STYXWORLD LIVE 2001

Styx

Styx Styxworld Live 2001 album cover

Buy STYX Music
Live, released in 2001

1. Rockin' The Paradise (4:12)
2. High Enough (2:07)
3. Lorelei (4:07)
4. A Criminal Mind (5:59)
5. Love Is The Ritual (5:31)
6. Boat On The River (4:25)
7. Half-Penny, Two Penny (6:35)
8. Sing For The Day (4:22)
9. Snowblind (5:22)
10. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough (2:45)
11. Crystal Ball (6:28)
12. Miss America (6:19)
13. Come Sail Away (10:11)

Search STYX Styxworld Live 2001 lyrics

Search STYX Styxworld Live 2001 tabs

- Tommy Shaw / vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, mandolin
- James "JY" Young / vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, supplemental keysboards
- Todd Sucherman / drums and percussion
- Glen Burtnik / vocals, bass, guitar
- Lawrence Gowen / vocals and keyboards
- Chuck Panozzo / bass

CMC Records International 06076-86311-2

STYX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STYX Styxworld Live 2001 Music

Kilroy Was HereKilroy Was Here
Styx II 8 track tape tested US $0.99 [0 bids]
1h
Styx Cornerstone 8 track tape tested US $0.99 [0 bids]
STYX - The Grand Illusion [HDCD] Styx (Audio Fidelity) 24KT Gold #'D CD! US $66.25 [0 bids]
STYX Paradise Theater LP US $6.00 [0 bids]
STYX Classics Volume 15 1987 A&M Records AAD D114822 US $2.95 [0 bids]
STYX, KILROY WAS HERE - LP RECORD US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Styx Cornerstone 8 track tape tested US $1.99 [0 bids]
Styx Greatest Hits on Cassette...Tons Of Hits US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
K6-86 Vinyl Record Album 45 A&M STYX Dont Let It End Rockin In Paradise! RARE! US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Styx Equinox 8 track tape tested US $1.99 [0 bids]
Styx-Pieces Of Eight LP, Canadian, Used VG,Gold Vinyl, Gatefold cover. US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Styx / Edge of the Century US $4.99 [0 bids]
Styx, The Grand Illusion, A & M SP 4637, 1977 great condition US $2.00 [0 bids]
styx pieces of eight Vinyl Lp US $0.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Caught in the Act & Kilroy Was Here (Cassettes) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 11 Styx 45's and Picture Sleeves. US $7.80 [0 bids]
Styx 70s ROCK 45 Borrowed Time Edited / Album Versions US $8.98 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Styx Lady Vinyl lp 12" US $0.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Grand Illusion [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Styx Classics Volume 15 Music CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Styx Maricles Vinyl LP Record 12" US $0.99 [0 bids]
STYX: CLASSICS, VOLUME 15 CD! HTF US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD-Styx-Big Bang Theory hard rock-they do 60's covers US $8.99 [0 bids]
STYX RENEGADE P/S RED VINYL US $0.65 [0 bids]
Classics, Vol. 15 by Styx (CD, Oct-1990, A&M (USA)) US $1.75 [0 bids]
STYX / BOAT ON THE RIVER 45 w/Picture Sheet 7inch Orig JAPAN ISSUE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
10 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by STYX hard rock NEW CD US $7.89 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Styx Rock Galaxy Vinyl LP - EX US $26.08 Buy It Now 2h 23m
STYX LIGHTS WHY ME NM 45rpm SLSE 275 ACL OFFERS??? US $1.99 [0 bids]
STYX 7'' VINYL, A&M 1980, 2300-S Lights/Best of times US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Styx Paradise Theatre CD (1980, A & M CD-3240) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
JAMES YOUNG GROUP Raised By Wolves RARE CD AOR Styx US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Styx - Pieces Of Eight [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Styx "LADY"/Children Of The Land 45 RPM US $0.01 [1 bids]
TIME LIFE- The 80s Collection - Best of 1981 2-CD (Pop/Rock) Styx/Kim Carnes/ELO US $6.51 [0 bids]
STYX The Grand Illusion Cassette Tape US $3.95 [0 bids]
Rock 45 STYX Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man) on A&M US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
DISCO MANIA COMPILATION 20 HITS TU 2410 KISS KOOL AND THE GANG STYX AND MORE KTE US $3.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Paradise Theater (SP-3719) Laser Etched Gatefold US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
33 RPM Record - STYX - Paradise Theater - Mercury # 03719 w/Album Jacket - VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Final Frontier - First Wave (AOR, Z Records 2002, Von Groove,Moratti,Kharma,Styx US $13.03 [0 bids]
STYX - CHILDREN OF THE LAND SHORT / LONG VERSION - MINT- US $3.30 [0 bids]
Styx - Borrowed Time(Album & Edited Versions) Promo 7" 45 RPM Vinyl Record -1979 US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 17m
STYX Kilroy Was Here LP SEALED Original 1983 Mr Roboto A&M US $16.99 [0 bids]
STYX EQUINOX A & M 1975 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
STYX, A DEBUT NM(Not Sealed) BEAUTIFUL ORIGINAL LP (Wooden Nickel) (WNS 1008)! US $14.99 [1 bids]
1 CENT CD Edge of the Century by Styx 1990 ALBUM/70s ROCK ICONS US $0.65 [3 bids]
STYX man of miracles LP PSYCH PROG Japan Press RCA MINT US $12.00 [0 bids]
STYX EDGE OF THE CENTURY CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Greatest Hits by Styx (CD, Aug-1995, A&M (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Styx The Grand Illusion LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
NM Styx Come Sail Away / Put Me On 45RPM w/pic slv US $3.99 [0 bids]
NM Styx Music Time / Heavy Metal Posioning 45RPM w/pic slv US $3.99 [0 bids]
NM Styx Mr Roboto / Snow Blind 45RPM w/pic slv US $3.99 [0 bids]
VG++ Styx Mr Roboto / Snow Blind 45RPM w/paper slv US $3.99 [0 bids]
Styx "Don't Let It End" 45rpm PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY, 1983, VG+ condition US $2.85 Buy It Now 3h 53m
NM Styx Don't Let It End / Rockin' The Paradise 45RPM w/pic slv US $3.99 [0 bids]
STYX (2 CASSETTES) EQUINOX & CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE NO INSERTS READ NOTES US $0.99 [0 bids]
Classics, Vol. 15 by Styx (CD, Oct-1987, A&M (USA)) US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
STYX "Styx II" LP 1973 Wooden Nickel Records WNS-1012 US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 5m
STYX - CRYSTAL BALL [CD NEW] US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Styx ; Caught In The Act Live on LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Styx II, Styx, New US $19.97 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Brave New World, Styx, New US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Styx Cornerstone 1979 A&M Records Vinyl Record Album Lp US $15.97 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Styx - Paradise Theatre LP Gatefold Etched LP SP-3719 US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Styx 45 RPM Babe and I'm Ok A&M records with Jacket US $7.99 [0 bids]
STYX Pieces of Eight SP-4724 LP Af1390 US $7.99 [0 bids]
45 Single - STYX - Mr. Roboto US $0.99 [0 bids]
Styx 3 Lp Lot US $3.99 [0 bids]
6CDs Ted Nugent,The Clash,Jethro Tull ,Styx,The Allman Brothers Band ,Elton John US $7.00 [0 bids]
STYX picture disk US $9.99 [0 bids]
STYX CRYSTAL BALL DESGIN JAPAN MADE 8 X SHM MINI LP CD BOX SET VERY RARE! US $599.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Eagles, The Alan Parsons Project, Chicago, Styx, April Wine, The Cars used 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Styx 2 Lp Lot US $1.99 [0 bids]
Styx - Man of Miracles (Wooden Nickel 1-0638) ("Best Thing") ('74) (art cover) US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Styx - Cornerstone Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
STYX "LOVE IS THE RITUAL" RARE MEXICAN 7" PROMOTIONAL SINGLE Read shipp fees NEW US $9.00 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Styx - Paradise Theater [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Equinox by Styx (CD, Oct-1990, A&M (USA)) US $2.40 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Cornerstone by Styx (CD, Oct-1990, A&M (USA)) US $2.46 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Kilroy Was Here by Styx (CD, Oct-1990, A&M (USA)) US $2.49 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Wholesale lot 20 Record Albums #23, Timi Yuro, Styx, Tony Bennett, Martin, More! US $13.72 Buy It Now 5h 24m
STYX The Grand Illusion LP SP 4637. 1977 A & M Records US $4.00 [0 bids]
STYX/ lady encore collection HARD ROCK new cassette tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
STYX/yesterday & today HARD ROCK new tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
Styx - Big Bang Theory (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.95 [0 bids]
STYX The Grand Illusion LP. SP 4637. 1977 A & M Records US $4.00 [0 bids]
Styx Equinox Cassette Tape Program 1 & 2 Rock & Roll Music Album Songs CS-3217 US $4.98 Buy It Now 5h 36m
STYX-THE GRAND ILLUSION PIECES OF EIGHT: LIVE IN CONCERT-JAPAN 2CD BLU-RAY S95 US $103.50 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Axe - Five (AOR, Pomp,Zero Corp 1997,Japanese Issue,No OBI,Styx,Trillion,Thrills US $6.51 [0 bids]
Rock 45 STYX Lorelei on A&M US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
GOWAN - AU QUEBEC (SOLO LIVE - RARE OOP CD) Styx US $8.16 [0 bids]
GOWAN - HOME FIELD (CD) Styx US $5.71 [0 bids]
GOWAN - LOST BROTHERHOOD (USA Import CD) Styx, Alex Lifeson (Rush) US $8.16 [0 bids]
GOWAN - THE GOOD CATCHES UP (Import CD) Styx US $8.16 [0 bids]
1980 - STYX - Cornerstone - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.66 Buy It Now 5h 54m
KANCHELI, GIYA - KANCHELI: STYX; TAVENER: THE MYRRH-BEARER - NEW CD US $17.77 Buy It Now 6h 8m
STYX - REPPOO / Japan LP / OBI / 1981 / Record US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
7 Rock LPs - The Rock Album, Cheap Trick, Foreigner, Styx, Kansas, EL US $10.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy STYX music online Buy STYX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STYX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STYX Styxworld Live 2001 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

STYX Styxworld Live 2001 reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars I saw Styx live in 1976 in support of their Grand Illusion album. I remember being in absolute awe of how good they were live. How could anybody be that good live? I asked myself. Well, they were that good, and they still are. And to this day I think it was the best live concert that I have ever seen. Now it is 2001, and here I sit with a StyxWorld Live 2001 CD in my hand. I can't express the excitement I felt when I opened the package and saw this CD. I stopped listening to this group after Paradise Theater, and then I followed Tommy Shaw's solo career and the groups he was in over the years for a while, then I just lost interest. I have interest again, and in a very big way.

Styx is minus Dennis DeYoung, but they are still the core of what they were when they started. Tommy Shaw (guitar, vocals) and James "JY" Young (guitar, vocals) are the long-standing guiding lights and the glue that has held the Styx phenomenon in place all of these years. They both can still sing and play a mean guitar. The soaring harmonies and rocking melodic guitars is the trademark of this band.

The only time I really missed DeYoung's touch was on "Come Sail Away," it's just not the same without him. Lawrence Gowan does a fine job fronting the group, and his voice bears a startling resemblance to DeYoung's, which is why the group asked him to join I am sure. The tracks where JY and Shaw sing lead were the most enjoyable for me. I discovered Styx back in the seventies by listening to the albums Equinox and Crystal Ball, and that is when I really enjoyed them the most, so it was relatively easy for me to get completely engrossed in this CD. Old friend and former bass player Chuck Panozzo shows up to stand in for a guest appearance to bring you back to the good old days when it all began. I had chills throughout the entire run of this, and there aren't too many albums that do that to me.

The one song that just blew me away was "Love Is The Ritual," what a rocker! Styx still has what takes, and they are so much better than the majority of recording artists that are claiming to be the real deal. JY had his moment with his song "Miss America"; I have always loved that number. His vocals are so commanding and strong. I can see Alice Cooper performing that song with a whiplash smile now. It has those cynical and dark lyrics that would be perfect for the king of shock of rock. JY does fine job with it though, it's a perfect match for his deep voice and the fat power chords he keeps pumping out while singing. It's a chill and a thrill a minute with each song on this CD. The recordings are taken from all over the world, and it's a good mixture of their career over the years. They touch upon each decade that they recorded. A special bonus is "Sing For The Day," which was never before performed live, and the Don Henley and Patty Smyth song "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough." The Damn Yankees' (a supergroup with Tommy Shaw) great song "High Enough" is recorded for the first time by Styx, making this an all encompassing recording that reflects different aspects of the group and the individual efforts of the members as well.

I know I am gushing and carrying on about this CD, I can't help myself. I have always appreciated Styx and their talent. All of them can sing and play with equal expertise, and they do to this day. Yes, the magic is still within their grasp, and they are seizing the moment. You can't miss out on this CD, you owe it to yourself to buy this CD. If you don't, hang your head in shame. They are also keeping up with the times, as their website is excellent ... it's very hip and very cool. The true disciples of rock and roll will be able to relate to every word I say... Styx is back!

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#17433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 26, 2005

5 stars The shot in the ass that they needed. Lawrence Gowin leaves Dennis De Young in a cloud of dust ! Their is a reason for the rebirth of this great band. They never gave up on what they do best. This line up is possibly their best ever. Don't miss them, for they will astonish you on stage.!! ... (read more)

Report this review (#68673) | Posted by titfortat03 | Tuesday, February 07, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Anyone who has seriously listened to Styx' dramatic, pomped-up pop/rock has an opinion about ex-frontman/ keyboardist Dennis DeYoung. Many think DDY was an essential part of Styx, citing his tremendous singing voice and sweet songwriting touch. Some, however, think that DDY was holding the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#17432) | Posted by | Thursday, July 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STYX "Styxworld Live 2001"