - ROCK AND ROLL QUEEN VINYL ALBUM LP US $14.11 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Patsy Cline COUNTRY QUEEN CD The Intitial Music Collection NEW US $6.00 [0 bids]
Little Queen - Heart (Cassette 1990) in NM US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Gryphon - Red Queen To Gryphon Three - LP ('74 BELL 1316) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Big Mama Thornton- Big Mama The Queen At Monterey-Vol. 2 W/Chicago Blues Band-LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Donna Summer Bad Girls 2 Lp Casablanca 7150 Gatefold Stereo Disco Queen VG L@@K US $4.95 [0 bids]
Blessed Mother as Queen and Baby Jesus Stationery Catholic 75 Piece Collection US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
USA PRINTED!! QUEEN - THE GAME ELEKTRA 5E 513 WITH LYRIC SLEEVE RECORD LP VYNL US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Queen Latifah - Order in the Court - SEALED VINYL LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h
Queen V US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 2m
1970 CLASSIC ROCK Mountain - Climbing LP MISSISSIPPI QUEEN BOYS IN THE BAND 4501 US $3.99 [0 bids]
3CD The Five Queen 5??? ???? ??????????????? + Free Postage US $23.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
QUEEN I Want It All / Hang On In There 45 US $14.07 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Heart - Little Queen 1977 Cassette Rock US $2.75 Buy It Now 3h 14m
QUEEN-THE GAME-JAPAN SHM-CD E50 US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN - Til Death:T-shirt - NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 3h 18m
I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN - Til Death:T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 3h 19m
I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN - Til Death:T-shirt - NEW - SMALL ONLY US $28.23 Buy It Now 3h 19m
The Edgar Winter Group?7"?QUEEN OF MY DREAMS?japan?EX?!! US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
HEART LITTLE QUEEN LP RECORD VINYL ALBUM 70s CLASSIC ROCK shelf1 sec6 US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Handel, Oboe Concertos, Queen of Sheba, Roger Lord, Neville Marriner, New LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Curse of the Red Queen, Croatan (NEW CD 2001) PUNK ROCK US $1.00 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Queen Crab by Smack Dab (CD, 1993, Homestead) BRAND NEW, SEALED US $7.07 Buy It Now 3h 53m
QUEEN news of the world Japan MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD US $45.50 Buy It Now 3h 56m
The Good, the Bad and the Queen Original press 2XLP vinyl UK damon albarn blur US $60.00 [1 bids]
QUEEN Jazz LP original NM w/ shrink + hype sticker + nude bicycle race poster US $15.50 [10 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS JAPAN MADE SHM CD NEW 18 TRACKS OUT OF PRINT UICY-15001 US $41.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
KAT-TUN III Queen of Pirates CD + DVD Album (Limited + Regular Edition) * Japan US $94.09 Buy It Now 4h 9m
QUEEN LIVE IN HOUSTON 1977 2 CD Mini LP Mercury May Deacon Taylor Bohemian US $42.00 [8 bids]
HANK LOCKLIN - Queen Of Hearts / Mysteries Of Life DECCA 29030 78rpm US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 27m
QUEEN LIVE KILLERS JAPAN 2 MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE TOCP-67461 US $95.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Queen Wembley Japan Laser Disc Sticker Freddie Mercury US $99.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Queen - Queen II LP - EKS 75082 US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 52m
QUEEN MADE IN HEAVEN (1995) JAPAN CD TOCP-65855 REMASTERED US $17.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Vintage Rock Group HEART Little Queen 1977 Cassette Tape US $6.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN classic vol.1 '93 LP mega rare the only vinyl issue UNPLAYED not on ebay US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h
QUEEN classic vol.2 '93 LP mega rare the only vinyl issue UNPLAYED not on ebay US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(21%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

QUEEN You're My Best Friend / '39 reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'You're My Best Friend / '39' - Queen (Single)

While the song that most people are going to be more familiar with here is 'You're My Best Friend' (one of the band's most commercially sucessful and accessible songs,) the song here that really shines is actually the b-side, '39.' While it's never received much attention, it stands as being one of my favourite Queen songs.

The song is in the sub-genre of 'filk,' a type of folk that revolves around science fiction and storytelling. To summarize, '39' tells the story of space explorers who travel at speeds faster than light for a year... However, when they get back, due to time dilation, while only a year has passed for them, many have passed back home on Earth, and everyone they knew is dead. While the song is short, the way it tells the story is very well done, and this is one of the few times we hear Brian May sing! In a way, I think that Freddy would have not worked for the song, as he is too theatrical for it. Brian May's voice is down to earth and works perfectly for the storyline.

'You're My Best Friend' is a catchy song and uplifting, but doesn't have the replay value of '39' of many other songs. Perfect choice for a hit single though, and this song gave 'A Night At The Opera' some of the attention it needed to suceed.

Both good songs, but one is clearly better than the other.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#279159) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 23, 2010

Review by Guillermo
3 stars "You`re my Best Friend" was composed by John Deacon, and it is also one of my favourite songs from Queen, and it was a good choice of a song to be released as a single. A melodic song, simple, and with some Pop Rock influences, with a Wurlitzer electric piano played by Deacon. It is maybe one of the most famous songs from the band from the seventies, and with "Spread Your Wings", in my opinion it is also one of the best songs that Deacon (who was not a very prolific songwriter in comparison to the other members of the band) composed. It was played in an abridged form in some of the live recordings that I have listened from this song, and with Freddie Mercury playing a Grand Piano instead because he did not like the sound of the Wurlitzer..

The "B" side, "`39", is a song composed by Brian May and with lead vocals by him. It is a song with some Folk Rock influences, played with acoustic guitar and with good backing vocals. It also was played by the band in concert very often but with lead vocals by Mercury instead of May..

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1149538) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 17, 2014

Post a review of QUEEN "You're My Best Friend / '39"