STYXWORLD LIVE 2001

Styx

Styx Styxworld Live 2001 album cover

Buy STYX Music
Live, released in 2001

1. Rockin' The Paradise (4:12)
2. High Enough (2:07)
3. Lorelei (4:07)
4. A Criminal Mind (5:59)
5. Love Is The Ritual (5:31)
6. Boat On The River (4:25)
7. Half-Penny, Two Penny (6:35)
8. Sing For The Day (4:22)
9. Snowblind (5:22)
10. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough (2:45)
11. Crystal Ball (6:28)
12. Miss America (6:19)
13. Come Sail Away (10:11)

Search STYX Styxworld Live 2001 lyrics

Search STYX Styxworld Live 2001 tabs

- Tommy Shaw / vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, mandolin
- James "JY" Young / vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, supplemental keysboards
- Todd Sucherman / drums and percussion
- Glen Burtnik / vocals, bass, guitar
- Lawrence Gowen / vocals and keyboards
- Chuck Panozzo / bass

CMC Records International 06076-86311-2

STYX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STYX Styxworld Live 2001 Music

Crystal BallCrystal Ball
EquinoxEquinox
CornerstoneCornerstone
STYX CORNERSTONE SEALED USA LP W/ HYPE STICKER US $22.99 Buy It Now 43m 52s
Styx Cornerstone 1st Sterling Audiophile 1979 Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $19.20 Buy It Now 53m 50s
Paradise Theater by Styx (Cassette, Oct-1980, A&M Records) US $2.00 Buy It Now 57m 51s
Styx - Don't Let It End / Rockin The Paradise, A&M AM-120 Ex Condition US $6.63 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Styx Paradise Theater ARCHIVE MASTER 1980 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! A+ SND! US $44.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Styx 45 Babe / I'm O.K. US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 9m
STYX- 7"Single- The Best Of Times/Lights, EX+ (near mint) US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 10m
STYX-PARADISE THEATRE-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $42.50 Buy It Now 1h 17m
ROADIE-OST,1980,UK DBL LP,WARNER,MEAT LOAF,ALICE COOPER,CHEAP TRICK,STYX,EX US $13.27 Buy It Now 1h 19m
STYX-PARADISE THEATRE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $48.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Entertainment Weekly Greatest Hits of 1975 New CD Styx Captain & Tennille AVB US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
STYX - SING FOR THE DAY - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1978 US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Styx 45 Sing For The Day / Queen Of Spades w/ts US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Styx(Vinyl LP)Best Of-RCA-PL 13116-UK-VG/VG+ US $10.45 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Styx " Cornerstone " 8 track tape cartridge US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Styx 45 The Best Of Times / Lights US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Styx 45 Nothing Ever Goes As Planned / Never Say Never w/ts US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
STYX-ORIGINAL INTERVIEW N PIC-21.2.1981-REO SPEEDWAGON US $3.07 [0 bids]
STYX 'KILROY WAS HERE' US IMPORT LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 2h 12m
STYX 'BEST OF STYX' UK LP US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h 12m
STYX 'CORNERSTONE' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 2h 12m
STYX 'CAUGHT IN THE ACT - LIVE' UK DOUBLE LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 2h 12m
STYX 'PARADISE THEATRE' UK ETCHED DISC LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 2h 12m
STYX 'STYX 1' UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 2h 12m
STYX 'MAN OF MIRACLES' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $33.20 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Styx The Grand Illusuion 1979 CRC Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, POSTER, EXC US $17.60 Buy It Now 2h 14m
TOMMY SHAW 'GIRLS WITH GUNS' UK LP STYX US $13.27 Buy It Now 2h 14m
STYX/yesterday & today HARD ROCK new tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
New FOREIGNER STYX TOUR 2014 NEW SHIRT E111 BLACK TEE SHIRT SIZE S M L XL 2XL US $20.88 Buy It Now 2h 30m
New FOREIGNER STYX TOUR 2014 NEW SHIRT E111 BLACK TEE SHIRT SIZE S M L XL 2XL US $21.88 Buy It Now 2h 30m
New FOREIGNER STYX TOUR 2014 NEW SHIRT E111 BLACK TEE SHIRT SIZE S M L XL 2XL US $23.88 Buy It Now 2h 30m
PURE MAGIC/var artist STYX toto WARWICK police NEW cassette TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
HARD ROCK ESSENTIALS 70s styx PETER FRAMPTON free ROD STEWART allman b RARE TAPE US $3.38 [0 bids]
Styx 45 Don't Let It End / (A.D. 1928) Rockin' The Paradise US $1.50 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Styx - Regeneration (NEW CD) US $21.16 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Styx - Grand Illusion & And Pieces Of Eight Live (NEW CD) US $21.16 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Styx 45 High Time / Double Life w/ts US $1.50 Buy It Now 3h 23m
STYX / "BABE - I'M OK" / A&M / 1979 / 45rpm 7" vinyl US $1.75 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Styx Sing For The Day 45 RPM 7", Good US $1.50 Buy It Now 3h 58m
STYX Pieces Of Eight 1978 12 Vinyl LP Gold Vinyl Canadian Edition SP 4724 US $11.89 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Styx - 3 LPS Crystal Ball, Paradise Theater & Kilroy Was Here Origs. US $4.99 [0 bids]
Styx 45 w/ps MR. ROBOTO / SNOWBLINDED ~ VG+ to VG++ US $2.92 Buy It Now 4h 26m
DBX Encoded LP Styx Pieces of Eight 1980 Nautilus NR 15 US $25.00 [0 bids]
STYX Paradise Theater LP Etched Vinyl 1980 A&M SP-3719 VG/VG Gatefold US $4.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Cornerstone (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $34.86 Buy It Now 4h 56m
STYX CORNERSTONE 1979 UK A&M RECORDS GATEFOLD VINYL LP*NEAR MINT ITEM THROUGHOUT US $16.52 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Styx, "The Grand Illusion" Vinyl LP - 1977 A & M Records SP 4637 Album US $5.00 [0 bids]
5h
STYX Greatest Hits 1995 A&M CD 70s & 80s Come Sail Away Babe Mr Roboto 16 Songs US $9.77 Buy It Now 5h 9m
GOWAN/STYX-HOME FIELD-1998 US $6.29 [0 bids]
Styx 45 RPM Babe and I'm Ok A&M records with Jacket US $7.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Caught in the Act & Kilroy Was Here (Cassettes) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Styx I CD. one 1 US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
STYX Pieces of Eight RECORD 1978 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Regeneration, Vol. I & II [Digipak] by Styx NEW SEALED CD, 2011, 2 Discs, Eagle US $11.98 Buy It Now 5h 56m
GHETTO HYPNOTISM VOL. 1 RARE OOP FLINT MI RAP CD HTF 2003 T-DUB PAK SLIXTA STYX US $19.99 [0 bids]
* STYX "KILROY WAS HERE" A&M SP-3734 1983 GATEFOLD NEAR MINT VINYL LP * US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Styx - Paradise Theater [CD New] US $5.21 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Styx - Millennium Collection-20th Century Masters [CD New] US $6.23 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Styx - Greatest Hits [CD New] US $10.74 Buy It Now 6h 20m
STYX I'm Gonna Make You Feel It 45 7" US ORIGINAL NM 1971 PROMO RARE US $9.98 Buy It Now 6h 21m
STYX BEST OF US $7.99 [0 bids]
STYX PARADISE THEATER US $7.99 [0 bids]
Dennis DeYoung - Desert Moon SP 5006 USA LP 1983 A&M Styx US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 31m
STYX PARADISE THEATER- BROWN LABEL OPAQUE SIDE 2-RARE 70'SROCK A US $4.99 [0 bids]
STYX THE BEST OF TIMES SEALED CD NEW GREATEST HITS US $3.86 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Disco Mania 20 Original Hits 20 Original Stars LP. KTEL TU 2410. STYX, KISS, BTO US $3.00 [0 bids]
STYX**BEST OF **CD US $8.03 Buy It Now 6h 52m
DISCO MANIA COMPILATION 20 HITS TU 2410 KISS KOOL AND THE GANG STYX AND MORE KTE US $3.99 [0 bids]
STYX Blue Collar Man 7" Blue Vinyl, Gatefold Sleeve, Orig 1978 Ltd Edition, B/W US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 3m
STYX Love Is The Ritual 7" Ps, B/W Homewrecker, Am 709 US $6.63 Buy It Now 7h 3m
STYX Mr Roboto 7" Ps, Edited Version From The Album Kilroy Was Here B/W Snowbli US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 3m
STYX The Best Of Times 7" Laser Etched Disc, Ps, Orig 1980 Ltd Edition, B/W Lig US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 3m
STYX The Best Of Times 7" Ps, Dutch Pressing (Ex-/Ex) US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 3m
STYX The Best Of Times 7" Standard Usa Release, B/W Lights, Am 2300 US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 3m
STYX The Best Of Times 7" Usa Dj Issue Vinyl Single, Ps (Vg/Ex) US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Pieces of Eight LP by Styx US $3.25 [0 bids]
Styx Babe b/w I'm O.K. on A&M Records, Very good #2188-S 45-rpm Record US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Styx, Near Mint, KillRoy Was Here, VG++ Cover, VG+, Record LP 33, SP 3734 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Styx, VG++, Equinox, VG++ Cover, VG+, Record LP 33, SP 4559 US $6.59 [0 bids]
STYX - THE GRAND ILLUSION - ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING - MFSL 1-026 - 1977 US $39.95 [0 bids]
TOMMY SHAW LONELY SCHOOL 12" SINGLE LP RARE 1984 PROMO NEAR MINT VINYL STYX US $6.39 Buy It Now 7h 59m
STYX - PARADISE THEATER - HALF SPEED MASTER - GATEFOLD - NAUTILUS - NR 45 US $29.95 [0 bids]
Cornerstone by Styx (Cassette, May-1984, A&M Records) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Styx 45 RPM Record-Babe US $1.00 [0 bids]
Styx 45 RPM Record-Babe US $1.00 [0 bids]
Cornerstone by Styx (Cassette, May-1984, A&M Records) US $0.99 Buy It Now 8h 33m
7 record lot - Triumph - Styx Equinox - Ted Nugent - Cheap Trick Marseille more US $16.99 [0 bids]
Eagles, The Alan Parsons Project, Chicago, Styx, April Wine, The Cars used 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 38m
STYX KILROY WAS HERE SP 3734 GOOD CONDITION US $5.00 [0 bids]
LOT OF 10 GREAT ROCK CASSETTES STYX REO U2 HEART REM VAN HALEN LOT 27 US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h
Kancheli Gubaidulina Yuri Bashmet Mariinsky Orchestra Styx Viola Concerto CD Ex. US $12.95 [0 bids]
STYX "PARADISE THEATER" LP 1980 CANADA ETCHED EXC!! US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Styx "Cornerstone" 1979 Rock LP, VG+, Original, Vinyl US $2.95 Buy It Now 9h 29m
STYX: Paradise Theatre SEALED Original SOUTH AMERICA Pressing LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 30m
STYX ----8 ROCK ALBUMS---PIECES OF EIGHT+ THE GRAND ILLUSION+ PARADISE THEATRE US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Bronz - Taken By Storm + 1 (AOR, Castle Music 2001, Monroe, Tobruk, Torino, Styx US $16.59 [0 bids]
Styx - Paradise Theatre - Audio Fidelity Hybrid SACD US $53.13 Buy It Now 9h 47m
VINYL LP Styx - Paradise Theater A&M SP3719 / Etched Vinyl STERLING Ted Jensen US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 50m

More places to buy STYX music online Buy STYX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STYX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STYX Styxworld Live 2001 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

STYX Styxworld Live 2001 reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars I saw Styx live in 1976 in support of their Grand Illusion album. I remember being in absolute awe of how good they were live. How could anybody be that good live? I asked myself. Well, they were that good, and they still are. And to this day I think it was the best live concert that I have ever seen. Now it is 2001, and here I sit with a StyxWorld Live 2001 CD in my hand. I can't express the excitement I felt when I opened the package and saw this CD. I stopped listening to this group after Paradise Theater, and then I followed Tommy Shaw's solo career and the groups he was in over the years for a while, then I just lost interest. I have interest again, and in a very big way.

Styx is minus Dennis DeYoung, but they are still the core of what they were when they started. Tommy Shaw (guitar, vocals) and James "JY" Young (guitar, vocals) are the long-standing guiding lights and the glue that has held the Styx phenomenon in place all of these years. They both can still sing and play a mean guitar. The soaring harmonies and rocking melodic guitars is the trademark of this band.

The only time I really missed DeYoung's touch was on "Come Sail Away," it's just not the same without him. Lawrence Gowan does a fine job fronting the group, and his voice bears a startling resemblance to DeYoung's, which is why the group asked him to join I am sure. The tracks where JY and Shaw sing lead were the most enjoyable for me. I discovered Styx back in the seventies by listening to the albums Equinox and Crystal Ball, and that is when I really enjoyed them the most, so it was relatively easy for me to get completely engrossed in this CD. Old friend and former bass player Chuck Panozzo shows up to stand in for a guest appearance to bring you back to the good old days when it all began. I had chills throughout the entire run of this, and there aren't too many albums that do that to me.

The one song that just blew me away was "Love Is The Ritual," what a rocker! Styx still has what takes, and they are so much better than the majority of recording artists that are claiming to be the real deal. JY had his moment with his song "Miss America"; I have always loved that number. His vocals are so commanding and strong. I can see Alice Cooper performing that song with a whiplash smile now. It has those cynical and dark lyrics that would be perfect for the king of shock of rock. JY does fine job with it though, it's a perfect match for his deep voice and the fat power chords he keeps pumping out while singing. It's a chill and a thrill a minute with each song on this CD. The recordings are taken from all over the world, and it's a good mixture of their career over the years. They touch upon each decade that they recorded. A special bonus is "Sing For The Day," which was never before performed live, and the Don Henley and Patty Smyth song "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough." The Damn Yankees' (a supergroup with Tommy Shaw) great song "High Enough" is recorded for the first time by Styx, making this an all encompassing recording that reflects different aspects of the group and the individual efforts of the members as well.

I know I am gushing and carrying on about this CD, I can't help myself. I have always appreciated Styx and their talent. All of them can sing and play with equal expertise, and they do to this day. Yes, the magic is still within their grasp, and they are seizing the moment. You can't miss out on this CD, you owe it to yourself to buy this CD. If you don't, hang your head in shame. They are also keeping up with the times, as their website is excellent ... it's very hip and very cool. The true disciples of rock and roll will be able to relate to every word I say... Styx is back!

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#17433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 26, 2005

5 stars The shot in the ass that they needed. Lawrence Gowin leaves Dennis De Young in a cloud of dust ! Their is a reason for the rebirth of this great band. They never gave up on what they do best. This line up is possibly their best ever. Don't miss them, for they will astonish you on stage.!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#68673) | Posted by titfortat03 | Tuesday, February 07, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Anyone who has seriously listened to Styx' dramatic, pomped-up pop/rock has an opinion about ex-frontman/ keyboardist Dennis DeYoung. Many think DDY was an essential part of Styx, citing his tremendous singing voice and sweet songwriting touch. Some, however, think that DDY was holding the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#17432) | Posted by | Thursday, July 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STYX "Styxworld Live 2001"