STYXWORLD LIVE 2001

Styx

Styx Styxworld Live 2001 album cover

Buy STYX Music
Live, released in 2001

1. Rockin' The Paradise (4:12)
2. High Enough (2:07)
3. Lorelei (4:07)
4. A Criminal Mind (5:59)
5. Love Is The Ritual (5:31)
6. Boat On The River (4:25)
7. Half-Penny, Two Penny (6:35)
8. Sing For The Day (4:22)
9. Snowblind (5:22)
10. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough (2:45)
11. Crystal Ball (6:28)
12. Miss America (6:19)
13. Come Sail Away (10:11)

Search STYX Styxworld Live 2001 lyrics

Search STYX Styxworld Live 2001 tabs

- Tommy Shaw / vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, mandolin
- James "JY" Young / vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, supplemental keysboards
- Todd Sucherman / drums and percussion
- Glen Burtnik / vocals, bass, guitar
- Lawrence Gowen / vocals and keyboards
- Chuck Panozzo / bass

CMC Records International 06076-86311-2

STYX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STYX Styxworld Live 2001 Music

Kilroy Was HereKilroy Was Here
Complete Wooden Nickel RecordingsComplete Wooden Nickel Recordings
Remastered
Hip-O Records 2005
TOMMY SHAW GIRLS WITH GUNS RARE OOP NEW SEALED CD Styx US $159.99 Buy It Now 45m 48s
STYX "STYX II" CASSETTE 1973 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Styx The Best Of Times - The Best Of Styx CD NEW (UK Import) US $8.62 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Paradise Theater by Styx (CD, Oct-1980, A&M (USA)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Foreigner Styx Donfelder Summer Live Tour 2014 FX4 Tee T - Shirt S M L XL Size US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
RIVER STYX BLUES EMP - 1967-72 - NEW CD US $11.48 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Styx 'Pieces of Eight' FACTORY SEALED NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Styx - 5 Classic Albums 5cd (2012) - Used - Compact Disc US $29.96 Buy It Now 4h 46m
A&M is on the rise JAPAN LP PROMO ONLY it Police Styx Joe Jackson US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Styx 'Pieces of Eight' PICTURE DISC FACTORY SEALED NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Styx - Crystal Ball CD US $9.50 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Styx - Yesterday & Today CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Styx - Cornerstone CD US $9.50 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Styx - Paradise Theater CD US $9.50 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Styx - Equinox CD US $9.50 Buy It Now 5h 23m
STYX Babe /I'm OK Orig 1979 AOR CLASSIC UK 7" Vinyl 45 Vinyl A US $1.70 Buy It Now 5h 25m
River Styx Blues Emporium - 1967-72 CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 5h 26m
STYX BEST OF JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Kancheli Tavener - Styx CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Styx......Cornerstone...... Vinyl Album US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 20m
STYX REPPOO JAPAN ONLY US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
STYX Renegade & Sing for the Day A&M 45 RPM Record 2110-S US $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Styx, "The Grand Illusion" Vinyl LP - 1977 A & M Records SP 4637 Album US $5.00 [0 bids]
Styx - Cornerstone Import-EU Vinyl Record LP US $36.58 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Styx Lady Re-Issue, STUNNING SOUND, Near Mint, CLEAN, 1980 US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Styx II "Original LP, Wooden Nickle US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Styx "Pieces of Eight" Original LP Gatefold w/ Promo Stamp US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
1979 STYX Babe / I'm OK 7" 45 rpm A&M 2188-S NM- Vinyl US $3.30 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Styx ,Cornerstone LP Record ,very good condition, 1979 Pressing US $12.00 [0 bids]
STYX The Grand Illusion NM still in shrink wrap Lp US $7.56 [0 bids]
1979 Styx Cornerstone Vinyl LP Portrait CBS Records G/G+ SP-3711 US $2.24 Buy It Now 7h 7m
STYX FOREIGNER & DON FELDER Autographed SIGNED Exclusive SOUNDTRACK OF SUMMER CD US $38.50 [4 bids]
Styx Caught in The Act Live 2 Lp's NM/NM+ Vinyl US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 16m
STYX -REPPOO STYX JAPAN OBI INSERT rock LP US $6.98 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Shaw Blades - Influence (CD 2007) DAMN YANKEES STYX NIGHT RANGER Mint #48 US $12.58 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Styx The Grand Illusion LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Styx Crystal Ball LP A&M SP 4604 Sterling in Runoff Original Inner VG US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h
STYX -CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE M- rock 2LP US $10.98 Buy It Now 8h 7m
James Young Lp Jan Hammer City Slicker w Sleeve & Insert Nr Mint Minty x Styx US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Styx - Caught in the Act Live 1984 A&M 2LP vinyl Dennis DeYoung Tommy Shaw US $11.00 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Styx Cornerstone LP A&M Records SP-3711 Vinyl is VG US $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Chronicles [Long Box] - Styx - BRAND NEW US $19.99 [0 bids]
STYX -KILROY WAS HERE rock LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 8h 54m
Rare Styx Lady EX vintage vinyl record RCA AFL-3594-A/AOL 1-3594 1980 re-release US $4.49 Buy It Now 9h 5m
STYX THE GRAND ILLUSION LP HAS POSTER US $16.00 Buy It Now 9h 30m
STYX CRYSTAL BALL LP IN SHRINK US $16.00 Buy It Now 9h 30m
STYX TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS / QUEEN OF SPADED 7" 45 RECORD A&M 2323-S US $3.49 Buy It Now 9h 37m
STYX / TUBES 12" GOLD - 2 TRACKS BY EACH BAND - RARE - LIKE NEW US $9.90 Buy It Now 9h 40m
NEW SEALED Kansas Song For America Expanded Remaster CD 2004 Epic rush elp styx US $10.99 Buy It Now 9h 45m
STYX "LOVE IS THE RITUAL" RARE MEXICAN 7" PROMOTIONAL SINGLE Read shipp fees NEW US $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Dennis DeYoung(Styx)-magazine advert US $8.47 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Styx LP Lady 1972-74 Early Cuts VG++ US $8.50 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Styx-Borrowed Time (VG+) Promo US $9.00 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Tommy Shaw 7 Deadly Zens Enhanced CD with Bonus Video NEW-SEALED styx US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Tribute To Styx - Worlds Greatest Tribute To Styx [CD New] US $10.06 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Styx - Icon [CD New] US $11.66 Buy It Now 10h 46m
Styx - Paradise Theater [CD New] US $28.99 Buy It Now 10h 46m
STYX Cornerstone-A&M LP-SP3711-GC US $13.00 Buy It Now 10h 51m
Icon by Styx (CD, Aug-2010, A&M (USA)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
STYX KILROY WAS HERE JAPAN ORIGINAL AUDIOPHILE PRISTINE VINYL USA SELLER US $14.99 [0 bids]
STYX - I'M O.K. - SING FOR THE DAY - JAPAN 7" 45 JAPANESE US $29.99 [0 bids]
Classics, Vol. 15 by Styx (CD, 1987, A&M (USA) D-114822) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 14m
Styx Paradise Theatre LP 1980 A&M SP-3719 Gatefold Sterling Laser Vinyl Record US $9.49 Buy It Now 11h 14m
"CORNERSTONE" STYX LP VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
STYX EQUINOX VINTAGE RARE 8 TRACK TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $3.20 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Extended Versions by Styx (CD, Feb-2000, BMG Special Products) US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 24m
STYX - Crystal Ball (1976) NM LP Vinyl US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Grand Illusion [HDCD] Styx (Audio Fidelity) Gold CD! US $35.00 [4 bids]
STYX / Crystal Ball Japan mini lp shm cd new US $65.00 [0 bids]
STYX - Paradise Theater - Original Laser Etched Vinyl - A&M Records - EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
Big Bang Theory by Styx (CD, May-2005, New Door Records) US $2.00 [0 bids]
STYX - PIECES OF EIGHT (SP4724) VG+ cond. awsome gatefold album w/song lryics! US $7.00 Buy It Now 12h 7m
Lot of 2 Styx " Grand Illusion" & The Who "It's Hard" US $0.99 [0 bids]
STYX II VINYL LP RECORD WOODEN NICKEL WNS-1012 "Lady" US $6.95 Buy It Now 12h 23m
STYX - Cornerstone - Original Vinyl & Backopen Sleeve - A&M Records - VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Far Out LP Various Ronco 20 Hits Styx Hayes Gaynor 1975 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 37m
Classics, Vol. 15 by Styx (CD, Oct-1990, A&M (USA)) US $1.79 [1 bids]
STYX Paradise Theatre LP Vinyl MEGA UK press N MINT NM Gatefold Sleeve A1 / B1 US $8.47 [2 bids]
Styx - Cornerstone - MOV - 180 Gram - New US $19.00 Buy It Now 12h 50m
Classics, Vol. 15 by Styx (CD, Oct-1990, A&M (USA)) US $4.00 Buy It Now 12h 57m
Cornerstone by Styx VG+ Classic Rock Vinyl LP Record w Sleeve US $3.19 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Styx - Cornerstone (Vinyl, 1979) VG US $3.99 [0 bids]
Styx "Compact Hits" CD4 1988 A&M Limited Edition US $25.00 Buy It Now 13h 18m

More places to buy STYX music online Buy STYX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STYX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STYX Styxworld Live 2001 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

STYX Styxworld Live 2001 reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars I saw Styx live in 1976 in support of their Grand Illusion album. I remember being in absolute awe of how good they were live. How could anybody be that good live? I asked myself. Well, they were that good, and they still are. And to this day I think it was the best live concert that I have ever seen. Now it is 2001, and here I sit with a StyxWorld Live 2001 CD in my hand. I can't express the excitement I felt when I opened the package and saw this CD. I stopped listening to this group after Paradise Theater, and then I followed Tommy Shaw's solo career and the groups he was in over the years for a while, then I just lost interest. I have interest again, and in a very big way.

Styx is minus Dennis DeYoung, but they are still the core of what they were when they started. Tommy Shaw (guitar, vocals) and James "JY" Young (guitar, vocals) are the long-standing guiding lights and the glue that has held the Styx phenomenon in place all of these years. They both can still sing and play a mean guitar. The soaring harmonies and rocking melodic guitars is the trademark of this band.

The only time I really missed DeYoung's touch was on "Come Sail Away," it's just not the same without him. Lawrence Gowan does a fine job fronting the group, and his voice bears a startling resemblance to DeYoung's, which is why the group asked him to join I am sure. The tracks where JY and Shaw sing lead were the most enjoyable for me. I discovered Styx back in the seventies by listening to the albums Equinox and Crystal Ball, and that is when I really enjoyed them the most, so it was relatively easy for me to get completely engrossed in this CD. Old friend and former bass player Chuck Panozzo shows up to stand in for a guest appearance to bring you back to the good old days when it all began. I had chills throughout the entire run of this, and there aren't too many albums that do that to me.

The one song that just blew me away was "Love Is The Ritual," what a rocker! Styx still has what takes, and they are so much better than the majority of recording artists that are claiming to be the real deal. JY had his moment with his song "Miss America"; I have always loved that number. His vocals are so commanding and strong. I can see Alice Cooper performing that song with a whiplash smile now. It has those cynical and dark lyrics that would be perfect for the king of shock of rock. JY does fine job with it though, it's a perfect match for his deep voice and the fat power chords he keeps pumping out while singing. It's a chill and a thrill a minute with each song on this CD. The recordings are taken from all over the world, and it's a good mixture of their career over the years. They touch upon each decade that they recorded. A special bonus is "Sing For The Day," which was never before performed live, and the Don Henley and Patty Smyth song "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough." The Damn Yankees' (a supergroup with Tommy Shaw) great song "High Enough" is recorded for the first time by Styx, making this an all encompassing recording that reflects different aspects of the group and the individual efforts of the members as well.

I know I am gushing and carrying on about this CD, I can't help myself. I have always appreciated Styx and their talent. All of them can sing and play with equal expertise, and they do to this day. Yes, the magic is still within their grasp, and they are seizing the moment. You can't miss out on this CD, you owe it to yourself to buy this CD. If you don't, hang your head in shame. They are also keeping up with the times, as their website is excellent ... it's very hip and very cool. The true disciples of rock and roll will be able to relate to every word I say... Styx is back!

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#17433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 26, 2005

5 stars The shot in the ass that they needed. Lawrence Gowin leaves Dennis De Young in a cloud of dust ! Their is a reason for the rebirth of this great band. They never gave up on what they do best. This line up is possibly their best ever. Don't miss them, for they will astonish you on stage.!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#68673) | Posted by titfortat03 | Tuesday, February 07, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Anyone who has seriously listened to Styx' dramatic, pomped-up pop/rock has an opinion about ex-frontman/ keyboardist Dennis DeYoung. Many think DDY was an essential part of Styx, citing his tremendous singing voice and sweet songwriting touch. Some, however, think that DDY was holding the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#17432) | Posted by | Thursday, July 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STYX "Styxworld Live 2001"