KEEPER OF THE FLAME

Jantien de Laaf - background vocals
Tijn Smit - keyboards
Jacques Van Pol

Vinyl LP Jaws JAWS 554-1

Thanks to alberto muoz for the addition

GOLDEN EARRING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GOLDEN EARRING Keeper of The Flame Music

Keeper of the FlameKeeper of the Flame
Imports 2004
LP eight miles high ~ USD $21.71
LP from heaven from hell ~ USD $28.41
LP moontan ~ USD $22.58
CD on the double ~ USD $13.75
CD seven tears ~ USD $13.75

More places to buy GOLDEN EARRING music online Buy GOLDEN EARRING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GOLDEN EARRING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GOLDEN EARRING Keeper of The Flame ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

GOLDEN EARRING Keeper of The Flame reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Well, here we go! The turn of the eighties for ''Golden Earring''.

It has been quite a ride since their debut and very Beatles-esque ''Just Earrings'' recorded in 1965. So far, the band released very little poor efforts (only ''Winter Harvest'' belongs to this description IMHHO).

But unfortunately, this ''Keeper Of The Flame'' doesn't keep any GE flame at all. The opener is a real nightmare: some of the poorest funky-disco stuff ever available. It is true that GE has been a prolific band, which released almost one album each year. But the eighties were different: five albums in a lapse of ten years. And this one is the album too much, I'm afraid.

The flame is definitely not burning during the pitiful ''Too Much Woman''

Surprisingly enough, one the weakest elements is the vocal from Barry during most of the tracks. He has always been a great ingredient to the music played by this once excellent Dutch band. Of course, this album is not a total waste (this would mean zero star) but even the average rock song ''One Word'' can't prevent this album to be considered as their weakest ever so far.

The heavy and less inspired title track is another example of what should be avoided: no melody, no feel, no solo, no nothing. Only some dreadful heavy funky mood. Press next. But the next key won't provide you any joy.

I can't believe what I heard when I discovered this album. Their last release (''The Hole'') was a good surprise to my ears and even if the great GE was no longer available, the band always achieved in releasing some very good tracks on each album.

This one is a desert.

A combination of weak disco-rock stuff that is best avoided (''Turn The World Around''). It is a difficult job to listen to this work. I have lived with this band during my teenage days (I know that a long time has passed?) and to listen to such a poor delivery is something hardly conceivable. Maybe ''Save My Prayer''...is saving this joke.

I only can rate this album with one star even if ''Distant Love'' is quite better (even good) than the rest of the music available.

Gosh! Where is the flame???

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#219974) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 05, 2009

Post a review of GOLDEN EARRING "Keeper of The Flame"